Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (122344 Views)

Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 23, 2015
Reddit:

I can confirm to you that they do eat donkey in a state called Ebonyi in the East, in short that's their major source of meat.

You guys are doing a great job out there. Massive respect.

May God continue to bless your hustle.

Ewww @ Jaki meat. Thanks for this info sir. Whenever I visit the east, I will be on fish all through... Amen to your prayers sir. Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by denis217: 6:08am On Apr 23, 2015
Good morning Ma, i noticed that you have refused to respond to my comments and questions. But it baffles me why you would choose to ignore a potential customer in your line of business. It really does not speak well of your business approach. Well since that's how you choose to embarrass me on your post, it is well. Shallom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Reddit: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2015
Catered4:

Ewww @ Jaki meat. Thanks for this info sir. Whenever I visit the east, I will be on fish all through... Amen to your prayers sir. Thank you.

Don't get it twisted, not all states in the east. Just Ebonyi I know of.
That's the way forward when you're in that state. Fish!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2015
Reddit:

Don't get it twisted, not all states in the east. Just Ebonyi I know of.
That's the way forward when you're in that state. Fish!

Fish only ooo

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2015
denis217:
Good morning Ma, i noticed that you have refused to respond to my comments and questions. But it baffles me why you would choose to ignore a potential customer in your line of business. It really does not speak well of your business approach. Well since that's how you choose to embarrass me on your post, it is well. Shallom

I'm very sorry sir. Please I didnt see your post. Let me go through the post again sir. E jo ema binu

13 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by nikaShow(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2015
Let me jump in this thread!

Op, more grease to your elbow as you continue to share, you are inspiring us !
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Rich4god(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2015
@op... Did u do all these tour in one day abi its a collection of ur pix over some period of time...
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
denis217

Good day sir,
Sorry for the late response again. I had to go to my husband's land where he stored the Hide n skin in other for you to understand my explanation with pictures sir. The hide n Skin is being sold according to the weight and not the size. Its the weight that determines how much it will be when it goes through the process of cooking... One light one is N6000 and the heavy one is N7000. There are also smaller ones (in bits), as in ori malu (cow head) that starts from 400 naira to 500naira. Wheres your location sir? I have some samples in my office in lagos.

Picture 1--------------This hide n skin I'm carrying is N6000 for one
Picture 2--------------This hide n skin I'm carrying is N7000 for one
Picture 3--------------Lol, my lil girl n I. We run the business together
Picture 4--------------Ori malu (cow head) starting from 400 naira to 500 naira.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
Rich4god:
@op... Did u do all these tour in one day abi its a collection of ur pix over some period of time...

Hello sir,

I started my tour last week thursday and I will be rounding up on sunday by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
nikaShow:
Let me jump in this thread!

Op, more grease to your elbow as you continue to share, you are inspiring us !

You are welcome sir, Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
Catered4:
denis217

Good day sir,
Sorry for the late response again. I had to go to my husband's land where he stored the Hide n skin in other for you to understand my explanation with pictures sir. The hide n Skin is being sold according to the weight and not the size. Its the weight that determines how much it will be when it goes through the process of cooking... One light one is N6000 and the heavy one is N7000. There are also smaller ones (in bits), as in ori malu (cow head) that starts from 400 naira to 500naira. Wheres your location sir? I have some samples in my office in lagos.

Picture 1--------------This hide n skin I'm carrying is N6000 for one
Picture 2--------------This hide n skin I'm carrying is N7000 for one
Picture 3--------------Lol, my lil girl n I. We run the business together
Picture 4--------------Ori malu (cow head) starting from 400 naira to 500 naira.

Is the hide skin to be cooked or for something else?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Is the hide skin to be cooked or for something else?

Yes sir.
It will go through some process of cooking before it can become the pomo you do see in the market. This is just the raw one, not yet finished.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Catered4:

Yes sir.
It will go through some process of cooking before it can become the pomo you do see in the market. This is just the raw one, not yet finished.

Wow . . . I thought the ponmo was from fresh cow and them burnt and cooked BUT never knew it was like this now . . . Kai, thanks for the response, Ma

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by dewale2k: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Catered4:
RAMS

These rams are 15k upward. It all depend on the size

during sallah dis RAM will be sold for 60k

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
dewale2k:

during sallah dis RAM will be sold for 60k

Exactly sir
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Wow . . . I thought the ponmo was from fresh cow and them burnt and cooked BUT never knew it was like this now . . . Kai, thanks for the response, Ma

Its from fresh cow, even some get theirs from Rakumi (Ram). The skin is being sun dried, burnt and cooked. Mali has abundant hide n skin compared to Nigeria.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nafikowa: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Catered4:

Yea some part of Enugu state too eat jaki.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nafikowa:

Yea some part of Enugu state too eat jaki.

I will be in enugu may ending. I will just stick to fish only.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nafikowa: 3:53am On Apr 24, 2015
Catered4:

I will be in enugu may ending. I will just stick to fish only.

Hahahahaha, so you don't mistakenly, jokingly or otherwise chop jaki meat abi, a beg stick to fish jare.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by dokyOloye: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2015
Reddit:

I can confirm to you that they do eat donkey in a state called Ebonyi in the East, in short that's their major source of meat.

You guys are doing a great job out there. Massive respect.

May God continue to bless your hustle.
Major source of meat?
Na wa for U ooo,restrict Ur mouth to what U know.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2015
Nafikowa:

Hahahahaha, so you don't mistakenly, jokingly or otherwise chop jaki meat abi, a beg stick to fish jare.

Ha, I no fit chop Jaki meat ooo even camel sef, I no fit. In the north, when I want to buy meat, I do ask of camel meat. When they point at it, I will then ask of cow meat and they will point at cow meat. I will price both the camel and cow meat, then I will tell the meat seller to give me cow meat. That way, I wont be given camel meat.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
BINDAWA, KATSINA STATE

DRY PEPPER

1 Bag---------- 10,000
Labour, Bag and Transportation----------1350

TOTAL---------11,350

Now is a very good time to stock up dry pepper...

Picture 1 and 2----- Dry pepper being packed
Picture 3----- The dry pepper on its way to the car park

More pictures coming up soon

1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by binie: 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Catered4:

Lol, I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing jare. They are fresh tomatoe direct from the farm.

Are you by chance Lolas sister?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
binie:

Are you by chance Lolas sister?

shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by kelvin1191(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
Catered4:

hahaha! You only eat fish but the soup/stew is prepared with jaki meat. I only take snacks whenever am around obollo-afor area. Its not all eastern states o.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
kelvin1191:

hahaha! You only eat fish but the soup/stew is prepared with jaki meat. I only take snacks whenever am around obollo-afor area. Its not all eastern states o.

Ha, this is another one ooo. Since I'm spending just 2 days, I will just stick to Snacks. Thanks...
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by tociano009(m): 8:57am On Apr 25, 2015
God will surely Elevate you

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by chomchom1(f): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2015
Pls I need to buy and start selling it here at east.. Pls how much is one bag of onion and dry fish... U wil also sent it to me undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:

Ha, this is another one ooo. Since I'm spending just 2 days, I will just stick to Snacks. Thanks...

hahaha. You don't need to worry it is not as common as it appears. If I remember correctly the jaki meat are actually fried and sold in show-case. What are things you want to buy from the east or are you going to sell your goods there?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by louiskay(m): 9:05am On Apr 25, 2015
see how industrious and hardworking northerners are....

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2015
You hustle more than most men .more grease to your elbows for being an asset not a liability

16 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Demmzy15(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2015
Even though I'm a yoruba, I love Zamfara and Katsina States because they're one of the most peaceful Northern States! No riots, no bokoharam.

Alhamdullahi, Allahu AKBAR! grin cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.