Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable (33375 Views)

Revenue Generation: FG May Revise Restriction On 41 Items / Kwankwaso: Relocation Of Mile 12 Market Is "Unfair And Unacceptable" / Another Unpresidential Error: See Pix. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Olaolufred(m): 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
[size=14pt]DEAR BUHARI,

I STRONGLY SUPPORT YOU FOR USING YOUR RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHO COVERS YOUR PROGRAMMES.

"BARRING" AIT FROM THE MEETING MEANS THEY CAN GO TO COVER OTHER PROGRAMMES.

HOWEVER, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO "BAN" THEM, AND I KNOW YOU WILL NEVER DO THAT.

THANKS FOR EXERCISING YOUR RIGHT WITHIN THE PURVIEW OF THE LAW.
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Ttalk: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
[quote author=anonimi post=33198415]

Please let us know when you have addressed the same rubbish to:

- Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Alhaji Nasir El Rufai

Thanks

Barcanista's botler, how market?
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by shammah1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lol. I'm a Nigerian and will criticise arising matters adequately. Nigeria must be better and if our government ain't helping I won't hesitate to say my mind
belabela:

You try

Let those of us who voted for GMB use we

This nor be KOWA time..wait for your time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Eluwilussit(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:
Am shamed of you barcanista totaly ashamed..you are way more smarter than this...playing opposition does not mean you should let go of common sense...

As far as privacy is concerned to me he has the right to barred them...when he is sworn in,then we can now begin to judge....

For now he is just an ordinary citizen like me and you...you are way more smarter than this..please grow up...

I beg to disagree with you on this. GMB isn't an ordinary citizen like you and me. Even before he won the last presidential election, he was not ordinary. He was an ex head of state. That has a lot of privileges.

Now as the president elect, though not sworn in yet, he has even become more extra-ordinary. He's much more than the ex head of state. He's the man all eyes are on right now. Ordinary citizens don't live in our defence headquarters. They don't receive emissaries. U.S., UK and their allies don't call ordinary citizens.

Please, let's not make excuses for Buhari. He fuccked up big time. He should expect some media houses to play opposition to his government. He should woo the press and be their darling, and then he will have easier term(s).

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by kritikali(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:
Am shamed of you barcanista totaly ashamed..you are way more smarter than this...playing opposition does not mean you should let go of common sense...

As far as privacy is concerned to me he has the right to barred them...when he is sworn in,then we can now begin to judge....

For now he is just an ordinary citizen like me and you...you are way more smarter than this..please grow up...

I wish I could give you 1000likes for this..keyword ordinary citizen'
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
shammah1:
Lol. I'm a Nigerian and will criticise arising matters adequately. Nigeria must be better and if our government ain't helping I won't hesitate to say my mind

Na GEJ dey government. Wait for GMB swearing in now.

Abi wetin dey happen to these "leaders of tommorow" that cannot even think before talking
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by BESTOOO: 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Gej signed freedom of information bill and the media used it to aid APC to defeat him.Now Buhari has started showing his true Leopard colour(Apologies to AIT ) other media houses should wait for their own turn of humiliation.Honestly Nigerians will miss GEJ.God bless my dear Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by pasol4real(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:
Ait attack on Gen. Buhari, very democratic, Presidential and 100% acceptable..Fools
Yes very very democratic infact the height of democracy.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by zomby(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
We will talk more about democracy and freedom of press as soon as Nigerian press are no longer corrupt.
Nobody should entertain AIT. This organization is part of what is wrong with our country.

I will be happy if AIT is banned for life.

There is nothing more despicable than a corrupt press organization, that buys and sells stories.

Bravo to Buhari for letting Nigerians recognize from day 1 that it is no longer business as usual.
Things are now going to be done accordingly.

New Nigeria = Discipline, Respect and Honesty

That is the only way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by gpmorgan: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
If the Action of AIT is not acceptable by Buhari he should seek redress from Court. we are in democracy no longer military era. Many of you insulted GMD on this Nairaland and GMD did not banned Nairaland. what of Sahara Reporters, DR. Damages and co?. It is high time we stopped supporting evils blindly. is it the kind of CHANGE we are expecting to see?

Randerl:

Good One Bro. Thanks.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Jesusloveyou: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
And it is very simple "it is unconstitutional, undemocratic, anti-journalistic and unacceptable for a public officer like Buhari to have even made that order". FYI Buhari is a public figure. The title of President-elect is not a Chieftaincy title. He is expected to live a noble life as expected of a President-in-waiting. He is expected to respect every item in the constitution. In fact, we are not "begging" him to be law-abiding, he has no choice but to conduct himself as expected. Otherwise, he will have Nigerians to contend with.
public figure for his bedroom or in aso rock,is it buhari activity or nigeria activities,but u once said gej is stil d president til may 29,or are we having two president now.and d constitution u quote said d media should be a watchdog to govt activities,is buhari conducting govt activities in his private house,ait should go cover nnpc,and monitor madueke not to escape,they should not come near buhari till may 29.it is against privacy,unprofessionalism and unethical standard
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Myself2(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:
Ait attack on Gen. Buhari, very democratic, Presidential and 100% acceptable..Fools

You and the 158 APC e urchins that liked your senseless comment,I wonder who is more foolish undecided undecided undecided

In the discharge of its constitutionally guaranteed rights to inform and enlighten as a media house,AIT only disseminated valuable information it scooped about Buhari.If the man feels defamed,the rational thing to do is to seek redress in the court of law.Obviously,it appears to be asking too much of Buhari by asking him to be rational
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by gpmorgan: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
Randerl:

Good One Bro. Thanks.

If the Action of AIT is not acceptable by Buhari he should seek redress from Court. we are in democracy no longer military era. Many of you insulted GMD on this Nairaland and GMD did not banned Nairaland. what of Sahara Reporters, DR. Damages and co?. It is high time we stopped supporting evils blindly. is it the kind of CHANGE we are expecting to see? attacks on press as it was then
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by dunkem21(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Billygee2u:

NIJA youths I pity una ooo,shebi una de shout change,sai baba,now una never know yet sey una don enter babaonechance scam bus,hahaha

Chai ...
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by pasol4real(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I beg to disagree with you on this. GMB isn't an ordinary citizen like you and me. Even before he won the last presidential election, he was not ordinary. He was an ex head of state. That has a lot of privileges.

Now as the president elect, though not sworn in yet, he has even become more extra-ordinary. He's much more than the ex head of state. He's the man all eyes are on right now. Ordinary citizens don't live in our defence headquarters. They don't receive emissaries. U.S., UK and their allies don't call ordinary citizens.

Please, let's not make excuses for Buhari. He fuccked up big time. He should expect some media houses to play opposition to his government. He should woo the press and be their darling, and then he will have easier term(s).
well said my bro well said .
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
BESTOOO:
Gej signed freedom of information bill and the media used it to aid APC to defeat him.Now Buhari has started showing his true Leopard colour(Apologies to AIT ) other media houses should wait for their own turn of humiliation.Honestly Nigerians will miss GEJ.God bless my dear Jonathan

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

E still dey pain una. pele GEJ loss. You fit follow am go Otueke grin grin grin grin grin grin

AIT should focus their cameras on GEJ and the NNPC audit report. They can twist a few things to their sheeps.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by steppin: 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:

This is a family affair, aw wil u feel if u are accused of killing ur own mother(God forbid)..I believe your guess is as good as mine...The man will have to live with the trauma all his life.. (Accused of Killing his wife and watching his own daughter die)Thats way too much
Stop being sentimental. He chose to be in public glare, scrutiny and attacks from the press comes with the job.
If he had stayed quietly in his Daura home in Kastina, nobody would have attacked him.
Countless times, GEJ was called a clueless, weak and a dull president, but he fought or barred anyone.
Buhari should learn from him.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by anonimi: 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ttalk:
Barcanista's botler, how market?

Very fine.

Next
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by perrywinco2015(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Freedom of expression... All nairalanders nah lorry go hit una oo.....see u in court...
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Eluwilussit:

He is still an ordinary citizen under the law.

This is not about playing opposition this is about the fact that his security details considers AIT a security risk near the president elect and barred them.

Who knows if they had a poisoned microphone like the one allegedly used to kill Okadigbo.

You may tune in to AIT to check if it's on air. They are free to spew any poo left in their moutyh. The era of lying to the public is coming to an end. news not lies will be on our airwaves
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by johnpalmer774(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
What do you mean by "AIT attack"? If Buhari is convinced that AIT aired defaming story on him, the appropriate thing to do is to seek redress in Court or Petition the regulatory agencies. Buhari will not be allowed to "tame" the Press. This is not within his power and it is unacceptable in any democracy.

Yes They are in Court and i don't take u to court and still allow u to come and eat and dining with me in my house when our matter are still Court . Lets AIT wait till after the outcome of the court . Beside where are all this Media Houses and Newspapers at when AIT was Damaging Buhari personal life is that PART of Journalism also.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by hush15: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:

Tame the press? As he has done to Channels, Stv, TVc, Galaxy et el... Can't u see he is taming them all with Tape rule... Trash

dude, a ban is wrong irrespective of whatever. when tinubu had issues, he proceeded to court, not ban and when courts passed verdict, all parties respected.

cos Buhari is president elect doesnt mean he should abuse authority like that. except STV, which other station isn't a pro Buhari. And that STV isn't a news channel like AIT. like their mantra, its all bout entertainment. AIT's rival is TVC and TVC hasn't been fair politically too...
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
hush15:

dude, a ban is wrong irrespective of whatever. when tinubu had issues, he proceeded to court, not ban and when courts passed verdict, all parties respected.

cos Buhari is president elect doesnt mean he should abuse authority like that. except STV, which other station isn't a pro Buhari. And that STV isn't a news channel like AIT. like their mantra, its all bout entertainment. AIT's rival is TVC and TVC hasn't been fair politically too...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg which authority he abuse? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by kritikali(m): 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Your stupidity cannot just be overlook. If buhari is just an ordinary citizen like u , then why is he living in the defence house in Abuja? Your little mind didn't make u understand that president Elect is no longer an ordinary citizen like u as u claim.

You are the one whose stupidit canot and shoulnt be overlooked..e-idiot, does the fact that he lives in the defence house mean that he has a right to ban,sack,or control jus like Gej. Bro he could ve done worse to AIT even as an ordinaring citizen by sueing and making pay termendously, but he didn't, he just said AIT you can air other programmes but not my personal life which I cannot trust u with considering the lies they aired about him in d past.. don't just be a fool by default when u see an attack thread against smebody u hate..it kills like cancer, wakeup and always read between the lines.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Olaolufred(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
hush15:

[size=14pt]UNCLE, WHAT DOES IT COST YOU TO CHECK YOUR DICTIONARY AND FIND OUT IF "BAR" IS THE SAME WORD AS "BAN",[/size]
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by perculiarperson: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:

This is a family affair, aw wil u feel if u are accused of killing ur own mother(God forbid)..I believe your guess is as good as mine...The man will have to live with the trauma all his life.. (Accused of Killing his wife and watching his own daughter die)Thats way too much

Lets not bring in sentiments here... There are diverse ways of addressing issues raised legally. But to ban a media station from his coverage, it means you want them to close shop...

This is very undemocratic!!!

Our outgoing President (President Jonathan) stood in the mist of all sorts of media storms and even made jokes of serious allegations and accusations but never for one day did he consider banning a media house...

Let's face it, this is autocratic and dictatorial!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by datribune: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
ogene007:

Your post just goes to show that you lack any form of democratic ideals and you are just a neo-Almajiri. You do not belong to people who are genuinely seeking for change in nigeria, but just opportunists that jumped into the 'change' bandwagon. Nigeria is better off without people like you.

because GEJ allowed bad behaviour to persist in our country doesn't mean GMB will allow it. AIT 4 d love of lucre threw every caution & professionalism to d wind & continued to spew out falsehood without considering d danger dat their corruption & lies posed to d nation.
Stop showing ur ignorance by throwing words like "neo-almajiri whose meaning u dont even know. b4 ur hero Barcanista was, i was. Opening useless threads, making empty noise & "notice me" doesn't necessarily make u a change agent. how did his fakery & "notice me" change agent end up - he became an attack-dog of d clueless one. I am a true agent of change whose commitment predates d formation of APC or d emergence of d people's general as it's candidate. i was one of d foot soldiers of dis change.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by zomby(m): 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
If the Action of AIT is not acceptable by Buhari he should seek redress from Court. we are in democracy no longer military era. Many of you insulted GMD on this Nairaland and GMD did not banned Nairaland. what of Sahara Reporters, DR. Damages and co?. It is high time we stopped supporting evils blindly. is it the kind of CHANGE we are expecting to see?

You are speaking this way only because you do not know the true history of AIT. AIT is part of what is wrong with Nigeria.
You guys do not know what Buhari knows about this scuzzy and irresponsible organization.

Let us see if AIT does anything to fight back...I truly do not think they have the audacity to lift a finger against this decision. They know better.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by datribune: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
ogene007:

Your post just goes to show that you lack any form of democratic ideals and you are just a neo-Almajiri. You do not belong to people who are genuinely seeking for change in nigeria, but just opportunists that jumped into the 'change' bandwagon. Nigeria is better off without people like you.

Because GEJ allowed bad behaviour to persist in our country doesn't mean GMB will allow it. AIT 4 d love of lucre threw every caution & professionalism to d wind & continued to spew out falsehood without considering d danger dat their corruption & lies posed to d nation.
Stop showing ur ignorance by throwing words like "neo-Almajiri whose meaning u dont even know. b4 ur hero, Barcanista to whom i addressed d post was, i was. Opening useless threads, making empty noise & "notice me" doesn't necessarily make u a change agent. how did his fakery & "notice me" change agent end up - he became an attack-dog of d clueless one. I am a true agent of change whose commitment predates d formation of APC or d emergence of d people's general as it's candidate. i was one of d foot soldiers of dis change & dis country is beter-off today because of people like me.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
perculiarperson:

Lets not bring in sentiments here... There are diverse ways of addressing issues raised legally. But to ban a media station from his coverage, it means you want them to close shop...

Our outgoing President (President Jonathan) stood in the mist of all sorts of media storms and even made jokes of serious allegations and accusations but never for one day did he consider banning a media house...

It wasn't autocratic or dictatorial when Jonathan Clamp down on the Media, Seized newspapers, Soldiers battered journalists neither was it dictatorial when APC data house was raid, innocent staffs arrested.. Tell me more..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
perculiarperson:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I can't see anything more sentimental.

Na only Buhari go make them dey relevant. make dem go Ondo and Ekiti state go cover events.

Nor be AIT talk say Buhari send Ghanians away from Nigeria? NA LIE NA SHAGARI

Dem talk say Buhari steal $2billion..DEM LIE nor be Buhari

As far as I am concerned they are a security risk to Buhari and he is right to bar them.

person say him go rape you....he knock door u open door say na democracy we dey...u know say na you get problem be dat

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by BabaOneChance: 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
9ousky:

You.Ar making a mistake there is difference. between "Banning" and "Barring"... Check ur dictionary and Even from d news they never Ban nor Banning... I don't know why una just like to dey create problems for una self when no one is even noticing una
No one notice me? For real? Check everywhere on Nairaland, they're all calling my name. I feel more eyes on me now than 2pac. So na u know wetin u dey yarn.
Secondly, ever newspaper headline I see today is saying "ban". We know the difference and as well the similarities. Don't even think ur knowledgeable enough to educate us

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Evans Pleads Guilty To Kidnapping [Photos] / Ugbana Oyet Appointed By Queen Elizabeth As House Of Commons Serjeant At Arms / Tinubu Meets Aregbesola, Other Osun APC Chieftains In Abuja (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.