Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts (8332 Views)

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Buhari's Media Adviser Express Frustration Over Destructive Criticisms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2015
okotv:
She said you are gentle, show that part and give him grace.

Lool.

Morning!

I called him that because he's one kind of a guy. cheesy

Guy is an ethnic bigot (no apologies for that) and will never consider your own reasoning and will continue bashing you.

I've had an encounter with him.

*well, it may be too hard to say: sorry, but iiiiiii take it back cheesy*

Then this is politics oh.

We can be best of friends outside here!
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

You should have quoted him also, and beseeched him to use more curt tones.

Addressing the sin of one while ignoring the folly of another doesn't make senseundecided
Some folks are just harsh. Don't know if he falls in that category, if he does, correcting him is like pouring water upon a rock.

By the way, I don't reply every abuse and if I do, its just to set things straight.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 9:44am On May 01, 2015
kaboninc:

Lool.

Morning!

I called him that because he's one kind of a guy. cheesy

Guy is an ethnic bigot (no apologies for that) and will never consider your own reasoning and will continue bashing you.

I've had an encounter with him.

*well, it may be too hard to say: sorry, but iiiiiii take it back cheesy*

Then this is politics oh.

We can be best of friends outside here!
Well, I assume your online personality should be same as offline. Don't blame politics for your vulgar language, after all I have been in politics and I haven't cursed anyone.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 9:45am On May 01, 2015
okotv:
Some folks are just harsh. Don't know if he falls in that category, if he does, correcting him is like pouring water upon a rock.

By the way, I don't reply every abuse and if I do, its just to set things straight.

Did you try reasoning with him?
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 9:47am On May 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

Did you try reasoning with him?
Kabonic's reply has settled that. No need if the guy acts that way.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by help3852: 10:01am On May 01, 2015
Patriotism encourages objectI've criticism else the government will do as they like.

Eg, Lagos a lot is going wrong but Many are too busy to ask questions.
Waking up in early Hours, returning late. No body is looking at details.
The Party capitslizes on media and makes everyone believe all is well.

The elites and middle class who are enlightened keep quiet maybe because some policies favors them Or just because they have the money to spenD

No democracy thrives without objective criticism.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2015
okotv:
Well, I assume your online personality should be same as offline. Don't blame politics for your vulgar language, after all I have been in politics and I haven't cursed anyone.

Vulgar language?

I suppose you're one kind of a saint!

I don't have dual personalities - what you see is what you get.

I also see you're someone who always have something to say. I hope am wrong.

Well thanks for you advice. It has been duly noted!
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:24am On May 01, 2015
kaboninc:

Vulgar language?

I suppose you're one kind of a saint!

I don't have dual personalities - what you see is what you get.

I also see you're someone who always have something to say. I hope am wrong.

Well thanks for you advice. It has been duly noted!
Hmm, saint Okay o.

okay.

Somehow, just thought it was proper to put things right.

Thank you and good morning
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by peeparty(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=33210788]
I was very unfortunate fortunate to trek the suburbs of Lagos' capital today.
Thanks to that faulty ride, the unrepentant gidi traffic and of course, near absence of vacant buses (Rush Hour Tins)
I left the office fuming, but now that I'm finally settled in a bus, on my way to my final destination, I'm thankful.
I had loads of time to trek, to reminisce, and to ruminate.

With the fresh air from the trees planted under the leadership of his excellency, BRF (SAN), fluttering all over my face....it was a time of sober reflection. I asked myself questions, hard ones....questions which everyone who has towed or intends to take the path I towed should ask themselves.

Why do I hate Buhari? What has he done against me as an individual?

Since when did I start excluding people from my grace list?

If GEJ had won, wouldn't I want people to give him grace before jumping at him?
Would I appreciate the militant attitude with which I treat anything GMB/PYO if someone did that to my own?

Even if the progressives on Nairaland treated/treats a man I honour as an individual with such disdain and ineptitude, does it make it right, for me to go all out to get my pound of flesh, albeit subconsciously? Now that their own is in power?

Would it kill me to believe God for a better Nigeria?

Why am I so convinced Nigeria will fail even more?
Btw, if Nigeria falls, who will bear the brunt more?

I have always believed in bringing sense, even out of nonsense. I have always believed that there is inherent goodness in everyman, no matter how worse and evil they appear.....why have I conveniently exempted the APC, GMB/PYO.

I remember asking "Where is Osinbajo?"
In my myopic thinking, I chose to think he has retired to his block of flats and handed over his post, unofficially to Tinubu.

Well, what if as I write now, that man is on his kness, praying and crying his hearts out.....asking God to help him steer the cause of this nation....what if?

For sometime now, I have observed that in my online relations, I have fallen short of THINKing. (an acronym I promoted on here briefly, as regards online ettiquette)

Is it Thoughtful?

Is it Helpful?

Is it Inspiring?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

Nonetheless, I reckon that we are all growing. We are all getting better... Those that point to our failings and accuse us of being hypocrites fail to see that we all have our blindspots and none of those blindspots makes us any less than we are. For we shine, not in never falling but in rising and pushing on.

It is on this note that I hereby submit that I have seen that my manner of approach and way of addressing Buhari and co was off and I have decided to make a turn around in the spirit of excellence.

Henceforth, I will try to see the good in the incoming administration and maintain a position of near neutrality and objectivity. I will put them in my prayers and be an ambassador of peace and goodwill where ever, whenever; for first and foremost, I am, A Nigerian.
So help me God.

I wish GMB good health of mind and body.
I wish him and his team wisdom and understanding uncommon as they prepare to pilot the affairs of this nation.
And So shall it be.

Thanks for taking time to read.

Signed

Mizmycoli (f)
smileysmileysmiley

[/quot abeg wen campaign go end?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by superstar1(m): 12:39pm On May 13, 2015
That is the spirit we have been preaching and really appreciate your change of heart.

We should all believe the best of this government and pray for its success. If it succeed, we shall all be the beneficiaries and not only GMB or PYO.

Be that as it may, while giving the new government a settling down period like a form of moratorium for learning the ropes of governance at Federal level, we should not got to sleep.

We should task this government by continuously demanding for good governance, recognisable dividend of democracy that is devoid of propaganda and also offering good solutions to the myriads of challenges confronting this nation.

My humble prayer is God Almighty to give the new government the wisdom, knowledge and understanding to steer the ship of this country aright and for each and every one of us to be partaker of the Lord's blessing and goodness on our nation.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Signed
Mizmycoli (f) smileysmileysmiley
[/font]
please do the needful, I've got something to tell you
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
please do the needful, I've got something to tell you

I just did!
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hi Oduduwaboysmiley
Long time.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Truckpusher(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar / Buhari Has Performed Above Any President In Nigeria’s History — Zamfara APC / Official Thread For What About Us? Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.