Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter (70621 Views)

Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / 8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / Adams Oshiomhole's Handshake With Elizabeth Ativie (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 17, 2015
Beremx:
Nigerians and their hypocrisy! The king of Saudi Arabia is seen in the picture below shaking Mitchell Obama.

What will they say it is,a sin too?

mtscheew!

wetin concern Nigerians. Its an Islamic problem so talk accordingly

3 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by muaa(f): 9:30pm On May 17, 2015
Nigerians... making a mountain outta a molehill since 1960. mtcheww
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by meforyou1(m): 9:30pm On May 17, 2015
I keep asking myself, why on earth am I in the same country with Nigerian Muslims? So hypocritical people. See pix of Saudi Arabia shaking Mitchell Obama. In countries like turkey, their Muslim women don't even cover their hair, but here secondary school children nearly set osun on fire because of hijab

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 17, 2015
Mtcheew, another t€rrorists' thread. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 17, 2015
People like making noise. This noise is uncalled for. Handshake is an expression of courtesies. GMB is courteous. Basic.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by oyin01(m): 9:31pm On May 17, 2015
This goes out to all Moslems. From the day General Muhammadu Buhari won the election. He seizes to become a Moslem. This is Nigeria, and its a country populated with ALL RELIGIONS you can ever think of... And as it is, He is the president of all. So get ready to see him shake more female hands and get ready to see him in Churches... Besides it wasn't only Moslems that voted him in... So get ready cos Change has actually arrived. God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by armadeo(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
its okay to mount some 13yr old child, but a sin to shake a woman.

now that's ironic

18 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Omotayor123(f): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
During d presidential campaign Aisha Buhari received handshakes too na. If u are in Rome u behave like a Roman #

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Ekugbeh(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
If his faith demands dat den ah think he shud respect dat. *frm ma standpoint tho*

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Idrismusty97(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:
Islam is strictly against a man shaking hands with a woman or vice versa. And I'm sure that GMB is aware of this.I'm surprised he does that or he thinks being a president makes him above the laws of the sharia?
Michelle Obama is next! And then Hillary Clinton and then the German chancellor and then the Brazilian president and then every damn female who pay a visit. If you are not comfortable with him shaking females you can go bomb yourselves. Nigeria must be a true secular state. The people who brought the religion to you are shaking females hands, or are you practicing an upgraded version of Islam? You people should not spoil this adminstration with your religion stuff, he is representing the WHOLE Nigeria not you alone.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by adeA1(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
I dnt care since it s 'll d makin of Tanoid&satanist/pdpites airin of a non-issue.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Dannyswit(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:
Islam is strictly against a man shaking hands with a woman or vice versa. And I'm sure that GMB is aware of this.I'm surprised he does that or he thinks being a president makes him above the laws of the sharia?
Does it mean he should be tried and his hand cut off... Abeg I don't want a handicapped president

6 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Qmab: 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
Why can't they live the man alone. If he was such a religion fanatic he would never have ran for president. Moreso, presiding over a nation is similar to being a king in yoruba land where they say:the king has no religion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by IceDude(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
Whats wrong wt this pple sef? undecided. Must they take everytin serious?...U see hajia face problem, u hug hajia problem, u shake hajia na wahala... Nawa o!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by onyediya8(f): 9:33pm On May 17, 2015
Kakakino:

http://www.kakakino.com/2015/05/buhari-lara-oshiomholes-handshake-cause-commotion-on-twitter/
This photo of president-elect Muhammadu Buhari shaking hands with Lara Oshiomhole has sparked a heated debate on Twitter.
Some say that the handshake was inappropriate from the viewpoint of some Islamic tenets. While others see nothing wrong with the handshake.

Here are some tweets about the matter:

What is are thoughts about this?

SOURCE: http://www.kakakino.com/2015/05/buhari-lara-oshiomholes-handshake-cause-commotion-on-twitter/

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by charger09(m): 9:33pm On May 17, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
GMB is the President-elect of Nigeria and not the President of the Muslims ...I see no reason why he can't shake hands with the opposite sex.
who is dis?
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Descartes: 9:33pm On May 17, 2015
...and they say that APC is not a Muslim Brotherhood of Party Nigeria(Egyptian version) headed by a "fundamentalism"?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by LesbianBoy(m): 9:33pm On May 17, 2015
God abeg na! Give these people work so they can leave 'hating' alone! Abeg! Na beg i dey beg! angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by cyprus000: 9:33pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
The poster above ^^^ is a fool!

If you post below me, you are a goat!

And if you quote me, i will kill you!
[size=13pt]
oya kill me

Cos if you don't..u will never see good thing in life.

All your effort on earth,will be in vain
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by bishopcarterIV: 9:34pm On May 17, 2015
Some people need to be educated on how to make comment.. Why didn't these people consider his position? He will shake hands with the opposite sex no matter what..

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by fulfillment2020(m): 9:34pm On May 17, 2015
Beremx:
Nigerians and their hypocrisy! The king of Saudi Arabia is seen in the picture below shaking Mitchell Obama.

mtscheew!
Don't mind them, they are being holier than the pope.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Kingsean(m): 9:34pm On May 17, 2015
who is Allah? he must be a rapist

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 9:34pm On May 17, 2015
Now I know why Nigeria is where it is today......useless and retrogressive followers na dem plenty pass for Naija

7 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by themodernman: 9:34pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
The poster above ^^^ is a fool!

If you post below me, you are a goat!

And if you quote me, i will kill you!

Hold him oh!

Where that my injection dey?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by godoluwa(m): 9:35pm On May 17, 2015
illiteracy iz d worst disease
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Ramanto(m): 9:36pm On May 17, 2015
Beremx:

mtscheew!
The king of Saudi is not above sin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by An2elect2(f): 9:36pm On May 17, 2015
armadeo:
its okay to mount some 13yr old child, but a sin to shake a woman.

now that's ironic

you call it ironic? i call it stupidity at its peak.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by xamuel17(m): 9:37pm On May 17, 2015
buhari drink tea, una go talk
buhari no get certificate , una go shout
Buhari no get money, una go scream
buhari shake woman, una go tweet

@buhari, hope u are seeing the level of joblessness of nigerians, please do something about that

#meanwhile , i dnt regard handshake as a sin .. except i am aware that the hand presented for a shake was once used to scratch testicles or wipe an ass

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Beremx(f): 9:37pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:
nonsense! Buhari is Nigeria's president and not an Islamic president. Go and tell Shekau to stop shaking women.

Ndi ara!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by todayguest(m): 9:37pm On May 17, 2015
If he allowed his wife, Aisha shook hands with men. Why can't he do the same with women?
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Daniel058(m): 9:37pm On May 17, 2015
I just dey laugh these people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Prisca Nduka: Precious Chikwendu's Sister Speaks On Marriage, Domestic Violence / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates The Sack Of Ihedioha By Supreme Court. Sings, Claps / Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.