Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28953 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 06, 2015
It's so saddened that we do believe anything we read online. Some wouldn't even read the post, rather the comments to justify their understanding of the content of the post.
We should imbibe the culture of verifying the authenticity of a post before making comments. If you ain't sure of the objectivity of a post, it's more advisable to observe rather joining the queue formed by the Lunatics.
One Nigeria will work!
Just believe!

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2015
exxell:
Am a a core Igbo and I never believed the previous thread for one day.... Know why? Wole Soyinka has always supported the Biafran cause! My respect is still with this Yoruba man till he death. One of the the few though!
i would have stood by you brother. But things are different now. Since the end of the war many people see us as less humans and go ahead making stu.pid comments.

The doctor who said igbos should be killed later came out to deny it.

Oba of Lagos also denied his own comment.

Soyinka like any of those people who didnt like GEJ, can say anything against a people that supported their enemy.

Do u really think there is no comment which Wole made that trigered anger & accrimony in the heart of that writer who posted it from cable?

I still believe that in every romour there is some level of reality. Even smoke wont come out with fire, even if it is from moter engine.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2015
You went to school to learn bigotry, ethnicity? GEJ did well and he was voted out? Honestly tell he lost over 10m votes because of tribalism. And explain how those who voted enmass for him in 2011 all of a sudden became tribal bigots like yourself.

deletrue:
Lie. I say you are not a fair person.
One thing you should know from now is that this country will no longer be the same again especially because of this recent election results. Note it from now that this country will become one of the most useless and a complete nuisance shortly. Every one is aware that there is nothing like one Nigeria. Who you won deceive as at today? I will particularly ensure at my capacity ensure that Buhari will face attacks every hours through this social medias. By God's grace my blog will be out.
Ok tell me if Dino had contested under GEJ/pdp, will he have won? If Alrufia had contested under GEJ and pdp, will you voted for him. If Nuhu had contested under apc will you not vote in his favour? Be informed that any persons who shake a coconut to see if there is water in it, will also remember his head will be shaking too.
You still talking about when the south south and others made mistakes that we are one. No way. We will tear this place together.
When Soyinka was protecting Biafrans, was this country like this? As at that time, people from other regions were also assuming we are one and were always taking it easy.
Also tell me from the election result, if Buhari was a cripple, will you have voted him out. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Touchforfree(m): 1:03pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, dis soyinka guy no deserve nobel price

I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

If to ur own perception Wole Soyinka doesn't deserve Nobel Laurette, why not raise a motion for the withdrawal of the award from him.
Or can you compare the "award" to the "awarm" you receive here on Nairaland.
The man discredited what was written about him and the rantings continues from you all.

By the Grace of the Power above, we'll all live to witness the positive change in ds new forthcoming transition.
Nobody pushed GEJ out of power but he himself did. We all know pple like you did not share the belief that GEJ mis-rule ds country in ds 6-yrs rule of d nation; just wait till May 30th when the alegations will start coming out.

GOD SAVE NIGERIA...

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2015
IYANGBALI:
if you are not satisfied with what he said,the lagos lagoon is still flowing,you can jump into it,we are yet to start charging people for that
lolzzz

For this your small mind you think that everybody that uses internet or that comments in NL lives in Lagos... It is time u take a few days and travel out of Lagos... Okay?

For that your shallow mind you think that lagoon is a very deep water, no it is not. It is far more shallow than your mind. It cant drown a person of 3 feet tall. The only problem with lagoon is that it is dirty & smells.

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by obailala(m): 1:06pm On May 06, 2015
kaboninc:

Whose horse's mouth?

Having you seen today's daily? Or should I help you?
I am a Nigerian and I know too well how dubious and unprofessional some of our journalists can be. So when I read a strange story (such as the one from The Cable yesterday), the smart thing to do is wait for either the horse (Prof Wole) to confirm or refute or I wait for more than one source (preferably more recognised sources) to broadcast the same story.

There are a lot of false stories all over the place such as the infamous N1 = $1 allegation and the "I will eliminate BH in 2 months" falsehood. The problem with such stories is that just like gossips, there are a lot of jobless and not-too-smart people who are idly waiting to hear such so as to propagate it or make disparaging remarks. These set of jobless people are so excited about spreading the falsehood that they wouldn't even stop even if it is confirmed to be a lie.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Wetin d guy don write sef
Lion and d ....... I don forget d name
He's a shame, he shld go learn from d Achebe's
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
the thing pain am no be small.. hahaha loool grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Forwetinnah: 1:08pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

Politicians in the West better bridle their tongues...they say things without thinking and then turn around to deny it. 1st that Useless doc Ariyo, now WS...what do they have in common?? Denial
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by pumppin(m): 1:09pm On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
na u be the biggest mumu,goat
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by obailala(m): 1:10pm On May 06, 2015
Chigold101:
i would have stood by you brother. But things are different now. Since the end of the war many people see us as less humans and go ahead making stu.pid comments.

The doctor who said igbos should be killed later came out to deny it.

Oba of Lagos also denied his own comment.

Soyinka like any of those people who didnt like GEJ, can say anything against a people that supported their enemy.

Do u really think there is no comment which Wole made that trigered anger & accrimony in the heart of that writer who posted it from cable?

I still believe that in every romour there is some level of reality. Even smoke wont come out with fire, even if it is from moter engine.
Haha!.. here is one of them again. You have just been told the truth but something in you resists the truth. You actually wish he said it so as to justify your animosity. God help you!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by UyiIredia(m): 1:15pm On May 06, 2015
“Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

Funny enough the statement is true of some Igbos, like those in MASSOB.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 06, 2015
nduchucks:
ngwanu, Prof. Soyinka, you did not say that Igbos voted based on their stomachs, but you sir, know fully well that Igbo people believed the news reports.

Sodiafor, you just called Igbos Slowpokes. Nna, this is just as bad as saying that our people vote with their stomachs. How I wish Achebe were around to deal with you, sir. embarassed
Well it was your fault for believing na.. if you didn't believe that absurd report you shouldn't feel like a "slowpoke" or that he called you one.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 06, 2015
Ishilove:
Ask google
why are u doing this to me na?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by simpleseyi: 1:18pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ideykwum: 1:22pm On May 06, 2015
What kind of talk is this? Why must you be so shallow So, whether it is true or not, Igbos should have said nothing because a "Nobel Laureate" couldn't have said it? I think you're beginning to confuse the word "Igbo" with your mother's name! I mean, even if it's your mother, you should show some respect...not uttering every reckless thought that designs to itch your putrid and feeble mind!

aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by kaboninc(m): 1:23pm On May 06, 2015
obailala:
I am a Nigerian and I know too well how dubious and unprofessional some of our journalists can be. So when I read a strange story (such as the one from The Cable yesterday), the smart thing to do is wait for either the horse (Prof Wole) to confirm or refute or I wait for more than one source (preferably more recognised sources) to broadcast the same story.

There are a lot of false stories all over the place such as the infamous N1 = $1 allegation and the "I will eliminate BH in 2 months" falsehood. The problem with such stories is that just like gossips, there are a lot of jobless and not-too-smart people who are idly waiting to hear such so as to propagate it or make disparaging remarks. These set of jobless people are so excited about spreading the falsehood that they wouldn't even stop even if it is confirmed to be a lie.

In as much as I share your sentiments about spreading false news stories, this particular one is no rumor in any way. I can show you proof from a very authoritative source if you don't mind.

He said although MASSOB did not have the same pan-Igbo outreach like the umbrella Ohanaeze Ndigbo socio-cultural group, MASSOB carried sufficient clout amongst the Igbos to open offices, defy government directives against its secessionist activities and even printed its own currency.

“The climax of MASSOB’s war against the Nigerian state was the call for sit-ins and civil disobedience that shut down markets and public services as Igbos stayed at home in a symbolic gesture to assert Biafran independence.

“The call was honoured by governors in the two principal Ibo states, though without fanfare,” Soyinka said, adding humorously that the Igbos are probably the only group of Nigerians that could be predicted with great accuracy as to whom they will vote for in an election, [size=13pt]“because they tend to put their votes where their stomachs take them; suffering as it were, from incurable money-mindedness, as they would stop at nothing in their quest for personal financial gain”[/size].

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/soyinka-buhari-was-better-of-two-evils-anyaoku-nigerians-owe-jonathan-gratitude/208596/
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by nduchucks: 1:24pm On May 06, 2015
Emirofsambisa1:

You are a He goat... Must you twist words just to satisfy your sense of tribal bigotry?

egbe ndi Abriba piafuka gi blokos embarassed
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by deletrue: 1:24pm On May 06, 2015
arsetalks:
You went to school to learn bigotry, ethnicity? GEJ did well and he was voted out? Honestly tell he lost over 10m votes because of tribalism. And explain how those who voted enmass for him in 2011 all of a sudden became tribal bigots like yourself.

Your brain nor good. Are you saying if it were possible to remove GEJ during the first tenure, will you fail to do that? Why did four governors, all from the north, left GEJ if it is not tribal motives? Off all the yoruba states, only Fayese nor gree for apc. All the state in the north voted against GEJ. You don see that kind of thing?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by KanwuliaJara: 1:31pm On May 06, 2015
Whoever "fastened such imbecilic pronouncement" on him deserves A MEDAL for speaking nothing but the truth!!!!!! kiss
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ideykwum: 1:32pm On May 06, 2015
That guy and one Kanwuliajara are aberrations! I don't advocate an "o yes" followership, but at least reason in a balanced way, not like some robot!

[quote author=EUROBOMBER post=33468844][/quote]
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 1:33pm On May 06, 2015
deletrue:
Your brain nor good. Are you saying if it were possible to remove GEJ during the first tenure, will you fail to do that? Why did four governors, all from the north, left GEJ if it is not tribal motives? Off all the yoruba states, only Fayese nor gree for apc. All the state in the north voted against GEJ. You don see that kind of thing?
Ironic that same north voted for him in 2011? Defend that and please, it is extremely difficult for me to read pigin ( not forming ). Make it easier for us to educate each other by writing in proper English. Please.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Kassidy90(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
He said u can access the recorded video of the lecture online...why ar u still bittered abi u be slow...ke
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by omojeesu(m): 1:35pm On May 06, 2015
Thank God for Prof's response. I wondered when I read the earlier post. Nigeria will be great again!
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by toju1(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

you are raking and shouting at the top of your voice,your people are there making ways of trying to settle issues with buhari,looking for how their kinsmen will benefit from the Govt,you are shouting.after shouting,tell me whether some cash had been sent to your account.better open your eyes and face the reality
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chiaka(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2015
Haba! if he has said that would have made rubbish of his person. I was surprised though better not at his level should be given to such petty words
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by shaqhead: 1:51pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

"I knew he would deny it"...U actually swallowed that piece of gibberish penned in d coven of mischief hook, line, sinker and d whole fishin crew becos it suits ur ignoble hidden agenda dt u lack ballz to canvass for right?

Now dt its out dt Soyinka ddnt say such n he challenged u to go get rid of ur fooolishness by watching d video somwia online u r still unnecesarily pushin issue still!

Few folks like u r d ones that give d igbos a bad name-always wantin to pick a fyt where there is none...

Go watch d video before u make a profession out of inanity!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PenSniper: 1:51pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

You are obviously one of those he refered to as slowpoke. Somebody said his lecture was video-recorded and could be verified by anyone who cares yet you turned your brain upside down and accuse him of denial. slowpoke.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by theV0ice: 1:53pm On May 06, 2015
ekenedegreat:
I think I am a confirmed senior slowpoke among the SLOWPOKES!!! For some good reasons i should start by examining myself from hair to toe.

Surely you're an irredemable slowpoke.... no need examining yourself if indeed you believe that a man who spent time in jail for supporting ojukwu would now make comments disparaging the Igbo. To show how dense you're, you ignored the fact that the whole lecture is on verifiable video.

Soyinka is way above the league of empty bigots like you

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Sobeautiful: 1:54pm On May 06, 2015
Soyinka you are not through yet? You are still calling us names- slowpoke. Good for a supposed civilized gentleman or your own education doesn't involve civilization?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Jokay07(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2015
kelvyn7:

hahahahahaha grin grin

so u didnt know d meaning of "slowpoke" before now ? grin grin grin

guy u need to expand ur vocabs cheesy

u need to send appreciations to Wole for making u learn a new word grin

note dat i didnt bliv dat he said that, cos he is someone i respect so much

but what i am saying is dat, he shd not expect EVERYONE to doubt what ever is in the media. Then calling THOSE who ignorantly belivd "slowpoke" is not the best!! Thats what i think bro.
i actually thought there's much more to being a 'slowpoke' as regards to your manner, meanwhile, I agree with your point.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ideykwum: 1:59pm On May 06, 2015
You are the one bereft of thinking! If you were thinking, you'd realise that the political climate in Nigeria is still very sensitive, and the tendency for even people, who would have been normally considered to be above board, being suspect is high!!! It's not Seun instigating a war, it's the originator of such an irresponsible write-up that is the problem! And rather than drag Seun into this, it's the MODS who should have done due diligence on the article that should receive the flak!

I don't know how to label your own brand of clueless, but please sometimes a "no comment" hides the virulence of our idiocy! Try it more often!

theV0ice:

The question is "what does Seun and the mods who are obviously Nigerians have to gain from instigating civil war?

How could adults with brains believe that Soyinka

Who went to jail because of his stance on Biafra

Who was at variance with the great Awo over Biafra

Who was chief negotiator for Niger Delta militants in their amnesty negotiations with the FG

Who has always being identified with the oppressed

Will now descend so low into ethnic profiling at a prestigious institution like Harvard? How could a thinking human believe such?

They are exactly what Soyinka described them as: SLOWPOKES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi: PDP Senators Reject Confirmation / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari / Court Restrains Ayu From Acting As PDP National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.