Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:17 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86686 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Malawian(m): 4:59am On Jan 02, 2018
All these yeye Daddy G.O "churches" that you will visit, and you will never see the cross of salvation anywhere their worship center. Instead, all you see is a giant billboard of their Daddy G.O and some of them worshipping the chair their Daddy G.O sits on.

Ndi ara.

5 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by NickD(m): 5:42am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!
He is even a charismatic member... whoever told u catholics don't believe in the holy spirit has fed u tonnes of lie. Settle this with him but a woman has no church till she's married. if u don't like it break it off.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by NickD(m): 5:49am On Jan 02, 2018
GGirll:

Happened to me too he coerced me that he would join me to my Pentecostal church cos of my ministry only to start persuading me with riddles of love covers all n all to coerce me to wed n attend Catholic I just dumped him for good cos I can't thread my soul with anything less of Jesus Christ.can't afford to be in Hell fire for eternity after this world no way nobody by God's grace can coerce me to date Catholic or any of its kind again.
So Catholic's are going to hell if I understood ur write up. U need a braincheck.

5 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by loyaltygame(m): 5:55am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
do not be deceive my sister we all serve one God. whether catholic or pentecostal we are one.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by DavidJohnDavid(f): 6:09am On Jan 02, 2018
hmmm...
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Pat081: 6:15am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Please nlander I need you guys help.
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
I dislike their method of worship and their believe.
I don't know, how i will cope with him cos of his church...
... please mature advice.
hmmmmm d church u worship believe in holy spirit ok oooo , Catholic Church re one 2ru out d world but cum to think of it u dnt c ur church member to date abi ?u now c one dat want to marry u now u re talking about Church ok , u should hv tell him b4 talking about marriage to u use ur brain

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Pat081: 6:18am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
am sorry to ask u so u ve nt marry since 2015 hmmmmm u can lie copy and paste tin ole
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by africanusvu(m): 6:24am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
.Now.in all ur post u didn't mention Christianity. Only Catholic and penticost.see how u people ar disgracing d body of Christ.giving impression there is two Christ.now u ar talking like this of fellow Christian wat will u say of a Muslim?son of Satan?my dear shame unto you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Unluckrees(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2018
I'm guessing the OP is still single up till now.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by crackhouse(m): 6:37am On Jan 02, 2018
prettyjo:
2015 thread making front page in 2018.

nothing is really impossible
u are right bro. This advises right now is not needed.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by streamsofjoy(f): 6:39am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.

If he belongs to charismatic there is nothing much to fear o. Becos charismatic are the prayer warriors in the Catholic Church and they are a little holy spirit conscious like pentecostal church in their mode of worship. The only time u should fear is if he is a bench warmer in church and all he knows is to recite their prayers.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Coldfeets: 6:51am On Jan 02, 2018
kevoh:
Christians! They can not even agree among themselves! Even to get married to each other na wahala! undecided And you expect an atheist to take you guys serious?

You won't blame them though 'cause 'they know not what they're doing'. tongue

Religion in general, is all about 'My-God-is-better-than-yours'.

That's why the so called 'believers' will never agree even within themselves.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Okey80: 6:52am On Jan 02, 2018
nefertitiram:

I married a Catholic guy. Im pentecostal. It was difficult wedding in the catholic church but I persevered.

I still attend my pentecostal church. Depend on the man in question. Is he a staunch Catholic? Mine is indifferent

Lucky you! Am a catholic, if i marry a Pentecostals, my dear she's joining me in my church. No two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Iseoluwani: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Break up... If you have the Holy Spirit in you, you will know the guy isn't for you. You will lose your prayer life and be frustrated
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Iseoluwani: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2018
Coldfeets:

You won't blame them though 'cause 'they know not what they're doing'. tongue

Religion in general, is all about 'My-God-is-better-than-yours'.

That's why the so called 'believers' will never agree even within themselves.

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by miketayo(m): 7:04am On Jan 02, 2018
brocab:
A word for bchi:
I am also married to a Catholic-and she gave her life over to Christ, she became a born again Christian-she found her first love in Christ, as it seemed, for a while she was doing all the rights' but deep within she was more focus on the wrongs, she would listen more on the gossips, and involve herself in church with all the busybodies, judging others, that led her back to her own judgement in the Catholic Church.

It's not easy, but if you love somebody, the love in Christ can break down those walls between you both. And with your prayers, God can change anything.
Don't turn against God, turn more over to Him, because you need Him more then ever before.

I don't think u r in a position to be giving her advice, you are bias and u clearly know nothing about the Catholic church,
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Iseoluwani: 7:05am On Jan 02, 2018
loyaltygame:
do not be deceive my sister we all serve one God. whether catholic or pentecostal we are one.

Lies from the pit of hell

Op don't marry him, Catholics have a routine ways of worship, which makes it idolatry and a rituals. A true Pentecostal Church does its thing as being led by d holy spirit which is something catholic lack
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Iseoluwani: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Malawian:
All these yeye Daddy G.O "churches" that you will visit, and you will never see the cross of salvation anywhere their worship center. Instead, all you see is a giant billboard of their Daddy G.O and some of them worshipping the chair their Daddy G.O sits on.

Ndi ara.

So there must b physical cross in the church b4 u truly worship God. O mumu

Daft mumu
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Jeffy1206(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2018
Op are you looking for a church that you will only be deceived by... And be allowed the freedom to dress... To church or you're really into the word of God? If it's the latter then, I'll advise you to join Charismatic renewal in the Catholic Church... They can actually pray the way you want. But on Sundays it's the normal mass you will get.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by miketayo(m): 7:09am On Jan 02, 2018
GGirll:

Happened to me too he coerced me that he would join me to my Pentecostal church cos of my ministry only to start persuading me with riddles of love covers all n all to coerce me to wed n attend Catholic I just dumped him for good cos I can't thread my soul with anything less of Jesus Christ.can't afford to be in Hell fire for eternity after this world no way nobody by God's grace can coerce me to date Catholic or any of its kind again.

You are deceiving yourself if u think u are a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by miketayo(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2018
Iseoluwani:

So there must b physical cross in the church b4 u truly worship God. O mumu

Daft mumu

Crucifix is a remembrance of Christ death for all of us, if u think remembering Jesus death is mumu u r on Ur own.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 02, 2018
Unluckrees:
I'm guessing the OP is still single up till now.
apparently yes. Tribe,religion nd oda stupid tins creating division everywhere
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by miketayo(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2018
Iseoluwani:

Lies from the pit of hell

Op don't marry him, Catholics have a routine ways of worship, which makes it idolatry and a rituals. A true Pentecostal Church does its thing as being led by d holy spirit which is something catholic lack

All churches have routines and rituals don't deceive urself, check d dictionary for d meaning of ritual. Take it or leave it, although there r good Pentecostal churches out there but most of them r scammers, with d congregation looking at theirs pastors as gods
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Iseoluwani: 7:23am On Jan 02, 2018
miketayo:

Crucifix is a remembrance of Christ death for all of us, if u think remembering Jesus death is mumu u r on Ur own.

He is no more on that cross, He is risen Hallelujah... I won't remain on that cross

Peace
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Dayoara: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2018
Well, to be sincere you seem to be confused, but whatever people say, I doubt if your mind will change.
Amos 3:3 can two work together except they agree?

Am a man, am married no matter how long you will end up in your husband's church, because pressure from his people won't allow you rest.
From a plain mind if you could walk away. Catholic are just elder brother to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 02, 2018
Why not follow him to the Catholic Church two or three times and also go with him to a charismatic prayer meeting two or three times and make informed decisions based on your submission.

Whoever tells you that Catholics don't have the gift of the Holy Spirit is being economical with the truth.

Catholic, Anglican and Methodist are the pillars of pentecostality. Whatever you have as a pentecostal, they have it double.

You know, it saddens me to know that you're not contemplating dumping your fiancee because he's not upright or because he has questionable character, but because of Denomination.

That means that a fraudster in your church is preferred by you than a good man in another church or faith.

If I'm this your intending husband and I stumbled upon this your post. Believe you me, I will marry you no more.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by blessingsonflee(f): 7:59am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
then leave your church ,follow him to his . The fight between catholics and protestants did not start today. If you want peace and companionship in your marriage you have to attend the same church or forget it
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Joemetry(m): 8:05am On Jan 02, 2018

ALL THESE NEW GENERATION CHURCHES ALWAYS TRYING SO HARD TO BLASPHEME AGAINST A CHURCH THAT PEOPLE LIKE THEM HAVE TRIED TO KNOCK DOWN FOR OVER 2000 YEARS NOW...

KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELVES,
NOTHING BAD ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IF YOU REALLY CARE TO KNOW, BUT IT'S KINDA HARD TO ERASE THE UGLY SCRIPT THAT PUBLIC OPINION HAS WRITTEN IN YOUR MINDS.

I MEAN HOW CAN THE ONLY CHURCH THAT SAW CHRIST TEACH OTHERWISE?
PEOPLE DON'T EVEN THINK.

ABI UNA NEVER READ SAY CHRIST SELF TELL PETER SAY NA ONTOP OF AM HIM GO BUILD HIM CHURCH?

DO YOU KNOW WHERE ST. MARY'S BASILICA IS?

I GUESS NO.., ALL YOU AND YOUR BUNCH OF FALSE PROPHETS CARE ABOUT IS HOW TO BREAK WHAT IS UNBREAKABLE...
YES UNBREAKABLE..!

ST. MARY'S BASILICA IS BUILT ON TOP OF PETER'S GRAVE THE FIRST THE DISCIPLE OF CHRIST AND THE FIRST POPE OF THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH...

SISTER IF I WOULD EVEN ADVICE YOU, I'LL SIMPLY ADVICE YOU TO ATTRIBUTING YOUR SALVATION TO THE DENOMINATION YOU BELONG TO, IF YOU LIKE MAKE YOU BE ONE OF JESUS' DISCIPLE, IF YOU NEVER MAKE YOUR MIND TO DO THE CORRECT THING, YOU GO STILL BETRAY CHRIST, NO BE CHURCH WEY YOU DE ATTEND, NO BE HOW THE PUBLIC VIEW CATHOLICISM, NO BE HOW YOU VIEW PROTESTANTS, NO BE HOW YOU TALK ABOUT MUSLIMS OR EVEN BUDDHIST GO DETERMINE WATIN GOD DON PLAN FOR THEM.

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AMEN....

DON'T WAIT FOR OPINIONS, GO AND READ UP BOOKS, READ HISTORY, READ THE BIBLE, READ OTHER EVEN THE QURAN AND OTHER RELIGIOUS BOOKS TO BE ON THE KNOW IT'S NOT A SIN IF YOU STOP DEPENDING ON OSMOSIS KNOWLEDGE...

PRAY FOR YOURSELF AND ALSO HAVE IT IN MIND THAT THE ENTIRE CHRISTIAN RELIGION IS FLAWED DUE TO LIES AND MONEY MAKING SCHEMES...

YOUR ODDS OF MEETING A FALSE PROPHET ARE HIGHER THAN THE OTHERWISE.

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by emecheboy2(m): 8:10am On Jan 02, 2018
My wife who was not Catholic was grossly misinformed about the Catholic Church until we met. Now she enjoys being a Catholic now; even when my mother in law visits she is eager to attend Mass. Everything you seek in being in Pentecostal you will get it in 100 fold in Catholic Church. Join the charismatic renewal prayer meeting have a open mind to learn and tell you, you will be happy you did.

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Chommieblaq(f): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2018
This post is being long na, oya come and give us feedback.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ijebube(f): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2018
aunty should be married by now na.. wey she dey sef..abeg don't let all this arguments go to waste oo, come nd tell us what happened

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

What role is your pastor playing in your plans to marry?

What is it that you guys in your church understand about the faith called Christianity and marriage as a believer?

Has your fiancee gotten saved?

Going to church is not Christianity.

However, if you're saved (born again), there are some environments you will get uncomfortable with.

Most likely, your pastor has warned you about this your plan and you're afraid of loosing your sweet bobo from Catholic church.

Oh La la! You had better go back to what you've been advised now before you start crying two weeks after your wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.