Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28955 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Remarkable: 1:18am On May 07, 2015
ooshinibos:

relax bruv ...the man just denied that he said anything about the ndigbos ....
please watch the video , Soyinka is too educated to utter such word please

Have you watched the video?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by naptu2: 3:01am On May 07, 2015
The newspaper that published the story has apologised.

https://www.nairaland.com/2298850/thecable-apologises-soyinka-over-igbo
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 6:55am On May 07, 2015
It's so stupid of someone to do such and laugh over the outcome
Remarkable:

That is eh? it beats me!

I read the first time it broke on NL and I did ask where in that particular OP it stated Igbos were greedy...

Unfortunately, dear Wole, it is your kinsmen that seem to be more preoccupied with Igbo presidency than Igbos themselves, and so I suspect those Yorubas that can't stop talking about Igbos...to be the ones that had no shame in printing such fallacy against you.

You defined them aptly though: cowards.

.. and morons of course. Desperate moddafuc-king morons.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by owobokiri(m): 7:09am On May 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:
God bless you sir.

Cocroach. You were running around with the initial story, hyperventilating, celeberating and salivating at the unbelievabe prospect of recruiting yet another "heavy weight" into your ballooning army of genocidal xenophobes. . , then a rebuttal from wole and you are all righteousness already. . , which of your tribal gods will bless him? That your sky diving god of hate!? Child of anger!!
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ooshinibos: 9:04am On May 07, 2015
Remarkable:

Have you watched the video?
Yes ...he just mentioned some people follow their stomach to vote ..he did not state a peculiar tribe , ..it could be any tribe ,
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ideykwum: 9:47am On May 07, 2015
There is a context, but not a justifiable context! The context he basked in was the hate and bitterness towards Igbos. It's not justifiable!

Zeus777:
now there is no such thing as context? Ok I hear u
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by redcliff: 10:33am On May 07, 2015
naijainfogalery:
i just knew it, Wole Soyinka wouldnt say such, the man that defended the igbos during the civil war, that is risked his life would now suddenly come out and say those words this is someone that did not publicly congratulate Buhari.

This is one reason why i hate Nigerian Journalist, they are as corrupt as our politicians. The annoying thing is that they wouldnt even apologise or verify any news

No. Its not the journalist. But the self acclaimed ones. I.e the bloggers. They have bastardized news and the profession or journalism
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 09, 2015
"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behaviour that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness"
.............Chinua Achebe.

Seriously, Igbo need to look inward and make conscious effort to correct the generally negative impression others in Nigeria have about them due directly or indirectly to the above observation by no less an Igboman than Prof. Chinua Achebe!

A situation where Igbo Elders (or any tribal leadership for that matter) called out the Igbo or its tribal membership to vote for a particular candidate is to be deprecated. Truth is, it is wrong and puts the tribe in question in a disadvantaged position (but for the magnanimity of the winner they derided) where they turn out to be backing the wrong horse! Folks should vote guided by their conscience and issues of good governance.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by isaacjohn82(m): 10:15am On May 14, 2015
Chigold101:
abeg who is CHINWE ACHEBE?

d writer of d book things fall apart.......... ... Chinua achebe.... google to knw more..
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2015
isaacjohn82:

d writer of d book things fall apart..........
... Chinua achebe.... google to knw more..
funny u... The question i asked is “who is CHINWE ACHEBE? And not Chinua Achebe. I know Chinua Achebe, i know his home town Ogidi.

So before u send me to google read what i wrote that quoted very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / We Won’t Tell Efcc To Arrest Jonathan – Osinbajo / Buhari Approved N640Bn Oil Contracts From His Sick Bed In London- Baru indicates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.