Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts (8199 Views)

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Buhari's Media Adviser Express Frustration Over Destructive Criticisms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari is not just a name but a movement (ideology). I believe it caught up with the OP.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Urine: 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

I was very unfortunate fortunate to trek the suburbs of Lagos' capital today.
Thanks to that faulty ride, the unrepentant gidi traffic and of course, near absence of vacant buses (Rush Hour Tins)
I left the office fuming, but now that I'm finally settled in a bus, on my way to my final destination, I'm thankful.
I had loads of time to trek, to reminisce, and to ruminate.

With the fresh air from the trees planted under the leadership of his excellency, BRF (SAN), fluttering all over my face....it was a time of sober reflection. I asked myself questions, hard ones....questions which everyone who has towed or intends to take the path I towed should ask themselves.

Why do I hate Buhari? What has he done against me as an individual?

Since when did I start excluding people from my grace list?

If GEJ had won, wouldn't I want people to give him grace before jumping at him?
Would I appreciate the militant attitude with which I treat anything GMB/PYO if someone did that to my own?

Even if the progressives on Nairaland treated/treats a man I honour as an individual with such disdain and ineptitude, does it make it right, for me to go all out to get my pound of flesh, albeit subconsciously? Now that their own is in power?

Would it kill me to believe God for a better Nigeria?

Why am I so convinced Nigeria will fail even more?
Btw, if Nigeria falls, who will bear the brunt more?

I have always believed in bringing sense, even out of nonsense. I have always believed that there is inherent goodness in everyman, no matter how worse and evil they appear.....why have I conveniently exempted the APC, GMB/PYO.

I remember asking "Where is Osinbajo?"
In my myopic thinking, I chose to think he has retired to his block of flats and handed over his post, unofficially to Tinubu.

Well, what if as I write now, that man is on his kness, praying and crying his hearts out.....asking God to help him steer the cause of this nation....what if?

For sometime now, I have observed that in my online relations, I have fallen short of THINKing. (an acronym I promoted on here briefly, as regards online ettiquette)

Is it Thoughtful?

Is it Helpful?

Is it Inspiring?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

Nonetheless, I reckon that we are all growing. We are all getting better... Those that point to our failings and accuse us of being hypocrites fail to see that we all have our blindspots and none of those blindspots makes us any less than we are. For we shine, not in never falling but in rising and pushing on.

It is on this note that I hereby submit that I have seen that my manner of approach and way of addressing Buhari and co was off and I have decided to make a turn around in the spirit of excellence.

Henceforth, I will try to see the good in the incoming administration and maintain a position of near neutrality and objectivity. I will put them in my prayers and be an ambassador of peace and goodwill where ever, whenever; for first and foremost, I am, A Nigerian.
So help me God.

I wish GMB good health of mind and body.
I wish him and his team wisdom and understanding uncommon as they prepare to pilot the affairs of this nation.
And So shall it be.

Thanks for taking time to read.

Signed

Mizmycoli (f)
smileysmileysmiley

Hopefully, this will be the beginning of the process where you rediscover yourself, where you return to your roots...what made folks notice you. This is a step in the right direction, well done!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Jchi9876: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
@MyColi:

You have spoken well! I understand your position of wishing the government well and giving it a chance. This has always been my position too. However, wishing a government well does not mean absence of criticism, neither does it mean absence of analytical thinking. Wishing a government well does not also mean to be in agreement with everything it says or do, neither does it mean instituting a one-party state.

We shall always wish the incoming government well, but we shall not relent in playing our patriotic role as citizens and opposition.

you remain a Virus far from a PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONAL, POLITICAL ANALYST AND STRATEGIST.

who dash Monkey

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Kolade354(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

You again....

You are APC....
He is in the Millitary and he has to support The General......That is how dey do in Nigeria Millitary.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
He is in the Millitary and he has to support The General......That is how dey do in Nigeria Millitary.

Who's in the Military?
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Who's in the Military?
its my career path
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by ShowYourCertificate: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
Waste of time. There's nothing this Buhari can do. He is part of those people who have misruled us in the past. Now he wants a repeat. He is a scam, a big one. I doubt his tenure would last for four years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
its my career path
Hmmm.
Military take commands and obey instructions.
But they have their conscience.
Military are not partisans.
So are you? Or you want to be?
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Kolade354(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Who's in the Military?
Okotv of course.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Hmmm.

Military take commands and obey instructions.

But they have their conscience.

Military are not partisans.

So are you? Or you want to be?
Well, we are not partisans. Our training doesn't allow for that as it is obey the last command.

An aspiring cadet officer.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Okotv of course.
How did you know ?
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Kolade354(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
Honestly the Hate on Buhari is too mush and it is only Tribal Hate...........Jonathan is a good man anyday anytime but he is not a Born-leader.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Kolade354(m): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
How did you know ?
Your signature and the way you defend the 'Khaki Boyz', You have no problem supporting the General.........Major General Akiriniade RTD is my cousin and he openly suppport Buhari on a radio station..............That How they do in Nigeria Millitary.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by pickabeau1: 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:
*yawns*

Hatred based on bitterness cos of tribe/religion and hearsay without critically looking at issues.

Anyway, she done change #Godwin
grin grin

Let's encourage her
For me I'm happy the wilderness years of PDP are over for d time being

I'm surprised PDP apologists are praying for opposition when PDP crushed all before theim

For those who still hold onto the myopic view that GeJ was an angel who just happened to be surrounded by devils....I refer you once again to the PWC report..

Receive sense

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
Well, we are not partisans. Our training doesn't allow for that as it is obey the last command.

An aspiring cadet officer.

I wish you good luck.

That's great.

Just don't venture into politics.

In politics, even your wife can become your greatest enemy.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
pickabeau1:

grin grin

Let's encourage her

I'm surprised PDP apologists are praying for opposition when PDP crushed all before theim

For those who still hold onto the myopic view that GeJ was an angel who just happened to be surrounded by devils....I refer you once again to the PWC report..

Receive sense

I wonder what you got or claim to understand from the PwC report.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Your signature and the way you defend the 'Khaki Boyz', You have no problem supporting the General.........Major General Akiriniade RTD is my cousin and he openly suppport Buhari on a radio station..............That How they do in Nigeria Millitary.

Hmmmmm

Well there's espirit de corps
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Thank you. I am aspiring though. Hopefully, I would get there this year.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

I wish you good luck.
That's great.
Just don't venture into politics.
In politics, even your wife can become your greatest enemy.
I might join only if it becomes clean enough.
I love my life.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by dunkem21(m): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:
I choose to come here for a reason...

Well some people do not actually hate Buhari. Not every comment about Buhari and his gang should actually be taken in a negative sense.

I belong to that set of individuals who do not hate him. I just do not like his personality, the personalities surrounding him and the mantra for which he rose to power. These are fundamental issues one cannot just wave aside. He is just not our kind of leader - a leader for a complex society as ours.

To me and the lots like me, his campaigns and the messages that came with it were founded on lies, deceits and fraud. That is what I hate about Buhari. Now we're beginning to notice some recounting of promises especially issues relating to corruption - Timpreye Silva should come to your mind.

His recent utterances, actions and inactions are confirming our doubts about him. If you've observed closely, he has been drawing the 'rage' of the current president just to give the impression that this government is stinking with a very bad stench from the worst sewage tank ever! A focused leader should know what time wasters are. An example is the PwC report.

I do not want to cry more than the bereaved (of course I am also a member of the bereaved).

I wish him good luck but will definitely come down hard on him. People learn like this also.

You spoke my mind verbatim and I reiterate, we don't hate Buhari! ..and we will all love to see a greater Nigeria of our dreams.
Keeping him on his toes will make us achieve this dream faster ..I listened to a radio session dissect Buhari's social program just a day after barcanista's thread hit home page ..and I was so sure that many terminologies were lifted from NL.

Again, I love Buhari and ...he who the Lord loves, he chastise!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
dunkem21:

You spoke my mind verbatim and I reiterate, we don't hate Buhari! ..and we will all love to see a greater Nigeria of our dreams.
Keeping him on his toes will make us achieve this dream faster ..I listened to a radio session dissect Buhari's social program just a day after barcanista's thread hit home page ..and I was so sure that many terminologies were lifted from NL.

Again, I love Buhari and ...he who the Lord loves, he chastise!

Thank you.

If your fierce and constructive criticism will make our country a better place, then am in.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
I might join only if it becomes clean enough.

I love my life.

Politics is never clean.

You also find politics even in the Military.

We all love our lives!
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Politics is never clean.

You also find politics even in the Military.

We all love our lives!
I hope to clean up the military or become an example to my juniors and seniors alike. I can.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
I hope to clean up the military or become an example to my juniors and seniors alike. I can.

There are things that can just never be cleaned!

The Military is just one of them.

You do your best and leave the rest for the next!
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

There are things that can just never be cleaned!

The Military is just one of them.

You do your best and leave the rest for the next!
the last paragraph is it.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by dunkem21(m): 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Thank you.

If your fierce and constructive criticism will make our country a better place, then am in.

Our collective efforts will take our country to envious heights.

Imagine if we had not condemned strongly AIT's barring ..the APC will not retract their actions.

I wish barcanista will remain in opposition to keep EVERY government standing on their feet ..even if his candidate/party wins.

It is for the overall interest of Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by cy4cent(f): 12:29am On Apr 29, 2015
God bless you my sister, it takes a person with conscience to reflect on his/her actions to others,
agree that there are lapses, accept responsibility for the lapses,
and make amends where need be, like you just did.

I believe majority of us wants the progress n betterment of this country, but not by being bitter n lacking objective n constructive criticism.

May God bless you as you have chosen to tow this path , even if you are an opposition to APC or a member, constructive criticism is the best, n not the Pull Him Down ( PHD) syndrome.

More power to your elbow.

gracias !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Ezemust: 3:23am On Apr 29, 2015
cy4cent:
God bless you my sister, it takes a person with conscience to reflect on his/her actions to others,
agree that their are lapses, accept the lapses,
and make amends where need be, like you just did.

I believe majority of us wants the progress n betterment of this country, but not by being bitter n lacking objective n constructive criticism.

May God bless you as you have chosen to tow this path , even if you are an opposition to APC or a member, constructive criticism is the best, n not the Pull Him Down ( PHD) syndrome.

More power to your elbow.

gracias !!!
dats true.especialy the P.H.D they used against gej.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Mynd44: 3:58am On Apr 29, 2015
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Mynd44: 4:00am On Apr 29, 2015
pickabeau1:

grin grin

Let's encourage her

Receive sense
I am in support of everyone and don't mind opposite opinions (except on some humanitarian issues) it is just not cool when you want to hate someone for no good reason at all. It is not right.

I can remember when Afam4eva asked why I was anti-GEJ. We trashed it out right there that is was a performance thing not tribe.

It was even more that people don't realize people like me are not pro-GMB. I could care less but after sitting down to rate the GEJ administration, it was evident that this government is one of complete failure and the nation needs saving hence the #GEJout movement.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Mynd44: 4:03am On Apr 29, 2015
kaboninc:

I wonder what you got or claim to understand from the PwC report.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46am On Apr 29, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Waste of time. There's nothing this Buhari can do. He is part of those people who have misruled us in the past. Now he wants a repeat. He is a scam, a big one. I doubt his tenure would last for four years.
Are you no longer looking for certificate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Drops The Mother Of All BOMBS / There’s No Division In Afenifere – Ebiseni, Secretary / The Work Has Not Even Started, Yet This 'Boy' Is Already Tired ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.