Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members (50989 Views)

Echocho Behind ‘faceless’ Kogi State PDP Concerned Group—credible Members Allian / 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration / Silva, Anyim Head Buhari's Inauguration Committee (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
maximunimpact:

@op is just a bitter and agrieved unpatroitic fellow who dreams, eats and lives failure for a Buhari led Federal government. here is the goodnews, just like he failed in the election rabbles, so shall all his negative permutations against Nigeria fail!

How is this your submission related to the topic of this thread...Just wait, the journey just began...no amount of insult, blackmail or intimidation will be sufficient enough to cow down our resolve to hold buhari and his chaps accountable... We await their change cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by shino62: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nothing wrong with these members. After all some of those charges by efcc are mere trumps, and the responsibility now placed on them is just drawing up the programs for a successful transition period. We are still on course.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by MizMyColi(f): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
temitemi1:
Baba surprise you with his committee too

Yes o o.

Well, I'm not surprised.
Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by nas4q(m): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
The fact they are in the inauguration commitee does not make them members of his cabinet. I think their work is 2 contribute 2 his cabinet and also balance the documents with d outgoing president. Please we have 2 give this party a chance as PDP has shown they can't improve our situation after experiencing stagnancy for 16 years.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by ShowYourCertificate: 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Buhari is the biggest scam ever pulled on Nigerians.

#BabaOneChance

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by belladonna7: 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
henrysam:
Hmmm I continue to say one thing. Since Buhari has been doing it all alone. He had not won the presidential election.
He had to mingle with corrupt people to win this election after 4th trial.
It's a surprise to me when we expect much from Buhari.
Let us enjoy it while it last.
exactly.aw on earth can timpire sylva b on dt comitee...as I v always said..all we do in nigeria is to recycle d same old faces...der is no change anywhere..change ko,change ni..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Gboliwe: 6:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
I knew we were already on a rollercoaster ride when I saw that Timpre Sylva man shinning his teeth in a picture he took with the other toad-like SFG.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by major466(m): 6:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
More like committee of corrupt people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Gboliwe: 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
shino62:
Nothing wrong with these members. After all some of those charges by efcc are mere trumps, and the responsibility now placed on them is just drawing up the programs for a successful transition period. We are still on course.

But APC ran into the market naked when the other fool FFK was brought in onboard GEJ's team few months back.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
I wonder why some people will attack the OP.
This is how a democracy should be,criticize for a better performance.
Well guy's just gotta giv his own contribution....at least He's entitled to it.
You Buharists,wait till I start my own

It's a diversionary tactic the broom wavers employ to deviate attention from the matter at hand. It's their stock in trade, but we have known them.

Please, we can't wait to have you add yours to the mix. .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Forwetinnah: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
greatmarshall:
Oya naw... Committee of thieves...

Yes na..to appoint more thieves, and yet they claim to be better than the PDP. From their antecedents so far, I don't need TB Joshua to tell me what Buhari's administration will look like. The more you look..the stranger it becomes
Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
See your mouth like change. When GEJ was there, did you critique his cabinet and administration like this? It took GMB's coming to jolt you from your slumber. Please continue as it is needed. If you think feeeeeee deeeeeee feeeeeee will smell that seat again, you are JK! Quote me and watch me ignore you. Peace out to you.

Let me help you with the attention that you so much seek cool ...hope it calms your nerves now...good night tongue
Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by lekandauda1234: 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, it is not business as usual o grin
some people are sore losers and will go on and on ranting because they lost. This ranting will cloud thier sense of reasoning such that they can distingish between right and wrong. It is over acting to expect GMB to bring angels from heaven to come and do d cleansing of the rot that has been forced on us by pdp. What you need to know is that the head of thje fish is very important. Once the head is good as we have in GMB then the tail will be tantalizing on the tongue. Give GMB a chance, he has not even been sworn in.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by MizMyColi(f): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
gringringrin
Let that DumbleDore who just hid my innocent laughter post continue o.

I wonder what rule I flouted.
One look at this thread, and it feels like a moderator has built an apartment here, meanwhile na we dey do ourselves. Lolcheesy

I hope Seun looks into this report button innovation.

Some of us done turn mod-who-send-yougringrin

If care is not taken, it will be one sure fire way to stifle the opposition on NL.

Oga Seun, please look into it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by vicadex07(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
barcanista:
If you compare Buhari's of pre-2015 and that of 2015 you will see a sharp difference in the Buhari. For the sake of patriotism, I hope he performs though I don't have confidence in him.

How else did u expect him to win without the help of the so called corrupt people you mentioned. That is the present reality of things in Nigeria and you have to roll in the mud to survive. Even at that, the results were a bit close and am sure if not for the amalgamation of the North and South and Buhari had paradventure ran all by himself and lost, its people like you that will come online and make a mockery of him.

GEJ your master, who are his own associates and how clean are their hands. He has been weilding federal power for years now. What concrete action has he taken against corruption?

Judge yourself before others. Nobody is perfect. If Buhari and his team is 40% corrupt, I can boldly and confidently say that GEJ and his cronies will score 98%.

That little difference is the change we are yearning for. Am sure its going to result into the recovery of billions of dollars.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by scribble: 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
nduchucks:

I agree with that, but we must stay within reason as we demand accountability.

As long as the endemic corruption within the system is significantly reduced, the stage would be set for real progress and Nigerians will be forever grateful to Buhari.

Having said that, it is dellusional to expect Buhari to completely stamp out corruption in Nigeria. Lets help him put a real dent in this problem. I call on all well meaning Nigerians to offer their full support to the President-elect.

What happened to saibaba nokworupshun

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Forwetinnah: 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari is the biggest scam ever pulled on Nigerians.

#BabaOneChance

Aka #DauraDullard

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by emmykk(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Buhari will be worse than GEj.

Ameachi,tinubu,atiku,obj,kwakwaso etal all in 1 party and you think the 73 year elder can prevent his financiers,Gej is dam better.

GEJ with bokoharam activities yet records good achievement,well Niger-DELTA militiant will not cause trouble let see what GMB will do?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Intendy: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
My stance on corruption will never change.
Why have the Jonathan led administration failed to persecute them since 2010 haba.
Stop exposing Jonathans love for corruption

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by akigbemaru: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
PRESIDENT ELECT PROMISES TO ELECT CREDIBLE PEOPLE
Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Alphaoscar: 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
barcanista:
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari over the years has promised to appoint credible Nigerians into his cabinet. In fact, he is expected to come on board with fresh ideas and technocrats to help achieve his promises. However, a look at his Presidential Inauguration Committee gives one cause to question whether some of the members could really effect change that Buhari preaches. They are...

1. Timpre Sylva- Chairman Buhari Inauguration Committee

In February 2012, EFCC instituted lawsuit against Timpre Sylva for N5billion money laundering charge. Sylva fled Bayelsa state shortly after being sacked from Bayelsa state Government House by the Supreme

court. Corruption charges against him was filed in absentia.

saharareporters.com/2012/02/24/efcc-slams-money-laundering-charges-against-former-bayelsa-governor-timipre-sylva

May 2013: EFCC arrested and detained exGov Timpre Sylva for corruption charges that runs into N48billion. In fact, when the EFCC operatives swooped on Sylva's house,

his aides told them that Sylva was away, while he was inside. In the words of EFCC Source(as reported by Vanguard)

“Ironically, the ex-governor, who was said to be out of town, was later found hiding in a dingy corner in the upper chamber of his expansive mansion.

“He was immediately whisked away and is currently being interrogated at the Abuja headquarters of the anti- graft agency,”

Sylva had earlier been on the run in his bid to evade arrest.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/n48-b-fraud-efcc-arrests-timipre-sylva/

N/B: Sylva's Corruption Case is still on as at July 2014 and still on as at today...

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/164348-arraignment-of-ex-bayelsa-governor-timipre-sylva-for-corruption-stalled-again.html

2. Kawu Baraje, Member Buhari Inauguration Committee

He was a Former National Secretary of the PDP and a founding member of the party. He served as Chairman, Nigeria Railway Corporation. On November 2013 the Board of NRC passed vote of no confidence on Baraje for his "“inability or refusal” to convene board meetings, as statutorily prescribed, had stalled progress of the board in the discharge of its duties.” Though he eventually resigned voluntarily, he never denied nor refuted the allegation against him.

tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/26191-pdp-crisis-nrc-board-passes-vote-of-no-confidence-in-baraje.html

3. John Shagaya, Member Buhari Inauguration Committee

A retired Army General that served as the Internal Affairs Minister under IBB administration. He was also a member He was a Senator under PDP platform between 2007 and 2011. During the Military era, he was a core "IBB" boy and he declared at one time that "he was proud to be called IBB boy" at his 66th birthday. Shagaya also participated in the 1966 counter coup

saharareporters.com/2009/03/20/ibb-boy-john-shagaya

4. Babagana Kingibe, Member Buhari Inauguration Committee

He was the running mate to Chief MKO Abiola during the 1993 Presidential election that was annuled by IBB. Kingibe later turned his back against Abiola to join the Abacha's regime at a time when Abiola was fighting for his mandate. He was rewarded with Ministery of Foreign Affairs and later that of Internal Affairs . He was also appointed Secretary to the Government by late Musa Yaradua in June 2007, but was fired barely one year later for disloyalty to the government. Tribune Newspaper had reported that Kingibe had said in 2008 that "in the event that the president could not continue in office, power should not be handed over to Jonathan" as he insisted that a Northerner should act as president

http://www.tribune.com.ng/09092008/news/news1.html

5. Alhaji Babachir Lawal,Member Buhari Inauguration Committee

He is the National Vice Chairman (North East) of the APC. He shamelessly condemned the impeachment proceeding against exGov Murtala Nyako that bothers on corruption rather than address the allegation against the exGovernor. In fact he said impeaching Nyako will mean plunging the state into a state of utter despair instead of challenging the exGovernor to respond to the allegations of corruption against him. The Impeached exGovernor has been on the run since the day of his impeachment(to evade justice)

www.punchng.com/news/neast-apc-adamawa-lawmakers-disagree-over-nyakos-removal/

Source: http://solomontonye..com/2015/04/buhari-inauguration-committee-credible.html

Atleast none of them can be termed an ex-convict and Silva's issue is still based on allegations and until he is convicted of any crime his integrity is still intact. The other members issues you raised are just petty issues you raised just to discredit the team and if we are to go by your analogy, you are and I are not in anyway better than any of them. I don't know if you expect GMB to do all the tasks by himself in the name of integrity.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
All these Buhari anti corruption talk na pure noise.

Immediately I saw my my former governor, Sylva, my suspicion was proven.

It's obvious we shouldn't expect much from Granpa; it's all about recycling the same old thieves.

Granpa had to congregate with the thieves to have his dream come through. .....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by maximunimpact(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

How is this your submission related to the topic of this thread...Just wait, the journey just began...no amount of insult, blackmail or intimidation will be sufficient enough to cow down our resolve to hold buhari and his chaps accountable... We await their change cool

Another sadist!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by authority2006(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
You guys didn't vote for Buhari, why are you now expecting so much from him? even ordinary transition committee members, you are already shouting. I believe it should be the headache of those of us who really believe in him, it shouldn't be yours. Patriotism my a$$

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
arewafederation:
The cry babies have started again! undecided

Wake up; facts are scared!
Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by dasoul(m): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mr Buhari has repeated stated that he is a believer of democratic system, what else do you want OP? if the the system could not indict them for those alleged corrupt charges even when they decamped to APC, it means that they all innocent.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by maximunimpact(m): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Atleast none of them can be termed an ex-convict and Silva's issue is still based on allegations and until he is convicted of any crime his integrity is still intact. The other members issues you raised are just petty issues you raised just to discredit the team and if we are to go by your analogy, you are and I are not in anyway better than any of them. I don't know if you expect GMB to do all the tasks by himself in the name of integrity.

well said bro!

just like the failed in clueless continuity, they will equally fail in their empty quest

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Alphaoscar: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
emmykk:
Buhari will be worse than GEj.

Ameachi,tinubu,atiku,obj,kwakwaso etal all in 1 party and you think the 73 year elder can prevent his financiers,Gej is dam better.

GEJ with bokoharam activities yet records good achievement,well Niger-DELTA militiant will not cause trouble let see what GMB will do?

Mention one corrupt person in APC and I will give you 5 names with uglier cases in PDP. All the people you mention above have never been convicted of any crime unlike the Ibori's, Alams, Tewonde George's of PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by ShowYourCertificate: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
nduchucks:

I agree with that, but we must stay within reason as we demand accountability.

As long as the endemic corruption within the system is significantly reduced, the stage would be set for real progress and Nigerians will be forever grateful to Buhari.

Having said that, it is dellusional to expect Buhari to completely stamp out corruption in Nigeria. Lets help him put a real dent in this problem. I call on all well meaning Nigerians to offer their full support to the President-elect.
You are guys are now shifting position. It's no longer: "corruption will be a thing of the past." You are now saying corruption cannot be stamped out. You APC guys are beginning to lose the trust of Nigerians. And the funny part is that you guys haven't even assumed power, just a mere inauguration of committee and your man is already found wanting.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by hotgunz(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
If I hear change..... Shi na dem b ds?
Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Forwetinnah: 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
vicadex07:

How else did u expect him to win without the help of the so called corrupt people you mentioned. That is the present reality of things in Nigeria and you have to roll in the mud to survive. Even at that, the results were a bit close and am sure if not for the amalgamation of the North and South and Buhari had paradventure ran all by himself and lost, its people like you that will come online and make a mockery of him.

GEJ your master, who are his own associates and how clean are their hands. He has been weilding federal power for years now. What concrete action has he taken against corruption?

Judge yourself before others. Nobody is perfect. If Buhari and his team is 40% corrupt, I can boldly and confidently say that GEJ and his cronies will score 98%.

That little difference is the change we are yearning for. Am sure its going to result into the recovery of billions of dollars.

Point of correction...Buhari is with his fellows, that's his gang and he's very cool with it..don't bring that Intergrity crap because 2 CANNOT WALK together except they AGREE!! He's with the people he feels comfortable with and they have the same moral and political DNA.
At the second bolded...thats supposed to be a joke right?? Kindly mention the remaining 60% around Buhari that isn't corrupt? Should we start with his Vice...aka Pastor Osunbade* esquire that was Tinubu's milk man all through his 8years as Governor? Please start mentioning the saints around Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
LIKE BARCANISTA LIKE Femi Aribisala

while those who really love Nigeria, are praying for the Generaal to suceed, some random sucklings are praying the worse!
Now we know those who truly love naija! they supported GEJ despite the gross incompetence exhibited by the otueke export!
Now they are praying for GMB to fail.

"O JAH OF MY SALVATION, ARISE FOR THE MOUTHS OF THE DECEITFUL AND UNRIGHTEOUS IS OPEN!"

cry all you want. The Change is here to stay!
the change will work!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Funny Reactions As Nigerians React To Tinubu's Prayers In Jos / Adebayo Shittu: Some Of Tinubu’s Female Ministers Dress Like Beauty Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.