Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28946 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:21pm On May 06, 2015
Let's talk once you have achieved better than he has. Until then shut the f*ck and try to better your life. Tribalistic idiota.

OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, dis soyinka guy no deserve nobel price
Wetin d guy don write sef
Lion and d ....... I don forget d name
He's a shame, he shld go learn from d Achebe's
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 06, 2015
ikombe:
pls respect a dead man , who is known all over the world.

He was a mere mortal. Dust!

You only respect those who were gods alive and after they die.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Guyman02: 12:22pm On May 06, 2015
Which newspaper be 'Cable' again. Very soon soon Seun will publish something written by 'wire' or 'rope' against Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu
Only cowards make comments and then modify it. Don't make comments if you know they will not stand the test of time and if they do not stand the test of time, stay with your ideas.

I blame Seun for the children on this forum. Odechukwu retardeen.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ichidodo: 12:25pm On May 06, 2015
emmatok:
[s][/s]

HAHA, your plans to discredit WORD SMITH didn't work this time.
If you don't mind,we don't like slowpokes spamming our mentions....thank you.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:26pm On May 06, 2015
asha80:
And NgeneUkwenu was swearing that the article is true..sometimes you just have to draw a line between pure politics and trying to curry favour by engaging in extreme foolishness
Where did she say the article is true? She said if truly he said that, he isn't far from the true.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by mapet: 12:29pm On May 06, 2015
obailala:
stabillo: :
Professor Wole Soyinka has released a statement denying reports that he trashed the Igbos during his lecture at Harvard University last week. Soyinka was quoted to have said 'the Igbos voted based on their stomach and suffer from incurable money mindedness'. The Nobel Laureate says he never made a statement like that and anyone who believes he did is a slowpoke. Lol. His statement below...

"I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University, was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally slow will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.” the statement read

source: http://lindaikeji..nl/2015/05/soyinka-denies-blasting-igbos-says.html?m=1

I carefully refused to comment on the other thread until I heard from the horses mouth. Definitely, a major lecture of that nature would be recorded on video and very soon, the videos would be out on Youtube. I never believed Prof Soyinka could have made such a needless statement in public; some individuals are just well above certain things.

It is really sad that some unscrupulous entities would just sit behind a desk and conjure inflammatory statements to disturb public peace and cause disaffection... and now someone would tell me it is wrong if such a website is closed or the publishers arrested?

1. The same scenario played itself when a journalist published that GMB mentioned at a forum the Islamization of Nigeria......... for me the problem is not with the useless journos that concocted the fabrication. The problem is with many of us as a collective. We are damn too lazy to do the simple....Verify.
2. Just like GMB told Father Kukah back then, Soyinka had to do same now - Get the damn video, Audio and textual recordings
3. But are some of us here so stupid and ignorant, not to understand that at an intellectual forum like the Havard, you cannot just say anything of such?
4. We have mumus here and the shame is that they do not realise the level of their idiocy. How can a news like this come out and we cannot collectively condemn the source?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:29pm On May 06, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I am beginning to suspect that there are some forces that are hell bent on starting some kind of war in Nigeria. They thought Nigeria would go up in flames because of the presidential elections but were soundly disappointed.

If you observe the way things have been going lately you will notice that some forces are trying to fan the flames of ethnic hatred in Nigeria and start a conflagration.

They will always fail in jesus name.
And Igbo on nairaland and the moderators and Seun seem to be helping them. I do not understand why news can not be verified before pushed to the front page. Seun I am sure loves this beautiful country as much as you and I do and maybe much more but pushing threads like that of yesterday and the one about Fashola and Fayemi without proper due diligence will only push this country to the brick.

It is a shame. I thought we will reunite again once the elections are over but worse it gets.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2015
theV0ice:

The question is "what does Seun and the mods who are obviously Nigerians have to gain from instigating civil war?

How could adults with brains believe that Soyinka

Who went to jail because of his stance on Biafra

Who was at variance with the great Awo over Biafra

Who was chief negotiator for Niger Delta militants in their amnesty negotiations with the FG

Who has always being identified with the oppressed

Will now descend so low into ethnic profiling at a prestigious institution like Harvard? How could a thinking human believe such?

They are exactly what Soyinka described them as: SLOWPOKES.
Seun this is for you.

I know you will ban me in the end but truth must be said AT ALL TIMES.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ekea2001: 12:32pm On May 06, 2015
That's how the pushed their choice of candidates to gullible minds-dollar for 1naira and chains of policies buhari neve voiced.I bet the Prof has not spoken.100pcnt sure.Journalists are so poor that the write every and anything to feed their bellies.we know una.Kagame's tight hold on his press has helped him outdo his contemporary African leaders.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by cobsol(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2015
I have searched all the Internet i cant find any Video, i have now written the school officially for a full video realize.

My Igbo brothers please becalm and lets get ready to appologies if its true he didnt say this.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by onyedika946(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2015
stabillo:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied describing Igbo as people who vote based on their stomach.

Some online media had quoted Soyinka as saying Igbo were politically naive while delivering a lecture titled ‘Predicting Nigeria, Electoral Ironies’ at Harvard University Hutchins Centre for African and African American Research in the United States.

He was quoted as saying “Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

However, Soyinka said in a statement on Thursday that it was unfortunate that people could tell lies against him.

The playwright described those peddling the rumour as morons who have ulterior motives.

He said his entire lecture delivered at Harvard University was recorded on video and anyone who was interested could access it on the Internet.

He said: "I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University, was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbecilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.” the statement read

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-blasts-online-media-denies-insulting-igbo/
when did soyinka becom a politican??
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by slap1(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2015
I've been following (studying) Soyinka's writings, and I found it difficult to associate the words of the initial specious publication to him.

This post is more Soyinkaesque. People should be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 06, 2015
Ishilove:

Yezzur, Daddy O. Retards, all...

Baba don't mind them. They have no respect and are ruled by primitive instincts. Awon mentally ill oshi.

Baba, when you confirm the authorship of this 'despicable concoction', kindly treat their fuckup with genteel savagery!! angry angry
did you try to take the thread down or is your job only to ban people on NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2015
isaacjohn82:

OH CHINWE ACHEBE MY MENTOR . U PASS DIS MAN BY FAR . RIP ACHEBE.
abeg who is CHINWE ACHEBE?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2015
tonychristopher:
what is wrong with these yorubas, the one you think that he is sensible will make a mockery of himself, they will say something and they will deny it after been confronted..,

Why do the yorubas hate igbo this much and other tribes

They said that they are sophisticated nobody complained, voted APC nobody complained, is it a bad thing to vote a different party. IGBO DO NOT HAVE HEARD AND FLOCK MENTALITY

I am sick and tired of Igbo this, Igbo that by yorubna

can we read something else

I am disapointed with wole, i wonder how he got the Bobel Prize with his Kongi or Conji book, writing children stories like lion and the Jewel

My yoruba friend please dont hate/hit me, I am just stating the facts

it can be disgusting

Oba
Doctor USA
the movie Gut =Gbolahan
FFK

all denied their statements when confronted, can you give igbo a break pls, what the hell is wrong with you dudes, or your elites?

I am sorry but this is sickening, I must say

Did you read the article at all? He said the event was recorded. You could have at least verified the facts first before going on a rampage.

There's too much hatred of Yorubas in you, else you wouldn't go berserk over this.

Even though you pretend to have Yoruba "friends," you are still an ethnic chauvinist. Your reflexes in this matter say a lot about you.

So much for "stating the facts!"

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Fiftynine(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2015
BLESSING IGBOS? I laugh in the face of his blessings. where did he get the blessing, to bless my peolpe? DID WE (IGBO) TOLD HIM THAT WE ARE COURSED AND NEEDED HIS BLESSING?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ezera(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2015
Wole Soyinka is a sick man.
Lets pray for him.

He suffers from a disease called Megalomania.

Check your dictionary folks.

He has never spoken well about the Igbos', so we must treat his lastest attack on the Igbo people as one of the examples of his tasteless peoms and plays.

A cultist has no moral background to preach.

Achebe>Wole Soyinka.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by StunnazJay(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2015
Ok, Prof. Wole Soyinka made the statement being credited to him. So?
Prof. Wole Soyinka did not make the statement being credited to him. So?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by deletrue: 12:43pm On May 06, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Do you even realise this same soyinka you abuse was imprisoned because he protested against the army murdering biafrans.... do you realise he said the speech has a video as evidence that he didnt say such? Hatred wont get you anywhere than against God.... Grow up nd reason..
Lie. I say you are not a fair person.
One thing you should know from now is that this country will no longer be the same again especially because of this recent election results. Note it from now that this country will become one of the most useless and a complete nuisance shortly. Every one is aware that there is nothing like one Nigeria. Who you won deceive as at today? I will particularly ensure at my capacity ensure that Buhari will face attacks every hours through this social medias. By God's grace my blog will be out.
Ok tell me if Dino had contested under GEJ/pdp, will he have won? If Alrufia had contested under GEJ and pdp, will you voted for him. If Nuhu had contested under apc will you not vote in his favour? Be informed that any persons who shake a coconut to see if there is water in it, will also remember his head will be shaking too.
You still talking about when the south south and others made mistakes that we are one. No way. We will tear this place together.
When Soyinka was protecting Biafrans, was this country like this? As at that time, people from other regions were also assuming we are one and were always taking it easy.
Also tell me from the election result, if Buhari was a cripple, will you have voted him out. Rubbish.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Ishilove: 12:44pm On May 06, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
did you try to take the thread down or is your job only to ban people on NL
Ask google

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 06, 2015
Am a a core Igbo and I never believed the previous thread for one day.... Know why? Wole Soyinka has always supported the Biafran cause! My respect is still with this Yoruba man till he death. One of the the few though!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Adekorya: 12:47pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

I wonder wot is running in ur vein

Do u av to attribute everything to tribalism?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 06, 2015
theV0ice:

The question is "what does Seun and the mods who are obviously Nigerians have to gain from instigating civil war?

How could adults with brains believe that Soyinka

Who went to jail because of his stance on Biafra

Who was at variance with the great Awo over Biafra

Who was chief negotiator for Niger Delta militants in their amnesty negotiations with the FG

Who has always being identified with the oppressed

Will now descend so low into ethnic profiling at a prestigious institution like Harvard? How could a thinking human believe such?

They are exactly what Soyinka described them as: SLOWPOKES.
I think you are among the SLOWPOKES!!! For some good reasons you can start by examining your self from hair to toe.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2015
adeekiti:
i read ur comment first before checking ur id and I wasn't surprise dat the comment was from an igbo brother grin
i am Igbo without APOLOGY sir... Wole SOYINKA is just playing the same game Oba of Lagos & that funny Doctor who lives in USA played.

They all speak before thinking. It is a pity.

Am a PROUD BIAFRAN...
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 06, 2015
Ishilove:

Ask google
why do you derive pleasure in passing the buck? Seun needs to sit up and take stock of the job his mods are doing unless we might end up screaming out our lungs for Change on NL

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by arsetalks(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2015
Ishilove:

Yezzur, Daddy O. Retards, all...

Baba don't mind them. They have no respect and are ruled by primitive instincts. Awon mentally ill oshi.

Baba, when you confirm the authorship of this 'despicable concoction', kindly treat their fuckup with genteel savagery!! angry angry
Mate to be honest, are you not one of the moderators on this forum responsible for the unverified rubbish that is often posted to the front page?

If you are not responsible for things pushed to the front page, what have you done to influence others on the new to verify stuffs first.

You and your boss are likely to ban me but does that make the truth a falsehood? NAH.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PStacks(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

Na only you go regret am, no worry.

After reading this article u still decided to comment thus, nawa ooo.. Na only you go regret.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Tinyemeka(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

I just read somewhere that he is denying this current denial and that whoever believed that he denied ever making the alleged offensive statement, must be an idiat. undecided
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by DrBulalaa(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2015
All the slowpokes in the house I hail una ooo
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PStacks(m): 12:54pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:

You type before you think, that's why you must always modify
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by samflex(m): 12:54pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

3 Coronavirus Cases Linked To Governor El-Rufa’s Staff In Kaduna / Uzodinma Denies Rejecting Edo Election Results, Not Heading To Court / Ramadan: Tinubu Distributes Sacks Of Rice And Sugar To 50,000 Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.