Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable (33368 Views)

Revenue Generation: FG May Revise Restriction On 41 Items / Kwankwaso: Relocation Of Mile 12 Market Is "Unfair And Unacceptable" / Another Unpresidential Error: See Pix. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
hush15:

dude, a ban is wrong irrespective of whatever. when tinubu had issues, he proceeded to court, not ban and when courts passed verdict, all parties respected.

cos Buhari is president elect doesnt mean he should abuse authority like that. except STV, which other station isn't a pro Buhari. And that STV isn't a news channel like AIT. like their mantra, its all bout entertainment. AIT's rival is TVC and TVC hasn't been fair politically too...
The ethical conduct of Journalism is been lost on AIT, at this moment they pose a great security threat to the President-elect...Tvc is bias, very very but not to the extent of calling Patience Jonathan barren nor accusing the President of been a drunkard..
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Jesusloveyou: 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
gpmorgan:
If the Action of AIT is not acceptable by Buhari he should seek redress from Court. we are in democracy no longer military era. Many of you insulted GMD on this Nairaland and GMD did not banned Nairaland. what of Sahara Reporters, DR. Damages and co?. It is high time we stopped supporting evils blindly. is it the kind of CHANGE we are expecting to see?

all media including nta,except ait did professionally, to be a watchdog to govt activities,not to be attacking or insulting private citizens,nta is working for govt.which they wil start to work for president buhari as from may29,till now nta were working for gej govt.ait don't have right to aire that insultive documentary,but if it aire against govt,is for nation development,when channel tv,aire documentary of d decay in police barrack,that was when d govt look into their plight,if sahara and nation newspaper dig into govt corruption house like nnpc,is it not for d good of d nation?pls let us be patriotic d way we reason
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
steppin:

Stop being sentimental. He chose to be in public glare, scrutiny and attacks from the press comes with the job.
If he had stayed quietly in his Daura home in Kastina, nobody would have attacked him.
Countless times, GEJ was called a clueless, weak and a dull president, but he fought or barred anyone.
Buhari should learn from him.
Definitely Gej does what he want, abused the Military, destroyed the SSS, Clamp down on the media, Sabotaged all our institutions but then Buhari is different, he's on an entirely diff Level to Jonathan..
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Myself2:

You and the 158 APC e urchins that liked your senseless comment,I wonder who is more foolish undecided undecided undecided

In the discharge of its constitutionally guaranteed rights to inform and enlighten as a media house,AIT only disseminated valuable information it scooped about Buhari.If the man feels defamed,the rational thing to do is to seek redress in the court of law.Obviously,it appears to be asking too much of Buhari by asking him to be rational
Whao, An information the almighty Channels could not get, thats such an excellent information..They should keep it up, atleast they got those information thousands of miles away from him, why can't they continue getting d info they need from wherever they are, y go close to the general..
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by MckenzieMikel(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
did he clampdown ait station or withdrawn their license? Is very simple'don't come near me until i am swear in' for security reason ait should be far from buhari,they are his enemy for now til may 29th.

"DON'T COME NEAR ME UNTIL I AM SWEAR IN"........ hehehehehehe true true either Buhari no go school or someone else! Buh even at that na President and many ppu wey go school well well go answer m YES SIR.... Buh trust me "DON'T COME NEAR ME UNTIL I AM SWEAR IN" is a great one....... can't stop laughing!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by JIIDS(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
I believe that the president elect knows what he is involved in when he decided to run for presidency in this age. please let him reminded, let his advisers advise him. That our Nigeria is a great global and media village compared to the days of Dele Giwa when journalist and Press men can be shot down. The E News has given us several ill and hilarious posts on celebrities and yet they are reckoned on as an outstanding media house. No dictatorial attitude will be allowed by any elected officer from PDP or APC, the rule of law must be upheld especially in this dispensation where CHANGE is the Nigerian motto. God bless the media houses in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by IYANGBALI: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:
Ait attack on Gen. Buhari, very democratic, Presidential and 100% acceptable..Fools
don't mind those hypocrites
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hmm,even Obama. Why attacking Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Olaolufred(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by MckenzieMikel(m): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:

The ethical conduct of Journalism is been lost on AIT, at this moment they pose a great security threat to the President-elect...Tvc is bias, very very but not to the extent of calling Patience Jonathan barren nor accusing the President of been a drunkard..

wait oooo.......... the grammatical errors on this thread happens to be one of the reasons I am reading it cos I doubt I have ever for a second fan Buhari... Never loved the military buh I very much appreciate the grammars I am seeing in this thread..... ...conduct of journalism is been lost on AIT... Abeg make we carry rechargeable lamp go find m cos we really need AIT around! ...Patience Jonathan barren nor accusing... ...president of been a drunkard...

would call this one a hat-trick!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:

And you have to insult me to show your point...
Using violence to achieve your goals will not favour you
Sorry bro , I withdraw my insults .
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by chernest2002: 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari is a bag of mistake but soon even the almajeris will regret voting him,Apcee.. ONE Chance.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Eluwilussit(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
belabela:

He is still an ordinary citizen under the law.

This is not about playing opposition this is about the fact that his security details considers AIT a security risk near the president elect and barred them.

Who knows if they had a poisoned microphone like the one allegedly used to kill Okadigbo.

You may tune in to AIT to check if it's on air. They are free to spew any poo left in their moutyh. The era of lying to the public is coming to an end. news not lies will be on our airwaves

So what happens when he's sworn in? Will he still bar AIT from covering him abi AIT won't be a security risk then? I appreciate the safety and security aspect of your post but that comes with the territory. As long as GMB realizes that his privacy is gone with the win and is ready to bear the scrutiny and criticism from the people, he will be fine. I am sure he can't claim to be oblivious of all the name calling and mudslinging that the people before him got.

He wanted the job, he has it. According to Richard Monckton Milnes, 1809-1885, ' the virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize'. Also Ovid, 43BC-17AD, ' a leader should be slow to punish and swift to reward'. There are valuable lessons in these great quotes.

Buhari, please shield your sword. Embrace all. You are the president elect of both those who voted for you and those who voted against you. We need leadership and understanding, not vendetta. Some sections are already aggrieved. Don't play the winner here. This ain't the time for that. We need reconciliation and good governance.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by after1: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
keyman0007:

I think GMB is in order, he never restricted their freedom of expression, he just restricted them from covering his activities, based on security reports and moral issues, to me i think he is in order, after all president Jonathan through the nigerian military restrcited al ja zeera reporters from covering some areas in the North East. I think other stations are availalbe to cover, I think the question you need to be askin is to what level is AIT restricted from covering.

In my opinion the moment daar communication began to broadcast those hate videos dey put dem sef in a difficult situation, if u expect democracy and fairness then act like a democrat, those hate broadcast were too damming for anyone to just over look, even GEJ sef wont find it funny, no reputable news agency will broadcast such without verying the facts. and many of the content were allegations.

Buhari too shd take things easy, he never enter he don dey dish orders na wa o.

Time we tell sha.

You are right. Buhari is very right to restrict AIT from covering his private activities, Dokpesi was once linked with the Oct 1 bombing, so its better to be cautious.

ABUJA—The State Security Service, SSS, Tuesday, told a Federal high court sitting in Abuja that Chief Raymond Dokpesi, the Director-General of the Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida Presidential Campaign Organisation was serially quizzed by its men because of unassailable evidence linking him to the October 1, 2010 bomb blasts in Abuja which claimed more than 10 innocent lives.
The SSS which described as laughable the N100 million suit instituted by Dokpesi against it for questioning him over his alleged role in the callous act urged the high court to dismiss the suit in limine.
In a statement filed by the SSS in court, the SSS said it was hinging its request for the dismissal of the case on the ground that Dokpesi’s suit was an invitation on the court to gag it from performing its statutory functions of probing crimes and security issues.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/dokpesi-has-link-with-oct-1-bomb-blasts-sss/?fb_action_ids=10152830902402338&fb_action_types=og.likes#sthash.M1yMhyUS.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
MckenzieMikel:

wait oooo.......... the grammatical errors on this thread happens to be one of the reasons I am reading it cos I doubt I have ever for a second fan Buhari... Never loved the military buh I very much appreciate the grammars I am seeing in this thread..... ...conduct of journalism is been lost on AIT... Abeg make we carry rechargeable lamp go find m cos we really need AIT around! ...Patience Jonathan barren nor accusing... ...president of been a drunkard...

would call this one a hat-trick!
K
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Akiika: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
I know every "elenu yoro" will start dropping comment....
Are we suggesting Buhari shouldn't be wary of his security from a hostile media outlet whose owner still has a case with SSS on terrorism charges? Who irresponsibly maligned him, throwing all caution to the wind? Come on folks! This selective amnesia problem most of you have needs attention. ....and it's 'bar' not 'ban' until they resolve their ethical and security concern.
Anyway, victory for democracy, there's an official statement from APC outthere, we can now move on to the disclaimed NNPC audit report by the very outfit that prepared it!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Eluwilussit:

So what happens when he's sworn in? Will he still bar AIT from covering him abi AIT won't be a security risk then? I appreciate the safety and security aspect of your post but that comes with the territory. As long as GMB realizes that his privacy is gone with the win and is ready to bear the scrutiny and criticism from the people, he will be fine. I am sure he can't claim to be oblivious of all the name calling and mudslinging that the people before him got.

He wanted the job, he has it. According to Richard Monckton Milnes, 1809-1885, ' the virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize'. Also Ovid, 43BC-17AD, ' a leader should be slow to punish and swift to reward'. There are valuable lessons in these great quotes.

Buhari, please shield your sword. Embrace all. You are the president elect of both those who voted for you and those who voted against you. We need leadership and understanding, not vendetta. Some sections are already aggrieved. Don't play the winner here. This ain't the time for that. We need reconciliation and good governance.

God bless Nigeria.

If AIT is considered a security risk around the president AIT journalist will be barred. Simples

Even in the UK and the US press TV is banned from operating on their soil cos press TV is considered an iranaian propaganda machine whose news and messages are a security risk. However you can watch it on your phone or laptop even if you live in the US and the UK.

When media corruption case is opened AIT will meet its waterloo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na nairaland dey fear me...Seun fit go the AIT way grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by HzRF(m): 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:

The joke is on you because you and your cliches lost out completely and your propaganda arm is about to be sanctioned .
really?
Nw that gej didnt win buahri will feed U nd leave d rest of us.
I beg
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Eluwilussit(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
belabela:

If AIT is considered a security risk around the president AIT journalist will be barred. Simples

Even in the UK and the US press TV is banned from operating on their soil cos press TV is considered an iranaian propaganda machine whose news and messages are a security risk. However you can watch it on your phone or laptop even if you live in the US and the UK.

When media corruption case is opened AIT will meet its waterloo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na nairaland dey fear me...Seun fit go the AIT way grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Calm down. Nothing dey happen. Nairaland helped GMB pass sef. With all the bashing Gej got here and all the hype APC and GMB got from NL, we should be fine. grin grin grin

All I want is change from the 'corrupt' past governments to a new and 'incorruptible' one. If GMB and APC succeed, we the Nigerian masses will be the greatest beneficiaries. So may God be with them and guide them.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by angelsing(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
The management of AIT are not answerable to Buhari and they owe him no explanation. Buhari has NO right to suspend, intefere or intrude into the affairs of the media whether AIT or no AIT. His action is unfortunate, unconstitutional and can be likened to War Against Press Freedom. You Buharists supporting this show of Tyranny should hide your heads in shame.
Dude since u decamp to PDP ur sense of reasoning has been lost forever, sorry for my choice of words...if you still do ur search like u usually do, u will find out many us president has bar different news outlet for covering their activity, example of such is Obama barring. "The Herald" for covering his activity...it does not mean he clamped down on media..All this noise just had to do with perception of the people due to buhari antecedent regarding Freedom of information...Buhari is within his right to Bar Ait from airing his activity...1 question, Did Buhari breaking any constitution or law for what he did...your Answer to that should shut u up for Good!...This opposition don transformer u completely
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Firefire(m): 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]
[s]
Dirty hypocrites like you always feel important. You attach so much importance to yourself that i just laugh when you spew your trash. You are just a struggling jobless man that is bitter that Jona dunce lost the election. 8 years of bitterness awaits you cos you will cry and it only ends on nairaland cos you are a nonentity cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/s]
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by arbitter: 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
arbitter:
Soon we'll know if the Mods of this forum are gonna become patronizers of every rubbish analysis by this OP. Afterall they already wasted the slot for an Opinion thread basically saying the same thing as the OP to the frontpage already - https://www.nairaland.com/2281203/buhari-vs-ait-shameless-act.

Well well well, what do you know, just like expected.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
No sane APC supporter will support Press suppression. There is no reason to support Buhari blindly even when you are aware that he is attempting dictatorship. Where is the change then ?

Buhari must be made to understand that he is a servant of the Nigerian people and NOT a boss. Any attempt to suppress the press will set us all on fire, and he will see no one to rule over.

2015 is NOT 1984
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by after1: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=33203924][/quote]

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by after1: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Billyonaire:
No sane APC supporter will support Press suppression. There is no reason to support Buhari blindly even when you are aware that he is attempting dictatorship. Where is the change then ?

Buhari must be made to understand that he is a servant of the Nigerian people and NOT a boss. Any attempt to suppress the press will set us all on fire, and he will see no one to rule over.

2015 is NOT 1984
[/s]

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by ekiloui(f): 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
olatunji21:
Ait attack on Gen. Buhari, very democratic, Presidential and 100% acceptable..Fools

AIT isn't a goverment, they were simply unprofessional and biased.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Mariory(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by ba7man(m): 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by ayoromer: 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
ait has showed us how buhari is heartless d documentry showed was not maunifacture by ait but how wicked dat man is killing pepole like d boko boy his use as post election violence in 2011 dat is stil killing n eating human being like cows a muslim man does not hav forgivenes in his religion n ait is owned by d yorubas dat voted him to power good for them.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by papaejima1: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
jhidey08:
u cannot call him any name dat suits u, d fact dat u've been doing so doesn't mean it is right. U can be sued for it young man. Truly dere is freedom of speech in Nigeria, but it has limits. BE WARNED!!!
oh yeah?
Right, just tell the president-riglect that as far as we are concerned we don't give a wet-shit for whatever he thinks and we will call him names if occassion demands it. If he acts like olodo we will call him one, if he tries to speak from both sides of his moth he earns a baba one chance award. He inherited the presidency and all its assets and liabilities. Name calling is one of the liabilities. Let him ask GEJ in case he is yet to know.
So you are duly WARNED.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by philosopy: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
embarassedBuhari should stop all this smoke screen and concentrate on 1 dollar=1 naira grin, free education, housing, fuel price to N40. grin......and so many other magic.
Sai baba jor , we are waiting. Please dont mind AIT jare, they are small boys, they dont see the bigger picture..those days when you were a dictator[s][/s], I mean in the military, they would have gotten the writing by now.. APC change! ! Leave this stylish and old ways of causing and starting confusion, be ni jare. Sai baba. We are with you all the way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of VP Osinbajo And Saraki / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy / INEC Office In Delta State Set Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.