Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors (37622 Views)

Buhari To Personally Welcome PDP Defectors In Bayelsa / PDP defectors will come back with empty stomach -Jonathan / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by uniklinkum(m): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided
This shows politics and politicking in Nigeria still has long long ways to go.

In other news...

Apparently, there's a new pill in circulation, it's called Patriotamol.

Folks take it and in less than 24 hours, they begin chants of patriotism and love for dear country.

Hypocrisy just got a new wrapper.
Waow

Are you trying to outshine the protection seeking tout in tomfoolery?
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Deputyvictor(m): 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
yea, I can now seat back and relaxe, I've started thinking before about dis APC, for allowing dem to deflect anyhow into their party, gud dat they have finally stop dem sha. 'Awon jegudu jera', let dem go and repackage their party dat is if it can still be packaged
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
good move,it will further maximize the disintegration

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by nortcentrallord(m): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
madamoringo:
Unfortunately, the embarrassment and humiliation of GEJ is not complete. Jonathan is a du.ll, incompetent and uncharismatic person, not a leader, and this loss will expose him for the mental lilliputian that he is because there is no way he can engineer the PDP back to a position of prominence. It takes more brain power and intelligence than money and even if he had all the money in the world or Nigeria, he cannot buy brains with it. This is why the PDP is in big trouble and I hope they don't go to extinction!

This is exactly the values apc left for the coming generation. The street toutish talking politics style. It just exposes how we have lost all manners and values in the name of partisanship. Did GEJ told you he has intentions in partisan politics after now or was he mentioned as wanting to decamp? You seize every little opportunity to insult and call names when even as an insignificant citizen you can't even obey simple rules and regulation. Sheer hypocrisy. You are permitted to quote and insult me, I won't be surprised because it will be a confirmation of the inate nature of loss of values.

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by DonaldGenes(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided
This shows politics and politicking in Nigeria still has long long ways to go.

In other news...

Apparently, there's a new pill in circulation, it's called Patriotamol.

Folks take it and in less than 24 hours, they begin chants of patriotism and love for dear country.

Hypocrisy just got a new wrapper.
Waow!

Sorry to ask..iSensed you're always online 24/7, Do you have something salient doing most times? Yøu really tried...No offence!!! Just curious
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by babamajor: 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dem don dey go one by one
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by truthfulguy: 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
APC and stunts. No one can stop anyone from moving.
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by truthfulguy: 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
kinibigdeal:
In US a republican will never defect to democrat even though they lost, they only look back and re-strategize

They decamp as well.

Ronald Reagan decamped.

Condelezza Rice decamped.
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by truthfulguy: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
tallceejay:
What a shame ! In developed couuntries, people decide their parties from birth and stick to it, rarely switch. They understand patriotism and loyalty, rain or shine. Naija na wa...politicians switch to where there's power. Bottomline, we the electorates r not top on their agenda! Sad but true

Stop it. Their democracy is more rooted over centuries so you can't compare.

Besides Ronald Reagan decamped. Condelezza Rice decamped so what's the big deal.

I can bet that if Nigerians don't decamp and Americans do you will be saying why are we rigid in Africa that in America there is freedom of association and are more flexible.

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Silly rants of a liar...later he and his party will denial ever issuing this press statement just like the one chance Buhari has started denying his election promises
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by sirfemoz(m): 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
APC forming Champion of Capua... anyways, I don't blame them, it's there time.. But they should remember that when Spartacus (PDP) will rise again, nothing will stop them.. Pride goeth before a fall... some of them where once PDP members..
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Beamborla(f): 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Action taken too late... After all PDP members don defect finish

I hope we all can now see the folly in carrying PDP coffin around because if PDP should be reduced to nothing, I can assure you that in a short time, things would return to what it used to be.

One of the major reason why PDP failed was because there was no strong opposition party. Hence, they became way to comfortable.

These people need to return to their party and restructure it to become stronger than it was. It would keep APC on their toes because they would be aware that there is always a replacement.

Now I feel like joining PDP but I have no love for the game of politics
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Horlufemi(m): 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is a good development.

PDP should be in opposition and sit up.

Opposition is like competition. You need to show your self worthy of votes.

APC please show them how to make a Country great.

If APC performs well in the next 4years, PDP is dead and buried because they will set a standard that PDP can never attain.

Opposition is good for democracy that's why I love this past election.

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by darlenese(f): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
Chaii, what about Amechi cheesy
Anyway
This is the sweetest news of the year
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by jibrilaminu003(m): 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
LordMecuzy:
APC is heartless. ..

Go nd learn how to b an opponent..... You r not even a novice
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Horlufemi(m): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2015
ayoromer:
Wel apc is not form by new members it was dsame criminals dat left pdp dat form apc but now they hav made apc an islamic party compricing d northern and d yorubas so now they dont want others to join dat wil expose them d yorubas are forgetting dat buhari is a very wicked man let wait n see soon d north wil take over d party

When will you stop being tribal. See my friend Unity & love for your neighbor is what will take this nation to where it's suppose to be.

Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by saltoftheearth: 12:13am On Apr 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by nkemjacob2(m): 12:34am On Apr 23, 2015
hahahahhaha... Shameless pple.... Una no 1 suffer.... APC dat ws a huge and good decision.... But y nw.... Wht of all those top pple dat hve being there that defected re u not mking plans to reject them?
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by nkemjacob2(m): 12:39am On Apr 23, 2015
loifez123:
Ouch!!! Sounds like shutting the gate of Heaven and releasing the gates of helll on those planning to decamp......

Make una wait till transfer Windows open again.
hahahaha. Transfer window na when election wan start dem go start to buy politicians

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by solayd(m): 12:47am On Apr 23, 2015
Deadline eeshh..
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by anigold(m): 12:51am On Apr 23, 2015
MichaelSokoto:
The All Progressives Congress on Wednesday formally shut its doors against members of the Peoples Democratic Party wishing to join its ranks.

The party also enjoined members and leaders of the ruling party to stay put where they are and rebuild their party to play its new found role as the main opposition party.

It admonished the PDP to come to terms with the cold, hard reality that its fortunes have since plummeted and that it is now in opposition.

The APC made its position public in a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in Abuja.

According to the APC, the leadership of the PDP is not even waiting to be approached before fleeing to the APC.

Mohammed said, “PDP leaders and members are falling over themselves shamelessly and swearing undying allegiance to the APC.

“Well, in case they did not get the message of the President-elect and our National Chairman, we want to repeat it in very blunt terms: PDP leaders and members, you are not welcome in APC.

“Please stay in your party, but if – as we suspect – you cannot survive in opposition, then, take a walk, quit politics.”Mohammed was reacting to a communiqué issued by the PDP, in which it alleged that the APC was harassing its members and that it was trying to turn Nigeria into one party state.

The APC said the fact that the PDP devoted a substantial part of the communiqué, issued after the inaugural meeting of the its National Working Committee and Governors/Senators-elect, complaining about alleged harassment and intimidation by the APC, instead of strategizing, shows that it was yet to come to terms with the reality on ground.

It also observed that the out-going ruling party still does not understand the enormity of the challenges awaiting it as an opposition party.Mohammed said, “The truth of the matter is that the PDP is scared stiff of being in opposition. We don’t blame them as they have neither the capacity nor the commitment to be in opposition.

“A party that stood for nothing but looting and rent collection will naturally be afraid of being in opposition, where there is nothing to loot or rent to collect.”The APC also admonished the PDP to stop whining over an alleged plan by the APC to use the Election Petition Tribunals ‘to truncate and subvert the freely given mandate by the people in the states and constituencies’, saying it amounts to blackmail.

www.punchng.com/news/apc-shuts-its-doors-against-pdp-defectors/

So why did APC not shut their doors to all the ex-PDP lords that financed buhari"s election with stolen wealth..

HYPOCRISY EVERYWHERE.
Wahala will start when the ex-pdp lords wants their spoil..
LOL.

UNA DON DE CHI CHOM CHING...

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by rexzqcom(m): 12:56am On Apr 23, 2015
Good move by APC. PDP should note those ingrate band wagon chasers and expell them from their party.parties membership is not a prerequisite for citizens democratic government participation. Independent and non party affiliated are not precluded from exercising their electoral civil obligations.Quality, disciplined and Manageable membership roll should be preferable to rowdy quantity parasites and leeches with only selfish aims and betrayal.
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Maxiyke: 1:42am On Apr 23, 2015
For your minds it is the yorubas that is APC? When they were AD, AC or ACN did they win the presidential election?
As for been in the opposition, the last time I checked Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti have had PDP governors not long ago and they are yorubas.
Keep your ethnocentrism to yourself. This election were won by Nigerians.
Setaje:

Exactly. There should be a good opposition to always put the party on check. I can't imagine a Nigeria wivout opposition. It's just that for as long as I no, the yorubas have always been in opposition and they played it very well. I just don't no if other regions are patient enough to be in opposition and form a formidable party. I just don't no
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Amgreat1(m): 4:00am On Apr 23, 2015
Why did it take them this long period of time for them to issue hypocritical statement like this? Who are the major financier of APC? Majority of APC members are aggrieved members of PDP so what makes the difference. Pls Nigerians let's be wise let these treasury looters not deceive us as if they are now saints as they have joined APC. All those who Have jumped from PDP to APC are Wolves in Sheep clothing. For Sixteen years they have licked the treasury. Some of them were smart enough to have jumped earlier than expected. For instance the Likes of Amaechi, Wamako and the rest. Nigeria we forget so soon, If not for their oppressive manner and perversion of justice, Which governor's case dragged the name of Justice Salami in the mud? Amaechi was the Speaker of Rivers State house of Assembly for 8yrs under PDP and Rivers money was squandered under is his nose. They are now claiming to be models? Shine your eyes and don't be sentimental.
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by supereagle(m): 4:22am On Apr 23, 2015
Good for them(PDP) ,let remain and give APC strong opposition .
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Gboliwe: 4:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Good for those shameless politicians. I'd rather they left politics completely. They know zilch about commitment and tenacity and will eventually pull down any party they get into.

1 Like

Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by fyneboi79(m): 4:56am On Apr 23, 2015
Very good! So that we don't have the likes of Barcarnista who lack guts and intergrity coming back to mess up or dear party.
May 29 Loading........
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by Abejimico(m): 5:08am On Apr 23, 2015
Interesting story of jumpology theory. Yhe I've by APC is good for our democracy. Loving it
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by khassy(m): 5:24am On Apr 23, 2015
nijanigga:

do you also have indomie brain? you should ask, why did they wait until now to defect to APC?
na fight?? sadsad;(angryangry
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by jascon1(m): 5:26am On Apr 23, 2015
xreal:
better.
what about the pdp defectors who had already been welcomed?
I beg to ask the same
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by nsyforreal: 5:46am On Apr 23, 2015
simplemach:
That their business. But if not cowardice, what would make me defect to a party like APC just because my party did not win it all.

god forbid.APC is like a church of Satan.watch out
Re: APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors by DzTzl(f): 6:06am On Apr 23, 2015
LordMecuzy:
APC is heartless. ..
Can you please explain to me how you came about this theory of yours? * waiting *

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC Tagwaye Visits President Buhari In Daura For Sallah (Photos) / Benue Killings: Suswam Arrested By DSS - Libertytvradio.com Claims / Calas Vegas: Ayade Builds ‘World-Class’ Resort Despite Tinapa’s ‘$450M Setback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.