Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (122127 Views)

Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by olubori1(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2015
u av inspired me to follow my passion, I need to start planning

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by peetayo: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2015
Belexy:

Fhemmy, u dey here also shocked

Lol, na so me too Waka come o
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by otiigba1(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2015
Brilliant! @op if you ever wants an investor? Here i am
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2015
I am excited at this Ma. May God bless your hustle. May I contact you anytime I wish to know more? Sincerely.

Catered4:

Ewww @ Jaki meat. Thanks for this info sir. Whenever I visit the east, I will be on fish all through... Amen to your prayers sir. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Obynolee(f): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2015
40dogzz:
Nice job i most say. pls will this biz move in abuja well? And can 1 start with 60,000 thousand naira?

Didn't you think that it will be wiser for you to do a research on that?,is she in Abuja?;at least she has given you a hint(where to get the product cheap)if you are interested reseach on it both where you want to sell it and where you want to source the product,in that case you wouldn't be going into the business blindly.Our problem is that we want to get everything on a platter of gold.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by DExplorer1: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2015
Manweysabi:
All those Samsung Galaxy, Brazilian hair, Tantalizers ladies no dey visit this kind thread. Na romance section dem dey. undecided
You people and romance section. . .so quick to mention but you keep visiting?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2015
. . . . . . .this thread has been endorsed by the blue blooded torkaka grin . . . . . . .wish all these brazilian hair attaching, Iphone using, sharwama eating and chewing gum chewing city big girls can visit this thread and see what a real woman is all about . . . . . . VERY IMPRESSED

13 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2015
stagger:
This is what a family life should be like, husband and wife working in agreement and in unison to achieve the common family goal. OP, keep it up. God will bless your family and marriage.

Make we no mind all these useless girls wey full ABJ, always asking for credit and the latest phones and cash... angry angry angry

My brother Thanks 4 this comment. No mind dem oloshis

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Obynolee(f): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:

Ewww @ Jaki meat. Thanks for this info sir. Whenever I visit the east, I will be on fish all through... Amen to your prayers sir. Thank you.

See how you reason,he just mentioned a state in the East and you generalise it

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Noah69: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2015
@OP @catered4 how long does it take you to bring the stuff to Lagos?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by DExplorer1: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2015
Some men to their wife, gonna be like. . . I think this woman needs to be productive (not only producing babies). LOL

@OP. I'm beginning to think all job seekers should find a skill in agriculture. Also, to business owners. . .investing could be a great idea as most ROI takes between 80-90% profit. I'm taking a path soon.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2015
Obynolee:

See how you reason,he just mentioned a state in the East and you generalise it
U be idiot,y talk like that to the woman?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2015
lestat:
@OP after reading this I get up and stare at my fiancée who is always about human hair this, spar day that, ..and now she wants a samsung galaxy S6 next week blah,blah blah and I have a deep rethink... angry

Bro, just dump the gold digger abeg. The likes of OP is just 2 rare 2 come by nowadays.

Op more grease 2 your elbow. God bless your hussle and family.

I wish all these grubbing ladies can learn from OP. Perhaps their call may not be agriculture but like d white people always say that What is Worth doing @ all, is worth doing well.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2015
Good,the North can be rich through agriculture, I think the best way is for all Nigerians to come together and help one another,the issue of boko boys will be a thing of the past with our new general on the helm.

Woow,cow skin.. Mali is the capital of export and we take it for granted here.

One love Nigeria. Peace on earth.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by ugoezeik(m): 11:05am On Apr 25, 2015
madam pls hw can I get ur contact or ur hubby own pls I wan mk u teach me dis biz
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Sunymoore(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2015
Yeah.. The North is a hotspot for agricultural products... Just few days ago, my mom bought bag of onions for 3. 7k
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by chyket(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2015
Keep it up Madam,I love threads like this because it's educative,uplifting and encouraging.
It will also help a lot of unemployed Nigerians to refocus their minds from seeking employment to becoming an entrepreneur.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by cronsberg: 11:15am On Apr 25, 2015
And they say the north doesn't contribute anything to nigeria. We f*$ckng feed the nation mehn. I counted with my own two eyes 31 trailers loaded with cattle heading down east from the mambila plateau in taraba state(its like that every single day). Even greater numbers of cattle trailers leave mubi and ganye(adamawa state) every day. Talk about the hundreds of trailers carrying everything from maize to tomato, to wheat, to onions, to rams and goats. Most of the dangote sugar you consume is farmed in the north. Did i talk about cotton? Rice? Beans? Even exotic fruits like apples, pears, carrots, berries, guava e.t.c If you know the multiplier effect of all these industries and the subsequent tax they pay, you will know they contribute a great deal to nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by slimfit1(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2015
I know half of this tomatoes would end up in the bin, why don't you package them in a sobo packet and store in a freezer blended.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by GodMode: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Good,the North can be rich through agriculture, I think the best way is for all Nigerians to come together and help one another,the issue of boko boys will be a thing of the past with our new general on the helm.

Woow,cow skin.. Mali is the capital of export and we take it for granted here.

One love Nigeria. Peace on earth.

The north is already rich, look at the amount products in her pictures then imagine the amount of farmers.

But, its just like the dog business.. All one needs is a male and female goat, cow/bull, donkey e.t.c and the business will boom..

My female dog gives birth to 6 puppies twice yearly..

Imagine having ranch with goats, bull, cows e.t.c.

This business will be very profitable in the south.. Cos there is abundance of grass and weed..

If south takes agriculture seriously... The north will go out of business.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2015
God bless you ma and ur hubby, I feel more determined and zealous after going through all your post and comments, now I have no reason for failure!

beside that, abeg make God no forget add hard work for my future wife ooo!

once again, GOD bless you and your family INJ
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Orubebe01: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2015
Forano
lala247
rokiatu
nneka123
U people are highly needed here.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by miqos02(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2015
Belexy:

Fhemmy, u dey here also shocked
doctor na wa for u oh, u dob reach here too?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by bossGeh(f): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2015
Nice thread Ma'am, God bless your hustle and family. Lots of opportunities out there especially in the agricultural sector but most youths wanna become oil workers, politicians etc.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Obynolee(f): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:

Thanks for the information,how much does 50kg of onions cost in Aliero?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Liadi2(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2015
I think we need to refer our girlfriend to this tread so that de can see Wat dere mate re doing

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by hamzeiy: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2015
GodMode:

The north is already rich, look at the amount products in her pictures then imagine the amount of farmers.

But, its just like the dog business.. All one needs is a male and female goat, cow/bull, donkey e.t.c and the business will boom..

My female dog gives birth to 6 puppies twice yearly..

Imagine having ranch with goats, bull, cows e.t.c.

This business will be very profitable in the south.. Cos there is abundance of grass and weed..

If south takes agriculture seriously... The north will go out of business.

nawa oh...see d dimension ds wan carry d whole thing too...pple ar hia encouraging each other all you can get from this tread is how the north should go out of bizness nd who told you goats or cows giv birth like dogs...hmmm your ignorance has even ssid it all...bros..u go old die ur children go old..die and north wud still b in business...we have suffered hatered frm pple like you bt hia we are biger and stronger.....if d tin day pain you go hang ur self...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by suyamasta(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2015
This is great! @Op tnx for sharing such useful and vital info! i am inspired to start something similar when am done with service
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by miqos02(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2015
peetayo:

Lol, na so me too Waka come o
u waka reach here too
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by jamace(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2015
Good job. Success for your hustle, madam.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by gemiclem(m): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2015
am from akwa ibom,my mum goes to kano to buy onions but she takes at least 10 litres if palm oil to sell there also,,,is it true that the northern part of Nigeria don't have palm oil?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by kachnov(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2015
cronsberg:
And they say the north doesn't contribute anything to nigeria. We f*$ckng feed the nation mehn. I counted with my own two eyes 31 trailers loaded with cattle heading down east from the mambila plateau in taraba state(its like that every single day). Even greater numbers of cattle trailers leave mubi and ganye(adamawa state) every day. Talk about the hundreds of trailers carrying everything from maize to tomato, to wheat, to onions, to rams and goats. Most of the dangote sugar you consume is farmed in the north. Did i talk about cotton? Rice? Beans? Even exotic fruits like apples, pears, carrots, berries, guava e.t.c If you know the multiplier effect of all these industries and the subsequent tax they pay, you will know they contribute a great deal to nigeria.

Well said,during the elections in phc,not even a single water melon mallam in my neighborhood. Now I'm glad they're all back and fruits is in abundance .
We all need each other in Nigeria,let's move away from ethnicity ànd tribalism and explore the potentials of our diversity .@ catered4 God bless you and your supportive family.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.