Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28944 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ONYX5(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
na your papa and mama be mumus ediot
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by theV0ice: 2:00pm On May 06, 2015
Sobeautiful:
Soyinka you are not through yet? You are still calling us names- slowpoke. Good for a supposed civilized gentleman or your own education doesn't involve civilization?

Not all Igbos believed the rubbish they ascribed to Soyinka even before this rebuttal came out because they have plenty grey matter which they used for thinking and they knew a distinguished citizen of Soyinka's calibre would never descend into the sewers and gutters of bigotry with the likes seen on nairaland.

His description is for the numskulls who believed that thrash and indeed, whoever they are, wherever they come from, they are irredeemable slowpokes without exception

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by tbaba1234: 2:00pm On May 06, 2015
Chigold101:
i am Igbo without APOLOGY sir... Wole SOYINKA is just playing the same game Oba of Lagos & that funny Doctor who lives in USA played.

They all speak before thinking. It is a pity.

Am a PROUD BIAFRAN...

Soyinka spent 22 months in prison for the biafran cause,.. He did more for biafra than you have.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Dinirojones(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2015
Ode watch the video b4 spewing thrash...crazy chestbeaters
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by theV0ice: 2:10pm On May 06, 2015
ideykwum:
You are the one bereft of thinking! If you were thinking, you'd realise that the political climate in Nigeria is still very sensitive, and the tendency for even people, who would have been normally considered to be above board, being suspect is high!!! It's not Seun instigating a war, it's the originator of such an irresponsible write-up that is the problem! And rather than drag Seun into this, it's the MODS who should have done due diligence on the article that should receive the flak!

I don't know how to label your own brand of clueless, but please sometimes a "no comment" hides the virulence of our idiocy! Try it more often!

You're not only clueless, you're also very dense. Did you not blame GMB for the AIT debacle even after it was very obvious the man had nothing to to with it?

How many times do threads bordering on bigotry hit the front page? How many times have sensible people cried out about what NL has become? Is the owner on a trip to mars that he's not being seeing the descent of his creation?

If you have nothing sensible to say, pls shut up

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ideykwum: 2:16pm On May 06, 2015
To show you how dense you are, you assumed that I must have made a comment about Buhari and AIT Lol! This is Nairaland...A simple search would cure your brand of madness!! Olodo!

theV0ice:

You're not only clueless, you're also very dense. Did you not blame GMB for the AIT debacle even after it was very obvious the man had nothing to to with it?

How many times do threads bordering on bigotry hit the front page? How many times have sensible people cried out about what NL has become? Is the owner on a trip to mars that he's not being seeing the descent of his creation?

If you have nothing sensible to say, pls shut up
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by funlord(m): 2:24pm On May 06, 2015
grin Only a DUNCE, suffering from neurological damage mixed in with a little dash of psychosis would ever ascribe such a statement to "Kongi the boss"! Nigerians are the easiest set of people to deceive on earth!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Ilekeh(f): 2:27pm On May 06, 2015
Yawnn.

funlord:
grin Only a DUNCE, suffering from neurological damage mixed in with a little dash of psychosis would ever ascribe such a statement to "Kongi the boss"! Nigerians are the easiest set of people to deceive on earth!

Nigerians? Be more specific.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsenal33: 2:35pm On May 06, 2015
NCOIM:
This Man is always trying to appear on the screen

He's a Two-Mouthed fellow
His Senility is Now beginning to worry the Concerned Citizens

very slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ngoziama: 2:35pm On May 06, 2015
stabillo:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied describing Igbo as people who vote based on their stomach.

Some online media had quoted Soyinka as saying Igbo were politically naive while delivering a lecture titled ‘Predicting Nigeria, Electoral Ironies’ at Harvard University Hutchins Centre for African and African American Research in the United States.

He was quoted as saying “Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

However, Soyinka said in a statement on Thursday that it was unfortunate that people could tell lies against him.

The playwright described those peddling the rumour as morons who have ulterior motives.

He said his entire lecture delivered at Harvard University was recorded on video and anyone who was interested could access it on the Internet.

He said: "I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University, was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.” the statement read

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-blasts-online-media-denies-insulting-igbo/

Soyinka is not a good person and he is a bigot
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ayusco85(m): 2:37pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, dis soyinka guy no deserve nobel price
Wetin d guy don write sef
Lion and d ....... I don forget d name
He's a shame, he shld go learn from d Achebe's
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

U are a mad man hope u know??

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Esilo(m): 2:42pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
sometimes i hate to lay abuses on people who are naive.so ur instinct tells u that winning the first african best author is not a profound reputation,anyway he is not even asking for ur credit
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by UthyWebAppsMan(m): 2:42pm On May 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I'm his doctor. We are doing our best.

LWKMD!!!
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by trappatoni(m): 2:42pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=SirBrightoc post=33468719]Thanks Prof for refuting the story promptly.
Those mischief makers who are bent on causing disaffection between one tribe and the other should pls stop the madness. War will do no one good. Stop the hate campaigns.
To commentators, pls lets verify sources before we begin to call names and add fuel to little fire.
Though we speak different languages, we are one; created by the same God; together in one country called Nigeria. AT LEAST FOR NOW.
LET'S RESPECT ONE ANOTHER.[/quote. God will blss you for that comment
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Eshinwaju: 2:45pm On May 06, 2015
baba wole said it.....do ur worst...onli da truth can set u free.... grin grin...so wat is ur worst....another petition or meaningless ultimatum I dey laffu .....o...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by DikSin(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

like say ya father sabi write his name sef, e for better
oloshi yanma_yanma
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 06, 2015
Esilo:
sometimes i hate to lay abuses on people who are naive.so ur instinct tells u that winning the first african best author is not a profound reputation,anyway he is not even asking for ur credit
if am d last person dat will make him win d nobel price am sure dat he wont get it
he shld come out and name one book dat is up to standards as we ving today
oga, he won it wen dere was no competition, so he shld go and die wif is crude and wacko skull
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by trappatoni(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=SirBrightoc post=33468719]Thanks Prof for refuting the story promptly.
Those mischief makers who are bent on causing disaffection between one tribe and the other should pls stop the madness. War will do no one good. Stop the hate campaigns.
To commentators, pls lets verify sources before we begin to call names and add fuel to little fire.
Though we speak different languages, we are one; created by the same God; together in one country called Nigeria. AT LEAST FOR NOW.
LET'S RESPECT ONE ANOTHER.[/quote. God will bless you for that comment
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Wislet(f): 2:59pm On May 06, 2015
SirBrightoc:
Thanks Prof for refuting the story promptly.
LET'S RESPECT ONE ANOTHER.
NIGERIA'S DIVERSITY IS ACTUALLY A BLESSING TO HER.

IF ONLY MISCREANTS WILL RESPECT THEMSELVES OR BE DEALT WITH IF THEY THINK THEY CAN PLAY WITH NIGERIA'S UNITY.

PEOPLE MUST PUT ASIDE "I AM YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA". IT SHOULD BE "I AM A NIGERIAN".

Let no one think/device evil for his neighbour , and let us learn to trust one another.

Then the world would truly be afraid of Nigeria, because as it stands, Nigeria's stagnancy is embedded in her ethnic bigotry: if any action is taken, every group will check if it's done to work against them/not. Which nation ever grows with such attitude?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by theV0ice: 2:59pm On May 06, 2015
ideykwum:
To show you how dense you are, you assumed that I must have made a comment about Buhari and AIT Lol! This is Nairaland...A simple search would cure your brand of madness!! Olodo!

Congrats on not being 1diotic enough to join in the bash GMB bandwagon

I don't have to go on a search to identify the slowpoke erudite Soyinka had in mind.

If you believed the great man said the rubbish ascribed to him, you're a slowpoke. That's Soyinka's verdict and I am in full agreement.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ideykwum: 3:05pm On May 06, 2015
I can literally see your sluggish mind trying to crank up! If you had better judgement, you'd admit that even Soyinka's use of the word "slowpoke" belittles his person! One can disagree, but not be disagreeable!! If you choose to quote him, like the intellectual repeater station that you are, you can; the only problem is, Soyinka can get away with it, you can't. While he comes out smelling like roses, you'd be smelling of putrid vomit!!!

theV0ice:

Congrats on not being 1diotic enough to join in the bash GMB bandwagon

I don't have to go on a search to identify the slowpoke erudite Soyinka had in mind.

If you believed the great man said the rubbish ascribed to him, you're a slowpoke. That's Soyinka's verdict and I am in full agreement.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by muscoliscious(f): 3:07pm On May 06, 2015
Jorussia:
I thought as much,Soyinka will not be so stupid to make such a comment.
he is more stupid than you think
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by lolababe331e: 3:10pm On May 06, 2015
Anyone who believed it is retarded. This is a man who went to prison for months for the same Igbos
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PhockPhockMan: 3:12pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:

NgeneUkwenu is nothing but a born throw away igbo wannabe hell bent on dividing the already divided nation to please his masters

You mentioned an evil fellow.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by emmatok(m): 3:12pm On May 06, 2015
Sobeautiful:
Soyinka you are not through yet? You are still calling us names- slowpoke. Good for a supposed civilized gentleman or your own education doesn't involve civilization?

Yes he deserves the right to call you people SLOWPOKES , for using his name on your useless article.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by spiralwedge(m): 3:14pm On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible

this is the whole summary, it also confirms the denied statement
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by karkel(m): 3:32pm On May 06, 2015
U are been forgiven......no talk again
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Mobidot(m): 3:34pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu
Soyinka is right. There will always be a slowpoke..and you are a slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by theV0ice: 3:36pm On May 06, 2015
ideykwum:
I can literally see your sluggish mind trying to crank up! If you had better judgement, you'd admit that even Soyinka's use of the word "slowpoke" belittles his person! One can disagree, but not be disagreeable!! If you choose to quote him, like the intellectual repeater station that you are, you can; the only problem is, Soyinka can get away with it, you can't. While he comes out smelling like roses, you'd be smelling of putrid vomit!!!

See the definition of the word Soyinka used which was translated "slowpoke"

1 usually offensive : a person affected with mild mental retardation
2 : a very stupid person

Its not an insult....its a description meant to be offensive. Get a dictionary and cure your ignorance.

Once again, if you believe the Soyinka who spoke up for the deprived people of the Niger Delta in their agitation against the FG said all that rubbish ascribed to him, you're a SLOWPOKE incapable of rational thought.

If you believe the same Soyinka who went to jail for defending the biafran cause, would say all that trash ascribed to him, you're nothing but a SLOWPOKE.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ooshinibos: 3:47pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

relax bruv ...the man just denied that he said anything about the ndigbos ....
please watch the video , Soyinka is too educated to utter such word please
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ooshinibos: 3:49pm On May 06, 2015
Soyinka is too educated to utter such word against the Ndigbos ...Soyinka is not tribalist and he has gone to jail for speaking against tribalism . case closed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Arrest Warrant Issued To SSS To Search And Arrest Judges (photos) / Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment / Tinubu: Bayo Shittu Thanks Northern Governors, Says Asiwaju Is Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.