Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter (70625 Views)

Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / 8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / Adams Oshiomhole's Handshake With Elizabeth Ativie (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by drnairalov: 9:37pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
The poster above ^^^ is a fool!

If you post below me, you are a goat!

And if you quote me, i will kill you!

Smh does dis post makes sense to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by swargon: 9:37pm On May 17, 2015
May God save us 4rm diz islamist.....iz he nat da president of all nigerian....woh du dey take demselves 4 self?
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by romooluwa(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2015
ehhh naija people sha.. sometimes i think we are too religious in this country and so far i don't see what it has brought us so far...Don't get me wrong i am a religious person...
PS:- How do my brothers in islam have sex via bluetooth or wifi. i mean since there's no touching an opposite sex. unless.....just kidding
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 9:38pm On May 17, 2015
These are the same people that will like Buhari to islamise Nigeria. Foolish people,we are waiting for you all if una try dat nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by jimmy101231(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2015
When would you all learn to mind your own business unemployment na Problem
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Sanchez01: 9:38pm On May 17, 2015
This is sickening. Terribly sickening. So Aisha and GMB should cut off their hands or pocket it because they're not supposed to shake the opposite sex? A section of unmarried Muslim guys and girls engage in pre-marital sex and such would come out and say "my religion does not permit me to shake a guy/girl?"

Apologies to the Muslim folks but you people should learn to leave God to be the judge of things. "IF" He indeed made the rule/law, then let Him "kill" or punish those involved rather than do it for Him.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Beremx(f): 9:38pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:
The king of Saudi is not above sin.
sharrap!
swear you haven't shaken a woman before.
bunch of deluded hypocrites!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Oletty: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
Buhair will be president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 29th of May. Anyone who has problems with him shaking hands should relocate to Afghanistan or Pakistan. In the 21st century, some people are still uncomfortable with a man shaking a woman. Isn't a woman a human being. Weren't you born by a woman? What makes it wrong for a man to shake a woman or vice versa. And before anyone starts quoting some 'Holy Book' written eons ago, all I will say is: Africans, get your act together and let the Arabs do things the way they want. We are first and foremost humans, then Nigerians, then Muslims or Christians. Our common humanity is more important than whatever religion we choose to profess.

Buhari should make it a point of duty to shake women everyday. In some cultures, he would actually peck them on the cheeks smiley

4 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by drnairalov: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
the same people condemning re busy hunting anygirl on skirt...
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
dannio:

what is wrong with our people haba lets be civil

Oga Adams wife even bend down small to show respect ma haba our people
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Omotayor123(f): 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
Gbagaun...
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Qmab: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
Kingsean:
who is Allah? he must be a rapist
haha! Seriously, you shouldn't b making such statements.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by africanusvu(m): 9:40pm On May 17, 2015
This is one of d reasons whu this Bihari of a man will fail as a president,There will be too many eyes on him,much criticism,much expectation etc,He under estimated the difference bw Nigeria of today and Nigeria of thirty yrs ago wen he was president,Out of desperation,he made imposible promises and acceptances that could not reconscile wit his real person,What he is and what he must be to deliver as a president remains two parallel lines

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Bimpe29: 9:40pm On May 17, 2015
What is bad has no other name than Bad. Islamically, it is wrong & bad to shake hand with opposite sex, no matter your position/circumstance.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Moana(f): 9:41pm On May 17, 2015
And then? undecided
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by oliidell(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2015
italo:
The same hypocrites who keep quiet when old Muslim men like Muhammad and Yerima marry 6 year-olds and defile them.

This is very unnecessary. Yerima, I don't care about but u shud respect the Prophet.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Ramanto(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2015
Dannyswit:

Does it mean he should be tried and his hand cut off... Abeg I don't want a handicapped president
Handshaking doesn't add any value. They could always exchange pleasantries verbally. Like me now I simply tell those ladies on the campus that I'm sorry I don't shake hands with the opposite sex and they'v all come to reason with me.GBM can as well be known with that
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Rolandken(m): 9:42pm On May 17, 2015
Many Nigerians are truly unemployed and idle. To think that full able bodied adults would go online and spend valuable time talking abt whether a president elect shud shake a lady or not is beyond me.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by airmark(m): 9:42pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:
Islam is strictly against a man shaking hands with a woman or vice versa. And I'm sure that GMB is aware of this.I'm surprised he does that or he thinks being a president makes him above the laws of the sharia?

Then what happens to those leaders from saudi arabia shaking hands with women up and down? They must have not been reading the koran written in their own language (Arabic) or they dont understand it as you do.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by upsonn(m): 9:42pm On May 17, 2015
Musulumi with their law... Smh... Wats big deal in shaking hand with the opposite sex. Thank You Jesus for saving me.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by ajebuter(f): 9:42pm On May 17, 2015
Look I'm not a fan of buhari and never will be

But I don't see anything wrong in what he did in this picture

At least he is not looking at the babe's breast like ugly frog tinubu ogling Shade Okoya's breast in the presence of his wife.

See these critcs castigating Baba one chance when most of them are guilty of snatching other men's wife and commiting adultery.

Nonsense thinkers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Tval(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
All these religious folks sef.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Whylagos: 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
Irrelevant topic
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by lamalwhi4u(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
with due respect.. Gmb is not Muslim president.. the Nigeria president elect... no one is gonna tell gmb that shaking women hand is Bad or good. he knew... but if you wanna be president of a country... religion firstly aside... or you rather stay in your house to fully practice ur religion........

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Beremx(f): 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:

Handshaking doesn't add any value.
Go tell that to the King of Saudi Arabia!!
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by fineguy11(m): 9:44pm On May 17, 2015
Ramanto:
Islam is strictly against a man shaking hands with a woman or vice versa. And I'm sure that GMB is aware of this.I'm surprised he does that or he thinks being a president makes him above the laws of the sharia?
sharrapppp...is GMB an islamic president?what the hell is wrong with u peopleare u a better muslim than the king of saudi arabia?comment like yours breeds extremism..GMB shaking hands with that lady doesnt make him a bad muslim,,..the constitution of the federal republic remains supreme,,not sharia..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Qmab: 9:44pm On May 17, 2015
Oletty:
Buhair will be president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the 29th of May. Anyone who has problems with him shaking hands should relocate to Afghanistan or Pakistan. In the 21st century, some people are still uncomfortable with a man shaking a woman. Isn't a woman a human being. Weren't you born by a woman? What makes it wrong for a man to shake a woman or vice versa. And before anyone starts quoting some 'Holy Book' written eons ago, all I will say is: Africans, get your act together and let the Arabs do things the way they want. We are first and foremost humans, then Nigerians, then Muslims or Christians. Our common humanity is more important than whatever religion we choose to profess.

Buhari should make it a point of duty to shake women everyday. In some cultures, he would actually peck them on the cheeks smiley
You are right about the cheek-pecking thing. The French are extremely fond of it. It's their culture.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 17, 2015
Please my question is for those fanatics criticising Buhari,if he visits the president of Brazil someday and she stretches her hand to shake him,what should he do,se ko ma wo o bi ori eran ni

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 17, 2015
islam always ridicules women..not suprisd at all.
some people sha....smh
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by tbaba1234: 9:45pm On May 17, 2015
AutoCarTracker:
Islam!!! We still have real seriou issues, condemning to shake hands with opposite sex, the way they maltreat women is what scares me most.

How does not shaking unrelated women translate to maltreatment

@topic: Whatever Buhari does in his religious life concerns him alone, Many who do not shake unrelated women are involved in much worse.. Buhari's judgement comes from God alone.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by olempe(m): 9:45pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:

Seun, where's the Unlike button?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Celebrates The Sack Of Ihedioha By Supreme Court. Sings, Claps / Prisca Nduka: Precious Chikwendu's Sister Speaks On Marriage, Domestic Violence / Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.