Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries (22891 Views)

Dino Melaye Laughing At The Failure Of Sowore Omoyele & His Sponsors (Photo) / "We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians / FG Not Importing GM Rice, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by poiZon: 9:30am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
-but FG was responsible for not asking such state governors to give proper account of the allocations they were given right?

are we running an authoritarian govt where fg will be teleguiding the state govrs?
abi state govrs na fools dem be to knw oil price been don fall since n say naija dey hawk oil for alaba market looking for buyer.
may God give u a good sense of reasoning cos its like d one u bought from olx na fake.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by ziccoit: 9:31am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:
Ok. if a state's allocation is N2 Billion and its wage bill is N2.6 Billion, should they spend all on paying salaries?

I want to tell you that almost 50% of that constitute salary of political office holders in that state. I know of a LG where the salary of 20 political office holders is more than the total sum of the working force in that LG. It's as bad as that.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by poiZon: 9:34am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:
Ok. if a state's allocation is N2 Billion and its wage bill is N2.6 Billion, should they spend all on paying salaries?

if a graduate earns 50k a month n lives in a 3bedroom flat, import all him family members to come stay with am n have like 6 girlfriends, if he comes in d middle of d month n ask u for 100 thousand will u give him?

food for thought!

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by loomer: 9:34am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
*laugh* yea rite,well its obvious the major income of lagos is based on importation where ofcousr d NPA operates,so u then mean to say the revenue from NPA goes into the states acount right?? or rather the income from nnpc in delta state is 4 dem alone? *yawnz* i'll be rite back bro

Now u de talk, internally generated revenue abi na wetin una de call am, get how them de share am.

The money wey lasma de make shey na fed govt de collect am too?

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Lanretoye(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2015
Osakah24:
how do you justify 13 straight months without pay even if you are getting 50 percent?
There is actually no justification but not all states can emulate Lagos state,for years,Lagos survived without federal allocation...Some other states too have not paid for almost a year too,Osun state borrowed to pay for some months and is still owing about 6months now.it is not a news that the federal govt has failed.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by poiZon: 9:35am On May 07, 2015
eedriyz:
SMH! Give them their allocations and stop ranting nonsense here. Even Fayose is owing salaries

from which money, groundnut abi excess yam reserve?

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Pavarottii(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2015
When they said they should priotize their salaries, mayb they didn't understand the english, everyone supporting the governors and blaming the FG, has just been scammed by these Governors, the person that u r blaming is paying is own salary up till date.
Me I can't just be fooled, shebi they are 22 APC Governors, and May 29th is just around the corner, I will see who they will blame, if they can't pay their salaries.
Abeg GEJ go and rest abeg, u have tried for these ungrateful citizens of urs. I know AU and UN won't allow u rest, because they will be giving u different appointment. Go and Enjoy ur life, u have tried, 16years serving ur people no be beans.
Some know the truth, but tribalism has blinded them.
God bless the ministers for their performance in all sectors.
God bless GEJ.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by ige101(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
mugu! the whole state revenue no be im federal govt dey come colet like armed robbers....

And mumu idiots like u are the first to say trash when Niger delta ask for full resource control

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by poiZon: 9:39am On May 07, 2015
Segunod:
With 50% drop in fedral allocation, how do u expect states with lower IGR to survive? Am sure the 50% most of this states recieve is not even enough to pay salaries and equally embark on developmental projects. GEJ spent almost 3trilion on his re-election campaign. Do u knw how far this money would hav gone in developing this nation?

dem force them to recontest abi dem no sabi d meaning of RESIGN?
make dem resign make better people wey get brains on how to generate funds outside oyel money to occupy dat seat.

baba God please wreck the economy of naija so we can start afresh.
too many illiterate politicians in the country!

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by anonimi: 9:40am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
-but FG was responsible for not asking such state governors to give proper account of the allocations they were given right?
wat do u expect wen FG fail to tell them dat STEALING IS CORRUPTION....

Are you so dull
Or do you think this is a military regime of DICTATORSHIP?

Otherwise show us where our constitution requires the 36 state governors to render account os usage of their allocation to the federal government aka the president.
Thanks.

Meanwhile, you may wish to note:

Abacha did NOT steal.
~Buhari, 2008

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by chief2006(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:
They should have reduced the number of aids they have and cut down cost of governance.
..i won't even listen to a governor like Aregbesola who went about spending so much for Buhari's campaign when your people have not been paid their wage. The same goes for Suswam.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by emy77: 9:42am On May 07, 2015
Segunod:
With 50% drop in fedral allocation, how do u expect states with lower IGR to survive? Am sure the 50% most of this states recieve is not even enough to pay salaries and equally embark on developmental projects. GEJ spent almost 3trilion on his re-election campaign. Do u knw how far this money would hav gone in developing this nation?

Ignoramus! If you actually believe this, then you are a slowpoke! Do u hav any idea what 2 or even 3 trillion naira is?

Get some education, please

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by poiZon: 9:43am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

Which whole state revenue, u smoke bomb?

Na all money lagos de make federal government de collect?

Oga check ur facts well.

bros dont reply dat guy he just escaped from yaba mental home.
dont knw who showed him the roa d to nairaland.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by fashionale(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2015
I'm tired of this useless and backwardness Federal government led by Jonathan. Please JEG pack and go back to Otueke. Everything in Nigeria is always on a negative side since this you took over.

#weneedchange#
#positivechangewemustget#
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Jorussia(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2015
OLUJAY4REAL:

My friend, get fact: there is no state that should not be able to pay the workers' salaries even if the mothly allocations from the federation account is to be recon with. The problem is priority setting.Also, where are the IGRs? We are supposed to be practising federalism for goodness sake!
I quite agree with you that we suppose to be practising federalism, but our federalism is not okay. I know that most of our govs live very flamboyant lifestyles,but my point is, dis present inability to pay salaries have gone beyond their capacity.It is a state with a booming business/industries that can collect reasonable IGR.I support bail out, because, if we can spend trillions of naira to bail out banks, when the banks debtors were known people in d society, den for d sake of d workers in those state,bail out should be considered by the incoming fed govt,if they have d financial capacity to do so.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by lyntiffany(f): 9:55am On May 07, 2015
sinizia:
Everyone knows this.. Only fools will buy the cheap lies that Aregberascal and his thieving co-traveller, Rochas, are peddling, blaming FG for the uncountable cash they've looted out of the state treasury, thereby rendering the masses in their states, jobless and useless.

They claim to have no money, yet they were squandering the state's money during the election. Did that money wasted during the election come from the stars? Rochas and AregbeRascal are bad liars and heartless thieves!!
that makes me wonder if Sullivan chime governor of Enugu state who pays his workers and corp members their money as at when due steals the money.
A thief is always a thief irrespective of the post he handles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by cyberguy72(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
I sure say u take some roadside alcohol this morning

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by chigoizie7(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2015
luthorcorp:
*laugh* yea rite,well its obvious the major income of lagos is based on importation where ofcousr d NPA operates,so u then mean to say the revenue from NPA goes into the states acount right?? or rather the income from nnpc in delta state is 4 dem alone? *yawnz* i'll be rite back bro

Go back and check for the meaning of IGR and how it can be generated. how does Anambra,Enugu,Edo kogi,nassarawa ,platuea etc generate theirs?

Anambra get ports nor listed as an oil state,infact anambra has no FG presence,yet their IGR is among the highest in nigeria,Anambra state salary structure is better and bigger than that of imo,yet they are paying. Rivers IGR is bigger than that of anambra yet they can't pay,

One simple question for u is,who is fooling who?

What is rochas doing to IMOlites?

If u can't take care of recurrent expenditures,I wonder how capital expenditures will see the daylight.

Implications of rochas actions

*corruption will breed so high. (If u can't pay salaries,civil servants can't go hungry,they will resort to taking all forms of bribe so as to survive).

*in the absence of capital expenditures,no investor will enter that state for any reason.

*with ^^ there will be no employment for Imolites

*with ^^ crimes such as armed robbery,prostitution and kidnapping will be imo states watchword.

*with d decline in oil prices,imo will owe every tom dick and harry.(They were owing when the going was good,now that the going becomes tough,what will happen?) As their IGR portfolio is -0 raised to the power of negative infinity.

*** all these questions could only be answered if u are enlightened.

#ipityIMOstate

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by chigoizie7(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2015
Jorussia:
I quite agree with you that we suppose to be practising federalism, but our federalism is not okay. I know that most of our govs live very flamboyant lifestyles,but my point is, dis present inability to pay salaries have gone beyond their capacity.It is a state with a booming business/industries that can collect reasonable IGR.I support bail out, because, if we can spend trillions of naira to bail out banks, when the banks debtors were known people in d society, den for d sake of d workers in those state,bail out should be considered by the incoming fed govt,if they have d financial capacity to do so.

If u start bailing out states, their lackardiasical attitude will be maximized( eg, let us fold our arms,"after all we will soon be bailed out" will be their watchword)
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Xtfield(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2015
fyneguy:
Non viable states should be sold to viable ones. QED.

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by lyntiffany(f): 10:01am On May 07, 2015
valinda:
Enugu state dey Bleep up oooo
bleep up for where? my brother you can lie. That man pays his worker's upfront , the highest delay in payment of salary since he assumed seat was witnessed last year December.
Don't paint the man black cos you just want to comment.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Jorussia(m): 10:04am On May 07, 2015
thefakestan:

Shutt the Ffuck UP!!! You are a Baastard!!
I don't usually insult people on NL but people like you that vomit stupidity from your anus called mouth need to be trashed!!!

For the record how will u blame FG for the fall in revenue? Is GEJ like the #Dauradullard that will stabilise crude oil prices?

Where the ffcuk were u when the Head of Governor's forum was shouting that money shouldn't be saved, and gave an analogy of a child in the hospital?

If the state keeps employing dead weight? The FG should pay?

Is the FG owing salaries?

In Oshomole's VOICE "GO and DIE" you fuUckstard.
Your skill is best used as slipperss!!!
I don't just know what is your problem, because I neither mentioned you nor rain insults on any one in my post,to warrant this insults from you.I don't why a kid like you,will Want to die GEJ's matter,when he is busy enjoying himself in ASO ROCK. Don't cry more than d bereaved my son,because you just started life.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by loomer: 10:06am On May 07, 2015
poiZon:

bros dont reply dat guy he just escaped from yaba mental home.
dont knw who showed him the roa d to nairaland.

Lol, maybe him just de derive fun in saying all that, cos I no fit imagine say person no know say state govt get right for its revenue

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by lyntiffany(f): 10:13am On May 07, 2015
OKKO:
ENUGU state pays at 25th of every month, has much more physical projects ongoing and completed with lesser allocation than IMO state; but Rochas is blaming FG.
Shame to APC
NIgeria is scammed

My worries is that this people can lie to gullible Nigerians and deceive them alot: several months later (when GMB has been sworn in) they will still be claiming that the debt GEJ left behind is their predicament and people will still hail them.
thank you bro for this confirmation, yet somebody on this thread is trying to paint him black.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by mbulela: 10:16am On May 07, 2015
Nigeria reminds me of Greece.
Bloated civil service at every level.
You find three messengers pushing files within the same floor.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by dayodare49o: 10:17am On May 07, 2015
sinizia:
Everyone knows this.. Only fools will buy the cheap lies that Aregberascal and his thieving co-traveller, Rochas, are peddling, blaming FG for the uncountable cash they've looted out of the state treasury, thereby rendering the masses in their states, jobless and useless.

They claim to have no money, yet they were squandering the state's money during the election. Did that money wasted during the election come from the stars? Rochas and AregbeRascal are bad liars and heartless thieves!!
Are they mad? are they not eating?
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by mbulela: 10:18am On May 07, 2015
Amaechi has not paid most workers March and April salaries.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by Jorussia(m): 10:18am On May 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

If u start bailing out states, their lackardiasical attitude will be maximized( eg, let us fold our arms,"after all we will soon be bailed out" will be their watchword)
we are on d same page on dis matter brother.I totally agree that if they had cut their coat according to their cloth, they wouldn't b in dis present mess.like my state EDO,d gov have paid the one of April,its some LGAS that owing salaries. What do you think is way forward, for states like Benue,Osun,kogi,plateau?
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by luthorcorp: 10:20am On May 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

Go back and check for the meaning of IGR and how it can be generated. how does Anambra,Enugu,Edo kogi,nassarawa ,platuea etc generate theirs?

Anambra get ports nor listed as an oil state,infact anambra has no FG presence,yet their IGR is among the highest in nigeria,Anambra state salary structure is better and bigger than that of imo,yet they are paying. Rivers IGR is bigger than that of anambra yet they can't pay,

One simple question for u is,who is fooling who?

What is rochas doing to IMOlites?

If u can't take care of recurrent expenditures,I wonder how capital expenditures will see the daylight.

Implications of rochas actions

*corruption will breed so high. (If u can't pay salaries,civil servants can't go hungry,they will resort to taking all forms of bribe so as to survive).

*in the absence of capital expenditures,no investor will enter that state for any reason.

*with ^^ there will be no employment for Imolites

*with ^^ crimes such as armed robbery,prostitution and kidnapping will be imo states watchword.

*with d decline in oil prices,imo will owe every tom dick and harry.(They were owing when the going was good,now that the going becomes tough,what will happen?) As their IGR portfolio is -0 raised to the power of negative infinity.

*** all these questions could only be answered if u are enlightened.

#ipityIMOstate
hmmm quite enlightening wot u jst dug up about those easten states but i hope u r aware that these revenues comes from tax generated from the bussiness bodies there n hence u know anambra is one of a kind wen it comes 2 spare parts biz n stuffs but u still failed 2 address d issues @ hand that the IGwhatever goes back 2 d federation...a state not frequenting on its labour force salaries has to ddo with the states affairs in as long as the budget is being disbursed but most times the govt priotize on wot comes first n offcoures their own cut of the cake...but u have 2 awware that most times its always the federal govt fault...u mite wanna go back to the tinubu era of lagos state where other states got their own budget in full but the oppossing party's state was being dening theirs,then u come to realize that the govt policies can be very trickish.....well ts gud 2 knw d incoming president is apc,so the conflict mite not be much this time
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by nortcentrallord(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2015
Jossyroyal1:

Your comments just portrays ignorance. This is democracy. There is separation of powers and there is a limit to power too. The federal government can't dictate to the state government. Even the checks and balance is a fraud because they are of the state's and mostly appointed by the governors or they benefit from the governors looting. Get some knowledge on how true democracy works. Even buhari has started understanding things now hence the multiple excuse everyday. From the time of Yaradua till now, no state government has been lawfully or unlawfully denied of their monthly allocation so why have they refused to pay? We want change abi? we have changed the federal govt who hasn't been owing the state government yet we haven't changed the state government that is the cause of poverty in the land. If every worker is payed their salary @ month end, people will plan their lives, there will be circulation of money. Just like the FG said, if the governors had prioritize payment of staff salaries then we won't be here. They didn't pay salary and they didn't develop so where is the money? What did the governors do with the excess crude oil fund that was disbursed for development? They looted it and are even owing. That's pathetic. I hope buhari probes all the past governors of the 36 states because that is where the cause of poverty lies but I wonder how he will achieve that since this is democracy and there is separation of power and a limit to power not a military junta.
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by esonuu(m): 10:27am On May 07, 2015
loomer:

Which whole state revenue, u smoke bomb?

Na all money lagos de make federal government de collect?

Oga check ur facts well.
dnt mind them,state govts doesnt give account of how much they generate internally or how it was spent,the governor can even pocket it and nobody wil ask him why..i once worked wit a consulting firm dat handled IGR matas in imo btw 2008-2012,same consultant is incharge of lagos IGR..imo then makes over 500million monthly,lagos makes ova 5billion monthly,the govt spends it how and on what they like and FG givs no damn about it
Re: FG Not Responsible For Failure Of States To Pay Salaries by codedguy1(m): 10:31am On May 07, 2015
fashionale:
I'm tired of this useless and backwardness Federal government led by Jonathan. Please JEG pack and go back to Otueke. Everything in Nigeria is always on a negative side since this you took over.

#weneedchange#
#positivechangewemustget#

You must be very naïve to think that GEJ is the problem and that once he leaves we will return to paradise. GEJ only made a bad situation worse by complicating issues in his govt when he allowed impunity.

Gej never knew his left from his right and was never prepared for leadership.
His govt going only brings a sense of relief to the nation that a spineless man who could not even control his wife is leaving our supposedly exalted office.

If a state was receiving 2B monthly from allocation received from the sale of crude and the the price drops and reduces the allocation to that state the issue is then beyond GEJ or the fed govt because the revenue that is shared has reduced, every state's allocation is reduced. The question is when the going was good and when they were receiving their dues as at when due and regularly, how many of them thought of improving their IGR by whatever means necessary within the constitution that we operate. This brings me to the constitution.

The present constitution and structure we operate makes it rather difficult for us to move forward as a nation. Am suure if we practiced true federalism most states will generate far more than the allocation they get from the FG every month, but our shortsightedness and greed of those in power will not let them see this.

if we took stock of what each state can potentially generate if left alone, we will find out about only 4-5 states may not be able to survive and as a nation we can assist those states.

They can't pay salaries, I laff in cantonese. Buhari will stabilise oil prices and it would be uhuru for all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arrested Sepribo Bobmanuel Finally Released (Photos) / EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark / Zamfara Bandits Leader, Halilu Speaks On Ravaging Insecurity Make Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.