Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin (40711 Views)

Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) / Start Oil Exploration In Benue - Buhari Orders NNPC / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by ShowYourCertificate: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
icelord:
showyourcertificate, firefire, Severussnapes, truckpusher and temitemi1 are one of the biggest fools on nairaland
And you are? Classify yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by SeverusSnape(m): 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
omenka:
Uncross those fingers jor. The gentleman is gonna disappoint all yall. grin
I hope he does... cheesy
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Nigeria have wasted millions of dollars in a wild goose chase for oil in the chad basin in the past. The search for oil in the basin is a political decision rather than an economic or scientific decision. It's a waste of the little resources we have.

Chad is exporting oil from Lake Chad Basin via Cameroun. Nigeria wants to explore oil from thesame Lake Chad Basin, and you say its "political", hows that? Besides we are talking of NNPC here, do u know how much of the "wasted millions of dollars" found its way to corrupt politicians pockets? If money meant for this purpose was actually used and not being siphoned by "ogas @ the top", oil would have been found by now. I trust GMB would redress that.
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by nkeona(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
That would be a nice move Baba. Am sick and tired of Igbos feeling pompous and claiming They own the oil in the south. Am sick of them Trying to break free and form their Biafra.
Here is an Advice baba,as soon as our oil is Found and refineries gets built, empower agriculture, mining,and education then Give those Igbos what they want BIAFRA!!!
igbophobia

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by icelord(m): 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
And you are? Classify yourself.
I really don't talk much... just says what's on my mind.. been reading the shits u guys post.. on other threads.... I must confess.. u guys are something else.... I pray God helps thy thinking
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by tweeby: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
That would be a nice move Baba. Am sick and tired of Igbos feeling pompous and claiming They own the oil in the south. Am sick of them Trying to break free and form their Biafra.
Here is an Advice baba,as soon as our oil is Found and refineries gets built, empower agriculture, mining,and education then Give those Igbos what they want BIAFRA!!!
God bless u. U spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by islandmoon: 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I no blame una! It's the South South/South East political elite i blame!!....They roll over and accept all the rubbish these 'owners of Nigeria' throw at them like neutered little shih-tzus!

Resource control bill shouldn't be passed.....not until the parasitic north says so abi? We down south are effectively weighed-down by this north, and can't progress as fast as we could when dragging along this kind of dead weight!

This charade of a country makes me sick!!!

Do you think you can even run a successful government in the south south?
Tout everywhere
Street cult and militants everywhere
All you hear is our oil, our oil, our land, everywhere is potopoto swamp and bad street roads, swimming pools everywhere, if not for amaechi, you guys would have remain in stone age, you are not even united!
Submarine /under ground drilling equipments are been used in drilling oil undersea and you are here shouting, what do you know? Mtchewww the more you look the less you see!

Check out how you guys behaved during election, it was a show of shame.
Please ensure you educated your youth, get them of the street and stop them from doing Tmarine, hire assassin , robbers, local government tout on the high way ,
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by omenka(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I hope he does... cheesy
Just believe bro. He will. smiley
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
But first Chad need to hand to us those Nigerian towns they seized "from Boko Haram" abi?

See why our enemies (America and her allies) would be plotting our General's removal maybe even before being sworn in or very soon after.
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ralphlauren(m): 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
There's no oil at the Chad basin.

That's the sad reality the northerners don't want to accept.

They shouldn't waste anymore finding what's not there.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by poiu77: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
shocked

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by ShowYourCertificate: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

"Oil reserves exist in the Chad
basin, which is centered in lake Chad which is surrounded by Niger, Cameroon, Chad and Nigeria. Chad is an exporter of oil which runs in 1070 km pipelines through Cameroon.

Nigeria’s exploration of oil from the Basin which extends through Yobe, Borno and Adamawa States have been hindered by Boko Haram insurgency which deliberately hampers commercial exploration. Oil has been discovered in Lake Chad but terrorism continues to push forward the mission of. Nigeria
to start drilling for commercial
quantities.

“Vanguard learnt that the various technical personnel who provided support services for exploration activities have left the region from fear of being killed, while geologists in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), also shunned the volatile Basin in Borno State for fear of losing their lives.”

According to E&P mag: “Hopes of stepping up oil exploration in Nigeria’s Lake Chad Basin have been dashed by the brutal attacks of Islamic Boko Haram and the Ansaru sect terrorists in the country’s northeastern region.

Between 2011 and 2013 the Nigerian government provided $240 million to facilitate oil and gas exploration activities in the Lake Chad Basin and other northern hydrocarbon basins, including the Benue Trough, Bida Basin and the Sokoto-Rima Basin in northern Nigeria, said Jerry Gana, a former minister of information and chairman of the Northern Economic Summit.

Oil prospecting in the Lake Chad Basin was “yielding promising results and may lead to commercial exploration of oil and gas this year,” Nigeria’s Vice President Namadi Sambo said in a 2013 article in The Weekly Trust. Three blocks were
identified for potential oil and gas exploration, and hopes were to begin exploration
work by 4Q 2013 or 1Q 2014.”"

Source: http://ends.ng/boko-haram-big-oil-and-the-chad-connection/

Google for more information
The link you provided is just a blog belongingbto an author who was propounding a fallacious conspiracy theory trying to blame the Chadians for the insurgency. Do a google search on "chad basin oil" you will see that the Nigerian axis of the chad basin is a scam. There's no oil in commercial quantity there.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by temitemi1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
Where do you belong on this forum
icelord:
showyourcertificate, firefire, Severussnapes, truckpusher and temitemi1 are one of the biggest fools on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ralphlauren(m): 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Nigeria have wasted millions of dollars in a wild goose chase for oil in the chad basin in the past. The search for oil in the basin is a political decision rather than an economic or scientific decision. It's a waste of the little resources we have.

10000000000 likes.

My exact thoughts.

I do not know why buhari wants to go down this path.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Kororugged: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
icelord:

I know the identity behind showyourcertificate. grin grin

Just ignore him
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by nairabetguru(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Did Igbos ever claim they own it?... Igbos are from the south east, the oil producing States are the south south. Did you go to school

The ibos are the majority in the old eastern region which include the old producing states of the south - south

Hence biafra
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by ShowYourCertificate: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
icelord:
I really don't talk much... just says what's on my mind.. been reading the shits u guys post.. on other threads.... I must confess.. u guys are something else.... I pray God helps thy thinking
Keep on gratifying yourself. You need it wink.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by SeverusSnape(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
omenka:
Just believe bro. He will. smiley

Thanks for the assurance
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by babydelight(f): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
I wonder why some people are calling igbo people did this n did dt , u need to visit a psychiatric hospital or rather u need big chain bcs is nt igbo dt own d oil, anyway dt hatred dt u had for ibos is so obvious. Live them alone ahhhhh

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by jmslimx(m): 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
That was why Bokoharam was formed... Now lets see how it goes.. good development
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ralphlauren(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
veron007:
Where will he get the money to sustain such wild goose chase? We wasted more than 10 years exploring oil in the Chad basing without anything to show for it. And we want to go down the same fruitless route.

They've been exploring oil at the chad basic since the early 90s and there's nothing to show for it.

The "oil" there is not worth any investment from any oil company and this is the plain truth.

I'm a buhari fan but I disagree with him on this.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
When oil defines a people, when oil is all they have, when oil is all the brag about, what happens when the oil is not exclusive to them any more? What becomes of them?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
he went to Alimajiri school... grin

SeverusSnape:

Did Igbos ever claim they own it?... Igbos are from the south east, the oil producing States are the south south. Did you go to school

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by adonismuller(m): 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
why can't he give the Igbos biafra now that he has not found oil in chad? St.upid Ingrates....!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by sammykelly(m): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
Why not you and your baba give igbos their biafra now, why wait until u first discover oil,u think they are tissue papers after cleaning ur bombom with it,u throw it away.once oil is discovered in chad basin,. It will continue to be "one nigeria,kaa ji kwo!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
45 YEARS AFTER INDEPENDENCE NIGERIANS STILL HAVENT LEARNT.
I see people here happy that oil exploration gas been resumed. What a shame.

When will other resources be explored? Must it be oil? When oil finishes and oh it will.... What becomes of the country.?

And by the way the people of Chad basin get ready, environmental problems, internal squabble for resource control.

Pandoras box is about to be unleashed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by SeverusSnape(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
teeowl:
he went to Alimajiri school... grin

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by godwin120alex: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Enerstly waiting .
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by somegirl1: 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:

No way.
I'm beginning to like the idea of one Nigeria.
WE must share all OUR resources.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Mcowubaba: 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
lol, see ur mumu life, very crazy mentality u got, so bcuz u feel once Nigeria can find anoda authenative to d oil in Niger Delta, then the should allow dem to break out...very myopic,
even looking @ dis at anoda angle, do u think d supposed oil in Chad basin can be sufficient nd will be able to measure up to d 1 in Niger Delta....r u telling us the only tin bonding SE/SS is OIL....stu.pid...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Marvinspeed(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
I believe we should wait till Buhari assumes office instead of all this news forecasting. So our hopes of a #changed Nigeria will not be dashed in case he doesn't do all that has been said so far. #GodblessNigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana / Vote APC Out In 2019 If .... - Bukola Saraki's Throwback Tweet / Revolt Against Buhari, APC: 2 Former PDP Govs manipulated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.