Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). (47375 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

Ndiigbo are not just good at calumny and image destruction, we are naturally self absorbed people, preferring to work on our self rather than work on other people.

I look back at pre civil war Nigeria, I see Igbophobic utterances from various Nigerian tribal leaders, from Akintola Ronu speech, Oba Akenzua article, to Saraduna infamous igbophobic speech, and I look at Ndiigbo, I couldn't find one of such hate speech directed at other groups by Igbo leaders of that era, all I see is self praise and glorification of Igbo achievements and plans to achieve more in the future.

That was their greatest undoing, they were so self absorbed that they allowed lots of Igbophobic slurs emanating from different Nigerian ethnic groups slide without proper rebuttal and even a billion times hate speech directed at such groups. They pretended all was right until they woke up one morning and found out that the rest of the country were drunk with Igbophobia.

The present generation of Ndiigbo will not repeat the mistakes of our front runners, every iota of Igbophobic utterance or actions by any Nigerian group must be properly debunked, refuted and dissected to expose the falsehood here in. FFK and Oba of Lagos had since learnt this lesson the bitter way.

The modern Igbo will not stop just at self praise and glorification of our achievements as a group and individuals, but will return every iota of hatred directed at the Igbo nation with a trillion times more hatred towards the offending group or person,this is the modern reality, tell your people that this is a new Igbo era.

As usual Igbos always claiming the victim. Why other were making Igbophobic speeches, what was Azikiwe doing? He was busy drinking tea and inspecting guard of honours every morning, which were his primary constitutional role, being the ceremonial president?

The Igbos of the new era should also inculcate respect for others and decorum in their new curriculum. Of lessons of life learnt by them.

5 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

1. It is and it will forever be an Igbo coup. Except you want to agree with me that 1 yorubaman is equals to 11 igbomen. Shikena

2. The hausas are never apologetic for their coups and you do not have to be either. Mostly hausas coups are against northerners and most have been bloodless palace coups.

3. Nzeogwu must be the son of a devil, if he alone committed all those callous atrocities. Others did their part, except the ones that were meant to.assasinate Michael Okpara.

3. Ironsi had a choice of allowing Dipcharima that was nominated by the council, but he refused and took over. Giving into suspicion that he knew about the coup all.along. What is there in allowing the most high ranking minister to take over governance after the assaination.of the prime minister!

4. The coupists were in prison during the day and partying at night. That was a known fact. Get your facts right.

5. I never justified the killing of 50k ignis. I.onky told you events that led tot the provocation and the killings. The same way tension is building about Lagos being a no man's land. When the calamity happens, in your usual way, you will start claiming the victim, forgetting the events that led to.it.

Wait you're angry that Ironsi didn't want to give up power after he crushed the coup?
So what if he wanted to be head of state?
When Sanni Abacha, who is arguably our most corrupt and abusive leader, seized power from the constitutionally-recognized interim government nobody complained.

See what I mean. Just Ibo hate. nothing else.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
A group of thieves came into my house to steal my resources and kill my women and children, I got my rifle and shot at them in defense of my house , my women, children and resources.

Now someone is telling me that I should have considered that the children and relatives of the thieves are also as angry with me for killing their rogue sons in defense of my house, as I am angry with the thieves relatives for supporting the rogue activities of their sons, that cost me some of my women and kids lives.

Are they for real?

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by babajero(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
haywire07:

Bro, am Yoruba in fact from ile- ife bt regarding hausas as vagabonds is gross . Ur post is similar to that of PEJ who said to the hausas that ''we have nothing to do with the pple from that side'' only if she wz sensible enoff to realise that the hausas are the most populated and has a whooping 19 states out of 36 .
Yes 19, and that is exactly the politics that is killing nigeria, that makes nigeria not know its left from its right, borning like dogs just to have the highest population for election, is height of foolishness, and depicts vagabonds, do you know how many population hausas produce in a month? with little or nothing to train them. Hausas are vagabonds till they change their ways of thinking and living.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
SopranoCoder:

Wait you're angry that Ironsi didn't want to give up power after he crushed the coup?
So what if he wanted to be head of state?
When Sanni Abacha, who is arguably our most corrupt and abusive leader, seized power from the constitutionally-recognized interim government nobody complained.

See what I mean. Just Ibo hate. nothing else.

Then how do you want to convince me he was not part of the coup ab initio, if he was not ready to let the most senior Minister become the Prime Minister? See Igboman's logic.

Abacha planned his coup and benefited from it and he owes no one apology for it. Now story.

There is no Ibo hatred in this. I am just subjecting your brain to critical reasoning and for you to.purge yourselves of the lies that your uncles told you of their false heroics.

There is no crime in that.

Anyway, you are yet to answer my fundamental and highly germane questions.

6 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

As usual Igbos always claiming the victim. Why other were making Igbophobic speeches, what was Azikiwe doing? He was busy drinking tea and inspecting guard of honours every morning, which were his primary constitutional role, being the ceremonial president?

The Igbos of the new era should also inculcate respect for others and decorum in their new curriculum. Of lessons of life learnt by them.

Show me a single pre civil war hate speech made by Zik or anyother. Igbo leader against any Nigerian ethnic group?

There are none! All They did was take pride in the Igboman's achievements as a people and individuals, and forecasting a greater future for Ndiigbo and Igboland.

All those while, there were many Igbophobic utterances emanating from different quarters of Nigeria.

Rather than spread their wings and soar with the Eagle, the Nigerian chickens even though with wings of their own, grew fat with envy, refused to fly, but instead sought for ways to force the Eagle to walk with them.

5 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

Then how do you want to convince me he was not part of the coup ab initio, if he was not ready to let the most senior Minister become the Prime Minister? See Igboman's logic.

Abacha planned his coup and benefited from it and he owes no one apology for it. Now story.

There is no Ibo hatred in this. I am just subjecting your brain to critical reasoning and for you to.purge yourselves of the lies that your uncles told you of their false heroics.

There is no crime in that.
omg Ironsi wasn't in on the coup becuase he crushed it. Have you not heard anything I've said? Whay don't you people really complain about Hausa coups? Just because an Ibo man did it he's the devil. Hypocritical Nigeria.

"Abacha planned his coup and benefited from it and he owes no one apology for it. Now story."
wow you really just tried to exculpate Gen Sanni Abacha for his grievous sins. But just imagine if Abacha was Igbo, Igbo people and their descendants won't hear word for 200 years.

False heroics? You know it was because the suffering in Biafra that Doctors Without Borders was established, yet with all that they persisted for 3 years.

My uncle didn't tell me any lies. He wasn't even in the army. He worked in one the mobile oil refineries the Ibo built and maintained during the war.

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

Show me a single pre civil war hate speech made by Zik or anyother. Igbo leader against any Nigerian ethnic group?

There are none! All They did was taking pride in the Igboman's achievements as a people and individuals, and forecasting a greater future for Ndiigbo and Igboland.

All those while, there were many Igbophobic utterances emanating from different quarters of Nigeria.

Rather than spread their wings and soar with the Eagle, the Nigerian chickens even though with wings of their own, grew fat with envy, refused to fly, but instead sought for ways to force the Eagle to walk with them.

This is just it.
Other people in Nigeria got jealous of the Igbo immense success, and consequently plotted to bring them down to their human levels.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by PenSniper: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
Honestly, I don't know what to make of people whose collective behaviour brings them out as despicable set of people. The bad blood generated by Chinua Achebe's falsification of history is still pervading and here is another former Captain and Senator blatantly falsifying facts. In his sttempt to desecrate facts, for whatever reasons, he inadvertently presented Ironsi as a man not worth his uniform, rank and position. A man who heard of on-going coup against him yet timidly sat waiting for them as a lame dock? I was alive when the events of 1966 was unfolding. Aguiyi Ironsi and Adekunle Fajuyi were ambushed along a road in Ibadan. I saw the picture of their gruesome murder in the then Daily Times. Not in any bush. I wouldn't be surprised if this so-called senator was a coward who heard of The coup but chickened out and bolted leaving his colleagues to their fate. Considering the mood of the coupists and their mission, his story from the time the police commissioner allegedly called to the end lacks logic. The length people can go to manufacture mischief beats me hollow.

6 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
SopranoCoder:

omg Ironsi wasn't in on the coup becuase he crushed it. Have you not heard anything I've said? Whay don't you people really complain about Hausa coups? Just because an Ibo man did it he's the devil. Hypocritical Nigeria.

"Abacha planned his coup and benefited from it and he owes no one apology for it. Now story."
wow you really just tried to exculpate Gen Sanni Abacha for his grievous sins. But just imagine if Abacha was Igbo, Igbo people and their descendants won't hear word for 200 years.

False heroics? You know it was because the suffering in Biafra that Doctors Without Borders was established, yet with all that they persisted for 3 years.

My uncle didn't tell me any lies. He wasn't even in the army. He worked in one the mobile oil refineries the Ibo built and maintained during the war.

1. I said convince me on Ironsi not being part of the coup ab initio, if he was the beneficiary of the coup and he also refused to let the most senior civilian minister to take over? You are just busy exclaiming, as if your exclamation is the fact that I need.

2. Coups have always been labeled one way or the other and the maib actors in such coups have never been apologetic. Gideon Orkar's coup was seen as NC coup and the NC never apologised for it and they also were not asking for apology of the Nigerian State for killing their sons. Reverse is the case with the Igbos. Take responsibility for your actions and bear the consequences of it. Shikena.

3. Abacha was kanuri and NE and was demonised to the highest heavens. He is the most demonised president in the Nigerian history. If he was an Igbo president, what we would be hearing is "Leave him, he is our son, in whom.we are well.pleased". That is the difference.

4. If your uncle did not tell you any story, then read more with an open mind. Leave your Igbo ethnicity on one side and read with an open mind. Ask questions the people on the other side are asking and now find answers to.it with your Igbo mind. Then see if your answers can convince you yourself.

5. Stop this your annoying they held out for 3years pantomime. The Nigerian State did not declare full scale war till 1968. However, Tamil Tigers held out for 2decades in Sri Lanka, FARC have been holding out for decades in Colombia, Osama Bin Laden held out for a whole decade against US, Boko Haram is holding out against Nigeria for 6yeara and ISIS has been holding out against the rest of the world for almost 3years.

There is nothing to be celebrated in a stup1d heroics that led 3million women and children alone to their untimely deaths.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
PenSniper:
Honestly, I don't know what to make of people whose collective behaviour brings them out as despicable set of people. The bad blood generated by Chinua Achebe's falsification of history is still pervading and here is another former Captain and Senator blatantly falsifying facts. In his sttempt to desecrate facts, for whatever reasons, he inadvertently presented Ironsi as a man not worth his uniform, rank and position. A man who heard of on-going coup against him yet timidly sat waiting for them as a lame dock? I was alive when the events of 1966 was unfolding. Aguiyi Ironsi and Adekunle Fajuyi were ambushed along a road in Ibadan. I saw the picture of their gruesome murder in the then Daily Times. The length people can go to manufacture mischief beats me hollow.

So you believe your sweet lies? The Yoruba lies of Jesus Fajuiyi who sacrificed his life for an already condemned Ironsi?

Rationally, does that Yoruba lies of Fajuiyi insisting to die with Ironsi make any sense to you? Does that kind of action look like something a Yoruba man is capable of?

Oh the folly of Jesus Fajuiyi, who didn't like his life enough to save it, but decided to throw it away in a stupid cause, stupid in the sense that with or without his death, Ironsi would have still been murdered, his( Fajuiyi) death hence was meaningless!

Who ever concocted that Fajuiyi Jesus story is an slowpoke, great liars often make sure their lies stay as close to the truth as possible, but in the case of Jesus Fajuiyi, even without Nwankwor story, any rational being can deduce the lies in that story.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

There are none! All They did was take pride in the Igboman's achievements as a people and individuals, and forecasting a greater future for Ndiigbo and Igboland.

Pazienza, we have all been around NL for long and we have dwelt on every single events concerning the bitter experience and the not too glorious actions of our all our founding fathers, we cannot keep arguing back and forth on a yearly basis on.them.

Have learnt a lot from all the political discuss on NL. Some really made me to read in-depth about Nigeria. The contributions of Deridegull now Dede1, katsumoto etc have been eye opening. In all our ethnic jingoism and jibes, we have all.learnt a lot. I now understand the culture and mentality of a typical Igboman, which is totally not.in tandem.with a yorubaman and hausa/fulani.

This generation and the coming ones have a choice of either learning from the mistakes of the past and avoid repeating them OR keep dwelling on them till eternity comes.

All sides made fundamental mistakes and there was a high level of immaturity in most of their actions. None of them was a saint.

Do not bring the achievements issue here. Even your Chinua Achebe alluded to.it that the Yorubas were ahead of everybody. That is a story for another day,all the same.

One thing I will jot stand on NL, is some younger generations spewing rubbish about the events of 1966 based on false heroics and tales by moonlight stories of their fathers and uncles.

9 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by PenSniper: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

So you believe your sweet lies? The Yoruba lies of Jesus Fajuiyi who sacrificed his life for an already condemned Ironsi?

Rationally, does that Yoruba lies of Fajuiyi insisting to die with Ironsi make any sense to you? Does that kind of action look like something a Yoruba man is capable of?

Oh the folly of Jesus Fajuiyi, who didn't like his life enough to save it, but decided to throw it away in a stupid cause, stupid in the sense that with or without his death, Ironsi would have still be murdered, his( Fajuiyi) death hence was meaningless!

Who ever concocted that Fajuiyi Jesus story is an slowpoke, great liars often make sure their lies stay as close to the truth as possible, but in the case of Jesus Fajuiyi, even without Nwankwor story, any rational being can deduce the lies in that story.

Where did you go to school ? Please get off this forum before you degrade its standard, biko.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

Pazienza, we have all been around NL for long and we have dwelt on every single events concerning the bitter experience and the not too glorious actions of our all our founding fathers, we cannot keep arguing back and forth on a yearly basis on.them.

Have learnt a lot from all the political discuss on NL. Some really made me to read in-depth about Nigeria. The contributions of Deridegull now Dede1, katsumoto etc have been eye opening.

This generation and the coming ones have a choice of either learning from the mistakes of the past and avoid repeating them OR keep dwelling on them till eternity comes.

All sides made fundamental mistakes and there was a high level of immaturity in most of their actions. None of them was a saint.

Do not bring the achievements issue here. Even your Chinua Achebe alluded to.it that the Yorubas were ahead of everybody. That is a story for another day,all the same.

One thing I will jot stand on NL, it's some younger generations spewing rubbish about the events of 1966 based on false heroics and tales by moonlight stories of their fathers and uncles.

Ndiigbo cannot forget or forgive the events that took place between 1966-70 and even beyond, we will be stupid to, not when the groups that brought such pain and destruction to us remain unrepentant and show no remorse for their actions.

Achebe knew the Igbo consciousness needed re awakening, that's why he gave us that book before he died. All those years he kept rejecting awards from Nigeria and her leaders, giving them excuses, but I want to believe that was his own way of showing his rejection of Nigeria and all she stands for, Achebe never stopped being a Biafran at heart, all Igbo persons with brains shouldn't stop being Biafrans at heart, for even if you stop being so, it makes no difference, cos other Nigerians still see us as such(Biafrans).

I am pan African, I harbour no hatred for any Black African group, but I believe strongly that Igboland deserve and needs to be an independent nation of it's own.

4 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by umar745(m): 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
dokyOloye:
Does that justify d widespread killing of Igbo civilians all over the country after d so called June 66 counter coup whilst Gowon looked on and did nothing?

Dude, it was a war and there were casualties on both sides. Don't play the victim.

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

Ndiigbo cannot forget or forgive the events that took place between 1966-70 and even beyond, we will be stupid to, not when the groups that brought such pain and destruction to us remain unrepentant and show no remorse for their actions.

Achebe knew the Igbo consciousness needed re awakening, that's why he gave us that book before he died. All those years he kept rejecting awards from Nigeria and her leaders, giving them excuses, but I want to believe that was his own way of showing his rejection of Nigeria and all she stands for, Achebe never stopped being a Biafran at heart, all Igbo persons with brains shouldn't stop being Biafrans at heart, for even if you stop being so, it makes no difference, cos other Nigerians still see us as such.

I am pan African, I harbour no hatred for any Black African group, but I believe strongly that Igboland deserve and needs to be an independent nation of it's own.

The Genesis of the events of 1966-70 started with the Igbos. Therefore, we all deserve apologies first from the Igbos. We can now take it from there. If you are expecting Nigerian state to apologise first, without you take the first step, you are on a long thing, after absorbing Igbos back into.Nigeria, even subsidies their lives at the end of the war with 20pounds - without working for.the Nigerian State for 3years, in fact you wasted our resources, time that could have been spent on national development and human lives. That was fair enough.

The stup1d book written by Achebe, only made us to realise how sorrowful Achebe was on his death bed, nothing more nothing less.

Igbos realising their long sought after nationhood is very easy. Just head to Geneva and engage UN, based on the charter of self determination. The problem is do you have the patience and diplomatic acumen for such tortuous and rigorous process. UK will get her allies -- US, FRANCE to vote against it,because it projects them in bad light of being bad administrators. We are one of the very few standing large nations colonised by Britain. India and Pakistan have gone their ways. Burma has gone the same way. To them it's their pride that will be at stake and.not your glorious right of self determination. There is no harm in.trying.

13 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by rakkie: 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
Was it not the same aguiyi inrosi that planned coup on how to killed Tafawa balewa, ahmadu bello , ladoke akintola and save his brothers nnamdi azikwe and Anthony enahoro, he even jailed obafemi awolowo, so igbo people are cunning, if he sacrifice his life for brothers it's not a barrier.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

The Genesis of the events of 1966-70 started with the Igbos. Therefore, we all deserve apologies first from the Igbos. We can now take it from there. If you are expecting Nigerian state to apologise first, without you take the first step, you are on a long thing, after absorbing Igbos back into.Nigeria, even subsidies their lives at the end of the war with 20pounds - without working for.the Nigerian State for 3years, in fact you wasted our resources, time that could have been spent on national development and human lives. That was fair enough.

The stup1d book written by Achebe, only made us to realise how sorrowful Achebe was on his death bed, nothing more nothing less.

Igbos realising their long sought after nationhood is very easy. Just head to Geneva and engage UN, based on the charter of self determination. The problem is do you have the patience and diplomatic acumen for such tortuous and rigorous process. UK will get her allies -- US, FRANCE to vote against it,because it projects them in bad light of being bad administrators. We are one of the very few standing large nations colonised by Britain. India and Pakistan have gone their ways. Burma has gone the same way. To them it's their pride that will be at stake and.not your glorious right of self determination. There is no harm in.trying.

*grins*

So predictable! Anyway, the purpose of this thread had been achieved.

The Yoruba lies of Jesus Fajuiyi has been exposed and rendered as lies and falsehood! It's now left for rational minds out there to judge for themselves, the extent people can go to distort history!

As per the last part of your post, I sometimes wonder why Yorubas don't desire Odua republic, it's really interesting, though I already have my own hypothesis on that.

Breaking out of a parasitic nation is not always that Easy, it takes more than just diplomacy, which by the way, Ndiigbo have in abundance than your Yoruba group, as your diplomacy have not helped you to reclaim Ilorin.
Catalonia is still struggling to free itself from parasitic Spain, even as organized and advanced as Catalonia is, they are not finding it easy, how much more Biafra.

Nigeria has a similar problem as Spain, should Catalonia secede, the Basque and the Valencia country will follow suit and Madrid suffers.

The secession of Biafra will trigger a chain reaction of events that will see ethnic groups in the SS follow suit,founding their own countries, leaving the poor United republic of Oduanistan and Arewanistan to stand as a residue.

But one thing is sure, if we keep trying, we will overcome one day! Achebe never gave up on Biafra, no Igboman should!

3 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by umar745(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
babajero:
Yes 19, and that is exactly the politics that is killing nigeria, that makes nigeria not know its left from its right, borning like dogs just to have the highest population for election, is height of foolishness, and depicts vagabonds, do you know how many population hausas produce in a month? with little or nothing to train them. Hausas are vagabonds till they change their ways of thinking and living.

I was going to insult you but then I'll reduce myself to your level. You'll never have biafra, and we and the yorubas will have dominion over you FOREVER. tongue
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
zendy:
Ironsi was warned several times about the impending coup but he felt that it just be something that would blow over. Danjuma who arrested and killed Ironsi has never answered for his crimes,he is still on the national gallivanting about with the billions he is making from the oil blocs allocated to him. Nigeria started going down the road of no return as soon as the British handed over. As an Igbo man, I have nothing in common with a Yoruba or Hausa man and we shouldn't be together in one country. The mistake the British made was not split Nigeria 3 ways. Since then to this very day, all we have done is kill each other.
"As an Igbo man, I have nothing in common with a Yoruba or Hausa man." What about the colour of your blood and the air we breathe in? Your type is one of the reasons Aba is like a refuse dump. Think of something better instead of ethnic/religious bigotry. God bless my brothers and sisters in Religion and Humanity. #SayNoToTribalism

2 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by IGBOSON2: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
KingTom:
Young boy! Gen. Murtala R. Mohammed was never sick undecided

^^^The innocent young men he slaughtered in cold blood in Asaba may beg to differ!......Just saying!!

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
umar745:

I was going to insult you but then I'll reduce myself to your level. You'll never have biafra, and we and the yorubas will have dominion over you FOREVER. tongue
are you ok?
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
Truthpallbearer:
"As an Igbo man, I have nothing in common with a Yoruba or Hausa man." What about the colour of your blood and the air we breathe in? Your type is one of the reasons Aba is like a refuse dump. Think of something better instead of ethnic/religious bigotry. God bless my brothers and sisters in Religion and Humanity. #SayNoToTribalism

You are silly. Aba is not the capital of Abia state. Umuahia is. Name the town in your state that is not the state capital, that is as developed and advanced as Aba!

Ignorant person. You have no brother and sisters in Igboland, I believe you know where your brothers and sisters are.
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by IGBOSON2: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
umar745:

^^^Pride always comes before a fall! Maybe you think this is the 60s; a time when dictators, sociopaths and wackos held countries together by the barrel of the military juntas gun!

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

*grins*

So predictable! Anyway, the purpose of this thread had been achieved.

The Yoruba lies of Jesus Fajuiyi has been exposed and rendered as lies and falsehood! It's now left for rational minds out there to judge for themselves, the extent people can go to distort history!

As per the last part of your post, I sometimes wonder why Yorubas don't desire Odua republic, it's really interesting, though I already have my own hypothesis on that.

Breaking out of a parasitic nation is not always that Easy, it takes more than just diplomacy, which by the way, Ndiigbo have in abundance than your Yoruba group, as your diplomacy have not helped you to reclaim Ilorin.
Catalonia is still struggling to free itself from parasitic Spain, even as organized and advanced as Catalonia is, they are not finding it easy, much more Biafra.

But one thing is sure, if we keep trying, we will overcome one day! Achebe never gave up on Biafra, no man should!

As for me the following were achieved with this thread:

1. The disproving of the "We are being persecuted unjustly mentality of igbos"

2. The disproving of "we had money in the bank and we were paid 20pounds lies of the igbos"

3. The disproving of the "indigensation policy was targeted at us lies of the Igbos".

We desire our Odua State but we know the reality and truth of how difficult it is to realise, without starting first with regionalism. That is why we have always been the main canvassers for regionalism system of governance, that SE and SS are just clamouring for. With that, you can easily have your resource control and tend towards nationhood gradually, rather than out rightly asking for a nationhood that will be antagonised at all diplomatic channels.

It would have been nice if your diplomacy was able to get get back your forefathers houses, streets and even towns (eg Oyigbo) that were declared abandoned, hijacked and renamed in Rivers State. Lmao.

To be candid and objective the only parasitic region within Nigeria is SE. NW NE and NC offers Nigeria food and offering of their lives to defend the integrity and sovereignty of.our nation.through the various forces that they dominate, SW human capacity income from taxes and duties, conducive business environment, as well as oil, while SS has oil.

What is SE offering? OK your 2by2 inches trading shops constituting nuisance and eye sore to other regions? It is obvious you depend on others and others do not depend upon you. How many people do you see coming to SE to buy things to sell in their region? That says it all about the parasitism of some people.

Kindly expedite action on your Biafra or Beeafran mirage.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by IGBOSON2: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
umar745:

Dude, it was a war and there were casualties on both sides. Don't play the victim.

^^^Don't be a fool!

Ever heard of rules of engagement in war!? If such rules never existed, there wouldn't be any need for the phrase 'war criminal'!

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by pazienza(m): 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Super1Star:

As for me the following were achieved with this thread:

1. The disproving of the "We are being persecuted unjustly mentality of igbos"

2. The disproving of "we had money in the bank and we were paid 20pounds lies of the igbos"

3. The disproving of the "indigensation policy was targeted at us lies of the Igbos".

We desire our Odua State but we know the reality and truth of how difficult it is to realise, without starting first with regionalism. That is why we have always been the main canvassers for regionalism system of governance, that SE and SS are just clamouring for. With that, you can easily have your resource control and tend towards nationhood gradually, rather than out rightly asking for a nationhood that will be antagonised at all diplomatic channels.

It would have been nice if your diplomacy was able to get get back your forefathers houses, streets and even towns that were declared abandoned, hijacked and renamed in Rivers State. Lmao.

To be candid and objective the only parasitic region within Nigeria is SE. NW NE and NC offers Nigeria food and offering of their lives to defend the integrity and sovereignty of.our nation.through the various forces that they dominate, SW human capacity income from taxes and duties, conducive business environment, as well as oil, while SS has oil.

What is SE offering? OK your 2by2 inches trading shops constituting nuisance and eye sore to other regions? It is obvious you depend on others and others do not depend upon you. How many people do you see coming to SE to buy things to sell in their region? That says it all about the parasitism of some people.

Kindly expedite action on your Biafra or Beeafran mirage.

None of those things you stated were the topics in discuss here, so I don't know how you can disprove what were never discussed

The Topic of discussion was the circumstances surrounding Ironsi's death and Jesus Fajuiyi story role as explained by Nwankwor.

If you want those other topics discussed, open a thread on them and then invite me, I will be quite happy to oblige.

Meanwhile, you failed to provide any hate speech by Igbo leaders pre civil war, that was directed towards other Nigerian groups, not even one! *grins*

1 Like

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by KingTom(m): 2:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^The innocent young men he slaughtered in cold blood in Asaba may beg to differ!......Just saying!!
Yes they may
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by oyeludef(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Pride always comes before a fall! Maybe you think this is the 60s; a time when dictators, sociopaths and wackos held countries together by the barrel of the military juntas gun!
as long as you guys choose to dwell on d past, d hausas and yoruba would still b in control. Dis was d same reason apga refused to join political force wit apc (calling it Muslim party as if pdp isnt a northern party) and even went ahead to vote against one of their own just because he associated wit apc. Keep dwelling on d past and others will b in control of ur present and future.

5 Likes

Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by handsometokunbo: 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
oneeaast:
re yu sure he is igbo??

It's obvious to the blind, audible to deaf and well written all over the write up
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by umar745(m): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Don't be a fool!

Ever heard of rules of engagement in war!? If such rules never existed, there wouldn't be any need for the phrase 'war criminal'!
I know how crude that post was, you however must understand that I was replying and equally crude remark. You can check the post I quoted with that statement
Re: See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). by Super1Star: 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

None of those things you stated were the topics in discuss here, so I don't know how you can disprove what was never in discussed

The Topic of discussion was the circumstances surrounding Ironsi's death and Jesus Fajuiyi story role as explained by Nwankwor.

If you want those other topics discussed, open a thread on them and then invite me, I will be quite happy to oblige.

Meanwhile, you failed to provide any hate speech by Igbo leaders pre civil war, that was directed towards other Nigerian groups, not even one! *grins*

The tales by moonlight story that started this thread is the usual Igbo revisionist attempt distort history, just like Achebe tried to and he failed.

You are asking for hate speeches of Igbo leaders, when Anambra's election is still very fresh in our memory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 7 Cars Used By Nigerian Politicians / The Most Influencial And Popular Governor In Nigeria Today / Dean Hurlock: Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Arrested In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.