Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable (33372 Views)

Revenue Generation: FG May Revise Restriction On 41 Items / Kwankwaso: Relocation Of Mile 12 Market Is "Unfair And Unacceptable" / Another Unpresidential Error: See Pix. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u are stil a kid,u don't know anything,what is insightful about this thread?

which Jesus are u talking about.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Chirokusko: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
When someone molests and abuses you and he attacked your family, your person, integrity, religion and every bit of your life, and you ask him to move out of sight; what's wrong with that? AIT has questions to answer oow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by zomby(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerians have used democracy crab to steal and to step on others for many years.

AIT and others were paid big money to promote untrue stories during the presidential campaign.
So, why should anyone respect AIT?

If you can not do your job correctly we will find others that can get it done accordingly.
It is certain that Nigeria will never be in order if democracy is not stepped on from time to time.
Therefore, I fully support president Buhari... He is allowed do whatever needs to be done to get this indisciplined group of people back in order and revise our backward/ defective system as soon as possible.

I can assure you that president Buhari will not be intimidated by anyone. He is simply focused on getting his job done and nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by dammytosh: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Some ediots are working hard to become Opposition Spokes Person.

Armed Robbers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by tuncy(m): 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
What do you mean by "AIT attack"? If Buhari is convinced that AIT aired defaming story on him, the appropriate thing to do is to seek redress in Court or Petition the regulatory agencies. Buhari will not be allowed to "tame" the Press. This is not within his power and it is unacceptable in any democracy.

In case your memory card is full
Where were u when GEJ accused AIT / Dokpesi of
terrorism in 2010?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/dokpesi-
has-link-with-oct-1-bomb-blasts-sss/
GEJ sieze punch ,nation ,leadership etc as
Government official sef with soldiers .
U sleep ?
GMB can't secure himself yet ,he doesn't trust AIT
Please don't come near him till he has control
over security .
Oju ni alakan fin so ori ee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by ogene007: 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
zomby:
Nigerians have used democracy crab to steal and to step on others for many years.

AIT and others were paid big money to promote untrue stories during the presidential campaign.
So, why should anyone respect AIT?

If you can not do your job correctly we will find others that can get it done accordingly.
It certain that Nigeria will never be in order if democracy is not stepped on from time to time.
Therefore, I fully support president Buhari... He is allowed do whatever needs to be done to get this indisciplined group of people back in order and revise our backward/ defective system as soon as possible.

I can assure you that president Buhari will not be intimidated by anyone. He is simply focused get is job done and nothing else.
Please go to court if you are aggrieved rather than come here to advertise your ignorance in the public.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by shammah1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
God forbid for me to vote a dictator who I don't believe in. I respect Jonathan but I've never voted for him either. The only president that I voted for was Yar'adua because I believed in him but unfortunately, he died too soon
san316:

You didn't vote Buhari. You wanted continuity. So here u have it. A continuation of the repressive regime.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Jalinco: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
I bought 50000 shares of Daar communication shares for 250000 naira when he Dokpesi promised heaven on earth. Today he has even refused to submit audited report of Daar Communication Plc. The guy has obviously turned it back to private company, he uses the company to bargain political contracts. If Buhari must fight corruption he must fight Dokpesi and send him to jail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by WendellSimilin: 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
anonimi:

Indeed time will tell, bro.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026526_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Anomumu you're still with your "Hope for Nigeria" pictures?? grin grin
Pfft..You're such a shameless man.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Jalinco: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
To Buccaneer sorry Barcanista, when AIT attack Buhari it is freedom of press but when Buhari tell AIT not to come to him it is undemocratic. Some people can never say the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by shammah1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
I plied for positive change in all Nigerians and not APC.
belabela:

You didn't vote for him now. why use the word we? grin grin grin

Let the enlightened progressive who voted for him talk.

To help you he barred them from his events - legal

he did not ban them from operatiing

AIT can continute saying trash. Progressives don port go Channels. AIT go soon commot fo market grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by anonimi: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
WendellSimilin:
Anomumu you're still with your "Hope for Nigeria" pictures?? grin grin
Pfft..You're such a shameless man.

Please tell us why a RELEVANT picture to a debate should not be SHARED with fellow citizens.

Or are you also against FREEDOM of expression as your despotic idol
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Ttalk: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
by barcanista(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27
AIT/GEJ Lied To Nigerians

1. Fela NEVER mentioned Buhari in $N2.8B scandal. He mentioned OBJ. AIT edited that part off.

2. Buhari did not expel Ghanians from Nigeria. Shagari of the NPN did. AIT made a FALSE assertion.
http://www.nytimes.com/1983/02/02/world/by-land-and-sea-they-stream-from-nigeria.html

3. Gloria Okon did not disappear under Buhari it was under IBB and Dele Giwa was murdered for it.

4. GEJ went so low to bring Buhari’s daughters into politics. Can one use Dame’s inability to bear a child as a campaign issue?

5. Fela’s mother the GREAT Funmilayo Kuti died after OBJ Kalakuta in 1978 Buhari came into power in 1984.

6. All Politicians that was sentenced to prison by the 1984 Military Tribunal were found to either enrich themselves with public funds or diverted public funds. Non were convicted by fiat

7. GEJ and AIT went after Buhari ’s late wife and daughter. How low and desperate can Jonathan get?

8. AIT/GEJ alleged that Buhari has been losing since 1999. This is a lie. Buhari's first shot was in 2003. In 1999 Chief Olu Falae of ANPP/AD contested against Obj.

9. AIT/GEJ criticised Buhari for Heading PTF Board. Whereas, PTF is till date the most successful parastatal ever in Nigeria. Through PTF, the Amazon Dora Akunyili was known.

Vote for GMB/APC for Change in Nigeria. PDP propaganda is distasteful and obscene. Should be condemned by all.

The AIT documentary on Buhari will not make him less popular. President Jonathan is still playing catch up.......

It is very shameful for someone who typed this few months ago on social media only to come and contradict all what he said. What do you really stand for? You cant continue to speak from both sides of your mouth and expect people to take you seriously

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by major466(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
HzRF:

Ur mumu is in HD
Ait said he divorced his wife becuz she collected money frm IBB to treat his daughter who latter on die

Wow pls keep gearing him up
Keep sai-ing him as he continue to wipe all anti APC media outlet it is needed u knew
They are circulating the lies through online forums. A deliberate attemp to further damage the reputation of AIT.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by baralatie(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:

They are not denying anything but they are only setting the record straight by correcting those making false claim on their behalf like those saying he promised to make #1 =$1, eradicate boko haram in 2weeks etc.
exactly what I am saying!APC changing mouth like chameleon!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by lawbabs: 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
What do you mean by "I should go to court"? Is it not a shame that a so-called democratic and progressive President-elect is infringing on the right of the press? Is it not more shameful that you people that has been shouting Change are supporting this rape to the constitution? If Mr Buhari that is yet to assume power will act this way, what happens when he is sworn-in? Buhari will not find it easy if he thinks we are in 1984 era.

Why are you crying than the bereaved? I have noticed a trend. I don't know if anyone else has. Some PDP folks on social media have a way of diverting attention whenever there is an urgent matter to be discussed. They will always look for an ant and tie rope around the neck in the name of national discourse and will close their eyes and refuse to hunt the lion that is terrorizing the land. @barcanista, kindly focus on the revelation from the PwC report and stop this bickering. Afterall, APC has issued a statement. Chai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
shammah1:
I plied for positive change in all Nigerians and not APC.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

By voting the Otueke man?

Well all Nigerians are changing for the better join the train. We know the difference between bar and ban grin grin grin grin grin

We read and understand before creating threads grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by ayindejimmy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
Whats all the noise. Even the White House has banned certain media outfits they considered unprofessional in their news reports.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/21/obama-vs-free-press-white-house-claims-ban-on-news-photographers-actually-a-win-for-transparency/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by anonimi: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ttalk:
It is very shameful for someone who typed this few months ago on social media only to come and contradict all what he said. What do you really stand for? You cant continue to speak from both sides of your mouth and expect people to take you seriously

Please let us know when you have addressed the same rubbish to:

- Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Alhaji Nasir El Rufai

Thanks

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2151023_politricks_jpeg1e074f9e4eb2ed17a7bc4617eb7731cb
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
belabela:

[s]Are you just naive or deluded? To bar does not mean to ban. You and the OP are swimming in thesame lagoon of confusion. Your hatred had darkened your reasoning.[/s]

Go and die.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by jhidey08(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
papaejima1:
I think this is a test-run by Buhari to see and know what will happen and what people will do when he cracks down on press freedom.

So we are giving him notice that he cannot muzzle anyone anymore in this country whether press or individual.

He has to bear it, he has to live with it. We can call him any name that suits us, we can say whatever we wish and we can accuse him and his officials with even the most outlandish charges. He MUST live with it.
Lai mohammed knows what am talking about.
u cannot call him any name dat suits u, d fact dat u've been doing so doesn't mean it is right. U can be sued for it young man. Truly dere is freedom of speech in Nigeria, but it has limits. BE WARNED!!!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by najoke: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
My heart was filled with grief after reading the Vanguard Report titled "Hate campaign: Buhari fights back, bars AIT from covering his activities - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/hate-campaign-buhari-fights-back-bars-ait-from-covering-his-activities/.

The question that stroke through my mind was "Can this be be justified in any sane democracy?".

It appears like Muhammadu Buhari is yet to come to terms with the present day democratic dispensation that he is bound to lead for the next for years or he is just acting naive. Perhaps the Daura-born General wants to bring back Decree 4 through the back door or he is out to fight any media organisation that he considers to be his adversary. Whatever be the case, Nigerians will not allow anyone to tamper with the freedom of media as provided by the 1999 Constitution.

President-elect Muhammadu Buhari need to be reminded that Sections 22 and 39 (1)(2) (quoted below) specifically made provision for Press Freedom.

Press Freedom In Nigeria's Constitution
Section 22 of the Nigerian 1999 constitution states that: “the press, radio, television and other agencies of mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.”

Section 39(1) States that "Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference.
Section 39(2) further went on to say "Without prejudice to the generality of subsection(1) of this section, every person shall be entitled to own, establish and operate any medium for the dissemination of information, ideas and opinion."

Buhari Should Remember His Words on Press Freedom
At his interactive session with members of Newspapers Proprietors of Nigeria (NPAN) and Nigeria Guild of Editors (NGE) on March 17, 2015, he pledged to uphold Press Freedom and to be a friend of the Press. In his own words...

“Concerning the Decree 4 of 1984, I have to assure you that the time for that is over. That was part of military administration and dictatorship, but I have also promised you that I am now a converted, and converted democrat. Therefore, I want to assure you that I am going to be a friend of the media and this time, I will work well with you as friends and partners in the development of the nation, and that is my promise to you.”

“I want to give you my full assurances that in this democratic dispensation, I will ensure that the Nigerian Constitution is upheld. This includes respect for the media, respect for the right to free expression and freedom of speech. I have said elsewhere that I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future. Dictatorship goes with military rule as do edicts such as Decree 4"

"...I will continue to promote the consolidation of democracy in our great country, Nigeria, by guaranteeing that the media’s freedom is not compromised in any way. I give you my full assurances that the Nigerian media will be free under our APC government.”.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109636

The Unfortunate AIT Restriction
It is a unfortunate that President-elect Muhammadu Buhari that claimed to be a "reformed democrat" throughout the electioneering period will take the ignoble decision of preventing AIT from covering his activities even before taking oath of office. It is also unfortunate that the man that pledged to be a friend of the media will issue restricting order on a law abiding corporate citizen and a legally recognise media house. Buhari is expected to treat all members of the Media in the most appropriate manner. He should remember that the rights of the media as enshrined in the Constitution is not subject to change via Presidential desire. If he hasn't been told, he should be aware that his restriction on AIT is undemocratic and can never be tolerated in any sane democracy. If the President-elect has anything against AIT, he should seek redress in court. He may not like AIT as a media outfit but he should allow them conduct their duties unfettered as long as they operate within the ambit of the law.

Finally, let me remind President-elect Muhammadu Buhari that Nigerians are looking up to him to fulfil his numerous electoral promises. We will not tolerate any form of impunity or "executive rascality" whether from him(as President) or from any officer of his incoming government.

God Bless Nigeria
Source: http://solomontonye..com/2015/04/buharis-restriction-on-ait-undemocratic.html
[/s]
Hey fish brain stop pretending like u haven't seen this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2281571/full-pwc-audit-report-barcanista
Come over we are waiting for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
klax:

I guess you are very sick.
whats ur mental condition to ask if someone is sick
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by hazyfm: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
What do you mean by "AIT attack"? If Buhari is convinced that AIT aired defaming story on him, the appropriate thing to do is to seek redress in Court or Petition the regulatory agencies. Buhari will not be allowed to "tame" the Press. This is not within his power and it is unacceptable in any democracy.

ARE U AWARE THAT TV STATION WAS INDICTED BY NBC?

Walking away......

AIT/GEJ Lied To Nigerians

1. Fela NEVER mentioned Buhari in $N2.8B scandal. He mentioned OBJ. AIT edited that part off.

2. Buhari did not expel Ghanians from Nigeria. Shagari of the NPN did. AIT made a FALSE assertion.
http://www.nytimes.com/1983/02/02/world/by-land-and-sea-they-stream-from-nigeria.html

3. Gloria Okon did not disappear under Buhari it was under IBB and Dele Giwa was murdered for it.

4. GEJ went so low to bring Buhari’s daughters into politics. Can one use Dame’s inability to bear a child as a campaign issue?

5. Fela’s mother the GREAT Funmilayo Kuti died after OBJ Kalakuta in 1978 Buhari came into power in 1984.

6. All Politicians that was sentenced to prison by the 1984 Military Tribunal were found to either enrich themselves with public funds or diverted public funds. Non were convicted by fiat

7. GEJ and AIT went after Buhari ’s late wife and daughter. How low and desperate can Jonathan get?

8. AIT/GEJ alleged that Buhari has been losing since 1999. This is a lie. Buhari's first shot was in 2003. In 1999 Chief Olu Falae of ANPP/AD contested against Obj.

9. AIT/GEJ criticised Buhari for Heading PTF Board. Whereas, PTF is till date the most successful parastatal ever in Nigeria. Through PTF, the Amazon Dora Akunyili was known.

Vote for GMB/APC for Change in Nigeria. PDP propaganda is distasteful and obscene. Should be condemned by all.

The AIT documentary on Buhari will not make him less popular. President Jonathan is still playing catch up...

Culled from an igbo hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by lukaino(m): 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is not unexpected in a democracy as we have seen instances where America's president Obama had such issues with Fox news and some other media house. Are they not our Democracy model?
Going forward, the media should endeavor to be balanced in their work rather than being clearly partisan and one-sided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by wisdomguy4u(m): 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
kevinberry:
Am shamed of you barcanista totaly ashamed..you are way more smarter than this...playing opposition does not mean you should let go of common sense...

As far as privacy is concerned to me he has the right to barred them...when he is sworn in,then we can now begin to judge....

For now he is just an ordinary citizen like me and you...you are way more smarter than this..please grow up...

Your stupidity cannot just be overlook. If buhari is just an ordinary citizen like u , then why is he living in the defence house in Abuja? Your little mind didn't make u understand that president Elect is no longer an ordinary citizen like u as u claim.
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Urine: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is the worst Barcanista write up ever, he quoted parts of the constitution but he didn't tell is which one Buhari has gone against. Which law in particular did he break?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by shammah1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
I didn't vote for neither Goodluck or Buhari. Simply because I don't believe both of them
belabela:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

By voting the Otueke man?

Well all Nigerians are changing for the better join the train. We know the difference between bar and ban grin grin grin grin grin

We read and understand before creating threads grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Your stupidity cannot just be overlook. If buhari is just an ordinary citizen like u , then why is he living in the defence house in Abuja? Your little mind didn't make u understand that president Elect is no longer an ordinary citizen like u as u claim.

And you have to insult me to show your point...

Using violence to achieve your goals will not favour you
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by ndcide(m): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
Anyone who is not biased will know that Buhari's & his handlers were absolutely wrong with this one.

Buhari is now a public figure since he became President elect. The function in question that was being covered was a public function. Buhari is staying at the Defence house because he is the president elect not because he is buhari.

Will buhari refuse working with the Army because they said they don't have his certificate before the election?

It's only those who look at things from the APC point of reasoning that will justify this act.

The action was daft, wrong and demeaning. I agree with Barcanista on this.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Sponge3(m): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Wrong move, bad timing, bad judgement !!
Re: Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
shammah1:
I didn't vote for neither Goodluck or Buhari. Simply because I don't believe both of them

You try

Let those of us who voted for GMB use we

This nor be KOWA time..wait for your time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari And His ADC At The AU Summit In South Africa / Phillips Shaibu's Convoy Involved In Accident (Photo) / Aisha Buhari To Visit USA For A World Ladies Conference On.june 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.