Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (87673 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
See the problem is, I have been explaining to you all along, I have used other verses to help you understand the scriptures. since we have started the conversation, everyone in their right mind knows Matthew is just one chapter that lines up with other scriptures concerning this topic..If you know the answers, then explain-instead of mocking everything we write.
{John 10:16} And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. {Who are these, that doesn't belong to Jesus's fold?}
The common belief, as I understand it, is that this refers to the division between Jews and Gentiles. But when Jesus first sends out his disciples he specifically tells them not to preach to Gentiles {Matthew 10:5-6}
I could only suggest, While Jesus was with the 12 disciples, they weren't ready to receive the Holy Spirit, Of course Jesus knew Judas wasn't prepared to obey the commandments of God, the 12 were still in training to start His Church. And Jesus knew He already had 70-72 filled with the Holy Spirit preparing His way. just like John the Baptize he was filled with the Holy Spirit preparing the way for the Lord.
These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
In {Matthew 15:22-24} He certainly still kept this mindset, saying "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
When He speaks to the Samaritan woman at the well {John 4:4-7} it seems to be out of the necessity of thirst that He speaks to her (and it seems to be only out of necessity that He is in Samaria' at all)
While he does volunteer to help the Roman centurion (Matthew 8:5-13) this may have only been in deference to the authority that centurion seemed to be very keen on asserting.
We do know that he did change his mind on this matter, as at the end of his life (or rather after the end of it) He then commanded his disciples to preach to all the other nations {Matthew 28:18-20}
Not only Jesus that spoke outside the square, but the 70-72 spoke outside the square of Israel, while Jesus told the 12, to only preach to the Jews, but after the crucifix He told the 11 to preach to all the nations, Just like Jesus prepared Bahamas and Paul to preach outside the square.

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
If he was referring to Gentiles when he said "I have other sheep that are not of this fold", then he must have already by that time put aside the idea that he "was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".
Is there a text that suggests this? (If not, the idea he meant Gentiles must come from somewhere!) When in general does Jesus begin saying that his message should or will be preached to Gentiles?
9inches:

I did not ask you to quote and explain another verse. I only asked you to explain {Matthew 10:5-7} [b]only[a]. What did Jesus mean by that statement where He excluded the Gentiles?
9inches:

Since you want to help solite3, the question was to explain the following statement. "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel."
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
[quote author=9inches post=66187024]

Where God/Jesus said the gentiles should have the scriptures.
where did God say only Jews should have scripture

I asked you to explain Matthew 10:5-7, and you replied "that was before the Jews rejected Jesus." So I ask if that is your interpretation of the verses. Why not explain the verses rather than sidestepping it?

You didn't explain it.
Jesus told his disciples not to preach to gentiles now show. It is clear.
Now show me where God said that the scriptures is only for Jews?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
brocab:
See the problem is, I have been explaining to you all along, I have used other verses to help you understand the scriptures. since we have started the conversation, everyone in their right mind knows Matthew is just one chapter that lines up with other scriptures concerning this topic..If you know the answers, then explain-instead of mocking everything we write.
{John 10:16} And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. {Who are these, that doesn't belong to Jesus's fold?}
The common belief, as I understand it, is that this refers to the division between Jews and Gentiles. But when Jesus first sends out his disciples he specifically tells them not to preach to Gentiles {Matthew 10:5-6}
I could only suggest, While Jesus was with the 12 disciples, they weren't ready to receive the Holy Spirit, Of course Jesus knew Judas wasn't prepared to obey the commandments of God, the 12 were still in training to start His Church. And Jesus knew He already had 70-72 filled with the Holy Spirit preparing His way. just like John the Baptize he was filled with the Holy Spirit preparing the way for the Lord.
These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
In {Matthew 15:22-24} He certainly still kept this mindset, saying "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
When He speaks to the Samaritan woman at the well {John 4:4-7} it seems to be out of the necessity of thirst that He speaks to her (and it seems to be only out of necessity that He is in Samaria' at all)
While he does volunteer to help the Roman centurion (Matthew 8:5-13) this may have only been in deference to the authority that centurion seemed to be very keen on asserting.
We do know that he did change his mind on this matter, as at the end of his life (or rather after the end of it) He then commanded his disciples to preach to all the other nations {Matthew 28:18-20}
Not only Jesus that spoke outside the square, but the 70-72 spoke outside the square of Israel, while Jesus told the 12, to only preach to the Jews, but after the crucifix He told the 11 to preach to all the nations, Just like Jesus prepared Bahamas and Paul to preach outside the square.

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
If he was referring to Gentiles when he said "I have other sheep that are not of this fold", then he must have already by that time put aside the idea that he "was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".
Is there a text that suggests this? (If not, the idea he meant Gentiles must come from somewhere!) When in general does Jesus begin saying that his message should or will be preached to Gentiles?
So in short summary, why did Jesus say "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel"?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:51am On Mar 28, 2018
solite3:
Jesus told his disciples not to preach to gentiles now show. It is clear.
Now show me where God said that the scriptures is only for Jews?
Do you know who was referred to as "the chosen people"?

Mt. 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Mark 7:27 "Let the children first be fed, for it is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs."

Jesus did help Gentiles who approached Him and asked His help, but going to the Gentiles, seeking them out, was not His mission. It would be the mission of His Church. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations…” (Mt. 28:19)

Want to know when and how the Gentiles received the word of God? Read Acts 10 and 11.

It was also debated at the Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15). In Acts 15:1-5, when some of the converted Pharisees of Jerusalem discover the results of the first missionary journey of Paul, they urge that the Gentiles be taught to follow the Mosaic law. Recognizing the authority of the Jerusalem church, Paul and Barnabas go there to settle the question of whether Gentiles can embrace a form of Christianity that does not include some Jewish obligation such as circumcision ans subsequently, the dietary laws.

brocab:
Since you feel it is a waste of time, reading between verses-and of course you are Catholic and Catholic's do believe they have all the answers, then at least answer it the correct way
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2018
Since you feel it is a waste of time, reading between verses-and of course you are Catholic and Catholic's do believe they have all the answers, then at least answer it the correct way..
9inches:
So in short summary, why did Jesus say "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel"?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 3:06am On Mar 28, 2018
Jesus told His 12, only to preach to the house of Israel, was it because the 12 disciples were in training and they were not yet filled with the Holy Spirit, Jesus would of course had known the disciples were not ready to preach to the nations, {Judas for instants} they were not ready while Jesus was present in person-walking with them-the disciples received the Holy Spirit after Jesus had departed, not before.
{I don't know about you-but preaching the gospel without having the Holy Spirit in place-would be like someone twisting the Word of God and telling fairy tale stories, just like when I read up about the Catholic Church, I find myself in no mans land, the timing doesn't line up with the Word of God, and the disciples were already preaching to the Jews, before Paul was even on the seine preaching to the Gentiles}
Trying to preach the gospel without the Spirit of the Lord, is like telling God 'He made a mistake, "The Church had already began in {John 20:22} receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost {Acts 2:4} it is believed that Barnabas started the Gentile Church in Antioch, because of the Roman persecutions, against the believers..
Just like John the baptist-Jesus already had the 70-72 filled with the Spirit preparing His way preaching to the Jews and Gentiles, the 12 disciples were not actually with Jesus while Jesus spoke to a Samaritan woman at the well, must of confused His disciples, when they returned, and seen Jesus talking with her, Jesus did say: preach only to the lost sheep of Israel-notice the woman knew the Messiah is coming to save the Gentiles too.
I can only say with my own knowledge, if it's the case, why the disciples weren't allowed to preach the gospel to the Gentiles, is it because they were still babe's training to be Spirit filled men, Jesus knew they weren't ready to accept the Holy Spirit, when we read the scriptures-they were having trouble believing in Jesus, and we must believe, before we can receive-did these back street boys even know the Koran?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 4:49am On Mar 28, 2018
You haven't answered the question to {Matthew 10:5-6}
9inches:
Jesus did help Gentiles who approached Him and asked His help, but going to the Gentiles, seeking them out, was not His mission. It would be the mission of His Church. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations…” (Mt. 28:19)
{John 10:16} And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
9inches:
but going to the Gentiles, seeking them out, was not His mission.
{Then who are these, that does not belong to Jesus mission?}
The problem I am having with your answer is, it missed the point of Matthew completely, The disciples weren't allowed to preach the gospel to the Gentiles, "Why" they were babe's training to be Spirit filled men. We are no different we come as babe's training to be someone in Christ.
But look at the outcome after Jesus departed, these men were Spirit filled believers, the sick are healed, the blind now see, and the dead had raised.
9inches:

Mark 7:27 "Let the children first be fed, for it is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs."

Want to know when and how the Gentiles received the word of God? Read Acts 10 and 11.

It was also debated at the Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15). In Acts 15:1-5, when some of the converted Pharisees of Jerusalem discover the results of the first missionary journey of Paul, they urge that the Gentiles be taught to follow the Mosaic law. Recognizing the authority of the Jerusalem church, Paul and Barnabas go there to settle the question of whether Gentiles can embrace a form of Christianity that does not include some Jewish obligation such as circumcision ans subsequently, the dietary laws.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 28, 2018
9inches:

you still have not answered my question, where did God say that the scriptures is for Jews alone.

Jesus had to be preached to the Jews first because salvation was of the Jews not gentiles, it was when the Jews rejected him that he turned to the gentiles.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:14am On Mar 28, 2018
brocab:
You haven't answered the question to{Matthew 10:5-6}
Already answered: He sent them to the Israel only because they were the chosen people, not the Gentiles.

brocab:
{John 10:16} And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
Read: John 11:52, Isaiah 56:8, Jeremiah 23:3, Ezekiel 34:23, Ezekiel 37:24 and Micah 2:12.

brocab:
{Then who are these, that does not belong to Jesus mission?}
The problem I am having with your answer is, it missed the point of Matthew completely, The disciples weren't allowed to preach the gospel to the Gentiles, "Why" they were babe's training to be Spirit filled men. We are no different we come as babe's training to be someone in Christ.
But look at the outcome after Jesus departed, these men were Spirit filled believers, the sick are healed, the blind now see, and the dead had raised.
Wrong! Matthew 10:6 says "Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" because Matthew 15:24 says "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." That is your "Why".

Shocking, isn't it? cheesy
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
It is only shocking for you-is this your answer to {Matthew 10:5} Still you haven't completed your first request.
PROBLEM: Jesus told His disciples to “make disciples of all the nations” {Matthew. 28:19} because He had “other sheep ... which are not of this fold” {John 10:16} {Jesus already had Gentiles, lining up to believe}
Even the OT prophets declared that Jesus would be “a light to the Gentiles” {Isaiah 49:6}
The Samaritan woman knew the Messiah is coming..However, Jesus Himself instructed His disciples, “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.” {Matthew 10:5}
But yet Jesus went out of His way to minister to the woman of Samaria, while the disciples were with Him. {John 4}
Later, He affirmed, “I was not sent, except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” {Matthew 15:24}
SOLUTION: These apparently contradictory commands refer to two different periods.
It is true that Jesus’ original mission was to the Jews. But, the Scriptures testify that “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him” {John 1:11}
The official Jewish position was to reject Him as their Messiah, and to crucify Him {Matthew. 27; Mark 14; Luke 22; John 18} Therefore, it was after His crucifixion and resurrection that the mission of the disciples was to go to the nations, not before.
This was in fulfillment of prophecies about the Gentiles. Thus, the Apostle Paul could tell the Roman Christians that the Gospel was “To the Jew first, and also for the Greek” {Romans 1:16}
Because of their rejection of Jesus, the nation of Israel was cut off {Romans 11:19} but, when the subsequent “fullness of the Gentiles” {11:25} has been completed, then Israel will be grafted in again {11:23, 26} Of course, even though Jesus’ mission was officially to the Jews, He did not neglect Gentiles.
He healed the Syro-Phoenician woman’s daughter {Mark 7:24–30}
He told His disciples of His anticipated work (through them) among the Gentiles {John 10:16} and His Great Commission was to “make disciples of all the nations” {Matthew 28:18–20} But, both in order of priority and time, the message of Christ came first to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles.
It just tells us Peter wasn't the one that started the Catholic Church first..
9inches:

Already answered: He sent them to the Israel only because they were the chosen people, not the Gentiles.

Read: John 11:52, Isaiah 56:8, Jeremiah 23:3, Ezekiel 34:23, Ezekiel 37:24 and Micah 2:12.

Wrong! Matthew 10:6 says "Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" because Matthew 15:24 says "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." That is your "Why".

Shocking, isn't it? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 5:12am On Mar 30, 2018
brocab:
It is only shocking for you-is this your answer to {Matthew 10:5} Still you haven't completed your first request.
PROBLEM: Jesus told His disciples to “make disciples of all the nations” {Matthew. 28:19} because He had “other sheep ... which are not of this fold” {John 10:16} {Jesus already had Gentiles, lining up to believe}
Even the OT prophets declared that Jesus would be “a light to the Gentiles” {Isaiah 49:6}
The Samaritan woman knew the Messiah is coming..However, Jesus Himself instructed His disciples, “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.” {Matthew 10:5}
But yet Jesus went out of His way to minister to the woman of Samaria, while the disciples were with Him. {John 4}
Later, He affirmed, “I was not sent, except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” {Matthew 15:24}
SOLUTION: These apparently contradictory commands refer to two different periods.
It is true that Jesus’ original mission was to the Jews. But, the Scriptures testify that “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him” {John 1:11}
The official Jewish position was to reject Him as their Messiah, and to crucify Him {Matthew. 27; Mark 14; Luke 22; John 18} Therefore, it was after His crucifixion and resurrection that the mission of the disciples was to go to the nations, not before.
This was in fulfillment of prophecies about the Gentiles. Thus, the Apostle Paul could tell the Roman Christians that the Gospel was “To the Jew first, and also for the Greek” {Romans 1:16}
Because of their rejection of Jesus, the nation of Israel was cut off {Romans 11:19} but, when the subsequent “fullness of the Gentiles” {11:25} has been completed, then Israel will be grafted in again {11:23, 26} Of course, even though Jesus’ mission was officially to the Jews, He did not neglect Gentiles.
He healed the Syro-Phoenician woman’s daughter {Mark 7:24–30}
He told His disciples of His anticipated work (through them) among the Gentiles {John 10:16} and His Great Commission was to “make disciples of all the nations” {Matthew 28:18–20} But, both in order of priority and time, the message of Christ came first to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles.
It just tells us Peter wasn't the one that started the Catholic Church first..
After going all full circle, you seem have agreed and re-echoed to my point! Now you realize it was the disciples that considered taking the Word of God to the Gentiles, not Jesus nor anyone in the Old Testament. I hope you're now slowly realizing that to fully understand the scripture in its exegesis and hermeneutics, that you need the people who compiled the bible and authorized which book or letter should be regarded as Scripture and which should not make it into the finished bible.

A bible-only christian is like reading a quran-only muslim who disregards the sunna.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
9inches:
After going all full circle, you seem have agreed and re-echoed to my point!
Before you jump ahead of yourself-maybe you should be searching the scriptures about the 70 disciples, they were preparing Jesus's path, before the 12 started their ministry-were the 12 ready {We just need to look at Judas?} has everyone forgotten about the 70-72 disciples, filled with the Holy Spirit preaching the gospel to the nations, with signs and wonders and miracles already at work, every village the 70 entered, people knew Jesus is the Messiah, and He is coming.
9inches:
Now you realize it was the disciples that considered taking the Word of God to the Gentiles, not Jesus nor anyone in the Old Testament.
It was not only the 12-as you recall, matter of fact Jesus was preaching to the Gentiles all along, healing them and casting out demons-His 70 disciples were also filled with the Holy Spirit casting out demons and healing the sick, preaching to the Gentiles. It's commonsense these 70 preached in Samaria, before Jesus entered there-the women at the well, knew the Messiah is coming to save the gentiles.
{Matthew 10:5} However, Jesus Himself instructed His disciples, “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.”I believe this was the plan to save His own People, but Israel murdered Him.
Look at the story at the well, Jesus went out of His way to minister to the Gentile woman of Samaria, while the disciples were close by.
But Jesus never gave these same restrictions' to the 70. it was later-Paul actually preached to the Gentiles, while Peter was led to the Jews, "Peter was more concerned about the Mosaic Law, and it's rules and regulations, then he cared for the Gentiles, Peter was more concerned about circumcision and uncircumcised
He then commissioned the 70, giving them these instructions: And this is foundational. The 70 were to divide into pairs and visit all the places where Jesus was about to go. {Luke 10:3}
Jesus did speak of the great need for evangelism. {Luke 10:1–2}
The 70 were like lambs among wolves, surrounded by danger, they lived by faith {Luke 10:4}
The 70 were to carry no extra provisions. They carried the message of Jesus and didn’t need to be burdened down with material things.
The 70 were to greet no one along the road and not allow themselves to be sidetracked from the more important mission of evangelism.
Heal the sick {Luke 10:9} Jesus gave the 70 disciples specific authority to heal diseases and illness, It was as if the Great Physician had 70 interns making house calls. When the 70 returned to Jesus, they jubilantly recounted how they were able not only to heal diseases but to cast out demons as well {verse 17} The 70 were proclaiming the kingdom
The message of the 70 disciples was simple: “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” This was a clear-cut call to faith in the King who would soon visit each village.
Jesus then told the 70 (or 72) disciples that they might expect rejection in some villages {Luke 10:10} and He told them how to respond: publicly wipe the dust of that town from their feet {Luke 10:11, 9:5} proclaim the kingdom one more time, and warn them of coming judgment {Luke 10:12}
A similar commissioning had occurred with Jesus’ twelve apostles as the Lord sent them out to cure diseases and cast out demons {Matthew 10:1–42; Luke 9:1–6)
The main difference is that Jesus had told the Twelve that they were to preach in Galilee, avoiding Gentile areas and Samaria, but the 70 (or 72) were given no such restriction.
It is true that Jesus’ original mission was to the Jews. but the time flame had changed-the Scriptures testify that “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him” {John 1:11} "The official Jewish position was to reject Him as their Messiah, and to crucify Him {Matthew. 27; Mark 14; Luke 22; John 18}
Finely it was after His crucifixion and resurrection that the mission of the 11 disciples was to go to the nations.
Plus the story about the two of the 12 disciples rebuking someone on the road, a lone-ranger preaching the gospel and casting out demons in Jesus name.
{Mark 9:38-39} John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone else driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” But Jesus replied, “Do not stop him. No one who performs a miracle in My name can turn around and speak evil of Me.…
This person didn't walk with the 12, this lone-ranger filled with the Spirit of the Lord-acted upon the commandments Jesus had given him to make His paths straight.. If anyone was to start any Church-than one would think these 70-72 candidates in Jesus name-would have prepared some of the way for the 12, plus without the Holy Spirit, nothing was done right.
So about fully agreeing with you, "No" not yet..
9inches:
After going all full circle, you seem have agreed and re-echoed to my point! Now you realize it was the disciples that considered taking the Word of God to the Gentiles, not Jesus nor anyone in the Old Testament. I hope you're now slowly realizing that to fully understand the scripture in its exegesis and hermeneutics, that you need the people who compiled the bible and authorized which book or letter should be regarded as Scripture and which should not make it into the finished bible.

A bible-only christian is like reading a quran-only muslim who disregards the sunna.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2018
brocab:
Before you jump ahead of yourself-maybe you should be searching the scriptures about the 70 disciples, they were preparing Jesus's path, before the 12 started their ministry-were the 12 ready {We just need to look at Judas?} has everyone forgotten about the 70-72 disciples, filled with the Holy Spirit preaching the gospel to the nations, with signs and wonders and miracles already at work, every village the 70 entered, people knew Jesus is the Messiah, and He is coming.

It was not only the 12-as you recall, matter of fact Jesus was preaching to the Gentiles all along, healing them and casting out demons-His 70 disciples were also filled with the Holy Spirit casting out demons and healing the sick, preaching to the Gentiles. It's commonsense these 70 preached in Samaria, before Jesus entered there-the women at the well, knew the Messiah is coming to save the gentiles.
{Matthew 10:5} However, Jesus Himself instructed His disciples, “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.”I believe this was the plan to save His own People, but Israel murdered Him.
Look at the story at the well, Jesus went out of His way to minister to the Gentile woman of Samaria, while the disciples were close by.
But Jesus never gave these same restrictions' to the 70. it was later-Paul actually preached to the Gentiles, while Peter was led to the Jews, "Peter was more concerned about the Mosaic Law, and it's rules and regulations, then he cared for the Gentiles, Peter was more concerned about circumcision and uncircumcised
He then commissioned the 70, giving them these instructions: And this is foundational. The 70 were to divide into pairs and visit all the places where Jesus was about to go. {Luke 10:3}
Jesus did speak of the great need for evangelism. {Luke 10:1–2}
The 70 were like lambs among wolves, surrounded by danger, they lived by faith {Luke 10:4}
The 70 were to carry no extra provisions. They carried the message of Jesus and didn’t need to be burdened down with material things.
The 70 were to greet no one along the road and not allow themselves to be sidetracked from the more important mission of evangelism.
Heal the sick {Luke 10:9} Jesus gave the 70 disciples specific authority to heal diseases and illness, It was as if the Great Physician had 70 interns making house calls. When the 70 returned to Jesus, they jubilantly recounted how they were able not only to heal diseases but to cast out demons as well {verse 17} The 70 were proclaiming the kingdom
The message of the 70 disciples was simple: “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” This was a clear-cut call to faith in the King who would soon visit each village.
Jesus then told the 70 (or 72) disciples that they might expect rejection in some villages {Luke 10:10} and He told them how to respond: publicly wipe the dust of that town from their feet {Luke 10:11, 9:5} proclaim the kingdom one more time, and warn them of coming judgment {Luke 10:12}
A similar commissioning had occurred with Jesus’ twelve apostles as the Lord sent them out to cure diseases and cast out demons {Matthew 10:1–42; Luke 9:1–6)
The main difference is that Jesus had told the Twelve that they were to preach in Galilee, avoiding Gentile areas and Samaria, but the 70 (or 72) were given no such restriction.
It is true that Jesus’ original mission was to the Jews. but the time flame had changed-the Scriptures testify that “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him” {John 1:11} "The official Jewish position was to reject Him as their Messiah, and to crucify Him {Matthew. 27; Mark 14; Luke 22; John 18}
Finely it was after His crucifixion and resurrection that the mission of the 11 disciples was to go to the nations.
Plus the story about the two of the 12 disciples rebuking someone on the road, a lone-ranger preaching the gospel and casting out demons in Jesus name.
{Mark 9:38-39} John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone else driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” But Jesus replied, “Do not stop him. No one who performs a miracle in My name can turn around and speak evil of Me.…
This person didn't walk with the 12, this lone-ranger filled with the Spirit of the Lord-acted upon the commandments Jesus had given him to make His paths straight.. If anyone was to start any Church-than one would think these 70-72 candidates in Jesus name-would have prepared some of the way for the 12, plus without the Holy Spirit, nothing was done right.
So about fully agreeing with you, "No" not yet..
You not only agreed to my main point in your previous reply, you re-echoed it. So in as much as most of the verses you quoted above have nothing to do with the Gentiles, I have already in my previous posts mentioned how some Gentiles may have come in contact with Jesus. Just like the Canaanite woman put it, it's like eating the crumbs that fell from the master's table because the bread wasn't meant for them.
9inches:
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:08am On Apr 03, 2018
Finely I believe you are starting to learn the scriptures, I am agreeing with the Word of God-not to your echoing, you have been bouncing of the scriptures since we had started this conversation, it's the Word of God that had confused you, I am only a messenger delivering the message-I am not echoing of you, you were looking in the mirror bouncing of each other.
9inches:
So in as much as most of the verses you quoted above have nothing to do with the Gentiles
My page above has everything to do with the Gentiles, what your problem is, you don't believe anybody other then Peter's man made story.
Read and learn-{Galatians 5:2-12} “Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who receives circumcision that he is bound to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love.
You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him {Christ} who calls you.
A little leaven leavens the whole lump. I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view than mine; and he who is troubling you will bear his judgment, whoever he is.

Paul Confronts Peter, because Peter was teaching this false doctrine.
{Galatians 2:11-13} But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
As we can see, some of the 11 disciples have falling away from the truth.
{Matthew 28:14-20} Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
A good Question to ask: did Peter obey Jesus's commandments? Jesus didn't tell Peter to stop at Rome-Jesus said: go out unto all the nations, which means, don't stop and claim to be Pope, but go out to all the nations and make new disciples, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.
By Paul's statement in {Galatians 2} Peter was having trouble believing, even Barnabas was led astray, James and some of the others.
If Jesus only needed the 11-then why was Paul later called by Jesus to witness to the Gentiles, in scripture it proves Peter Barnabas James and some of the others were having disbelief, this is all the good many reasons why Jesus sent out the 70 disciples to reachout to the Gentiles, before the 12 had doubts.
9inches:

You not only agreed to my main point in your previous reply, you re-echoed it. So in as much as most of the verses you quoted above have nothing to do with the Gentiles, I have already in my previous posts mentioned how some Gentiles may have come in contact with Jesus. Just like the Canaanite woman put it, it's like eating the crumbs that fell from the master's table because the bread wasn't meant for them.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
brocab:
Finely I believe you are starting to learn the scriptures, I am agreeing with the Word of God-not to your echoing, you have been bouncing of the scriptures since we had started this conversation, it's the Word of God that had confused you, I am only a messenger delivering the message-I am not echoing of you, you were looking in the mirror bouncing of each other.

My page above has everything to do with the Gentiles, what your problem is, you don't believe anybody other then Peter's man made story.
Read and learn-{Galatians 5:2-12} “Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who receives circumcision that he is bound to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love.
You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him {Christ} who calls you.
A little leaven leavens the whole lump. I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view than mine; and he who is troubling you will bear his judgment, whoever he is.

Paul Confronts Peter, because Peter was teaching this false doctrine.
{Galatians 2:11-13} But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
As we can see, some of the 11 disciples have falling away from the truth.
{Matthew 28:14-20} Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
A good Question to ask: did Peter obey Jesus's commandments? Jesus didn't tell Peter to stop at Rome-Jesus said: go out unto all the nations, which means, don't stop and claim to be Pope, but go out to all the nations and make new disciples, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.
By Paul's statement in {Galatians 2} Peter was having trouble believing, even Barnabas was led astray, James and some of the others.
If Jesus only needed the 11-then why was Paul later called by Jesus to witness to the Gentiles, in scripture it proves Peter Barnabas James and some of the others were having disbelief, this is all the good many reasons why Jesus sent out the 70 disciples to reachout to the Gentiles, before the 12 had doubts.
You are not agreeing with the Word of God the way it's writers taught it. You are only agreeing with it the way Martin Luther wrongly taught it.

Jesus did not send anyone to the Gentiles when he was alive.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
9 inches, when I look at a verse, I don't just see that one verse, I see a bigger picture to that one verse, "And this is why, when one receives the Holy spirit, one can not just see one verse, but many verses lining up with each other.
This is why we are having trouble communicating, and this is why it is important to receive the spirit of the Lord, it's basely impossible to communicate with those who haven't received. The bible is actually confusing, to the unknown.
Sample: {John 11:25-26} Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”…
This verse above does not stop here, People are told if they just believe in Jesus, they are saved, "Wrong" I can walk into a junkies paradise, and ask then do they believe in Jesus-most of them say, they believed in God, many of them say, they were once saved, others say they believe something.
{Matthew 24: 12-14} Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.…
The point I am making here, I see a bigger picture in each verse-and the above verses says it as it sounds, it's so true, Jesus said: those who endure to the end are saved, not before the end, "No-one is saved on that day-when the parents or themselves had decided to make their commitment to Christ-this was only the beginning to live by faith, until the end of our time..
{James 2:18-19} But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!
Most Churches are told because of their infant baptism, or they had made a decision to be born again saved, and no-matter what sort of life they have chosen to live by, either if they go to Church every Sunday or not, they are already in heaven, people believe almost everything they are told by a Priest, Pastor, even the Pope said: atheist can go to heaven by their good works.
Jesus said: those who believe in Me will live, and then Jesus said: {Matthew 15:8-9} ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
This verse above reminds me, of: {Galatians 2:11-13} But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
Peter was teaching as doctrines the commandments of men, apostle Peter was not preaching the gospel Christ had commanded him to preach. So we have Paul preaching the truth, and we have Peter preaching the lie.
{Matthew 22:14} Many are called, but few are chosen. "This verse sure has a long life sting to it.
It's scary to think-who is saved. Man if WW3 started at any time soon, who would survive?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
You are working yourself up over nothing-it's always the same with you disbelievers, you expect us, to bow down to you, when in scripture you don't believe it yourselves, you are now telling me, the bible was written by Martin Luther-and not God?
{Luke 10:1-17}
1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.
4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’
6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you.
7 Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.
8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you.
9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
10 But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say,
11 ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’
12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
14 But it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you.
15 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.
16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”
17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.
”Is this story not written in your bible, that you refuse to believe-Who are the 70-72? That Jesus sent out while Jesus was alive?
Hypocrite "this is the same bible, you have quoted scripture from the beginning, since we have started any conversation, you have not produced another bible-you even told me I was echoing of you concerning the scriptures, "Hypocritical, it is impossible to echo of each other in scripture, if you haven't the knowledge to even understand how the bible is written, and who had written it.
9inches:
You are not agreeing with the Word of God the way it's writers taught it. You are only agreeing with it the way Martin Luther wrongly taught it.

Jesus did not send anyone to the Gentiles when he was alive.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
brocab:
You are working yourself up over nothing-it's always the same with you disbelievers, you expect us, to bow down to you, when in scripture you don't believe it yourselves, you are now telling me, the bible was written by Martin Luther-and not God?
{Luke 10:1-17}
1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.
4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’
6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you.
7 Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.
8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you.
9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
10 But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say,
11 ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’
12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
14 But it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you.
15 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.
16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”
17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.
”Is this story not written in your bible, that you refuse to believe-Who are the 70-72? That Jesus sent out while Jesus was alive?
Hypocrite "this is the same bible, you have quoted scripture from the beginning, since we have started any conversation, you have not produced another bible-you even told me I was echoing of you concerning the scriptures, "Hypocritical, it is impossible to echo of each other in scripture, if you haven't the knowledge to even understand how the bible is written, and who had written it.

Another blunder! The bible was NOT written by God. Those are the kind of things you learn from Martin Luther.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by goodnews777: 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
What has light got to do with darkness. Catholics are not Christians. The pope does not believe there is hell, preaches gays are ok, welcomes Muslims than Christians, has the spirit of Antichrist , believes you go to God through Mary , believe the dead can pray for you.. all unbiblical, heretical, ungodly and deceptive heathen practices.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2018
The hand of God wrote the 10 commandments on stone. And of course you disagree with this, only because you don't agree with two commandments, thru shalt not make any graven images, nor bow down to them.
The Spirit of the Lord inspired men to write down scriptures {Revelation 14:12-13} Here is a call for the endurance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus . And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead — those who die in the Lord from this moment on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “- they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.”
{Revelation 21:5} And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.”
Even Jesus quoted scriptures from the Old Testament. People didn’t follow Jesus only because of his miracles—they also followed him because he knew how to handle the Old Testament: there were many Old Testament books Jesus quoted from: Exodus Jesus references the burning bush incident when explaining the resurrection {Exodus 3:6; Matthew 22:32; Mark 12:26; Luke 20:37}
He recalls the Ten Commandments when telling a rich man how to enter the kingdom of God {Exodus 20:12–16; Matthew 19:18–19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20}
This is your own blunder, you have just announce you haven't a clue about nothing concerning God, the scriptures were written by inspired men of God, in this case, "No scripture would have been written down, if God wasn't in the picture..
9inches:

Another blunder! The bible was NOT written by God. Those are the kind of things you learn from Martin Luther.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:50am On Apr 04, 2018
brocab:
The hand of God wrote the 10 commandments on stone. And of course you disagree with this, only because you don't agree with two commandments, thru shalt not make any graven images, nor bow down to them.
The Spirit of the Lord inspired men to write down scriptures {Revelation 14:12-13} Here is a call for the endurance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus . And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead — those who die in the Lord from this moment on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “- they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.”
{Revelation 21:5} And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.”
Even Jesus quoted scriptures from the Old Testament. People didn’t follow Jesus only because of his miracles—they also followed him because he knew how to handle the Old Testament: there were many Old Testament books Jesus quoted from: Exodus Jesus references the burning bush incident when explaining the resurrection {Exodus 3:6; Matthew 22:32; Mark 12:26; Luke 20:37}
He recalls the Ten Commandments when telling a rich man how to enter the kingdom of God {Exodus 20:12–16; Matthew 19:18–19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20}
This is your own blunder, you have just announce you haven't a clue about nothing concerning God, the scriptures were written by inspired men of God, in this case, "No scripture would have been written down, if God wasn't in the picture..
You've been caught in a lie and you're trying to change the goal posts in the middle of the game. God did not write the bible, humans did.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:29am On Apr 04, 2018
Don't take this to heart bro-but Pope Francis is only a small piece of the puzzle, not only him-but I have heard protestants agree with Pope Francis, the Word of Faith movement, Kenneth Copeland etc..had joined the campaign, calling every protestant, religion cults back to the Catholic Church, under the control of the new world order.
All we can do, is pray, that our flight may not be in winter..“Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. Besides Pope Francis How many false Christ's have come and gone?
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
We just need to turn on the television to watch Isis, or even better in most Churches we find gossips and busybodies betraying each other.
Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
Christians are already refusing the Word of God, let alone, hating one another-this forum shows us the love of many had growing cold.
“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Watch therefore, because people will say come to my Church, because Christ is moving there, or come to this tent meeting, because the spirit of the Lord is moving here. Some say the dead had risen, the blind now see, and the sick are healed. Word of Faith-Benny Hinn won't even look at you, unless the cash is flowing his way..
goodnews777:
What has light got to do with darkness. Catholics are not Christians. The pope does not believe there is hell, preaches gays are ok, welcomes Muslims than Christians, has the spirit of Antichrist , believes you go to God through Mary , believe the dead can pray for you.. all unbiblical, heretical, ungodly and deceptive heathen practices.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:22am On Apr 04, 2018
So this was a trick question, from a two year old?
You claimed I had lied, about what? This is funny, so you actually believe in a man made doctrine, that wasn't inspired by God, to write.
So you believe-unbelieving non Spiritual humans wrote the bible, without God's Spirit in the picture.
So Martin Luther didn't write my bible, as you had claimed before hand.
So what you are saying the bible was never written by God, but humans acting in the flesh.
And where are these humanised Holy scriptures, only can be found in the Vatican "right.
Since you believe the bible is a lie from the beginning-and it isn't a God given book-then why do you use the bible, to prove you are a hypocrite.
God wrote the 10 commandments-why? because He wanted His people to study and practice them-God's Spirit used inspired men, to write the manuscripts, God inspired, men to prophesy, to evangelise, to teach, become pastors, priest, God inspired His people to spread His Word across the nations.
And you refuse to believe the bible was written by God.. You told me you were a Christian, you lied..
9inches:
You've been caught in a lie and you're trying to change the goal posts in the middle of the game. God did not write the bible, humans did.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2018
brocab:
So this was a trick question, from a two year old?
You claimed I had lied, about what? This is funny, so you actually believe in a man made doctrine, that wasn't inspired by God, to write.
So you believe-unbelieving non Spiritual humans wrote the bible, without God's Spirit in the picture.
So Martin Luther didn't write my bible, as you had claimed before hand.
So what you are saying the bible was never written by God, but humans acting in the flesh.
And where are these humanised Holy scriptures, only can be found in the Vatican "right.
Since you believe the bible is a lie from the beginning-and it isn't a God given book-then why do you use the bible, to prove you are a hypocrite.
God wrote the 10 commandments-why? because He wanted His people to study and practice them-God's Spirit used inspired men, to write the manuscripts, God inspired, men to prophesy, to evangelise, to teach, become pastors, priest, God inspired His people to spread His Word across the nations.
And you refuse to believe the bible was written by God.. You told me you were a Christian, you lied..
Aren't you proud anymore to believe in a man made doctrine of Luther? Do you want to join me to profess the faith of the Apostles?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2018
goodnews777:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBkKoYC2-8?t=5s
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 4:51am On Apr 05, 2018
We don't profess the faith of the apostles, we profess to God..
{Hebrews 10:23} Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
Luther didn't write the bible, he studied it, Luther found the many miss quoted scriptures, the Catholic Church are still practicing today. And the argument Luther had with the Catholic Church still stands. "Amen" I thank God.
Jesus said: “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
God reminds us in His Word to “watch out,” “beware,” to stay awake. He knows and understands how difficult it can be to fight this spiritual battle. Sometimes It may seem harder to recognize what’s true or what’s false. What’s light and what’s dark.
And at the heart of the battle we face every day, is a real enemy who prowls around seeking someone to devour, they will stop at nothing to gain new ground, their forces have quoted God’s words since the beginning of time, twisting it, trying their best to manipulate truth, their main goal only to deceive and lead astray.
Watch therefore" the Catholic Church may devour you, corner you into a corner, and the weak may not return.
They know who God is and the Bible says they “shudder” in fear at His name. {James 2:19}
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” {1 Corinthians 16:13}
9inches:
Aren't you proud anymore to believe in a man made doctrine of Luther? Do you want to join me to profess the faith of the Apostles?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 5:20am On Apr 05, 2018
This guy left the Church because he was never a born again believer in the first place.
Jesus said: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: But when the sun rose, the seedlings were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. {Matthew 13:5-6}
And this-you don't understand-God calls us into His Kingdom, this man had come in another way, without God inviting him.
{2 Thessalonians 2:5-6} The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkAGqZTL-q4
9inches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBkKoYC2-8?t=5s
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 5:40am On Apr 05, 2018
This one is a ripper! And it's so true..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FPcQT5yQo
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 5:50am On Apr 05, 2018
brocab:
We don't profess the faith of the apostles, we profess to God..
{Hebrews 10:23} Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
Luther didn't write the bible, he studied it, Luther found the many miss quoted scriptures, the Catholic Church are still practicing today. And the argument Luther had with the Catholic Church still stands. "Amen" I thank God.
Jesus said: “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
God reminds us in His Word to “watch out,” “beware,” to stay awake. He knows and understands how difficult it can be to fight this spiritual battle. Sometimes It may seem harder to recognize what’s true or what’s false. What’s light and what’s dark.
And at the heart of the battle we face every day, is a real enemy who prowls around seeking someone to devour, they will stop at nothing to gain new ground, their forces have quoted God’s words since the beginning of time, twisting it, trying their best to manipulate truth, their main goal only to deceive and lead astray.
Watch therefore" the Catholic Church may devour you, corner you into a corner, and the weak may not return.
They know who God is and the Bible says they “shudder” in fear at His name. {James 2:19}
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” {1 Corinthians 16:13}

You don't profess God, you profess a faith. English! cool

How are you sure Luther wasn't the false prophet you are warned about since he threw away some parts of the Scripture, the Word of God and made your bible incomplete?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 6:30am On Apr 05, 2018
brocab:
This guy left the Church because he was never a born again believer in the first place.
Jesus said: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: But when the sun rose, the seedlings were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. {Matthew 13:5-6}
And this-you don't understand-God calls us into His Kingdom, this man had come in another way, without God inviting him.
{2 Thessalonians 2:5-6} The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkAGqZTL-q4
He left because he found the Truth. He used to convert unfaithful Catholics to protestantism until he realized the lie Martin Luther had sold. He then started reading about the early Christians like Apostles of Christ and the people that learned directly from them. He found out that all the way from the Apostles to present, the Catholic Church has been one and the same.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
You really don't know much about Steve Ray-now do you? Steve Ray taught studies on evangelization, he always had people in his home, he welcome the Mormons and Jehovah's Witness missionaries, Atheists, New-agers, he said the Catholics were always a target for evangelism, he knew the best arguments to unleash Bible verses on anyone of them. He said: Catholics were usually pretty easy to pick off the tree. They didn't know the Bible and from our perspective had no idea how to get saved. He said: the Catholic's prayed to Mary instead of Jesus, got to heaven by works instead of faith, followed tradition instead of the Bible — in everything they were upside down.
The above story-doesn't sound the way you have labeled this man, if God is in the picture, He can use this, and turn Steve Ray around for God's kingdom, Steve Ray knew the ins and out's about the Catholic's, he witness to them, and all of a sudden he joins them?
Something doesn't add up-either God had sent Steve Ray into the Catholic Church to win souls, or Steve Ray didn't know God in the first place.
Never estimate God, if He is in this Picture, then-Steve Ray maybe the next Martin Luther returning from the dead.
This is what Jesus said: {2 Thessalonians 2:1-3} Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first.
Maybe God's using Steve Ray to help lead the Catholic's out of slavery-never estimate God-He can, and He will, use those who are willing.
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first. God is separating His sheep away from the wolves, the tares from the wheat, and the strong from the weak-first Judgement day starts within the Church.
But if God isn't in this picture concerning Steve Ray, then you have nothing to worry about, if Christ was really on this mans heart-it's almost impossible to run off in the other direction. And if this guy left God because he believes bowing down to Mary-will save his soul-then he was never a born again saved believer in the first place.
9inches:

He left because he found the Truth. He used to convert unfaithful Catholics to protestantism until he realized the lie Martin Luther had sold. He then started reading about the early Christians like Apostles of Christ and the people that learned directly from them. He found out that all the way from the Apostles to present, the Catholic Church has been one and the same.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
9inches:
Here you go again, getting yourself all worked up over nothing, nasty is your game, don't expect the darkness that is in you, to mix with the light that is in me, you haven't yet come up with anything positive since we have started these conversions, if you were expecting me to follow suit with you, don't expect the unexpected.
Trying to learn something from you is difficult, every time I think you may have something, you close it down, you change and blame Martin Luther? If you really want me to listen to you, then come up with something positive, directing me to Catholic sites-doesn't produce any evidence that actually lines up with any of the subjects we are focusing on.
Until you can come up with some evidence to prove your Church really exist, and it lines up with the Word of God-then you and I haven't anything in common-and you are either talking through your backside-or you haven't the slightest idea-which direction you need to go and find the truth..So far, you haven't produced any truth on any subject you have produced..
Every time I see these video's on you tube, it brings back memories, I could remember their teachings in the Catholic Church, as I witness to the Catholic's I can see' how difficult it must be for them, not having that direct line to God, Catholic's will always find fault in bible knowledge, but when its against the Roman Catholic Church their behaviour turns out to be like this video below-this cartoon is quite interesting, and very knowledgeable, the statue was leading the grandmother into Hell, and it would have exceeded, if one of God's disciple's didn't show her the written truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FPcQT5yQo
9inches:

You don't profess God, you profess a faith. English! cool

How are you sure Luther wasn't the false prophet you are warned about since he threw away some parts of the Scripture, the Word of God and made your bible incomplete?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply)

How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) / Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.