Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,634 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (257979 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:49am On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oduamadi completes Sanliurfaspor loan
[/size]
Nigerian international, Nnamdi Oduamadi has joined Turkish First League (TFF) side Sanliurfa Spor Kulübü ‘Sanliurfaspor’ on a season long loan deal from AC Milan.
Oduamadi spent the first six months on loan at Serie B club Crotone and the last six months at United State (US) Latina Calcio last season. He played 28 games last season and scored 3 goals.
The Super Eagles midfielder now joins other Nigerians including former CA Bastia of France midfielder, Sunday Mba, Flying Eagles captain, Musa Mohammed and Kenneth Omeruo, who will be plying their trade in The Land of The Ottoman next season.
Oduamadi was also linked with other three Turkish clubs – Istanbul Basaksehir F.K, Adana Demirspor and Giresunspor earlier in the week, but sources closed to the player informed SportingLife that Sanliurfaspor offered better deal.
Former Kaduna United player, Simon Zenke, who just moved to Kardemir Karabükspor, featured for Sanliurfaspor last season.
Flying Eagles midfielder, Nwakali Chidiebere congratulated Oduamadi on his move to Turkey on his Instagram page with the message, “Congrats bros@oduamadi90 this is time to achieve greatness in football goooooooo God is your strength you must na sure”.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/oduamadi-completes-sanliurfaspor-loan/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:52am On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
NFF move in on Oliseh, Amodu clash
[/size]
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have moved in to ensure that there would be no clash of roles between technical director Shaibu Amodu and Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh.
It is widely believed that the job description handed Amodu Shuaibu and that of Sunday Oliseh could see both men clash after the new Eagles coach was asked to also fashion out a developmental programme for the country.
“I want to assure you that we would not allow friction between Amodu and Oliseh,” declared NFF head of technical committee Ayansi Agwu
“Both men know their job responsibilities and the good thing is that they have worked together before, so I don’t envisage any kind of friction.
“Amodu was part of the interview process that brought Oliseh, so I think if he had an issue, he would have stated it.”
Amodu, who is supposed to boss Oliseh, is on a monthly salary of 800,000 Naira, while Oliseh will take home five million Naira.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/nff-move-in-on-oliseh-amodu-clash/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:12am On Jul 22, 2015
[size=14pt]
Igiebor scores in big UEFA Champions League win
[/size]
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/551850/Igiebor-scores-in-big-UEFA-Champions-League-win[/img]
Igiebor scored again for Maccabi Tel Aviv
Nigeria international Nosa Igiebor was among the goals as his Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv thrashed Maltese team Hibernians 5-1 in the second leg qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday.
Maccabi Tel Aviv have now qualified for the third round qualification game on a 6-3 aggregate.
Midfielder Igiebor also scored in the first leg in Malta when they lost 2-1.
Maccabi Tel Aviv will now face APOEL FC of Cyprus in the next round of the competition.

africanfootball.com/news/551850/Igiebor-scores-in-big-UEFA-Champions-League-win

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:14am On Jul 22, 2015
[size=14pt]
Kasimpasa have option to buy Omeruo after loan
[/size]
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/551815/Kasimpasa-have-option-to-buy-Omeruo-after-loan[/img]
Turkish Super League side Kasimpasa have an option to buy Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo after his season-long loan deal.
Kasimpasa, who once paraded Nigeria international Uche Kalu, finished 13thin the Turkish top flight last season.
AfricanFootball.com first broke the player’s loan switch to Turkey.
Nigeria international Omeruo does not have a future at Chelsea after loan spells at Dutch club ADO Den Haag and Middlesbrough.
The 21-year-old stopper, who was variously linked with Celtic, Lille and Granada, announced his switch to Turkey on his Instagram page.
"New challenge #Kasimpasa," Omeruo announced.
His adviser, Conleth Chika Akujobi, further confirmed the player’s transfer to Turkey.

africanfootball.com/news/551815/Kasimpasa-have-option-to-buy-Omeruo-after-loan

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:16am On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
NFF move in on Oliseh, Amodu clash
[/size]
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have moved in to ensure that there would be no clash of roles between technical director Shaibu Amodu and Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh.
It is widely believed that the job description handed Amodu Shuaibu and that of Sunday Oliseh could see both men clash after the new Eagles coach was asked to also fashion out a developmental programme for the country.
“I want to assure you that we would not allow friction between Amodu and Oliseh,” declared NFF head of technical committee Ayansi Agwu
“Both men know their job responsibilities and the good thing is that they have worked together before, so I don’t envisage any kind of friction.
“Amodu was part of the interview process that brought Oliseh, so I think if he had an issue, he would have stated it.”
Amodu, who is supposed to boss Oliseh, is on a monthly salary of 800,000 Naira, while Oliseh will take home five million Naira.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/nff-move-in-on-oliseh-amodu-clash/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:22am On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Why we presented Oliseh to Glo – Pinnick
[/size]
The President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mr. Amaju Pinnick, has stated that the NFF presented the new Coach of Super Eagles, Sunday Oliseh first to Globacom because of the great respect the body has for the sponsors of Nigerian national teams.
Mr. Pinnick who made this remark last week when he led the board of the Nigeria football federation to present Oliseh to the company also stated that: “The NFF felt that such a personality as Oliseh should first be taken to our prime sponsor, Globacom.”
He said the company had done a lot in supporting the federation and promoting the success of the national teams, including Super Eagles, and as such deserved the honour.
Pinnick stated that the NFF is proud of its relationship with the telecommunications company, Globacom, adding that it will keep building and maintaining the partnership.
He stated that the new coach would re-launch Nigerian football by building sustainable football development.
“Oliseh is a manager who will work with various components and units of Nigeria Football Federation; he is very cerebral and scientific, in addition to being I.T compliant. We will support him fully,” Pinnick added.
On his part, Oliseh said Globacom, as a global brand, had done a lot to improve Nigerian football.
He promised to build the capacity of the coaches, referees and club owners through intensive trainings, which will help to produce football stars for the country.
In his remark, Coordinator, Business Solutions of Globacom, Mr. Ike Oraekwuotu, stated that the Company’s Chairman, Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr. heavily supported the choice of Sunday Oliseh, as the new chief coach of Super Eagles.
In a speech delivered by Mr. Oraekwuotu on his behalf at the event, Dr. Mike Adenuga said he heavily endorsed the choice of Sunday Oliseh, stating that the new coach is eminently qualified to do a good job for the Super Eagles.
[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/why-we-presented-oliseh-to-glo-pinnick/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:58am On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh: No Player Can Bribe Me
[/size]

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:
New Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has warned players and agents who bribe their way into the national team to forget playing for Nigeria as he would not condone that from anybody.
Responding to the issue of agents and their players inducing national coaches to enter national teams, Oliseh said that such will not happen while he remains the Super Eagles coach, noting that he would not allow that to happen.
“Like I said earlier on, I will only invite players who merit to be in the national team by playing regular football in top European and African leagues,” Oliseh said. “I will call players who deserve to play for Nigeria. There will be no place for mediocrity in my team
“I dont want to believe that players and their agents bribe coaches to make the national team but if it is true it most unfortunate. I will not condone that. I am even too big to be bribed by any player. If it was so before, that era is gone because only the best will play for the Eagles.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-no-player-can-bribe-me/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
[size=14pt]
Omeruo relishes first-team action in Turkey
[/size]
Nigeria international Kenneth Omeruo has told AfricanFootball.com he is looking forward to a regular first-team action with his new Turkish club Kasimpasa.
The 21-year-old Chelsea defender is on loan to Kasimpasa.
The AFCON 2013 winner said he is now looking forward to a great time with the Istanbul club when the season starts on August 15.
Kasimpasa’s opening day fixture will be away to Gaziantepspor.
"I am really excited with the deal to Kasimpasa,” Omeruo told AfricanFootball.com
“I am hoping to get a lot of game time with the club and also help the club achieve success when the season starts."
Kasimpasa could make Omeruo’s move permanent should the Nigeria defender impress during his loan spell.
And now Omeruo stands a better chance of remaining in the Eagles setup after new coach insisted his players must be featuring regularly in the top leagues in Europe.
By Olusola Alao

africanfootball.com//news/551888/Omeruo-relishes-first-team-action-in-Turkey
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Enyeama leads old guard to Oliseh's Eagles
[/size]
Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama is expected to lead several established Eagles stars to Tanzania for AFCON 2017 qualifier against the Taifa Stars, AfricanFootball.com has been informed.
Oliseh is expected to release his list of invited players for the game against Tanzania in the second week of August with the foreign-based professionals expected to join the team in Tanzania.
Lazio midfielder Ogenyi Onazi is ruled out of the encounter after his dismissal against Chad last month, but there will be a return for Enyeama, Mikel Obi and Victor Moses.
Eagles skipper Enyeama, whose differences with the NFF over his comments after the game against Chad have been sorted out, has been tipped as a key player in the plans of new coach Sunday Oliseh.
"From the way Oliseh spoke about Enyeama in our meetings, it tells you that the coach wants him to play a huge role in his team building for the Eagles" a top source disclosed.
"He said the experience of Enyeama is needed by the team but he also highlighted on the need to install discipline in the team."
The top sources also revealed: "We may not be seeing too many new faces in the Eagles from the start, but I think what Oliseh wants to do is change the mentality of the team because he believes the Eagles can win every match."
By Arafat Aliu
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/551877/Enyeama-leads-old-guard-to-Oliseh-s-Eagles
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles get bye into World Cup qualifiers
[/size]

By Kazeem Busari
Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh
The Super Eagles will not be part of the preliminary qualifying matches for the 2018 World Cup holding in Russia following the decision of the Confederation of African Football to group Nigeria among 27 elite teams in Africa based on the latest FIFA rankings.
Nigeria are currently 57th in the latest FIFA rankings, and 10th in Africa, even after dropping 14 places from 43rd in June.
The continent’s football body will be conducting the draw for the qualifiers on Saturday in St. Petersburg, Russia.
CAF said in a release on Tuesday that 53 teams would be featuring in the qualifiers, and 26 of them would play the preliminary round from October 5 to 13.
“The 26 lowest-ranked participating associations from the region will contest round one. The 13 highest ranked teams and the 13 lowest ranked teams will be drawn against each other to play over two legs on a home and away basis,” the statement read.
Niger, Ethiopia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Namibia, Kenya, Botswana, Madagascar, Mauritania, Burundi, Lesotho, Guinea Bissau and Swaziland are ranked as the best of the bottom 26 and will occupy Pot 1 on Saturday.
Pot 2 will contain the last 13 teams in the rankings – Tanzania, Gambia, Liberia, Central African Republic, Chad, Mauritius, Seychelles, Comoros, Sao Tome and Principe, South Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia and Djibouti.
[/b]

www.punchng.com/sports/eagles-get-bye-into-world-cup-qualifiers/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
I’m in Turkey to showcase my talents – Omeruo
[/size]

Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has joined Turkish Super Lig side Kasimpasa on a season-long loan deal from English champions Chelsea.
The 21-year-old, who joined Chelsea in January 2012, spent last season on loan at English Championship side Middlesbrough, making 22 appearances.
His switch comes after a vow to fight for a place at Chelsea this season. He said he decided to move to Turkey to enable him to showcase his talents.
“The target is to get a lot of playing time and help Kasimpasa achieve their objectives,” he told BBC Sport.
“I’ve come to Turkey to reciprocate the club’s determination to bring me here. I want to show the manager and the fans that they have made a good choice and I am completely focused on breaking into the squad and prove myself here.
“They have strong faith in my ability and I need to prove it. Last season was difficult because of injuries which affected me both at club and international level but I have put all that behind me.
“Kasimpasa approached Chelsea in a professional manner and the chance to test myself in a top league is very challenging.”
Omeruo underwent his medical at Kasimpasa on Tuesday before signing a deal, which includes an option for the Turkish club to buy him at the end of the loan.
The player has come a long way since joining the Stamford Bridge outfit from Belgian side Standard Liege – developing on loan at ADO Den Haag in Netherlands in an 18-month spell from 2012 to 2013, becoming an international regular and making his mark at Middlesbrough.
The centre-back was first called up by Nigeria in January 2013 and he went on to play at that year’s Africa Cup of Nations, helping the Super Eagles win the trophy, and at the World Cup the following year.
At that time he was also starring at English Championship side Middlesbrough, who he joined in January 2014.
He made 14 appearances in his first loan spell and after agreeing another season-long loan deal at the club he returned for a second spell to help Middlesbrough’s push for promotion in the 2014/15 season.
An integral part of the Eagles squad which reached the last 16 at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Omeruo has also represented Nigeria at the FIFA U-17, U-20 and the 2013 Confederations Cup.
[/b]

www.punchng.com/sports/im-in-turkey-to-showcase-my-talents-omeruo/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh can be another Westerhof – Taribo
By Tana Aiyejina
[/size]

Sunday Oliseh

Former Nigeria defender Taribo West has tipped the new Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh to follow in the footsteps of Dutchman Clemens Westerhof.
The former AC Milan centre-back, who dismissed concerns about Oliseh’s capability, threw his weight behind the Nigeria Football Federation’s decision to replace Stephen Keshi, who was sacked on July 5, with his former Eagles’ teammate. Westerhof guided Nigeria to their second Africa Cup of Nations title at Tunisia ’94 and helped the team to the second round of the 1994 World Cup in the United States.
Oliseh played in both tournaments.
Taribo said, “I think Oliseh will follow in Westerhof’s footsteps. Which experience did the Dutchman have before he came to Nigeria? But he is hailed as Nigeria’s best coach today. I think inexperience shouldn’t be used as a yardstick to judge the new coach.
“In his playing days, Oliseh was a player with character. He had the quality and I feel this will rub off on his players. Sabri Lamouchi was Ivory Coast’s coach at last year’s World Cup. He was my teammate in France. He was employed by the Ivorians without experience. So, we should give Oliseh a chance. Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo succeeded because they had vision.”
Taribo, who urged the new coach to instil discipline in the Eagles, expressed doubts about the calibre of players Oliseh said would make his team.
The former Eagles captain hinted at his unveiling in Abuja on July 15 that only players in top divisions would be considered for invitation to the national team, but Taribo wants Oliseh to reconsider his decision because of the dearth of Nigerian players in topflight leagues.
The former France-based defender said, “I think Oliseh needs to give his camp rules and ensure the players follow them. His relationship with the players is very important. Playing on the pitch is not the only issue. How to manage the players matters too.”
He added, “On the issue of only top division footballers playing for the national team, I think he was just telling the players to do better. But we do not have many players playing regularly in first divisions in Europe.
“I think Oliseh will reconsider his decision later. If we have a Nigerian playing and doing well in the second division, it will be unwise to drop such a player for another who is not regular in his first division club.
“If second division players can add value to the team, then let them come in. We need every Nigerian player now. If you are qualified for the national team, then you should be given a chance. The national team should be a level playing field for every player to prove himself.”
On Oliseh’s choice of a foreigner as technical assistant, Taribo said, “I don’t have problems with him coming with a white man. When you live in Europe for a very long time, your mentality becomes different from what we have here. And as such, you will want to bring people who know the job over there to assist you. What we need is result, and if the white man will help Oliseh get results, it’s okay.”
[/b]

www.punchng.com/sports/oliseh-can-be-another-westerhof-taribo/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Watford Fans Tip Ighalo For EPL Golden Boot
[/size]
By James Agberebi:
Watford fans are so impressed by Odion Ighalo’s pre-season form that some of them are tipping the Nigeria striker to emerge as the top scorer in the 2015/2016 Premier League season.
The Super Eagles forward has scored six goals in four pre-season games and the fans expect me to take the form into the new season.
Some of the fans took to Twitter after the team’s 2-0 win against Paderbon, in which Ighalo scored.
‎@igaMoore wrote: “I swear the #BPL fans are gonna enjoy watching Odion Ighalo.”
@ForeverHornets added: “Stand out performers for me were Prodl and Ighalo. Deeney not at his best but still 2 assists, Capoue both sloppy and brilliant #watfordfc.”
@MattKibbler is confident Ighalo will be on song in the new season, writing: “Watford not doing too badly in pre-season. Ighalo is currently a goal machine, hopefully brings that when the season starts!”
@danny_ion was so impressed, he was short of word. He wrote: “Odion Ighalo. Wow. #watfordfc.”
@Emmybalotelli made a bold prediction: “Ighalo always scoring for Watford…he’s going for the EPL golden boot.”
@max_hendo added: “Ighalo is having a brilliant pre season, Watford are blessed with strikers at the moment, long may it continue #watfordfc #YooouORNS.”
@SemtexSports wrote: “Ighalo is from another planet. Backing him for at least 10 next season. #WatfordFC.”
@DanielOwens1979 added: “#Ighalo has that brilliant knack of almost always being in the right place at the right time. Poachers instinct is priceless. #watfordfc.”
Meanwhile Ighalo has hailed the club’s pre-season training camp in Germany, stating that it has allowed the team’s new recruits to integrate with the squad.
The Hornets who gained promotion to the EPL, have added in their ranks Allan Nyom, Valon Behrami Giedrius Arlauskis, Sebastian Prodl, Etienne Capoue, Jose Holebas and Matej Vydrain ahead of the upcoming campaign.
According to watfordobserver.co.uk, speaking after the 2-0 win against Paderborn on Sunday, Ighalo said: “Yes, of course [the camp has helped us bond]. We have been together for a week with the new guys and we are playing together, training together, eating together and playing some cards together.
“I think it is really good for the team. We have bonded and I think that really helps us.”
Ighalo who has netted six goals in four pre-season games so far, however called on his team-mates to continue working hard ahead of the new season.
“They have been great, working hard together and we can see what they have put into the team. With the rest of us I think we have a good team but we still need to keep working hard to make sure we are ready to go for the season.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13040

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Odemwingie: I want to score more goals for Stoke City
[/size]
The Potters’ forward has set his sights on rediscovering his scoring form after overcoming his injury woes
By Shina Oludare

Peter Odemwingiehas expressed his desire to bounce back to scoring form for Stoke City as the new English topflight draws closer.
The Nigerian striker who joined the Potters in 2014 returned from an eight months long injury to first team action against Sunderland in April believes he will soon be back among the goals for Britannia Stadium giants.
"I forced it a little to make it in time to play a little at the end of last season because I felt I needed to. It would have been very sad to go into the summer having missed the whole season after my injury,” Odemwingie toldStokesentinel.
"The summer has made me even better because the rest has done me good. You can get back but still need a few months to be at your best.
"These injuries take longer than you think. You can be playing, but you are not 100 per cent yet. However, I feel better and better.
"Our medical department make sure I'm right every day and I'm doing the right preparation. I do everything right – and I do extra."
Odemwingie has been lifted by the arrival of new faces on his return to training, including £5.75m forward Joselu, rather than seeing them as rivals for a starting spot.
“There is a lot of competition, but that only excites me. It means we are going to do well as a group,” he continued.
"In my situation there is a lot of expectation about coming back from injury. That's probably not what I really need, but I am going to give my best.
"Knowing there are people who will do well means we are going to have a good season, secure our Premier League status again... and then go for the extras.
"We will all get game time. It's rare for one player to be in top form all season. Some were good at the end, some were good at the beginning but everyone has his time to stake his claim and everyone has a part to play.”
"We had a successful season last year and it's still our success. I didn't play a lot of games, but it's our group and I'm part of it. I was happy that the group won. That's the same with Bojan too. All my head's been in the new season,” he added.
"There will be spells when I will be scoring goals and there will be spells when it will be someone else. It is all that joined together that will hopefully make us a top 10 team again.
"I've been desperate to score even in pre-season. Maybe I have been in too much of a hurry. They are only friendlies, but it's still important for me to score.
"I'm happy I signed a new contract so I can play because I didn't want to end my Stoke days without a goal after that injury. It's going to come one way or the other. I'm sure of it,” he concluded.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13797962
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2015
[size=14pt]
Kasimpasa have option to buy Omeruo after loan
[/size]
Turkish Super League side Kasimpasa have an option to buy Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo after his season-long loan deal.
Kasimpasa, who once paraded Nigeria international Uche Kalu, finished 13th in the Turkish top flight last season. AfricanFootball.comfirst broke the player’s loan switch to Turkey.
Nigeria international Omeruo does not have a future at Chelsea after loan spells at Dutch club ADO Den Haag and Middlesbrough.
The 21-year-old stopper, who was variously linked with Celtic, Lille and Granada, announced his switch to Turkey on his Instagram page.
“New challenge #Kasimpasa,” Omeruo announced.
His adviser, Conleth Chika Akujobi, further confirmed the player’s transfer to Turkey.

thenationonlineng.net/kasimpasa-have-option-to-buy-omeruo-after-loan/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2015
[size=14pt]
Onazi Assures Fans
[/size]
Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi has turned in his message of appreciation to the fans for saving him from the hangman’s noose after having his fine and any further punishment waived by the Nff’s O&grin committee for the sending off in the Afcon qualifier against Chad.
”I want to thank them for their support and contribution. I followed the situation, all the fans that pleaded on my behalf about the fine.
”I want to assure them that I would never fail them and I’d make them proud for their support,” Onazi told www.footballlive.ng.
Onazi was shown a straight red for an off-the-ball incident in Nigeria’s first group game in the AFCON qualifiers against Chad in Kaduna.
He will serve a three-match ban.

thenationonlineng.net/onazi-assures-fans/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh sticks to old brigade
•Enyeama leads the pack
•Won’t make many changes
[/size]
Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama is expected to lead several established Eagles stars to Tanzania for AFCON 2017 qualifier against theTaifa Stars, AfricanFootball.comhas been informed.
Oliseh is expected to release his list of invited players for the game against Tanzania in the second week of August with the foreign-based professionals expected to join the team in Tanzania.
Lazio midfielder Ogenyi Onazi is ruled out of the encounter after his dismissal against Chad last month, but there will be a return for Enyeama, Mikel Obi and Victor Moses.
Eagles skipper Enyeama, whose differences with the NFF over his comments after the game against Chad have been sorted out, has been tipped as a key player in the plans of new coach Sunday Oliseh.
“From the way Oliseh spoke about Enyeama in our meetings, it tells you that the coach wants him to play a huge role in his team building for the Eagles,” a top source disclosed.
“He said the experience of Enyeama is needed by the team but he also highlighted on the need to install discipline in the team.”
The top sources also revealed: “We may not be seeing too many new faces in the Eagles from the start, but I think what Oliseh wants to do is change the mentality of the team because he believes the Eagles can win every match.”
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/oliseh-sticks-to-old-brigade/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Enyeama remains Eagles captain-NFF
•Keeper pardoned
[/size]
Vincent Enyeama will continue as captain of the Super Eagles after his disciplinary issue was ‘dealt with administratively’, the Nigeria Football Federation have confirmed.
There were initial concerns that the NFF had planned to strip Enyeama of his role as skipper of the team, after he was queried by the Glass House for making ‘unguarded comments’ about the choice of Kaduna for last month’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad. Nigeria won the game 2-0.
But chairman of the NFF Disciplinary Committee, Christopher Green has posited that the issue has been settled without Enyeama being fined and he will continue as the Super Eagles captain.
“He is the captain of the Super Eagles and will continue as such,” Green said.
“He is eligible to play any day any time because he does not owe us anything. The matter has been dealt with and he’s not being fined.
“The issue has been dealt with administratively and I can tell you that there is no problem and everything has been settled and of course he has been forgiven,” Green added.
Enyeama had voiced concerns over the security situation in Kaduna prior to their Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad in June, but went on to keep a clean sheet in the game.
The NFF however thought it necessary to ‘discipline’ the most capped Nigeria international for making what they described as ‘unguarded comments’, a development which drew so much criticism from Nigerians.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/enyeama-remains-eagles-captain-nff/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Moses Earns Mourinho Praise, To Stay At Chelsea
[/size]
By Adeboye Amosu:
Chelsea boss, Jose Mourinho, has heaped plaudits on Victor Moses for his superlative showing in the Blues pre-season opening game against New York Red Bulls and hints that the Nigerian will stay at Stamford Bridge.
The Nigerian winger was oustanding despite the English champions losing 4-2 to the Major League Soccer side.
Moses spent the last two seasons away on loan but Mourinho appears to want him to spend the new season at Chelsea.
The Chelsea Twitter handle all but confirmed Moses will be kept for the coming season when it tweeted: “Jose says he is happy with the performances shown by Moses and Traore tonight. They are both in his plans for the coming season. #CFCTour.”
The Super Eagles forward did enough to earn Mourinho’s praise after carving out Chelsea’s first real chance of the game but his effort was well saved by Kyle Reynish in goal for Red Bulls.
The former Wigan winger also came to scoring late in the first half when his effort struck the post.
Mourinho singled out the Nigerian for praise after the game despite his side’s shocking loss.
”Moses is strong, he’s experienced. He’s fast, he’s aggressive,” Mourinho told the post-match press conference. “He has to learn to play with us obviously. But I’m happy with his week, with his 45 minutes. The next match, 45 more minutes.
“Victor had an evolution over the last couple of years.”
Chelsea’s next match is on Saturday against Paris Saint Germain, the French side that knocked them out of the Champions League last season.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/moses-earns-mourinho-praise-to-stay-at-chelsea/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Mikel, Moses Go Down With Chelsea
[/size]
By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Super Eagles pair Victor Moses and Mikel Obi were in action on Thursday morning as Chelsea lost their first pre-season matcb 4-2 to New York Red Bulls in New York.
Moses however put in a commendable display despite the embarrassing defeat to the largely second string Red Bulls side, comple tesportsnigeria.com reports.
Moses who had words of praises from manager Jose Mourinho had Chelsea’s first chance in the fifth minute with a run down the left side, working his way into the box, but his low shot was kicked away by Kyle Reynish.
French striker Loic Remy scored Chelsea’s first goal in the 26th minute of the game with an assist by Oscar.
Moses went close to scoring for the Blues four minutes later, chipping Reynish as he came out of position to the right of goal, but his shot hit the post and was cleared from danger.
In the 41st minute, Remy missed the chance to score a second goal after Moses’ cross put him in front of Reynish’s goal but the former Marseille forward sent his volley over the goal.
Moses and Mikel both started the match and were replaced at the start of the second half when Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho made several substitutions.
Goals from Sean Davis (two), Franklin Castellanos and 16-year-old Tyler Adams gave the team with only four players with any MLS experience a surprise win over the 2012 European champions and five-time English league winners.
Eden Hazard scored Chelsea’s other goal.
Nigerian-born Briton, 18-year-old Olaoluwa Aina was introduced in the second half by Mourinho for Chelsea but he also made way in the 73rd minute for another English born talent with Nigerian roots, Dominic Solanke.
Chelsea’s next pre-season game is against PSG on Saturday.
[img][/img]
www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-moses-go-down-with-chelsea/
[/b]

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
[size=14pt]
Oliseh’s First Eagles Camp Opens 17 August
[/size]
By Johnny Edward:
New Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh will open camp for home-based players on 17 August in Abuja ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam in September, comple tesportsnigeria.com has been informed.
The former Nigeria captain, who signed a three-year deal that will last till 2018, explained that early preparation is necessary.
“Camp for the game against Tanzania will open on 17 August with the foreign-based players joining the team two weeks to the game,” Oliseh told comple tesportsnigeria.com exclusively.
“We need to start camping next month and we will definitely start off with the home-based players.”
Nigeria currently sit second on the log and trail group leaders Egypt on goal difference.

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13068
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ezeugo Faults Oliseh’s Appointment Process
[/size]
By Sab Osuji:
Former National team midfielder, Emeka Ezeugo has come down hard on the appointment of Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh as Super Eagles head coach following the sacking of Stephen Keshi by the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.
Ezeugo who was part of the Super Eagles squad to the 1994 FIFA World Cup finals in the United States of America, said the selection process was fraught with irregularities and full with tribal and ethnic sentiment.
“I’ve nothing personal against Sunday Oliseh but the truth is that due process was not followed in his selection process”, starts the former defensive midfielder who later coached Heartland FC in the capacity of assistant coach.
“Did they call for applications from coaches as was the case during the selection of Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia?
“Were there any interview for coaches who so applied for the job? Because if they had called for applications to fill the position, I would have applied even though I know that my application would have been rejected even before getting to them.
“All that we saw was a situation where the head of the federation shut other people out and appointed someone from his kindred without recourse to due process”, Ezeugo declared.
He nonetheless wished the new Super Eagles boss a successful tenure as Nigeria’s manager.
“Like I said earlier, I don’t have anything personal against Oliseh, he was my teammate in the Super Eagles and later captained the team.
“Truth is, if you plan to succeed, success will come, but you don’t plant corn and expect to harvest groundnut, it doesn’t follow.
“I’m a Nigerian, a patriotic one for that matter, so I won’t stop to say the truth whether those in authority like it or not.
“I want Oliseh to succeed, I want Super Eagles to excel so I will always wish him all the best in his new assignment”, Ezeugo posited.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13077
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
UCL: Ambrose Advances With Celtic; Rabiu, Madu Crash
[/size]
By James Agberebi:
Nigerians Efe Ambrose, Rabiu Ibrahim and Kingsley Madu were in action for their respective clubs in Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League second qualifying round second-leg matches.
Ambrose was a 52nd minute substitute for Mikael Lustig as Celtic defeated Stjarnan 4-1.
The home side scored first through Olafur Karl Finsen in the seveth minutes, but goals from Nir Biton and Charles Mulgrew, gave Celtic a 2-1 lead before the half-time break.
Two late goals in the 88th and 90th minutes from Leigh Griffith and Stefan Johansen respectively, gave Celtic a 6-1 aggregate win.
In the first leg played inside Celtic Park, Celtic won 2-0.
Meanwhile, Trencin who paraded Ibrahim and Madu against Steaua Bucuresti, crashed out of this season’s Champions League despite defeating the Romanian side 3-2. Trencin lost the first leg 2-0 at home.
Ibrahim was called into action in the 73rd minute, while Madu saw 90 minutes of action.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13071
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ujah Scores Goal No.7, Enyeama Back In Action
[/size]
—Ezekiel Makes Anderlecht Debut
By Johnny Edward:
Super Eagles striker Anthony Ujah scored his seventh pre-season goal for Werder Bremen who demolished German regional side Blumenthaler SV 9-0 in Wednesday’s pre-season friendly at the Burgwall stadium.
The former Mainz and Cologne forward doubled his side’s lead on the stroke of half time after Fin Bartels had given Werder Bremen the lead in the 19th minute.
A second half hat-trick from Levin Oztunali, a brace from Levent Aycicek and strikes from Izet Hajrovic and Julian von Haacke ensured Viktor Skripnik maintained their unbeaten run in pre-season.
In Belgium, Imoh Ezekiel made his debut for Anderlecht who defeated FCV Dender EH 3-1. The Al Arabi loanee played the first half of the win before being replaced.
At the Cambrai Stadium in France, Super Eagles skipper Vincent Enyeama played for 75 minutes in his first pre-season game for Lille as they edged Troyes by a lone goal.
Elderson Echiejile replaced Layvin Kurzawa in the 75th minute of Monaco’s 5-1 win over Leon Balogun’s Mainz. Balogun was on for 63 minutes of his side’s defeat.
In England, Nigerian forward Osaze Odemwingie was missing in action as Stoke City defeated Wrexham 6-0 at the Racecourse Ground.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13070
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Musa Targets Second Win Of Season Vs Sovetov
[/size]
By Johnny Edward:
Super Eagles winger Ahmed Musa is hoping CSKA Moscow build on their winning start against Rubin Kazan when they face Krylya Sovetov at the Metallurg Stadium on Friday.
Musa admitted that Rubin Kazan were a strong opposition but the result was a fair one despite his side squandering so many goal-scoring chances.
“I’m overwhelmed by the win,” Musa who scored the winner told his club website ahead of the away fixture.
“The main thing is that we gained three points. The opposition was very strong. It’s always tough to play against this team. We played good and I’m delighted with the win.
“The most important thing is that we won. The score could have been 2:0 or 3:0, because we created good chances. We didn’t capitalize on our advantage in the first half, but scored on the last minutes and gained the three points,”
“We are in good conditions. We didn’t stop on the pitch, we weren’t lowering our tempo from the start to the final whistle. The opposition was tough, but our physical conditions helped us to clinch the victory. I can say confidently that we are ready for the season,” Musa concluded.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13061
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Tanzania Postpone League Kick-off For Eagles Tie
[/size]
By Adeboye Amosu:
The Tanzania Football Federation has postponed the start of the 2015/2016 league season due to the Taifa Stars highly anticipated 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifying tie against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
The new league season was initially scheduled to get underway on August 22 but according to a report on Tanzania’s Daily News, the TFF has now postponed it to September 12, to pave way for the Taifa Stars’ preparations for the crucial game.
Tanzania will host three-time kings of Africa, Nigeria on match day-two of the qualifiers on September 5 at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam.
The Stars currently sit in last position on the table following a 3-0 defeat to the Pharoahs of Egypt on match day-one.
The Super Eagles on the other hand opened their campaign with a 2-0 win over Chad.
The match will be the first for the newly appointed Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Oliseh and his tanzanian counterpart, Charles Boniface Nkwasa.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/tanzania-postpone-league-kick-off-for-eagles-tie/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
[size=14pt]
Eagles’ job: NFF right on Oiseh–Sule
[/size]
By: Afolabi Gambari
Former Super Eagles defender, Abdul Sule, has commended the Nigeria Football Federation on its decision to appoint Sunday Oliseh as coach of the senior nation team.
Sule told National Mirror yesterday that Oliseh’s choice indicated NFF’s resolve to return the Eagles to the glorious past.
The Chairman of Kogi United and Confluence Queens, who played alongside Oliseh in the Eagles between 1992 and 1994, expressed optimism that the new Eagles gaffer would excel on the job.
“He’s exactly what Super Eagles need this time if we really want total discipline in the team,” the former Stationery Stores FC of Lagos star said.
Sule, however, enjoined the NFF and Nigerians to give Oliseh what he called total support to perform his duty.
“With additional support from the media and other stakeholders, I am confident he will succeed,” Sule concluded.

nationalmirroronline.net/new/eagles-job-nff-right-on-oiseh-sule/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Copa Libertadores Final Berth Excites Ike Uche
[/size]
By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Super Eagles striker, Ikechukwu Uche, on Thursday morning congratulated his Tigres UANL teammates after the Mexican side made history by reaching the final of the 2015 Copa Libertadores tournament.
Uche has been out of action due to a knee injury.
No Mexican club has played in the final of the tournament, but Tigres achieved that feat in the wee hours of Thursday when they defeated Brazilian club Internacional 3-1 in the second leg of their fixtures to qualify 4-3 on aggregate.
They had lost the first leg in Porto Alegre, Brazil 2-1.
Uche took to Twitter to express his elation with his team’s progress.
“Good work guys! Feliciades!! #SomoTigres #TigresPorLibertadores”
Uche had urged his team to go for victory before the game via same social media platform:
“Its gameday (against Internacional)! Go Tigres Go!
Former Marseille striker Gignac, who made his Tigres debut in the semi-final first leg in Porto Alegre, scored the opener at the Estadio Universitario de Nuevo Leon, heading Jurgen Damm’s cross into the net in the 18th minute of the game which kicked off 2am Nigerian time on Thursday morning.
Tigres led 2-0 at half-time after an own goal from Internacional’s Geferson, while they extended their lead further in the 57th minute through Egidio Arevalo.
The Mexicans will now play against Argentina’s River Plate in the final next week.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=13080
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Emenike: I will score goals 'beyond expectations' in Dubai
[/size]
Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike has told AfricanFootball.com in an exclusive interview he is looking forward to scoring goals in Asia "beyond expectations" after his sensational loan move to Al Ain of Dubai.
The full interview:
AFRICANFOOTBALL.COM: How do you feel taking on another challenge in your career with Al Ain of Dubai?
EMENIKE:Every move I have made in my career has always been great, this one to Al Ain will be greater. Since my days in South Africa, Turkey, Russia and back to Turkey, it has always been a wonderful experience.
I have never regretted any decision I take in my career and I am very confident that this is another greater moment for me.
I feel very happy, it radiates in my body system that I am pleased with the deal because I seek a new challenge which is here and I will work hard to deliver for the club at every point in time.
This move has a lot to do with my career and I am ready to work hard and get back to my scoring best.
Before this deal was sealed, had you ever thought of taking your career to Asia?
As a footballer, you are bound to play anywhere that you will be happy. Clubs in Asia are like every other clubs in Europe,
of course there are differences and that is why they are also progressing to ensure they meet the standard of European football.
Football is about movement. There are lots of top quality players from top European teams and leagues doing well here and exposing the game.
I have come to Al Ain to contribute my quota and add value to the team and the league just like what other African and European footballers have been doing here. Before now, I know I will play to a greater level, and for me, this is one of it.
Al Ain expect goals and great display from you, despite the fact that last season you struggled to score goals with Fenerbahce. Are you ready for this?
I am focusing on the future, I can only look at my past to see the mistakes I had made to keep getting better, but what happened last season doesn't make me a bad player. I am at Al Ain with great optimism, and it will not change.
Last season, I was baffled at what happened, I was not at the level I wished. In fact at some point, I almost lost confidence due to a lot of things around me. I really don't want to say much on those issues because I am still very much loyal to Fenerbahce. As a matter of fact, I never see those times as troubled times as such, but I believe it is one of those things that happen in life, it actually toughened me.
Remember I was received at Fenerbahce with a rousing welcome and I delivered in my first season. I scored goals, I won the league title and everything was perfect. But in the second season, things did not that go well, which is normal for any player.
Al Ain are top club in the Arabia Gulf league, they won trophies and compete season after season in the Asia Champions League. What are your targets with this club?
I have come here to deliver, nothing will change it. But I cannot do it alone, I am a team player, I will love to get going with my team mates and get the cooperation of everybody. I am not going to speak about my ability but my legs should be able to do a lot things about my coming to Al Ain.
The club has won three straight titles while Asamoah Gyan was here, can you also spur them to titles?
Of course, I am ready for that, I did it with Fenerbahce. I have no other mission here at Al Ain than to score goals and win titles. The expectation is obviously high and I am looking forward to justify the trust they have in me.
Are you under pressure to deliver the goals?
Not at all, the club know what I am capable of doing. I am good to score goals to win the titles. My mission here is to fly higher with the team. I am an instrument of success and it has brought joy to my career.
Al Ain are a reputable club here in Dubai and in the Asia continent. I know the task ahead of me and I am fully prepared for it.
I have come to work hard, play, score goals and win trophies. I will give all I have to score goals for this club. It is very important for me to do something different from what the fans have been seeing from other players.
My heart is here, my thinking is very positive and I am working had every day to hit top form before the league resumes.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/552242/Emenike-I-will-score-goals-beyond-expectations-in-Dubai
.....continue in the next post
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
.....continue from the last post
[b][size=14pt]
Emenike: I will score goals 'beyond expectations' in Dubai
[/size]
You have resumed training with the club. How did you see the atmosphere and the training compared to where you are coming from?
As for me, everything is perfect, I am adjusting to every bit of the training and with time, I will get better.
Are you under any pressure to fill the big void Gyan left at the club?
I am not under any pressure, I am good to go! It is not something I have to learn, it’s in me and I must prove it. I have scored goals in Europe, I know what it takes and it’s not a big deal coming to play for an ambitious club like this.
Leaving Fenerbahce does not mean I must prove them wrong. I am focusing on how I will score beyond expectations. And for Gyan, I am not here to fill his shoes or be Gyan. He’s a fantastic player, one of the best in Africa and he left Al Ain with a good record. I have come to make my own impact in the team.
It is not something that I must do with pressure. I am a natural striker and I will justify the confidence of the club and everybody.
While in Fenerbahce last season, what did you miss most on the pitch?
I missed my goals celebrations. Sometimes I felt bad when I walked off the pitch without the celebration, but I used to get over it when I contribute to the team's victory. Goal scoring is part of me and something I love to do every time, but if I don’t score, I am always eager to make a huge impact for the victory.
Before you moved to Al Ain, there are so many speculations linking you to clubs in the English Premier League and even a return to Russia. Did these interest you?
My situation at Fenerbahce brought out a lot of speculations. And that tells you I am not a bad player, there were a lot of clubs who showed interest in me, but Fenerbahce did not want me to leave. Clubs from England made offers, but I think Fenerbahce were not pleased with the offers or something.
My greatest concern is to be on the pitch, play and be happy. I will love to play in the Premier League, but I am never too desperate to do so.
You played at last year’s World Cup in Brazil. How was the experience?
It was the biggest moment in my career because that is the highest any player could wish to play at.
It is every player’s dream to play at the World Cup, so it was one of my childhood dreams. It is something that I will cherish. I am glad to have achieved such a big opportunity and fulfilled the dream.
But frankly speaking, I didn’t enjoy the tournament the way I wanted. The whole world expected the Super Eagles to spring surprises in Brazil.
The World Cup has now come and gone. It is now the future and how to get better in the subsequent edition.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/552242/Emenike-I-will-score-goals-beyond-expectations-in-Dubai
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
[size=14pt]
Moses and Solanke given Chelsea squad numbers
[/size]
The Nigerian forward will wear the Blues' No.20 jersey last worn by former Portugal international Deco, while his compatriot retains his No.35 shirt
By Shina Oludare

Returning Chelsea forward Victor Moses and Dominic Solanke have been assigned their squad numbers.
Moses, who returned to the Stamford Bridge after his loan move to Stoke City, will wear the No. 20 jersey. The jersey was so well associated with Deco during his spell with the Roman Army.
Academy players Dominic Solanke and Ola Aina impressed in the youth team last season, and as a result have been rewarded with the No.35 and No.34 while Ruben Loftus-Cheek retaining his No.36 shirt.
Both players are in line to feature in Saturday’s pre-season game against Paris Saint-Germain.

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13826842
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Longie: 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
Welcome Moses

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (161) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.