Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). (47364 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

Gen. Murtala Mohammed was one of the finest soldiers north once had.. Really played a great role in history but Dimka murdered him in cold blood without any reason cos as at then, Murtala was doing well as a head of state...
enlighten me on good things he did as head of state. Because I have no idea. We learn everyday.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by babajero(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2015
Eco2580:
My friend go n learn the word VAGABOND before you use it.
I sure know the meaning, i implore you to search out the meaning, and see it goes well with the hausa folks.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by haywire07(m): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

That's what we are saying here.. An average Hausa man knows nothing about forgiveness.. You people killed Gen. Aguiyi Thomson Umunnakwe Ironsi simply because his tribal man killed belewa and bello... Can you hear yourself?
I've been studying ur comments, I see that ur blood dey hot and u re jst bias . Ironsi wz killed fr being Igbo (coup plotters and betrayers of our initial United republic).Even if he claimed nt to b a part of d coup, (which he seemed like an opportunity to pave way fr d igbo leadership) he decided nt to punish the key coup plotters , inead ojukwu made nzeogwu command er of a band while onwuatuegwu wz wz made to commaand dat will execute any nigerian general in Lagos .

Igbos started it all Dats y its hard to make dem Nigerian president .

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2015
My problem with Igbos is they failed to read the whole history and events that led to the civil war.

They only listened to their uncles false conjectures and stories for the gods.

I wish they can be objective for once.

However, we should also note that the major players in the history of Nigeria then, were less than 35years in age. What was their level of maturity? Majority of them will never tow that line, if given the opportunity once more.

All sides lost something during the course of those unfortunate events. Igbos should stop behaving as if they are the only victims.

If there was no action, there would not have been a reaction. Simple

8 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by johnnynwa(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

What happened in 1966 coup was nothing short of revenge cos Gowon, Murtala, Danjuma and other senior officers felt betrayed by the eastern and western region cos the origin plan was for all the Democratic leaders to be wiped out but Azikiwe,Awololo and that mid western man survived the attack and only the north recorded heavy casualties.. Am sure till date, the north are yet to forgive the Igbos for what Kaduna chukwuma Nzengwo did to their great men..
...And today, Igbos had not forgiven the North the 3millions innocent Igbo souls they have killed in the Biafra war!
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

One word sums this up: trash!

So we are to believe the Yoruba controlled media concocted falsehood of Jesus Fajuiyi so willing to lay down his life for a condemned Ironsi over the story of a man that was present on the scene? Haha! How quaint.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by saintfizzo(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2015
babajero:
using one man to qualify a whole tribe is not good, he was definitely killed because he was found with them.
Count me in... makes 2 men... I hate being tribal, U are either good or bad to me... I repeat this Tribal bashing is not healthy... it is lame
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2015
johnnynwa:
...And today, Igbos had not forgiven the North the 3millions innocent Igbo souls they have killed in the Biafra war!

You expect the families of the dead Nigerian soldiers to also forgive Igbos for the death of their fathers, sons, breadwinners etc?

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by dokyOloye: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2015
eagleeye2:
Thanks. I was about making that correction now. He was a Senator in '83.
his immediate younger brother Chris Nwankwo is a serving senator as at now even though he didn't win re-election.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

You expect the families of the dead Nigerian soldiers to also forgive Igbos for the death of their fathers, sons, breadwinners etc?

The dead Nigerian soldiers invaded Igboland, the Biafran soldiers fought to defend our homeland, notice the difference.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

So we are to believe the Yoruba controlled media concocted falsehood of Jesus Fajuiyi so willing to laid down his life for a condemned Ironsi over the story of a man that was present on the scene? Haha! How quaint.

Whatever you like you can say. One thing is sure, he never wore skirt and spaghetti and ran away like a bandits lord that sacrificed 3million souls of his people for fun and could .not offer his.

However, why can't the "we are rich igbo" people develop their own media in SE? Or Almighty Yorubas are also against that?

There is nothing we won't hear from the gully eroded land.

6 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2015
Why is there so much hate on here?

The alleged "Igbo" coup of 1966 is always wrongly perceived. There were Yoruba generals among the plotters and Major Nzeogwu couldn't even speak Igbo having lived in Kaduna all his life. I researched and found out that the reason Southern leaders escaped was that the people meant to execute the coup in the south did not do their part. Only Nzeogwu did his part, and that was to handle the Northern leaders.

Mind you, at this point Nigeria was a cesspit of corruption. But still, that doesn't justify a coup.

After Ironsi was was overthrown 50,000 ethnic Igbos were killed in the Northern regions. Just absorb that number: 50,000. No formal investigation was carried out, and all he countries leaders turned a blind eye. Also, the majority of qualified workforce in Nigeria was Igbo, and so the Igbos were in large numbers in the civil service, academia, etc. All of them fled their posts and returned to the East.

Ojukwu then met with Gowon to discuss the mass killings of Igbo guys. The result of their meeting was the Aburi Accord. However, 5 months after their meeting Gowon was yet to implement the resolutions. So the East got restless and put pressure on Gowon to declare Biafra and seced, and he did it.

Mind you, this secession came about because the Igbos were backed into a wall. What can you do when the country you fought hard to get independence turns its back on you and rejects you?

The ensuing Civil war that followed led to the death of 3 million Igbos. let that number sink in: 3 million.
Now the Biafran army was not up to 300,000 soldiers, but there were 3 million casualties, which means that most of the casualties were civilians.

After the war, the Igbos were very impoverished and low on morale.

In 1970 the Finance minister froze all Igbo-held bank accounts and took all the cash they held, an obvious act of ethnic hate. A flat sum of 20 pounds was given to every Igbo person with an account, regardless of the amount the bank account previously held.

In 1972, the Indigenization decree was promulgated. This opened up large amounts of foreing businesses for Nigerian investors.
Guess whcih group of people couldnt participate in this investment because all they had was 20 pounds? Oh yeah, Igbos.

I've been researching these issues and there are so many things i'd like to point out, but not enough time.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 11:47am On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

The dead Nigerian soldiers invaded Igboland, the Biafran soldiers fought to defend our homeland, notice the difference.

The same way Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and Akintola, Okotie-eboh, top soldiers of northern extraction also invaded Biafra?

Whereas Angel Gabriel was protecting Michael Okpara and Angel Michael was beside Azikiwe in his never-ending medical jamboree to carribeans via UK.

See through the eyes of others. Igbos are not the only one that has sense.

6 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oneeaast: 11:48am On Apr 25, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Bleep off coward

Nigerian army my foot.

How could write all this gibberish and tell me you are alright upstair.

If you want to start what you guys have always asked for - war, pls, let the war start and stay in the East only.

Boko haram has killed more Muslims than Christians in Borno and Nigeria at large.

Boko haram has killed more Hausas/Fulanis than Igbos or Yorubas

It's sad that people now used Igbos as tools for any tribal gimmicks cos they know how tribalistic igbos are; a well known fact.

You guys from the East caused the first problem of Nigeria in 60s

And till date, you are either causing one problem here or cooking another trouble there.

What is it with you Igbos?

Live and let others live

re yu sure he is igbo??
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2015
SopranoCoder:
Why is there so much hate on here?

The alleged "Igbo" coup of 1966 is always wrongly perceived. There were Yoruba generals among the plotters and Major Nzeogwu couldn't even speak Igbo having lived in Kaduna all his life. I researched and found out that the reason Southern leaders escaped was that the people meant to execute the coup in the south did not do their part. Only Nzeogwu did his part, and that was to handle the Northern leaders.

Mind you, at this point Nigeria was a cesspit of corruption. But still, that doesn't justify a coup.

After Ironsi was was overthrown 50,000 ethnic Igbos were killed in the Northern regions. Just absorb that number: 50,000. No formal investigation was carried out, and all he countries leaders turned a blind eye. Also, the majority of qualified workforce in Nigeria was Igbo, and so the Igbos were in large numbers in the civil service, academia, etc. All of them fled their posts and returned to the East.

Ojukwu then met with Gowon to discuss the mass killings of Igbo guys. The result of their meeting was the Aburi Accord. However, 5 months after their meeting Gowon was yet to implement the resolutions. So the East got restless and put pressure on Gowon to declare Biafra and seced, and he did it.

Mind you, this secession came about because the Igbos were backed into a wall. What can you do when the country you fought hard to get independence turns its back on you and rejects you?

The ensuing Civil war that followed led to the death of 3 million Igbos. let that number sink in: 3 million.
Now the Biafran army was not up to 300,000 soldiers, but there were 3 million casualties, which means that most of the casualties were civilians.

After the war, the Igbos were very impoverished and low on morale.

In 1970 the Finance minister froze all Igbo-held bank accounts and took all the cash they held, an obvious act of ethnic hate. A flat sum of 20 pounds was given to every Igbo person with an account, regardless of the amount the bank account previously held.

In 1972, the Indigenization decree was promulgated. This opened up large amounts of foreing businesses for Nigerian investors.
Guess whcih group of people couldnt participate in this investment because all they had was 20 pounds? Oh yeah, Igbos.

I've been researching these issues and there are so many things i'd like to point out, but not enough time.

Absolute thrash and nonsense.

1. List all the major leaders of the coup and the ethnic extraction. Just one yoruba out of almost 12. Very funny.

2. Why were the leaders and soldiers of other regions killed and none from Igbo extraction was killed, except the one that was killed based on personal vendetta?

3. Why was Ironsi, the beneficiary of the coup led by people of his ethnic extraction? He could have allowed a civilian to continue to rule. The council has already nominated Dipcharima, which he refused.

4. Why were coupists that were meant to be under trial partying around in the east, rather being in the prison and living celebrities lives despite their heinous crime against the state, under the nose of Ironsi?

5. Why were the Igbos in the north taunting the northerners with tshirts made, songs sang and sounds of machine guns, which led to the provocation?

6. Who cancelled the regions and concentrated power at the centre, with the aim of dominating others, in igbos usual myopic ways?

7. Why did Ojukwu made secession the first line of action rather than dialogue?

8. Why was secession not declared under Ironsi. Whereas the same Ironsi quashed the secession of Niger Delta people, by declaration of Republic of Niger Delta led by Adaka Boro. All of you expected Gowon not to quash yours when you had the audacity to.quash that of others? Na all of us get sense, no be only una.

8. All these events preceded Aburi Accord. Therefore, if these events have not happened, there would not have been an Aburi Accord. Aburi Accord is null and void ab initio.

Let me stop here.

Answer all that before I will give you more Waec Questions.

Point of correction:

1. Igbos do not have any money in any bank. Giving them 20pounds was an act of good faith by the Nigerian State.

As at 2015, Nigeria is still under banked and how many igbos had bank accounts in 1966 and what amount did the igbos had in the bank in 1966. Do the sum and see if the Nigerian State was not fair enough.

The same people that were leaving for their newly formed country would have withdrawn all their monies in.the banks of the country they are leaving.

Do.not forget that Igbos looted CBN in Port Harcourt Calabar, Enugu and Benin.

Awolowo also transferred all the funds meant for the Eastern Region to them at the end of the war.

Also, as at 1972 when indigenisation policy was made, it was targeted at foreign companies and multinationals and not trading businesses in a 2by2inches shops owned by Igbos. The war ended in 1970.

Get your facts right.

13 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

Whatever you like you can say. One thing is sure, he never wore skirt and spaghetti and ran away like a bandits lord that sacrificed 3million souls of his people for fun and could .not offer his.

However, why can't the "we are rich igbo" people develop their own media in SE? Or Almighty Yorubas are also against that?

There is nothing we won't hear from the gully eroded land.

Ndiigbo are not just good at calumny and image destruction, we are naturally self absorbed people, preferring to work on our self rather than work on other people.

I look back at pre civil war Nigeria, I see Igbophobic utterances from various Nigerian tribal leaders, from Akintola Ronu speech, Oba Akenzua article, to Saraduna infamous igbophobic speech, and I look at Ndiigbo, I couldn't find one of such hate speech directed at other groups by Igbo leaders of that era, all I see is self praise and glorification of Igbo achievements and plans to achieve more in the future.

That was their greatest undoing, they were so self absorbed that they allowed lots of Igbophobic slurs emanating from different Nigerian ethnic groups slide without proper rebuttal and even a billion times hate speech directed at such groups. They pretended all was right until they woke up one morning and found out that the rest of the country were drunk with Igbophobia.

The present generation of Ndiigbo will not repeat the mistakes of our front runners, every iota of Igbophobic utterance or actions by any Nigerian group must be properly debunked, refuted and dissected to expose the falsehood here in. FFK and Oba of Lagos had since learnt this lesson the bitter way.

The modern Igbo will not stop just at self praise and glorification of our achievements as a group and individuals, but will return every iota of hatred directed at the Igbo nation with a trillion times more hatred towards the offending group or person,this is the modern reality, tell your people that this is a new Igbo era.

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyeludef(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

Which of the late Sultan you talking about? the one that died during OBJ regime abi?
sardauna(ahmadu bello) not sultan. You obviously know nothing abt Nigeria history
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by haywire07(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
babajero:
let it not pain you much my dear, just flow with the truth.
Bro, am Yoruba in fact from ile- ife bt regarding hausas as vagabonds is gross . Ur post is similar to that of PEJ who said to the hausas that ''we have nothing to do with the pple from that side'' only if she wz sensible enoff to realise that the hausas are the most populated and has a whooping 19 states out of 36 .

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by babajero(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
saintfizzo:

Count me in... makes 2 men... I hate being tribal, U are either good or bad to me... I repeat this Tribal bashing is not healthy... it is lame
hahaha ok o didnt know you were among the. coup.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

1. List all the major leaders of the coup and the ethnic extraction. Just one yoruba out of almost 12. Very funny.

2. Why were the leaders and soldiers of other regions killed and none from Igbo extraction was killed, except the one that was killed based on personal vendetta?

3. Why was Irons, the beneficiary of the coup led by people of his ethnic extraction? He could have allowed a civilian to continue to rule. The council has already nominated Dipcharima, which he refused.

4. Why were coupists that were meant to be under trial partying around in the east, rather being in the prison and living celebrities lives despite their heinous crime against the state, under the nose of Ironsi?

5. Why were the Igbos in the north tainting the northerners with tshirts made, songs sang and sounds of machine guns, which led to the provocation?

1. The fact that there was even one person aming the plotters that was not Igbo invalidates the title "Igbo coup". And Nigeria has had more than five coups, each time a group of Hausas overthrowing the leader and putting another Hausa in power. Why isn't Nigeria complaining about the "Hausa coups" that have crippled Nigeria more than ever and produced some of our historically worst governments? Why are you choosing to remember only the "Igbo coup". See what I mean? Just hate.

2. I said in my post that the plotters in the South didn't do their part. Only Nzeogwu did. And the Igbo leader that was killed was not as a result of personal vendetta.

3. You are very wrong to say Ironsi was the beneficiary of the coup. Ironsi was the one that organised soldiers and crushed the Coup. A lot more politicians would have died if Ironsi (Igbo man) didn't stop the coup and imprison the plotters.

4. The coup plotters were not partying in the East, as you claim. they were in prison the whole time. It was only when the war started that Ojukwu freed some, but these ones were subsequently executed. Go and read Achebe's "There was a country"

5. So you are saying that because the Igbo people were singing songs it is justified for 50,000 of them to be killed? are you a human being?
When Igbos were expelled from Lagos in 1967 the Yoruba's were singing in the Motor parks as the Igbos were departing "You people should go. Garri will become cheaper". (My mother was 12 at the time, and she clearly remembers)

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyeludef(m): 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

What happened in 1966 coup was nothing short of revenge cos Gowon, Murtala, Danjuma and other senior officers felt betrayed by the eastern and western region cos the origin plan was for all the Democratic leaders to be wiped out but Azikiwe,Awololo and that mid western man survived the attack and only the north recorded heavy casualties.. Am sure till date, the north are yet to forgive the Igbos for what Kaduna chukwuma Nzengwo did to their great men..
awolowo was able to survive that coup cos he was in prison by then. Ladoke Akintola was killed
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
haywire07:

Bro, am Yoruba in fact from ile- ife bt regarding hausas as vagabonds is gross . Ur post is similar to that of PEJ who said to the hausas that ''we have nothing to do with the pple from that side'' only if she wz sensible enoff to realise that the hausas are the most populated and has a whooping 19 states out of 36 .

And how is development in that region? After all their large numbers and 19 states the North still has the highest poverty and illiteracy levels in Nigeria. Western education is stifled. No growth.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
oyeludef:
sardauna(ahmadu bello) not sultan. You obviously know nothing abt Nigeria history
tankio.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by dokyOloye: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
umar745:
OP this is rubbish.
Maybe you should write another epistle on how Major Okafor and Nzeogwu murdered Ahmadu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and other eminent northerners and Aguyi Ironsi refused to punish or put them on trial.

It is wrong to say Ironsi was killed because he was close to northerners, if he was close to northerners he'll know all the northerners wanted was for Nzeogwu and Okafor to be executed for killing their leaders while Azikiwe conveniently traveled out days before the coup.
he was killed because he was a tribalist who refused to punish outrageous acts of his tribes men.
F.ucking tribalists
Does that justify d widespread killing of Igbo civilians all over the country after d so called June 66 counter coup whilst Gowon looked on and did nothing?
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyeludef(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:
Notice there was no instance in the story where Fajuiyi was killed because he was begging for Ironsi' s life.

Yorubas had used their control of the media in the 60's and 70's to fabricate a story of Fajuiyi begging for Ironsi's life. They have also done all they could to promote Igbophobia by presenting the Jan coup as an Igbo coup, their lies and sins against the Igbo nation are indeed heavy.

Fajuiyi was implicated in the Jan coup, the Northerners already marked him for death in the counter coup, but to maintain the Igbo coup story, the Yoruba media propaganda cannot report Fajuiyi implication in the Jan coup, it will ruin their " Igbo coup" script, they were already struggling on how to exonerate Ademoyega and Kpera, they just had to concoct a story of an altruistic and Jesusesque Fajuiyi, who gave up his life to protect an already condemned Ironsi. It was a tough sell, but for an Igbophobic country, anything negative attached to Ndiigbo is usually swallowed hook, line and sinker.
lol. Even BBC at that time reported d coup as igbo coup so wats ur point

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
SopranoCoder:

1. The fact that there was even one person aming the plotters that was not Igbo invalidates the title "Igbo coup". And Nigeria has had more than five coups, each time a group of Hausas overthrowing the leader and putting another Hausa in power. Why isn't Nigeria complaining about the "Hausa coups" that have crippled Nigeria more than ever and produced some of our historically worst governments? Why are you choosing to remember only the "Igbo coup". See what I mean? Just hate.

2. I said in my post that the plotters in the South didn't do their part. Only Nzeogwu did. And the Igbo leader that was killed was not as a result of personal vendetta.

3. You are very wrong to say Ironsi was the beneficiary of the coup. Ironsi was the one that organised soldiers and crushed the Coup. A lot more politicians would have died if Ironsi (Igbo man) didn't stop the coup and imprison the plotters.

4. The coup plotters were not partying in the East, as you claim. they were in prison the whole time. It was only when the war started that Ojukwu freed some, but these ones were subsequently executed. Go and read Achebe's "There was a country"

5. So you are saying that because the Igbo people were singing songs it is justified for 50,000 of them to be killed? are you a human being?
When Igbos were expelled from Lagos in 1967 the Yoruba's were singing in the Motor parks as the Igbos were departing "You people should go. Garri will become cheaper". (My mother was 12 at the time, and she clearly remembers)

1. It is and it will forever be an Igbo coup. Except you want to agree with me that 1 yorubaman is equals to 11 igbomen. Shikena

2. The hausas are never apologetic for their coups and you do not have to be either. Mostly hausas coups are against northerners and most have been bloodless palace coups.

3. Nzeogwu must be the son of a devil, if he alone committed all those callous atrocities. Others did their part, except the ones that were meant to.assasinate Michael Okpara.

3. Ironsi had a choice of allowing Dipcharima that was nominated by the council, but he refused and took over. Giving into suspicion that he knew about the coup all.along. What is there in allowing the most high ranking minister to take over governance after the assaination.of the prime minister!

4. The coupists were in prison during the day and partying at night. That was a known fact. Get your facts right.

5. I never justified the killing of 50k igbos. I only told you events that led to the provocation and the killings. The same way tension is building about Lagos being a no man's land. When the calamity happens, in your usual way, you will start claiming the victim, forgetting the events that led to.it.

8 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

3. Why was Ironsi, the beneficiary of the coup led by people of his ethnic extraction? He could have allowed a civilian to continue to rule. The council has already nominated Dipcharima, which he refused.

5. Why were the Igbos in the north taunting the northerners with tshirts made, songs sang and sounds of machine guns, which led to the provocation?

6. Who cancelled the regions and concentrated power at the centre, with the aim of dominating others, in igbos usual myopic ways?

7. Why did Ojukwu made secession the first line of action rather than dialogue?

8. Why was secession not declared under Ironsi. Whereas the same Ironsi quashed the declaration of secession led by Adaka Boro.

8. All these events preceded Aburi Accord. Therefore, if these events have not happened, there would not have been an Aburi Accord. Aburi Accord is null and void ab initio.

Let me stop here.

Point of correction:

1. Igbos do not have any money in any bank. Giving them 20pounds was an act of good faith by the Nigerian State.

As at 2015 Nigeria is still under banked and what would have been the amount would have had in the bank in 1966.

The same people that were living for their newly formed country would have withdrawn all their money.

Do.not forget that Igbos looted CBN in Port Harcourt Calabar, Enugu and Benin.

Also, as at 1972 when indigenisation policy was made, it was targeted at foreign companies and multinationals and not trading 2by2inches shops owned by Igbos.

Get your facts right.

wow I'm trying to speak as objectively as possible but your bring ethnic emotions into this.
"Usual Igbo myopic way.."
As far as I'm concerned Igbos are one of the most progressive people in Nigeria. Igbo people are always looking for ways to go up the ladder.

Man I came here for proper intellectual discourse. Not you ethnic hate.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

The same way Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and Akintola, Okotie-eboh, top soldiers of northern extraction also invaded Biafra?

Whereas Angel Gabriel was protecting Michael Okpara and Angel Michael was beside Azikiwe in his never-ending medical jamboree to carribeans via UK.

See through the eyes of others. Igbos are not the only one that has sense.

You are beginning to digress from the post I replied.

There are many threads on Nairaland that dealt with the circumstances surrounding how and Why Zik and Okpara survived that coup, look for them and knock yourself out.

Now, back to topic.

You felt Igbo military men killed your leaders,fair enough, you went on to get your revenge by killing Ironsi, many other Igbo military officers and Igbo civilians in the North.

That's revenge, an eye for eye, so why then were you invading Biafra? A continuation of the revenge or simply aggression?

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by dokyOloye: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
asamaigho:

please tell us were ibb,abdusalami abubakar,gowon came from?

am sure ur tecno phone can access the internet so please don't disgrace urself publicly.
they are from north central.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
oyeludef:
lol. Even BBC at that time reported d coup as igbo coup so wats ur point

How Quaint! So the British also told the Northerners to mark Jesus Fajuiyi for death for his involvement in the coup? *grins*
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by haywire07(m): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

Travelled out for an official meeting..
Coincidence ,...isn't it?
The coup wasn't carried out all the while Azikwe wz in d country o, instead a covert training wz going on. All of a sudden , an Igbo leader travelled out fr an official meeting and d 'exercise damisa' just got ready fr the mission .

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by mobaking: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Equalizer:

Was it only Azikiwe that escaped the coup? didn't you hear that Awolowo and other top yuroba leaders escaped too.. In Nigeria, when one makes sentence without including the Igbos in it, the sentence seems not to be correct..
AWOLOWO was in prison in 1966.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) / PHOTOS: #istandwithnigeria Protest In Uyo / US Justice Department Issues Statement On Atiku Abubakar’s Alleged Criminal Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.