Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter (70626 Views)

Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / 8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / Adams Oshiomhole's Handshake With Elizabeth Ativie (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Yasirarafat: 6:18am On May 18, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
GMB is the President-elect of Nigeria and not the President of the Muslims ...I see no reason why he can't shake hands with the opposite sex.
they're talking on behalf of thier religious teaching nt urz pls
jakin kudu !!
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by francizy(m): 6:21am On May 18, 2015
Jaydee009

God bless you!
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Yasirarafat: 6:21am On May 18, 2015
Beremx:
Nigerians and their hypocrisy! The king of Saudi Arabia is seen in the picture below shaking Mitchell Obama.

What will they say it is,a sin too?

mtscheew!
everybody that did this is sinful, so islam never xclude sm1 bcoz of his position/wealth

#islamically
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by bigtt76(f): 6:45am On May 18, 2015
People shaaa ...dem get issue shaking hands with women cause of religion BUT nor get hassles putting dem pr1ck inside woman eh? #mtscheeeeeeew .....I think its time the 'good books' are revised! grin
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by porka: 6:46am On May 18, 2015
[size=16pt]Ummah come after their newly elected Chief Imam - Change[/size]
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by tellwisdom: 6:49am On May 18, 2015
nnannaidoko:
learn to be tolerant. If not, you are really doomed. I guess in your mind, Christianity is perfect.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by nellyelitz(m): 6:52am On May 18, 2015
Funny moronkos
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by demio007: 6:54am On May 18, 2015
Everything is changing- CHANGE everywhere!!!!!! so Islam is changing. Saudi king sef shake woman grin grin
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by teebaxy(m): 6:55am On May 18, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
GMB is the President-elect of Nigeria and not the President of the Muslims ...I see no reason why he can't shake hands with the opposite sex.
your head is their my brother...opposite sex and opposite religion for dat matter...u people must be careful oooo before u provoke war in this peaceful country dat ebele is leaving behind
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by princejayboss: 7:01am On May 18, 2015
lastpage:

I have been an ardent follower of the israeli/Palestinian problem for decades.
Maybe you have not listened to documentaries concerning those indigenous Jews (cant remember how they are called now) who live in their kibutz and hamlets.
Everyone of them is sworn to wipe away the Palestinians.

And let me remind you that Israel as a Nuclear Power, CANNOT be wiped-out by ANY Muslim nation, not even Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.
That statement was made "DECADES" ago but Israel continues to 'trumpet it' till tomorrow, to garner sympathy and support from people who dont know the facts as they appear in reality. It is called deception and Israel is a "master" at it!

Some intelligent people "in the know" have said that "Israel and its attendant problems" will be the cause of a 3rd world war, not the Arabs as we think.

Again, it was NOT a "small Nation" that defeated the Arabs in the Yum Kippur War, it was the combined effort of America, Britain and most western Super Powers including France which "secretly" built the Dimona Nuclear bomb Site, for Israel in 1968-71.

Israel has always been supported by Super Powers and as of now, it is actually the most powerful country in the world since America itself has become a "puppet" of that tiny country (though it has its men planted in every important aspect of American life and ready to do damage to America if it does not dance to its tune)

if you have time, a few Books like the "The Samson Option" would shed more light on Israel.
*Did you ever wonder why anyone, including Bush or Obama or Clinton who ever wants to become an American president, must have to swear allegiance to Israel?
*Did you ever wonder why Israel is training and supporting the same ISIS and other Islamic radicals in the Middle East as of today
*Did you ever wonder how it is possible Israel has violated all and any United Nations resolution without any punishment, whereas some nations have been destroyed for violating one or tow or at best "sanctioned" for such?
*Have you wondered why Iran, which has never attacked any nation (It was Iraq that attacked Iran, just in case) is under sanction for trying to build a Nuclear bomb (even without any proof!) while Israel which has built many Nuclear warheads, never signed up to the Non-Nuclear proliferation treaty, which has attacked other nations at will and still practicing Genocide and Apartheid, walks free and proud?
*Has it occurred to you, what it means to have millions of Humans like me and you (even if we dont like them), can be kept "encaged" for decades, and the world simply seams to move on?
*Are you surprised that even Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia are prepared to support the impoverization of the Palestinians on one hand, give them money with the other hand while "funding and training Terrorists" to destroy Western establishments at the same time, just to foster their own brand of Islamic Wahhabism and domination of a different Islamic sect as obtained in Syria and Iran?
*Have you wondered why it has become a criminal offense for which you could be jailed anywhere in the world, just for if you exercise your "Freedom of though and belief" by denying the Holocaust? But you can deny that the Palestinians lived in the land before Israel came there just before 1947
*Do you know that Israel as a country, was supposed to be settled somewhere in "East Africa" around Ethiopia, before the Palestinian lands was "chosen" by the Americans and the U.K? That it was just a "fiat" of the U.N led by these two countries?

You might be right that the the Arabs contributed to their problem by being "difficult and aggressive" like most Muslims and Arabs but does that justify the inhuman and degrading treatment they still get, in the 21st century?

What does it cost the Super Powers (apart from friendship or out of fear of Israel) to share the Palestinian lands and give these millions of people their own HOMELAND?

Finally, as Christians, if these matter was tabled before Jesus Christ, do you for one minute think He will approve of this inhumane treatment of the Palestinians? Is this in line with "Do unto others and you would expect them to do unto you"?

I rest my case Sir.

Lastpage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZYBUdzJuqI

Bro you might be right, but not all

1) The 1967 war, Israel has no support from British or America as president Johnson of America refuse to help.

2) The 1967 war has no trace of nuclear weapons

3) Israel fought with only 72 jet fighters while the Arab league has the support of the soviet union

4) I main rain that Israel was a small nation because they were just 19years since there founding, hence they has the population of about 2.5million people... They fought with only 3,000 soldiers and that's why Naser the head of the Arab league said he will wipe Israel out in 6hours even that he will have breakfast in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

6) Finally ... Am an industrial physicist (nuclear expert) I worked on one of their facility for four years ... I can tell you that for the years ... They never had a production to nuclear war head though they always make advance technology ahead of all other part of the world in case ....

Kindly watch the YouTube link above so you can see the real information's on what happened in 6 days in June.

5) I lived in Ashdod, in Tel aviv and haifia... I have never witnesses a hate to kill in Israeli over Palestine.... Considering that Palestine people are living there but in Palestine schools...it has in its syllables for every child to live with a hate on the Jews.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by italo: 7:02am On May 18, 2015
Ahmedie25:
May God strike u 2 dead 4 mentioned Mohammed

God is not a Jihadist, like you and Shekau.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Kennyinusa(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2015
Kakakino:

http://www.kakakino.com/2015/05/buhari-lara-oshiomholes-handshake-cause-commotion-on-twitter/
This photo of president-elect Muhammadu Buhari shaking hands with Lara Oshiomhole has sparked a heated debate on Twitter.
Some say that the handshake was inappropriate from the viewpoint of some Islamic tenets. While others see nothing wrong with the handshake.

Here are some tweets about the matter:

What is are thoughts about this?

SOURCE: http://www.kakakino.com/2015/05/buhari-lara-oshiomholes-handshake-cause-commotion-on-twitter/

This is some dump shit.

I am Christian and I respect Islam. But saying that a president should not shake hands with a woman is just fuckedl up. Imagine Hillary Clinton meeting with Buhari and you are saying he shouldn't shake hands with her, trust me that is bleeped up and there aren't no justification for this shit.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by DNA123(m): 7:04am On May 18, 2015
All of you shouting Quran encourages/promotes violence and killing do not know anything about Quran, u cannot even interprete it. Why do you have to quote only that section without narrating the whole story. What do you have to say about these bible verses: 2 Cronicle 15:13 and first Samuel 15:3 to meention just a view. Answers ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by frodobee: 7:09am On May 18, 2015
omoiyabeji1:
ur name says it all, Fried dodo, everyone is talking on y he should and y he should not shake hands with her, ur busy beefing him and his religion, pls who is frustrating u

Brainful dodo, why he should or should is not the root or cause of the brouhaha but the dictates of his religion which forbades shaking an aruna. And next time you insult your father, I will slap the syphilis out of your mouth.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by zudozz: 7:09am On May 18, 2015
dis islamic jihadist Buhari has no business being anybody's president. But e never hand over shame don dey catch una already.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by italo: 7:10am On May 18, 2015
mathskill:
The way young boys are defiled in the name of baptism

My religion and I condemn defilement of Young boys. Even if a Christian does it, we condemn his action.

Do Islam and you condemn old Muslim men like marrying and defiling 6 year old girls? No.

You defile them when they are six but forbid a handshake with them when they are older.

There is something senseless and devilish about that. Isn't there?
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Alfranco(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2015
bogolobango:
Shaking a lady islamically its a sin, but at the same its not. according to your role in the society GMB is a president to be and he has no choice. some people will come here to critisize what is not as if allah is sango, ogun, or obatala. note this is 20th century everything has changed and people wont be able to praticalize islam or other religion the same way in 1890

So our gallant sport women that come tops representing the country wouldn't deserve Presidential handshake from the President. It can't work like that. GMB knows better than those against so called handshake. Truly reformation of some of our religious doctrines is key in modern day for peace.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by uzo4real(m): 7:26am On May 18, 2015
Islam..... A religion that favours their men only.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by ideykwum: 7:30am On May 18, 2015
No! I want your comment! Don't go anywhere!!!

Rilwayne001:
Brb
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Lovine: 7:32am On May 18, 2015
Very surprised these people are still in dark
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by smallrincowis16(m): 7:45am On May 18, 2015
bogolobango:
Shaking a lady islamically its a sin, but at the same its not. according to your role in the society GMB is a president to be and he has no choice. some people will come here to critisize what is not as if allah is sango, ogun, or obatala. note this is 20th century everything has changed and people wont be able to praticalize islam or other religion the same way in 1890

lolssss. you've to give us evidence as to it's permissibility.
shit!!!!!
this is totally forbidding....
this is what wet called hypocrisy and evil of democracy
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by smallrincowis16(m): 7:47am On May 18, 2015
italo:

My religion and I condemn defilement of Young boys. Even if a Christian does it, we condemn his action.

Do Islam and you condemn old Muslim men like marrying and defiling 6 year old girls? No.

You defile them when they are six but forbid a handshake with them when they are older.

There is something senseless and devilish about that. Isn't there?

that shows how ignoramus you're.
when John marry mary according to bible fallacy how old was Mary and John
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by clemzo101(m): 7:49am On May 18, 2015
Buhari himself knows it's a new dawn, all dos olden days islamic extremist nature of his has bin dropped. This is a new world jare! Abeg old things have passed away.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by ileogbenfidel(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2015
Sometimes I wonder why we always bring religion into our daily way of living were we the ones that formed this religion
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by sunnydayasaba(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2015
Yasirarafat:

they're talking on behalf of thier religious teaching nt urz pls
jakin kudu !!

No religion is bigger and smaller than the other....why can't they talk abt this same religion during election and try to separate the christian and other religion votes frm the muslim votes let see if he would've won.

It's ONE NIGERIA man.....No religion settlement, If anybody wants to promote religion, Let such person go to SYRIA, PAKISTAN and other muslim religion country....Here we will continue to promote ONE NIGERIA irrespective of our religion difference....So handshaking is nothing and can't and shouldn't be impose on anybody who choose to do other. Since is his hand and he choose to shake hand with d opposite sex...Let all deal with it and it shouldn't be anyone business.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by italo: 8:10am On May 18, 2015
smallrincowis16:

that shows how ignoramus you're.
when John marry mary according to bible fallacy how old was Mary and John

Where did "John" marry "Mary," according to the Bible?
It seems like you're the ignoramus.

smiley
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by ewizard1: 8:23am On May 18, 2015
All the muslims that said its wrong are very f00lish.

Yes i am a Muslim

And i say again... are very f00lish!

#Rubbish
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by vega84(m): 8:27am On May 18, 2015
What is wrong in shaking an opposite sex huh? This islam people why is ur faith full wit so many wicked and st.upid laws, Islam doesn't permit this islam doesn't permit that haba! Wetin? Islam doesn't permit handshake bt it permits bombing and killings wit the reward of 70 virgins in heaven? Mstchewwww abeg make una commot here useless people. #vegatalks
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Anextin(f): 8:27am On May 18, 2015
Ramanto:
Islam is strictly against a man shaking hands with a woman or vice versa. And I'm sure that GMB is aware of this.I'm surprised he does that or he thinks being a president makes him above the laws of the sharia?
what do expect to him to do, Nigeria is not a sharia state. And now he is first an elected president before any other. Muslim president all over the world shake hands with women when they are not same religion with them. Nigeria is not even no 20th Islamic state, yet nations who are evolved in Islam have leaders who shake hands with female diplomats.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by kalybaly: 8:29am On May 18, 2015
Tlovely:
u see when the spiritually ignorant eyes of many deludedt islamic fundamentalist opens, over half of the medieval and archaic tenets of their islamic quaran would be scraped out. and these would be rejected and purged by the muslims themselves..believe me..

Sometimes i wonder if these people are normal in this 21st century and dont they see that those laws and suggestions where written by Those whose limited knowledge of a supreme being was tied around their ignorant knowledge of pleasing him while enslaving people, including themselves and destroying the very creation of his hands and claiming to do his own bidding?..little wonder he said this people perish becos they lack knowledge. The question i ask this folks are, which Allah do you think you are pleasing with all this tactless form of hypocrisy? so thesame woman who God has made to Give birth to you as a man, hold you in her arms after birth, and some even has sucked out phlegm from that ur dirty nose, can no longer be extended a hand of handshake when the time calls? but now its buhari and he is in that position, i then see most of this hypocrites claiming he can be pardoned..or that he would pray for forgivenes for shaking a womans hand? and tommorrow shake the hand of the female Brazilian president or another female foreign delegate...so how many times or how long will he be praying for the forgiveness?.. or he should refuse to shake them any time they extend their hands of complement or accolade?..what kind of carnal religious practice is this one?.please, please and please, we Nigerians dont want to hear obselate and dormant brainwashed individuals talking about handshake and no handshake in this 21st century for us again.. we are looking to change and the best things for humanity , towards making the world a better place, with everyone loving every one truly from all the right divide of the society..and not talking about a non existing and frivolous claim of a law some historic character has enacted and slotted into your religious belief claiming to be in line with the concern of an Allah..Who told you a real spirit in the person of God is interested in such petty crap, when he knows that most of you commit even more grave sins? this are some of the craps that puts must of this fundamentalist into the line of suicide bombing..so when you have robbed some one what is rightfully his or kill ur fellow broda for the most unreasonable reason and soon you meet a lady who extends a hand for handshake to you and u refuse becos of your delusions, you would then claim you have done the will of your allah?....kaii...i do question deeply..whats wrong with this people?...please lets focus an what good this man can do for this country and not concern ourselves with the ignorant views of some deluded knocked-heads..
. Hey hey hey... It is not uncommon that some Muslims do this so why generalise this. It's opinionated. You attacking Muslims with your derogatory words is not the best... Ok. We have some xtians as well that would not even go close to some things other do. I shake hands with the opposite sex myself . Tell me you don't know a Muslim that shakes hands with women? So why go historical about all this? It's a secular country we should learn to understand each other and solve issues with the best approach. ALLAH SAYS in the holy book of Islam.. WE CREATED YOU IN DIFFERENT TONGUES SO THAT YOU MIGHT KNOW EACH OTHER NOT THAT YOU SHOULD FIGHT EACH OTHER.
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Haywhymido(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2015
Qmab:
one thing common to Nigerian Islamic clerics is that they are not well learned. That's why I don't listen to sermon made by those people.
try listen to unilorin imam's lecture. Ur life will never remain d same. He is one of dose people doing it right
Re: Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter by Okeikpu(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2015
italo:
The same hypocrites who keep quiet when old Muslim men like Muhammad and Yerima marry 6 year-olds and defile them.
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Celebrates The Sack Of Ihedioha By Supreme Court. Sings, Claps / Prisca Nduka: Precious Chikwendu's Sister Speaks On Marriage, Domestic Violence / Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.