Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (257770 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
.....continue from the last post
[b][size=14pt]
Okpala: No regrets taking NFF to CAS
[/size]
People believed that you are a hard-liner?
I am not a hard-liner. It showed when I was with the Super Eagles at the Nations Cup. Some people only thought that they could push me aside, so I had to fight back. There was no reason for them to sack me. And when that happened I had to take measures within the rules of the game. I played football and football passed through me. And so at all times I want to ensure that the rules are followed. Other nations are obeying the rules, that is why their football is on top. You can’t cut corners, you must obey the rules and there is nothing like Nigerian factor in it.
I am not a hard man. I am only agitating for the right thing to be done. When you pay others and you don’t pay me like Maigari did, there is always going to be a problem. He gave me 50 percent of my bonus, when in fact the government gave him 100 percent (laughs) It is laughable; isn’t it?
If you see Maigari, will shake him?
I’ll shake him if he is willing to shake me. I don’t have anything against him other than he did not pay me. He is a good administrator. There is no enmity in sports. I am a sportsman who fights for his rights and the rights of players.
If am offered the job of the Eagles, I’ll take it. It is my fatherland. I am ready to work for my fatherland.
NB
Okpala went to CAS because Maigari ordered that his Nations Cup bonuses be slashed by 50%. NFF could not defend that action and Okpala won his case.
Keshi intends to fight for compensation for sacking him before the end of his contract. Okpala’s victory has encouraged him. John Obuh, Christian Chukwu, Amodu Shuaibu, Austin Eguavoen are among the coaches the football house owed salaries, bonuses and never settled before disengaging them. Same happens in our clubs. Okpala’s lead may change the face of Nigerian football even if it takes time.
[/b]

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/okpala-no-regrets-taking-nff-to-cas/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Official : Michael Olaitan Joins FC Twente On Loan From Olympiakos
[/size]

2010 Eredivisie champions FC Twente have announced the signing of ex Flying Eagles striker Michael Olaitan on loan from Greek powerhouse Olympiakos.
The 22 - year - old will remain at the De Grolsch Veste, Enschede until the end of the 2015 - 2016 season.
Speaking after the transfer was completed, Olaitan said to Twente’s official website : “For me, this move to FC Twente, a beautiful new step in my career.
“After discussions with my family, I have deliberately chosen this club. The Dutch football suits me, but also the tactics of FC Twente.
The facilities of the club and the atmosphere impress very much. I hope to score for the club a lot.”
Michael Olaitan spent the second portion of last season on loan at Super League side Ergotelis to get some games under his belt, having fully recovered after that unfortunate incident against Panathinaikos.
He still has a contract with Olympiakos until the end of the 2016 - 2017 campaign.
[/b]

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=15725
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by adegwurulez(m): 1:20am On Aug 03, 2015
Oliseh, luscuito and pinnick were present at wembley to watch moses and Mikel buh alas, mourinho rained on their parade.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 5:41am On Aug 03, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
Official : Michael Olaitan Joins FC Twente On Loan From Olympiakos
[/size]

2010 Eredivisie champions FC Twente have announced the signing of ex Flying Eagles striker Michael Olaitan on loan from Greek powerhouse Olympiakos.
The 22 - year - old will remain at the De Grolsch Veste, Enschede until the end of the 2015 - 2016 season.
Speaking after the transfer was completed, Olaitan said to Twente’s official website : “For me, this move to FC Twente, a beautiful new step in my career.
“After discussions with my family, I have deliberately chosen this club. The Dutch football suits me, but also the tactics of FC Twente.
The facilities of the club and the atmosphere impress very much. I hope to score for the club a lot.”
Michael Olaitan spent the second portion of last season on loan at Super League side Ergotelis to get some games under his belt, having fully recovered after that unfortunate incident against Panathinaikos.
He still has a contract with Olympiakos until the end of the 2016 - 2017 campaign.
[/b]

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=15725
We want this boy in Siasia's team.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

We want this boy in Siasia's team.
If you had read the list of players that Siasia outlined for this olympics team then, you would have seen his name on the list. Thank God he is on loan to a team that will allow him more playing time to express himself. If he performs well, he will surely get a look in by Coach Siasia.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

If you had read the list of players that Siasia outlined for this olympics team then, you would have seen his name on the list. Thank God he is on loan to a team that will allow him more playing time to express himself. If he performs well, he will surely get a look in by Coach Siasia.

Sorry I have nt seen d list.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2017 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Nigeria
Romania target Kehinde Fatai demands Eagles call-up
[/size]

Kehinde Fatai - He has asked for an Eagles call-up just as Romania have not given up bid to cap him.
Sparta Prague striker Kehinde Fatai may still be courted by Romania, but he has told AfricanFootball.co m he can reproduce his recent club form for Nigeria and so he expects Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh to soon call him up.
The former Nigeria U20 and U23 star has reportedly been courted by Romania to play for them at full international level, but he has insisted his heart is with his native country.
On Wednesday, he will have a chance to steer his Czech club past Ahmed Musa’s CSKA Moscow for a place in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League after he scored in a 2-2 draw in Moscow a week ago.
The full interview:
AFRICANFOOTBALL. COM: You have lots of offers in the summer, what makes you choose Sparta Prague?
KEHINDE FATAI:It is true that I had lots of offers, but the fact that Sparta Prague showed more seriousness and will play in the Champions League were the main reasons I accepted to join this team. The setting here is superb too.
Last week, you scored your first UEFA Champions League goal against CSKA Moscow, how did you feel?
I give God the glory. It was a great moment for me, I have scored in Europa league and getting a goal in the Champions League was great. I am so delighted about it.
What do you miss most about Romania?
I missed everything about the country. I arrived there at a young age and I have stayed there for a long time, making friends. My team mates and officials are my friends and family, I missed them all and the club fans too, they all made my stay in Romania a great one.
What do you now wish to achieve with Sparta Prague?
I just want to keep working hard to get goals as many as I could. I also want to help the team do well in the Champions league. I will be delighted to win trophies here.
Talking about the Champions League, your club drew 2-2 in Moscow with CSKA, can we say your team is through to the next stage?
We have the advantage after we got two goals away from home, but we won't relax as this is football where anything is possible. We are at an advantage but must take the second leg more seriously than the first leg.
So, you hope to score again to get past CSKA to the group stage of the Champions League?
That is my job, hopefully I will score again in the second leg, but my priority now is to see my team go through to the next stage of the competition.
What would you consider as the highlight of your career so far?
I have lots of great moments, I will pick the day I got my first call-up to Nigeria U20 team. I was so excited. To also feature at the U20 World Cup was great. I was in cloud nine when I scored my first hat-trick in the Europa League against Slovan Liberec.
Winning the Romanian Super Cup was great for me too. Getting the goal that sent Lyon packing in the Europa League was also a great moment. Really there have been many great moments for me.
Talking about national team, Romania football federation at a time wanted you to play for their country’s team, but was not approved by FIFA, did you feel bad about it knowing that some players in a similar situation were cleared?
I didn't feel bad about it. They wanted me and I they are still on it. They still talk to me about it and they are working hard on it to make it happen. I don't know how they want to do it but they keep
telling me they are on it, but I am right now focused on my club.
Are you still interested in playing for Nigeria having played for the country at U20 and U23 levels?
Yes, why not? I am a Nigerian. If the new coach Sunday Oliseh gives me an invitation I will take it. Nigeria is my country. After doing well in the Romanian league and in Europa league all this while, I think I deserve my chance.
But I am not bothered, I am focused on doing well for my club and see what happens as regards my international future. God's time is the best for everything in life, that's my belief.
You played against an ex-JUTH player Ahmed Musa of CSKA Moscow last week in the Champions League. What was it like for you?
We both played for JUTH but not at the same time, he joined JUTH after I had left for Romania. He is a good guy and a top quality player. After the game, we talked about Nigerian football.
Thanks for your time Kehinde.
It’s my pleasure.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557280/Romania-target-Kehinde-Fatai-demands-Eagles-call-up
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Sorry I have nt seen d list.

He released the list of about 47 foreign based players for trials with the Olympics team when he took over as Dream Team Coach.
[b][size=14pt]
Samson Siasia invites 47 foreign based players for Dream Team trials.

By Shina Oludare0
Dec 4, 2014 17:26:00
Head coach of the national U-23 team has invited forty seven foreign based professionals to battle for a place in the Dream TeamNigeria U-23 team gaffer Samson Siasia has sent invitation to 47 foreign based players to battle for a place in the Dream Team squad.
Top on the list is Manchester City prodigy Kelechi Iheanacho who leads former Golden Eaglets teammates Isaac Success, Taiwo Awoniyi and Musa Yahaya.
Invited players are expected to start arriving the Fifa Goal Project team camp from December 6, 2014. This is Siasia’s second stint in charge of the U23s. He led the team to winning silver at the Beijing Olympics Games and will be hoping to qualify the country for the All African Games and the 2016 Olympic Games.
LIST IN FULL
Goalkeepers
John Felagha (Eupen FC, Belgium, Sebastian Osigwe (SC Kriens)
Defenders
Noah Olawale Ojuola (St George FC) Godswill Elohor Ekpolo (FC Barcelona Spain), Semi Ajayi (Arsenal FC England), Nosa Egharevba (New York FC USA), William Troost Ekong (DFC Dordrecht Holland), Kelvin Akpoguma( TSG Hoffenheim Germany), Amstrong Chidi (lefke Turk kulub Cyprus), Kingsley Madu (AS Trencin), Dominic Iorfa(Wolves FC, England), Chima Okoroji( Bayern Munich Germany), Musa Muhammed( Beksiktas FC, Turkey),
Midfielders
Moses Simon Ajala (AS Trencin), Moses Odubajo (Brentford FC), Musefiu Ashiru(FC Midt Jylland), Kehinde Amoo Owoeye(KS Kastrioti Kruje), Gerald Chibueze Diyoke(HNK Rijeka FC, Croatia), Fred Onyedinma( Millwall FC), Chidi Osuchukwu(FC Braga), Lawal Abdulazeez Abidemi(Naftan Novopolofsk, Belarus), Anthony Bassey(Kas Eupen), Shehu Abdullahi(A Qadsia Kuwait), Samuuel Owolabi Olajide(HB Koge, Denmark), Kevin Effiong Bassey(SBV Wehen, Germany), Oladele Oshobe(Plovdiv Lokomotiv, Bulgaria), Anderson Esiti(Estoril Praia,Portugal), Samuel. M. Ayinoko(Angelholms FC,Sweden), Sunday D. Abalo(Rio Ave, Portugal)
Strikers
Michael Olaitan(Olympiakos, Greece), Paul Ebere Onuachu(FC Midt Jyliand), Imoh Fred ‎Friday(Lillestrom), Lucky Omeruo(Birkirkara FC Malta), Aminu Umar(Samsunspor FC, Turkey) Imoh Ezekiel (Alarabi SC, Qatar), Cedric Omoigui (Real Mallorca, Spain), Odion Goodness Ajayi(HNK Rijeka, Croatia), Isaac Success(Granada,Spain), Atanda Sodiq Ololade(FK Apolonia FC), Kelechi Iheanacho(Manchester City,England),Fosayo Adarabioyo(Crystal Palace,England),Uche Ikpeazu(Watford FC, England), Alex Iwobi( Arsenal FC, England) Taiwo Awoniyi( Kalmar FF, Sweden), Musa Yahaya(Tottenham FC, England), Maxwell Onyewuchi Alozie( Beni Sakhnin FC, Israel).
[/size]
www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/12/04/6767242/samson-siasia-invites-47-foreign-based-players-for-dream
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Left Back Elderson Echiejile Is On the Verge of a Loan Move
[/size]
By Mike Oboh
The League Management Company has warned that management of FC Taraba that punitive measures will be taken against the club if it fails to pay outstanding salaries of players and coaches.
The LMC formally charged FC Taraba for failing to meet financial obligation to its players and has in line with the provision of the relevant rules ordered the club to pay all amounts due within 60 days.
FC Taraba players have been owed salaries for several months and the LMC in wielding the stick cited Article B9. 45 which made it mandatory for terms of contract between a club and a player to be strictly adhered to.
It further stipulates that where a club fails to pay remuneration or entitlements due to players for a period of more than sixty days, such club shall be liable to deduction of six points and a further three points for every 30 days for which the amount due remains unpaid.
This will be the second time this season the LMC will move to exercise Summary Jurisdiction in a case of failure to meet financial obligation as a similar notice of summary jurisdiction was issued Dolphins of Port Harcourt before the mid-season break.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201508050551.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2017 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Chad
Oliseh: Eagles must beat Tanzania
[/size]

Eagles beat Chad 2-0 in their opening AFCON qualifier in June.
Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said the Super Eagles have to beat hosts Tanzania next month so as to stay on track for qualification to the 2017 AFCON in Gabon.
The Eagles are second in their qualifying group behind Egypt with only the group winners guaranteed automatic passage to Gabon 2017.
The three-time African champions failed to qualify for the 2015 AFCON in Equatorial Guinea.
“The match in Dar es Salaam is very, very crucial, not only because it will be my first match as head coach, but also because we have no choice than to win. The three points are important for us to keep up the tempo in our group,” said Oliseh.
“We are on the same three points with Egypt, though they have scored a goal more. That is why we cannot afford any slip along the way.
“We will deal first with the match in Tanzania, and then we will start thinking about the CHAN qualifiers with Burkina Faso in October, and then the World Cup qualifying fixture in November (against Zanzibar or Djibouti).
“There is a lot of work. After these matches, we will now start working towards the two AFCON qualifying matches we have with the Pharaohs (of Egypt) in March next year.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557078/Oliseh-Eagles-must-beat-Tanzania
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

He released the list of about 47 foreign based players for trials with the Olympics team when he took over as Dream Team Coach.
[b][size=14pt]
Samson Siasia invites 47 foreign based players for Dream Team trials.

By Shina Oludare0
Dec 4, 2014 17:26:00
Head coach of the national U-23 team has invited forty seven foreign based professionals to battle for a place in the Dream TeamNigeria U-23 team gaffer Samson Siasia has sent invitation to 47 foreign based players to battle for a place in the Dream Team squad.
Top on the list is Manchester City prodigy Kelechi Iheanacho who leads former Golden Eaglets teammates Isaac Success, Taiwo Awoniyi and Musa Yahaya.
Invited players are expected to start arriving the Fifa Goal Project team camp from December 6, 2014. This is Siasia’s second stint in charge of the U23s. He led the team to winning silver at the Beijing Olympics Games and will be hoping to qualify the country for the All African Games and the 2016 Olympic Games.
LIST IN FULL
Goalkeepers
John Felagha (Eupen FC, Belgium, Sebastian Osigwe (SC Kriens)
Defenders
Noah Olawale Ojuola (St George FC) Godswill Elohor Ekpolo (FC Barcelona Spain), Semi Ajayi (Arsenal FC England), Nosa Egharevba (New York FC USA), William Troost Ekong (DFC Dordrecht Holland), Kelvin Akpoguma( TSG Hoffenheim Germany), Amstrong Chidi (lefke Turk kulub Cyprus), Kingsley Madu (AS Trencin), Dominic Iorfa(Wolves FC, England), Chima Okoroji( Bayern Munich Germany), Musa Muhammed( Beksiktas FC, Turkey),
Midfielders
Moses Simon Ajala (AS Trencin), Moses Odubajo (Brentford FC), Musefiu Ashiru(FC Midt Jylland), Kehinde Amoo Owoeye(KS Kastrioti Kruje), Gerald Chibueze Diyoke(HNK Rijeka FC, Croatia), Fred Onyedinma( Millwall FC), Chidi Osuchukwu(FC Braga), Lawal Abdulazeez Abidemi(Naftan Novopolofsk, Belarus), Anthony Bassey(Kas Eupen), Shehu Abdullahi(A Qadsia Kuwait), Samuuel Owolabi Olajide(HB Koge, Denmark), Kevin Effiong Bassey(SBV Wehen, Germany), Oladele Oshobe(Plovdiv Lokomotiv, Bulgaria), Anderson Esiti(Estoril Praia,Portugal), Samuel. M. Ayinoko(Angelholms FC,Sweden), Sunday D. Abalo(Rio Ave, Portugal)
Strikers
Michael Olaitan(Olympiakos, Greece), Paul Ebere Onuachu(FC Midt Jyliand), Imoh Fred ‎Friday(Lillestrom), Lucky Omeruo(Birkirkara FC Malta), Aminu Umar(Samsunspor FC, Turkey) Imoh Ezekiel (Alarabi SC, Qatar), Cedric Omoigui (Real Mallorca, Spain), Odion Goodness Ajayi(HNK Rijeka, Croatia), Isaac Success(Granada,Spain), Atanda Sodiq Ololade(FK Apolonia FC), Kelechi Iheanacho(Manchester City,England),Fosayo Adarabioyo(Crystal Palace,England),Uche Ikpeazu(Watford FC, England), Alex Iwobi( Arsenal FC, England) Taiwo Awoniyi( Kalmar FF, Sweden), Musa Yahaya(Tottenham FC, England), Maxwell Onyewuchi Alozie( Beni Sakhnin FC, Israel).
[/size]
www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/12/04/6767242/samson-siasia-invites-47-foreign-based-players-for-dream
[/b]

Ok thanks. Its a pitty d African U23 Championship doesnt fall within d fifa free calender. However he can integrate d best of these players into d team if we qualify for d Olympics.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh hits Nigeria August 14
[/size]
by Samm Audu
Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh is expected to arrive Nigeria on August 14 to begin preparations for next month’s AFCON qualifier in Tanzania, AfricanFootball.com has been informed.
Enyimba ace Ezekiel Bassey in line for Eagles call-up
Oliseh meets up Liverpool ace Ibe
Oliseh has been away in Europe monitoring players as well as meeting up with some of them like Liverpool forward Jordon Ibe to convince them to feature for Nigeria.
On arrival in Abuja, the new Eagles coach will meet up with his assistants to design a training programme for the team.
AfricanFootball.com further gathered that the players from the local league to be considered for the AFCON clash in Tanzania are expected to report to camp on August 16.
Those of them selected from this training camp will then be joined by foreign-based pros in Tanzania in time for the qualifier scheduled for the weekend of September 4-6.
It will be Oliseh’s first match in charge of the Super Eagles.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557033/Oliseh-hits-Nigeria-August-14
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Ok thanks. Its a pitty d African U23 Championship doesnt fall within d fifa free calender. However he can integrate d best of these players into d team if we qualify for d Olympics.
my thought as well.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
[size=14pt]
Baby girl for Ahmed Musa
[/size]

Ahmed Musa at home with wife and son. They now have a girl in the family.
Nigeria international Ahmed Musa has a wonderful addition to his family after his wife Jemila delivered a bouncing baby girl on Wednesday in Moscow.
The elated CSKA Moscow forward announced to AfricanFootball.com the arrival of his second child.
"I am glad to tell you that my wife delivered a baby girl today, August 5th in Russia,” he said.
"I am happy about this and give God the glory."
His first child is Ahmed Musa Junior.
The former JUTH FC and Kano Pillars hit man is in Czech Republic to lead his team's attack as they face Sparta Prague in a UEFA Champions League third round qualifying game later Wednesday.
The first leg in Moscow ended in a 2-2 draw.

africanfootball.com/news/557271/Baby-girl-for-Ahmed-Musa
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Olaitan says he will adapt to Dutch football
[/size]
Michael Olaitan has said he hopes to adapt to the system in Holland after his goal-scoring debut FC Twente in a 1-1 draw with Schalke 04.
"Everything was new for me and now I have to get used to the system in the Netherlands. But the trainer has helped me,," ex-Nigeria U20 star Olaitan told the Twente website.
"It was a good game (vs Schalke), which helps us prepare for the start of the season.
“We have achieved a good result against a big team, but we have to keep working hard."
Olaitan maintained his lucky jersey number 99.
"Three years ago there was a famous player at my club Veria FC who wore this number. He decided to stop, and then became a director. When I told him I would wear his number and would break his goal record, he thought I want to bring pressure on myself, but I succeeded. Since then it has been my lucky number," he explained.
Olaitan has now returned to his firmer base in Greece so as to sort out all the paper work concerning his loan move to Holland.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557205/Olaitan-says-he-will-adapt-to-Dutch-football
cc: Icon4s

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Busy opening weekend for Ligue 1’s Africans
[/size]

Nigeria's skipper Vincent Enyeama
by Graeme Jackson.
The 2015/16 Ligue 1 kicks off with a full set of fixtures this weekend, and African players are set to be at the centre of the action in France’s top flight.
Champions Paris Saint-Germain, who have just one African in the first team squad (Ivory Coast right-back Serge Aurier), will start the defence of their title away to Vincent Enyeama’s Lille on Friday night.
Six games are scheduled for Saturday night, the pick of which sees Mahamane Traore’s Nice host Aymen Abdennour’s Monaco, while Nicolas N’Koulou should feature for Olympique Marseille when they host Caen.
On Sunday, Saint-Etienne will have their first taste of life without Max Gradel (who has been signed by Bournemouth in the Premier League) when they travel to Toulouse, while Olympique Lyon will hope Clinton N’Jie picks up where he left off last season when they host Alain Traore’s Lorient.
Weekend French Ligue 1 fixtures
Times CAT
Friday, 7 August
Lille v Paris Saint-Germain, 20h30
Saturday, 8 August
Nantes v Guingamp, 21h00
Montpellier v Angers, 21h00
Nice v Monaco, 21h00
Olympique Marseille v Caen, 21h00
Bastia v Rennes, 21h00
Troyes v Gazelec Ajaccio, 21h00
Sunday, 9 August
Bordeaux v Reims, 17h00
Toulouse v Saint-Etienne, 17h00
Olympique Lyon v Lorient, 21h00
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557571/Busy-opening-weekend-for-Ligue-1s-Africans
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
NFF keen on Corporate Nigeria funding: Oliseh to ring closing bell at Nigeria Stock Exchange on August 17
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/4b/54/nigeria-stock-exchange-floor_1e5xsdshr1y9c1lthn1bcypm4h.jpg?t=-41945354&w=620&h=430[/img]
The new Nigeria coach is set to close the stock market in two weeks as part of plans to position the senior national team as a veritable brand worth investing By Lolade Adewuyi
All things being equal, Nigeriacoach Sunday Oliseh will ring the closing bell of the Nigeria Stock Exchange in Lagos on Monday, August 17 during a special visit targetted at taking the Super Eagles brand to corporate organizations,Goalcan exclusively confirm.
As part of plans of the Amaju Pinnick-led Nigeria Football Federation, Oliseh would be guest of honour at the NSE in Marina in order to reach out to corporate Nigeria and share the new vision of repositioning the country’s football.
The NSE is a privately held company that made 4billion Naira operating profit in 2014.
A source in the Glass House told Goal that the NFF leadership hopes to place the Super Eagles as a veritable brand which corporate organizations cannot afford to overlook.
“Pinnick’s recent travels have been in order to meet with investors who are keen on partnering the NFF and the Super Eagles,” the NFF official said.
“The first major move to show that the NFF is being accepted into the right circles would be Oliseh ringing the closing bell at the NSE. It has never been done before by a Nigerian sports personality and it would position the NFF as a brand to be taken seriously.”
Goal confirmed from an official at the Stock Market that Oliseh’s visit would help the NFF to explore ways in which to fund many of its programmes.
“There’s money in football,” said the NSE staff, “and the Nigerian capital market is one opportunity for [the NFF] to raise capital when they need money.
“It is the first time we are having a sports person ring the closing bell of the NSE even though the victorious Golden Eaglets of 1985, who won the U16 World Cup in China, visited the stock exchange but they did not ring the bell,” he said.
Pinnick’s recent trip to London, Goal also learned, was to meet an influential businessman who requested to have a personal meeting with the new coach. The businessman was said to have been impressed by Oliseh’s presentation and general carriage.
With the NFF needing to pay huge salaries of coaching staff as well as upcoming engagements which include qualification matches for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, 2016 African Nations Championship and the 2018 World Cup all coming up in the next three months, the federation is keen to speak to investors who will help ease its financial burdens.
The senior women national team and the U23 men’s team would also travel to Congo for the All African Games next month, the official indicated that it was the reason for trying to reach out to the corporate world in order to ensure they invest in the country’s football.
According to figures stated by League Management Company boss Shehu Dikko recently, Nigerian brands spend at least 150billion Naira on corporate communications annually.
Hence, there is need for Nigerian national football teams and domestic clubs to position themselves in order to get a share of the big money.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2015/08/05/14177172/oliseh-to-ring-closing-bell-at-nigeria-stock-exchange-on
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ahmed Musa’s brace sends CSKA to Champions League play-offs
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/f9/45/ahmed-musa-cska_1ik95uamh1yaw10ox5r7p2n172.jpg?t=-1164890466&w=620&h=430[/img]
The Nigerian got a goal in each half for his Russian side as they came from a goal down to stun Sparta Prague at the Generali ArenaAhmed Musa was the hero for CSKA Moscow who came from two goals down to defeat hosts Sparta Prague 3-2 in the second leg third qualifying round of the Uefa Champions League.
Leonid Slutsky’s men had played out a 2-2 draw in the first leg at the Arena Khimki – and needed a win away to secure a spot to the next round of the qualifying stage.
Ladislav Krejci put the hosts ahead in the sixth minute before Kehinde Fatai added the second for Sparta ten minutes later.
With the odds against CSKA to progress, Musa was on ground to reduce the deficit in the 34th minute as he put his team back on level terms six minutes after the restart of the second half before Alan Dzagoev sealed the win for the Russians.
Having qualified 5-4 on aggregate, CSKA are likely to face Manchester United in the last qualifying round for a slot to the group phase of Europe’s top club competition.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2015/08/06/14197212/ahmed-musas-brace-sends-cska-to-champions-league-play-offs
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:33am On Aug 06, 2015
[size=14pt]
Super Cup: Onazi to start against Juventus
[/size]
According to projections by the Italian media, Eddy Onazi will be named in the starting line – up when Lazio tackle Juventus in the Super Cup on Saturday.
Tuttomercatoweb.comsays the Biancocelesti manager, Stefano Pioli, is planning to deploy a 4 – 3 – 3 formation, with Onazi handed one of the spots in midfield alongside Biglia and Cataldi.
Over the course of last season, the Nigeria international started only nine games out of a possible 45, and was an unused substitute in Lazio’s 2 – 1 loss to Juventus in the final of the Italian Cup.
The 22-year-old has racked up 88 appearances for Lazio across all competitions since he made his debut.
The central midfielder will not be called – up for the Super Eagle AFCON qualifying tie with Tanzania after he was red – carded against Tanzania in June.

thenationonlineng.net/super-cup-onazi-to-start-against-juventus/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
James, Latifu celebrates Aalesund’s win over Owello’s IK Start
• Congratulates Oliseh on his Eagles’ appoin
[/size]
Three Nigerian players in the Norwegian league: Solomon Owello IK Start, Leke James and Akeem Latifu both of Aalesund set aside time to unwind briefly after both clubs clashed in a Tippeligaen, matchday 18 tie last Sunday.
Aalesund won the tie 2-0 with Aron Elis Thrandarson and Jo Nymo Matland second half strikes in the 53rd and 64th minutes of the encounter played at the Color Line Stadion.
Speaking withSportingLifefrom his base, James said that he and other Nigerian stars had time off the pitch after the tie to speak about their families and to think about life after football.
He also said Aalesund would strive to improve on their last result with IK Start when they tackle FK Haugesund this weekend in a Matchday 19 tie away from home.
“We had nice time after the game and Owello was happy to unite with us. I am happy with the result and I am looking forward to our next match with FK Haugesund this weekend,” James toldSportingLife.
James’ team mate at Aalesund, Akeem Latifu was also happy to record another win for the club, which takes the team to 10th on the log with 22 points from 18 matches.
Latifu charged his team mates never to get carried away with the result ahead of another tough encounter with FK Haugesund this weekend.
The former Flying Eagles’ defender to FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada in 2007 has also congratulated the new Super Eagles’ helmsman, Sunday Oliseh on his appointment as Nigeria’s senior national team head coach.
He said he wishes Oliseh well at the helm of the Eagles as the team strive to qualify for both the AFCON 2017 and 2018 World Cup slated for Russia.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/james-latifu-celebrates-aalesunds-win-over-owellos-ik-start/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2015
[size=14pt]
Nigeria Premier League 2015 Nigeria
Akpeyi passes Chippa medical
[/size]
Nigeria goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi has passed a routine medical at South African Premier League side Chippa United, AfricanFootball.com can report.
Bafana friendly got Akpeyi Chippa deal
His representative, Mohammed Lawal, told AfricanFootball.com the deal is almost sealed with only for both teams to agree on the payment of his transfer fee.
"Daniel (Akpeyi) is here in South Africa, he arrived last week and passed the medical on Monday,” Mohammed reported.
“Both clubs are taking about the payment, that's the only thing that remains to conclude the move."
Akpeyi has represented Nigeria at U20 and full international levels. He has played for Gabros, Heartland and Nasarawa United.

africanfootball.com//news/557496/Akpeyi-passes-Chippa-medical
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Busy opening weekend for Ligue 1’s Africans
[/size]
by Graeme Jackson
The 2015/16 Ligue 1 kicks off with a full set of fixtures this weekend, and African players are set to be at the centre of the action in France’s top flight.
Champions Paris Saint-Germain, who have just one African in the first team squad (Ivory Coast right-back Serge Aurier), will start the defence of their title away to Vincent Enyeama’s Lille on Friday night.
Six games are scheduled for Saturday night, the pick of which sees Mahamane Traore’s Nice host Aymen Abdennour’s Monaco, while Nicolas N’Koulou should feature for Olympique Marseille when they host Caen.
On Sunday, Saint-Etienne will have their first taste of life without Max Gradel (who has been signed by Bournemouth in the Premier League) when they travel to Toulouse, while Olympique Lyon will hope Clinton N’Jie picks up where he left off last season when they host Alain Traore’s Lorient.
Weekend French Ligue 1 fixtures
Times CAT
Friday, 7 August
Lille v Paris Saint-Germain, 20h30
Saturday, 8 August
Nantes v Guingamp, 21h00
Montpellier v Angers, 21h00
Nice v Monaco, 21h00
Olympique Marseille v Caen, 21h00
Bastia v Rennes, 21h00
Troyes v Gazelec Ajaccio, 21h00
Sunday, 9 August
Bordeaux v Reims, 17h00
Toulouse v Saint-Etienne, 17h00
Olympique Lyon v Lorient, 21h00
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557571/Busy-opening-weekend-for-Ligue-1s-Africans
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Chase Ibe, Oliseh Meets With Liverpool Star
[/size]

Nigerian officials have met with Liverpool starlet Jordon Ibe in a bid to make him ditch England and play for the Super Eagles, claims the Mirror.
Ibe, 19, has played for England at U-18, U-19 and U-20 levels but he is eligible for the Super Eagles through his Nigerian father, David.
Jordon is in line to start at Stoke this weekend after impressing Brandon Rodgers in pre-season and he could get an England U-21 call-up.
But Nigeria have made a move to prevent Ibe from becoming a full England international as the Mirror reveals that representatives from the African nation were at Liverpool’s Melwood training ground on Wednesday to sound out the player over a switch of allegiances.
That could persuade England boss Roy Hodgson to accelerate his progress into the full England squad — especially after Rodgers offered a glowing reference about the youngster’s progress.
Ibe has been a star of Liverpool’s pre-season and that has put him at the forefront of his club manager’s plans, with Rodgers explaining the winger will be given the chance to shine this season.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nigeria-intensify-ibe-chase-meet-with-liverpool-star/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Uche Proud Despite Libertadores Defeat
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Super Eagles striker Ikechukwu Uche is proud of his Mexican side Tigres UANL despite their 3-0 defeat in the wee hours of Thursday against Argentina’s River Plate in the second leg final of the 2015 Copa Libertadores.
The 0-0 stalemate in the first leg gave Los Millonarios a slight edge, but the Mexicans fancied their chances of silencing the fans at the Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti in Buenos Aires.
Tigres were looking to become the first Mexican side to win the Copa Libertadores Championship but could not actualise that dream losing 3-0 to their rivals in the second leg after that drab goalless draw in the first leg.
Uche who is recovering from a knee injury tweeted after the game:
“Despite the loss, I’m proud to be part of this team.”
Alario headed in at the near post in the 45th minute to send River on their way to a third Copa title and first since 1996.
Sanchez was fouled in the penalty area in the 75th minute, he dusted himself up and converted his spot-kick and Mori headed in a corner in-between the keeper’s legs in the 79th minute.
The final monitored by comple tesportsnigeria.com saw nine yellow cards in a feisty encounter.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/uche-proud-despite-libertadores-defeat/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Moses Limps Off, Mikel Starts As Chelsea Lose Again.
—Mourinho Allays Nigeria Star’s Injury Fears
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/moses-shines-again-as-chelsea-beat-barca/[/img]
Victor Moses
By James Agberebi:
Nigeria internationals, John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses, were in action for Chelsea in their 1-0 loss to Fiorentina, in the International Champions Cup.
It was Chelsea’s second straight defeat after their loss to Arsenal on Sunday.
Both started the match, but Moses was taken off early in the second half after appearing to have picked a knock.
However, moments after the match, when asked about Moses, Mourinho was quoted by the Chelsea Twitter handle saying: “He has no problem.”
The Super Eagles winger has been one of Chelsea’s best player in pre-season, in which they have not won any match in regular time.
The only goal of Wednesday night’s match was scored by Rodriguez on 34 minutes after Asmir Begovic spilled a shot.
Moses was the liveliest Chelsea players in action, while Mikel had a quiet game. Moses was a contant threat to the Fiorentina defence and he suffered from several rough tackles.
The duo were eventually substituted as Moses came off for Ramirez in the 54th minute, while Mikel was replaced at half time by Nemanja Matic.
Also in action was youngster Ola Aina, who came off before the start of the second half.
In Sunday’s Community Shield against Arsenal, Moses came in towards the end of the match while Mikel was an unused substitute.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will begin the defence of their EPL title against Swansea.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/moses-limps-off-mikel-starts-as-chelsea-lose-again/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Delegation Courts Ibe To Make International Switch
[/size]
Liverpool's young winger has earned the attention of the Nigerian national team, and they decided to pay him a visit on Wednesday to attempt to persuade him to become a Super Eagle for his future international endeavors. At least they would keep him away from Roy Hodgson.
[img]http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/[/img]
By Zachary A. Marx
According to reports from The Echo, Liverpooland current England U-20 international Jordon Ibehas met with a delegation from Nigeria to discuss a possible international switch.
Ibe, a Londoner by birth, would also qualify to play for the Super Eagles because his father is Nigerian.
Under FIFA's so-called " One Time Switch" policy, players are able to play for one country at the youth international level, and another as a senior, provided the player make the switch before their 21st birthday and before having made a competitive senior level appearance.
So far, Ibe has featured for England's youth international squad as a U-18, U-19, and U-20. He is expected to soon make the jump to England's U-21s.
Unless England manager Roy Hodgson decides to call up the young winger soon, Ibe will have plenty of time to ponder any possible switch as he does not turn 21 until December 5, 2016.
Regardless of his decision, all of this international attention is quite the compliment for Ibe. And from a Liverpool perspective, perhaps having him spend his international breaks away from the unwatchful eye of Hodgson is a good thing.
Former Liverpool loanee Victor Mosesalso played under England's youth set up before committing to the Nigerian senior squad.
[/b]

liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2015/8/6/9106299/nigeria-delegation-courts-ibe-to-make-international-switch

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: Support Oliseh or Forget International Football for Ten Years - Peterside
[/size]
By Mansur Abubakar
Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Idah Peterside has challenged Nigerians to either give new manager Sunday Oliseh all the needed support to succeed or forget about football in the next ten years.
The Super Sports pundit was reacting to criticisms that trailed the former Juventus' midfielder trip alongside Nigeria Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick to watch Sunday's Community Shield final between Arsenal and Chelsea while shunning the much hyped Enyimba against Rangers game in Aba and also two of the country's national teams' matches the same day.
"We should all support Oliseh or our football is finished for the next ten years, that's the truth" the former Moroka Swallows shot stopper wrote on twitter.
Pinnick had on Monday reacted to the issue, saying it became necessary for him to respond to the barrage of criticisms to make the critics understand that he was in London for business not pleasure.
He first reacted via Twitter before the NFF made a full response on their website.
"Hello all, no doubt I am an Arsenal fan but I will never relegate my calling at NFF for Arsenal," he said.
"When Arsenal was playing against Manchester some months ago, I was on the road to Ibadan to watch 3SC against Rangers."
While Pinnick was in London, the Falcons, lost 2-1 to Equatorial Guinea in Bata and missed a chance to participate in the 2016 Olympics, but the U-23 team led by Samson Siasia held the Congolese to a 0-0 draw in Pointe Noire, to qualify for the final round of the Rio 2016 qualifiers billed for Senegal.
"We had a number of meetings with some groups who have indicated interest in Nigerian football," Pinnick explained.
"It is my responsibility to expatiate on the direction that we want to take Nigerian football, and Oliseh is our head coach now and they needed to listen to his own development plans as well.
"The meetings we have had so far have been positive, and we expect great results. Ideally, it is not every move we make, or every plan we have, that we throw out there into the public." The NFF helmsman concluded.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201508060855.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Two countries fighting over Jordon Ibe
[/size]

Jordon Ibe
by Biscan's Boots
Jordon Ibe is desperately wanted by both the England and Nigeria football federations – and both are trying to convince the starlet to commit his international future, reports the Echo.
Ibe’s been playing for various England youth sides at Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 level, but on Wednesday, officials from Nigeria travelled to Melwood in an attempt to persuade Ibe – who has a Nigerian father.
Ibe, despite being born in London, will no doubt have been flattered, as Nigeria head coach Sunday Oliseh actually turned up to speak to the 19-year-old flyer.
SEE MORE:
Liverpool’s ultimate Premier League opponent guide – how to beat them, danger men, weaknesses & more
It’s no surprise to see Nigeria wanting Ibe, who has been easily our best player during pre-season, and is a strong possibility to start versus Stoke on Premier League opening day.
From a Liverpool perspective though, it would be beneficial for Ibe to choose England. Not only would it likely be a year or so before he came a regular for England, whilst he’d get into Nigeria’s side now, but if he chose to represent the latter, we’d have him unavailable for one month every two years due to the African Cup of Nations.
[/b]

www.empireofthekop.com/2015/08/06/two-countries-fighting-over-jordon-ibe/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles hitman destroys FC IfeanyiUbah
[/size]

By George Aluo
SUPER Eagles forward, Gbolahan Salami was on rampage yesterday in the Glo Premier League, as his brace helped his club, Warri Wolves to record an emphatic 3-0 victory over struggling Nnewi side, FC IfeanyiUbah in one of the match week 21 fixtures.
Just as the mid week matches were being decided, or­ganizers of the league, the League Management Company (LMC) opted to spoil their headline sponsor, Globacom with 95, 000 popular terrace match tickets and 9, 500 re­served terrace access cards.
Lobi Stars of Makurdi playing at home also recorded a 3-0 victory over Bayelsa United, while defending cham­pions, Kano Pillars and 3SC got a result, courtesy of late penalties. Pillars were awarded an 80th minute penalty that saw them beat Heartland of Owerri by 2-1, while Shooting recorded 2-1 victory over Wikki.
The LMC stated that the customized cards exclusively produced for Globacom was in furtherance of the League’s renewed commitment to delivering world class hospitality services to sponsors of the league.
The tickets, printed in fine quality stationery allows in­stant passage to any Glo Premier League match by holders.
It would be noted that the average attendance at Glo Premier League games had risen from about 2, 500 in the 2013/14 season to over 6, 000 this season, a development informed observers attributed to reforms, which the LMC initiated and began implementing since the 2012/2013 sea­son.
[/b]

sunnewsonline.com/new/eagles-hitman-destroys-fc-ifeanyiubah/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
England on alert as Nigeria approach Liverpool star Jordon Ibe over
[/size]
Nigeria have held talks with Liverpool starlet Jordon Ibe in an attempt to persuade him to ditch England and pledge his allegiance to the Super Eagles.
By Paul Joyce

Jordon Ibe is a man in demand on the international stage.
The Football Association will now redouble their efforts to keep hold of the talented Ibe, who has already represented England at Under-18, U19 and U20s level and has attracted attention from senior coach Roy Hodgson.
Nigeria head coach Sunday Oliseh led a high-powered delegation at Melwood yesterday for discussions with the 19-year-old on his international future.
The winger grew up in Bermondsey, London, but his parents hail from Nigeria and the personal visit from Oliseh underlined how the African country hopes Ibe will follow the likes of Victor Moses and Victor Anichebe in playing for them.
Ibe would be a major loss to England, however, and can expect to be promoted into Gareth Southgates U21s set-up this season.
He will not be bound to England until his plays in a competitive game for them but the FA are keen to keep him within their set up and Southgate and FA Technical Director, Dan Ashworth, are now likely to get in touch and counter Nigeria's overtures.
The pathway from England's development teams into the senior side has been clear in recent years and the FA, who are still awaiting a decision from Aston Villa's Jack Grealish on whether he plays for them or the Republic of Ireland, believe Ibe can make progress.
Liverpools £29million summer recruit Roberto Firmino is likely to miss out on a starting role at The Britannia as he continues to work on his fitness.
[/b]

www.express.co.uk/sport/football/596310/England-alert-Nigeria-Liverpool-Jordon-Ibe-International-Future
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh wants 18 foreign pros for AFCON clash
[/size]

Mikel - Set for Eagles recall
by Samm Audu
AfricanFootball.com has again scooped that Nigeria Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has proposed a squad of 18 foreign-based professionals and five players from the domestic league for next month’s AFCON qualifier in Tanzania.
However, there are suggestions that Oliseh should accommodate more players from the league for the match against Tanzania.
Eagles vs Black Stars in London?
“Oliseh wants to list 18 professionals from overseas for the match in Tanzania, while five places will be left for the players in the local league. But some have asked that he increases the number of the players from the league,” a top official informed AfricanFootball.com
The foreign-based pros are expected to fly directly to Tanzania, where they will join up with the coaches and the players from the league.
The Eagles training camp is expected to open on Sunday, August 16, in Abuja with players from the domestic league.
The players who impress in this training camp will make the final squad to Tanzania.
On Wednesday, NFF technical committee chairman Felix Anyansi-Agwu confirmed AfricanFootball.com exclusive that Oliseh, who has been in Europe monitoring and meeting with the country’s top stars, will arrive Nigeria on August 14.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/557641/Oliseh-wants-18-foreign-pros-for-AFCON-clash

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (161) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.