Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved (12819 Views)

Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / If You Did Not Get Involved In 80% Of This, You Wasted Your Child Hood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 11:30am On Feb 12, 2009
bilms:

is the conference holding just meant for the commite on education or all the committe on the organization.
The conference is holding on all sectors. As below:
1 Education                                                     -  Coordinator B.O.S.S
2 Special Projects                                           -  Coordinator Bhola
3 Governance and corruption                         -  Coordinator Sky Blue
4 Awareness, Image Laundering and Media  -  Coordinator Sam Milla
5 Health                                                          -  Coordinator proudly9ja

bilms:

where is the conference holding?
Conference would be holding on our forum. Register and select the committee of your choice. 7pm Naija Time.

bilms:

I will like to add one more note.

i think we should like create an awareness in all the 36 states of Nigeria. trying to allow free anf flow of information

just like the politicl parties. from there we can extend to both town and villages.

and i think all should be in the plab from start tp avaoid unnecesary distraction as we goforward

Sure we’ll do that after the conference on Sunday, all hands would be on deck.

Thanks for your advice. It’s been surely noted.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by superboi(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2009
hello all i sort of sign in 3 days ago into the movement. i had a chat with kinren2000,. i will want to join dey education group.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 11:56am On Feb 12, 2009
superboi:

hello all i sort of sign in 3 days ago into the movement. i had a chat with kinren2000,. i will want to join dey education group.
Welcome to my group then superboi. Regardless of what committee you want to join, just follow the ABC steps. You’ll then receive an email and the rest would follow behind the scene.

Regards

Steps:

A - Add name to the list on this thread
B - Bless us with your email at ndmnigeria@gmail.com
C - Confirm any committee of interest on our form

Now that's simple as ABC
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by beneli(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
proudly9ja:

HEALTH

To say there are good hospitals in Nigeria is almost like saying there is constant power supply! They just dont exist. It is sad that in the 21st century, many people in Nigera still suffer from diseases that have long been forgotten in the advanced world. Malaria, Diarhea, Cholera, the list is endless. Our people do not only ack access to basic health facilities, we are also so prone to contacting these diseases due to our sad and deplorable living conditions. Things are so bad that even the President of the Nation cannot be treated at home and has to fly abroad for treatment. While the rich and affluent go abroad to be treated, the average Nigerian is left to his fate to die in the hands of quack doctors and self medication. It is so bad now that people no longer die because diseases are incurable, they die because they cannot afford the drugs. A visit to a Nigerian people will open our eyes to see people dying or suffering from diseases that can be cured with as little as 1000naira (4 pounds, 8USD!).

It is one of the so many reasons why the Nigerian Development Movement has decided to have Health as one of its focal points. The health of the citizens of a Nation is as important as the wealth of that Nation. A people of sound body, will have sound mind and then be able to think clearly. Our aim is not only to see ways of making suggestions to govt on how the heath sector can be improved, but also seeking ways of helping as many people. You will be surprised how many lives can be saved by digging one borehole here and another there, in villages and local communities. You will also be surprised at how many lives can be saved by volunteering in hospitals (for medical doctors). The movement is also open to suggestions on ways to contribute and seriosuly affect the Nigerian Health sector. As always, continue to post your suggestions on this thread and sign up on ndm@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the Health group or any other available group. It should be noted, this is a movement. We are not prepared to make too much noise, the aim is to do as much as we can, your support is needed.

Let it be known, that we may not be able to build thousands of hospitals, we may not be able to raise the standard of living of the average Nigerian, we may not be able to give out free drugs to the Nigerian on the street, but I assure you, WE WILL DO OUR BEST!

Nigeria Develeopment Movement - Get involved

Change is possible in the Health Sector.

The levels of intervention can be broken down into 3 main areas:

1. The structure of the Health service delivery
On paper we have 3 tiers: The primary care, secondary care and Tertiary Care.
In reality, in Nigeria, it's all blurred. There's no clear boundaries of what each level provides.
A ramshakle private clinic in a Nigerian village, manned by Doctors just out of Med school will be saddled with tasks they are not skilled to perform. No fault of the doctors really-if there was better regulation and pathways of referal from the primary care services or the private sector to secondary and tertiary care providers, i'm sure most doctors would comply. But there is'nt any clear procedures. The government has to step up it's acts here!

2. The quality of Health Care delivery.
In the developed world Doctors are guided by guidelines. In the UK the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) comes up with guidelines for Doctors on how to manage and treat patients using the best available evidence.  Here there is also a culture of Clinical Governance that allows each clinician to become familiar with evidence-based procedures and get's him into the habit of regularly updating his practice vis-a-vis the current evidences. Bringing the culture of Clinical Governance to Nigeria is not rocket science.

3. Health service-user protection
We don't need to be told what will happen if any of our relatives are to be taken to a hospital in the middle of the night, without enough money for the 'deposit'!
The bottom line is that the lives of the Health service-user in Nigeria is not of any value. The NDM can play a big role especially at this level.

The status quo can no longer hold. We deserve better as a people!

The embarrasment has to stop!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by superboi(m): 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
1)jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)Zangief
26)jjyou
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superboi
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by lawyer(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2009
Quote from: lawyer on Yesterday at 06:03:31 PM
Which commitee wants to toast me to tap my brain, lol!

LOL. Sorry to dissappoint you but this is not about that at all. This is a selfless service, the rewards would be hopefully seeing a better Nigeria and being involved in the work and fight towards progress. Hence, if you are only considering joining for "toasting" or kola nut or "peppersuyaing" then maybe you might like to reconsider. If you are in it to join hands and get proactive in moving the nation forward then we could use your contribution.

ehen! undecided

Despite all my underground work for una abi? Na the yab i get be this abi?

Ok!

Bhola over to you! Me i don wash my hand comot!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
lawyer:

ehen! undecided

Despite all my underground work for una abi? Na the yab i get be this abi?
Ok!
Bhola over to you! Me i don wash my hand comot!
No be yab now Lawyer. Na just that we don't want to divert. We want everyone to follow the same process. Afterall, it's for the benefit of all.

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Moves: 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
B.O.S.S send ur own rewrite up concerning education so that we people that have signified interest in the sector can have something to chew on prior to sunday meeting, Health people have started theirs by creating awareness, Also waiting for details concerning the forum and platform to be used for the sunday meeting,
In the meantime , should u require me to do anywork am available
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
Moves:

B.O.S.S send ur own rewrite up concerning education so that we people that have signified interest in the sector can have something to chew on prior to sunday meeting, Health people have started theirs by creating awareness, Also waiting for details concerning the forum and platform to be used for the sunday meeting,
In the meantime , should u require me to do anywork am available
The website is ready and we've tested it extensively. In fact we're holding our meetings on there daily now. My write-up should be ready latest today.

If you mail me, I'll send you the web address. Due to conflict on interest with Nairaland, we don't want to add the web address on here being a forum.

We'll need you to keep firing for us either way though. But pls, I'll be expecting your mail. Pls make some moves.
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by pixiraver(m): 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
I will like to be part of Youth and Sports. Skyblue please do take note.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2009
@
B.O.S.S.:

The website is ready and we've tested it extensively. In fact we're holding our meetings on there daily now. My write-up should be ready latest today.

If you mail me, I'll send you the web address. Due to conflict on interest with Nairaland, we don't want to add the web address on here being a forum.

We'll need you to keep firing for us either way though. But pls, I'll be expecting your mail. Pls make some moves.
cheesy

@ B.O.S.S i sent u a mail, need em' website address.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
pixiraver:

I will like to be part of Youth and Sports. Skyblue please do take note.

Look at the list of available committees, there is no "youth and sport". The committee list stays the way it is at this moment until the movement gains more momentum and members and we can viably sustain more groups. Does not mean some of the goals you might want to address might not be possible through other committees though.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by proudly9ja(m): 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2009
beneli:

Change is possible in the Health Sector.

The levels of intervention can be broken down into 3 main areas:

1. The structure of the Health service delivery
On paper we have 3 tiers: The primary care, secondary care and Tertiary Care.
In reality, in Nigeria, it's all blurred. There's no clear boundaries of what each level provides.
A ramshakle private clinic in a Nigerian village, manned by Doctors just out of Med school will be saddled with tasks they are not skilled to perform. No fault of the doctors really-if there was better regulation and pathways of referal from the primary care services or the private sector to secondary and tertiary care providers, i'm sure most doctors would comply. But there is'nt any clear procedures. The government has to step up it's acts here!

2. The quality of Health Care delivery.
In the developed world Doctors are guided by guidelines. In the UK the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) comes up with guidelines for Doctors on how to manage and treat patients using the best available evidence.  Here there is also a culture of Clinical Governance that allows each clinician to become familiar with evidence-based procedures and get's him into the habit of regularly updating his practice vis-a-vis the current evidences. Bringing the culture of Clinical Governance to Nigeria is not rocket science.

3. Health service-user protection
We don't need to be told what will happen if any of our relatives are to be taken to a hospital in the middle of the night, without enough money for the 'deposit'!
The bottom line is that the lives of the Health service-user in Nigeria is not of any value. The NDM can play a big role especially at this level.

The status quo can no longer hold. We deserve better as a people!

The embarrasment has to stop!

We value your contribution and we look forward to working with you. See you on Sunday. Meanwhile if you have something to add before sunday, you can post it on this forum as you have done or send a mail to ndmnigeria@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by onuku: 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
superboi:

1)jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)Zangief
26)jjyou
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superboi
30) Onuku

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
EDUCATION

Education is not a privilege but a right as well as a priority in any nation that wants to survive.

There is no way a building with shaky foundation will have an everlasting structure. Examination malpractices are so rampant in our institutions to the point that not making the minimum requirement guarantees an admission neither does satisfying the minimum requirement guarantees a place except you know your way. University are being closed at will. Our institutions are places to practise cultism, raping, kidnapping. In place of working hard and spending a lot of time in the library and in group discussion, now students device many different ways to survive in the system. Students spend their cash and body in obtaining what they want. Unfortunately, we as a nation can only reap where we sow.

Lecturers  miss classes with impunity. Our present leader was once a university lecturer but he’s closed he’s only done well by paying lip service to the ills of the education sectors. Students are no more willing to learn but look for short cuts to good grades and certificates without actually working for it.

Our university representatives are being bought. We could collectively let them know they’re no more speaking for us. Students should see the power that was once manifested in them as in the days of old. The memories of student power in the early nineties are still fresh and I believe the firing power is still there. More and more students are travelling abroad to get an education of more eminence. How about the families that cannot afford it? How about the consequences brain drain?

After all in the 70s and early 80s when educational institutions were of very high standard, the trend for foreign education was negligible. Some opinions even have it that, then only the ‘never-do-wells’ scurried abroad for further education. What then has led to the present decay in Education?

Let’s join hands together in putting this madness to an end. If we act, the younger generation will live to enjoy a better and a more prosperous Nigeria. Thereafter progress and tranquility will rain in this country and our nation will be full of future youths who are gainfully employed.

We are poised with the struggle for youth matters as it affects the youths and our nation, and map out ways that will better our community and the country in general. To acknowledge a fault is to take the first step in its transformation. A problem known is a problem solved. We are willing to sacrifice our time, efforts, energy and everything we have to save our country’s educational system. It’s up to me and you.

[center]Nigerian Development Movement – Get Involved[/center]
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

EDUCATION

Education is not a privilege but a right as well as a priority in any nation that wants to survive.

There is no way a building with shaky foundation will have an everlasting structure. Examination malpractices are so rampant in our institutions to the point that not making the minimum requirement guarantees an admission neither does satisfying the minimum requirement guarantees a place except you know your way. University are being closed at will. Our institutions are places to practise cultism, raping, kidnapping. In place of working hard and spending a lot of time in the library and in group discussion, now students device many different ways to survive in the system. Students spend their cash and body in obtaining what they want. Unfortunately, we as a nation can only reap where we sow.

Lecturers  miss classes with impunity. Our present leader was once a university lecturer but he’s closed he’s only done well by paying lip service to the ills of the education sectors. Students are no more willing to learn but look for short cuts to good grades and certificates without actually working for it.

Our university representatives are being bought. We could collectively let them know they’re no more speaking for us. Students should see the power that was once manifested in them as in the days of old. The memories of student power in the early nineties are still fresh and I believe the firing power is still there. More and more students are travelling abroad to get an education of more eminence. How about the families that cannot afford it? How about the consequences brain drain?

After all in the 70s and early 80s when educational institutions were of very high standard, the trend for foreign education was negligible. Some opinions even have it that, then only the ‘never-do-wells’ scurried abroad for further education. What then has led to the present decay in Education?

Let’s join hands together in putting this madness to an end. If we act, the younger generation will live to enjoy a better and a more prosperous Nigeria. Thereafter progress and tranquility will rain in this country and our nation will be full of future youths who are gainfully employed.

We are poised with the struggle for youth matters as it affects the youths and our nation, and map out ways that will better our community and the country in general. To acknowledge a fault is to take the first step in its transformation. A problem known is a problem solved. We are willing to sacrifice our time, efforts, energy and everything we have to save our country’s educational system. It’s up to me and you.

That is my B.O.S.S ! Kudos man on your write-ups,

There is surely a way forward.

Nigerian Development Movement Get Involved
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by beneli(m): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

EDUCATION

Wonderful job you guys are doing. I am proud of us!

Here's my little contribution to the discourse.

There is a problem with the content of what the children, especially in their formative years, are taught in Nigeria. The reality is that there needs to be a complete overhaul of what is being taught in the educational system.

Education is and has always been a stategic tool for Social control and development.
In the developed economies, policy makers know that what is being taught (content) and how, and to what purpose, it is taught  (the hidden curriculum) determines the progress the recipients of the education make in their lives.

They also know that the early years-which are the formative years-is most strategic for internalising self-respect and respect of good values and ideals. If interventions at that level is disorganised, then you'll end up with a disorganised people-the uncouth and unrefined person, who lacks basic understanding of social etiquette and rules of interpersonal relationship even if that person manages to get a higher education.

You see them everywhere in Naija. That's the sad reality. But this reality also holds everywhere- a child who is educated in a private school in the UK is different from his counterparts from the state school system. It's not about the money, but the content and the way in which the education is delivered. That's a fact. Here it's only the children from the socially disadvantaged schools, lacking in self-respect, who walk about with their pants down their backsides, kniffing each other and slanging about with 'in'nit and other such rubbish!'

The higher levels, surprisingly, are actually less strategic in character formation, but equally important for the purpose of life-skills acquisition.

In Nigeria, they should stop recruiting teachers who are half-baked. They should make the profession more competitive to attract th hordes of unemployed graduates and provide relevant training.

You don't just pick somebody of the streets and expect that person to teach well even if the person wrote the subject!

In summary, something is wrong with the content and structure of the education system in Nigeria and it needs to be corrected!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by abdurrazaq(m): 4:06pm On Feb 12, 2009
1)Jensen
2)percussive
3)Keens
4)Charlesmud
5)LaTeX
6)Nix
7)Young's
coolproudly9Jae
9)Busy body
10)Ampex
11)acreage
12)Agata123
13)innocent oh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)Bernelle
17)hatches
18)Sky Blue
19)cube
20)Homeric01
21)Bola
22)Sam Millay
23)Brien
24)Fe32
25)Sanger
26)juju
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superb
30) Oink
31)abdurrazaq

I'll like to be part of the Education committee
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by abdurrazaq(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

cheesy
Why can't we get the web address along with confirmation message when we join the group
I try to send a message to the address on your profile but, it was returned. You can get back at me through abdurrazaqola@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
GOVERNANCE AND CORRUPTION

Nigeria and Africa as a continent have over the decades been plagued with bad governance and corruption. Corruption is a major societal issue and such has been glorified in government. As was decided in the previous meeting the coordinator of each committee serves to give the committee some sort of direction so here goes my attempt and again we are open to ideas and suggestions.
Since Nigeria is a country plagued by the phenomena known as bad governance, perhaps the obvious question to ask is: “What is good governance and what is the function of the government with regards to its people”? Perhaps taking this a step further after defining good governance is; “How do we promote good governance and help bring such into realisation where such is absent”? More so, is bad governance just a symptom of a more ambiguous underlying issue?

Government is seen and run as an enterprise and positions are pursued by a lot of people who are simply in it for the money. Is there any enterprise better than that of government which has going for its “employees” unlimited funds via taxpayers and “state owned” industries? Enough of the questions though, I will present a proposal on steps the movement can take based on the premise that for government to change the people being governed would need to be awakened, informed, get involved and interested in how they are governed. The proposal is also based on the premise that for good governance to be fought for, people would have to define what good governance is and perhaps ask the questions I have just asked and might perhaps need a standard with which to compare.

Here are some of my proposals based on these questions:

Gather information on the ground in terms of projects, economic schemes, completed works, instigated policies, commercial incentives and general developments going on in different parts of the country. Coupled with budget details such information can be used to present a solid and well argued governance rating system for different parts of the country. These ratings would be backed up by information on achievements as opposed to propaganda and rhetoric. Such ratings backed up by information on actual achievements than propaganda would be presented to the people and publicity will be raised for it, it can be taken to community forums, published in papers, pasted on the net, etc and apart from serving as a viable source of information in terms of what is actually happening on the ground, it would hopefully cause the people to ask: “What has my governor or representative or local government chairman, etc done for me”? Such a venture could also make people compare their standards of living with other parts of the country. A BRT system is being implemented in Port Harcourt although the one currently on ground has much fewer buses and is by far incapable of meeting the needs of the people. Some other state governors have also shown interest and it shows that governors can introspect on their performances based on what their peers are achieving.

The follow up to defining good governance would be propagating good governance. Such could be achieved by reaching out to student bodies, pressure groups and even public office holders (e.g. an “integrity group” does exist in the house of reps) just to explain that we are available to help in whatever capacity that works towards people getting more out of the government which should be accountable to them. With regards to reaching out to public office holders, while I believe anything is possible I think a more sensible approach might lie in a bottom up approach of reaching out to local governments first, etc.

While people in public offices have made a habit of diverting the attention of the people on development which is not occurring and no progress through the use of rhetoric, we could serve as an objective body by drawing back the attention of the people to issues that need to be addressed. Ultimately this committee apart from having its own goals would most likely gain from collaboration with other committees like media and awareness.
In summary the goals lie in defining and propagating good governance and governmental practices. How such can be achieved is open to suggestions and ideas presented and proposed were for illustrative purposes. Such a committee will need to reach out to the people, spread awareness, and work through the citizens of the country because it is when the people demand good governance and stand up for such together as one that good governance will be achieved.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2009
abdurrazaq:

Why can't we get the web address along with confirmation message when we join the group
I try to send a message to the address on your profile but, it was returned. You can get back at me through abdurrazaqola@gmail.com

Use the email address dedicated to this movement (ndmnigeria@gmail.com) and we will get back to you with the link. Please sign up for a committee.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by gongoaso1: 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2009
1)Jensen
2)percussive
3)Keens
4)Charlesmud
5)LaTeX
6)Nix
7)Young's
coolproudly9Jae
9)Busy body
10)Ampex
11)acreage
12)Agata123
13)innocent oh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)Bernelle
17)hatches
18)Sky Blue
19)cube
20)Homeric01
21)Bola
22)Sam Millay
23)Brien
24)Fe32
25)Sanger
26)juju
27)Moves
28)PAPABrowne
29)superb
30) Oink
31)abdurrazaq
32)gongo aso

little beginnings, count me in wink
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2009
32 people on the list and to my recollection only 15 have signed up for committees. Remember, simple as ABC. Read previous postings please.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Gamine(f): 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
You people are jokers

There is nothing on Power sef

looks like the same old naija talk-talk

priorities are just messed up. .kai
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by JJYOU: 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2009
gamine, long time. where have you been hiding or who has been hiding you?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Gamine(f): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
Hey,

i have been around. . .trying to make things happen smiley
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2009
Gamine:

You people are jokers

That's part of the whole governance issue. By the way, we are not jokers. we have decided to devote our time and help our country the best way we could. You don't have to agree with us but any advise would be seen as a way forward and we'll take it as complimentary. At least constructive criticism would do rather than knocking us. By the way, we are just people of your age trying to do something good for free. If youths of the nation just want to knock everything positive, then tell me what's the way forward?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Gamine(f): 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
Ok o

i hear, i will be watching you people
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2009
Gamine:

You people are jokers

There is always room for expansion and adding of more committees and as the group gets larger then more committees would be added since such will then become more viable when people are actually available for such. The aim of the group is to also make a positive impact and hence action. The chosen committees were chosen because they were deemed to be areas where people could act most effectively. The idea is to make the best of what is available to us. We welcome everyone interested in joining to move the country forward and encourage people to come, however it is not compulsory so if you are not interested then that is fine and if you have better suggestions you are free to articulate (while taking feasibility into account of course).
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Bhola(f): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
Thanks Gamine. Sitting back and watching, is why we are here. We all know what problems are facing the country. We can all write a book about it all. The difference here is this, we are done talking. Here is a new movement, you talk, you provide solution, we back it up with action. That's what Nigerian Development Movement is about.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Gamine(f): 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2009
Yeah, im waiting to see

You guys are not the first to set up a "committee"

i would just like to see how serious you people are. . .thats all
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by proudly9ja(m): 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cross River PVCs Accidentally Taken To Kebbi - REC / Court Okays Jumbo Pensions For Ex-Governors. Lawyers, CSOs Kick / Soil Test For Abia’s 35,000 FIFA-Approved Stadium Begins – Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.