Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,500 members, 7,770,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:09 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86707 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Please nlander I need you guys help.
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
I dislike their method of worship and their believe.
I don't know, how i will cope with him cos of his church...
... please mature advice.

where are pple getting this misconception from.Catholic church believe more in the gift of the holy spirit,just in the way jesus did.Once had that misconception when still in Pentecostal.But i now know better.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by JusticeSeeker: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2018
Are you born again? Is he born again? If both of you are born again that settles the matter because, the Spirit of Jesus will lead you where to worship even b4 or after the marriage. However, if you are not born again, then my take may not apply.

How to know you're born again.
1. Old life passes away.
2. No sex during courtship until marriage.
3. Sincere prayerful life
4. Fear of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by nwachi1404: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2018
Pentecostals are a very big problem in christiandom, very biased and divisive. I don't think you are ready for marriage. You should go and look for your church brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
so after dating to the extent of getting married you don't know much about his Church

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by miketayo(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2018
Iseoluwani:

He is no more on that cross, He is risen Hallelujah... I won't remain on that cross

Peace

so his death is irrelevant ? let me remind u we r saved because of his death on the cross
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by kelechiodo(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2018
@bchi should tell us how it ended. Its two years already since she sent in this post.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2018
homesteady:
It would be very difficult to cope, so many new things to learn and adapt to. My Mother did it, she wasn't a Catholic when she married my Father and now she has been our Parish CWO President like twice.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by unwanaabasi(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2018
Call me on this number let it unveil to you the beauty of being a charismatic 08068801767 you have nothing to be afraid of, he is yours and your gold so hold him
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Imunose(f): 8:42am On Jan 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I have no problems believing she has truly found the truth in Christ Jesus, I do not believe the person you quoted doubt that.

But I have an advise for the OP, you fell in love with a catholic, you saw something beautiful in him irrespective of his religious affiliation, if he is talking marriage with you then I can assume that he is serious about you and loves you just as much, religion is a very important topic for catholics, if he is like me then I'll say his religious affiliation is important to him, an important part of his life, if you took the trouble to fall in love with him them I say you should take the trouble to at least study what he believes, there are many misconceptions out there and you just listed one, you claim that catholics do not believe in the gifts of the spirit which isn't true. If you love him then take the challenge to at least learn what he believes.

Unlike some on the thread, I am not advising you join his church just because you love him, that is a decision only you can make out of conviction, love isn't an excuse for everything, you can make silly decisions in love and regret them later.

What I am saying is that you truly look into what he believes, not from your pastors or from hearsay but direct from people who share those beliefs, practicing catholics and the catholic church itself, listen, contrast it with what you believe and what the bible says, see how he understands things and then you will be in a better position to make a decision, if his beliefs are absolutely contradictory to the Christian message as witnessed in scriptures and absolutely irreconcilable with yours, then you may consider leaving him, if not then you may consider other more positive options.

To put my point in simple words, if you want to break up with your guy because of his church then you must be able to look him in the eye and say to him "I honestly tried everything to bring my love for you to completion but our differences are irreconcilable" not just because you are afraid of what some people said about his church.

Someone gave you a link to a catholic thread on nlans where you can ask questions about the catholic church, I suggest you use it.

Peace

Wisdom
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by MissJoy29(f): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2018
Dalek:
winners can't marry Cele
CAC cant marry winners
JW can't marry any
RCCG can't marry christ embassy
Chosen can marry winners
MFM can't marry Catholic
Deeper Life et al...

see what religion is doing to you fools. your bible preaches Love, you all worship with the same bible. but lo and behold that dumb mentality that i am better than u is why you all will one day be irrelevant in this society.

religions come and go, LOVE, HUMANITY CONQUERS ALL.
I like this. Funny, very sad...but true. There's serious discrimination among Churches. One Church looks down on the other & thinks it's better than the rest. Granted, there are some that have different extreme beliefs from the others. Like a union between these people:
*a JW & a Catholic
*a Cele member and a Grail Message member.
*an Adventist and a Brotherhood member.
*an Eckankar member & a Mountain of Fire member.
(I have seen marriage between the first people play out so nothing is impossible)
But I can understand the fear of one getting entangled with someone from the other side. The gap in differences based on differing doctrines is just too much to be ignored so to say. But what about those that are basically the same? Winners, Redeemeers, Christ Embassy members, Deeper Lifers, Mountain of Fire members, Choosen members etc. What's your excuse or reason for discrimination?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Until you grow up spiritually u shouldn't be married. You are soo unenlightened on matters of Catholicism so abeg don't ever use ur grubby fingers on a keypad to talk shit bout us.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by teamgreat: 8:54am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

OK nah, see how all of them are advising you to change church,if it's a Catholic girl,their church will still want the guy to change church to Catholic. Anyways catholics are very rigid people,and the truth is once you are married to him,he wouldn't allow you go to your church,except you guys agree now!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by MightySparrow: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Hmmmmmm
Love is blind, marriage is a an eye - opener. My sister, with my experience in such matters like this, if you have slightest fear about the marriage do not continue. Marry among your own spiritual conviction. Few of this kind that have gone viral are very messy. One wonders why God is problem of some families.

Some may tell you theories, experience may be an unpalatable teacher.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by shekauvsbuhari: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2018
Catholics believe in the Gift o' the holy spirit, I am one and I think you've been wrongly informed...you need to enlighten yourself a bit more. I can attend any church that preaches the word of God through the holy spirit and not to satisfy man...the only real advantage of being a catholic is you develop your spirituality yourself and the probability o' going church to church is slimmer. . .christianity is one.

My humble opinion...no offence meant
what about praying to mary and de saints? What about bowing down before pictures, moulded and carved images of Jesus, mary and saints? What about setting up a special shrine for mary, carrying her mouded idol about n dancing and venerating it? What about venerating de eucharist (holy communion) as if it is God? What about de sun burst holy eucharist image that dey carry up and bow to saying dt Jesus is in it? Honestly these are my issues with the roman catholic church.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by FRIYOPATRICK(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2018
OkuDiOver1:
Op the best thing for you is to leave the guy since you are finding it hard to accept his faith and make sure you dnt regret your leaving him later in life.
all the single ladies and guys that don't have hope of marrying are like leave the guy.. Lol ... He is a charismatic and you still claim that he is not a........ Girls are always confused and the don't know what the want.. Or may be your village people are following you... Biko marry him if you know what is good for you
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Not really the church will save us but what we believe. But also the church plays a key role in what we believe through their teachings...

Op, a church who does not honour and worship CHRIST alone is a perverted and GOD forsaking place...

Don't compromise JESUS for marriage.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by buske(m): 9:09am On Jan 02, 2018
oshe111:
Is it advisable for someone with AS to get married to a girl with AS

If you're ready to loose a child later on.... It's no problem.. Go ahead!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by FKseun(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2018
If you care about making Heaven, please retrace your steps. A Faith where they bow before the image of Mary! They contravene the doctrines of Christ. When it is written that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way, the truth and the light...that NO ONE commeth onto the Father except through Jesus. What about the use of the rosary? Was it mentioned anywhere in the Bible that the rosary should be used for prayers? It is pagan worship!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by zicoraads: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2018
I see the Catholics amongst us have taken over the thread and are acting like the oppressed. An irony really. When in reality, Catholic ladies are the ones who are mostly like this. Marrying from another church to them is like asking them to leave Christianity.

Foolish Christians. I'm a Christian, but this is why Islam is growing at a terrifying pace while we keep losing people to Islam or Atheism. You all are the reason why. The minute you begin to think that you're better than any Christian is the minute you cease becoming one.

Hypocrites! Every last one of you. Who made you a better Christian? God?

Imagine the divisiveness. This is shameful. I am really ashamed.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Breadfruit: 9:27am On Jan 02, 2018
kanuchiemela:
Remember you have no church as a woman untill u marry.
If actually you love him without artificial love... follow him.
I'm born, baptized and confirmed Catholic.

Who says a woman has no church until marriage. You people keep coming up with these ridiculous notions!!

And I ask, is there marriage in heaven? Is heaven not a personal race? Or if the husband shifts to idolatry, the wife has to follow him as per no church.

Una go still dry alright sha.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2018
pitapromiz:
What are you saying bros.... do you mean marrying a Catholic will make her forsake eternity... That your ex doesn't like your speaking in tongues is her personal issue and is no cause for generallization.... why do you think he is the one that needs change not the lady.... my brother do not judge...
NB: everything you believe in as a Christian has been sustained and upheld by the Catholic Church. No offense meant.

My dear there is nothing wrong with the Catholic Church. I have attended various churches... all I see is refurbished fragments of Catholic practices.

No one says you can't be charismatic in the Catholic Church.
You know something, and must they attend the same church.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2018
kelechiodo:
@bchi should tell us how it ended. Its two years already since she sent in this post.

Sad but looks true - she didn't marry the guy again going through her posts and topics on nairaland.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2018
kanuchiemela:
Remember you have no church as a woman untill u marry.
If actually you love him without artificial love... follow him.
I'm born, baptized and confirmed Catholic.
What are you even saying salvation is a personal thing and who says they can't attend different churches.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2018
sirfee:
This is what religion does to the brain.There is so much confusion in the land all thanks to the religious bigots and extremists.
You are very correct I pray religion does not divide us to the point that we forget that we have one thing in common(humanity).

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by sogud(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

wat is wrng wit der mode of worship
oya tortory me
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2018
kevoh:
Christians! They can not even agree among themselves! Even to get married to each other na wahala! undecided And you expect an atheist to take you guys serious?
well spoken sire.most Christians aare hypocrites deceiving themselves with love but in their heart it's another thing
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by fynex(m): 10:00am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

It's better you talk to him and end the relationship with him, since you're not comfortable with his church... This is an area you would have considered initially, but it's not still late...

One thing I can't encourage or do when I get married is attending a different church with my wife... Some people don't have any issues with that, but to an extent it affects the home and the children...

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nickymezor(f): 10:01am On Jan 02, 2018
kelechiodo:
Abi o. Where is she hiding?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by lovetruth(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2018
follow him but don't worship idol
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Blessingeroma(f): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2018
You shoulda known better.
It's not even about you going to his church now.
Your children nko? I'm sure you'd like them to worship with you.
That household would be religiously divided.
Look beyond the "love" biko, and put on your thinking cap.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by oshe111(m): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2018
buske:

If you're ready to loose a child later on.... It's no problem.. Go ahead!
Hmmmm
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by wisesoul(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Merry Christmas My Dear, Don't be deceived to believe that Catholic don't believe in the gift of the Holy Spirit, if you have your before you are married, go and attend one of their catechism classes, and you will understand that they (Catholic) dwell more on the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit than some Pentecostals churches around,
Secondly, you just said he's a charismatic renewal member, by that facts only you are married to a prayer warrior. create time to attend one of their prayers meeting and you will understand this better.
Though, you might find it difficult to suit into Catholicism when you get married, but you won't regret it. Most of us got converted to be Catholics because we attended their schools, Youth Congress/Conventions, NFCS Rallies and Conferences before we got indepth knowledge about the Church.
You can still take your time to do many findings before saying I do because in Catholic Church, there's no divorce but only separation which is a very rare case, except if it's a case of marriage of deceit.

I pray God leads you as you seek Him in prayers,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.