Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries (22888 Views)

Dino Melaye Laughing At The Failure Of Sowore Omoyele & His Sponsors (Photo) / "We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians / FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by appini: 8:48am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

So the state no go even try generate revenue, na just to de wait for allocations?

Don't mind them.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by jmoore(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2015
Some states should merge. No of workers should be reduced.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by missbehave247(m): 8:49am On May 07, 2015
No be lie only be say impeachment here and there they spoil things
valinda:
Enugu state dey Bleep up oooo
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Odaveboy(m): 8:49am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:

Very funny. How much is IGR compared to the wage bill? You must be kidding!

Btw, Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria. Many of you even criticized Lagos for collecting taxes to improve IGR. Ajimobi wanted to do same in Oyo state, everybody screamed.
..........r u saying OYO state is tax free?
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by loomer: 8:50am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:

Very funny. How much is IGR compared to the wage bill? You must be kidding!

Btw, Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria. Many of you even criticized Lagos for collecting taxes to improve IGR. Ajimobi wanted to do same in Oyo state, everybody screamed.

Bros, if u join their revenue and their allocations, no matter wat, u no fit de owe such amount of salaries.

Are the state legislators and executives being owed salaries?
Make we de see truth talk, else nothing go change for this country

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by XRAY21(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2015
Leave that imo thief. Stole money and his blaming FG . Him and benue state governor should be in prison. wicked souls
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Odaveboy(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
nooooo,na zambia i dey n u go soon relocate to sambisa
.....smiles
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Jorussia(m): 8:51am On May 07, 2015
FG can not exonerate it self from the inability of some govs in paying salaries. If the federal allocation of a state drops from 3.8b to 1.1b and its wage bill is 2.3b,how do you expect such a state to cope.For those of shouting IGR,you remember when dis states starts aggressive revenue drive,you guys will still b d first to start shouting double taxation or extortion. who caused d current drop in revenue from the federation account?I know that some of you will start giving d excuse of either fall in oil price/oil theft, whereas dis issue is not new to us a nation.Gej and his team ruined our economy and we should hold them responsible.

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by appini: 8:52am On May 07, 2015
Who get money to run out should quickly do so because this one go stay long.

Austerity measures in slow motion
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by UncleJudax(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

So the state no go even try generate revenue, na just to de wait for allocations?
That's very appalling. Some states ought to be categorised as LGAs.
This is one of the reasons people are yelling for true federalism and resource control.

4 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Lanretoye(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2015
Mumu finance ministry,so the cut in revenue wont come with its multiplier effect?. As an economist wey the minister be,she dey tell us say an economy's revenue will just drop by a whooping 50% all of a sudden without a pointer... Smh for the most useless administration of all time. SAI MAY 29!!!
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Realist2: 8:57am On May 07, 2015
noblezone:
CHANGE is here!

No more salary delays.
In fact salaries would be paid of upfront!

Dont mind Jonathan, he stopped Okorocha and Amechi from paying salaries!

GEJ also stopped me from pregnanting my wife. Tanx God for CHANGE oo.

4 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by loomer: 8:57am On May 07, 2015
UncleJudax:

That's very appalling. Some states ought to be categorised as LGAs.
This is one of the reasons people are yelling for true federalism and resource control.

And some people here on nairaland feel say na federal government responsibility to spoon feed those states.

3 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by OLUJAY4REAL: 8:57am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
mugu! the whole state revenue no be im federal govt dey come colet like armed robbers....

Sorry friend. Your submission has shown that you know next to nothing about what true federalism is supposed to look like.

4 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by WILSON(f): 8:57am On May 07, 2015
1stola:
Seriously, Almighty God will Punish any Governor who fails to pay their workers.
How can you owe a man with a wife and six children 13 months salary cry cry ROCHAS!!! THUNDER WILL FIRE YOU O angry
Others which includes
Aregbeshola
Ajimobi
Suswan
Jona Jang
Amuso and others,
God will punish all of you angry angry angry
This a country where legislators fail to implement 18,000 naira minimum wage for workers yet, they collect more than 20million naira per month.
GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF YOU WITH INOPERABLE CANCERS angry angry angry

YOU DEY FORGET AMAECHI. ROTIMI IS OWING 3 MONTHS IN RIVERS STATE. BUHARI NO GO ASKAM NOW O. YOUR FADA!!! GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF THEM. I DECREE CANCER OF THE BRAIN UPON THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES. MAY THEY BE CUT OFF AT THEIR TENDER AGES. THUNDER FIRE THEM MAMA AND THEM PAPA. HEARTLESS GREEDY FOOLS WHOSE WEALTH WILL SOON BE INHERITED BY STRANGERS!!! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by jony247(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by KanwuliaJara: 8:58am On May 07, 2015
Bussssshari!
More PROBE for you o! grin
You go probe taya ke die for h-insai 'TRIBUNALS'!

MuCHE!

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by KEVIND: 8:58am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
-but FG was responsible for not asking such state governors to give proper account of the allocations they were given right?
FG lack such powers

6 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by XRAY21(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
-but FG was responsible for not asking such state governors to give proper account of the allocations they were given right?
must u f00ls always blame someone else when u know the source of the problem?. It is ur likes that killed this country always praying bad for d government. What did u gain from GEJ faild government? F00l

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by luthorcorp: 8:59am On May 07, 2015
Odaveboy:
..........u don hear.....states IGR is meant for the state nd state alone......pls get ur facts rite
mr man u had better wake from ur slumber,federal govt collect evry single nickel n dime and then realocates their budgets to them,this is not great britain where london manages its affairs
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by olavictors(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2015
Segunod:
With 50% drop in fedral allocation, how do u expect states with lower IGR to survive? Am sure the 50% most of this states recieve is not even enough to pay salaries and equally embark on developmental projects. GEJ spent almost 3trilion on his re-election campaign. Do u knw how far this money would hav gone in developing this nation?

I am sure you gave gej the 3 trillion. that's why u are talking with this level of assurance.

4 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by XRAY21(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

leave that mumu

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by meforyou1(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
if i hear nyone mention 'state generate revenue"..is it not the revenue from the states the federal govt calls its own revenue or u didnt do govt in school ni...
na u no do govt for school. Do u know anything about the exclusive and concurrent list?

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by luthorcorp: 9:01am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

Which whole state revenue, u smoke bomb?

Na all money lagos de make federal government de collect?

Oga check ur facts well.
yes i smoke am and if i blow am enter dis ur brain e go stop to dey go reverse.....think say na everytin for news n book be true abi
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by loomer: 9:04am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
yes i smoke am and if i blow am enter dis ur brain e go stop to dey go reverse.....think say na everytin for news n book be true abi

Bros it's the truth, no where u go tell me say revenue from state is completely collected by the federal government

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by KEVIND: 9:04am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
FG lack such powers. FG cannot ask the state governors to give Account of their expenditure.

3 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by andass(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2015
how comes you have'nt paid youth copers. are thy nt under fg pay roll again?
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by nsyforreal: 9:05am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:
Ok. if a state's allocation is N2 Billion and its wage bill is N2.6 Billion, should they spend all on paying salaries?

so states can't generate revenue.so sad to read comments like this.our state govts are so lazy and always waiting for federal govt.the earlier they change or we ate heading to collapse.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by luthorcorp: 9:06am On May 07, 2015
OLUJAY4REAL:

Sorry friend. Your submission has shown that you know next to nothing about what true federalism is supposed to look like.
lolz ignorant @ its peak,oya skool me how a centralised system of govt suppose to look like,i guess its suppose to resemble a pvssy right......
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by loomer: 9:06am On May 07, 2015
XRAY21:
leave that mumu

The guy still no gree o
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Nobody: 9:07am On May 07, 2015
We are finished... I am officially scared that Nigeria cannot get better... Rats will no longer sound like rats and birds will no longer cry like birds.... #Musing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Is Silent Over Libya Slave Trade Cuz Those Sold Are Mostly Igbos - FFK / Falana To Malami: You Risk Being Removed As AGF If You Fail To Release Sowore / Sit-at-home Enforcers Working Against My Release, I’ll Never Forgive Them – Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.