Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (250694 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nothing will change with the NFF
[/size]
Without a strategic action plan by the NFF, nothing will change
An example of lack of planning is the payment of three months advance salary to coach Sunday Oliseh and his crew - how do you spend money you have not earned?

By Prof Patrick Omo-Osagie
The Nigerian Football Federation board is nearing a year in office and I am still trying to understand if they are resolving or solving a problem in Nigerian football. On the resumption of the board, the president Amaju Pinnick gave us the impression that this board will be different. This board will befriend big corporations and bring them in as partners, the board will be transparent in its financial dealings and the board promised us a blueprint on the way forward for Nigerian football.
Here is what we know that this board has done – fired coach Stephen Keshi, rehired Keshi, gave him a new contract and then fired him again. The board has taken football referees to London for capacity building; they have taken some coaches and retired players also to London for football match reading course, and acquired the football software PROZONE. This new energetic board has also fired the Super Falcons coach, and we hear they are thinking of hiring a European to replace the local coach. We also hear that they are interested in hiring Europeans to coach our junior teams. This week they have hired a new coach for the Super Eagles, another Nigerian living abroad with impeccable paper qualifications and a European assistant to help him teach the game. When you look at what this federation is doing, you might be as confused as I am; are they resolving or solving football problems in Nigeria?
These two words (resolve & solve) are synonymous, interchangeable but I will for this article use them in different ways. For now the board has resolved the problem of coaching the Super Eagles, they have successfully replaced a coach that this board did not hire and did not want. Nothing wrong with not wanting a coach you did not hire; a board comes into office having their own ideas of football and a coach is the face of their football ideology. So this board has resolved this problem by hiring Sunday Oliseh. But his hiring has opened up a slew of existing problems that need to be solved and solved fast, or this board will go down as just another Nigerian Football Federation board that is ill-equipped for the serious job of football development.
In management, the process of solving problems is done in six steps; recognize the existence of a problem, gather the facts and data of the problem, create and develop strategic action plan (SAP), implement the plan (SAP), assess after the fact the effectiveness of plan (SAP), and take corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of the problem.
When this board came into being, they recognized that Nigerian football is in trouble, deep trouble. Low on commercial patronage, no real financial source outside the federal government, zero financial accountability or good financial planning, player bonus issues, poorly trained referees and coaches and a federation technologically in the last century. From what the board did in its first few months, showed us that they recognized some of our football problems.
Let me skip the second step in problem solving and go to the third step and ask if this board actually created and developed a strategic action plan to solve Nigerian football problems. I have my doubts if they created some strategic action plan, I might be wrong, but the way they have tried to solve problems might bear me out that they do not have a well thought out plan to solve our football problems. Let me cite an example of a lack of strategic action planning; the NFF sent several referees to England for a refresher course (capacity building). If they researched on how to build good referees, they would have found that good referees are made through continuous forensic match evaluations and not on a one time winter trip to London. A good plan would have been to hire a referees’ assessor working in Nigeria and evaluating referees weekly.
Another example of a lack of an action plan is the paying of three months advance salary to Coach Oliseh and his crew. How in the world would you have that in a good financial plan, how do you spend money you have not earned or how do you pay for no service rendered? There is no strategic action plan that would suggest such. This NFF is again doing things on the fly.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13684982
.....continue in the next post
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
.....continue from the last post
[b][size=14pt]
Nothing will change with the NFF
[/size]

[img][/img]

Without a strategic action plan, you cannot properly implement what you did not plan for. The NFF is doing what they like, what is politically expedient; sending referees of their choice or coaches of their choice for capacity building. No one knows the criteria for selecting attendees for these London trips; that is a lack of a plan. Making correct assessment of the effectiveness of some of the actions this federation has taken is almost impossible; the referees are rumoured to be doing well, but is it capacity building or more security at game venues? Our coaches are still having problems making in-game adjustments despite the match reading course in London or the purchase of the PROZONE football software. We wait in a couple of years if the change in Super Eagles coaching is effective or not, but the contract term (three years) for the new coach suggests in my view a lack of strategic planning.
Let me conclude, watching this NFF board is like watching every other NFF board that I have followed in Nigeria; this board never put out a strategic action plan of what they intend to do with the money we earned from the 2014 World Cup (what we hear was the fall out between the president and former secretary general), we have no further details of the terms and conditions of the new Super Eagles coach, we still hear that player bonuses are unpaid, we hear some of the trips for capacity building are sponsored by private companies but the companies are kept as a secret (so how do we say thank you?) and we are still waiting for a financial audit promised at the resumption of the board.
My fellow countrymen that love Nigerian football, nothing has changed and as much as I hate using clichés, “fail to plan, plan to fail” is appropriate for Nigerian football. This board has a tremendous chance at changing football for good in Nigeria, but not having or building a blueprint, a STRATEGIC ACTION PLAN (SAP) to guide us in solving our football problems will haunt them for the rest of their term in office.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13684982
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh seeks reconciliation between NFF and Enyeama
[/size]
The newly appointed coach of the country’s senior national team is hoping for a swift resolution between both parties ahead Tanzania game
By Shina Oludare

Super Eagles’ head coach Sunday Oliseh is hoping to find a lasting panacea to the uproar between the Nigeria Football Federation and captain Vincent Enyeama. The Lille OSC goalkeeper could face a lengthy ban for not showing up to explain his remark against the NFF’s choice of Ahmadu Stadium, Kaduna for Eagles game against Chad.
Nigeria’s next game in the Africa Cup of Nations is against Tanzania in September and the new Eagles’ handler who sees Enyeama as one of the best goalkeepers in Africa has promised to meet with both parties towards getting the matter resolved on time.
“This is a touchy issue and one has to be careful how he treads on this. The first thing to do is to hear both sides. I have already spoken to the federation and they provided some very tangible reasons for the steps they took,” Oliseh said onSuperSports.
“However, when Enyeama made that statement, he was and is still the captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
“You cannot forbid the captain from speaking out; it becomes autocratic if you do that and I would not want to do that as a coach.
“But at the same time, we can also caution and say ‘we don’t want such kinds of utterances because it may bring about a negative effect or whatever’.
“I however think that he may have spoken out because of what he had already discussed with his teammates.
“Maybe he spoke out on behalf of his teammates and I don’t think we should stop someone from speaking out when he’s the captain.
“However we cannot have all the players speaking out because that would be tantamount to chaos.
“I will speak to the captain and we will look at the way forward because I still view him as one of the best goalkeepers we have,” he concluded.
It will be recalled that Ogenyi Onazi, who was sent off against Les Sao has been issued a letter of reprimand, ordered to produce a written apology and fined the sum of $5,000.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13686812
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nigeria international Ahmed Musa scored in the Russia Premier League new season as CSKA Moscow edged rivals Rubin Kazan 1-0 on Saturday. Musa’s 87th minute strike was all the Leonid Slutsky’s men needed to pin down Rinat Bilyaletdinov’s side at the Arena Khimki.

The hosts dominated from the start and created a series of chances in front of their home supporters with midfielders Pontus Wernbloom and Zoran Tosic hitting the woodwork on three occasions between them in the first half.

The 2014 champions squandered further chances after the break before Musa received a clever back-heel by Georgi Milanov in the area and crashed the ball past goalkeeper Sergei Ryzhikov with three minutes to go.

The Nigerian is expected to lead his side’s front line against Sparta Prague in the Champions League third qualifying round later this month.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2015
Daninya11:
Nigeria international Ahmed Musa scored in the Russia Premier League new season as CSKA Moscow edged rivals Rubin Kazan 1-0 on Saturday. Musa’s 87th minute strike was all the Leonid Slutsky’s men needed to pin down Rinat Bilyaletdinov’s side at the Arena Khimki.

The hosts dominated from the start and created a series of chances in front of their home supporters with midfielders Pontus Wernbloom and Zoran Tosic hitting the woodwork on three occasions between them in the first half.

The 2014 champions squandered further chances after the break before Musa received a clever back-heel by Georgi Milanov in the area and crashed the ball past goalkeeper Sergei Ryzhikov with three minutes to go.

The Nigerian is expected to lead his side’s front line against Sparta Prague in the Champions League third qualifying round later this month.
The problem with this guy is his lack of consistency. By now I expect bigger and larger nets being set to trap this big and promising fish by bigger clubs.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:59am On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA to elect new president Feb 26
[/size]

By Joe Apu
The FIFA Executive Committee has fixed February 26, 2016 as the date for the election of the new FIFA president.
At the extraordinary meeting of the World soccer ruling body, which was chaired by its President, Josep Sepp Blatter, the committee agreed important reforms to be submitted for decision to the upcoming extraordinary congress, underlining FIFA’s commitment to better governance and greater accountability.
According to reports monitored on fifa.com, the reform topics proposed include enhanced centralized integrity checks for Executive Committee members, the introduction of term limits, higher standards of governance at all levels of football structures, including confederations and member associations, as well as individual disclosure of compensation.
The members it was gathered welcomed the presentation on reforms delivered by Domenico Scala, independent chairman of the Audit and Compliance Committee.
The Executive Committee, supported by the confederations, reiterated its unity and stated its firm commitment to reforms. The executive also stressed its full cooperation with the ongoing US and Swiss investigations.
To further strengthen this reform process, it was decided to set up a specific FIFA Task Force ‘Reforms’ to be chaired by a neutral chairman, who should be appointed in consultation with the confederations’ presidents. This task force would be composed of two representatives of each of the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF and UEFA, as well as of one representative from each of CONMEBOL and the OFC. Concrete and comprehensive reform proposals should be elaborated for presentation at the next ordinary FIFA Executive Committee meeting, scheduled to be held in Zurich on 24 and 25 September 2015, and thereafter be submitted for approval at the extraordinary Congress.
Meanwhile, FIFA President, Sepp Blatter yesterday stated categorically that he would not be a candidate in the election to find a successor.
“On February 26, FIFA will have a new president,” Blatter told a press conference, where he was repeatedly asked whether he would stand for re-election.
[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/fifa-to-elect-new-president-feb-26/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea to add Victor Moses in deal for Everton star
[/size]
Chelsea are considering throwing in Nigeria winger Victor Moses as part of a deal to lure England and Everton defender John Stones to Stamford Bridge.
‘The Blues’ have already had a 20 million pounds bid for the 21-year-old England star Stones, who is seen as a long-term replacement for skipper John Terry, who has signed a year's extension.
They will now launch a fresh 26 million pounds bid with reports suggesting Everton will only do business if they get 30 million pounds.
According to Mailonline, Chelsea now believe the deal clincher will be to add Victor Moses to their fresh 26 million pounds offer for Stones.
Victor Moses has also been linked with a move to Chelsea’s London rivals Tottenham Hotspur after the possibilities of a return to Stoke City, where he played on loan last season, appear to have diminished.
The Nigeria forward is currently on a pre-season training tour of North America with Chelsea.
Chelsea are considering throwing in Nigeria winger Victor Moses as part of a deal to lure England and Everton defender John Stones to Stamford Bridge.
Spurs bid for Victor Moses
‘The Blues’ have already had a 20 million pounds bid for the 21-year-old England star Stones, who is seen as a long-term replacement for skipper John Terry, who has signed a year's extension.
They will now launch a fresh 26 million pounds bid with reports suggesting Everton will only do business if they get 30 million pounds.
According to Mailonline, Chelsea now believe the deal clincher will be to add Victor Moses to their fresh 26 million pounds offer for Stones.
Victor Moses has also been linked with a move to Chelsea’s London rivals Tottenham Hotspur after the possibilities of a return to Stoke City, where he played on loan last season, appear to have diminished.
The Nigeria forward is currently on a pre-season training tour of North America with Chelsea.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/551636/Chelsea-to-add-Victor-Moses-in-deal-for-Everton-star

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:03am On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles’ call up: Oliseh to meet Ibe
[/size]

New Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has already swung into action to draft quality players to the Super Eagles by setting up a meeting with Liverpool striker Jordan Ibe, AfricanFootball.com reveal.
Ibe’s father is a Nigerian though he had represented England at various age-group levels and Oliseh now wants to convince him his future lies with the Eagles and not England.
Earlier this year, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) hinted the body was making efforts to get Ibe to commit to Nigeria.
And last week, Oliseh said during his media presentation in Abuja Nigeria no longer have top-class performers who could on their own win matches for the country, like was the case in his playing days.
Oliseh had had to wait for Ibe to return to England with Liverpool from their training tour of Asia before he could meet with the versatile forward.
“Oliseh, who has returned to Europe, will meet with Jordan Ibe to convince him he has a brighter future with Nigeria than England,” an official told AfricanFootball.com
The 19-year-old Ibe can play on either wings, as a striker or a playmaker.
Last season, he made his debut for the Liverpool first team after he played on loan at Derby County on loan the previous season.
Samson Siasia also convinced Victor Moses and Shola Ameobi to change their international allegiance with Victor Moses going on to inspire the Eagles to a third AFCON crown in South Africa in 2013.
[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/eagles-call-up-oliseh-to-meet-ibe/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:08am On Jul 21, 2015
Jordan Ibe

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 21, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

The problem with this guy is his lack of consistency. By now I expect bigger and larger nets being set to trap this big and promising fish by bigger clubs.
Yup. I think he is not a lucky guy.
He should have been trapped by bigger clubs long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2015
Daninya11:

Yup. I think he is not a lucky guy.
He should have been trapped by bigger clubs long time ago.
Also aside not been too lucky, he needs to work on some of his difiencies. They are some common mistakes that a player of his calibre should not continue to overlook. There was a time I read his Coach complaining that ' Ahmed Musa makes too many mistakes' which may not be too good for his image.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Also aside not been too lucky, he needs to work on some of his difiencies. They are some common mistakes that a player of his calibre should not continue to overlook. There was a time I read his Coach complaining that ' Ahmed Musa makes too many mistakes' which may not be too good for his image.

Some of his mistakes are grave. missing Clear cut chances, poor decision making with the ball etc. I think there is room for improvement.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ibe keen to fill Sterling void at Liverpool
[/size]
The 19-year-old winger is looking to prove himself to Brendan Rodgers as he looks to achieve more regular playing time in the Premier League in the 2015-16 campaign
By Iain Strachan

Jordon Ibewants to prove himself to Brendan Rodgersas Liverpoolseek to replace Raheem Sterlingfor the new season.
Ibe impressed for the Reds last term after being recalled from his loan spell at Championship side Derby County, featuring in 14 games for the Merseysiders as they finished sixth in the Premier League table.
And when asked about the void left by Sterling's £49 million (€70m) switch to Manchester City, Ibe wished his former team-mate well but now has every intention of seizing the chance to become an Anfield regular.
"He's a good player, I'm happy for him," Ibe told Channel 9.
"It's a chance for me to prove myself to the gaffer and hopefully I can get a chance to play in the Premier League."
Ibe played the full 90 minutes as the Reds defeated Adelaide United 2-0 in Australia on Monday, courtesy of goals from new signings James Milner and Danny Ings, and the 19-year-old is hoping the Reds can carry their pre-season form into the new campaign.
"It's good for all the young players to get out there, especially for me," he said.
"Hopefully, I can do well in the pre-season, improve and show I can play in the first team.
"It's been a lot of hard work, a lot of double sessions, but I'm enjoying the training, hopefully when the season starts we're all fit and we can win games."
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13738732
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Need for Speed: Three strikers set to explode under Oliseh
[/size]
Nigeria's new manager has indicated pace will be his weapon of choice in attack with the Super Eagles, so we take a look at three options he could consider

By Solace Chukwu
The unveiling of Sunday Oliseh as Super Eagles manager was full of interesting soundbites. His assertion that only players strutting their stuff in the topmost divisions would be considered elicited a lot of reactions; as such, something else just as important may have flown under the radar.
His statements on his planned playing style were vague enough to be open to interpretation. However, he was unequivocal when stating his basic criteria for selection in the forward line.
“You cannot play in our attacking line-up if speed is not one of your stronger points,” he stated.
This is perhaps the clearest indication of the sort of personnel choices to expect under the former Super Eagles captain. Pace is a purely physical attribute; you can hone technique and running style, but it is a biological trait rather than a skill. This may seem discriminatory to some; still, it cannot be denied that in modern football, pace is more important than it has ever been.
With this in mind, here are three forwards who are likely to be very influential during Oliseh’s reign.
MOSES SIMON

It has been an eventful 12 months for the 20-year-old Simon, who swapped Slovakian side AS Trencin for Gent in the January transfer window. He had already begun to turn heads, starring in Trencin’s brief Europa League run in the first half of the season.
His impact in Belgium was immediate and decisive. Seven goals and four assists in 19 appearances fired Gent to their first ever domestic title, and earned him his first caps for the Super Eagles in March.
His calling card is his searing pace and acceleration, strengths Gent boss Hein Vanhaezebrouck has used maximally. Often viewed as a winger with Nigeria’s youth teams, he is utilised upfront for the Buffaloes—he seeks to collect the ball in wide positions and run at his direct opponent. His quick feet often make him favourite to dominate in these situations.
Perhaps this is a pointer to how Oliseh might seek to utilise him. Played on the flank, his major flaw is more easily exposed: his decision-making is not yet where it should be, especially if the defending full-back forces him away from goal. However, if played centrally, his options are greatly multiplied.
If Oliseh seeks to use pace and trickery as his weapon of choice, then Simon could become a key component in his Super Eagles attack.
JERRY MBAKOGU

That Carpi will be debuting in Serie A this season owes much to Mbakogu’s goals. The 22-year-old scored 15 times in Serie B to lead the modest Modena outfit to promotion, and has reportedly been catching the eye of giants Napoli in recent months.
The striker is eligible for Italy, having moved there at a young age. He has however indicated his desire to represent the country of his birth, but is yet to be capped at international level.
Oliseh would do well to rectify this oversight as soon as possible. While Mbakogu is the slowest of the three presented here, he is no slouch. At over 6 feet tall, he is an impressive specimen in full flight, an aggressive and powerful runner who displays admirable calm in front of goal.
He has the physicality to lead the line on his own should Oliseh opt for a one-striker system, and also links up well enough to play with a partner. If there is a weakness to his game, it is that he does not always maintain control of the ball as he accelerates; as such, he is a lot more efficient when he can finish within one touch.
He will be strutting his stuff with the big boys in Serie A this term, so there is no danger of him falling short of Oliseh’s eligibility criteria. Call him up!
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13754462
.....continue from the next post
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Need for Speed: Three strikers set to explode under Oliseh
[/size]
Imoh Ezekiel

The reaction to Imoh’s decision to move to Qatari side Al Arabi following a groundbreaking season with Standard Liege was incredulous. Playing football in the Gulf is still somewhat associated with the twilight of a player’s career—hardly a choice destination for a 21-year-old making a name for himself.
Almost inevitably, he found his way back to Standard on loan and was impressive in the second half of the season. He particularly shone in the six-team Championship play-off, scoring four times and laying on two others in eight games.
His destination in the new season remains unclear presently, as rumours continue to link him to Belgian giants Anderlecht. However, if nothing materialises, he will find himself once again at Al Arabi.
Imoh thrives playing on the shoulder of the last defender, drifting into the channel before sprinting in behind. Lightning quick, his footwork is also strong, and he surprisingly scores quite a few headers, despite being only 5’ 6’’. Aside a good leap, he finds space well in the box.
Expectedly, his slight frame makes him a target for brawny centre-backs. While he is unlikely to compete in this situation, his speed on the turn makes him a nightmare to mark tightly.
Imoh possesses just the right set of attributes for a forward role, and he could star for the Super Eagles under Oliseh’s leadership.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13754462
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
I will opine that Sunday Oliseh consider the following players for the team.
1.Victor Moses
2.Simon Moses
3.Jordan Ibe
4.Obafemi Martins
5.Iheanancho Kelechi
6.Success Isaac
7.Raheem Lawal
8.Hope Akpan
9.Rabiu Ibrahim
10.Ramoon Azeez

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Daninya11:
I will opine that Sunday Oliseh consider the following players for the team.
1.Victor Moses
2.Simon Moses
3.Jordan Ibe
4.Obafemi Martins
5.Iheanancho Kelechi
6.Success Isaac
7.Raheem Lawal
8.Hope Akpan
9.Rabiu Ibrahim
10.Ramoon Azeez
Nice list but I still have some reservations concerning Obafemi Martins, age is no longer on his side. Secondly, Ramon Azeez of a guy did not show a glipse of promise when Stephen Keshi gave him a look in at all. He can still perform to wrong my observation though.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Nice list but I still have some reservations concerning Obafemi Martins, age is no longer on his side. Secondly, Ramon Azeez of a guy did not show a glipse of promise when Stephen Keshi gave him a look in at all. He can still perform to wrong my observation though.

Obafemi Martins is doing well in the MLS, he is in top form. Going by what Oliseh said, I see him making it back to the team.
Ramon Azeez has gone through the ranks by playing for the U17 and U20 team before getting a call to the SE. Reports has it that he does well in training, but I can't fathom why he can't replicate that form in matches...
I believe amongst these players I have listed, most of them will get a call up by Sunday Oliseh.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
[size=14pt]
Nigeria for 2018 World Cup draw
[/size]
Nigeria will be represented at Saturday’s 2018 World Cup draw in St. Petersburg, Russia.
AfricanFootball.com has gathered that the Super Eagles will be represented by assistant coach Salisu Yusuf and team secretary Dayo Enebi Achor.
The World Cup qualifiers are due to kick off in Africa in October with the first round fixtures.
The Eagles will be involved in the second round qualifiers, which will be played on a knockout basis in November.
Nigeria reached the Round of 16 at last year’s tournament in Brazil.
The three-time African champions have featured in five World Cups, reaching the knockout stage on three occasions.

africanfootball.com//news/551578/Nigeria-for-2018-World-Cup-draw
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
New Watford up to EPL challenge says Ighalo
[/size]
Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo has told AfricanFootball.com Watford under a new coach and with some signings are ready for the challenges they will face in the new English Premier League season.
Quique Sanchez Flores, who led Atletico Madrid to win the Europa League in 2010, has replaced Slavisa Jokanovic, who guided Watford back to the English top flight after many years in the lower leagues.
Ighalo told AfricanFootball.com Watford have benefitted immensely in a pre-season training camp in Germany and now look forward to playing in the EPL.
"The team is getting along very well. I am getting on well with my teammates, both old and new ones, the adaptation is not a problem because that is why we are all professional, we must adapt everywhere we go and work together as a team,” he said.
"Pre-season has been great for us, the new manager is trying to work on new tactics, we are all happy with the work done so far at Watford.
“We have over two weeks to the EPL kick-off, we got little work to do before then, but I can say we are ready for the battle and challenges in the EPL."
The Nigeria international, who scored 20 goals as Watford won promotion from the English Championship last season, has so far scored six goals in four pre-season friendly matches.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/551763/New-Watford-up-to-EPL-challenge-says-Ighalo
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
[size=14pt]
Omeruo agrees to join Kasimpasa
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

Few days ago young Chelsea defender and Nigeria international Kenneth Omeruo was linked with a move to Turkish Super Lig club Kasimpasa, it has now been confirmed that the youngster has agreed to join the club on a year long loan.
The central defender did not travel with the Chelsea squad for their pre - season tour of Canada and this confirmed that he is surplus to requirement at Stamford Bridge.
So for the third season in a row, Chelsea power brokers have decided to farm the Nigeria national - teamer out on loan for him to continue his development.
The 21 - year - old previously enjoyed loan spells at ADO Den Haag and Middlesbrough, making 69 appearances in total for both clubs.
Kenneth Omeruo is tied to Chelsea until June 30, 2018.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/07/omeruo-agrees-to-join-kasimpasa.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Competition only excites me - Odemwingie
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

Nigeria and Stoke City striker Osaze Odemwingie, has said he isn't intimidated by his club's new signings, and he is happy that those players joined the club.
Stoke signed Joselu, Marco Van Ginkel and 19-year-old winger Moha El Ouarichi from Barcelona.
In a recent interview with stokesentinel.co.uk, Odemwingie asserted that he is pleased with the new signings because they make the team stronger.
“There is a lot of competition, but that only excites me. It means we are going to do well as a group.
“In my situation, there is a lot of expectation about coming back from injury. That’s probably not what I really need, but I am going to give my best.
“Knowing there are people who will do well means we are going to have a good season, secure our Premier League status again… and then go for the extras.
“We will all get game time. It’s rare for one player to be in top form all season. Some were good at the end, some were good at the beginning but everyone has his time to stake his claim and everyone has a part to play.
“We had a successful season last year and it’s still our success. I didn’t play a lot of games, but it’s our group and I’m part of it. I was happy that the group won. That’s the same with Bojan too. All my head’s been in the new season.
“There will be spells when I will be scoring goals and there will be spells when it will be someone else. It is all that joined together that will hopefully make us a top 10 team again.”
Hi, My name is Seyi and I have a very important message I will like to share with you. Read messageOdemwingie who scored five times last season with Stoke expressed his desire to score more goals.
“I’ve been desperate to score even in pre-season. Maybe I have been in too much of a hurry. They are only friendlies, but it’s still important for me to score.
“I’m happy I signed a new contract so I can play because I didn’t want to end my Stoke days without a goal after that injury. It’s going to come one way or the other. I’m sure of it.”
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/07/competition-only-excites-me-odemwingie.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
I rejected Super Eagles Job offer at first - Oliseh
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

The Super Eagles of Nigeria Coach, Sunday Oliseh has revealed that he initially refused the offer by the NFF to coach the National Team.
According to Oliseh when he was offered the job his first thought and reply was “no I am not interested.”
Oliseh wrote on his website;
When I was proposed the job,my first thought and reply was; “no I am not interested” but after a second thought and discussions with Family and close confidants, I could not help but go back on my decision as I decided to borrow a leaf from the new president of Nigeria, President Mohammadu Buhari who at over 70 is bent on trying to bring about change and better the lives of his compatriots.
Acknowledging the intricacy of the job he accepted, Oliseh promised to give nothing below his best.
It is an uphill task that could blow away the good name that God blessed one with but If there is one thing everyone can be rest assured coming from me will be the input of 150% of my efforts to improve what we have.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/07/i-rejected-super-eagles-job-offer-at.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: NFF - Nigeria Aiming to Win FIFA World Cup
[/size]
By Duro Ikhazuagbe
First Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Seyi Akinwunmi, has reiterated that the plan of the present board and management of the federation is to win the FIFA World Cup for Nigeria.
Akinwunmi said this on Sunday in Port Harcourt while addressing players and officials of the U-23 National Team, Dream Team, after its 2-1 victory over Congo in an African U-23 Championship qualifying game.
"We believe that one day very soon, Nigeria can win the FIFA World Cup. In fact the plan of the present NFF is to win the FIFA World Cup. What has been lacking much of the time has been the passion for the badge on your chest," observed Akinwunmi while praising the Dream Team VI players for their gallant display against the Congolese.
The NFF first vice president challenged the boys to go to Congo and outscore the Devils so as to make sure of a place at the 2nd African U-23 Championship which serves as Africa's final qualifier for the three teams to represent the continent at RIO 2016 Olympic football event in Brazil.
Meanwhile, Nigeria will be represented at Saturday's 2018 World Cup draw in St. Petersburg, Russia. NFF sources hinted last night that Super Eagles will be represented by assistant coach Salisu Yusuf and team secretary Dayo Enebi Achor.
The World Cup qualifiers are due to kick off in Africa in October with the first round fixtures.
The Eagles will be involved in the second round qualifiers, which will be played on a knockout basis in November. Nigeria reached the Round of 16 at last year's tournament in Brazil.
The three-time African champions have featured in five World Cups, reaching the knockout stage on three occasions.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201507211024.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Scotland launch pad to England for Oshaniwa - Hearts boss
[/size]
Hearts of Midlothian coach Robbie Nielson has said Nigeria defender Juwon Oshaniwa hopes to use the Scottish league to make his way to England.
“He wants to come to Scotland and he sees it as a stepping stone to get himself down to England to a good level,” Neilson said.
“A lot of the boys we have are like that – they want to make the next step. This is an opportunity for them to go and do that.”
The Hearts boss restated the class of the Nigeria World Cup star.
"He (Oshaniwa) will bring pace, he’ll bring power, he’ll be defensively good and he’ll be a good leader in the team,” he remarked.
“He’s someone the young players here are going to look up to. I think he’ll be one of the better left-backs in this league, that’s for sure.”
Oshaniwa is still waiting to get his visa stamped over in Abuja and has missed virtually all of Hearts’ pre-season preparations by the time he arrives in Scotland.
He has been working by himself in Abuja and following a fitness programme sent to him by
his new club.
“He’s doing a bit of fitness work by himself in Nigeria,” explained Neilson.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/551651/Scotland-launch-pad-to-England-for-Oshaniwa-Hearts-boss
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Kpakor backs Sunday Oliseh
By: Andrew Randa
[/size]

Former BCC Lions captain Moses Kpakor has backed new Super Eagles head coach Sunday Oliseh to do well with the national team.
Kpakor, who also played for the Super Eagles at some point in his career, told supersport.com that Oliseh has the requisite qualification for the Eagles job and hopes it pans out well for the former Juventus man.
Oliseh was unveiled as the Super Eagles coach last Wednesday after the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) sacked Stephen Keshi after he purportedly applied for the vacant Ivory Coast job while still under contract with the federation
“Yes, Oliseh has the personal experience to step on the hot seat and coach the Super Eagles at this stage,” Kpakor said.
"He is a licensed coach with a perfect football education and I cannot ask for more.
“However, the way he plays his politics with the NFF men at the Glass House may or may not mar this worthy appointment.
"I think this is the only area I’ll hold my breath for now. But I wish him the best."
When probed further on what he meant by politics with the NFF, Kpakor said Oliseh needs to thread the NFF’s path with wisdom or he will get the same treatment as his predecessor.
“To tell you the truth I’m still very angry with the way Keshi was sacked. I don’t want a repeat of that with Oliseh hence I advocated wisdom.
“What I meant by that is that with Oliseh’s knowledge as an ex-player and a top licensed coach against the football knowledge of NFF members, there has to be some symbiosis.
“Their school of thoughts are totally different, that is what I meant.
“If both parties can bring their respective knowledge and agree on it in the interest of Nigeria, then the coach will succeed.
“But if they both disagree as there is clear personality and football education levels, then the coach may not succeed. I hope they can work their differences out."
[/b]

mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/150720/Kpakor_backs_Sunday_Oliseh
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh and The Naked Reality of Nigerian Football
[/size]
Ako Amadi is a Harvard educated student of the game and a die hard Eagles fan. Here he examines what he calls the reality of Nigerian football for supersport.com. Though he points out many flaws in the system he still thinks NFF big wig Pinnick is a visionary and that a changed Oliseh can succeed
A recent statement by a Dutch former manager of Nigeria’s Super Eagles, Johannes Bonfrere to the effect that only a foreigner could coach the national team, appears to corroborate what the FA Chairman Amaju Pinnick has been broadcasting for some years now.
Bonfrere Jo’s brutal opinion is not surprisingly popular with quite a number of Nigerians. But in a volte-face the NFF has appointed a foreign-based Nigerian with a Belgian passport, Sunday Oliseh as Super Eagles manager. The young man is definitely a shot in the arm, but maybe not the ultimate choice of the NFF. At best, Oliseh will function as a stopgap façade, a scapegoat alibi, programmed for failure to justify the hiring of a ‘white coach’ in the future.
Perhaps the NFF doesn’t know it, but Nigerian professionals are employed in positions of authority and leadership in the most advanced nations of the world. Many of these are not Nigerians born in the UK or US, and brought up on bread and butter, but our nationals from remote villages and abject poverty, pulling themselves up by their bootstraps through indigenous institutions, and succeeding when given opportunities abroad.
The persistent howling for foreigners to coach football in Nigeria reflects the poor capacity development both of indigenous managers in the field, as well as those in the sports offices of Nigeria. It is an uncomfortable debate. The administration of football in the country has bred a lack of cultural confidence spiced with inferiority complex.

I look at this recent photograph of Bonfrere Jo (above with Oliseh) in the dailies, and it reminds of blues lyrics by Johnny Winter warning everyone to: ‘Be careful with a fool. You know, someday he may get smart.’ Bonfrere Jo never again succeeded with another country after leaving Nigeria, and would like to come back to improve his CV. Neither did Westerhof. It is Nigeria that made Bonfrere and Westerhof known in the world of football, and not the other way round.
In 1996, Clemens Westerhof was quoted in a German weekly, Der Spiegel to have said that Nigeria is made up “50 percent drug dealers and 50 percent fantastic footballers.” I had expected at the time, that the Nigerian ambassador in Germany would have alerted the security authorities to query him on these derogatory and damaging remarks. Nothing happened.

Bora Milutinovic (above) went further to attribute the Eagles’ ouster at the France World Cup to “a culture of witchcraft and superstition inherent in Nigeria.”I recall that both coaches left the team as soon as Nigeria was knocked out, without the courtesy of accompanying the despondent players back to Nigeria. That is the kind of respect Nigeria gets from foreign coaches.
Sunday Oliseh is currently enjoying a honeymoon with the NFF, whose chairman thinks football is a picnic in the park. Mr. Pinnick has been consistent in his assertion that he will build a ‘sustainable football culture’ in Nigeria. Talk is cheap! While a gap between rhetoric and reality exists, Pinnick is a visionary, and we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, and wait patiently for results, depending on how long he can remain in office.
Amaju Pinnick has traveled to Europe and South America since he took office, saw best practice, and yet we’re still playing international football on pitches that resemble cassava plantations, with miserable crowds of less than 5,000, watching a load of rubbish being served up by the national teams of Nigeria. No wonder, Mr Pinnick recently declared the NFF broke. I admire his honesty. But where has the NFF raised what funds for football? Getting state governors to purchase 40,000 tickets and then letting people in free is good politics but bad economics. People in Nigeria must be made to realize that football is a business that cannot be had for free.
[/b]

mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/150721/Oliseh_and_the_naked_reality_of_Nigerian_football
.....continue in the next post
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh and the Naked Reality of Nigerian Football
[/size]
Governors could provide good pitches, less predatory and extortionist security personnel and medical facilities, parking lots not only for what we describe in this country as VIPs, food and drinks to buy, toilets, access to tickets, days before match day, easy entry and exit from the stands at Nigerian football stadiums. These are simple and basic decencies that incentivize people and their families to go to a soccer game.
I was at the Abuja National Stadium to watch the Super Falcons play Equatorial Guinea last week. The stadium scoreboard did not function, so nobody gave us the line-up, not even through a public address system. As the players wore no names on their shirts, the sparse crowd did not know who played or scored. A foreign friend on a recent posting to Abuja, asked me which team was Nigeria! The only service provided at the stadium was loud, ear-splitting disco music. What has the NFF over the years done with the FIFA funds for the development of football? Does the NFF have an annual report, with audited accounts?
If Pinnick had the time for a course in football administration, I’d advise him to go to Germany, precisely to the DFB, the German Football Federation in Frankfurt, and the Sports Institute at the University of Cologne. Pinnick would note the triangular relationship between industry and marketing, people and soccer. He will see the progress of sports science and physical education and the harmonization of coaching in a country. Maybe he could also talk to grounds men and find out how football pitches are prepared and maintained, and arrange for Nigerian grounds men to benefit from courses, starting with internships at NIHORT, the Nigerian Institute for Horticulture, Ibadan. Our NFF leader would also note the impacts of meticulous data collection and knowledge management in Germany.
In his press briefing, Sunday Oliseh fired a few wild salvos of euphoria. First he will not have any player below first division in his side; then he wants Nigeria to play like Germany; third the Eagles must play a quick passing game; His fourth declaration was rather unfortunate. In a barbed comment directed at the present Super Eagles, Oliseh said he was sure Nigeria had the player reservoir, but not outstanding footballers. I should have expected better manners and composure from a former professional footballer about to take on his first job as a national team manager. Somebody should give Sunday Oliseh a brief lecture in psychology and pedagogy and check his blood pressure, else his ego could get on the nerves of players and cause the Eagles to implode.

Does Oliseh believe that the first division in Belgium, Scotland or Sweden is on the same level as the English, Spanish and Italian premier leagues? Nigerians mention the stellar performance of the class of ’94 Eagles (above) reiteratively, as though that crop of players won the FIFA World Cup. Oliseh forgets that in that group, Nwanu, Amokachi, Siasia, Keshi, Eguavoen and himself were playing for obscure Belgian clubs. Only Stephen Keshi was in the better known Anderlecht. Yekini and Amuneke were at Setubal and Lisbon in Portugal, with Okocha at Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany where the star was the Ghanaian, Tony Yeboah, and Jay Jay sat mostly on the reserve bench. The goalie, Peter Rufai was with Dragons in Cotonou. Finidi and Iroha were just moving to Ajax and Vitesse in the Netherland, respectively. Mike Emenalo, formerly of Enugu Rangers was actually clubless just before the 1994 World Cup, studying for a business degree in the US. Uche Okechukwu was playing in Denmark before he landed at Fenerbace in Turkey.
What Nigeria needs is a coach that is able to polish rough diamonds, not one that demands players arrive in camp, already as shining stars from top flight clubs in Europe. Backed to the hilt by the Vice-president of Nigeria, Admiral Aikhomu, Clemens Westerhof (below) was given five long years to correct mistakes and mould nobodies into a formidable team. This is what Sunday Oliseh must emulate..

[/b]

mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/150721/Oliseh_and_the_naked_reality_of_Nigerian_football
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh and the Naked Reality of Nigerian Football
[/size]
Governors could provide good pitches, less predatory and extortionist security personnel and medical facilities, parking lots not only for what we describe in this country as VIPs, food and drinks to buy, toilets, access to tickets, days before match day, easy entry and exit from the stands at Nigerian football stadiums. These are simple and basic decencies that incentivize people and their families to go to a soccer game.
I was at the Abuja National Stadium to watch the Super Falcons play Equatorial Guinea last week. The stadium scoreboard did not function, so nobody gave us the line-up, not even through a public address system. As the players wore no names on their shirts, the sparse crowd did not know who played or scored. A foreign friend on a recent posting to Abuja, asked me which team was Nigeria! The only service provided at the stadium was loud, ear-splitting disco music. What has the NFF over the years done with the FIFA funds for the development of football? Does the NFF have an annual report, with audited accounts?
If Pinnick had the time for a course in football administration, I’d advise him to go to Germany, precisely to the DFB, the German Football Federation in Frankfurt, and the Sports Institute at the University of Cologne. Pinnick would note the triangular relationship between industry and marketing, people and soccer. He will see the progress of sports science and physical education and the harmonization of coaching in a country. Maybe he could also talk to grounds men and find out how football pitches are prepared and maintained, and arrange for Nigerian grounds men to benefit from courses, starting with internships at NIHORT, the Nigerian Institute for Horticulture, Ibadan. Our NFF leader would also note the impacts of meticulous data collection and knowledge management in Germany.
In his press briefing, Sunday Oliseh fired a few wild salvos of euphoria. First he will not have any player below first division in his side; then he wants Nigeria to play like Germany; third the Eagles must play a quick passing game; His fourth declaration was rather unfortunate. In a barbed comment directed at the present Super Eagles, Oliseh said he was sure Nigeria had the player reservoir, but not outstanding footballers. I should have expected better manners and composure from a former professional footballer about to take on his first job as a national team manager. Somebody should give Sunday Oliseh a brief lecture in psychology and pedagogy and check his blood pressure, else his ego could get on the nerves of players and cause the Eagles to implode.

Does Oliseh believe that the first division in Belgium, Scotland or Sweden is on the same level as the English, Spanish and Italian premier leagues? Nigerians mention the stellar performance of the class of ’94 Eagles (above) reiteratively, as though that crop of players won the FIFA World Cup. Oliseh forgets that in that group, Nwanu, Amokachi, Siasia, Keshi, Eguavoen and himself were playing for obscure Belgian clubs. Only Stephen Keshi was in the better known Anderlecht. Yekini and Amuneke were at Setubal and Lisbon in Portugal, with Okocha at Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany where the star was the Ghanaian, Tony Yeboah, and Jay Jay sat mostly on the reserve bench. The goalie, Peter Rufai was with Dragons in Cotonou. Finidi and Iroha were just moving to Ajax and Vitesse in the Netherland, respectively. Mike Emenalo, formerly of Enugu Rangers was actually clubless just before the 1994 World Cup, studying for a business degree in the US. Uche Okechukwu was playing in Denmark before he landed at Fenerbace in Turkey.
What Nigeria needs is a coach that is able to polish rough diamonds, not one that demands players arrive in camp, already as shining stars from top flight clubs in Europe. Backed to the hilt by the Vice-president of Nigeria, Admiral Aikhomu, Clemens Westerhof (below) was given five long years to correct mistakes and mould nobodies into a formidable team. This is what Sunday Oliseh must emulate..

[/b]

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea's Kenneth Omeruo completes loan move
[/size]

By Joe Sharratt
Turkish side Kasimpasa have completed the signing of Chelsea's Nigerian international defender Kenneth Omeruoon a season-long loan deal.
The 21-year-old joined Chelsea in 2012, but he is yet to make a Premier League appearance for the Blues, and spent last season on loan with Middlesbrough.
"The target is to get a lot of playing time and help Kasimpasa achieve their objectives. I've come to Turkey to reciprocate the club's determination to bring me here," Omeruo toldBBC Sport.
"I want to show the manager and the fans that they have made a good choice and I am completely focused on breaking into the squad and prove myself here.
"They have strong faith in my ability and I need to prove it. Last season was difficult because of injuries which affected me both at club and international level but I have put all that behind me."
Omeruo has 28 caps for his country, and started all four of Nigeria's games at the 2014 World Cup.
[/b]

www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/chelseas-omeruo-completes-loan-move_234635.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Salami Dreams Eagles Shirt Under Oliseh
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Super Eagles striker Gbolahan Salami hopes his performances in the few games he has played for the Super Eagles and also his good form for club, Warri Wolves, are enough to guarantee him a place in the national team under the reins of Sunday Oliseh.
The striker is mindful of competition for shirts in the Eagles and he tells Comple tesportsnigeria.com that he will keep working hard at his game.
“There is a new coach and the desire to be in the national team is there. Players will hope to impress him (Oliseh).
“For me, I will keep working on my game at my club, believing it will be good enough to earn me future invitations.
“I have played a couple of games for the national team and I look forward to working with coach Sunday Oliseh,” the former U23 star tells Comple tesportsnigeria.com.
Salami scored the first of Nigeria’s goals in the 2-0 win against Chad in the Eagles’ first game of the 2017 AFCON qualifiers on June 13.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/salami-dreams-eagles-shirt-under-oliseh/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:48am On Jul 22, 2015
[size=14pt]
Peter Utaka still scoring goals in Japan
[/size]
Nigeria striker Peter Utaka has proved he can score anywhere in the world as he has now netted his seventh goal for his latest club Shimizu S-Pulse in the J1 League in Japan.
The 31-year-old Utaka has played and scored in Belgium, Denmark and China.
Utaka grabbed a brace for Shimizu S-Pulse as they drew 2-2 at home against Nagoya Grampus Eight.
The former OB Odense striker scored in the 47th minute to give his team a 1-0 lead after the first half ended goalless.
He went on to complete a brace in the 70th minute to give his team 2-1 lead.
Milivoje Novakovic equalised for Nagoya Grampus to deny Utaka and his teammates victory.
It was his 14th game for the Japanese team as the league in that country entered its second stage.

thenationonlineng.net/peter-utaka-still-scoring-goals-in-japan/

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (161) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.