Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder (47575 Views)

Commonwealth Doctors Condemn Buhari’s Medical Trip To London / El Rufai Appoints Bringbackourgirls Founder As Chief Of Staff / SHOCK As #bringbackourgirls Founder Gets A Pat On The Back From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by zicoraads: 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

It is funny until you realize I have better things to do with my time than go back and forth on NL for a whole day.
Yea right. Some of us are jobless and are still trying to figure out how best to use our time grin

I guess the time is usually enough until your defence becomes worthless tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
Have I just been scammed. 'So Bring back our girl' was just an undercover project?? Nigeria don enter one chance!
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Marvinspeed(m): 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
stronger:

I am not saying she has been appointed to such a committee, I am just saying what if she is, should she reject it? This is in response to your comment that makes it seem like she should not be in the new government until the girls are rescued.

Every Nigerian with a conscience stood up for the girls. Should they all NOT participate in the govt and help Nigeria move forward in order to prevent things like this from happening again? Should they all be banned because they stood up for the girls?

I forgot to add "if she's given such position". Does that clarify my comment?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
rabzy:

After may 29 let PDP or whoever form #BBBOG. Buhari bring back our girls. The chibok girls is a subset of the BH issue and BH issue is just one out of the myriads of things that led to the defeat of Jonathan.

So Its just an undercover scam then. Some people don enter one chance!
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by anigold(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mogidi:

[size=15pt]Hadiza Bala (former member of CPC)[/size]

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/outrage-nigerians-condemn-appointment-of-bbog-founder-into-buharis-transition-committee/

am shocked why OBY and hadiza as mothers could use the suffering of the so-called CHIBOK GIRLS to their own selfish political interest that is HYPOCRISY at its peak..

AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THAT THE CHIBOK GIRLS WAS A SCAM USED BY ANTI-GEJ to dethrone him..
Now They will be rewarded with juicy political portfolios...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Eluwilussit(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
PassingShot:

They're not the same thing. My comments were before the screenshots were added. You may check my modified comment now.

Ok. I see what you mean. Sorry to bother you but all the same, I see a lot of partiality among us. We need to stand for the truth, no matter who is involved.

Expectations are very high, and rightly so. After all the mudslinging and character assassination from the winners of the last election, we need actions and not excuses. We have 'suffered' enough. Haven't we?

Lai Mohammed has done a good job so far to get APC into Aso Rock. That's as much as lies could go. It behooves him and his party to concentrate on their plan and mission and deliver the promises they made to Nigerians. We knew PDP & Jona were not good enough and that's why we voted APC and Buhari in. So it will be silly for anyone to take Nigerians for fools.

I wish Gmb God's grace and guidance in all he does. God bless us all.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Toks2008(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
stronger:

You see the so-called "appointment" is actually on the inauguration team. So they are in charge of sending invites, buying food etc for the inauguration party. PARTY!

Now, every right-thinking Nigerian stood up for the Chibok girls and asked GEJ to do more.

Should they all be excluded from government? In that case GMB should not be president because he also stood up for the Chibok girls.

I perfectly understand your stand-view but you see in a sensitive country such as ours we must never leave any form of anomaly when it comes to matters of national interest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Is anyone surprise at this news when we told nigerians all that was happening in the country were working to make the govt seem incapable and get it out by all cost. Now buhari is looking for ways to put is political opponents in jail with a hearsay missing $20 billion. I have said it its buhari's destiny to take nigeria to war. Just mark my words.

This is my experience, my opinion. Expect your mileage to vary.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by nwaanambra1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

You see when people make comments like "Rewarded for BBOG"I can't help but wonder what the person is up to.

Only PDP apologists consider calling you to serve under a government as a reward rather than an invitation to serve the country because the party has been sitting deeply in corruption and enrichment on public funds.

The woman has said she has never been a member of the APC. Do you have evidence to the contrary? Os the CPC APC?

Are you trying to tell me that every member of the Old CPC are members of the APC? Take Tunde Bakare as an example. If that is true, then every member of AD should be a member of APC but AD is also a political party.

I don't understand why you people love to just jam talk. What has her asking the inept government of President Jonathan to rescue 219 girls that were kidnapped has to do with politics? If we can remember well, it was the PDP that turned it into politics. See picture below.

You people need to argue with a little bit more sincerity and some level of intelligence so we don't put you in the same basket as Fani Kayode and Sarah Palin

the way tanoids reason will give you reasons to question their level of intelligence!

Because the lady participated in "bring back our girls" protest, she is now labeled a non-Nigerian and therefore cannot server her fatherland in any other capacity except as a protester! grin grin

they will still cry when she will be given an appointment far bigger than the position she is serving now! cool

TAINODS should constitute the first set of people to be used for head transplant experiment! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
PassingShot:

It is morally wrong to gain from their pain.

My position is that she's been a member of CPC and later APC long before the BBOG struggle started.

Anyway, if some people see it as a betrayal, reversing her inclusion in the inauguration committee can always be considered.

I never knew she is a politician from onset of BBOG, otherwise would never have taken her seriously. Thought it was just an NGO! and they went all over the world spreading this scam!
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Marvinspeed(m): 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Did the girls get missing under Buhari's nose?
What magic do you want Buhari to perform now after more than 1 year of their kidnap when we do not even know if they are dead or sold out all over Arab countries? Please use and your head and think objectively for once.

I never made mention of buhari performing magic. All I gave was my opinion to how she should have responded by asking GMB to bring back the girls the same way she has been asking GEJ. Read posts to understand not to attack.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
My role model remains minister of health -Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu for systematically helping to stop the spread of Ebola in Nigeria.
Nigeria will also be declared Polio free soonest. We need more people like him!!!
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by jjaku2012: 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
mrmetoo1:
What exactly is wrong in picking a member of BBOG for an appointment? Pls where's the outrage? Where are the protests?
all I can tell you is that with baba one chance Nigeria is goin to be in more problem. God help Nigeria..
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
rabzy:

After may 29 let PDP or whoever form #BBBOG. Buhari bring back our girls. The chibok girls is a subset of the BH issue and BH issue is just one out of the myriads of things that led to the defeat of Jonathan.

GEJ long explained that the BBOG was political , but we where too blinded then to see
must read : http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/169635-apc-has-confirmed-its-role-in-bringbackourgirls-presidency.html
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by anigold(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mogidi:

[size=15pt]Hadiza Bala (former member of CPC)[/size]

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/outrage-nigerians-condemn-appointment-of-bbog-founder-into-buharis-transition-committee/

Seems to me "BRING BACK OUR GIRLS CAMPAIGN" has died a natural death. so now OBY and HADIZA are no more looking for the girls since BUHARI won...
But these were the same ladies who were attacking GEJ cos of the CHIBOK GIRLS.

Are these ladies not interested in bringing back the chibok girls?

Does it mean that CHIBOK story was a scam?
Was the chibok saga a political bullet against GEJ?

TIME WILL REVEAL THE TRUTH..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
So because she is the founder of #BringBackOurGirls she should not hold any appointive post?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by jjaku2012: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
dustydee:

I wonder why the PDP, her supporters and some Nigerians think a call to service is a reward for loyalty. Those people have their personal lives to live. If the government had lived up to its expectation, there would have been no BBOG campaign in the first place. Did the campaigners ever say it was their full time job?
why did they dismantle their camp when the girls are get to return. baba one chance will be the biggest failure in history of Nigeria presidency. I hope he will not cry as usal when the criticism starts coming oo. God help Nigeria..
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Marvinspeed:

I never made mention of buhari performing magic. All I gave was my opinion to how she should have responded by asking GMB to bring back the girls the same way she has been asking GEJ. Read posts to understand not to attack.

GEJ told us long back but we were too blinded to see

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/169635-apc-has-confirmed-its-role-in-bringbackourgirls-presidency.html
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by anigold(m): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chiaka:

I never knew she is a politician from onset of BBOG, otherwise would never have taken her seriously. Thought it was just an NGO! and they went all over the world spreading this scam!

hadiza"s dad was a politician.. its rather unfortunate how a mothers like OBY and HADIZA ccould utilized the sufferings other people's daughters to satisfy her selfish political interest... its so painful...

Am strongly believe the chibok story was a scam...
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by anigold(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
jjaku2012:
why did they dismantle their camp when the girls are get to return. baba one chance will be the biggest failure in history of Nigeria presidency. I hope he will not cry as usal when the criticism starts coming oo. God help Nigeria..

hahahahahhaha immediately baba won the BBOG compaign was over..
like nothing happened.. chai
chai nawao..
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
Toks2008:

I perfectly understand your stand-view but you see in a sensitive country such as ours we must never leave any form of anomaly when it comes to matters of national interest.

we were warned by GEJ but we did not listen

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/169635-apc-has-confirmed-its-role-in-bringbackourgirls-presidency.html
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by stronger: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
bionixs:
i would shout the loudest but would ask buhari to keep his appointment if have not lost every shame i have

Perfect! God bless you! Every Nigerian with a conscience should be shouting along with you as a parent, don't you agree?

If I was kidnapped I would want notable Nigerians to shout for me. Because my parents are in the village and don't have a "voice".

So, the question is if every Nigerian that stands up for the Chibok girls decides to reject an opportunity to serve the new government, who will SERVE? Who will ensure a better job is done to bring them back?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Toks2008(m): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chiaka:

we were warned by GEJ but we did not listen

pls eave the clueless outta this. If he was proactive enough opposition would nt have taken advantage of the situation.

this is politics dear where the opposition will stop at nothing to bring the rulling party down
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
These commentators on twitter are very shallow minded. So in their mind it was BBOG that removed GEJ grin grin grin grin grin Being clueless is a terminal disease.

Does it mean if you support BBOG you must not have any other life again?

Is there any problem in opposition party members raising awareness on the humanitarian crises in Nigeria when our first lady was busy arguing on TV that no girl was kidnapped?

Their understanding of being a politician is also very weak to say the least.

Most politicians in the west have their charity organisation and The woman who spearhead the awareness of human rights abuses in Burma is now a big time politician - and may well become Burma's president in the future

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by stronger: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
jjaku2012:

Go to the Unity fountain in Abuja everyday at 4 pm. They still meet there. If you go there and they are not there, come back and tell the house.

The key people have still been tweeting as ALWAYS. SO what do you mean by "dismantling their camp"?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by stronger: 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
anigold:

hahahahahhaha immediately baba won the BBOG compaign was over..
like nothing happened.. chai
chai nawao..

Go to the Unity fountain in Abuja by 4 pm. They still meet there like before.

They still have their online presence like before!

BBOG was a worldwide trend a week ago when it was ONE YEAR old. So what do you mean the campaign was over?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Guyman02: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Only Idiats believe that these ladies were doing it selflessly. Me I was never deceived from day even though I didnt support GEJ then.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hausa-Fulani scamming some people since 1959. And some people who claimed to be most educated and politically sophisticated have been following SHEEPISHLY.

BBOG my FOOT
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Guk: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Its unfortunate that the depth of reasoning in Nigeria is very shallow. People need to understand a few things and its as simple as this:

(1) Hadiza, in her own right, at a Youthful age has engaged in the quest for good governance in Nigeria without recourse to public funds. Nigerians need to come to terms that some people still do what they love to do without money being the motivating factor. I can tell you that GMB & Prof Osinbajo are not in govt because of money. But GMB is motivated by Power but Power with control as he knows he needs to be in hold of that power to effect changes that will be good for Nigeria on the long run. Can he succeed? He will strive to, but many bobby traps and mine fields along the way.

(2) Hadiza was a commited member of CPC and later APC which she is entitled to, based on her political leanings.

(3) BBOG is a movt that arose out of the need to provide a platform to highlight the plight of an unfortunate group of people and they succeeded in keeping the flame burning. Is it their responsibility to rescue or negotiate the release of the girls? NO!
People need to realise that BBOG is symbolic and a catalyst to restore human concern in cold hearted Nigerians whom majority now see calamity as business as usual. BBOG is a symbol that we should shout from the roof top against injustice of any form.

(4) Our dormant; compromised National Assembly should have even used the oppurtunity presented by BBOG, to raise and pass bills that will provide punishment for negligence of duty of care. The uncorcern shown by Nigerians have given impetus to more abduction; weekly kidnapping; slaughters in the Middle Belt states of Plateau; Benue and Nassarawa.

(5) Is Hadiza wrong to have whilst bn a member of APC, also created BBOG? Is there a conflict of interest? NO!

(6) Was Hadiza picked from BBOG or APC to be in the transition group? It matters not, neither is it a reward ala GEJ style.......its simply for what she has to offer

Nigeria, pls be grateful for people like Hadiza; Oby Ezekwesili; GMB; Prof Osinbajo and others who have given of themselves to serve the community Nigeria without fear or favour as their lives are not influenced or dictated by the =N= & Kobo that some kill themselves to enter govt for
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Chiaka(f): 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

Is there any evidence she is a member of APC?

She said she has never denied being a member is that the same as "I am a member?"

I guess you folks can as well call me a member of the APC too since I most of the time work against the PDP

She never denied been a member of APC here is the prove, but painted the BBOG campaign as not a political campaign while it actually is , like she stands to gain for all her campaign hard work using the BBOG as a tool

“I, Hadiza Bala Usman, the Convener/Initiator of the #BringBackOurGirls movement, is a member of the APC, and there has been no time I have hidden this fact or tried to mask it. But let’s be clear, when I worked to mobilize women, men, and Nigerians at large to come out on April 30th to protest that the Government should intensify efforts to #BringBackOurGirls, I did so not as an APC member, but first as a HUMAN BEING, as a WOMAN, a MOTHER, a NIGERIAN and an AFRICAN. It was never about politics and/or my political affiliations; it was rather about our shared humanity as human beings. As a mother, I have experienced the trauma of not knowing where my child is for few minutes; does it then surprise many why I would be moved to act on behalf of mothers who are yet to see their daughters for 2 weeks (at the first instance) and now over 189 days after? - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/bbog-apc-link-coordinator-admits-apc-membership/#sthash.pVWwjzMS.dpuf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/bbog-apc-link-coordinator-admits-apc-membership/
Re: Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder by Davidson267(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
PassingShot:
Where is the evidence that Nigerians are against the appointment?

And that Hadiza has been a follower and supporter of GMB long before the BBOG issue should be a ground to make her qualified for an appointment.

Again, the inauguration committee is just a ceremonial committee for the inauguration.

Peace!

Modified*
My original comments were made before the screenshots were added.

Despite the fact that I do not see anything wrong in her being part of the Inauguration Committee, I will advise APC to reconsider her inclusion on morality ground.
its either u dnt have eyes or u don't know how to read & comprehend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Troops Repelled Attack In Pulka And Bitta(photos) / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Peter Obi: 'Obidient' Rally In Bauchi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.