Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,566 members, 7,770,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86724 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
9inches:

The Bible (written books) and Divine tradition (written traditions)

New Testament:
Christ gave His disciples no specific command to write, but only to teach: "going therefore, teach ye all nations, . . . teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20). "As the Father hath sent me, I also send you" (John 20:21). And in accordance with this, the Church is everywhere presented to us as a living and undying society composed of the teachers and the taught. Christ is in the Church, and is its Head; and He promised that the Holy Spirit should be with it and abide in it. "He will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you" (John 14:26). Hence St. Paul calls the Church "the pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Timothy 3:15; cf. Mark 16:16; Romans 10:17; Acts 15:28).

Tradition:
The same doctrine appears in the writings of the Fathers of every age; thus St. Ignatius (Letter to the Trallians 7) "Keep yourselves from heretics. You will be able to do this if you are not puffed up with pride, and (so) separated from (our) God, Jesus Christ, and from the bishop, and from the precepts of the Apostles. He who is within the altar is clean, he who is without is not clean; that is, he who acts any way without the bishop, the priestly body, and the deacons, is not clean in conscience". And St. Irenæus ("Adv. Haer.", III, ii) says, of heretics, that "not one of them but feels no shame in preaching himself, and thus depraving the rule of faith" (ton tes aletheias kanona); and again (III, iv), "it is not right to seek from others that truth which it is easy to get from the Church, since the Apostles poured into it in fullest measure, as into a rich treasury, all that belongs to the truth, so that whosoever desires may drink thence the draught of life". A little further on, he speaks (V, xx) of the "true and sound preaching of the Church, which offers to the whole world one and the same way of salvation"

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05766b.htm
I hope you know faith does not come from traditions.
I have no problems with traditions that are biblical.

The bible contains christian traditions.

When traditions contradicts the scripture which are you to obey?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2018
Ubenedictus:

no he believes he must obey the teachings of the apostles whether they came down in writing AKA Bible or taught to the Church in words and later wrote down.

the word of God was never confined to the Bible alone.
what is penned down by the apostles is what determines truth.

It isthe scripture that is inspired not traditions
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
what is penned down by the apostles is what determines truth.

It isthe scripture that is inspired not traditions

no sir, what the apostles TAUGHT the Church is what is considered truth and every ancient Church accept that whether it came down in written form or through the apostolic teaching bestowed on the Church.

scripture is inspired so also is the teachings of the apostles unless you think they didn't have the authority of the spirit to teach God's word.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
Ubenedictus:

no sir, what the apostles TAUGHT the Church is what is considered truth and every ancient Church accept that whether it came down in written form or through the apostolic teaching bestowed on the Church.

scripture is inspired so also is the teachings of the apostles unless you think they didn't have the authority of the spirit to teach God's word.
. What the apostles teach through words are what they penned down.
Any tradition that goes against what the apostles preached must be thrown out.
Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You see that it is the scripture that is inspired.
Paul said we shouldn't think of men above what has been written meaning a christian conduct should be guided by what is written.
1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that
which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The Traditions of the early church is what is written in their epistle.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

But catholism tries to exalt her traditions above the epistles of the apostles.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2018
brocab:
As a Catholic-have you ever heard from God? all is it something you believe the priest are the ones that hear from God?
{Romans 13:13} convicted and converted the immoral Augustine. For Martin Luther, a miserable monk, the light broke in through
{Romans 1:17} He said, Night and day I pondered until I saw the connection between the justice of God and the statement that "the just shall live by his faith.
Why has the Bible had this abiding relevance and power? I believe the answer is found in our text.
{2 Peter 1:20–21} "First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God."
This passage teaches that when you read Scripture, what you are reading does not merely come from a man but also from God.
The Bible is the writing of many different men. But it is also far more than that. Yes, men spoke. They spoke with their own language and style.
But Peter mentions two other dimensions of their speaking. Speaking from God, Moved by the Holy Spirit, First, they spoke from God. What they have to say is not merely from their own limited perspective. They are not the origin of the truth they speak; they are the channel. The truth is God's truth. Their meaning is God's meaning.

The reply was meant for Solite3, not you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
brocab:
Easy you believe we are to obey both man and God's traditions?
But what does the bible say?

I did not say that. If that's what you believe, good for you.

9inches:

Where can we find the highlighted teaching? Note the book was written before 70 AD, and we are in 2018, how and where can one get this "speech" since we already have the "letter"?

Can you answer the above question now without deflecting?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
Both was your answer to this question-meaning we live by the traditions of man and God-We can get this speech from God Himself..Peter speech it, but you are not agreeable with the bible verses on that..
9inches:

I did not say that. If that's what you believe, good for you.

Can you answer the above question now without deflecting?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
So I am supporting my brother in Christ? Don't you support your fellow comrades?
9inches:

The reply was meant for Solite3, not you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:20pm On Jan 14, 2018
While God was speaking to Moses was not the 10 Commandments written on tablets of stone?
Ubenedictus:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
. What the apostles teach through words are what they penned down.
where is this written?
Any tradition that goes against what the apostles preached must be thrown out.
Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
why do you imagine that apostolic tradition will contradict apostolic writing?

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You see that it is the scripture that is inspired.
Paul said we shouldn't think of men above what has been written meaning a christian conduct should be guided by what is written.
1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that
which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

1. the time Timothy was written it wasn't considered scripture, it was just a letter Paul wrote.
2. nor was Corinthian considered scripture either.
3. the warnings in revelation concerns the book of revelation only

you need to read you Bible more.

The Traditions of the early church is what is written in their epistle.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

But catholism tries to exalt her traditions above the epistles of the apostles.
nowhere is it written that the apostolic tradition were all put in the epistles, in fact that is a lie, if it was true Paul wouldn't have wrote in 2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

he knew clearly that the apostolic teaching/tradition came in two forms both written and unwritten. in fact just as the written word was kept so too was the unwritten tradition kept and preserved in the Church, in fact the Bible tells us so.

And the things you have heard me say in the
presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people
who will also be qualified to teach others. 2 Tim 2:2.

that shows the importance of those unwritten tradition because the apostle explicitly commanded that they must be kept and held on to and passed down from generation to generation.

that is why the ancient Churches are unique because they hold the word of God as the Bible says they should be held, both the written and the unwritten tradition. they go back and check the writings and practices of the early Christians and what has been passed down from them.

so that every belief in the Church is traced to the apostles through their written teachings and the unwritten ones they committed to the Church.

that is why the Bible does not teach that scripture is the sole rule of faith, that is why the early Christians never believed that the Bible was the sole rule of faith, in fact that idea of sola scriptura is a heresy invented by Martin Luther 1500years after the apostles.

you are following a doctrine invented by Martin Luther, tradition of men.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
Then prove it to us-where else do we find the written Word of God-if He isn't in the bible only.
Ubenedictus:

no he believes he must obey the teachings of the apostles whether they came down in writing AKA Bible or taught to the Church in words and later wrote down.

the word of God was never confined to the Bible alone.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
brocab:
[cor=#000099]While God was speaking to Moses was not the 10 Commandments written on tablets of stone?[/color]

there were another 600 laws which God gave moses and they weren't written on the tablets of stone, they only got put down later.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2018
brocab:
Then prove it to us-where else do we find the written Word of God-if He isn't in the bible only.
the written word is in the Bible the unwritten which we too must hold is what I am talking about and

you can find it here.

it was given to the Church to be passed down from generation to generation, and by Church mean the only Church that goes back to the time of the apostles, it is found in the testimony of the early Christians.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
Are you pushing for a miracle, that will take some praying-expecting the Catholic's to answer the truth for you-they are not trained to be honest, even the priest lie, the Pope lies calling himself god on earth, these Catholic's haven't the slightest idea 'what is truth.
Forgive me brother I added it-to kill my boredom sitting at home reading through.
How long has it been bro, since we have worked-spreading the gospel to the lost souls across the nations, and still God works in us, given us strength to come up against our enemies everyday..
God say's love them-as He has loved us, this doesn't mean the Catholic's actually believe this is true.
solite3:
thanks for your reply.
I wanted a roman catholic to answer.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
You are up in arms today Uben-what's going on, have you found a subject you like?
And plus wasn't there 613 laws to be counted for, but when Christ came He gave us two laws, to go by-Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and the second love your neighbour as yourself..
It doesn't matter how many commandments were written after the 10 commandments, what matters God wrote them on stone.
And besides had you noticed even our own laws are all written down..
Ubenedictus:

there were another 600 laws which God gave moses and they weren't written on the tablets of stone, they only got put down later.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2018
brocab:
You are up in arms today Uben-what's going on, have you found a subject you like?
And plus wasn't there 613 laws to be counted for, but when Christ came He gave us two laws, to go by-Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and the second love your neighbour as yourself..
It doesn't matter how many commandments were written after the 10 commandments, what matters God wrote them on stone.
And besides had you noticed even our own laws are all written down..

actually your example only proves my points. some laws were written on tablets others weren't.

the summary of our laws were written down but the Bible clearly tells us that the Christian doctrine in found both in the Bible and in unwritten tradition so that we may all know it and not go around on the Bible alone.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2018
Than this proves you haven't received the Holy spirit to know the Word of God full hearten-theirs no such thing as a lukewarm Christian, these other unwritten words you claim to hold-are the traditions of men-more then they are of God, this is clearly seen throughout the Catholic Church.
{2 Timothy 2:2} Is about teaching the traditions of God, not the traditions of men, you are not sure about-everything we preach is written in the Word of God-Jesus said: test the Spirit.
{2 Timothy 3:16} All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..
We preach what we read-If it isn't written in the Word of God-then it's a sinners lie..
{2 Corinthians 11:3-4} I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ.
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.
Meaning if someone comes to me and preaches another gospel that doesn't line up with the Word of God, Uben then it's a lie..
Ubenedictus:

the written word is in the Bible the unwritten which we too must hold is what I am talking about and

you can find it here.

it was given to the Church to be passed down from generation to generation, and by Church mean the only Church that goes back to the time of the apostles, it is found in the testimony of the early Christians.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:09am On Jan 15, 2018
To be honest-If this wisdom you say is not in the bible alone, then it isn't God's wisdom.
And also I have never had God speak to me, through another way, other then the written Word of God..
When I preach, I preach doctrine, preaching without the Word of God isn't preaching Him. The righteousness of God is His Word-Jesus said give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, which is the coin, and give back to God what belongs to God-which is His Word-I preach His Word..
It would be bible bashing-if I didn't know the Word of God..I would be a dead branch without the living vine..
Ubenedictus:

actually your example only proves my points. some laws were written on tablets others weren't.

the summary of our laws were written down but the Bible clearly tells us that the Christian doctrine in found both in the Bible and in unwritten tradition so that we may all know it and not go around on the Bible alone.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:42am On Jan 15, 2018
Where was the Catholic Church found in the Old Testament? I am sure it was part of a pagan temple, and still is to my knowledge.
Trusting in the reliable people is trusting in God-these people didn't preach the traditions of men, they preached Jesus..
Don't you understand? The Word of God is all about Jesus, man didn't preach other then Him-Peter said: silver and Gold I do not have, but in the name of Jesus stand up and walk-and how do I know this-its written in the bible, Jesus quoted scriptures, when He had to deal with the Pharisees, and the people in genal.
The Torah is foundational to Judaism, and Jesus quoted it often. The first examples below come from the story of Jesus being tempted by Satan out in the desert. Jesus responds to each temptation by quoting from the Torah, showing the supreme value he placed on it for life, thought and behavior.
{Have you noticed Jesus quoted scripture-from the Torah which of cause is written in the bible-Each time Jesus begins “You have heard that it was said…” and contrasts it with “…but I say.” He is not contradicting the Torah, about which he would have said, “It is written.” The phrase “You have heard that it was said” referred to popular understandings of the Torah—the way it was understood and applied, the way people learned it from their parents and teachers, the way it was repeated at the watering trough and the back alleys and the shoemaker’s shop; He quoted the Torah just it is written in the bible}
(Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4) But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
(Deuteronomy 8:3) And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
Ubenedictus:

you can find it here.

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 5:04am On Jan 15, 2018
brocab:
Both was your answer to this question-meaning we live by the traditions of man and God-We can get this speech from God Himself..Peter speech it, but you are not agreeable with the bible verses on that..
You are the one obsessed with the traditions of man. I haven't mentioned such a thing because I don't believe in it; maybe you do, which is ok by me.
Now can you answer the question below?
{2 Thessalonians 2:14-16} To this He called you through our gospel, so that you may share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brothers, stand firm and cling to the traditions we taught you, whether by speech or by letter.
Where can we find the highlighted teaching today? Noting that this letter was written before 70 AD, and we are in 2018, how and where can we get this "speech" since we already have the "letter"?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 5:14am On Jan 15, 2018
brocab:
So I am supporting my brother in Christ? Don't you support your fellow comrades?
I didn't ask him any question, so your support wasn't needed.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:25am On Jan 15, 2018
brocab:
Are you pushing for a miracle, that will take some praying-expecting the Catholic's to answer the truth for you-they are not trained to be honest, even the priest lie, the Pope lies calling himself god on earth, these Catholic's haven't the slightest idea 'what is truth.
Mr judge, you just tagged Catholics as liars, I'm sure that made you feel a bit more righteous uh?

How long has it been bro, since we have worked-spreading the gospel to the lost souls across the nations, and still God works in us, given us strength to come up against our enemies everyday..
God say's love them-as He has loved us, this doesn't mean the Catholic's actually believe this is true.
see how you guys pat each other on the back as you defend a tradition of men invented by Martin Luther.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2018
brocab:
[=#000099]Than this proves you haven't received the Holy spirit to know the Word of God full hearten-theirs no such thing as a lukewarm Christian, these other unwritten words you claim to hold-are the traditions of men-more then they are of God, this is clearly seen throughout the Catholic Church.

see how you have side stepped the clear words of scripture just because you want to follow sola scriptura a doctrine of men invented by Martin Luther?

the Bible says the apostolic unwritten tradition are to be held and informed us that it is passed down in the Church. but of course you prefer the sola Bible that isn't taught in the Bible but invented by Martin Luther.

{2 Timothy 2:2}[/color] Is about teaching the traditions of God, not the traditions of men, you are not sure about-everything we preach is written in the Word of God-Jesus said: test the Spirit.
{2 Timothy 3:16} All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..
We preach what we read-If it isn't written in the Word of God-then it's a sinners lie..
{2 Corinthians 11:3-4} I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ.
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.
Meaning if someone comes to me and preaches another gospel that doesn't line up with the Word of God, Uben then it's a lie..
the Bible says the apostolic unwritten tradition are there given to the Church, you are the one who claims that they don't line up with scripture and that isn't correct.

the apostolic unwritten tradition and the written tradition comes from the same source that is-the apostles and both are preserved and rightly taught in the Church the apostles established, they don't contradict each other, they complement each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31am On Jan 15, 2018
brocab:
To be honest-If this wisdom you say is not in the bible alone, then it isn't God's wisdom.
the Bible doesn't teach that the word of God is confined to the Bible alone. that is a tradition of men invented by Martin Luther.

the Bible says the word of God comes down to us in two form, the written word AKA the Bible and the unwritten apostolic tradition, both are given to and preserved in the Church.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions
which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our
epistle.

presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable
people

And also I have never had God speak to me, through another way, other then the written Word of God..
that is because you have confined him to the written word even though the Bible says you must also hold the unwritten tradition.
When I preach, I preach doctrine, preaching without the Word of God isn't preaching Him. The righteousness of God is His Word-Jesus said give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, which is the coin, and give back to God what belongs to God-which is His Word-I preach His Word..
It would be bible bashing-if I didn't know the Word of God..I would be a dead branch without the living vine..
Jesus is the Word AKA logos in Greek of God. and the revelation he gave us AKA rhema is found in the written Bible and the unwritten tradition.

I know the word because I have received it fully just as the Bible says I should from both the written word and the unwritten tradition, and when I teach doctrine, I happily quote the Bible and also quote the testimony of the early Christians who received the unwritten tradition and what has always been held in the Church and they don't contradict, they complement.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2018
brocab:
[r=#000099]Where was the Catholic Church found in the Old Testament? I am sure it was part of a pagan temple, and still is to my knowledge.

in case you don't know the old testament is Judaism, the Church of Jesus that is the Catholic Church was founded on the death of Jesus, commissioned at his ascension and empowered at Pentecost. it is the new testament Church we are talking about.

Trusting in the reliable people is trusting in God-these people didn't preach the traditions of men, they preached Jesus..
Don't you understand? The Word of God is all about Jesus, man didn't preach other then Him-Peter said: silver and Gold I do not have, but in the name of Jesus stand up and walk-and how do I know this-its written in the bible, Jesus quoted scriptures, when He had to deal with the Pharisees, and the people in genal.
and that Very word of God is contained in the unwritten tradition given to the Church
The Torah is foundational to Judaism, and Jesus quoted it often. The first examples below come from the story of Jesus being tempted by Satan out in the desert. Jesus responds to each temptation by quoting from the Torah, showing the supreme value he placed on it for life, thought and behavior.
[color=#006600]{Have you noticed Jesus quoted scripture-from the Torah which of cause is written in the bible-Each time Jesus begins “You have heard that it was said…” and contrasts it with “…but I say.” He is not contradicting the Torah, about which he would have said, “It is written.” The phrase “You have heard that it was said” referred to popular understandings of the Torah—the way it was understood and applied, the way people learned it from their parents and teachers, the way it was repeated at the watering trough and the back alleys and the shoemaker’s shop; He quoted the Torah just it is written in the bible}
(Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4) But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
(Deuteronomy 8:3) And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
that that same Bible showed us that the apostles referred to non biblical tradition of the Jews.

1 Cor 2:9,
"but just as it is written,'THINGS WHICH EYE
HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND
which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN,
ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO
LOVE HIM.'

do you know anywhere where that was written?

do you know anywhere the name James and jambre quoted in 2tim 3:8 where given?

the the passages alluded to here?
Jude 4,6,13,14–15, 2 Peter 2:4;
3:13,

but that doesn't even concern my point.

the issue is clear the new testament expressly commands Christians to hold on firmly to the unwritten traditions.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Syncan(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2018
bchi:
Thanks for all explanations, advise ,critics and comments.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
This is a post I made 2015 and the mods decided to bring it up this year, showing there's nothing God can not do. Thanks mods ,am grateful
By Gods grace , we are getting married this year.

I got to the church on my own to see how things works there. I will tell you, there are alot of difference. I learnt a lot especially discipline before entry, though I came early before mass started.
Things I didn't see are
They didn't worship( worship songs)
No testimony
No tithe
No dancing.

it was awesome especially the teaching from the priest.
my doubt has been cleared.

Mind you, I was given birth in METHODIST. I grew up in an Orthodox church..

The best place in Catholic are Charismatics and Adoration (I haven't attended)
LOVE YOU ALL.
WISH YOU MORE GRACE TO RIDE THIS YEAR

I wish you the best of married life. Be rest assured that God loves you and it's a rare privilege that He has given you. I am glad you've found out that what ignorant or wicked people all around say about the church is false (the gates of hell must keep fighting, but won't overcome). Most people i know who appreciate the beauty of the Catholic Church are those who entered late. Be curious, be open minded, be a good scholar, and you'll see what treasures God is opening up for you. A lot of people already in the fold take it for granted...like the biblical children of the kingdom...but people will come from east and west to occupy Matt.8:12. Once again, as i said in the opening page, if you have any question or doubt at all, there is a catholic thread here on NL. God bless you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Syncan(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
chubbyz:
I am married to a catholic, my husband allows me to go to my church, but he does not belief in d holy ghost, speaking in tongues or being fervent in the things of God. Its so frustrating sometimes, it kills my spirit, when u want to have quiet time, then he comes with one erand or the other just to distract u!

My advicw it is left for u if u can cope then marry him, if not, wait for ur own. Simple!

Aunty, your hubby is not serious with his religion or Christian faith. You cannot use him as a yardstick to measure what a Catholic truly is. Catholics start their prayers "in the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit", how then does he not believe in the Holy Spirit?Charismatics is a group in the Catholic Church where you find people with such Charism as speaking in tongues, how then does his belief represent the Catholic Church? The catholic church has produced numerous saints, has people who leave everything and stay in monasteries praying, and still boast of people who give up all and go into missions, not to talk of everyday catholics who die daily like St. Paul 1Cor.15:31 in living a life of holiness, how then does your husbands' lack of fervency in things of God represent the Catholic Church? You married a non serious Christian, no use your reggae spoil our gospel music abeg.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
We are on different roads here, because the apostles quoted scripture, now written in what we call the bible, you believe these are unwritten Words?
These Words didn't come from man, they came from God-this is why we call it the Word of God.
So you are saying it was the Catholic Church that was built upon the Judaism's, the same Pharisees that Jesus argued against, every time the Pharisees followed the traditions of men, rather then they followed the traditions of God.
Now I understand-and the Church stays the same, and because the Pharisees had crucified Jesus on Roman soil, the Church stood its ground claiming your Church is the foundation of Christ..Am I right?
Ubenedictus:

in case you don't know the old testament is Judaism, the Church of Jesus that is the Catholic Church was founded on the death of Jesus, commissioned at his ascension and empowered at Pentecost. it is the new testament Church we are talking about.

and that Very word of God is contained in the unwritten tradition given to the Church
that that same Bible showed us that the apostles referred to non biblical tradition of the Jews.

LOVE HIM.'

do you know anywhere the name James and jambre quoted in 2tim 3:8 where given?

the the passages alluded to here?
Jude 4,6,13,14–15, 2 Peter 2:4;
3:13,

but that doesn't even concern my point.

the issue is clear the new testament expressly commands Christians to hold on firmly to the unwritten traditions.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2018
And how does God speak to you? If God isn't speaking through His Word Jesus?
Maybe if you were to explain the unwritten Word-you claim you follow-instead of blaming Martin Luther all the time, "then we could go a little further on this subject.
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
{2 Thessalonians 2:15}
So what you call word-it is now written in writing, so it's no longer just words, but the Word, God's Word Jesus-its now written..
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.
{2 Tim 2:2} Don't you understand these people were trusted enough to be filled with the Holy Spirit, given to them by God..Yes they preach it, they preached God's written Word Jesus throughout the nations.
And the Word of God said this too, but this doesn't prove you have the missing link. {John 21:25} And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
And these are the missing links no-one preaches-because man alone does not know them, unless they were revealed by the Spirit of God, 'these missing secrets, maybe revealed in Heaven..Amen.
Ubenedictus:
the Bible doesn't teach that the word of God is confined to the Bible alone. that is a tradition of men invented by Martin Luther.

the Bible says the word of God comes down to us in two form, the written word AKA the Bible and the unwritten apostolic tradition, both are given to and preserved in the Church.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions
which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our
epistle.

presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable
people

that is because you have confined him to the written word even though the Bible says you must also hold the unwritten tradition.
Jesus is the Word AKA logos in Greek of God. and the revelation he gave us AKA rhema is found in the written Bible and the unwritten tradition.

I know the word because I have received it fully just as the Bible says I should from both the written word and the unwritten tradition, and when I teach doctrine, I happily quote the Bible and also quote the testimony of the early Christians who received the unwritten tradition and what has always been held in the Church and they don't contradict, they complement.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29am On Jan 16, 2018
brocab:
[color=#000099]We are on different roads here, because the apostles quoted scripture, now written in what we call the bible, you believe these are unwritten Words?
if you think they quoted scriptures all you need to do is show me where st Paul quoted from

LOVE HIM.'
do you know anywhere the name James and jambre
quoted in 2tim 3:8 where given?

These Words didn't come from man, they came from God-this is why we call it the Word of God.
[color=#000099]So you are saying it was the Catholic Church that was built upon the Judaism's, the same Pharisees that Jesus argued against, every time the Pharisees followed the traditions of men, rather then they followed the traditions of God.
you seem confused

nobody is talking about thing that came from men, we are talking about the word of God which the Bible says is given to us through written from and unwritten form.

no sir I didn't say the Catholic Church was built on Judaism, I said it was began when Jesus died, commissioned at his ascension and empowered at Pentecost

Now I understand-and the Church stays the same, and because the Pharisees had crucified Jesus on Roman soil, the Church stood its ground claiming your Church is the foundation of Christ..Am I right?
sorry but this is gibberish.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I know the word because I have received it fully just as the Bible says {This actually sounds the bible is just a book, without you knowing the Spirit, let alone having the Spirit} I should from both the written word and the unwritten tradition, {The unwritten tradition is how you put it, Paul spoke the Word of God-given by God-and later it was written in the bible} and when I teach doctrine, I happily quote the Bible and also quote the testimony of the early Christians who received the unwritten tradition {So what you are saying you mix the bible up with the early Church traditions-no wonder the Church isn't saved in Christ} and what has always been held in the Church and they don't contradict, they complement.
Again you are not listening to me, Paul quoted scripture from God, which in Paul's letters he was reminded of these things that were given to him from God and the Holy Spirit Paul had received fully, because Paul believed, the Spirit reminded Paul to write them down. The verse you quoted, Uben is found written in the Bible, as it stands, "how else do we know, the written Word of God-if God didn't open up the bible, allowing His own believers to enjoy the same blessings, the apostles had just by believing fully in "the One true God, Jesus Christ.
{John 14:26} But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
{Proverbs 30:5}Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
As a kind of friend to you, "really" again I ask you, have you alone heard from God Himself? Have you ever had an encounter with the Holy Spirit-why do you refuse to become a born again believer, why are you so religious you believe the bible isn't enough to know God? You think you know God on the outside, but your insides are full of darkness, and that light you believe that shines through the Catholic Church, it isn't bright enough, neither in you, nor anybody else that refuses Christ to His fullest.
Ubenedictus:
if you think they quoted scriptures all you need to do is show me where st Paul quoted from

LOVE HIM.'
do you know anywhere the name James and jambre
quoted in 2tim 3:8 where given?

you seem confused

nobody is talking about thing that came from men, we are talking about the word of God which the Bible says is given to us through written from and unwritten form.

no sir I didn't say the Catholic Church was built on Judaism, I said it was began when Jesus died, commissioned at his ascension and empowered at Pentecost

sorry but this is gibberish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.