Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. (74904 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Amaechi Vs Akpabio: Who Performed Better As A Governor / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by veraponpo(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2015
aresa:

This is the funniest post in this thread... grin

Must be desperation or frustration due to the fact that you hate to agree with me that beyond the few roads and flyover akpabio deceived Nigerians with, he completed only 3 projects in 8 years and he's still struggling to complete 1 and only hospital he dabbled into since 2007.

Renovations ko, refurbish ni?

What can I say about this great man Fashola (SAN)?

He has done more projects that can take children off the road, boys off the street and women out of poverty than even the FG.

Skill acquisition in different parts of the state, farms within and outside Lagos State including Ogun, Oyo, Benue and Abuja.

He has reduced maternal mortality through the maternal centres and has allowed locally trained midwives to showcase their talents through training and platforms he gave them.

Concerning Akpabio, I have never liked his ways. He is not just a fraud but also a criminal. When you see a man that likes to be on the camera whether invited or not, you will know such person is all about showmanship. Whenever there is any meeting, he will always like to be covered by the camera, will always like to say something, he forced his way to be PDP Governors Forum Chairman- a position non-existent before he founded it, just to show.

He was lucky to govern a state with so much money but little to show. Both Peter Obi and Akpabio need to come to school of leadership and management under Fashola just as Kwankwaso of Kano did for a week before taking over in Kano for the second time. Or how do you explain a governor like Peter Obi saying he saved N70B for Anambra, for what?

Has he finished all the roads, brought investments, are there jobs for all the youths, couldn't him fix more schools, etc?

Fashola should try to seek for the office of President, he deserves to be one.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 9:51am On May 20, 2015
bakynes:
To b fair to the ibomites, most of Akpabio's project are road projects, flyovers and Bridges. E- library, Stadium, uncompleted world class Hospital, Cinema. What else? Please feel free to add Like the OP said.He failed in other sectors and failed to touch the other parts of the state apart from Uyo.
The Guy mentioning Four point by Sharaton and Le Meridian did Akpabio build them? They are Hotel groups built by themselves besides Lagos has Four Point by Sharaton and Le Meridian do you see the OP listing it as part of Fashola's achievements?

The Le Meridien hotel and resort in uyo was completed by Akpabio administration. He is currently building Four point by Sheraton in Ikot Ekepene which is about completed and another 5 star hotel in uyo around the Tropicana.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by ileogbenfidel(m): 10:20am On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

Wrong! Go back to your map, Akwa ibom state is bigger than Lagos state.

Thank me later

Oga I am not talkng about land marks I am talking about population, anybody that can rule lagos can rule Nigeria. Fashiola has no competitor in the Nigerian political terrain

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by OduaVanguard: 10:29am On May 20, 2015
veraponpo:

What can I say about this great man Fashola (SAN)?

He has done more projects that can take children off the road, boys off the street and women out of poverty than even the FG.

Skill acquisition in different parts of the state, farms within and outside Lagos State including Ogun, Oyo, Benue and Abuja.

He has reduced maternal mortality through the maternal centres and has allowed locally trained midwives to showcase their talents through training and platforms he gave them.

Concerning Akpabio, I have never liked his ways. He is not just a fraud but also a criminal. When you see a man that likes to be on the camera whether invited or not, you will know such person is all about showmanship. Whenever there is any meeting, he will always like to be covered by the camera, will always like to say something, he forced his way to be PDP Governors Forum Chairman- a position non-existent before he founded it, just to show.

He was lucky to govern a state with so much money but little to show. Both Peter Obi and Akpabio need to come to school of leadership and management under Fashola just as Kwankwaso of Kano did for a week before taking over in Kano for the second time. Or how do you explain a governor like Peter Obi saying he saved N70B for Anambra, for what?

Has he finished all the roads, brought investments, are there jobs for all the youths, couldn't him fix more schools, etc?

Fashola should try to seek for the office of President, he deserves to be one.

As per the Peter Obi guy, I was so disappointed in him. He could have put all those "savings" to good use, but perhaps he simply lacked the ideas to take Anambra to the next level. I hear the current governor is a departure from him, in style at least -- heard Obiano is already performing.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by bofoy(m): 10:33am On May 20, 2015
Which state govt is awarded the best ? Simple question , STOP CALLING AKPABIO AFRAUD IF NOT FASHOLA IS A TOUT. Fashola dey commissioned rehabilitated ROADS
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by OduaVanguard: 10:37am On May 20, 2015
bofoy:
Which state govt is awarded the best ? Simple question , STOP CALLING AKPABIO AFRAUD IF NOT FASHOLA IS A TOUT. Fashola dey commissioned rehabilitated ROADS

You people can do better than this. Just snap your own Akpabio magic projects, even if they are also "rehabilitated ROADS" he has also commissioned, instead of throwing tantrums like a spoilt kid suffering from bad-belleosis.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by bofoy(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2015
bofoy:
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 11:05am On May 20, 2015
ileogbenfidel:

Oga I am not talkng about land marks I am talking about population, anybody that can rule lagos can rule Nigeria. Fashiola has no competitor in the Nigerian political terrain

Your choice of words didn't represent population, cos you referred to Akwa Ibom as a "tiny Local government" in comparison to Lagos. Perhaps you should have been more precise.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 2:07pm On May 20, 2015
coreseam:

I hope Ambode is even more.
Fash is the best there is so far.

all the talk about IGR is baseless jare. As if its a curse for others to generate theirs or is it a sin to post pictures of what proj3cts were completed in Akwa Ibom.

Many of them are just too ignorant because they dont know how states function. For their to be any project or development, there must be budgets and funds allocation for the projects, their must be contract awards and so on. In Akwa Ibom just like in other states, we know what was awarded and budgeted for so you can not make up projects or lie about what doesnt exist and this is the reason why they can not come up with anything completed by akpabio apart from the few roads and fly over. 1 library and 1football field.

Throwing tantrums instead of posting facts to challenge my assertions means they agree with my assertions.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 2:11pm On May 20, 2015
OduaVanguard:

You people can do better than this. Just snap your own Akpabio magic projects, even if they are also "rehabilitated ROADS" he has also commissioned, instead of throwing tantrums like a spoilt kid suffering from bad-belleosis.

It must a crime to take pictures in akwa ibom. They want you to go there to see what doesn't exist. ..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by quiet006storm: 2:17pm On May 20, 2015
Hold it for a minute! Have you ever felt such terrible pain that you became one because it was there for too long? Take a minute to read this and get encouraged http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/05/wheres-my-pain.html?spref=tw
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Alphaoscar: 2:23pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

The Le Meridien hotel and resort in uyo was completed by Akpabio administration. He is currently building Four point by Sheraton in Ikot Ekepene which is about completed and another 5 star hotel in uyo around the Tropicana.

Both Le Meridien and Four Points are private establishment and there is no way you can't tag them as Akpabio projects. We have Le Meridien and Four point hotel in Lagos functioning already and nobody can credit fashola with their structure.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 2:34pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

Yes, he completed private hotels for the poor people of akwa ibom to sleep in right?

Whats more important to the people of akwa ibom? Hotels they can not afford or need or the 1 and only hospital he started building 8 years ago and still can not complete ?

Only thoughtless and irresponsible governments spends taxpayers money on hotels instead of hospitals and skills centers and so on. Look at the football field he spent billions on; a year later, not a single game or event, it just sitting there dormant and wasting away. The people of akwa ibom haven't gained 1 kobo on that football field. It's a complete waste.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 2:47pm On May 20, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Both Le Meridien and Four Points are private establishment and there is no way you can't tag them as Akpabio projects. We have Le Meridien and Four point hotel in Lagos functioning already and nobody can credit fashola with their structure.

Fashola commissions N30b InterContinental Hotel in Lagos

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/fashola-commissions-n30b-intercontinental-hotel-in-lagos/

Maybe we should commend Fashola too for the Intercontinental...

When they don't have anything to show, they latch on to anything...

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by brightcom(m): 3:37pm On May 20, 2015
I passed d hospital today so i snap dis outside. Manage it but wen i get time will enter n snap. Dis will show u guys wat u ppl call uncompleted watch out next week tuesday wen dey commission it n see for ursef.
arresa:

Many of them are just too ignorant because they dont know how states function. For their to be any project or development, there must be budgets and funds allocation for the projects, their must be contract awards and so on. In Akwa Ibom just like in other states, we know what was awarded and budgeted for so you can not make up projects or lie about what doesnt exist and this is the reason why they can not come up with anything completed by akpabio apart from the few roads and fly over. 1 library and 1football field.

Throwing tantrums instead of posting facts to challenge my assertions means they agree with my assertions.

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by olamieseun(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2015
I never see any govrnor that can compare with fashola in nigeria. Lagosian we really missed yu.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 4:39pm On May 20, 2015
brightcom:
I passed d hospital today so i snap dis outside. Manage it but wen i get time will enter n snap. Dis will show u guys wat u ppl call uncompleted watch out next week tuesday wen dey commission it n see for ursef.

The thread is about completed and commissioned projects and as of today, it's still an uncompleted building 8 years after construction started.

Small Ekiti state with little or no money built and commissioned a 300 bed hospital in less than 3 years.

You really should tell us why Akwa Ibom the richest state in Nigeria with the largest budget completed only 2 projects apart from few roads and flyover in 8 long years.

Tells us what happened to the N500+ billion he budgets every year...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 4:47pm On May 20, 2015
Nigeria: Ibaka Deep Seaport Not in National Projects Plan - Investigation

Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

Funny how people talk about Ibaka seaport on NL....

The project doesn't exist, even the FG don't know anything about Ibaka and it's not on any FG project master plan, but our friend Akpabio budgets and pockets billions every year on behalf of the same project that doesn't exist and never going to be built...

What a scammer....smh...

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by brightcom(m): 4:53pm On May 20, 2015
[Na now i knw dt ur so bais, it is completed n will b commission tuesday next week cos of alot of project he is commissioning now. Why mak noise like dis. Try n go n make more research n updated ppl well, n allow others compare not u dt opened d thread. Well its obvious ur in lagos dtx why ur talking abt lagos alone, u can as well change d thread to achivementof fashola den d comparing d two wtout full info. Thanks
arresa:

The thread is about completed and commissioned projects and as of today, it's still an uncompleted building 8 years after construction started.

Small Ekiti state with little or no money built and commissioned a 300 bed hospital in less than 3 years.

You really should tell us why Akwa Ibom the richest state in Nigeria with the largest budget completed only 2 projects apart from few roads and flyover in 8 long years.

Tells us what happened to the N500+ billion he budgets every year...

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:12pm On May 20, 2015
[s]
brightcom:
[Na now i knw dt ur so bais, it is completed n will b commission tuesday next week cos of alot of project he is commissioning now. Why mak noise like dis. Try n go n make more research n updated ppl well, n allow others compare not u dt opened d thread. Well its obvious ur in lagos dtx why ur talking abt lagos alone, u can as well change d thread to achivementof fashola den d comparing d two wtout full info. Thanks
[/s]

Come back and post this garbage after completion and commissioning.

It doesn't take 8 years to build 1 single hospital.

Fashola built many hospital including the only Cardiac and Kidney Hospitals in Nigeria, he even topped it off with 10 health centers, tons of schools, 30 skills and acquisition centers, 15 water works, the best Bridge in Nigeria and all didn't take him 8 years to build and commission.

Akpabio did not build 1 single classroom, not 1 single skills center, not 1 water works, not 1 hospital....

...but akwa ibom is the richest state in Nigeria with just 5 million people.

Akpabio in his 8 years in office has meager and pathetic 5 projects contemplated apart from the few roads and flyover and he completed only 2 so far and that's just 1 library and 1 redundant and still unused football field...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:13pm On May 20, 2015
brightcom:

The internet and newspaper page projects no get name and location ni? grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:17pm On May 20, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:26pm On May 20, 2015

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN (4th left) with students and beneficiaries of the Lagos State sponsorship to the Federal Republic of Germany under the School Exchange Programme cutting cake at the 5th Anniversary of Climate Change Club for Schools in Lagos

State programs and policies that benefits Lagos the great state of Lagos future generations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by scarred9jan(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2015
arresa:

Yes, he completed private hotels for the poor people of akwa ibom to sleep in right?

Whats more important to the people of akwa ibom? Hotels they can not afford or need or the 1 and only hospital he started building 8 years ago and still can not complete ?

Only thoughtless and irresponsible governments spends taxpayers money on hotels instead of hospitals and skills centers and so on. Look at the football field he spent billions on; a year later, not a single game or event, it just sitting there dormant and wasting away. The people of akwa ibom haven't gained 1 kobo on that football field. It's a complete waste.

when he would have simply renovated the existing stadiums in the state.. FAshola renovated the stadiums around Lagos instead of building a new one from scratch that would later become a white elephant. by the way Teslim Balogun stadium has a moat with fishes in it.. like a stadium/ aquarium...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:34pm On May 20, 2015
Governor Fashola Kicks–Off Solar Power Projects in Public Schools, PHCs

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2367700_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2367701_o_jpegaa9a3b5b917db9d4d7d9ba35f0ce8908

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2369302_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lagos State Power Kids.

Solar In Schools

Our future electrical engineers..

Eko o ni baje o...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:46pm On May 20, 2015
^^^^^ There's more to governing than projects and commissioning projects.

Creating programs and exposing future generations to governing and developing human capacity to propel the state forward to progress and prosperity is very important..

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 5:46pm On May 20, 2015
Next, One day governor program...

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Abagworo(m): 7:06pm On May 20, 2015
HIGHEST PAID STATES
1. Akwa Ibom 19,467,767,266.19
2. Delta 14,884,561,011.30
3. Rivers 13,811,059,254.97
4. Bayelsa 10,522,293,702.84
5. Lagos 8,023,794,161.05

When you add IGR Lagos moves to the top and Akwa Ibom drops to 3rd while Rivers moves up to 2nd. It is reflected in terms of the huge infrastructural projects embarked upon by these 3 States. Lagos is highest followed by Rivers and then Akwa Ibom.

The question is should we judge Governors by the amount of huge projects or by their impact on the lives of their subjects? This is because you hear people condemn Orji and praise Akpabio while in actual fact you dont see Abians migrating out to work as househelps or live in makeshift slums even though the Governor was not involved in huge projects as a result of very limited funds. Amaechi and Fashola impacted very possitively on their subjects and even had to accomodate thousands of Akwaibomites in their States.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 20, 2015
arresa:

I am not indulging you in that arguement sir. I was simply correcting a misinformation which you apparently noticed.

Thank you!
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 20, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Both Le Meridien and Four Points are private establishment and [b]there is no way you can't tag them as Akpabio projects. [/b]We have Le Meridien and Four point hotel in Lagos functioning already and nobody can credit fashola with their structure.

We are on the same page @ the bolded.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 9:27pm On May 20, 2015
[s]
joeboy03:

I am not indulging you in that arguement sir. I was simply correcting a misinformation which you apparently noticed.

Thank you!
[/s]

You did not correct anything. Find something better to talk about.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by arresa: 9:27pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

We are on the same page @ the bolded.

Ha ha ha ha ha ...You are a joker...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting / Atiku Is From Cameroon’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Govt Only Boycott -nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.