Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke (28950 Views)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Biafra: We Are Igbos – Says Asari Dokubo (see Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by PassingShot(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Because he did not say it

OK. You're pardoned! cool
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Emirofsambisa1: 12:03pm On May 06, 2015
nduchucks:
ngwanu, Prof. Soyinka, you did not say that Igbos voted based on their stomachs, but you sir, know fully well that Igbo people believed the news reports.

Sodiafor, you just called Igbos Slowpokes. Nna, this is just as bad as saying that our people vote with their stomachs. How I wish Achebe were around to deal with you, sir. embarassed

You are a He goat... Must you twist words just to satisfy your sense of tribal bigotry?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu

if you are stable... you would understand that he mentioned there is a video....

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by sukkot: 12:05pm On May 06, 2015
nduchucks:

ngwanu, both you and the Prof are Slowpokes for believing that the story is not believable. embarassed
cheesy
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
lolzzz... So if you something that someone said about you, u will go path the person‘ back.

I still do not think that that post was all lies. There must have been somethong that Soyinka said against the igbos in that place that trigered whoever that doctored the speech to go that far.

Remember that there is no smoke without fire.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ozoigbondu: 12:05pm On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

OK. You're pardoned! cool

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by kaboninc(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2015
obailala:

I carefully refused to comment on the other thread until I heard from the horses mouth. Definitely, a major lecture of that nature would be recorded on video and very soon, the videos would be out on Youtube. I never believed Prof Soyinka could have made such a needless statement in public; some individuals are just well above certain things.

It is really sad that some unscrupulous entities would just sit behind a desk and conjure inflammatory statements to disturb public peace and cause disaffection... and now someone would tell me it is wrong if such a website is closed or the publishers arrested?

Whose horse's mouth?

Having you seen today's daily? Or should I help you?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by esere826: 12:07pm On May 06, 2015
The Cable is quickly turning into Saharareporters, publishing unverified stories
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Dreambeat: 12:08pm On May 06, 2015
I was wondering how a well respected iconoclast would make such a silly statement.I guess everything Igbo draws traffic to their site hence they take every opportunity to write both truth and false stories about Igbos.It is high time government started clamping down on media organizations both online and offline who peddle false stories that have the potential of causing discord among ethnic groups and by extension insecurity in the country.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 06, 2015
Dear Lawd, this thread is crawling with morons! cry
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 06, 2015
deletrue:
Can any person tell us why we should not regret having this class of people as Nigerians? Damn to many yeye and nonentities around us. Ok slowpoke. Oya quickly, issue warrant of arrest so that we go believe you. He is just denying it because of high degree of blames and the kind of descriptions that followed this thread. All those woman wrapper yoruba indio.ts. I know him he talks before thinking like Obasanjo. It is just in their blood.

Do you even realise this same soyinka you abuse was imprisoned because he protested against the army murdering biafrans, do you realise these same yorubas kept your jobs nd properties safe thru the war nd returned your job positions nd houses to you after the war unlike in the north.... do you realise he said the speech has a video as evidence that he didnt say such? Hatred wont get you anywhere than against God....Reason like a human being with a rational mind...

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by docadams: 12:10pm On May 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
I'm his doctor. We are doing our best.
Hand him over if he is no longer amenable to your treatment. Anaesthesia is end of Medicine. There is always something here for everybody.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by tanimola22: 12:10pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, dis soyinka guy no deserve nobel price
Wetin d guy don write sef
Lion and d ....... I don forget d name
He's a shame, he shld go learn from d Achebe's
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

According to you, the Nobel community knew not what they were doing in 1986. Okay.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2015
adeekiti:
But why would someone sit in his/her house and carry fake news, mehn e no easy to be a celebrity o grin
there is atom of truth in every romour. There is no smoke without fire.

Soyinka has not told us all the truth.

He should publish his lecture note un edited online, let all of us read it.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by kelvyn7: 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
Jokay07:
I just checked the factual meaning and features of a ''slowpoke'' now, believe you me, Soyinka was right, you acted like one of those slowpokes Soyinka was refering to. grin grin

hahahahahaha grin grin

so u didnt know d meaning of "slowpoke" before now ? grin grin grin

guy u need to expand ur vocabs cheesy

u need to send appreciations to Wole for making u learn a new word grin

note dat i didnt bliv dat he said that, cos he is someone i respect so much

but what i am saying is dat, he shd not expect EVERYONE to doubt what ever is in the media. Then calling THOSE who ignorantly belivd "slowpoke" is not the best!! Thats what i think bro.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by vodkat: 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
Any body who believes any news on the Internet as 100% truth is fool

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by IYANGBALI: 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l knew he would deny it.They always deny it.Anyways time to modify some unsavoury comments l made in the other thread thanks to that ngeneukwuenu
you are a slowpoke just like Soyinka said. Were you at the event?why are you doubting him? Keeping hating what you can't achieve or change tongue
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by coolitempa(f): 12:14pm On May 06, 2015
I said it yesterday on that tread.....Igbos r emotional.....and cry babies....very easy to manipulate......and grin will fail in any fight.......the same reason Biafra failed.. grin...how can they have believed that a Soyinka will say such.. shocked Even before my Soyinka said anything......I said it was impossible for him to have said that...... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 06, 2015
Chigold101:

i read ur comment first before checking ur id and I wasn't surprise dat the comment was from an igbo brother grin
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by IYANGBALI: 12:15pm On May 06, 2015
Chigold101:

if you are not satisfied with what he said,the lagos lagoon is still flowing,you can jump into it,we are yet to start charging people for that

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ikombe: 12:16pm On May 06, 2015
aderonila18:
Igbo people come and listen o, you guys are so easy to manipulate. How can a Nobel price winner make such a speech in Harvard and you mumus will believe that's possible
your incumbent and elect generation na mumu. undecided

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by MrP7: 12:16pm On May 06, 2015
The journalist who wrote falsely against Soyinka must be brought to book
Journalist writing rubbish since 1800

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by isaacjohn82(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2015
stabillo:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has denied describing Igbo as people who vote based on their stomach.

Some online media had quoted Soyinka as saying Igbo were politically naive while delivering a lecture titled ‘Predicting Nigeria, Electoral Ironies’ at Harvard University Hutchins Centre for African and African American Research in the United States.

He was quoted as saying “Igbo remained unrepentant and resolute towards their strategic objective of secession at worst; or a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction at best.”

However, Soyinka said in a statement on Thursday that it was unfortunate that people could tell lies against him.

The playwright described those peddling the rumour as morons who have ulterior motives.

He said his entire lecture delivered at Harvard University was recorded on video and anyone who was interested could access it on the Internet.

He said: "I have just read a statement attributed to me on something called The Cable, a news outlet, evidently one of the Internet infestations. My lecture at the Hutchins Centre, Harvard University, was video recorded. Anyone who believes what I am alleged to have said must be a slowpoke – repeat, a slowpoke. It is demeaning, sickening and boring to have to deal with these cowards who cannot fight their own battles but must fasten their imbe
cilic pronouncements on others. Only the mentally retarded will credit this comment attributed to me regarding the Ndigbo voting pattern in the last elections. I strongly suspect the author of this despicable concoction, and may make a further statement, once the source is verified.”
the statement read

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-blasts-online-media-denies-insulting-igbo/

OH CHINWE ACHEBE MY MENTOR . U PASS DIS MAN BY FAR . RIP ACHEBE.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by opribo(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2015
It is not by big big grammar if Soyinka want to speak big grammer he should go and face Obahiagbon. What we are saying is that he should stop making stupid and unguarded statement and respect his old age or else he will be insulted.Hoha
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

What should he learn from the Achebe, the unrepentant bitter bigot and hate peddler that wrote a book admonishing and abusing every other tribe that isn't yibhoe.

Achebe of cursed memory died bitter because he never won the nobel prize.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by lolababe331e: 12:17pm On May 06, 2015
Igbo's are too emotional, very soon someone will write the Obama insulted the Igbos and some morons will believe
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by dammytosh: 12:17pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation

Have you taken your drugs ?
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by emmatok(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2015
[s]
ichidodo:
Lame accusations and conjectures.....But in the other thread,you were clapping for Soyinka.why are you now trying to make scape goats out of those against which Soyinko developed buccal diarhorea...bleeping Southwest coward hypocrite.
[/s]

HAHA, your plans to discredit WORD SMITH didn't work this time.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Chigold101(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Do you even realise this same soyinka you abuse was imprisoned because he protested against the army murdering biafrans.... do you realise he said the speech has a video as evidence that he didnt say such? Hatred wont get you anywhere than against God.... Grow up nd reason..
well talking about video evidence. Who did the recording? Has it been edithed? These are what we must ask ourselves. Another thing is, can there be smoke without fire.

What i know is that there must be some level of truth in tha write up
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by ikombe: 12:19pm On May 06, 2015
LordExecutioner:

What should he learn from the Achebe, the unrepentant bitter bigot and hate peddler that wrote a book admonishing and abusing every other tribe that isn't yibhoe.

Achebe of cursed memory died bitter because he never won the nobel prize.
pls respect a dead man , who is known all over the world.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 06, 2015
He said it but it was in a different context about massob and yibhoe elites.

That is the truth about yibhoes but he goofed by denying it outrightly.
Re: Soyinka Denies Blasting The Igbos, Says Whoever Believes He Did Is A slowpoke by emmatok(m): 12:21pm On May 06, 2015
lolababe331e:
Igbo's are too emotional, very soon someone will write the Obama insulted the Igbos and some morons will believe

They are usually the ones writing such comments to start unnecessary ethnic rivalry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Depart Oporoza Without Tompolo / 3 Coronavirus Cases Linked To Governor El-Rufa’s Staff In Kaduna / Pressure Mounts On Obama To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration In Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.