Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,295 members, 7,822,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland (10118 Views)

Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 12:31pm On May 09, 2015
chibic:
if you do bad all the time and your man doesn't punish you for that, how will you feel about him? Will you believe that he loves you? As far as I do not like beating a woman, I also hate the fact that women loves to abuse people verbally. I know for a fact that women hates to be at the receiving end of a verbal abuse. Infact, a verbal abuse can leave an everlasting scar on a woman's soul. Now, imagine your husband calling you a wh.ore, telling you that you look ugly or reminding you of your dirty past. Isn't it as painful as physical abuse? Or your husband giving you the silent treatment for weaks just because of what you said to him. Won't you still call him childish. Any form of abuse is bad and women should stop thinking that they can throw verbal abuses and go free. As for me, any abuse from my women will meet a response more painful than physical abuse.
Mehn women don suffer o, imagine "if you do bad all the time and your man doesn't punish you for that, how will you feel about him, will you believe that he loves you" like for real?

Hmm, you people need serious re-orientation o and a psychiatrist too.

5 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:
Mehn women don suffer o, imagine "if you do bad all the time and your man doesn't punish you for that, how will you feel about him, will you believe that he loves you" like for real?

Seconded
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 12:44pm On May 09, 2015
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by chibic(m): 12:45pm On May 09, 2015
freecocoa:

please do not wish me that, @psychiatrist, freecoacoa.

I said that because women tend to believe that a man doesn't love them if he doesn't get hurt whenever they misbehaves. Its really sad.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 12:50pm On May 09, 2015
chibic:

I said that because women tend to believe that a man doesn't love them if he doesn't get hurt whenever they misbehaves. Its really sad.
Don't mind them. I was going to ask something but there is no need cos they won't answer truthfully.

Ladies pls feel free to verbally abuse the men as much as you want. It's your right and not your fault. Do whatever you want to do to your man because it can never be your fault if the man retaliates. If he is silent he is childish, if he shouts back he is being emotionally abusive, if he strikes back he is a monster.

No wonder women are the weaker of the species. They don't take responsibility for anything.

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 12:52pm On May 09, 2015
chibic:

I'm not wishing you any evil, it's actually a very good idea you see one given your line of thought.

It's very ignorant to generalize and then you talk about women with no respect, how can you say"whenever they misbehave" do you even know how that sounds?

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 09, 2015
lilmax:
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Women should control their mouths in order not to get hit

And someone was looking for a link of an example
Here

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 09, 2015
Batterers, like rapeests and robbers and all criminals choose their victims well
They know the women that will take it
They know those they can threaten and beat and they remain with them and even beg them sef
They know those whose parents and relatives they can even call to report her bad behavior leading him to abuse her and they come down on the girl and advise her to behave and stop annoying her husband
They know those whose parents will want to make peace after he has pummeled their daughter
They know the ones that the hellish marriage means the world to
Just like pickpockets pick their victims carefully
Batterers choose their victims very well too,there are people they wouldn't dare lay a finger on and they totally avoid those

Don't be a victim

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by lilmax(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2015
babyosisi:

And someone was looking for a link of an example
Here

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Ihuomadinihu: 2:17pm On May 09, 2015
babyosisi:
Batterers choose their victims well
They know the women that will take it
They know those they can threaten and beat and they remain with them and even beg them sef
They know those whose parents and relatives they can even call to report her bad behavior leading him to abuse her and they come down on the girl and advise her to behave and stop annoying her husband
They know those whose parents will want to make peace after he has pummeled their daughter
They know the ones that the hellish marriage means the world to
Just like pickpockets pick their victims carefully
Batterers choose their victims very well too,there are people they wouldn't dare lay a finger in and they totally avoid those

Don't be a victim
The only time a man will batter a woman is when she has no selfworth and has nobody to speak for and protect her.

8 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bukatyne(f): 2:17pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Don't mind them. I was going to ask something but there is no need cos they won't answer truthfully.

Ladies pls feel free to verbally abuse the men as much as you want. It's your right and not your fault. Do whatever you want to do to your man because it can never be your fault if the man retaliates. If he is silent he is childish, if he shouts back he is being emotionally abusive, if he strikes back he is a monster.

No wonder women are the weaker of the species. They don't take responsibility for anything.

You never answered my question posed to you:

We hear you that verbal abuse should be met with physical abuse...

What happens when the man is verbally abusive (or will you claim that men do not verbally abuse?)

FYI: Women are not the weaker of the species; they are weaker vessels. Vessels in KJV of the Bible means earthly bodies. Women are weaker physically than men.

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

The only time a man will batter a woman is when she has no selfworth and has nobody to speak for and protect her.

That is true
That's why I said they choose their victims well

3 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 09, 2015
bukatyne:

What happens when the man is verbally abusive (or will you claim that men do not verbally abuse?)

FYI: Women are not the weaker of the species; they are weaker vessels. Vessels in KJV of the Bible means earthly bodies. Women are weaker physically than men.

And I assure you it is impossible to be a physical abuser without being a verbal abuser
Look at the people supporting it,aren't they the most verbally abusive men on the forum?
The two things go hand in hand
What they call running mouth is when the woman speaks
As long as he is speaking,it is not running mouth
She is not expected to respond

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 2:31pm On May 09, 2015
bukatyne:

Didn't see the post o.

We all know women are more verbal than men, so verbal abuse is mainly the domain of females.

However yes there are men that are blessed with the gift of gab and can give as good as they get. Such men are few and far between and I wish them luck in thier verbal tussle with their wives.

As per your last paragraph, that point should be left for another day cos I know that men are physically, physiologically and emotionally different from women.

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 09, 2015
Not only do batterers choose their victims well,often times when they find a difficult victim they start by first breaking her down emotionally and eroding her self esteem ,
And when they have gotten her to a comfortable level, it heightens till she is reduced to dirt level emotionally

Ladies should open their eyes and sniff out these men at the very initial level and avoid them .Their body language and the way they treat people around them should give them away

6 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Didn't see the post o.

We all know women are more verbal than men, so verbal abuse is mainly the domain of females.

However yes there are men that are blessed with the gift of gab and can give as good as they get. Such men are few and far between and I wish them luck in thier verbal tussle with their wives.

As per your last paragraph, that point should be left for another day cos I know that men are physically, physiologically and emotionally different from women.

Is difference and weakness same? Was not even going to that argument; I was telling you the correct thing in the Bible.

You have still not answered my question and it is fallacy to think women are more verbally abusive.

What should the wife of an abusive man do? Beat him?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Didn't see the post o.

A big FALSE at the bolded. Fa fa fa fooooulll! Look at nairaland for instance. You wanna tell me these men around here are not verbally abusive? Men having so much time in the hands trading words with women all day and believing thats how to put dwn a woman, a.k.a put her in her place? You dnt see men jumping at comments and trading insults verbally abusive? so you dnt read stories in this section from women complaining of how their husbands put them down with words. Even a man whom you were praising earlier in a thread did the exact same thing to his wife when she did nothing to him. most men who are abusive start out verbal before graduating to the physical. Please, its soooo easy for peeps to come here and point fingers at women when it comes to the mouth forgeting that males are just the same.

4 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On May 09, 2015
babyosisi:

And I assure you it is impossible to be a physical abuser without being a verbal abuser
Look at the people supporting it,aren't they the most verbally abusive men on the forum?

It is here I read women are more verbally abusive...

If it is said women generally talk more, I would agree...

The men here are writtenly abusive So it doesn't count. We don't hear anyone's voice abi?

3 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 2:57pm On May 09, 2015
bukatyne:

Is difference and weakness same? Was not even going to that argument; I was telling you the correct thing in the Bible.

You have still not answered my question and it is fallacy to think women are more verbally abusive.

What should the wife of an abusive man do? Beat him?

Pls ask your question again, maybe I didn't understand it well.

The wife of a verbally abusive man you mean? If we are to go by you ladies' opinion then she should learn to be abusive as well grin

What is making the hypothetical man verbally abusive if I may ask?

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 09, 2015
babyosisi:

Exactly. The common belief is that when a man speaks, the woman should say nothing but agree. If she tries to counter, she isnt wife material. If she defends herself, she is verbally abusive. Therefore men are allowed to run their mouth and that isnt verbal abuse to them. but when a woman does so, a crime has been committed. Ive noticed this in nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 3:02pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

A big FALSE at the bolded. Fa fa fa fooooulll! Look at nairaland for instance. You wanna tell me these men around here are not verbally abusive? Men having so much time in the hands trading words with women all day and believing thats how to put dwn a woman, a.k.a put her in her place? You dnt see men jumping at comments and trading insults verbally abusive? so you dnt read stories in this section from women complaining of how their husbands put them down with words. Even a man whom you were praising earlier in a thread did the exact same thing to his wife when she did nothing to him. most men who are abusive start out verbal before graduating to the physical. Please, its soooo easy for peeps to come here and point fingers at women when it comes to the mouth forgeting that males are just the same.
Sophyrocks calm down smiley
My first irrational insult on this forum was from a woman. Same as my second and third. I used to ignore and even do so most times till this day but it has been my observation that if you want to pass your point across on this forum, you have to give as good as you get. smiley
It's just that some of the guys here can't physically reach across to some ladies if not some brain-resetting slaps would have been traded since. grin

As it is they have no choice but to respond verbally.
Battery low.

3 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Sophyrocks calm down smiley
My first irrational insult on this forum was from a woman. Same as my second and third. I used to ignore and even do so most times till this day but it has been my observation that if you want to pass your point across on this forum, you have to give as good as you get. smiley
It's just that some of the guys here can't physically reach across to some ladies if not some brain-resetting slaps would have been traded since. grin

As it is they have no choice but to respond verbally.
Battery low.

Cool. I have also been attacked by male folks myself in this forum for no just cause. Just admit it. Men are equally verbally abusive as women can be. If we keep using verbal abuse as an excuse for physical, then men are not left out. That means we all should go beating up anyone that runs his/her mouth, men inclusive. Or do you think women enjoy it when you men run your mouth?
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Ladies pls feel free to verbally abuse the men as much as you want. It's your right and not your fault. Do whatever you want to do to your man because it can never be your fault if the man retaliates. If he is silent he is childish, if he shouts back he is being emotionally abusive, if he strikes back he is a monster

This is your post innit?

What should a wife do when her husband is verbally abusive?

You are asking What makes a husband verbally abusive? Strange. Anyways same thing that made the wife So.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 3:42pm On May 09, 2015
bukatyne:

This is your post innit?

What should a wife do when her husband is verbally abusive?

You are asking What makes a husband verbally abusive? Strange. Anyways same thing that made the wife So.

bolded was sarcasm.

i would like to know what makes our hypothetical man verbally abusive then i can answer adequately.
thanks.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by SAMBARRY: 3:44pm On May 09, 2015
I do not support any form of abuse be it emotional physical verbal or psychological make no mistake about that
chibic:
if you do bad all the time and your man doesn't punish you for that, how will you feel about him? Will you believe that he loves you? As far as I do not like beating a woman, I also hate the fact that women loves to abuse people verbally. I know for a fact that women hates to be at the receiving end of a verbal abuse. Infact, a verbal abuse can leave an everlasting scar on a woman's soul. Now, imagine your husband calling you a wh.ore, telling you that you look ugly or reminding you of your dirty past. Isn't it as painful as physical abuse? Or your husband giving you the silent treatment for weaks just because of what you said to him. Won't you still call him childish. Any form of abuse is bad and women should stop thinking that they can throw verbal abuses and go free. As for me, any abuse from my women will meet a response more painful than physical abuse.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 3:48pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Cool. I have also been attacked by male folks myself in this forum for no just cause. Just admit it. Men are equally verbally abusive as women can be. If we keep using verbal abuse as an excuse for physical, then men are not left out. That means we all should go beating up anyone that runs his/her mouth, men inclusive. Or do you think women enjoy it when you men run your mouth?
Oh, I'm sure they don't grin
Am sure it pisses them off no end cos we are surfing on thier turf grin
Its called adaptation.
You dont expect the men on this forum to recieve insults and lay low quietly.
It is inherently within us men to fight and to conquer by whatever means necessary.
If we cant reach you physically then we we learn verbal combat.
And unfortunately its is inevitable that we will become much better at it grin

I am not saying verbal abuse should be anexcuse to hit a woman.
what pisses me off is when a woman feels she can do anything to a man without consequences afterall "there is no justifiable reason for hitting a woman" undecided

Its like a woman dressing like a hooker and walking down harlem street at night.
Anything that happens to her is entirely her fault.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Oh, I'm sure they don't grin
Am sure it pisses them off no end cos we are surfing on thier turf grin
Its called adaptation.
You dont expect the men on this forum to recieve insults and lay low quietly.
It is inherently within us men to fight and to conquer by whatever means necessary.
If we cant reach you physically then we we learn verbal combat.
And unfortunately its is inevitable that we will become much better at it grin

I am not saying verbal abuse should be anexcuse to hit a woman.
what pisses me off is when a woman feels she can do anything to a man without consequences afterall "there is no justifiable reason for hitting a woman" undecided

Its like a woman dressing like a hooker and walking down harlem street at night.
Anything that happens to her is entirely her fault.

You are still justifying physical violence by this your comment. So we can say women can beat up men who run their mouths then.
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 4:10pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You are still justifying physical violence by this your comment. So we can say women can beat up men who run their mouths then.
Yes they can and they should!
Oh wait, men are much stronger than women so that may not be a good idea...

1 Like

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 09, 2015
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yes they can and they should!
Oh wait, men are much stronger than women so that may not be a good idea...

You've forgotten there are weapons/objects around? You've forgtten women strike when the men are at their weakest? Lol. Not to talk of the fact that we have strong women who can take down men physically. Abeg those women who cut off their husbands' d1ck, how were they able to do it? grin

2 Likes

Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 4:26pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You've forgotten there are weapons/objects around? You've forgtten women strike when the men are at their weakest? Lol. Not to talk of the fact that we have strong women who can take down men physically. Abeg those women who cut off their husbands' d1ck, how were they able to do it? grin

Mostly when the man was asleep wink
Re: The Wife Beating Campaign On Nairaland by 5minsmadness: 4:29pm On May 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Exactly. The common belief is that when a man speaks, the woman should say nothing but agree. If she tries to counter, she isnt wife material. If she defends herself, she is verbally abusive. Therefore men are allowed to run their mouth and that isnt verbal abuse to them. but when a woman does so, a crime has been committed. Ive noticed this in nairaland.
heheehe.
some people have been reading too much chinua achebe cheesy
Just out of curiosity, can you show me a single post, just one, where you have noticed the above?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Divorce Her,but Do I Have Any Choice? / I Need Help Handling My Son! / Accessories For Wife/spouse : Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.