Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,660 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland (10044 Views)

Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by remsonik(f): 12:35pm On May 08, 2015
A lot of threads has graced front page justifying conditions in which men can beat their wives. Anyways woman stop provoking your man to beat you after all they all say it's your fault. Take some training in martial arts and if worse comes to the worse squeeze em balls. Don't bring out the beast in him and don't let him kill you. Defend yourself!
Get busy and work hard. A busy woman won't have time for domestic squabbles

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by jbl007(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2015
Heeee...u dey vex ooo

Squeeze em balls? #na cheese?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 12:56pm On May 08, 2015
Links to such threads pls.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Makamuanwuo(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2015
for now,i dnt have a girlfriend talkless of wife but any wey tryam go know say khaki no b leather.

b4 she try it,make she dig her grave first
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 1:12pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:
Links to such threads pls.
You don't know the breads again? grin

How about the one of nairalife who you were praising to be the real man for beating up his wife and sending her out in the rain.

Yimu undecided

10 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by klark3: 1:21pm On May 08, 2015
What message are u trying to pass across?

No one has ever justified beating a woman on this forum without cogent reasons. They always buttress their points with valid reasons. It's a well know fact today that considerable number of women in dis present generation of gender equality are rude, arrogant, uncouth, abrasive & disrespectful, If every woman respects herself, I believe no sane man will beat her...

But when she does something wrong, she should be chastise. What ladies are agitating for is absolutely wrong, while will a woman misbehave, & be commended for it, she should be penalise, & if her offence warrants corporal punishment, I see nothing wrong in correcting her through beating, it's part of discipline....

6 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 1:22pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:

You don't know the breads again? grin

How about the one of nairalife who you were praising to be the real man for beating up his wife and sending her out in the rain.

Yimu undecided
Links to threads justifying conditions for men to beat thier wives pls.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 1:24pm On May 08, 2015
A woman goes to the doctor, beaten Black and Blue.

Doctor: "What happened?"

Woman: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every time my husband comes home drunk he beats me to a pulp."

Doctor: "I have a real good medicine for that. When your husband comes home drunk, just take a glass of sweet tea and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don't swallow until he goes to bed and is asleep."

Two weeks later the woman comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.

Woman: "Doctor, that was a brilliant idea! Every time my husband came home drunk, I swished with sweet tea. I swished and swished, and he didn't touch me!"

Doctor: "You see how much keeping your mouth shut helps?"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Woman: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every time my husband comes home drunk he beats me to a pulp."

Doctor: "I have a real good medicine for that. When your husband comes home drunk, just take a glass of sweet tea and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don't swallow until he goes to bed and is asleep."

Woman: "Doctor, that was a brilliant idea! Every time my husband came home drunk, I swished with sweet tea. I swished and swished, and he didn't touch me!"

What happens when it is the husband that is abusive?

7 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On May 08, 2015
@OP:

The law of self preservation in inherent in everyone.

When the beating is too much for them to handle, they know what to do about it.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by ApexTitan(m): 2:56pm On May 08, 2015
remsonik:
A lot of threads has graced front page justifying conditions in which men can beat their wives. Anyways woman stop provoking your man to beat you after all they all say it's your fault. Take some training in martial arts and if worse comes to the worse squeeze em balls. Don't bring out the beast in him and don't let him kill you. Defend yourself!
Get busy and work hard. A busy woman won't have time for domestic squabbles

So after instigating violence the women should get martial arts training too? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 08, 2015
Lord

I'm Flabbergasted. It seems most men in Nigeria see nothing wrong with beating their wives/ girlfriends. It really is mind boggling. It seems it not a shameful thing anymore (if it ever was).

If is ok for you to beat your wife if she 'misbehaves' who beats you when you'misbehave'. Say she catches you cheating can she call area boys to beat you? That is misbehaviour after all.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by lilmax(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2015
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Women should control their mouths in order not to get hit

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 08, 2015
I pity some women.

8 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 08, 2015
Someone has just the beating of their life, I suspect. Sorry ehn? By the way, it is legal for a man in Nigeria to beat his wife. If a wife beats/fights her husband she's in soup. She'll spend years in prison for foolishness. grin

Nigerian women, respect yourselves. Jail is no picnic. grin

6 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 7:42pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yea right, like it's okay for a grown a$$ man to come home everyday drunk, na wa for una o.

I don't know what you people take women for. This post of yours is basically asking women to take whatever rubbish thrown at them to avoid beating, smh.

18 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by lavatoz(f): 7:51pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yet they would say there are no comments in nairaland justifying wife beating. Well here is a link to one

7 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea right, like it's okay for a grown a$$ man to come home everyday drunk, na wa for una o.

I don't know what you people take women for. This post of yours is basically asking women to take whatever rubbish thrown at them to avoid beating, smh.
Lol, that's why his moniker is, "I must exhibit the five minutes madness".

6 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 7:54pm On May 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

If only the madness lasts 5 minutes.grin

5 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 8:06pm On May 08, 2015
How about they get a doctor to help the man with his drinking?
You know "AA programs", "help for addicts" kind of things?

The solution can't be for the wife to keep quiet and watch her husband drink his liver away. Believe it or not her talking is because she cares about him. Besides drunk people mess up the house when they drink; sometimes throwing up and throwing things. She's supposed to keep quiet and clean up all that mess everyday?

This analogy(should I call it that) is as lame as they come. The person wey think am no think am well. grin
It just goes further to buttress the point that no matter what a man is doing wrong, people like you will prescribe the wife to shut up and act like she doesn't feel it even if it kills her. If she does talk and he waxes violent, it is her fault. Sigh.

Now think of another story that will help your stance. This one removed points from your argument.

5minsmadness:

8 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by francizy(m): 8:07pm On May 08, 2015
Girls sometimes you have some blame too. Some of you know men who smokes and take alcohol like water but you still get married to them..

Sometimes some ladies know their men hit them but they still decide to marry him thinking he will change with time. If it was easy for someone to change, then I bet OBJ would have become a pastor/born again after Abacha jailed him, rather he became worse.

Some of you complain a lot too. As in nagging plenty for una blood pass red blood cells.

With all these said, nothing justifies a man hitting a woman unless the woman foolishly hits the man first during an argument.

That brings me to another point. Some girls/ladies don't know how to control their hands. When they meet a man who they feel is gentle and don't hit women, they make it their duty to use slaps to communicate to the man whenever they are angry.

remsonik, freecocoa,

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:14pm On May 08, 2015
francizy:
Girls sometimes you have some blame too. Some of you know men who smokes and take alcohol like water but you still get married to them..

Sometimes some ladies know their men hit them but they still decide to marry him thinking he will change with time. If it was easy for someone to change, then I bet OBJ would have become a pastor/born again after Abacha jailed him, rather he became worse.

Some of you complain a lot too. As in nagging plenty for una blood pass red blood cells.

With all these said, nothing justifies a man hitting a woman unless the woman foolishly hits the man first during an argument.

That brings me to another point. Some girls/ladies don't know how to control their hands. When they meet a man who they feel is gentle and don't hit women, they make it their duty to use slaps to communicate to the man whenever they are angry.

remsonik, freecocoa,
Going by your theory then, what do you say about the men, who knew the women talk a lot and still marry them?

8 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by francizy(m): 8:20pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Going by your theory then, what do you say about the men, who knew the women talk a lot and still marry them?

Some of them can pretend for Africa oh.. They are holy than thou before wedding but show their true color immediately after wedding.. cry

To the point that the man would be wondering, is this the same babe I dated for years.. cry undecided

Modified

That's why I love women that are always true to themselves and others and not hypocrites that go about insulting others on NL that they are whôres just because they say openly what they do behind closed doors..

I prefer getting married to a woman that I know has slept with different men and owned up than the one who clames she only dated one man and then calls other women who dated more men than her whôres..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:23pm On May 08, 2015
francizy:

Some of them can pretend for Africa oh.. They are holy than thou before wedding but show their true color immediately after wedding.. cry

To the point that the man would be wondering, is this the same babe I dated for years..
I didn't know that pretence is gender specific, abegi, there's no way around it.

A man shouldn't hit a woman, just like a woman shouldn't hit a man, physical abuse is not justification for verbal abuse.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by francizy(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
I didn't know that presence is gender specific, abegi, there's no way around it.

A man shouldn't hit a woman, just like a woman shouldn't hit a man, verbal abuse is not justification for physical abuse.

I ain't justifying abuse but I still maintain that women be more careful when choosing their life partners. Some of them can make excellent CEOs and HR managers but can't even choose a good husband for themselves..

If that man gets drunk, even if it's once in 3 months, don't marry
If that man has ever hit you before, even if it's once since all the years you dated him, don't marry him.
If that your dream man smokes weed, then run for your life.

Why can't women do that? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:44pm On May 08, 2015
francizy:

I ain't justifying abuse but I still maintain that women be more careful when choosing their life partners. Some of them can make excellent CEOs and HR managers but can't even choose a good husband for themselves..

If that man gets drunk, even if it's once in 3 months, don't marry
If that man has ever hit you before, even if it's once since all the years you dated him, don't marry him.
If that your dream man smokes weed, then run for your life.

Why can't women do that? undecided
It's not a one size fits all thing my dear.

And you should stop putting it all on women.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by francizy(m): 8:47pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:
It's not a one size fits all thing my dear.

And you should stop putting it all on women.

Ba masallah! smiley
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:30pm On May 08, 2015
freecocoa:

It was a joke.
Don't have high Bp over nothing.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:32pm On May 08, 2015
lavatoz:

Yet they would say there are no comments in nairaland justifying wife beating. Well here is a link to one
tongue

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:34pm On May 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

No dumbass, my moniker is "5minsmadness". Whatever you want to decipher from that is up to you grin

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 9:41pm On May 08, 2015
cococandy:
How about they get a doctor to help the man with his drinking?
You know "AA programs", "help for addicts" kind of things?

The solution can't be for the wife to keep quiet and watch her husband drink his liver away. Believe it or not her talking is because she cares about him. Besides drunk people mess up the house when they drink; sometimes throwing up and throwing things. She's supposed to keep quiet and clean up all that mess everyday?

This analogy(should I call it that) is as lame as they come. The person wey think am no think am well. grin
It just goes further to buttress the point that no matter what a man is doing wrong, people like you will prescribe the wife to shut up and act like she doesn't feel it even if it kills her. If she does talk and he waxes violent, it is her fault. Sigh.

Now think of another story that will help your stance. This one removed points from your argument.

You analysed a joke thinking it was an "argument"?
Seriously? grin

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 9:43pm On May 08, 2015
5minsmadness:

It was a joke.
Don't have high Bp over nothing.
A rather insensitive and stup1d one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Animals That Have Gone Extinct In Our Lifetime / WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. / Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.