Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (258173 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Manager hails Super Eagles star, Imoh’s move to Belgian side
[/size]
Single-cap Nigerian forward, Imoh Ezekiel, was unveiled as an Anderlecht player on Wednesday.
His manager, Gafar Liameed, described the move as good for the player and for Nigeria.
Anderlecht sold Aleksandar Mitrovic to Newcastle for about 18 million Euro but moved swiftly in the transfer window to bring in a replacement in the Nigerian.
Ezekiel has played in Belgium since 2012, except for a six-month spell with Qatari club, Al Arabi in 2014.
Liameed told PREMIUM TIMES that his ward made the right decision in the end as two Russian sides, Locomotiv Moscow, and Dinamo Moscow, offered more money for the striker.
“It is a good move for Imoh and Nigeria in the end,” Liameed said. “My Belgian partner, Michele Saggase, and I advised him that it was better for his career to continue in Belgium – a place he is already familiar with and where he is already a relative success.”
Imoh played 93 league games for Standard Liege, including half of last season and scored 35 goals – helping them to the league title in the 2013/14 season.
Liameed also explained that Imoh is on loan from Al Arabi, who still owns his contract.
“I went to Qatar like thrice to see him playing for Al Arabi, and even though the league is thriving, it is not on the same level with that of Belgium,” Liammed said. “So we advised him that at his age and for his career, he needed to come back to mainland Europe.
“He heeded that advise and that is why he spent the second half of last season with Standard, who wanted him to extend the loan deal but were not able to match Anderlecht’s offer.”
The 21-year old is also expected to be part of the Samson Siasia-led U-23 national team. He told his new club’s website that he joined to win titles.
“I am very happy to be here and I’m glad that I’ve been offered a chance to play for the best club in the country,” he said. “If you play for the best club that means you want to win a prize.
“I hope we can do that this season and that we can qualify for the Champions League. I hope to help with that by scoring a lot of goals.”
[/b]

www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/187150-manager-hails-super-eagles-star-imohs-move-to-belgian-side.html

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Need U-23 Players – Okpara
[/size]
Ex-Super Eagles goalkeeper, Willy Okpara has called for a gradual promotion of some members of the National U-23 team to the Super Eagles.
Okpara, who is the Team Manager of Orlando Pirates FC told SportsDay that it would have been a good kick off for the new Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh if he had been In Port Harcourt to access the new young under 23 players.
According to Okpara “The present U-23 team players are good. They really impressed me during their game against Congo. I will suggest that the core of the U-23 team be sent to the Super Eagles,” he said
“The selected U-23 players should join the younger players in the Eagles and we will have a formidable National team,’’ he said.
Apart from the under 23, he also suggested that the present National U-17 team should be promoted to the U-20 while the U-20 team moves up to become the new U-23 team.
“I believe that with this process, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will not lack players to constitute the National teams. Nigeria is blessed with abundant stars, ready to do the nation proud,’’ he said.
“I am happy NFF has wonderful handers to manage the national teams and to the best of my knowledge they are all doing well in their perceptive teams, I give them kudos,”
He said that this could forestall the frequent disbanding of the national teams, only to start rebuilding with brand new players.
Speaking on Sunday Oliseh’s appointment Okpara said that his appointment as Eagles’ head coach was a step in the right direction.
“He is the best so far. Sunny does not take nonsense from anybody and he is the best for the nation. I appeal to the NFF to give him the free hand to work and he will deliver,’’ he said.
[/b]

sportsdayonline.com/eagles-need-u-23-players-okpara/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Keshi Drags NFF To CAS
[/size]
-Coach’s Lawyer Writes To Glasshouse
Immediate past coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi has proved true to his word about suing Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) over the decision to terminate his contract, as the gaffer’s lawyer has written to the soccer governing body to inform them that the tactician has dragged them before Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
In what is confirmation of an earlier story by SportsDay in the past week, it was gathered that Keshi has accused the NFF of defamation of character and wrongful dismissal.
A source inside The Glasshouse confirmed to SportsDay late Thursday that they have indeed received the letter from Keshi’s lawyer, in which the coach is seeking damages for alleged falsehood from the NFF in order to bring him down and terminate his contract.
Although the source did not confirm when the letter was received or state a fixed date for commencement of hearing, it was learnt further that Keshi may also seek financial compensation for the damages he says the NFF of committed against him.
“It is true that Keshi has gone to CAS,” the source stated. “The letter from his lawyer has been received at the NFF and we are already working on our response.
“Among other things, Keshi is accusing the NFF of lying about his application for the job with Football Ivorien Federation and that his name was maligned in various dimensions as well.”
[/b]

sportsdayonline.com/keshi-drags-nff-to-cas/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh: I’m Tracking Nigerian Players In Europe
[/size]
Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has revealed that he has already swung to action by monitoring Nigerian players in Europe.
The former Nigeria captain was recently given a three-year contract as successor to Stephen Keshi.
He has called on Nigerians to rally round his new team as he prepares for the busy schedule ahead.
Nigeria will travel to Tanzania in September for a crucial 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier and will tackle Burkina Faso over two legs in October for the Africa Nations Championship qualifiers, while the second round of the African qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup is scheduled for November.
“We have no choice but to hit the ground running, “Oliseh told the Nigeria Football Federation website on Thursday.
“Jean Francois (first assistant) and I have been busy combing and tracking players in Europe while Salisu Yusuf has been doing same with our home-based stars. Alloy Agu, who is still involved with the U-23 team, will join him once they conclude their qualifiers against Congo.”
Oliseh says every member of his crew must be on their toes because of the very busy schedule, as the Burkina Faso game comes quickly on the heels of the Tanzania clash.
He added: “We have to cover all grounds and be adequately prepared for all the competitions we are involved in whether it is CHAN, AFCON or World Cup qualifiers.
“Our list of invited players for the CHAN team will be out in the first week of August, while that of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania should be out mid-August.
“We urge everyone to continue to support the team and join their efforts with ours in ensuring that the Super Eagles succeed on all fronts.”
Comple tesportsnigeria.com had reported exclusively on Wednesday night that the Super Eagles camp will open on 17 August for the Tanzania game.​
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13084
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Moses Delighted, Eyes Goals Vs PSG
[/size]
Victor Moses is delighted that he was able to impress Chelsea boss Jose Mournho and the club’s fans despite their shock defeat to New York Red Bulls on Thursday.
The Super Eagles star is also looking forward to Chelsea’s next match against PSG on Saturday, promising not to miss chances if they come his way.
The Nigerian was his side’s best player as they fell 4-2 to the American in Chelsea’s first International Champions Cup match in New York.
“I am very pleased that I played a part in the game,” he told Chelsea’s official website.
“We knew how hard it would be. New York Red Bulls have been playing games and it wasn’t that easy, and overall it was a pleasing game for us. The fans who were here were great as well and we are very pleased to get a game on here.”
Moses, who has spent the last two seasons on loan but is set to stay at Chelsea for the new season, beat the Red Bulls keeper with what initially appeared to be the perfect little lob from an angle, following an excellent supply from his fellow Nigerian international Mikel Obi, but the ball rebounded back off the post.
“I thought I had scored but that is part of the game,” Moses added.
“I shall work hard now on my finishing and next time when I have the same opportunity, I will put the ball in the back of the net.
“The legs are little bit tired and you know what the first pre-season game is like, but we have just got to pick ourselves back up and we are looking forward to the next game against PSG.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13088
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=14pt]
Ibe Wonder Goal Rescues Liverpool
[/size]
Jordon Ibe, the Liverpool youngster with Nigerian blood, rescued the Reds from an embarrassing defeat on Friday with a brilliant strike.
Liverpool were trailing a Malaysian All Stars in a friendly before Ibe, 19, produced a moment of pure magic to tie the game at 1-1, which was the final score.
The forward, tipped to replace Raheem Sterling who has joined Manchester City, checked inside a defender from long range on 28 minutes and smashed a cracking shot into the top corner.
Liberian Patrick Wleh had given the Malaysians the lead in the 12th minute.
Defeat to the Malaysians would have been embarrassing for the English giants but Ibe’s wonder goal spared their blushes.
Ibe is still eligible to play for the Super Eagles and new Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh is reportedly interested in him.

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13098
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=14pt]
Ogu Disappointed At Europa League Exit
[/size]
By Johnny Edward:
Hapoel Be’er Sheva midfielder John Ogu is disappointed at his side exited from the Europa League competition,losing 2-1 on the night and 3-2 on aggregate to FC Thun.
The Nigeria international who scored a 30 yard stunner in the sixth encounter before a 20th minute red card to Shir Tzedek hampered the Israeli club’s chances of a qualification.
The 26 year old midfielder however prayed for better luck in subsequent games as he is now focused on the Ligat Al, the Toto Cup and the Israeli Cup competitions with Hapoel Be’er Sheva.
“Gutted about tonight’s game, but I wish for better luck next season and focusing on Toto Cup, the Israeli Cup and league. Many Work to do,” Ogu wrote on hisTwitter handle.
A goal in each half by Nelson Ferreira cancelled out Ogu’s strike to seal the Swiss side passage to the next round.

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13092
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Mikel: I’ll Stay At Chelsea For Mourinho
[/size]
Nigeria midfielder Mikel Obi is set to stay at Chelsea for the 2015/2016 season after declaring that manager Jose Mourinho wants him at Stamford Bridge.
The 28-year-old has been at Chelsea since 2006 but has slipped down the pecking order in recent seasons and been rumoured to be on his way out.
He was recentlu linked with a move to the Middle East and to Fenerbahce after a reported £10m bid.
But Mikel insists he doesn’t have plans to go anywhere.
“The manager has told me he wants me to stay,” Mikel was quoted as daying in the Mirror on Friday. “He said that and I’m pretty happy to stay.
“I have two years left on my contract here and want to see them out. I am happy here and we will see what happens. I do want to stay, the manager wants me to stay so I don’t have any issues.
“This is going to be my tenth season at the club, next year it will be my 11th. I have been here so long due to the contracts I have signed and I like to be somewhere where I have developed friendships.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13094
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=14pt]
Mikel: Red Bull loss wake-up call for Chelsea
[/size]
Nigeria star Mikel Obi has stated that Chelsea's 4-2 loss to New York Red Bull in their first pre-season game in the USA was a wake-up call for the team to continue working hard ahead of the new EPL season.
I am staying at Chelsea says Mikel
The former Plateau United midfielder played the first half of the game.
"Overall, it was a pretty good warm-up game but not the result we hoped for," he said.
"We are here to work hard, and we are here to train hard leading to the Community Shield and to the league. I think we're on the right course.
"That game was just a one-off game and we know we need to go back to training, buckle up and know the season is starting soon."
Jose Mourinho's side take on Paris St-Germain in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Saturday in continuation of the preparations to defend the EPL crown in the new season.

africanfootball.com/news/554373/Mikel-Red-Bull-loss-wake-up-call-for-Chelsea
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
John Ogu targets cup glory in Israel
[/size]
Nigeria international midfielder John Ogu has told AfricanFootball.com he has his sights on winning the Israel State Cup with Hapoel Be'er Sheva this season after his team crashed out of Europa League Thursday night.
AFRICANFOOTBALL.COM : What are your targets with Hapoel Be'er Sheva this season?
JOHN OGU: I want to win trophies with my club this season.
You scored a wonderful goal in Europa League qualifying round second leg on Thursday, but eventually lost, do you think the red card to one of your team mates contributed to this loss?
It contributed, but that is in the past now. I am looking forward to a great season, I am focused on the domestic trophies at stake.
What didn't you achieve last season that you hope to this season?
That is Israel State Cup, we almost got it.
Austin Ejide is no more with your team, do you miss him?
Yes. I miss him because he made it possible for me to settle down fast at the club and in Israel, but God knows best.
Do you have another Nigerian in your team?
Yes, I have a friend and brother, Tony Nwakaeme, as my team mate, he joined this summer.
You were offered an improved new deal at the end of last season, what can you say about this?
Let me say it is the reward of my hard work last season, it's just an upgrade.
What was your best moment last season?
That should be the award I received as the best foreign player in the Israeli league last season and also been in the best eleven of the season.
The Super Eagles started AFCON 2017 qualifiers on a winning note against Chad, what do you have to tell your fans and those of the Eagles as we look forward to the next game in Tanzania?
They should keep supporting and keep believing in the team.
Oliseh has taken over as new Eagles coach, what do you have to say?
I congratulate him on the appointment. It's great to have another great ex-international coming in as the coach. With his experience, I think he will do well and take the Eagles to the top.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/554272/John-Ogu-targets-cup-glory-in-Israel
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=14pt]
NFF to pay Oliseh's Maitama house 5 million Naira rent
[/size]
New Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has located a house in highbrow Maitama, Abuja, and the NFF are set to pay the annual rent of five million Naira.
A top source told AfricanFootball.com: “Oliseh has already seen his house in Abuja. It’s in Maitama and the rent is five million Naira a year, which the NFF are now preparing to pay for.”
Oliseh’s assistants are also be housed in Abuja as they begin the onerous task of rebuilding the Super Eagles.
Oliseh's predecessor Stephen Keshi stayed in hotels in Abuja when he was in charge of the Eagles.
In the meantime, Oliseh is currently in Europe tracking Nigerian players with the view to considering them for his new team.
The Eagles coach is expected to return to Nigeria later next month to continue preparations for the 2017 AFCON qualifier in Tanzania in September.

africanfootball.com/news/554234/NFF-to-pay-Oliseh-s-Maitama-house-5-million-Naira-rent
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ahead Tanzania: Oliseh wants patience
[/size]
Super Eagles Coach, Sunday Oliseh, has called for calm and patience among Nigerians as he and his assistants prepare for the tasks ahead.
Nigeria will travel to Tanzania in September for a crucial 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier and later confront Burkina Faso over two legs in October for the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers and the second round of African qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in November.
Oliseh said the technical crew went to work almost immediately after he was unveiled in Abuja due to the busy schedule.
“We have no choice but to hit the ground running. Jean Francois (first assistant) and I have been busy combing and tracking players in Europe while Salisu Yusuf has been doing same with our home based stars.
“Alloy Agu who is still involved with the Under-23 team will join him once they conclude their qualifiers against Congo,” said Oliseh to the NFF official website, www.thenff.
Oliseh said the double pronged approach has become necessary because he wants preparation for the CHAN qualifiers against Burkina Faso to begin immediately after the AFCON game against Tanzania.
“We have to cover all ground and be adequately prepared for all the competitions we are involved whether the CHAN, AFCON or World Cup qualifiers.
“Our list of invited players for the CHAN team will be out in the first week of August while that of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania should be out mid August.
“We urge everyone to continue to support the team and join their efforts with ours in ensuring that the Super Eagles succeed on all fronts,” said Oliseh.
[/b]

nationalmirroronline.net/new/ahead-tanzania-oliseh-wants-patience/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2017 AFCON: Tanzania To Camp In Europe For Nigeria
[/size]
• Postpones League Kick-Off For Eagles
By Chibuike Chukwu - Lagos (With Agency Report)
Taifa Stars of Tanzania will camp in Europe ahead of its 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Super Eagles of Nigeria on September 6 in Dar es Salam.
While Nigeria defeated Chad 2-0 in its opening qualifier, Tanzania lost 3-0 to Egypt in Cairo. For Tanzania to keep hope of qualifying for the tournament alive, it needs a win in the game against Nigeria, hence the TFF had concluded arrangement for a week training tour of Europe.
The TFF has also postponed the resumption of the league till September 12, a week after the tie against Nigeria must have held.
The postponement was necessitated because of the need to get players focused on the all important match.
The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) and clubs met recently and agreed to delay the kickoff to allow the national team, Taifa Stars, to play its Africa Cup of Nations match against Nigeria on September 6.
The league was to get underway on August 22, but according to a top TFF source, the kickoff will now be on September 12, while the Charity Shield match pitting Yanga against Azam will take place on August 22.
The source, who sought anonymity for he was not the federation’s spokesman, said the decision stems from the fact that the earlier date coincides with Taifa Stars training, which will deprive some clubs of their star players.
The official said shortly after the Charity Shield match, the Taifa Stars coach (Boniface Mkwasa) will select the team, which will head off to Europe for a weeklong training tour.
It was earlier reported that Taifa Stars would pitch a camp in Turkey, but the source said it would be in another European country, which he also declined to reveal.
“It is meaningless for the league to start on August 22 and then take a break until after Taifa Stars encounter Nigeria on September 6, so it is true that we agreed to delay it until September 12,” he said.
“The TFF and Tanzania Premier League Board (TBBL) want to see the league progressing without interruptions.”
According to him, the TFF and TPLB are currently busy drawing up fixtures, which would be released in a few weeks’ time.
He said after the Stars-Super Eagles match, the league will start and run through December when it will break to allow the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup to take place.
Jonas Tiboroha, Yanga’s secretary general, confirmed that they (clubs) had a meeting over the league’s kickoff dates and that they agreed to push it back to September 12.
The Stars currently sits in last position on the table following a 3-0 defeat to the Pharoahs of Egypt on match day-one.
The Super Eagles on the other hand opened its campaign with a 2-0 win over Chad.
[/b]

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/2017-afcon-tanzania-camp-europe-nigeria/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh’s Eagles list for Tanzania out next month
[/size]
BY EMMA NJOKU
New Super Eagles’ head coach, Sunday Oliseh, has disclosed that the list of players that will prosecute the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Tanzania as well as the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers against Burkina Faso in October will be made public next month.
According to the official website of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) thenff.com, the former national team’s captain said he and his assistants have been monitoring Nigerian players plying their trade the domestic league and other leagues across the globe and, therefore, appealed to Nigerians to be patient with the national team as they gear up for the busy schedule ahead.
“We have no choice but to hit the ground running,” he opened up to thenff.com.
“Jean Francois (first assistant) and I have been busy combing and tracking players in Europe while Salisu Yusuf has been doing same with our home based stars. Alloy Agu, who is still involved with the U23 Team, will join him once they conclude their qualifiers against Congo,” Oliseh added.
“We have to cover all grounds and be adequately prepared for all the competitions we are involved in whether it is CHAN, AFCON or World Cup qualifiers,”
“Our list of invited players for the CHAN team will be out in the first week of August, while that of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania should be out mid August,” he disclosed.
“We urge everyone to continue to support the team and join their efforts with ours in ensuring that the Super Eagles succeed on all fronts,” Oliseh pleaded. The Super Eagles helmsman disclosed that the double pronged approach became necessary because he wants preparations for the CHAN qualifiers against Burkina Faso to begin immediately after the game against Tanzania.
Nigeria will travel to Tanzania in September for a crucial 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier and then confront Burkina Faso over two legs in October for the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers and with the second round of the African qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup scheduled for November.
[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/olisehs-eagles-list-for-tanzania-out-next-month/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Joel Obi Fights Exhaustion
[/size]

AS Torino of Italy have confirmed that the club’s summer signing, Joel Chukwuma Obi had to be left out of action in a pre-season game on Thursday because he was down with exhaustion.
In contrast with initial reports that indicated another battle with injury by the former Inter Milan and AC Parma dazzler, the official statement by Torino affirmed that Obi had to get time off from team activities in order to recover from fatigue.
It meant the injury-plagued star did not take part in full training with Torino on Thursday after starting the previous day’s friendly against Savona.
Incidentally, the first signs of another setback striking Obi emerged midway through the match, as the 24-year-old star, who penned a four-year deal with Torino this summer, had to be substituted in the friendly by the Turin-based club’s coach, Coach Giampiero Ventura.
Club medics, though, stressed that Obi is not carrying an injury but only suffering from exhaustion, which still necessitated his being left out of team pitch duties on Thursday.
While the rest of his teammates took part in a practice match after the exercises, Obi trained separately under the watchful eye of The Maroons’ sporting director, Gianluca Petrachi.
[/b]

sportsdayonline.com/joel-obi-fights-exhaustion/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=14pt]
Nigeria friendly against Rwanda postponed
[/size]
A friendly game between Nigeria and National Rwandan U-23 teams that was scheduled for Saturday in Kigali has been postponed.
According to a senior official of Rwanda Football Federation, Bonnie Mugabe, the postponement is due to challenges faced by some Nigerian players to travel to Rwanda.
The official spoke with reporters on Thursday in Kigali.
Without further explanation, Mugabe said he was hopeful that another date would be fixed for the game.
Rwanda’s national team, Amavubi, was keen to play the match in preparation for the upcoming 2016 African Nations Championship (CHAN) scheduled for Jan. 16 to Feb. 7, 2016 in Kigali.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/nigeria-friendly-against-rwanda-postponed/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
World Cup draw boost for Nigeria, other African giants
[/size]
The top 13 ranked African football nations received a boost Friday when the draw procedure for the 2018 World Cup qualifying draws in Russia was unveiled.
Each of them gets a first-round bye before facing one of the weaker national teams on the continent in the second round this November.
And victories in the home-and-away ties would secure places in the 20-nation third round from which the five group winners qualify for the World Cup to be hosted by Russia.
Algeria top the African rankings and the other top 13 countries are Ivory Coast, Ghana, Tunisia, Senegal, Cameroon, Congo, Cape Verde, Egypt, Nigeria, Guinea, Democratic Republic of Congo and Mali.
Africa is among the continents whose World Cup qualifying draws will be made Saturday (1800 local time, 1500 GMT) at the Konstantin Palace in Russian second city Saint Petersburg.
Among those who will assist with the draw is retired Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o, one of the greatest footballers produced by Africa.
Eto’o was capped 117 times by the ‘Indomitable Lions’, scored 56 goals and made his farewell World Cup appearance at the 2014 tournament in Brazil.
Zimbabwe are the only one of the 54 Confederation of African Football (CAF) members who will not take part in the draw.
The cash-strapped national football association of the southern Africa state did not pay a severance package to former coach Brazilian Jose Claudinei Georgini and were barred by world football governing body FIFA.
The 26 lowest-ranked countries go into the first-round draw, with home-and-away ties this October producing 13 overall winners.
Those qualifiers will be paired with the top 13 sides for home-and-away ties during November with group-stage slots up for grabs.
Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, South Africa, Zambia, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Rwanda — ranked 14 to 20 — are in a separate pot.
And their opponents will come from Togo, Morocco, Sudan, Angola, Mozambique, Benin and Libya, the countries ranked immediately below them.
Morocco are the team to avoid even though the last of four World Cup appearances by the north African kingdom was 17 years ago in France.
Coached by 1986 World Cup goalkeeper Badou Zaki the Atlas Lions squad includes Bayern Munich defender Mehdi Benatia and regular-scoring Granada striker Youssef El-Arabi.
The winners of these seven ties also secure places in the six-matchday group stage, scheduled to kick-off in October 2016 and end during November 2017.
A separate draw will split the 20 second-round winners into five groups and each mini-league winner goes to Russia.
[/b]

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/world-cup-draw-boost-for-nigeria-other-african-giants/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ibe pleased with goal, eyes more in the Premier League
[/size]
The winger got his first goal for the Reds against Malaysia XI on Friday, and hopes to reenact the scoring form when the English topflight begins
By Shina Oludare

Liverpool’s Jordan Ibe has expressed his desire to score many goals in the English Premier League which starts in August. The winger scored his first goal for the club as he helped salvage a 1-1 draw against a Malaysia XI at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur on Friday.
He could be tasked with filling the void from Raheem Sterling's exit and scored a stunning equaliser to cancel out Patrick Ronaldinho Wleh's opener to end their tour of Asia and Australia with a draw.
“I was pleased. The gaffer's been working with me in training to make sure I have an end product and get a shot off, Ibe toldLFC TV.
“I was lucky enough to cut inside and get a shot off and get a goal.
“In the front three, you need to have an end product so to get assists and goals is important.
“It's good to get them in pre-season, now I want to get them in the Premier League.
“The number one aim for me is to get goals when I get the chance,” he concluded.
Ibe who made 12 Premier League appearances for Liverpool during the second half of last season has impressed so far on their pre-season tour, but will have to work very hard for a place in Brendan Rodgers’ side with the arrival of Danny Ings, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13863732
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerians in Pre-Season: Victor Moses returns to Chelsea line up after injury lay off
[/size]
Victor Moses | Returned to the Chelsea line up against New York Red Bulls in a 4-2 loss on Wednesday. It was his first game for the Blues since being shipped off on loan to Stoke City
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/91/5e/victor-moses-chelsea-22072015_18n01x83870ow1jydpv9bagy8f.jpg?t=-1168491482&w=320[/img]
Moses played a good first half where he hit the post before setting up a pass for Oscar who opened up for Loic Remy as the Blues took the lead.
The Nigerian was substituted in the second half and he was replaced by Eden Hazard. Jose Mourinho has said he would be a part of his squad this season, denying Stoke and Tottenham the opportunity to buy the winger.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/56/ec/john-obi-mikel-chelsea-22072015_1jv7kxb8qp2gx1irifu2knh7ew.jpg?t=-1168490466&w=320[/img]
John Obi Mikel | Played the first half for Chelsea as they fell to four second half goals against NY Red Bulls.
Jose Mourinho has insisted the midfielder is part of his plans despite interest from Fenerbahce and Al Ain.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/gallery/7175/gallery/13824432/nigerians-in-pre-season-victor-moses-returns-to-chelsea-line/kelechi-iheanacho-manchester-city-21072015/6
.....continue in the next post
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
.....continue from the last post
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerians in Pre-Season: Victor Moses returns to Chelsea line up after injury lay off
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/14/fd/kelechi-iheanacho-manchester-city-21072015_16tzqw7vop4kr186xm4yiedhqd.jpg?t=-1168492338&w=320[/img]
Kelechi Iheanacho | Provided an early assist for debutant Raheem Sterling in Manchester City's game against Roma.
He later scored in the second half before being subbed off as City defeated Roma via penalties after the game ended 2-2. Iheanacho has said he would fight for a first team place.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/f9/45/ahmed-musa-cska_1ik95uamh1yaw10ox5r7p2n172.jpg?t=-1168490466&w=320[/img]
Ahmed Musa | Scored in the Russia Premier League season opener as CSKA Moscow edged rivals Rubin Kazan 1-0 on Saturday.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/95/cd/odion-ighalo-watford_1t12r9erkk279zo47uh0avrf4.jpg?t=-1168489354&w=320[/img]
Odion Ighalo | Has been in red-hot form for Watford in pre-season as he has notched six goals so far. His most recent came in a 2-0 defeat of Paderborn. He scored a brace in the 4-0 defeat of St Albans earlier in July.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/gallery/7175/gallery/13824432/nigerians-in-pre-season-victor-moses-returns-to-chelsea-line/kelechi-iheanacho-manchester-city-21072015/6
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/7b/8c/jordon-ibe-liverpool_1w8516e6qa2hy14yp1hl752lmw.jpg?t=-1168489354&w=320[/img]
Jordon Ibe | Has impressed during Liverpool's trip to Malaysia. Many are beginning to see him as the replacement for departed Raheem Sterling.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/9d/9e/chuba-akpom-arsenal-15072015_xmaxy82q3plcz4it9i804680.jpg?t=-1168490466&w=320[/img]
Chuba Akpom | Scored a hat trick in Arsenal's 4-0 defeat of Singapore XI and played in the next game against Everton. His form could force Arsene Wenger to keep him in the first team instead of shipping him out on loan, now that Yaya Sanogo has gone to Ajax.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/ee/f4/alex-iwobi-arsenal-15072015_jmcurt7mlmys1v1pl98kv02cw.jpg?t=-1168490466&w=320[/img]
Alex Iwobi | The Arsenal U19 captain also started against Singapore XI and showed why Wenger kept faith in him with his blistering runs down the flanks.
[/b]

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
[size=14pt]
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/97/83/ola-aina-chelsea-22072015_llqwgswvkdvn1apotjquhjy49.jpg?t=-1166510338&w=320[/img]
Ola Aina | The defender was a second half substitute in place of Branislav Ivanovic but was then subbed off for Dominic Solanke as Chelsea fell 4-2 to NY Red Bulls. To be fair, the hosts scored their three goals after Aina had been withdrawn.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/76/95/dominic-solanke-chelsea-22072015_1b8ls21qeggga1n1igp3npcp6v.jpg?t=-1166510338&w=320[/img]
Dominic Solanke | The striker was a late replacement for Ola Aina during Chelsea's 4-2 loss to NY Red Bulls on Wednesday. He played 17 minutes of the game.

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh Awaits World Cup Draw
[/size]
[img]http://sportsdayonline.com/oliseh-awaits-world-cup-draw/[/img]
-As Eagles’ Opponents Emerge Saturday
Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Ogorchukwu Oliseh will eagerly await the outcome of this weekend’s FIFA World Cup draw in Russia, as it would go a long way in determining how stable or fiery his early days on the job would be.
Although the immediate focus for Oliseh is the September 6th Africa Cup of Nations qualifier away to Tanzania, the former Eagles captain will be inclined towards making plans for a rollicking outing in the race to Russia 2018.
Oliseh’s efforts will be concretised from plans he is expected to fashion out from observing the World cup draw at close quarters, though he is not in the delegation to the event in Saint Petersburg, which has his assistant, Salisu Yusuf and team administrator, Dayo Enebi Achor.
Nigeria and 52 other African countries will be in the draw, with only Zimbabwe missing, following their expulsion by FIFA for failing to pay a former coach, with Oliseh hoping to snatch one of Africa’s five spots in the finals in Russia from 14 June to 15 July.
The draw, at 16:00 BST, will witness three rounds of qualifying for the African sides, with the lowest 26 ranked countries on the continent in FIFA’s July rankings stepping out first to play over two legs in October 2015.
Winners of those ties advance to round two where they will join the remaining 27 highest-ranked teams, of which the Eagles will be one, and face off in another two-legged play off.
In the final round of qualifying, five groups of four teams will meet both home and away and the winner of each group will qualify for Russia 2018.
Named alongside Nigeria in the top ranked 27 teams are Algeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Tunisia, Senegal, Cameroon, Congo, Cape Verde, Egypt, Guinea, Congo, Mali, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, South Africa, Zambia, Burkina Faso, Uganda, Rwanda, Togo , Morocco, Sudan, Angola, Mozambique, Benin, Libya
Pot 1 will have 13 highest ranked teams – Niger, Ethiopia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Namibia, Kenya, Botswana, Madagascar, Mauritania, Burundi, Lesotho, Guinea Bissau, Swaziland
While Pot 2 has 13 lowest ranked teams – Tanzania, Gambia, Liberia, Central African Republic, Chad, Mauritius, Seychelles, Comoros, Sao Tome and Principe, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia, Djibouti.
Winners of the second round will form five groups of four teams who will meet both home and away.
[/b]

sportsdayonline.com/oliseh-awaits-world-cup-draw/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
I’m happy at Chelsea – Mikel
[/size]

Nigeria interna­tional John Obi Mikel has made it clear that he is a happy man at Chelsea and has no issues at the club even though some posit that his bench role is somehow getting to him.
Mikel has been a subject of transfer speculation away from Chelsea but the player fondly called ‘The Catalyst’ has stated that he is keen at seeing out his contract Stamford Bridge.
“I have two years left on my contract here and want to see them out. I am happy here and we will see what happens. I do want to stay, the manager wants me to stay so I don’t have any is­sues,” Mikel was quoted as saying in The Express.
He continued: “The man­ager has told me he wants me to stay. He said that and I’m pretty happy to stay.
“This is going to be my tenth season at the club, next year it will be my 11th. I have been here so long due to the contracts I have signed and I like to be somewhere where I have developed friendships.
“This is like my family now.
Every time I come to work it’s like coming into see my family. “I know the whole place, the staff, it is going to be a hard place to leave when my contract runs out and then we will see what happens.”
Mikel has been offered a lucrative deal to join United Arab Emirates side Al Ain this summer and was also targeted by Fenerbahce.
[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/im-happy-at-chelsea-mikel/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike ‘ready to get back to my scoring best’ for Al Ain
[/size]
[img]http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20150725/ARTICLE/150729404/AR/0/AR-150729404.jpg&MaxW=300&imageVersion=default[/img]
Emmanuel Emenike arrives at Al Ain tasked with filling the void left by Asamoah Gyan. Fabrice Cofrini / AFP
By John McAuley
Emmanuel Emenike has vowed to rediscover his goalscoring touch at Al Ain after joining the club on loan from Fenerbahce earlier this month.
The Nigerian international has signed a one-year deal with the UAE champions and replaces in the squad Asamoah Gyan, the highly rated Ghanaian who recently departed for the Chinese Super League.
Emenike, 28, arrives at Al Ain on the back of a relatively modest season in Turkey, in which he scored four goals in 27 league matches as Fenerbahce finished second in the Turkish Super Lig.
However, the striker, who has previously represented sides in South Africa as well as Russia’s Spartak Moscow, is confident he can provide his best football at Al Ain.
MORE ARABIAN GULF LEAGUE NEWS
Swansea City confirm Al Ahli offer for striker Bafetimbi Gomis
Al Jazira complete signing of Jefferson Farfan on three-year deal
Al Jazira’s Manuel Lanzini ‘emotional’ after sealing West Ham loan move
“Every move I have made in my career has always been great; this one to Al Ain will be greater,” said Emenike in an interview with Africanfootball.com. “Since my days in South Africa, Turkey, Russia and back to Turkey, it has always been a wonderful experience.
“I have never regretted any decision I took in my career and I am very confident that this is another greater moment for me. This move has a lot to do with my career and I am ready to work hard and get back to my scoring best. Of course, I am ready for that. I did it with Fenerbahce.”
Emenike has the unenviable task of succeeding Gyan, who during four seasons at Al Ain helped the club to three league titles. In scoring 95 goals in 83 top-flight matches, Gyan secured the Golden Boot three times.
Yet Emenike, joint-top scorer at the 2013 African Cup of Nations, insists he is not daunted by his predecessor’s record.
“I am not under any pressure, I am good to go,” he said. “I have scored goals in Europe, I know what it takes and it’s not a big deal coming to play for an ambitious club like this.
“Leaving Fenerbahce does not mean I must prove them wrong. I am focusing on how I will score beyond expectations. And for Gyan, I am not here to fill his shoes or be Gyan. He’s a fantastic player, one of the best in Africa, and he left Al Ain with a good record. I have come to make my own impact.
“I have no other mission here at Al Ain than to score goals and win titles. The expectation is obviously high and I am looking forward to justify the trust they have in me. I have come here to deliver, nothing will change it.
“But I cannot do it alone. I am a team player and I will love to get going with my teammates and also get the cooperation of everybody.”
[/b]

m.thenational.ae/sport/football/nigeria-striker-emmanuel-emenike-ready-to-get-back-to-my-scoring-best-for-al-ain
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
We have more to lose if Eagles fail under Oliseh – Dikko
[/size]
•speaks on improved Nigeria’s Premier League.
•Says Keshi enjoyed support more than any Nigerian coach.
Vice-President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Chairman of the League Management Company, Shehu Dikko admits that the NFF stands to lose more than Sunday Oliseh if the Super Eagles fail to fly under the guidance of the former Dortmund and Ajax defensive midfielder, JOHN EGBOKHAN

Shehu Dikko
Our once great league crashed in standards and everything other thing. But it is improving now. Your comment?
It is about doing the right things at the right time and getting people to the same direction. The entire stakeholders in the league, the clubs, the players, the club chairmen, the league body, the NFF are collective in the direction to change things. The position of the LMC is very clear and that is the reason the league is doing very well. We are happy that people are happy with where we are today but we are introducing many innovations to drive the league. It is a complete departure from was happening in past years and it is working and we hope to keep it that way.
Who is driving the change process in the league? Is it the LMC, clubs, players, NFF or referees?
The LMC is driving the change. We are the change agents of the league. And of course, we have managed to get all our clubs to pull in the same direction. And our sponsors are also included. So everything is coming together at the same time because the clubs can see our honesty and vision and they have keyed into it and that is why things are changing.
Is this just a stop-gap measure or has the process come to stay?
It is a carefully thought-out vision. If you look at my personoal website, since 2004, I made pubic my comments and vision on how to make the league better. And that is basically what is driving this process at the moment. It is the vision, objectives and the capacity to drive the change process that is making things work. And of course, our sponsors have helped us a lot because money is vital in football sponsorship.
We have seen you sanction referees, players, coaches, match commissioners, club chairmen. What emboldened you?
It is part of the game. Everybody has to work in the same direction. We are not doing it for personal reasons. We are not doing it because we hate anybody. Before we sanction anybody, we call the person and explain why you have to be sanctioned. That is the style. We have to explain why the rules have to be applied.
The rules are very clear. Our rules are on our website. They are in the public domain. Anybody can go and download it. We are governed by the rule of law. We at the centre have always been talking about transparency and doing things the right way, so that everything will work fine. And that is what we are demonstrating with the league.
When the Group Managing Director of Eunisell, Chika Ikenga talked about the passion his eight year old son has for Nigerian league, rather than the English Premier League and how it stimulated his interest to sponsor Sharks FC, what went through your mind?
It was heart-warming. We monitor our clubs, going to league venues to monitor the matches, know the kind of people coming and we have the visuals to support this position that things have changed. This last weekend, we saw an 80 year-old woman, with her grand children watch Shooting Stars match. Today, young girls and boys in the universities are going to the stadium to watch our matches. We get an average of five to ten thousand fans at venues.
Look at the number of fans that watched Rangers and Enyimba in Enugu. People are beginning to believe in this product. It is our own product and only Nigerians can develop this product. Nobody can do it but us. I am happy to hear a private company executive confirm it. As Chairman of the league, I know the kind of calls I receive on daily basis. People you would not think would know what is going on want to advise and get on the train. It is brilliant but we have not gotten there yet. We have a long way to go.
We have to keep improving by the day and keep sustaining where we are are. Where we are today is the minimum benchmark. Tomorrow, we set another benchmark. The next day, we set another benchmark. That is how to develop the league. The Premier League in England, the Bundesliga, the Spanish Liga are looking for ways to develop, so who are we to say that oh because things are getting a bit good now, we are happy.
Okay, we are happy, we are excited because we are seeing the results of our efforts but we have to keep sustaining this, by improving. Football is a very dynamic game. It does not stagnant. We have to latch onto that.
[/b]

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/we-have-more-to-lose-if-eagles-fail-under-oliseh-dikko/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
You are known to be a marketing person, who is suddenly driving a change process that is more of managerial. How flexible or challenging has this task been for you? And what for you is the key factor needed to get a sponsor to support teams in the league?
The sponsor has to see that he will get value for investing in the league. He has to see that the brand he will associate himself with is not a brand that will taint his products. He wants a brand that will drive his business, commercially and otherwise. Exposure can make people to come to his business. He needs a brand that will give him public sympathy.
Clubs have to, at all times, show sponsors that their product will provide those benefits to them. Once you can do these, then the sponsors are always willing to come in . Last year, Nigerian companies spent N150b on marketing communications. If our football gets it right, we will get 75% of that money.
Football industry is the biggest globally and that is what we are targeting. We have not started at all . We are aiming to see all our clubs raking in billions of naira from private investment and support. That is when we can say we are happy.
The last Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi gave opportunities to players in the local league. What do you want the new coach, Sunday Oliseh to do when dealing with home-based players?
Well, I expect the same thing from Oliseh. As Chairman of the LMC, I’m the Vice-President of the NFF and I’m also involved at the level of our football. I was involved in the discussion to employ Oliseh and it is the same message. In fact, this time, we expect to do it even better. That is why a coach who knows the league very well, Salisu Yusuf has been mandated as the one in charge of that process because he knows the league, having coached there for more than 12 years.
Oliseh is in charge of the team. We are even trying to raise the stakes by making the Under-23 a wholly Nigerian-based players team. The boy who scored our two goals against Congo last weekend, Junior Ajayi plays for Shooting Stars. Even the Super Eagles, when you call the strikers in the team, the first name on the lips of many is Gbolahan Salami, who plays for Warri Wolves.
We are quite excited and my vision is a day where we will see all the 11 players in the Super Eagles coming from our league and when the foreign-based will stay on the bench. That is the vision and we will get there because the players are happy to come and play here and we are putting the structures on the ground. Once we sort out the welfare issues, we will get there.
We want players who are having issues with their clubs in Europe to come down here to play and the LMC will pay them. We have done that with Sani Kaita with Enyimba and just this weekend that passed, I offered the same thing to the Under-23 players, who are playing for Samson Siasia but don’t have clubs or are still waiting to sign for clubs. I told them the league will pay them. We will even help them to get clubs in the league, so that they can add their value to their league before they can sort out their future.
For you to pay all these players means you are swimming in money?
Not. It is part of the elite players’ programme. It is not for everybody. And it is not to pay them huge money per se. We pay them something that is reasonable for them to play in the local league. Because if we have any player who is playing for the national team and playing for a club here, anywhere the team goes, fans come to the stadium and the sponsors are happy. It’s a win-win thing. It’s not about the money but about improving the brand value of the league and engaging our best players to keep doing what they love doing until such a time when they are ready to go abroad to seek greener pastures.
Last week, the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick listed you amongst the four persons who were condemned to take our football out of its current poor state. What is your disposition to this?
Of course, I support him and he knows why he said so. We are working as a group and share the same vision. Nobody knows it all. We share ideas to see how we can move forward. At this junction, he is very right to say that. In the future, things might change. If we, with all our dedication and vision cannot get it right, so where is the hope for our football? We are young men, the future of this country belongs to us, so we have to do what we have to do so that posterity will be kind to us. Our ideas, knowledge, vision and experience are good reasons for him to say that and I support him wholly.
[/b]

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/we-have-more-to-lose-if-eagles-fail-under-oliseh-dikko/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
But Nigerians fear that you people running the NFF will likely not give Sunday Oliseh the free hand to succeed as Eagles coach. Their fear stems from how Keshi was treated by you people and they feel that Oliseh won’t escape such treatment?
No, no, no no. It is unfair to say that. Did Keshi say that somebody in the NFF imposed any player on him? Or treated him badly? Knowing Keshi for who he is, if anybody had imposed any player on him, he would have shouted to the high heavens. All that is a non-starter. NFF has gone beyond that. Keshi was not treated badly.
He got the support no Nigerian coach ever got from the Maigari time till he left. We decided to hire Oliseh. We are more determined to ensure that he succeeds even than Oliseh because we are the ones who brought him. Nobody forced us to bring him. We thought his vision and our vision had a convergence somewhere, so we spoke to him and he accepted to come and work with us. We bought into his vision and he bought into ours.
And for the first time, we have a Director General in the National Sports Commission, Al Hassan Yakmut, who understands how football works and did not interfere with the process because he has been in the system for long and knows how these things work.
He did not interfere and therefore, we have no reason not to support Oliseh and ensure he succeeds because if he fails, we fail and if he succeeds, we succeed. We have more to lose if he fails with the Eagles because it is our decision to bring him and once you take a position, you have to accept the blame. People are happy with the decision to appoint Oliseh Eagles coach. Even sponsors are coming to us for the sake of Oliseh.
[/b]

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
[size=14pt]
‘NFF do not owe any coaches’
[/size]
In a swift response to concerns expressed by a section of Nigerian Coaches, General Secretary of the NFF Dr. Sanusi Mohammed, informed www.footballlive.ngthat Emmanuel Amuneke and his other National team Coaches have been paid their salaries.
‘ We’ve paid all the salaries owed, we cleared them all yesterday.
Besides what’s the all the fuss about even the Federal and State governments owe salaries. Am also aware there are journalists who
are being owed but people don’t make issues out of these things,’ the NFF Scribe said.
” We are not owing any outstanding salaries.”

thenationonlineng.net/nff-do-not-owe-any-coaches/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Nigeria Ahmed Musa
Ahmed Musa warns Djibouti or Swaziland dangerous
[/size]

Nigeria star Ahmed Musa (left) shone at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
Nigeria have been drawn in the second round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying tournament with minnows Djibouti or Swaziland, but Ahmed Musa has warned either team could pose a danger to the Super Eagles quest to feature at the global championship in Russia.
Ahmed Musa plays for top Russian club CSKA and he told AfricanFootball.com the overall winners of the match-up between Djibouti and Swaziland must not be taken lightly by the star-studded three-time African champions when they clash in November.
"Looking at the name of the teams, Djibouti and Swaziland, they ought not to be a match for us, but such opponents are more dangerous that the known teams,” cautioned Ahmed Musa, who marked his World cup debut last year with a brace against Argentina.
“Personally, I know nothing about both countries. But we have to take them very seriously and prepare adequately well for them.
“All the same, I see us going past any of them to reach the mini-league stage of the qualifying tournament."
Nigeria have featured in five World Cups – 1994, 1998, 2002, 2010, 2014 – reaching the knockout rounds thrice.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/554592/Ahmed-Musa-warns-Djibouti-or-Swaziland-dangerous
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
Peter utaka still ply his trade in football??.
I tot he had gone out of extinction in soccer..

Oliseh go consider am so??
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Daninya11:
Peter utaka still ply his trade in football??.
I tot he had gone out of extinction in soccer..

Oliseh go consider am so??
Stephen Keshi gave him a chance but he flopped. I doubt if Sunday Oliseh will give him a chance again. Oliseh's heart seems to be with the young talented Nigerian players.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (161) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.