Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... (25310 Views)

Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / The Real Meaning Of "ORUBEBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by buskie13(m): 2:15pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:
Usually bullsh.it, you should make Jonathan ezi ndibo of your land if you so much need him.

Jega was from anambra when he announced Jonathan winner in 2011.
why did u chose to use ur anal orifice to think instead of ur empty head?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

My last drop for you; do some introspection and grow up...

. . . . . . . .look who's talking grin grin. . . . . . will wait for your next cry baby thread grin grin
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Gbawe: 2:16pm On May 15, 2015
philips70:

He should have left it open in my opinion. He bungled it, let the people speak and decide. Is that not what many of you want and lots have died for? He chose to be a nice guy, after all he's already rich and he doesn't need a republic to become richer. Like someone said here earlier all this talk of restructuring and federalism would have been uncalled for if we had sincere leaders who managed all we are given to develop our region. Our problems are useless leaders. Even if they give us 100% greedy leaders will still corner all and what we will have are richer strong people while the masses will continue to suffer.

I actually believe that GEJ is an insincere chap who will say anything to get his way. The fact is that he merely talked the talk whereas his actions and body language revealed that GEJ is not a genuine advocate of genuine federalism or devolution of power. He did nothing at all to promote the agitation for greater independence and autonomy for States and regions. He never acted to reverse the harmful trend where the center is suffused with money and wasteful governance to the detriment of the nation. His ten airplane largess, maintained with many billions annually, is indicative of his mindset that those who control the center must enjoy garish opulence whereas a true believer of fair distribution/devolution of wealth/power will feel the center should lead by example by shedding some excesses and donating such to other tiers of the federation. He said "Nigeria not ripe for State policing" yet did nothing to reform what we have to turn the NPF into a modern,efficient and independent security institution. Instead, as with other PDP Presidents, GEJ preferred to keep the NPF in a state of servitude and stupor for the benefit of himself and his Party.

This is a man who enjoys openly compromising our Armed forces (Army, NPF et al) and other security agencies (DSS for example). How will such a leader then ever hanker for genuine federalism which may then feature reformed institutions he would not be able to influence partisanly, for his own agenda, from Aso Rock? Everything Jonathan did shows he leans towards a Federal Government that is inordinately powerful at the expense of other tiers of the federation. If this thread was opened by a supporter of Buhari then I will engage in productive discussion with the OP. When OP is a fervent supporter of GEJ, silent previously about all he now demands today, then I have nothing to say but "hypocrite alert".

4 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by AhmedMustapha(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks so much...this is the driving force for this topic but people see it from a myopic lens of Jonathan thing...Jonathan is going by May 29th. But the injustice remains...NObody will ever be president again without permission from the North instead of people to unite against this...they mostly SW feel they are doing Jonathan by absconding from this...
Same way nobody will ever be President without permission from the South. It's a two way thing so stop playing the victim card.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by xmich(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

God bless you...
Bless you too, the truth must be told,
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by xmich(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

God bless you...
Bless you too, the truth must be told,
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 15, 2015
Thrash whoever wrote this needs to see the brain doctor

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by tomakint: 2:32pm On May 15, 2015
@Whynotthetruth, this is a beautiful, thought-provoking masterpiece you got up there. Ab initio, there was a Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria. The Colonialists saw the coming disintegration from Northern Nigeria especially the likely rebellion from Northern minority and as well saw the strong cohesion from Southern Nigeria and something needed to be done. Hence, the story of how Nigeria became an artificial creation of the British by perpetualy creating the Northern Hegemony over us all.

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by philips70(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I get your point succinctly but fiscal federalism abi regionalism is a more germane way of making the centre less attractive... promoting healthy competition between regions...engaging in comparative advantage biz...and looting will be minimal as your kinsmen won't allow their region go down as nobody will be there to liberate them..like Rochas asking buhari for bailout after looting his state dry...I would rather steal outside and run home than vice versa

Well...Did Rochas really loot his state dry or these are just some accusations borne out of sentiments? I would want citizens at this moment hold on to the anti-corruption crusade of GMB and ask for an all encompassing probe of everyone who have been in government recently. If Rochas or anyone is found guilty they should be punished accordingly and our monies retrieved. It is something that can be done, it just needs the voice of everyone and not all this ethnic jingo going on here and there. Question is if Goodluck won this elections will we still be asking for all these? It all looks like subtle escape and amnesty for all those who just looted the country dry.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by WaffenSS(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for "get Jonathan out of the way election". From the comments of Mohammed, Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list. Some lords felt that Jonathan was fast making them to lose relevance hence they needed to reinvent themselves politically coupled with oil block licencing cum population census of 2016. To this a powerful propaganda machinery was needed to brainwash the smart by half majority. It's a truism that outside Jonathan, most of these men has been part of Nigeria misrule since 1978 till date. A journey through our history shows a country held hostage by its own and forced to be moving in circles. Why can't there be new leaders? Why can't we have true fiscal federalism? Why can't we regionalize this country? Why is the burden of ONE Nigeria always on the South?

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets and made a fugitive in his supposed fatherland.

Yes, subsequently Easterners were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of their people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments. While NigerDeltans were brainwashed through series of well oiled propaganda to see the Igbos as their enemies and root cause of their problem. While the alien term SS came into being to copiously highlight the divide always.

SouthWest were made heroes of their fellow southern brothers woes; but unfortunately were eaten by same tiger they fed. Awolowo was stampeded even to death. And Abiola who had national appeal was not allowed to be. Finally, he became a story and a sentence in the past amidst laughter from the lords of Nigeria.

Obasanjo thrived with the hides and shadow of late Shehu Yar'adua(progenitor of the powerful Kaduna mafia). He is a cat with nine lives. He had his bread buttered by the gods but choose to dine with devil and became lord of demons. Blood of the innocents especially from the creeks cries around him for vengeance.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like Igbo. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office. We all know our position back in the years.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any Southerner rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget
the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co. Boys talk; men act.

The North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South. Irrespective of South's discontent with government in power; unless North decide otherwise the government MUST persist.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aabookiii" ruled all my ancestry, my grandfather, my father and now myself, with the country bastardized and in shambles. When will it all end with all the sycophants, and many smart by half people down South?

Is it too much to ask if Nigeria is reduced to regions with a weak central government?

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...

Nigeria is geopolitically divided as it fits the narrative of the moment. Sometimes there's just north vs south, sometimes its north, south, and east, and so on.

The military dictators of whom you gripe about have only 3 from the socalled core north. The rest were from the north central (or middle belt, when convenient).

Our political history has always laid the failures of political leadership on the heads of the military rulers, so when democracy came about in 1999 we thought that finally we've got the chance to make things right.

Its 2015 now, and we've been running a democracy for16 years. In those 16 years, the south has ruled for 14years.

14 years is more than enough time to put so many things right.

So the failure of this democracy, these wasted 14 years, these endless series of social, economic, and political problems are rooted in southern misrule.

The perennial whipping boy, the "aboki", should not be held responsible for your perceived woes.

Its now up to you to convince us how GEJ was a blessing to the south (or ss/se, as is the trend now) beyond the morsels of federal appointments you find so insulting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by mukhcech(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2015
Democracy says Majority carries the Vote and we all know who owns the Majority in a country like nigeria, so why are you whinning. I tire for Una. So nah now una come gets sense use grammer write to impress. When JonBull was the president what happened to all una request. I guess you guys where bathing in euphoria of happiness for providing the president. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2015
GrammarPolicee:

For starters u just insulted my mum who is late. Tnx. It tells a lot abt u
Actually I've no conscience to sympathize with you .

We've all lost people that were dear to us at a point.

Stop using your dead mother to invoke unnecessary sentiment in a political forum.
Face the topic, boy! I do not have time for your pity party.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Librakid(f): 2:53pm On May 15, 2015
GEJ lost due to his incompetences! Blame it on him and not the north!!

Accept GEJ was a loser nd stop all this ss,se stuffs! He lost, he lost, he lost! Nigerians have made their choice...wait till GMB doesnt deliver bfor posting all these! Simple

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by IsraeliAirPilot: 2:55pm On May 15, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Shut up. You are very wicked and deceptive. The thread is up for discussion, go to your forum if you want a discussion of only SS/SE. Counter the so called half truth with point just like the OP is doing instead of being whinning like a raped cat. You want to keep spreading your wicked lies without being challenged, its only those that dont know the real you that do fall for your fake ways.

This is nairaland and not barcaland where you can feed the gullibles with your lies. Chameleon.

Dont mind the hypocrite. He is a fool. The same person that was telling SW how they will vote for Jonathan

werey

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Librakid(f): 2:56pm On May 15, 2015
Abeg GEJ lost! Why is it so hard 2 accept the fact that Nigerians voted for their choice? He was incompetent so he lost and he lost!

2 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by IsraeliAirPilot: 2:56pm On May 15, 2015
MizMyColi:
[s]Very thought provoking.
There's barely more to add.

Great writ
WNTT.

I expect a good counter from the opposition, if any.
Not insults.

Please uphold civility, thank yousmiley
[/s]
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Touchy aren't we? I knew we would get down yo your anger and your recent posts has not been about Nigeria but you are a mere tribal warlord wanna be. You can join the ranks of Asari and have fun too though.

So much for keeping it "civil" like some of your friends preached when you people are the most uncivil people here.

Now get this, this is Nairaland and not any site for sectional tribalists. I can comment on any topic I like and quote whoever I like. If you don't like it, consult the pictures below
N.AKED Lecturer Boy(NLB). grin

You've deleted your naked pictures from the internet yet? C'mon ! Bro, you're fuccking naked before us so your opinion is full of bullshiit and can be trashed into the trashcan.

You too now has the guts to talk tough when men are talking ?

Mehn ,Seun should stage a real life duel with these iidiots let's see who the real men are . grin
Hopeless jangbajantis boy.

3 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
Odili na mafia na. What about Ibori? Another mafia. Wetin do your lines btw?
As in eh .....

I'm on radio silence, bra! grin
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Afam4eva(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

3) This country cannot be regonalised because our regions do not define us. Not everyone in the SE is Igbo. Not everyone in the SW is Yoruba. Divisions are all over. We are citizens of Nigeria and we live in states and not regions. When you guys attempt to divide the country into 6, you become a bunch of tribal warlords

4) I see myself as part of a well growing Nation where corruption is not our problem. Where I can be of Igbo descent and contest for governorship in Kano. Where I can be from Abia state and the family of my Anambra GF wont say I am not good enough because I am from Ngwa
Regionalizing and tribalising the country is not the same thing. Why must SW equate to Yoruba and SE Igbo? That's the mistake we keep making in this country. Regionalism is just a way for regions (not tribes ) to control what is in their territory and whatever is gotten from it will be for everyone who lives in that region.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Ritchiee: 3:05pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks so much...this is the driving force for this topic but people see it from a myopic lens of Jonathan thing...Jonathan is going by May 29th. But the injustice remains...NObody will ever be president again without permission from the North instead of people to unite against this...they mostly SW feel they are doing Jonathan by absconding from this...

you are welcome but as much as I love Jonathan, he played the tribal politics and the North capitalised on that..as I said...the big question... how does the South come together politically?a million pound question...

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by lomprico(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

Forget all the stories up there, everyone knows what this is about.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by frodobee: 3:23pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Tell that to the man of Igbo descent who is now a member of the House of Representatives representing Lagos.
Tell that to the commissioner in Lagos who is of Igbo descent
Tell that to Aregbesola, Fayemi and Osinbajo who although are not Lagosians are/were commissioners there.
Tell that to the Christian population in Southern Kaduna
Tell that to the Christians who formed a protective ring around the Muslims in Kano while they prayed during the subsidy protests
Tell the to Sanusi who condemned the burning of a church and ordered that the church be built back
Tell that to the Abia state government that fired every non Abia person in its civil service oopps
Tell that to the Orubebe who went crying on TV about the election process. Who wanted us to continue with this madness we call a government.
Tell that to your mirror.
Argue with your cat

Mr Mynd you are arguing for and against. You said Nigeria cannot be regionalized- a good point and he countered it, and then you came up with this point qouted. Can't you see in the quoted that there is bias for regionalism in your post? Also, according to history books Nigeria witnessed massive growth during the era of regional govt.are you going to disprove or shed more light on that?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by atlwireles: 3:25pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for "get Jonathan out of the way election". From the comments of Mohammed, Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list. Some lords felt that Jonathan was fast making them to lose relevance hence they needed to reinvent themselves politically coupled with oil block licencing cum population census of 2016. To this a powerful propaganda machinery was needed to brainwash the smart by half majority. It's a truism that outside Jonathan, most of these men has been part of Nigeria misrule since 1978 till date. A journey through our history shows a country held hostage by its own and forced to be moving in circles. Why can't there be new leaders? Why can't we have true fiscal federalism? Why can't we regionalize this country? Why is the burden of ONE Nigeria always on the South?

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets and made a fugitive in his supposed fatherland.

Yes, subsequently Easterners were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of their people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments. While NigerDeltans were brainwashed through series of well oiled propaganda to see the Igbos as their enemies and root cause of their problem. While the alien term SS came into being to copiously highlight the divide always.

SouthWest were made heroes of their fellow southern brothers woes; but unfortunately were eaten by same tiger they fed. Awolowo was stampeded even to death. And Abiola who had national appeal was not allowed to be. Finally, he became a story and a sentence in the past amidst laughter from the lords of Nigeria.

Obasanjo thrived with the hides and shadow of late Shehu Yar'adua(progenitor of the powerful Kaduna mafia). He is a cat with nine lives. He had his bread buttered by the gods but choose to dine with devil and became lord of demons. Blood of the innocents especially from the creeks cries around him for vengeance.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like Igbo. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office. We all know our position back in the years.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any Southerner rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget
the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co. Boys talk; men act.

The North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South. Irrespective of South's discontent with government in power; unless North decide otherwise the government MUST persist.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aabookiii" ruled all my ancestry, my grandfather, my father and now myself, with the country bastardized and in shambles. When will it all end with all the sycophants, and many smart by half people down South?

Is it too much to ask if Nigeria is reduced to regions with a weak central government?

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...

It's well, things happened for a greater purpose. The next chapter has started already, without this election, I doubt if it were possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by atlwireles: 3:26pm On May 15, 2015
Ritchiee:

you are welcome but as much as I love Jonathan, he played the tribal politics and the North capitalised on that..as I said...the big question... how does the South come together politically?a million pound question...

Really? please tell us more
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 15, 2015
atlwireles:

It's well, things happened for a greater purpose. The next chapter has started already, without this election, I doubt if it were possible.

atlwireles:
There's always an element of self delusion among people who believe they ought to be President. There's an underestimation of your opponent and an overestimation of your own abilities. This is compatible with being rich and powerful, the idea that we were blessed by God because we deserve to be blessed.
Jimmy Carter

APC when una go wake up?

. . . .APC never wake?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
see eh, truth be told, when it comes to politics, no region knows it better than the north. They so much love and soak themselves in politics nd also know how to play the game. An average northerner will prefer to buy a world receiver radio to be aware of what is goingonin the political hemisphere while his Southern counterpart will procure a smartphone for pinging...

Every of the 3 major tribes had one area they were good at. The north chose politics. And they are very good at it. They can sacrifice a lot for power to come to the north more than any region can..

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by XRAY21(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:
Usually bullsh.it, you should make Jonathan ezi ndibo of your land if you so much need him.

get lost. son of devil
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by XRAY21(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

get lost. son of the devil
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by XRAY21(m): 4:02pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I pray you see beyond your nose soonest...this is no longer about Jonathan my dear...why not read and understand this message with an open mind?...thanks
he did not even read the write up b4 he commented o
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 4:09pm On May 15, 2015
frodobee:

Mr Mynd you are arguing for and against. You said Nigeria cannot be regionalized- a good point and he countered it, and then you came up with this point qouted. Can't you see in the quoted that there is bias for regionalism in your post? Also, according to history books Nigeria witnessed massive growth during the era of regional govt.are you going to disprove or shed more light on that?
Did you see the "oops"?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 4:11pm On May 15, 2015
Afam4eva:

Regionalizing and tribalising the country is not the same thing. Why must SW equate to Yoruba and SE Igbo? That's the mistake we keep making in this country. Regionalism is just a way for regions (not tribes ) to control what is in their territory and whatever is gotten from it will be for everyone who lives in that region.
I am not against federalism. I am for total resource control by each states sef. But what we are seeing is federalism championed by tribalism. That is wrong...

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 4:13pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
N.AKED Lecturer Boy(NLB). grin

You've deleted your naked pictures from the internet yet? C'mon ! Bro, you're fuccking naked before us so your opinion is full of bullshiit and can be trashed into the trashcan.

You too now has the guts to talk tough when men are talking ?

Mehn ,Seun should stage a real life duel with these iidiots let's see who the real men are . grin
Hopeless jangbajantis boy.
You are still having delusions? Go see a shrink abeg

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apc Governors Visit Oba Of Benin (pics) / Buhari Proposes N7.2trn Budget For 2017 / Umahi: Ebonyi People Marginalised By Igbos, Will Never Be Part Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.