Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (73744 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Omotayor123(f): 9:37am On May 10, 2015
This news sweetened my Belle. Just Love dis Man...
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by orbablessing(f): 9:37am On May 10, 2015
gregzone:
Last week I commented on another thread on this meeting wit GMB I said that the outcome of this meeting will have a lot to say about the personality of GMB.
He has once more shown that he is a man of character and integrity, who sees Nigeria to be a greater than any Nigerian and political party.
Please fellow Nigerians let's put our political differences aside and give this man the support and loyalty he deserves, I sincerely think and know for a fact that change has come to stay in Nigeria.
GMB is really God sent,he won't take shit from any politician just bc they are of the same party ,GMB I pray God give u more power strenght to lead nigeria right,and u will also live to finish the good work u have started,change is what we want and change have come to stay so help help GMB God

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by condralbede(m): 9:37am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!
They never chili(see)grin
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by nasoeb: 9:38am On May 10, 2015
Apc is indeed a party of liars. Just on thursday last week when the comm. for info to the imo state govt. Was addressing youths of apc imo chapter, where he boast of buhari as an apc patriot and the choice of the masses, stating that had agreed to give to the apc govs 2 ministerial slot and promised 25% bailot to critical states' economy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Sajio(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2015
Have always said...... APC didn't win but CPC did? Buhari used them to get what he wants..! I support him on this. he's in charge and should b allowed to appoints his ministers.. guess GMB is learning from Gejs lapses. Buhari I know will never appoint any of this APCian but his core CPCians.. WATCH out as it plays!!!........ wait ooo, do dis governors know what it takes to head a state??
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Omotayor123(f): 9:40am On May 10, 2015
ukandi1:

Everything is wrong. They have been there for too long and 100yrs after amalgamation, where are we? Other tried hands from south south and south west may not have done well to d admiration of all, but its only wise that other regions be tried as well before it goes to north. Nigeria is bigger than d north or any part of nigeria.
However, lets not derail d thread.
Sai buhari..
Oh please, Letz stop dis tribalism/ ethnicity craziness.
If d candidate is right nd just. And he is such dat can take Nigeria to dat promise land den it shouldn't be a Big deal if such candidate comes from d North/South/ East or West twenty times Over.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Namadobi: 9:41am On May 10, 2015
ASARI DAKUBO MY HERO

TOMPOLO MY ROLE MODEL

ORUBEBE MY GUY

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 9:42am On May 10, 2015
From today onwards, I give my president elect 100% of my support.

Carry go General, nothing do you.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ALISMILE(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!
U re a foool! Am frm d south too! Are there no APC Govnors too frm d north? U er seein positive change like dis u re foolishly ascribing it to a northern tin! Is dis not a gud development?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by nasoeb: 9:44am On May 10, 2015
Now the same apc almost a week later saying buhari refused the govs is the highest level of hipocrisy anyone could imagine just to keep deceiving Nigerians and making them think of buhari as a gem. Too bad.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Gbawe: 9:46am On May 10, 2015
@Topic.

There is so much gossip and fabrications flying around these days and I would urge Nairalanders to take the revelations of this article with a pinch of salt. Yes it indeed sounds like the sort of thing Buhari would do given his innate character and desire to deliver progress for Nigeria through the usage of competent men and women.

Nonetheless, all those who fought valiantly and risked much to make Buhari President cannot suddenly become enemies he will hound, disrespect and alienate. I personally think Buhari will adopt the 'middle ground' strategy of welcoming and inspecting the nominees of APC Governors with no obligation to hire any but with a promise to look at their CV thoroughly and impartially. If they are indeed the most suitable then Buhari can work with them otherwise he is free to reject them. Nigerians may naturally hate the influence of governors but this does not mean we disregard the fact that some of them do indeed know the finest and most talented brains Nigeria has to offer. Buhari does not and cannot know it all. He should therefore welcome input from all and try, as much as possible, to run a solution-driven government where ideas and brainstorming rules.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by CyberWolf: 9:49am On May 10, 2015
socialmediaman:
Well I'm not an expert on judicial process but it's a gradual process, when reforms are carried out in the judiciary, running to the court to get reprieve will no longer save you if you've done something wrong, moreover the courts operate under the ambients of the law.. Laws are there to protect people's rights but also catch up with law breakers. Still on the issue of trying to play on the system, For instance, if you used to run to the court to get an indefinite "stay of execution" order that prevents you from being investigated indefinitely, if a reform in the judiciary now states you can no longer do that for more than a period of time, say 1 month etc, then justice will definitely find you.. We have ways of appealing such judgements too, moreover if you cannot establish evidence that says you're being witch hunted, then you won't be granted such. Judicial reforms are usually extensive and they take into consideration all possible known ways which people use to slow down the system or ways in which the authorities also use to abuse the law, so it will all be taken care of, there are civil rights groups too watching, there are judicial panel teams too reviewing cases which raise dust etc so we will get there once the right steps are taken...

Beautiful..The tasks are very tough but I know that God will see him through..All hands must be on deck whether PDP or APC to ensure that Buhari succeeds because when that happens,the masses will be the greatest beneficiary and the country will be projected to a greater height..The whole system needs a vigorous reform so that strong and independent institutions will be created with people of strong integrity at the helm of affairs. Meritocracy in all sectors must be encouraged over quota system..May God be with him..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by chrysso83(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2015
Am gradually begin to like this man Buhari. Thumbs up! Thats d man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ALISMILE(m): 9:52am On May 10, 2015
ukandi1:

Hmmmmnnnn.... I see how wise u are.. Is it about south now or nigeria in general? And does nigeria not have regions? And in d spirit of fairness, is it inappropriate for d leadership of d nation to rotate?
U be real Wasted sperms
That is were u get it wrong foool! If u er a patriotic Nigerian den u will be lookin for d best and not rotation! Even if its a foreigner dat will get d job done den so be it. If idiiots like u are Americans u will be saying Obama cannot be our President because he is a fuckinng African!wake up my foolish broda!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Bimpe29: 9:57am On May 10, 2015
Charity begins at home. Apparently, we need change as a people & as a nation. Meanwhile, that change must begin with our leaders, then enforce same on us as a followers. GMB's reaction is a sign of good development for Nigerian Project. Ma we get it right this time around.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by oneeaast: 9:57am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin
yu re sick ,maybe in the head or brain?
igbos generals re not cowards like yur red oyel brothers.
edit your post now.yu this tribalistic anuofia eberibe boi.
mkpor..
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by dustmalik: 9:58am On May 10, 2015
Gbawe:
@Topic.

There is so much gossip and fabrications flying around these days and I would urge Nairalanders to take the revelations of this article with a pinch of salt. Yes it indeed sounds like the sort of thing Buhari would do given his innate character and desire to deliver progress for Nigeria through the usage of competent men and women.

Nonetheless, all those who fought valiantly and risked much to make Buhari President cannot suddenly become enemies he will hound, disrespect and alienate. I personally think Buhari will adopt the 'middle ground' strategy of welcoming and inspecting the nominees of APC Governors with no obligation to hire any but with a promise to look at their CV thoroughly and impartially. If they are indeed the most suitable then Buhari can work with them otherwise he is free to reject them. Nigerians may naturally hate the influence of governors but this does not mean we disregard the fact that some of them do indeed know the finest and most talented brains Nigeria has to offer. Buhari does not and cannot know it all. He should therefore welcome input from all and try, as much as possible, to run a solution-driven government where ideas and brainstorming rules.
True that. I'm an ardent Buhari supporter, and i do agree with you on this one.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by donephi(m): 10:01am On May 10, 2015
Patiently waiting and watching as decisions are made and acts unfold
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by gabbytabby: 10:02am On May 10, 2015
Gbawe:

Buhari can "reward" Tinubu, Amaechi et al and retain his integrity. It is about others stepping up to Buhari's level to then ensure they only approach him with their nominees if those can pass Buhari's thorough tests of integrity, dedication to service and ability. Buhari accepted Tinubu's choice of Osinbajo as his VP because the General realized that Osinbajo is a meritorious asset to his Presidency and a superb deputy.

Tinubu, Amaechi, Okorocha et al know the character of GMB before they swung behind him fully and uncompromisingly. Anyone who thinks those men are about 'business as usual' is simply not reading the mood of the nation to note that even politicians want change and are fed up of Nigeria as currently constituted. If Tinubu, Amaechi and others approach GMB with the names of competent technocrats, leaders and proven achievers, as I am sure they would do anyway, then Buhari would certainly be happy to work with their nominees.

Happy to work with them not because they were nominated by the said persons but because he has assessed them to be capable of taking his vision forward.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Gimmy(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2015
I can't stop laughing in spanish accent.... Now the trumhpet of truth as blown itself.. Gov.Fashola in Lagos state has recently proclaimed that the Federal Government has not been giving them there state allocation for few years back that it's the tax they collected from us they are using to run things around.. Imagin.....The General said, no single state allocation was withheld by the present government from the document he has with him. Gov. Fashola..its so unfortunate that you had to be part of the game. I knew this will happen someday. So,they are just sharing the state allocations and exploiting the citizens indirectly via the tax. Its so painful.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by CoolAmbience(m): 10:03am On May 10, 2015
gregzone:
Last week I commented on another thread on this meeting wit GMB I said that the outcome of this meeting will have a lot to say about the personality of GMB.
He has once more shown that he is a man of character and integrity, who sees Nigeria to be a greater than any Nigerian and political party.
Please fellow Nigerians let's put our political differences aside and give this man the support and loyalty he deserves, I sincerely think and know for a fact that change has come to stay in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 10:05am On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:
hmmmm. For the first time in my life, am liking a post about buhari. But bihari also mentioned something: that the FG (gej) does not owe any state their allocation. Buhari is only affirming that 50% of Nigeria's problem (or more) are caused by the state governors and that gej isn't to be blamed for everything.
Same here. Just had to like a post about Buhari, for the first time. I think there is hope sha.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by baralatie(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2015
kayciano:
They think BUHARI is T. A ORJI...
In fact, GEJ till BUHARI messes them up.
nice post!!!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by irishMO123(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
even the bible said.....|| FEAR THE NORTH
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by baralatie(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2015
Gimmy:
I can't stop laughing in spanish accent.... Now the trumhpet of truth as blown itself.. Gov.Fashola in Lagos state has recently proclaimed that the Federal Government has not been giving them there state allocation for few years back that it's the tax they collected from us they are using to run things around.. Imagin.....The General said, no single state allocation was withheld by the present government from the document he has with him. Gov. Fashola..its so unfortunate that you had to be part of the game. I knew this will happen someday. So,they are just sharing the state allocations and exploiting the citizens indirectly via the tax. Its so painful.
hahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahHHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahashahshshshshshshs
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 10:09am On May 10, 2015
Buhari's advice to these governors is good, but will they take it? Today in Nigeria, state commissioners are mere portfolios.

I have personally witnessed a scenario where a commissioner for works first heard of the award of a gigantic road contract in his state over the radio. 99% of Nigerians problems with governance lies in the states. These governors lack conscience.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 10:10am On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by baralatie(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2015
nasoeb:
Apc is indeed a party of liars. Just on thursday last week when the comm. for info to the imo state govt. Was addressing youths of apc imo chapter, where he boast of buhari as an apc patriot and the choice of the masses, stating that had agreed to give to the apc govs 2 ministerial slot and promised 25% bailot to critical states' economy.
today is Sunday o!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by AreaFada2: 10:11am On May 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Very soon Tinubu OBJ and others will wish GEJ was still president.

Many will realise that GEJ is a listening President.

Someone said that TB Joshua told Nigerians that they should pray that Buhari develops a listening ear. That very soon people will realise that GEJ was the best President Nigeria ever had.

Though Buhari is right in this case

But

What of when he is wrong and still remains adamant.

The major difference between Buhari and GEJ is

GEJ listening ears makes him a times yield to things he knows are not right just to carry everyone along

Buhari on the other hand would pursue a course once his mind is made up. Even when the all world is begging him to change course. cool

Nigerians don't respect someone who is kind, quiet and gentle.

They fear and respect tough & hard people. Just look at how many agbero we have in high politics.

Let Buhari even arrest all those corrupt governors upon leaving office and prove their guilt in a democratic, just and legal way. And jail them without plea-bargain.

Then I will become his number one fan.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by mignone(f): 10:16am On May 10, 2015

-----------

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by BamideleOJ: 10:16am On May 10, 2015
The peoples general at work. Dat d tin
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by PreciousBro: 10:19am On May 10, 2015
undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abandoned Vice President Residence: Weeds, Reptiles Take Over Mansion / SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos / Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.