Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:22 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86687 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:19am On Jan 22, 2018
brocab:
You are so wrong, the body of Christ, God's chosen, listen to Word, mouth and letters, we are the ones that follow the commandments of God, we don't add, nor do we remove, and yet the Catholic Church have done both..
Matter of fact-the Catholic Church preachers another doctrine, of another Jesus, it teaches them to pray through the rosaries, they teach them to pray through Mary and the saints, you are taught, praying to Mary and the saints is like asking the living to pray for you, praying to Mary and the saints after they died is unscriptural! "When the bible strictly tells us to pray directly to the Father. God is the God of the living.
So you are mistaken, if the Catholic Church maintains both, then why does the Catholic Church refuse to obey both, in, all of the commandments of God?
Is Martin Luther a God, certainly not, but did God work through Martin Luther "Yes" Martin Luther was accused of treason against the Catholic Church, not against God..

Do you believe God's Word is both in written and unwritten form - YES OR NO?

Luther and his teachings are not of God. Only the Church of the Apostles, the one Christ established Himself can confirmif you are teaching in accordance with Christ's teachings or not. If you reject the Catholic Church, you reject the Apostles and Christ Himself:

1. “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, even so I send you.” (John 20:21)
2. “He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.” (Matthew 10:40)
3. “He who hears you hears Me, and he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.” (Luke 10:16)
4. "I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven." (Matthew 16:18)
5. “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)

ALL THE ABOVE AUTHORITIES THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL RETAINS TO INTERPRET AND TEACH THE WORD OF GOD WITH GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. The Holy Spirit was a promise Christ made to His Church, and he explicitly says "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
9inches:

Let me explain it this way - Jesus only preached verbally, he did not write. The Apostles started preaching verbally until there was the need to write to Churches far away from them. And when they write, they address specific topics or areas of concern. Knowing that it is almost impossible to put down every thought or knowledge down in writing, it makes sense why Paul would say the following: (2 Thess 2:15) "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth [unwritten] or by letter [written]".

Also, (3 John 13-14) "I have much to write you, but I do not want to do so with pen and ink. I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face." In this verse, John emphasizes his preference for oral tradition over written tradition in this instance.

The Catholic tradition is still the same tradition maintained by the Apostles, early Christians and down to this age.
Jesus preached verbally but his disciples wrote it down.
Whatever you the apostles teach was in line with the scriptures before them, they held the scriptures before them as authority so also Jesus.

Paul said the scriptures is inspired not traditions
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Meaning we use scripture as a yardstick for evaluating truth.
Yes there are unwritten traditions of the apostles but they are all in sync with scripture.

Catholic tradition is at odds with scriptures.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
solite3:
Jesus preached verbally but his disciples wrote it down.
Whatever you the apostles teach was in line with the scriptures before them, they held the scriptures before them as authority so also Jesus.

Paul said the scriptures is inspired not traditions
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Meaning we use scripture as a yardstick for evaluating truth.
Yes there are unwritten traditions of the apostles but they are all in sync with scripture.

Catholic tradition is at odds with scriptures.

I fully agree with you except for the highlighted. There is no Catholic tradition or teaching that is at odds with the scripture. The problem is protestants shallow understanding of the scripture. I assume you know your Protestantism doctrine of sola scriptura started in 1519; that's a distortion to a doctrine that has existed over 14 centuries prior.

There's no where the scripture disregards the unwritten teachings or traditions. It's unbiblical to disregard the oral teachings of the Apostles because most of their teachings were oral based.

NB: Paul as an example, did not write necessarily for preservation (to give us the bible), but out of need to reach out and teach distant Christian communities (Churches).

When you understand 2 Thessalonians 2:15, you can conclude that the Thessalonians (if they still exist today) will know and understand the scripture more than anyone whose knowledge is limited to the scripture (bible) only. So, the oral teaching is a valid as the written one. They do not contradict each other, rather, they complement each other. This is how the apostles passed down the message of Christ to the Church.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
"Yes" And Yes I reject the Catholic Church, which of cause I reject your doctrines you teach, it is not of Christ.
The Church quotes the scriptures, but the Church denies the scriptures, and if the Church believes the apostles, then the Church will follow the commandments of God 100%..
Instead the Church follows their own doctrines, 100% that doesn't line up with the Word of God.
So lets see if the Catholic's obey the Commandments of God. allow me to search the net for some answers?
So if you want to get right with God, you have to go to Jesus directly, not any Church, religious organization or human individual. Jesus said, come to me all you that labour and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).
We are not saved by belonging to a Church either Catholic or Protestant. There are only one kind of Christian, those that have made Jesus Lord of their life, and the simplest definition of a "true" Church is any group of people that is united by a shared love of Jesus Christ.
As a Protestant, I believe the Catholic belief system has complicated the simple Gospel message. I protest any religion that teaches that to receive spiritual salvation involves a lot of hard work. I believe we have eternal life when we put our faith in Jesus, as the Scripture says: "He that believes on the Son has everlasting life" (John 3:36)
The Bible warns against those that seek to complicate and corrupt God's simple plan of salvation (2 Corinthians 11:3) The simple truth is God's gift of life has been fully paid by Jesus on the cross. We can receive it in this life by turning from our wrong ways and accepting Jesus as our Lord, it is not something we can get by doing good works (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Catholics often repeatedly say the same prayer over and over again. But this is a practice that the Bible says is wrong. For even Jesus told His followers to not vainly repeat themselves in prayer, like some do thinking they will be heard because of their many words. Jesus went on to say, we are not to be like them, for our heavenly Father knows what we need, before we ask him (Matthew 6:7-cool
A common Catholic tradition involves the kissing and bowing down to images and statues of Mary, Jesus, dead people and angels. The Bible says that is wrong, and such objects should not even be made (Exodus 20:4-5)
Jesus told us to worship God in Spirit and truth (John 4:23-24)
There are many other Catholic practices and beliefs that can't be found in the Bible, such as saying prayers for the dead. Generally Church services involve intricate rituals and ceremonies that are not found in the Bible, but have been invented by people. God has said in the Bible He is more interested in what is in peoples heart than rituals and ceremonies.
The Church is not the Catholic Church, the Church is the body of people in Christ. And if the Catholic Church obeyed His commandments, then why do I find this unscriptured knowledge, Mary the physical mother of Jesus is of great importance to Catholics, and yet the Bible says very little about Mary. And if you truly believed the scriptures below then why does the Church practice, another, and not these scriptures below.
9inches:

1. “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, even so I send you.” (John 20:21)
2. “He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.” (Matthew 10:40)
3. “He who hears you hears Me, and he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.” (Luke 10:16)
4. "I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven." (Matthew 16:18)
5. “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Lets find out a little more, and lets prove if the Catholic Church is really God's Church? The Bible describes Mary as the physical mother of Jesus, and that she was made pregnant by God. {Matthew 1:16, Luke 1:26-42, Luke 2:5-19} Mary visited her cousin Elisabeth (Luke 1:39-56) Mary attended a feast at Jerusalem with her family. (Luke 2:48-51) Mary is present at a marriage feast. (John 2:1-10) Mary looked for Jesus when He was teaching inside a house (Matthew 12:46-47, Mark 3:31, Luke 8:19) Mary went to see Jesus at the cross (John 19:25-27). Mary was committed to the care of Jesus' disciple John. (John 19:27) Mary lived with the disciples in Jerusalem for a while (Acts 1:14)
So everything Catholics say about Mary that is not in the Bible has been made up by people, and are based on tradition rather than the truth revealed to us God's Word. Nowhere does the Bible say Mary was greater than any other Christian, she was just a human like all of us. The Bible does not say people should worship Mary or pray to Mary. The Bible does not say Mary prays for us.
A popular belief among Catholics is that Mary never did any sin, but the Bible says everyone has sinned, "No one is good, "No, not one, but God..
(Romans 5:12-13, 1 Kings 8:46, 1 John 1:8-10, Psalm 53:3) Mary even admitted she needed a Saviour for she called God her Saviour (Luke 1:46-47) Jesus is the only person who has not sinned, and Jesus was God. Some Catholics believe Mary never had any other children. But the Bible says Mary did have other children (Matthew 13:55-56)
Catholics often call Mary the mother of God, but God does not have a mother, for God and Jesus already existed before Mary existed (Isaiah 43:10) Mary was not God's mother, but simply a channel through which Jesus entered this physical world.
NEVER SURE OF BEING SAVED
Because of beliefs about purgatory, No Catholic person is sure they will go to Heaven when they die, they might go to purgatory. But the Bible says if we walk in the light, as Jesus is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of God's Son Jesus cleanses us of all our sin (1 John 1:7) So Jesus cleanses us of ALL our sin. And the true believers like Paul in Christ, are saved by faith..
PENANCE
Catholics generally believe sin causes spiritual penalties, and not all of these penalties are removed even if the guilt of a sin has been forgiven. They believe these remaining penalties can be removed or reduced by penance, which involves doing good works. What these good works are is decided by the priest after a confession. According to Catholic beliefs any remaining penalties will be paid by suffering in a place called purgatory after death. Christ had already paid the price..
INDULGENCES
Catholics also teach that the unpaid penalties can cause individuals to be punished in this life also, in various forms of sufferings, and what remains unpaid by suffering on earth will be paid in purgatory. Catholics also believe these penalties can be reduced with what Catholics call indulgences, which involve doing good works, saying certain prayers, going to confession, going to communion, or doing something else. Catholics also believe indulgences can be gained for people that have died and gone to the imaginary place called purgatory.
PURGATORY
Purgatory is a place Catholics believe they will go if they die with unpaid penalties, there they will pay for their penalties by suffering. This imaginary place keeps many Catholics in fear all their life, because they can never be sure of how long they will spend there. A fear of purgatory causes many Catholics to miss out on the joy and peace that comes from knowing Jesus has paid the full price for sin. Catholics often teach that time spent in purgatory can be reduced by gifts of money, the prayers of priests, and by doing other things. Through such teachings the Catholic Church has collected billions of dollars, making it one of the richest institutions in the world. Prosperity preaching..
CONFESSION
It is often believed among Catholics that a certain group of people called priests, have the power and authority to forgive sins. So sins must be confessed to priests. But such beliefs are the opposite of what is found in the Bible, which says Jesus has the power to forgive sins (Matthew 9:6). Also, no human priest is a mediator between God and man. The Bible also teaches we can ask God ourselves for forgiveness, and He promises to forgive us and cleanse us (1 John 1:9) Peter also said in the Bible, that through Jesus name, whoever believes in Him will receive forgiveness of their sins (Acts 10:43). The Bible does not teach that today there should be a special class of people called priests, for God sees all Christians as priests (1 Peter 2:9) Jesus can only forgive sins.
THE POPE IS THEIR ONLY SAUCE TO BE CLEAN OF SIN, FORGIVENESS-FROM THE POPE IS ALL THEY NEED TO BE SAVED. The Pope is a man Catholics have claimed is a mediator between God and mankind. But as it has been said Jesus is the only mediator between God and mankind (1 Timothy 2:5) Catholics also claim the Pope is the head of the Church on earth, but the Bible says Jesus is the head of the Church (Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 1:22, Colossians 2:9-10) We should not give to any man the honour that belongs to Jesus alone.
These are just the few the Catholic Church had added and removed to Paul's teachings, this isn't the Word of God.
PAUL NEVER TAUGHT OUTSIDE THE WORD OF GOD And yet the Catholic Church denies the truth and practices their own tradition rather then obeying the commandments of God. "Really"
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
brocab:
"Yes" And Yes I reject the Catholic Church, which of cause I reject your doctrines you teach, it is not of Christ.
The Church quotes the scriptures, but the Church denies the scriptures, and if the Church believes the apostles, then the Church will follow the commandments of God 100%..
Instead the Church follows their own doctrines, 100% that doesn't line up with the Word of God.
So lets see if the Catholic's obey the Commandments of God. allow me to search the net for some answers?
So if you want to get right with God, you have to go to Jesus directly, not any Church, religious organization or human individual. Jesus said, come to me all you that labour and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).
We are not saved by belonging to a Church either Catholic or Protestant. There are only one kind of Christian, those that have made Jesus Lord of their life, and the simplest definition of a "true" Church is any group of people that is united by a shared love of Jesus Christ.
As a Protestant, I believe the Catholic belief system has complicated the simple Gospel message. I protest any religion that teaches that to receive spiritual salvation involves a lot of hard work. I believe we have eternal life when we put our faith in Jesus, as the Scripture says: "He that believes on the Son has everlasting life" (John 3:36)
The Bible warns against those that seek to complicate and corrupt God's simple plan of salvation (2 Corinthians 11:3) The simple truth is God's gift of life has been fully paid by Jesus on the cross. We can receive it in this life by turning from our wrong ways and accepting Jesus as our Lord, it is not something we can get by doing good works (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Catholics often repeatedly say the same prayer over and over again. But this is a practice that the Bible says is wrong. For even Jesus told His followers to not vainly repeat themselves in prayer, like some do thinking they will be heard because of their many words. Jesus went on to say, we are not to be like them, for our heavenly Father knows what we need, before we ask him (Matthew 6:7-cool
A common Catholic tradition involves the kissing and bowing down to images and statues of Mary, Jesus, dead people and angels. The Bible says that is wrong, and such objects should not even be made (Exodus 20:4-5)
Jesus told us to worship God in Spirit and truth (John 4:23-24)
There are many other Catholic practices and beliefs that can't be found in the Bible, such as saying prayers for the dead. Generally Church services involve intricate rituals and ceremonies that are not found in the Bible, but have been invented by people. God has said in the Bible He is more interested in what is in peoples heart than rituals and ceremonies.
The Church is not the Catholic Church, the Church is the body of people in Christ. And if the Catholic Church obeyed His commandments, then why do I find this unscriptured knowledge, Mary the physical mother of Jesus is of great importance to Catholics, and yet the Bible says very little about Mary. And if you truly believed the scriptures below then why does the Church practice, another, and not these scriptures below.

Lets find out a little more, and lets prove if the Catholic Church is really God's Church? The Bible describes Mary as the physical mother of Jesus, and that she was made pregnant by God. {Matthew 1:16, Luke 1:26-42, Luke 2:5-19} Mary visited her cousin Elisabeth (Luke 1:39-56) Mary attended a feast at Jerusalem with her family. (Luke 2:48-51) Mary is present at a marriage feast. (John 2:1-10) Mary looked for Jesus when He was teaching inside a house (Matthew 12:46-47, Mark 3:31, Luke 8:19) Mary went to see Jesus at the cross (John 19:25-27). Mary was committed to the care of Jesus' disciple John. (John 19:27) Mary lived with the disciples in Jerusalem for a while (Acts 1:14)
So everything Catholics say about Mary that is not in the Bible has been made up by people, and are based on tradition rather than the truth revealed to us God's Word. Nowhere does the Bible say Mary was greater than any other Christian, she was just a human like all of us. The Bible does not say people should worship Mary or pray to Mary. The Bible does not say Mary prays for us.
A popular belief among Catholics is that Mary never did any sin, but the Bible says everyone has sinned, "No one is good, "No, not one, but God..
(Romans 5:12-13, 1 Kings 8:46, 1 John 1:8-10, Psalm 53:3) Mary even admitted she needed a Saviour for she called God her Saviour (Luke 1:46-47) Jesus is the only person who has not sinned, and Jesus was God. Some Catholics believe Mary never had any other children. But the Bible says Mary did have other children (Matthew 13:55-56)
Catholics often call Mary the mother of God, but God does not have a mother, for God and Jesus already existed before Mary existed (Isaiah 43:10) Mary was not God's mother, but simply a channel through which Jesus entered this physical world.
Because of beliefs about purgatory, No Catholic person is sure they will go to Heaven when they die, they might go to purgatory. But the Bible says if we walk in the light, as Jesus is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of God's Son Jesus cleanses us of all our sin (1 John 1:7) So Jesus cleanses us of ALL our sin. And the true believers like Paul in Christ, are saved by faith..
PENANCE
Catholics generally believe sin causes spiritual penalties, and not all of these penalties are removed even if the guilt of a sin has been forgiven. They believe these remaining penalties can be removed or reduced by penance, which involves doing good works. What these good works are is decided by the priest after a confession. According to Catholic beliefs any remaining penalties will be paid by suffering in a place called purgatory after death. Christ had already paid the price..
INDULGENCES
Catholics also teach that the unpaid penalties can cause individuals to be punished in this life also, in various forms of sufferings, and what remains unpaid by suffering on earth will be paid in purgatory. Catholics also believe these penalties can be reduced with what Catholics call indulgences, which involve doing good works, saying certain prayers, going to confession, going to communion, or doing something else. Catholics also believe indulgences can be gained for people that have died and gone to the imaginary place called purgatory.
PURGATORY
Purgatory is a place Catholics believe they will go if they die with unpaid penalties, there they will pay for their penalties by suffering. This imaginary place keeps many Catholics in fear all their life, because they can never be sure of how long they will spend there. A fear of purgatory causes many Catholics to miss out on the joy and peace that comes from knowing Jesus has paid the full price for sin. Catholics often teach that time spent in purgatory can be reduced by gifts of money, the prayers of priests, and by doing other things. Through such teachings the Catholic Church has collected billions of dollars, making it one of the richest institutions in the world. Prosperity preaching..
CONFESSION
It is often believed among Catholics that a certain group of people called priests, have the power and authority to forgive sins. So sins must be confessed to priests. But such beliefs are the opposite of what is found in the Bible, which says Jesus has the power to forgive sins (Matthew 9:6). Also, no human priest is a mediator between God and man. The Bible also teaches we can ask God ourselves for forgiveness, and He promises to forgive us and cleanse us (1 John 1:9) Peter also said in the Bible, that through Jesus name, whoever believes in Him will receive forgiveness of their sins (Acts 10:43). The Bible does not teach that today there should be a special class of people called priests, for God sees all Christians as priests (1 Peter 2:9) Jesus can only forgive sins.
THE POPE IS THEIR ONLY SAUCE TO BE CLEAN OF SIN, FORGIVENESS-FROM THE POPE IS ALL THEY NEED TO BE SAVED. The Pope is a man Catholics have claimed is a mediator between God and mankind. But as it has been said Jesus is the only mediator between God and mankind (1 Timothy 2:5) Catholics also claim the Pope is the head of the Church on earth, but the Bible says Jesus is the head of the Church (Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 1:22, Colossians 2:9-10) We should not give to any man the honour that belongs to Jesus alone.
These are just the few the Catholic Church had added and removed to Paul's teachings, this isn't the Word of God.
PAUL NEVER TAUGHT OUTSIDE THE WORD OF GOD And yet the Catholic Church denies the truth and practices their own tradition rather then obeying the commandments of God. "Really"

Which part of my post below are you addressing? Highlight the sentence and tell me what issue you have with it. No need for very long posts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luther and his teachings are not of God. Only the Church of the Apostles, the one Christ established Himself can confirmif you are teaching in accordance with Christ's teachings or not. If you reject the Catholic Church, you reject the Apostles and Christ Himself:

ALL THE ABOVE AUTHORITIES THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL RETAINS TO INTERPRET AND TEACH THE WORD OF GOD WITH GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. The Holy Spirit was a promise Christ made to His Church, and he explicitly says "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
Do you believe God's Word is both in written and unwritten form - "YES" But I also believe Paul didn't add these traditions, either by speech, nor letter, nor word-below that the Catholic Church claims to be true.
These traditions are from men without the Spirit of God.
Catholics often call Mary the mother of God, PAUL PREACHED THIS> but God does not have a mother, for God and Jesus already existed before Mary existed (Isaiah 43:10) Mary was not God's mother, but simply a channel through which Jesus entered this physical world.
Because of beliefs about purgatory, No Catholic person is sure they will go to Heaven when they die, they might go to purgatory.
PAUL PREACHED THIS> But the Bible says if we walk in the light, as Jesus is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of God's Son Jesus cleanses us of all our sin (1 John 1:7) So Jesus cleanses us of ALL our sin. And the true believers like Paul in Christ, are saved by faith..
PENANCE
PAUL DIDN'T PREACH THIS> Catholics generally believe sin causes spiritual penalties, and not all of these penalties are removed even if the guilt of a sin has been forgiven. They believe these remaining penalties can be removed or reduced by penance, which involves doing good works. What these good works are is decided by the priest after a confession. According to Catholic beliefs any remaining penalties will be paid by suffering in a place called purgatory after death. PAUL PREACHED Christ had already paid the price..
PAUL DIDN'T PREACH THIS>INDULGENCES
PAUL DID NOT PREACH THIS>PURGATORY
PAUL DID NOT PREACH THIS>CONFESSION
It is often believed among Catholics that a certain group of people called priests, have the power and authority to forgive sins. So sins must be confessed to priests. But such beliefs are the opposite of what is found in the Bible, PAUL PREACHED THIS> He says Jesus has the power to forgive sins (Matthew 9:6).
PAUL PREACHED THIS> no human priest is a mediator between God and man. The Bible also teaches we can ask God ourselves for forgiveness, and He promises to forgive us and cleanse us (1 John 1:9) POPE Peter also said in the Bible, that through Jesus name, whoever believes in Him will receive forgiveness of their sins (Acts 10:43). The Bible does not teach that today there should be a special class of people called priests, for God sees all Christians as priests (1 Peter 2:9) PAUL PREACHED THIS>Jesus can only forgive sins.
PAUL DID NOT PREACH THIS>The Pope is a man Catholics have claimed is a mediator between God and mankind. BUT WHAT PAUL PREACHED IS>Jesus is the only mediator between God and mankind (1 Timothy 2:5)
Catholics also claim the Pope is the head of the Church on earth, BUT PAUL SAID>Jesus is the head of the Church (Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 1:22, Colossians 2:9-10) PAUL BELIEVED>We should not give to any man the honour that belongs to Jesus alone.
PAUL NEVER TAUGHT OUTSIDE THE WORD OF GOD And yet the Catholic Church CLAIMS THESE ARE THE TRADITIONS PAUL SPOKE ABOUT? AT HE HAD!
9inches:

Which part of my post below are you addressing? Highlight the sentence and tell me what issue you have with it. No need for very long posts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 6:09am On Jan 23, 2018
brocab:
Do you believe God's Word is both in written and unwritten form - "YES" But I also believe Paul didn't add these traditions, either by speech, nor letter, nor word-below that the Catholic Church claims to be true.
These traditions are from men without the Spirit of God.
Catholics often call Mary the mother of God, PAUL PREACHED THIS> but God does not have a mother, for God and Jesus already existed before Mary existed (Isaiah 43:10) Mary was not God's mother, but simply a channel through which Jesus entered this physical world.
Because of beliefs about purgatory, No Catholic person is sure they will go to Heaven when they die, they might go to purgatory.
PAUL PREACHED THIS> But the Bible says if we walk in the light, as Jesus is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of God's Son Jesus cleanses us of all our sin (1 John 1:7) So Jesus cleanses us of ALL our sin. And the true believers like Paul in Christ, are saved by faith..
PENANCE
PAUL DIDN'T PREACH THIS> Catholics generally believe sin causes spiritual penalties, and not all of these penalties are removed even if the guilt of a sin has been forgiven. They believe these remaining penalties can be removed or reduced by penance, which involves doing good works. What these good works are is decided by the priest after a confession. According to Catholic beliefs any remaining penalties will be paid by suffering in a place called purgatory after death. PAUL PREACHED Christ had already paid the price..
PAUL DIDN'T PREACH THIS>INDULGENCES
PAUL DID NOT PREACH THIS>PURGATORY
PAUL DID NOT PREACH THIS>CONFESSION
It is often believed among Catholics that a certain group of people called priests, have the power and authority to forgive sins. So sins must be confessed to priests. But such beliefs are the opposite of what is found in the Bible, PAUL PREACHED THIS> He says Jesus has the power to forgive sins (Matthew 9:6).
PAUL PREACHED THIS> no human priest is a mediator between God and man. The Bible also teaches we can ask God ourselves for forgiveness, and He promises to forgive us and cleanse us (1 John 1:9) POPE Peter also said in the Bible, that through Jesus name, whoever believes in Him will receive forgiveness of their sins (Acts 10:43). The Bible does not teach that today there should be a special class of people called priests, for God sees all Christians as priests (1 Peter 2:9) PAUL PREACHED THIS>Jesus can only forgive sins.
PAUL DID NOT PREACH THIS>The Pope is a man Catholics have claimed is a mediator between God and mankind. BUT WHAT PAUL PREACHED IS>Jesus is the only mediator between God and mankind (1 Timothy 2:5)
Catholics also claim the Pope is the head of the Church on earth, BUT PAUL SAID>Jesus is the head of the Church (Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 1:22, Colossians 2:9-10) PAUL BELIEVED>We should not give to any man the honour that belongs to Jesus alone.
PAUL NEVER TAUGHT OUTSIDE THE WORD OF GOD And yet the Catholic Church CLAIMS THESE ARE THE TRADITIONS PAUL SPOKE ABOUT? AT HE HAD!

Good answer! Since you accepted protestants like you lack the knowledge of the unwritten Word of God, how then do you know what it says or does not say? You can only discuss what the Catholic Church believes or practices Only when you know both the Written and Unwritten Word and traditions say. So, you cannot decisively make your judgement off of the Written Word only because you lack a more holistic knowledge of the Word of God and the traditions practiced by the Apostles.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Heskay001(m): 11:54am On Jan 23, 2018
I will just try to correct ur misconception that Catholics don't believe in Holy Spirit. That's a lie from those who have never been there but always want to criticize. if you can lay ur hand on any Catholic prayer book, just read the creed(profession of faith) that's where you will get Wat the Catholic Church believe in and profess.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
It may be interesting if you can explain-which of the unscriptured traditions you believe is valued, to you? And I can only guess I lack the knowledge of the Catholic Church "Why" because I am a Christian in Christ, and my God I know, is not your God..
Your God is the Catholic Church, My God is Christ..

I just want to share with you this sort video just to boost up our conversation a little more, since you refuse to believe in the written Word of God, and you would rather obey the traditions of men, spoken to you, from other men.
My new question to you, is, 9 inches Do you believe you are saved, I ask, how do you know you are saved, If your answer is because you believe? Then can I ask you, how do you know you believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giTs6ztncvw
9inches:

Good answer! Since you accepted protestants like you lack the knowledge of the unwritten Word of God, how then do you know what it says or does not say? You can only discuss what the Catholic Church believes or practices Only when you know both the Written and Unwritten Word and traditions say. So, you cannot decisively make your judgement off of the Written Word only because you lack a more holistic knowledge of the Word of God and the traditions practiced by the Apostles.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for your concerns, and of course this is telling me, you are Catholic? I hope you won't mind me asking you a question-do you believe in Christ? If your answer is "Yes" then would you be kind to answer this simple Question, how do you know you, "Believe?
Heskay001:
I will just try to correct ur misconception that Catholics don't believe in Holy Spirit. That's a lie from those who have never been there but always want to criticize. if you can lay ur hand on any Catholic prayer book, just read the creed(profession of faith) that's where you will get Wat the Catholic Church believe in and profess.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:21am On Jan 24, 2018
brocab:
It may be interesting if you can explain-which of the unscriptured traditions you believe is valued, to you? And I can only guess I lack the knowledge of the Catholic Church "Why" because I am a Christian in Christ, and my God I know, is not your God..
Your God is the Catholic Church, My God is Christ..
I just want to share with you this sort video just to boost up our conversation a little more, since you refuse to believe in the written Word of God, and you would rather obey the traditions of men, spoken to you, from other men.
My new question to you, is, 9 inches Do you believe you are saved, I ask, how do you know you are saved, If your answer is because you believe? Then can I ask you, how do you know you believe?

When you say tradition of men, do you mean the one taught by Paul and other Apostles (2 Thessalonians 2:15, 2 Timothy 2:2) or the one Martin Luther taught you? Remember, Martin Luther developed his doctrine in the 16th century; his we both can agree is man-made. You can't say the traditions practiced and taught by the Apostles of Jesus Christ are man-made. Everything they taught Verbally and Written are both valid in knowing Christ. If you disregard one, you will fall into Martin Luther's hole.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Do you really understand about Martin Luther's story? Or are you just guessing him in the flesh, bro you haven't any idea how God works, and how God calls us to Him.
9inches:

Martin Luther developed his doctrine in the 16th century; his we both can agree is man-made. You can't say the traditions practiced and taught by the Apostles of Jesus Christ are man-made. Everything they taught Verbally and Written are both valid in knowing Christ. If you disregard one, you will fall into Martin Luther's hole.
Martin Luther didn't develop his own doctrine, Martin Luther, O.S.A. was a German professor of theology, composer, priest, and monk, and a seminal figure in the Protestant Reformation. Luther came to reject several teachings and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.
He strongly found fault in the Church's teachings, Martin Luther studied the bible, and like us all, who study the bible, ask questions, and quote scriptures to the disbelievers who refuses to teach the truth. Don't you understand this isn't about the Catholic Church, Martin's argument was about the Word of God; Martin questioned the Catholic Church, only because the Church were practicing paganism against Christ-when we read the scriptures Paul taught the truth about Christ, verbally he taught, and his understandings was all Christ; Martin Luther had the rights to question the word, and questioned the Spirit behind that word..
He caused treason against the Catholic Church, not against God.
Martin was a monk, and he was involved in the Catholic Church and later he came to know God, isn't this something you should be focusing on, a man who found Christ, but instead you rubbish the man because he had disagreements with the Pope of Rome.
Are you refusing to answer my question, If someone asked me this question below, I would be happy to explain yes I am saved, and how I know I am saved.
Do you realise self righteousness gets in the way of the truth, I suppose you feel this question does not apply to you? My new question to you, is, 9 inches Do you believe you are saved?
Martin Luther taught out from the Word of God-Martin found Jesus is the way and the truth, Martin found the only way into the kingdom of God is through Christ.
9inches:

When you say tradition of men, do you mean the one taught by Paul and other Apostles (2 Thessalonians 2:15, 2 Timothy 2:2) or the one Martin Luther taught you? Remember, Martin Luther developed his doctrine in the 16th century; his we both can agree is man-made. You can't say the traditions practiced and taught by the Apostles of Jesus Christ are man-made. Everything they taught Verbally and Written are both valid in knowing Christ. If you disregard one, you will fall into Martin Luther's hole.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2018
And if you really know Christ, you would love the believers in Christ?
And how do we know, who the believers are? By their fruit we will know them, believers who are in Christ, have a passion to get to know Christ. By studying the Word of God, the believers understand Christ, they have fellowship with Christ, and in Him, we shall only serve.
You in the other hand don't know Christ. Nor do you love Christ-anybody that hates his brother, hates God.
Only the flesh can claim this twisted lie-the Catholic Church claims to the world-Jesus said to Peter you are the rock, and on this rock I will build My Church-they teach Peter was the author of the Church, but this is not what the scripture say's?
{Matthew 16:16-20} Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, {Which is the Word of God} and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.
{This means the Word is the rock, and the rock is the foundation of the Word of God}
And then in {Verse 21-23} after Jesus had told His disciples He will build His foundation upon the Word of God,
Jesus rebukes Peter, {This just proves Peter is not the foundation of the Catholic Church} From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!” But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”
So we see, the Church is not built upon the man Peter himself.
And God said: {Hebrews 10:16} The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First He says: “This is the covenant I will make with them after those days, says the Lord. I will put My Laws in their hearts and inscribe them on their minds.” Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”…
{Meaning God teaches the believers through His Spirit, and Martin Luther found God through the Spirit}
{Jeremiah 31:32-34} Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD.
"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, [color=#990000]"I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [/color]
"They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."…
So Martin Luther found God, and the Word of God was written on Martins heart, as God had said..But you still prefer to obey the tradition of our fathers in the day God took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt.
And the Catholic Church hardens the minds of their believers, that they will never forgive Martin Luther, nor will they forgive me in this matter-I also reject the Catholic Church, and I reject your doctrines that does not line up with the Word of God..
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
brocab:
Do you really understand about Martin Luther's story? Or are you just guessing him in the flesh, bro you haven't any idea how God works, and how God calls us to Him.

Martin Luther didn't develop his own doctrine, Martin Luther, O.S.A. was a German professor of theology, composer, priest, and monk, and a seminal figure in the Protestant Reformation. Luther came to reject several teachings and practices of the Roman Catholic Church.
He strongly found fault in the Church's teachings, Martin Luther studied the bible, and like us all, who study the bible, ask questions, and quote scriptures to the disbelievers who refuses to teach the truth. Don't you understand this isn't about the Catholic Church, Martin's argument was about the Word of God; Martin questioned the Catholic Church, only because the Church were practicing paganism against Christ-when we read the scriptures Paul taught the truth about Christ, verbally he taught, and his understandings was all Christ; Martin Luther had the rights to question the word, and questioned the Spirit behind that word..
He caused treason against the Catholic Church, not against God.
Martin was a monk, and he was involved in the Catholic Church and later he came to know God, isn't this something you should be focusing on, a man who found Christ, but instead you rubbish the man because he had disagreements with the Pope of Rome.
Are you refusing to answer my question, If someone asked me this question below, I would be happy to explain yes I am saved, and how I know I am saved.
Do you realise self righteousness gets in the way of the truth, I suppose you feel this question does not apply to you? My new question to you, is, 9 inches Do you believe you are saved?
Martin Luther taught out from the Word of God-Martin found Jesus is the way and the truth, Martin found the only way into the kingdom of God is through Christ.

I fully know about Martin Luther and his doctrine of sola scriptura. He is the one who formulated sola scriptura which is unbiblical. So you can't attribute such confused act to God. Christ instituted only one church and prayed for it to be One. He also promised it the Holy Spirit and that He will be with it till the end of age. That was a guarantee! That nothing, not even the gates of hell shall prevail against it. So when your leader Martin Luther separated from The Only Church which is THE BODY OF CHRIST, he was on his own and not of God. He preaches different thing than what the apostles preached.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
If you were really the body of Christ? wouldn't we know, you would obey His every command?
Instead you have rewritten your own commandments against Christ, thru shalt bow down to Golden images.
Thru shalt pray to dead saints. "Really? haven't you at least some kind of a forgiven heart, towards Martin Luther-and you claim you are the Church of Christ? And your Church building is not the body of Christ, because your Church does not obey the commandments of God. You don't know God, and because of this you will die in your sins..Purgatory is a place we call hell, and like every other Catholic who claims their Church, before they claim Christ, will burn for eternity.
You my friend are heading straight into Hell. Cry out to God and repent, ask him to forgive you, before it's to late..
9inches:

I fully know about Martin Luther and his doctrine of sola scriptura. He is the one who formulated sola scriptura which is unbiblical. So you can't attribute such confused act to God. Christ instituted only one church and prayed for it to be One. He also promised it the Holy Spirit and that He will be with it till the end of age. That was a guarantee! That nothing, not even the gates of hell shall prevail against it. So when your leader Martin Luther separated from The Only Church which is THE BODY OF CHRIST, he was on his own and not of God. He preaches different thing than what the apostles preached.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
And the truth is, you don't protect Christ in your heart, you protect your Church in your heart, you idolise your Church..
And God is a jealous God, and if you knew God, you would worship Him, and Him only, you shall serve.
But instead you serve your Church...
And to be truthful you don't need to answer my question, because I already know, you are not saved in Christ, you are saved by the Church..
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by AlanTuringAI: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
9inches:

What you're saying is that Catholic doctrines like bowing to statues of Mary, praying through Mary, praying through rosaries, purgatory and all those that aren't scriptural were verbally passed down from the Apostles. Please what's the evidence for this?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
9inches:

I fully agree with you except for the highlighted. There is no Catholic tradition or teaching that is at odds with the scripture. The problem is protestants shallow understanding of the scripture. I assume you know your Protestantism doctrine of sola scriptura started in 1519; that's a distortion to a doctrine that has existed over 14 centuries prior.

There's no where the scripture disregards the unwritten teachings or traditions. It's unbiblical to disregard the oral teachings of the Apostles because most of their teachings were oral based.

NB: Paul as an example, did not write necessarily for preservation (to give us the bible), but out of need to reach out and teach distant Christian communities (Churches).

When you understand 2 Thessalonians 2:15, you can conclude that the Thessalonians (if they still exist today) will know and understand the scripture more than anyone whose knowledge is limited to the scripture (bible) only. So, the oral teaching is a valid as the written one. They do not contradict each other, rather, they complement each other. This is how the apostles passed down the message of Christ to the Church.
. Go through the scripture compare it with catholic teachings and you will see that catholic tradition is not Christian.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
Question: "Are Catholic beliefs and practices biblical?"

Answer: The issue concerning any church and its practices should be “Is this biblical?” If a teaching is Biblical (taken in context), it should be embraced. If it is not, it should be rejected. God is more interested in whether a church is doing His will and obeying His Word than whether it can trace a line of succession back to Jesus’ apostles. Jesus was very concerned about abandoning the Word of God to follow the traditions of men (Mark 7:7). Traditions are not inherently invalid…there are some good and valuable traditions. Again, the issue must be whether a doctrine, practice, or tradition is Biblical. How then does the Roman Catholic Church compare with the teachings of the Word of God?

Salvation: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that salvation is by baptismal regeneration and is maintained through the Catholic sacraments unless a willful act of sin is committed that breaks the state of sanctifying grace. The Bible teaches that we are saved by grace which is received through simple faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), and that good works are the result of a change of the heart wrought in salvation (Ephesians 2:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17) and the fruit of that new life in Christ (John 15).

Assurance of salvation: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that salvation cannot be guaranteed or assured. 1 John 5:13 states that the letter of 1 John was written for the purpose of assuring believers of the CERTAINTY of their salvation.

Good Works: The Roman Catholic Church states that Christians are saved by meritorious works (beginning with baptism) and that salvation is maintained by good works (receiving the sacraments, confession of sin to a priest, etc.) The Bible states that Christians are saved by grace through faith, totally apart from works (Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 3:10-11; Romans 3:19-24).

Baptism: In the New Testament baptism is ALWAYS practiced AFTER saving faith in Christ. Baptism is not the means of salvation; it is faith in the Gospel that saves (1 Corinthians 1:14-18; Romans 10:13-17). The Roman Catholic Church teaches baptismal regeneration of infants, a practice never found in Scripture. The only possible hint of infant baptism in the Bible that the Roman Catholic Church can point to is that the whole household of the Philippian jailer was baptized in Acts 16:33. However, the context nowhere mentions infants. Acts 16:31 declares that salvation is by faith. Paul spoke to all of the household in verse 32, and the whole household believed (verse 34). This passage only supports the baptism of those who have already believed, not of infants.

Prayer: The Roman Catholic Church teaches Catholics to not only pray to God, but also to petition Mary and the saints for their prayers. Contrary to this, we are taught in Scripture to only pray to God (Matthew 6:9; Luke 18:1-7).

Priesthood: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that there is a distinction between the clergy and the “lay people,” whereas the New Testament teaches the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:9).

Sacraments: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that a believer is infused with grace upon reception of the sacraments. Such teaching is nowhere found in Scripture.

Confession: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that unless a believer is hindered, the only way to receive the forgiveness of sins is by confessing them to a priest. Contrary to this, Scripture teaches that confession of sins is to be made to God (1 John 1:9).

Mary: The Roman Catholic Church teaches, among other things, that Mary is the Queen of Heaven, a perpetual virgin, and the co-redemptress who ascended into heaven. In Scripture, she is portrayed as an obedient, believing servant of God, who became the mother of Jesus. None of the other attributes mentioned by the Roman Catholic Church have any basis in the Bible. The idea of Mary being the co-redemptress and another mediator between God and man is not only extra-biblical (found only outside of Scripture), but is also unbiblical (contrary to Scripture). Acts 4:12 declares that Jesus is the only redeemer. 1 Timothy 2:5 proclaims that Jesus is the only mediator between God and men.

Many other examples could be given. These issues alone clearly identify the Catholic Church as being unbiblical. Every Christian denomination has traditions and practices that are not explicitly based on Scripture. That is why Scripture must be the standard of Christian faith and practice. The Word of God is always true and reliable. The same cannot be said of church tradition. Our guideline is to be: “What does Scripture say?” (Romans 4:3; Galatians 4:30; Acts 17:11). 2 Timothy 3:16-17 declares, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:45am On Jan 25, 2018
brocab:
If you were really the body of Christ? wouldn't we know, you would obey His every command?
Instead you have rewritten your own commandments against Christ, thru shalt bow down to Golden images.
Thru shalt pray to dead saints. "Really? haven't you at least some kind of a forgiven heart, towards Martin Luther-and you claim you are the Church of Christ? And your Church building is not the body of Christ, because your Church does not obey the commandments of God. You don't know God, and because of this you will die in your sins..Purgatory is a place we call hell, and like every other Catholic who claims their Church, before they claim Christ, will burn for eternity.
You my friend are heading straight into Hell. Cry out to God and repent, ask him to forgive you, before it's to late..

The Catholic Church obeys every word and tradition preached by the apostles. Christ being the head of the Church means it can never go wrong in its teachings, else Jesus Himself would be lying. But since He does not lie or make false promises, it means He will never leave the Church. EVERYTHING the Church teaches is ordained by God. No other church or pastor can claim such authority because there is only one Church according to the scripture, and Christ is its Head.

Stop begging me to forgive Martin Luther, he did not offend me at all; I'm not God, I'm not even sure I'm holier than him. But the issue here is about churches and their beliefs.

Are you comfortable following the word of God according to Martin Luther or Apostle Paul?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 5:03am On Jan 25, 2018
AlanTuringAI:

What you're saying is that Catholic doctrines like bowing to statues of Mary, praying through Mary, praying through rosaries, purgatory and all those that aren't scriptural were verbally passed down from the Apostles. Please what's the evidence for this?

@bolded: False, and false.

The Catholic Church uses the bible but also have extra/higher knowledge of the bible simply because Jesus' Apostles who passed down their teachings did so in two forms: oral and letter. The Church having adopted these two forms, has a better understanding of what the writers of authors of the scripture actually meant. That said, every doctrine including the ones you mentioned above are all backed up by the scripture in part.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 5:17am On Jan 25, 2018
solite3:
. Go through the scripture compare it with catholic teachings and you will see that catholic tradition is not Christian.

Done that. I am yet to find anyone show me evidence of the contradiction you talk about and be able to substantiate it. Maybe you can help me discover that.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 5:55am On Jan 25, 2018
You are mistaken, it is not God complaining about Martin Luther-it is you, who carries your hatred towards the man. Cry out unto the Lord and repent. Think about this Martin knew God-you don't know God, and you aren't sure who's holier?
9inches:

Stop begging me to forgive Martin Luther, he did not offend me at all; I'm not God, I'm not even sure I'm holier than him. But the issue here is about churches and their beliefs.
Again you are mistaken, the Catholic Church does not obey all the commandments of God, Christ is head of the Church, but not the Catholic Church, nor the unsaved people that enters her.
9inches:

The Catholic Church obeys every word and tradition preached by the apostles. Christ being the head of the Church means it can never go wrong in its teachings, else Jesus Himself would be lying. But since He does not lie or make false promises, it means He will never leave the Church. EVERYTHING the Church teaches is ordained by God. No other church or pastor can claim such authority because there is only one Church according to the scripture, and Christ is its Head.
One must be born again, before he can enter the kingdom of God. And according to scripture, the Catholic Church is this, {Matthew 23:5-14} But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
9inches:

Are you comfortable following the word of God according to Martin Luther or Apostle Paul?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by AlanTuringAI: 6:11am On Jan 25, 2018
9inches:

@bolded: False, and false.

The Catholic Church uses the bible but also have extra/higher knowledge of the bible simply because Jesus' Apostles who passed down their teachings did so in two forms: oral and letter. The Church having adopted these two forms, has a better understanding of what the writers of authors of the scripture actually meant. That said, every doctrine including the ones you mentioned above are all backed up by the scripture in part.
Good. I'm asking this because I'm trying to learn more about the Catholic faith as I see myself marrying a Catholic person soon and even attended some of the masses recently, but been trying to get much information to convince me these Catholic beliefs that I'm alien to are actually what Christ approves of. Would you be kind enough to furnish me with scriptural passages to back up these doctrines I highlighted earlier and also sources of like books/websites for those oral traditions.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 6:13am On Jan 25, 2018
I will help you, forget about your traditions, pick up your bible and read it, and while you are reading the bible, ask the Lord to show you the truth.
Jesus said: {John 6:37} All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
And Jesus said: {Matthew 7:7} "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
This is your chance to decide, which side of the fence you would like to stay on-Heaven or Hell?
9inches:

Done that. I am yet to find anyone show me evidence of the contradiction you talk about and be able to substantiate it. Maybe you can help me discover that.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 6:24am On Jan 25, 2018
I also married a Catholic, and I am a born again Christian-to be truthful you won't find the answers within the Catholic Church, only because there's nothing there to be found, Jesus said: the Gates of Hell will not prevail against the Word of God..
If you are truly a child of Christ, and you have a desire in your heart to know Christ, you wouldn't turn your back on Christ for any price.
Don't be deceived, God is not mocked. If you know Christ-He had trained you to lead people to Him-meaning lead your new partner to be, in Christ, not the other way around, pray about this..
And if you aren't to keen to reach out to the Lord, then just read this forum-and you will find the truth about the Catholic Church. and if you are a Child of God, then listen to your brothers and sisters, who are in Christ. The Catholic Church don't know Christ. Test yourself-Do you?
AlanTuringAI:

Good. I'm asking this because I'm trying to learn more about the Catholic faith as I see myself marrying a Catholic person soon and even attended some of the masses recently, but been trying to get much information to convince me these Catholic beliefs that I'm alien to are actually what Christ approves of. Would you be kind enough to furnish me with scriptural passages to back up these doctrines I highlighted earlier and also sources of like books/websites for those oral traditions.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2018
9 inches-the differences we have in Christ is, your God, is the Church, my God is Christ-"Why" because I walk with Christ, while you walk with the Catholic Church.
Jesus warned us about idolising, and it's simple to do, everything that takes our thoughts away from Christ is idolising. Its like this, I like Harley's, and if I were to love a Harley so much, then I am idolising the Harley. Then that Harley becomes my God.
Jesus warned us about People who idolise money, the Lord said: we can't worship God and mammon at the same time, you will either hate the one and love the other, I find this sort of behaviour-people loving money, is in the Church, the rich have money always, but the poor, desires to have money, they focus on money, and money becomes their God.
In your case, you have the Church, and you love the Catholic Church, you idolise the Catholic Church-more than you love Christ..
As Christians we need to focus on ourselves, we need to test ourselves in our faith in Christ, and if we examin ourselves, we than need to choose, whom do we want most..Our Church, the money or the Harley Davidson, or God?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2018
brocab:
You are mistaken, it is not God complaining about Martin Luther-it is you, who carries your hatred towards the man. Cry out unto the Lord and repent. Think about this Martin knew God-you don't know God, and you aren't sure who's holier?
I'm not complaining, I am pointing out the obvious. Martin Luther formulated his doctrine of protestantism (which is unbiblical) in 1517.

brocab:
Again you are mistaken, the Catholic Church does not obey all the commandments of God, Christ is head of the Church, but not the Catholic Church, nor the unsaved people that enters her.
Christ is the head of which Church? Which Church is that in today's world; is it the one formulated in 1517 or the one Peter and the apostles communed in?

brocab:
One must be born again, before he can enter the kingdom of God. And according to scripture, the Catholic Church is this, {Matthew 23:5-14} But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.
I see no semblance with the Church of St. Peter, the Catholic Church.

brocab:
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
So, what's your point here? What do you call the man that gave birth to you?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2018
AlanTuringAI:

Wikipedia is a good way to ease yourself in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

Also,
1. https://chnetwork.org/
2. https://www.catholic.com/
3. https://www.youtube.com/user/catholiccom/videos
4. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdGX3N-WIJ5nUvklBTNhAw/videos
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2018
brocab:
I will help you, forget about your traditions, pick up your bible and read it, and while you are reading the bible, ask the Lord to show you the truth.
Jesus said: {John 6:37} All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
And Jesus said: {Matthew 7:7} "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
This is your chance to decide, which side of the fence you would like to stay on-Heaven or Hell?

Is that the answer to my request below?

9inches:

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 251
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.