Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Is The Guy Too Old For Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is The Guy Too Old For Me (2717 Views)

Man Proposes To Cheating Girlfriend, Brings Along The Guy She’s Cheating With / Is She Too Old For Me? / *ladies* Can You Get Pregnant For A Guy Too Old To Live With His Mother...?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Guy Too Old For Me by grace97(f): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
by house..am having a problem.am 20 years and a 31 year old guy is coming to ask for my hand in marriage....is d age gap not much
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Op, there are a lot of things you have to put into perspective.

First of all, do you really want to get married now? Do you feel you are physically, emotionally and psychologically prepared for marriage at the point?
I won't say you are too young to marry but only you knows if you are ready.

That being said, you really need to ask yourself some questions and be sincere about the answers.
~Do you really love this guy, and is he someone you would like to spend the rest of you life with?
Age isn't really a barrier to love but you alone have the true answer to this question.
If you truly love him and he truly loves you and your face and heart lightens up whenever you visualize the two of you as a couple then go ahead.

I don't know if you are through with your education or if the marrying now is going to in any way affect that but I trust you to consider these things.
If your parents and siblings are in support, I don't see anything to worry about...

Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by xynerise: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
grace97:
by house..am having a problem.am 20 years and a 31 year old guy is coming to ask for my hand in marriage....is d age gap not much
Didn't you study mathematics in school to know the age gap?

1 Like

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by overdrive(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
dey there. if d guy na otedola pikin or dangote pikin. will this question arise.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by agarawu23(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
op, he is too old for you

BTW is he from a rich family??
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by imbless: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
rolleyes
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by consultancy: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
u saw a 31 year old dats ready to settle down in present day nigeria, u stil av mouth to talk.
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by temitemi1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by AndreRose(f): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
Aint you too young to get married?

Marriage should not be your priority at this your age unless there are cogent reasons for delving into it. Remember marriage is for the mature but if you feel your ready and all brazen up for it, go ahead.
And again at 20 a guy who is 10 years older is too much for me. But where you are 24 or 25 a guy who is 10 years older is okay.
The choice is yours.
Don't forget to finish your education( even when married) to get a job, you wouldn't want to be a liability to him,would you?

1 Like

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by LewisO: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
maureensylvia:
my friend if u love him, go for him, don't use age gap as an excuse. love conquest all

Naso marriage dey sweet u for body?

Do u care to ask her if she's ready before dropping this?

1 Like

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by maureensylvia(f): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
my friend if u love him, go for him, don't use age gap as an excuse. love conquest all
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by maureensylvia(f): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
my friend if u love him, go for him, don't use age gap as an excuse. love conquers all
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by prevail23(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
my dear better get married, b4 u become "too old" to him
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
What are your priorities?

You're 20 years old and marriage is d next thing!

No plans about building yourself.

Well, the age gap is kind of much. 10+ years
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Ezedon(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
U no go marry now till u become 31 and start jumping from one church to another looking for miracle
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by SleekyP(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
overdrive:
dey there. if d guy na otedola pikin or dangote pikin. will this question arise.
sense cool
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by jerome263: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
wat u shud be tinking is how ready are u at 20 to get married.....for d age gap, I don't c any tin wrong wt dat...I hv seen a man hu is older dan his wife wt 15 gud yrs......
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
Aint you a little too young for this? Or, are you working already? Or, in school....? Biko, dey empowered and financially independent before this. You can ask him to give you sometime to achieve these (if they aint in place already) as he is equally young and not too old for marriage cool cool cool
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Enegod(m): 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
grace97:
You are going to get a lot of moral crap about this. Don't even listen to such nonsense. You're 20, a legal adult...demand on being treated like an adult when someone says otherwise. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
If your destiny in life is to get married, then go ahead. If not, then still get married and stay in school. Whether he is too old for you ? I think he is even too young to get married in today's Nigeria. You, are too old if you live in Zamfara. Its all relative.
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Truckpusher(m): 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
Aint you a little too young for this? Or, are you working already? Or, in school....? Biko, dey empowered and financially independent before this. You can ask him to give you sometime to achieve these (if they aint in place already) as he is equally young and not too old for marriage cool cool cool
You keep dragging me to these professional whining emasculated folks.

Where is that Abia girl called Missyclassy? angry
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
You keep dragging me to these professional whining emasculated folks.

Where is that Abia girl called Missyclassy? angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I have said my Church mind. Waiting on the attackers cool cool cool grin grin grin
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Truckpusher(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
grace97:
Wait until your puccy has been bruised beyond redemption. grin tongue
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Wow!
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
jerome263:
wat u shud be tinking is how ready are u at 20 to get married.....for d age gap, I don't c any tin wrong wt dat...I hv seen a man hu is older dan his wife wt 15 gud yrs......
I know one grin. The wife complains of him listening to his Transistor Radio int the wee hours of the night cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

*runsoff*
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Truckpusher(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
I know one grin. The wife complains of him listening to his Transistor Radio int the wee hours of the night cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

*runsoff*
Honestly, if I'm nairaland no puccy can stop me.

Women should learn how to give men their space.

Some ladies are just fuccking attention seeking zombies. grin
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by baralatie(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
grace97:
is he your bf!
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Honestly, if I'm nairaland no puccy can stop me.

Women should learn how to give men their space.

Some ladies are just fuccking attention seeking zombies. grin
This is different grin
He dips it into an empty ceramic bowl for a louder reception cheesy cheesy cheesy
E no easy ooooo embarassed
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Truckpusher(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
This is different grin
He dips it into an empty ceramic bowl for a louder reception cheesy cheesy cheesy
E no easy ooooo embarassed
Chai! My sister haf spoil eh.
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Chai! My sister haf spoil eh.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by Truckpusher(m): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You're a darling after all.

Just tell 'em boys to shove it . grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Guy Too Old For Me by FLAWLES(f): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
No1>do u love him(cuz if you do you wondnt b here asking us such question)....No2>if him be Dangote pikin na,you no go de here de ask us such question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tallest Man In India Says He's Long Been Looking For Wife, But Can't Find. Pics / HELP : My Girlfriend Told Me That A Prophet Said I Won't Marry Her / Importance Of Garlic In Your S3x Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.