Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (87797 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
brocab:
Thanks bro-Yes I agree, but it wouldn't be the Catholic Church, you did say His Church, and His Church is the body of believers, that seek after Christ. Do you seek after Christ-all do you seek after your Church's traditions..
And once again, learning about God, is not, the same as coming to know God, visa versa. Anybody can call themselves Christian, and read the bible, and still shows no evidence they are saved, Jesus said: by their fruit we will know them, Many are called but few are chosen,what does this mean>it means not everyone that say's Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, those who do the will of the Father will be saved.
Are Catholic's born again? Or are they born into the Catholic Church, baptised as a infant, because of their own tradition they are saved by the Catholic Church.
What did Jesus teach, one must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God."And what do you teach?
Do you study and learn the scriptures? Or are, you just a sounding symbol, that can't be heard' neither in Heaven, nor on Earth nor under the Earth, and while you believe by works you are saved into the Catholic Church. The real Christians are seeking the kingdom of God.
And how do we seek, we seek not by works alone but by faith, we seek the head of the Church in the presence of God.
But if you were to obey the commandments of God, and not obey your own traditions, you will have fellowship with the Father and He will have fellowship with you, but because you have chosen to walk in disobedience, How do you say, Hopefully you will study and learn about Christ and join His Church by the time He comes.. When I can say to you-God does not know you, nor do you know God..
Do you not understand, without God the Church becomes religious, how can you say" Christ is the head of your Church, when she disobeys the Spirit of God, is this not the works that comes out of the flesh, and in the flesh comes Satan.
Do you not understand, works alone does not save you, who can say they walk in the light, but hates his brother Martin Luther..
Trying to be Spiritual without the Spirit, is a sounding symbol full of dead man's bones, evil that flows through his vain's, sin-can only glorify itself, self righteousness is a dead man's tomb, don't you have any fear in God? "Beware of Judgement Day.
Cry out unto the Lord and repent!

Church is church. And there is only one Church instituted by Christ. I hope you find that Church and learn.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:38am On Jan 27, 2018
brocab:
Thanks bro-and this is what I studied-While the "Roman Church" has been used to describe the pope's Diocese of Rome since the Fall of the Western Roman Empire and into the Early Middle Ages (6th-10th century), the "Roman Catholic Church" has been applied to the whole church in English language since the Protestant Reformation in the late 16th century.
So thank God, that the English language started with the Protestant Reformation-before that who could understand Latin?
Protestantism is popularly considered to have begun in Germany in 1517 when Martin Luther published his Ninety-five Theses as a reaction against abuses in the sale of indulgences by the Roman Catholic Church, which purported to offer remission of sin to their purchasers.
[9] However, the term derives from the letter of protestation from German Lutheran princes in 1529 against an edict of the Diet of Speyer condemning the teachings of Martin Luther as heretical. Only because the Catholic Church didn't want the world to know-the indulgence and their Purgatory traditions, was a lie from the beginning, Rome's greed wanted the money..
[10] Although there were earlier breaks and attempts to reform of the Roman Catholic Church — notably by Peter Waldo, John Wycliffe, and Jan Hus — only Luther succeeded in sparking a wider, lasting, and modern movement..
And all these men were murdered by the Catholic Church because God found faith in these men-to do what? They died believing in the Christ, spreading His gospel to all nations, so everybody that believes will know?
{1 John 5:20} "We now know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

So why do you follow a heretic teaching of Luther? Why do you belong to the 1517 church?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
I retrieved this from the sites you had given me, now you are asking me why I belong to Martin Luther's Church?
Have you not read the scriptures, God calls us into His kingdom, and no man have this authority to call, us into God's kingdom.
If you were to look at a bigger picture-if God didn't have faithful men such as these-everybody would have been trapped under the banner of the Catholic Church.
Of cause you have been taught about how great your Church is, and you may blame one man-because he stood his ground, and if you could open up your heart slightly to the right-and read a little history-from the apostles until now, millions by the billions have learned the manuscripts the Holy Spirit had taught the apostles-people from all nations, with different tongues, are spreading the Word of God to the 4 corners around the world, "Why' because they believe God exists, and they obey His commandments to spread the gospel.
Martin's vision was the Lord's vision, through Christ Martin taught the bible to the nations-and since the Latin language was transferred into all languages, millions have come to know Christ through the written Word of God.
I know you don't understand this, because you believe the Catholic Church has all power over all nations, you believe Jesus built your Church, and everybody should be saved under the banner of the Catholic Church-this only comes with your own understanding.
As a young Child, while I was in the institutions, without a dealt, all the Children locked away were forced to be Catholic's, and as a Child, not an infant-I was baptised into the Catholic Church, and as the story continual's, I didn't really understand, I just followed, but one thing I did learn, I was reborn into the Catholic Church, they didn't teach me about Christ in the language I know-because they would only teach in a Latin language I didn't know. I did not know God, He didn't exist in the Catholic Church. There focus's were more about traditions than about God, Many Children were raped, sexually abused, many never made it home-because thousands are lost.
So how do expect people to return to any Church that caused so much abuse against God and against the Church of God."Where is God?
9inches:

So why do you follow a heretic teaching of Luther? Why do you belong to the 1517 church?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2018
Is this the same Church you love so much, that caused so many people to fall away from Christ, is this the same Church you adore so much-that it's light does not shine across all nations, especially not in the hearts of man.
Is this the Church, not of God, but men, that love the world and it's lust that's in it, that caused the priest to fall under condemnation, after they had laid their dirty hands upon a Child.
Is this the Church that obey's the commandments of God-so much, they sexually abuse the innocent, mentally, psychically, that cause million to suicide.
9inches:

And there is only one Church instituted by Christ.
'What Church is instituted by Christ. "Yours"
{Matthew 18:5-6} And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world for the causes of sin.
9inches:

Church is church. And there is only one Church instituted by Christ. I hope you find that Church and learn.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:13am On Jan 28, 2018
brocab:
I retrieved this from the sites you had given me, now you are asking me why I belong to Martin Luther's Church?
Have you not read the scriptures, God calls us into His kingdom, and no man have this authority to call, us into God's kingdom.
If you were to look at a bigger picture-if God didn't have faithful men such as these-everybody would have been trapped under the banner of the Catholic Church.

God does not support separation from His Body (His Church).
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:20am On Jan 28, 2018
brocab:
What Church is instituted by Christ.

Type this your question,in exact same way, in google search and tell me what it says.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:47am On Jan 28, 2018
How about this? Question: "Why are there so many religions? Do all religions lead to God?"

Answer: The existence of so many religions and the claim that all religions lead to God without question confuses many who are earnestly seeking the truth about God, with the end result sometimes being that some despair of ever reaching the absolute truth on the subject. Or they end up embracing the universalist claim that all religions lead to God. Of course, skeptics also point to the existence of so many religions as proof that either you cannot know God or that God simply does not exist.
{Romans 1:19-21} contains the biblical explanation for why there are so many religions. The truth of God is seen and known by every human being because God has made it so. Instead of accepting the truth about God and submitting to it, most human beings reject it and seek their own way to understand God. But this leads not to enlightenment regarding God, but to futility of thinking. Here is where we find the basis of the “many religions.”
Many people do not want to believe in a God who demands righteousness and morality, so they invent a God who makes no such requirements. Many people do not want to believe in a God who declares it impossible for people to earn their own way to heaven. So they invent a God who accepts people into heaven if they have completed certain steps, followed certain rules, and/or obeyed certain laws, at least to the best of their ability. Many people do not want a relationship with a God who is sovereign and omnipotent. So they imagine God as being more of a mystical force than a personal and sovereign ruler.
The existence of so many religions is not an argument against God's existence or an argument that truth about God is not clear. Rather, the existence of so many religions is demonstration of humanity's rejection of the one true God. Mankind has replaced Him with gods that are more to their liking. This is a dangerous enterprise.
The desire to recreate God in our own image comes from the sin nature within us—a nature that will eventually “reap destruction” (Galatians 6:7-cool
Do all religions lead to God? No. All people—religious or otherwise—will stand before God some day (Hebrews 9:27), but religious affiliation is not what determines your eternal destiny.
Only faith in Jesus Christ will save. “Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12).
It’s as simple as that. Only Christianity—faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ—leads to God’s forgiveness and eternal life. No one comes to the Father except through the Son (John 14:6).
It does make a difference what you believe. The decision to embrace the truth about Jesus Christ is important. Eternity is an awfully long time to be wrong.
9inches:

Type this your question,in exact same way, in google search and tell me what it says.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:52am On Jan 28, 2018
The Holy Spirit appeared at Pentecost, ten days after the Ascension of Jesus, to the Apostles and disciples in the Upper Room, and inspired them to proclaim the faith (Acts 1:13-2:4)
The Twelve Apostles at the Pentecost were Peter, Andrew, James and John, Matthew, Philip, Thomas, Nathaniel Bartholomew, James son of Alpheus, Jude Thaddeus, Simon the Zealot, and Matthias. There were about one hundred and twenty persons gathered together in the Upper Room. This community of disciples of Jesus was the beginning of our Church. The oral tradition of the Apostles was established in the infancy period of the Church, from the time of Jesus to the written Gospels. During this period the Christian faith was transmitted by word of mouth (Romans 10:14-15).
You may believe it all happened in the Catholic Church-but the problem with your theory is, if the apostles, were to open up shop in the Catholic Church, then why does not the Catholic Church obey His every commandment? And why add, Purgatory and Indulgence, when you know as the bible tells us, no-one gets out of Hell, once someone had made their choice to go there? Money can not pay the penalty to deliver someone out of Hell, Not even God will take you out..
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 3:13am On Jan 28, 2018
This is true, but Jesus quote who are my brothers, sisters and Mother, He said: those who do the will of My Father in Heaven, are My brothers sisters and Mother..What part of this verse do you not understand. Brothers in Christ preaching in one accord.
It wasn't planned, to separate the Church, but Jesus said: don't yoke together with the unbelievers. Meaning if you were to come to me, bringing with you another doctrine, not the doctrine I have already been taught, don't bond with you..
There are to many Churches claiming to know Christ, but there hearts deceive them, in your case to preach a doctrine that doesn't line up with the Word of God, if your Church had left the bible alone, and obeyed the commandments of God, without adding your traditions, Yes I could say, you are sitting on a Gold mine, but I can't say this, because you know your Church is focused on tradition-rather then you are focus on Jesus..
{2 Corinthians 6:14} Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
{2 John 1:10} If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.
A house of God can also be the Church of God..
{2 Corinthians 11:4} For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.
9inches:

God does not support separation from His Body (His Church).
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 8:56am On Jan 28, 2018
brocab:
How about this? Question: "Why are there so many religions? Do all religions lead to God?"

Did you search your question in google... what did you find?
brocab:
'What Church is instituted by Christ.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2018
Did I not send you this>this is what I had found? to do with the Catholic Church- yes it is the oldest Church that claims to know Christ, but The Holy Spirit appeared at Pentecost, not in the Catholic Church ten days after the Ascension of Jesus, to the Apostles and disciples in the Upper Room, and inspired them to proclaim the faith (Acts 1:13-2:4) The Twelve Apostles at the Pentecost were Peter, Andrew, James and John, Matthew, Philip, Thomas, Nathaniel Bartholomew, James son of Alpheus, Jude Thaddeus, Simon the Zealot, and Matthias. There were about one hundred and twenty persons gathered together in the Upper Room. This community of disciples of Jesus was the beginning of our Church. Not the Catholic Church..
The oral tradition of the Apostles was established in the infancy period of the Church, from the time of Jesus to the written Gospels. During this period the Christian faith was transmitted by word of mouth, which was later written in the Word of God we now call it the bible. (Romans 10:14-15).
You may believe it all happened in the Catholic Church-but the problem with your theory is, if the apostles, were to open up shop in the Catholic Church, then why does not the Catholic Church walk in the Spirit? And obey His every commandment? And if your Priest were filled with the Spirit, then why do they continual to sin having no form of repentance, after they had committed a crime against humanity and God at the same time. And why add, Purgatory and Indulgence, when you know as the bible tells us, no-sinner is delivered out of Hell, with Monopoly money , once someone had made their choice to go there? Money can not pay the penalty to deliver someone out of Hell, Once God delivers you there-Not even God will take you out..
If you had just a little common sense about anything, try searching the scriptures about Hell..
9inches:

Did you search your question in google... what did you find?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:01am On Jan 28, 2018
brocab:
This is true, but Jesus quote who are my brothers, sisters and Mother, He said: those who do the will of My Father in Heaven, are My brothers sisters and Mother..What part of this verse do you not understand. Brothers in Christ preaching in one accord.
It wasn't planned, to separate the Church, but Jesus said: don't yoke together with the unbelievers. Meaning if you were to come to me, bringing with you another doctrine, not the doctrine I have already been taught, don't bond with you..
There are to many Churches claiming to know Christ, but there hearts deceive them, in your case to preach a doctrine that doesn't line up with the Word of God, if your Church had left the bible alone, and obeyed the commandments of God, without adding your traditions, Yes I could say, you are sitting on a Gold mine, but I can't say this, because you know your Church is focused on tradition-rather then you are focus on Jesus..
{2 Corinthians 6:14} Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
{2 John 1:10} If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.
A house of God can also be the Church of God..
{2 Corinthians 11:4} For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

You're saying the Body of Christ is the Church of unbelievers?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:13am On Jan 28, 2018
brocab:
Did I not send you this>this is what I had found? to do with the Catholic Church- yes it is the oldest Church that claims to know Christ, but The Holy Spirit appeared at Pentecost, not in the Catholic Church ten days after the Ascension of Jesus, to the Apostles and disciples in the Upper Room, and inspired them to proclaim the faith (Acts 1:13-2:4) The Twelve Apostles at the Pentecost were Peter, Andrew, James and John, Matthew, Philip, Thomas, Nathaniel Bartholomew, James son of Alpheus, Jude Thaddeus, Simon the Zealot, and Matthias. There were about one hundred and twenty persons gathered together in the Upper Room. This community of disciples of Jesus was the beginning of our Church. Not the Catholic Church..
The oral tradition of the Apostles was established in the infancy period of the Church, from the time of Jesus to the written Gospels. During this period the Christian faith was transmitted by word of mouth, which was later written in the Word of God we now call it the bible. (Romans 10:14-15).

You see, now you're coming closer to the truth, gradually. I encourage you to continue reading more.

1. https://chnetwork.org/
2. https://www.catholic.com/
3. https://www.youtube.com/user/catholiccom/videos
4. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdGX3N-WIJ5nUvklBTNhAw/videos
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2018
Since you believe I am coming closer then you should finish the next page..
And explain to me who taught you, the Church is the Catholic Church.
9inches:

You see, now you're coming closer to the truth, gradually. I encourage you to continue reading more.

1. https://chnetwork.org/
2. https://www.catholic.com/
3. https://www.youtube.com/user/catholiccom/videos
4. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVdGX3N-WIJ5nUvklBTNhAw/videos
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jesus quote was: who are my brothers, sisters and Mother, He said: those who do the will of My Father in Heaven, are My brothers sisters and Mother..What part of this verse do you not understand. Brothers in Christ preaching with one accord.
9inches:

You're saying the Body of Christ is the Church of unbelievers?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2018
brocab:
Since you believe I am coming closer then you should finish the next page..
And explain to me who taught you, the Church is the Catholic Church.
Easy answer, history.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 8:02am On Jan 29, 2018
brocab:
Jesus quote was: who are my brothers, sisters and Mother, He said: those who do the will of My Father in Heaven, are My brothers sisters and Mother..What part of this verse do you not understand. Brothers in Christ preaching with one accord.
Off point. Body of Christ as His Church is the main point here.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
It may sound "off point to you, but really" if people don't come together in one accord, they are divided..there is no division in Christ, Jesus said: these are My brother sister Mother those who do the will of God and believe-are His brothers sisters and Mother..
This is His Church, this is the body Christ preaches..
Christ didn't build a building made with hands of brick and mortar' that someday will dry up and die in it's sins, His Kingdom is not from this world, His kingdom lives within the hearts of men who have chosen to believe, these are His brothers sisters and Mother..
9inches:

Off point. Body of Christ as His Church is the main point here.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2018
History also informs us, yes your Church is the long standing Church, but it isn't the Church Christ was preferring too.
They are only claims by men your Church is the body, they are only stories told by men claiming Peter is the author of your Church-it doesn't matter where I go, Churches always claims names, and Churches always come up with this idea, they are the true Church-Let's say: the Church of Christ, or the Assembles of God, the universal Church, Jesus Christ of the latter day's. The Jehovah Witnesses. And the list continual's.
Pope Francis believes all religions and cult's are one religion they all worship the one God-you believe otherwise; Pope Francis had visited the Muslim God, the Hindi God, the Jewish God, your God, my God, Pope Francis had bowed down and worshipped all god's.
You believe Christ has one Church-while Pope Francis is the head of your one Church, the Pope denied these claims in full-he claims every religion or cult, is all part of one body, Just in different Churches, or Temples.
Does this not cause division among you-does this mean Pope Francis had divided the Church, is this the universal Church that is claimed throughout all the land the body belongs to Christ-'is this the universal Church knowing to man universal means divided, meaning there is division among you?
Did not Pope Francis preach, Jesus is not, the only way to heaven-Pope Francis say's, if one is good-and if that one believes there is a god, then that one will be with Christ, Pope Francis Claims everybody is the body of Christ.
9inches:

Easy answer, history.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
brocab:
And which body is God's Church?

I don't understand your question. Do you mean God's temple?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
It may sound "off point to you, but really" if people don't come together in one accord, they are divided..there is no division in Christ, Jesus said: these are My brother sister Mother those who do the will of God and believe-are His brothers sisters and Mother..
Christ didn't build a building made with hands of brick and mortar' that someday will dry up and die in it's sins, His Kingdom is not from this world, His kingdom lives within the hearts of men who have chosen to believe, these are His brothers sisters and Mother..
9inches:

I don't understand your question. Do you mean God's temple?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
brocab:
History also informs us, yes your Church is the long standing Church, but it isn't the Church Christ was preferring too.
They are only claims by men your Church is the body, they are only stories told by men claiming Peter is the author of your Church.

You are making more progress. If it's not the Church Christ started and appointed Peter as its leader, which other church is?

Continue reading.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
brocab:

You are absolutely right. There is no division in Christ, but Martin Luther and his followers do not think so. That's the big issue!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
You are doing it again, Martin Luther, tell me, what did Martin Luther do to you personally, that you yourself haven't done against another?
We all sin, and if we all continualed to blame another, than how do we learn from our own mistakes.
If I was to look at you, I am not looking at myself, where is the fairness to that, I put an innocent man into prison, because I am to gutless to front up to my own mistakes, "How can I learn about myself, and how will I grow into a man, if I had blamed you..
Don't you realise, since the fall of Adam, the blame games had began, we are either part of Adam's blaming tradition, or we are against the blame traditions?
Study the fruit-what did Martin Luther teach, did he teach Hindi, did he teach Muslim, or did he teach the Jehovah Witness, the Mormons-did he teach cults, "No, none of the above" Martin Luther taught the Word of God as much as to his own knowledge.
Instead of looking down on Martin Luther-try to see the fruit that came out of all this-alright he never taught the traditions of the Catholic Church, but he did teach the Word of God, and he manage to obey the commandments of God and spread the gospel across the nations-and the fruit of all this, Is, everyday the Word of God is taught to somebody, I don't study about Martin Luther, I study about God, Martin Luther can not save me, but Christ did save me.
When God judges us, we are standing before Him sitting on His throne' in all His glory-alone-no-one else is there to defend us, just you, me and God. Don't you realise, God hears and see's everything we do on earth, and when He opens up the books, we are judged by our sins; It's quite scary, "everything" we had thought off, and we have hidden from either our family friends, and people we know, God was watching, "everything" He was watching our thoughts-and our actions. "Everything"..
Jesus warns us in the scriptures, don't judge another, why try and pull the speck out from your brothers eye, when we have a log in our own eye's.
What Martin Luther done-does it really matter to you? What you should focus on, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong-we are all right and wrong. You blame Martin Luther, only because it takes the blame away from you, Martin Luther did me no harm, matter of fact if either he was right or wrong against the Catholic Church, it had made no difference to me, I became a born again Christian, not because of Martin Luther, but because of God, He had called me-to serve the One true God.
And when I look at myself-what did I do to save the world? I am a sinner, and I have sinned against God and against humanity. If I didn't have any fellowship with God: What then? I am nothing..
9inches:

You are absolutely right. There is no division in Christ, but Martin Luther and his followers do not think so. That's the big issue!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
I can see, where you are going with this, but bro, if you aren't walking in the Spirit-then you can only guess which Church Jesus is preferring too.
Churches made of brick and mortar, it doesn't matter which Church building stood the longest, what matters is Christ built His Church in the believers.
Churches can't save, nor can it take you to Heaven, and Churches are meeting places for Christians to fellowship in one accord, but without God in them, then the Church is just a building.
And to be honest If Christ Himself didn't start a Church in a building made of hands, then why would Peter build the Catholic Church, made of the same substance?
And if I was to look at this deeper, why then did the Catholic Church still continual in their paganism, If the Church belonged to Christ?
We need to look at the fruit, when you were saved-are you growing in Christ, or are you just a sounding symbol that follows the tradition of the Catholic Church..
9inches:

You are making more progress. If it's not the Church Christ started and appointed Peter as its leader, which other church is?

Continue reading.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2018
brocab:
You are doing it again, Martin Luther, tell me, what did Martin Luther do to you personally, that you yourself haven't done against another?

I did not meet Martin Luther personally, so he did nothing to me. I'm only enlightening you on the doctrine you believe in.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:07am On Jan 30, 2018
brocab:
I can see, where you are going with this, but bro, if you aren't walking in the Spirit-then you can only guess which Church Jesus is preferring too.
Churches made of brick and mortar, it doesn't matter which Church building stood the longest, what matters is Christ built His Church in the believers.
Churches can't save, nor can it take you to Heaven, and Churches are meeting places for Christians to fellowship in one accord, but without God in them, then the Church is just a building.
And to be honest If Christ Himself didn't start a Church in a building made of hands, then why would Peter build the Catholic Church, made of the same substance?
And if I was to look at this deeper, why then did the Catholic Church still continual in their paganism, If the Church belonged to Christ?
We need to look at the fruit, when you were saved-are you growing in Christ, or are you just a sounding symbol that follows the tradition of the Catholic Church..

You seem to be talking about church building which is out of the point.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 4:49am On Jan 30, 2018
You can claim you have it all, but your verdict about the Catholic Church fell with great pride, like I had said:If you aren't walking in the Spirit-then you can only guess which Church Jesus is preferring too.
Churches made of brick and mortar, is the Catholic Church-it doesn't matter which Church building stood the longest, what matters is Christ built His Church in the believers.
Churches can't save, nor can it take you to Heaven, Pope Francis believes otherwise, and Churches are meeting places for Christians to fellowship in one accord, but without God in them, then the Church is just a building.
And to be honest, Christ Himself didn't start a Church in a building made of hands, then why would Peter build the Catholic Church, made of the same substance?
But it seems Catholic's such as yourself believe otherwise, and if I was to look at this deeper, why then did the Catholic Church still continual in their paganism, If the Church belonged to Christ?
We need to look at the fruit, when you were saved-are you growing in Christ, or are you just a sounding symbol that follows the tradition of the Catholic Church..You have said: it yourself, you believe Peter was the start of the Catholic Church, and why do you continual in this very same understanding if you believe the body is the people.
I was just completing the Church subject, you have began, How you honestly believed the Catholic Church belonged to Christ, and how you believed the Catholic Church is the body of Christ.
But now you have switched, your plead, {Praise the Lord} by the looks of this you have jumped on the right side of the fence in Christ.
9inches:

You seem to be talking about church building which is out of the point.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 5:05am On Jan 30, 2018
Please explain tell me what are the doctrines, I believe in? And if you haven't met Martin Luther personally, then maybe you should start looking at your own sins, before you judge another..We all stand in front of God, and everything you say, you will be judged upon.
You have read the stories of Martin Luther, and maybe you have judged wrongly, but what is your judgement "to God" Nothing-but what if, you knew Martin Luther was in heaven, what then? Did God judge him righteously?
9inches:

I did not meet Martin Luther personally, so he did nothing to me. I'm only enlightening you on the doctrine you believe in.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
brocab:
You can claim you have it all, but your verdict about the Catholic Church fell with great pride, like I had said:If you aren't walking in the Spirit-then you can only guess which Church Jesus is preferring too.
Churches made of brick and mortar, is the Catholic Church-it doesn't matter which Church building stood the longest, what matters is Christ built His Church in the believers.
Churches can't save, nor can it take you to Heaven, Pope Francis believes otherwise, and Churches are meeting places for Christians to fellowship in one accord, but without God in them, then the Church is just a building.
And to be honest, Christ Himself didn't start a Church in a building made of hands, then why would Peter build the Catholic Church, made of the same substance?
But it seems Catholic's such as yourself believe otherwise, and if I was to look at this deeper, why then did the Catholic Church still continual in their paganism, If the Church belonged to Christ?
We need to look at the fruit, when you were saved-are you growing in Christ, or are you just a sounding symbol that follows the tradition of the Catholic Church..You have said: it yourself, you believe Peter was the start of the Catholic Church, and why do you continual in this very same understanding if you believe the body is the people.
I was just completing the Church subject, you have began, How you honestly believed the Catholic Church belonged to Christ, and how you believed the Catholic Church is the body of Christ.
But now you have switched, your plead, {Praise the Lord} by the looks of this you have jumped on the right side of the fence in Christ.

Christ made a strong promise to his Church, and it unconditional, meaning that it will never fail. And no gate of hell or temptation can come against it. His Church which is Body will never fail because His Word never fails.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
brocab:
Please explain tell me what are the doctrines, I believe in? And if you haven't met Martin Luther personally, then maybe you should start looking at your own sins, before you judge another..We all stand in front of God, and everything you say, you will be judged upon.
You have read the stories of Martin Luther, and maybe you have judged wrongly, but what is your judgement "to God" Nothing-but what if, you knew Martin Luther was in heaven, what then? Did God judge him righteously?

The doctrine of sola scriptura, which is unbiblical and made-up by him. I don't care what happened to Luther because he's already dead. But you need to be informed of his doctrine so you won't make same mistake.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:35am On Jan 31, 2018
Finally we have come to an agreement, the body of the believers is the Church..
So what made you believe, it was the Catholic Church Christ was preferring too, the Words Peter spoke weren't words that came out if sinful flesh,
these Word's were God's Words, God had spoken through Peter.
Jesus said: these Words you speak 'Simon Peter, didn't come from your flesh, it come straight from My Father in heaven, Christ built His Church on the Word, Christ didn't build His Church upon sin.
Sin can not build the Church of God, and you built your Church upon the sinful nature of Peter a sinner..
9inches:

Christ made a strong promise to his Church, and it unconditional, meaning that it will never fail. And no gate of hell or temptation can come against it. His Church which is Body will never fail because His Word never fails.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply)

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) / Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Very Unusual Outfit

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.