Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. (74867 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Amaechi Vs Akpabio: Who Performed Better As A Governor / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by CSTR2: 12:53pm On May 19, 2015
Btw, akwaibom has a much bigger land area than lagos and so would require more funds for overall road devt.
I wonder why nobody is taking that into consideration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by coreseam: 12:56pm On May 19, 2015
kenex4ever:
do u really know what makes up d bulk of IGR? don't u know dat it's d tax paid by d companies in lagos dat Made up large portion of d IGR or is it tinubu dat brought shell, chevron, nnpc, total, capital oil, Oando, Shoprite, even ur own company if u decide to establish one now, to lagos?
U don't need to argue, lagos is far far richer than akwa ibom

I know its tax paid by COYs.
Those COYs came/choose to Lagos for a reason...Favorable working environment.

Any new company now first seeks its head office in Lagos before spreading out to other parts of the country.
Even non Lagosians troop in daily to lagos due to the infrastructure put in place.

Hence dont make it seem the money was dashed to Lagos.
A rich man that utilises his resources well ultimately becomws richer. That is one rule other governors need to learn

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 1:00pm On May 19, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
When did it jump to 21 million undecided? Acccording to 2006 National population census, the population of Lagos was 7,937, 932 million.
That census is a fraud .Especially results from the north

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by UpLoyo: 1:02pm On May 19, 2015
Waooooo, this is really heart warming. How in the world was Fashola able to accomplish all that? I can only imagine is someone like that becomes the CIC, seemed to have embarked on projects that grassroots and impact the masses directly, big kudos, I think the other guy tried as well, nice roads but at the end of the day before some of you start bashing who won and who lost, you should be proud that it happened Nigeria because at the end of the day whatever state you end up in you are still in Nigeria and a Nigeria which you should be proud of, but give honor to whom it is due somebody please give that Fashola guy a kind hug and a big "Thank You Sir".

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by kenex4ever(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
coreseam:

I know its tax paid by COYs.
Those COYs came/choose to Lagos for a reason...Favorable working environment.

Any new company now first seeks its head office in Lagos before spreading out to other parts of the country.
Even non Lagosians troop in daily to lagos due to the infrastructure put in place.

Hence dont make it seem the money was dashed to Lagos.
A rich man that utilises his resources well ultimately becomws richer. That is one rule other governors need to learn
we r now talking dsame thing. One major reason why those companies keep dia HQ in lagos is because of the sea port and the airport, it's the entrance and exit of Nigeria. And they can't transport most of their heavy duty equipments to other parts.
Before tinubu and fashola, lagos has been d commercial center of Nigeria and even d capital.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by dekdek: 1:11pm On May 19, 2015
aresa:
I'm taking a little break... Many more pictures to come...

Again !!!!!!
Are u any different from Jega?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by eaglechild: 1:11pm On May 19, 2015
Lagos has been the capital of Nigeria since 1914 till 1991. Way before Akwaibom came into existence.

And prior to that was the major British colony in West Africa even in the 17th century.

For someone to wake up and start showing pictures of painted kerbs and Lagos skyline, fraudulent PPPs and substandard architecture in a megacity that is centuries old.

And worst of all go ahead and compare it to a state that is a few decades old is extreme stewpidity.
Which further buttressed the monumental failure Lagos is.

Before you scream allocation.

Lagos IGR more than makes up for this.
The FG presence in Lagos is unparalleled as virtually all the major bridges are FG owned and serviced as well as different FG ministries.
The private companies apart from taxes have a cooperate social responsibility that Lagos heavily benefits from.

So what does the state do with all the IGR.
Where is Lekki international airport?

Wher is Eko Atlantic?

Where is Lagos light rail?

No standard sport facility in a megacity.

These are the projects we should be asking of, not Brown 3 story buildings built for friends and tagged estate.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by dekdek: 1:12pm On May 19, 2015
CSTR2:
Btw, akwaibom has a much bigger land area than lagos and so would require more funds for overall road devt.
I wonder why nobody is taking that into consideration.

Show us what AKpabio has done so far.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by aresa: 1:17pm On May 19, 2015
Lagos state staff clinic

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by skyps(m): 1:23pm On May 19, 2015
Is development all about road construction?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 1:31pm On May 19, 2015
IzonOwei:
grin....especially the lekki,V.I and ikoyi axis...

In that area fashola didnt try one bit...
Please sir are you a bayelsan?
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by coreseam: 1:34pm On May 19, 2015
kenex4ever:
we r now talking dsame thing. One major reason why those companies keep dia HQ in lagos is because of the sea port and the airport, it's the entrance and exit of Nigeria. And they can't transport most of their heavy duty equipments to other parts.
Before tinubu and fashola, lagos has been d commercial center of Nigeria and even d capital.

BAT and BRF reaslised and sustained the growth ofnthw state from a few billions in IGR to hundreds due to policies and actions implemented forbthe growth of the state.
Lagos is not the only state as border or with access to the Atlantic yet it is the most viable with using whatnit has to get whatbit wants.
Moreso Akwa Ibom like other states would do well to attarct business to themselves to increase their IGR and stop depending on FG. Most times the allocation from FG is wasted and not spent wisely.

Lagos beats them all hands down with managing its resources which alos includes human capital.

However the human capacity to infrastructure is eeally starjned hence other states and FG hasnto bucklebup so as to avoid implosion in Lagos due to over population

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 1:37pm On May 19, 2015
runzlord:
u left out lekki free trade zone
Tell them.That place will be hosting two refineries 400bpd Dangote and 250bpd IfeanyiUbah Capital Oil. Very Soon
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by mikolo80: 1:43pm On May 19, 2015
would have made more sense if d mumu akpabio had distributed fishing trawlers for his people insead of building roads to nowhere.in fact same goes for fashola as they are both coastal cities/communities.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by kenex4ever(m): 1:47pm On May 19, 2015
coreseam:

BAT and BRF reaslised and sustained the growth ofnthw state from a few billions in IGR to hundreds due to policies and actions implemented forbthe growth of the state.
Lagos is not the only state as border or with access to the Atlantic yet it is the most viable with using whatnit has to get whatbit wants.
Moreso Akwa Ibom like other states would do well to attarct business to themselves to increase their IGR and stop depending on FG. Most times the allocation from FG is wasted and not spent wisely.

Lagos beats them all hands down with managing its resources which alos includes human capital.

However the human capacity to infrastructure is eeally starjned hence other states and FG hasnto bucklebup so as to avoid implosion in Lagos due to over population
true! But no state is well positioned as lagos, plus the seaport and international airport, I think, were done by the FG especially when lagos was d capital, so that's what gave lagos d pace for development. And I must also say lagos had fairly good leaders to have sustained the growth.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by ELBAND: 1:53pm On May 19, 2015
Will they show us hidden funds and looted money too?
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by coreseam: 1:57pm On May 19, 2015
kenex4ever:
true! But no state is well positioned as lagos, plus the seaport and international airport, I think, were done by the FG especially when lagos was d capital, so that's what gave lagos d pace for development. And I must also say lagos had fairly good leaders to have sustained the growth.
Lagos actually had an advantage but if mismanaged advantages can turn to disadvantages overnight.

The good thing as you mentioned is the leadership factor.

BAT and BRF may not be saints but if they were outright incompetents Lagos will have been worse of now.

Other states including Ogun state especially have the capacity to develop their domains but lack the share will and plan for it.
BAT for instance drew a 20 year plan which BRF followed amd A+ promises to take further and higher. If such continuos planning and implementation existed in other states Lagos will not be this bloated with population.

I hope MB and PYO achieves a lot at federal level across all the states so that we all can have a better future

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by mikolo80: 2:09pm On May 19, 2015
Jaypea98:

Tell them.That place will be hosting two refineries 400bpd Dangote and 250bpd IfeanyiUbah Capital Oil. Very Soon
ah ahn you mean say this guy still de d game
i thought he was broke after the 120something billion fuel subsidy fraud
this guy is a baller par excellence
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by OduaVanguard: 2:20pm On May 19, 2015
mikolo80:

Uba has "good credit", in American parlance, so he can easily raise funds from investors and even some banks by using his assets as surety/collateral to execute financially intensive projects like this one, without spending a dime of his own money. Same applies to Dangote and others like them.

But Ifeanyi for try help his native Anambra state small by locating his Refinery there naw, especially considering that they will soon declare Biafra and all cheesy Or he's not a Biafran??

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by mikolo80: 2:30pm On May 19, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Uba has "good credit", in American parlance, so he can easily raise funds from investors and even some banks by using his assets as surety/collateral to execute financially intensive projects like this one, without spending a dime of his own money. Same applies to Dangote and others like them.

i thought he ruined his credit during the cosmas maduka(coscharis) debacle

OduaVanguard:

But Ifeanyi for try help his native Anambra state small by locating his Refinery there naw, especially considering that you people will soon declare Biafra and all cheesy Or is he not a Biafran? tongue

my brother the tin tire me for ibo peeps not locating big asss biz like dis in their homtowns what with mobility of labor et al(its not as if lagos has any major advantage besides maybe better federal roads(which i beleive they can attract if they were serious
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by kenex4ever(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2015
coreseam:

Lagos actually had an advantage but if mismanaged advantages can turn to disadvantages overnight.

The good thing as you mentioned is the leadership factor.

BAT and BRF may not be saints but if they were outright incompetents Lagos will have been worse of now.

Other states including Ogun state especially have the capacity to develop their domains but lack the share will and plan for it.
BAT for instance drew a 20 year plan which BRF followed amd A+ promises to take further and higher. If such continuos planning and implementation existed in other states Lagos will not be this bloated with population.

I hope MB and PYO achieves a lot at federal level across all the states so that we all can have a better future
amen o.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 2:47pm On May 19, 2015
mikolo80:
He still body o his football club is also highly funded.Their players salary self HUGE!!!!
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 19, 2015
Jaypea98:

Please sir are you a bayelsan?
yes ofcourse Sir I am...
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 3:07pm On May 19, 2015
StainlessH:

I'm from Akwa Ibom but resides in Lagos, believe you me my state governor is over hyped with misplaced priorities. With the allocation we receive much is expected.

Good day my friend from akwa ibom always complains of bias towards oron community in terms of developmental infrastructure by the government of the day .
Is this true

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by mikolo80: 3:19pm On May 19, 2015
Jaypea98:

He still body o his football club is also highly funded.Their players salary self HUGE!!!!
hop to be at that level someday
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 3:25pm On May 19, 2015
blueseacats:

My friend most of what you showed us are estates and houses build for tinubus company, masses dont live in them. Both dick tom and harry will use apkabio's almost world standard network of roads.
LISTEN BRO LAGOS STATE government builds 200 homes per months .
If you have any interested relative residing in Lagos state tell him/her to apply .The process is transparent provided the Applicant has been a regular tax payer in the state for the past 5 years minimum

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 3:25pm On May 19, 2015
blueseacats:

My friend most of what you showed us are estates and houses build for tinubus company, masses dont live in them. Both dick tom and harry will use apkabio's almost world standard network of roads.
LISTEN BRO LAGOS STATE government builds 200 homes per months .
If you have any interested relative residing in Lagos state tell him/her to apply .The process is transparent provided the Applicant has been a regular tax payer in the state for the past 5 years minimum...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Acidosis(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2015
How many Lagosians benefit from Fashola's project?
Let's compare that with Akwa Ibom

Lol
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by santori: 3:45pm On May 19, 2015
eaglechild:
Lagos has been the capital of Nigeria since 1914 till 1991. Way before Akwaibom came into existence.

And prior to that was the major British colony in West Africa even in the 17th century.

For someone to wake up and start showing pictures of painted kerbs and Lagos skyline, fraudulent PPPs and substandard architecture in a megacity that is centuries old.

And worst of all go ahead and compare it to a state that is a few decades old is extreme stewpidity.
Which further buttressed the monumental failure Lagos is.

Before you scream allocation.

Lagos IGR more than makes up for this.
The FG presence in Lagos is unparalleled as virtually all the major bridges are FG owned and serviced as well as different FG ministries.
The private companies apart from taxes have a cooperate social responsibility that Lagos heavily benefits from.

So what does the state do with all the IGR.
Where is Lekki international airport?

Wher is Eko Atlantic?

Where is Lagos light rail?

No standard sport facility in a megacity.

These are the projects we should be asking of, not Brown 3 story buildings built for friends and tagged estate.

guy you dont know what you are saying at all, eko atlantic is ongoing and moving fast, the light rail is at an advanced stage, GEJ lead fg slowed
down the pace at at national theatre out of envy, what other standard sport facility are you talking about? oh you think teslim balogun stadium is just a football pitch sport facility like the one in uyo, for your information its a multi sport facility, mind you lagos boasts of other sporting facilities like onikan stadium, agege multi sport facilities, campus 4 aside ministadium, lagos tenis club in ikeja, oshodi boxing gymnasium plus the mini stadiums built by the state governments in all the LCDAs in lagos. guy no dey spit trash out of hate

you also mention IGR, did you think its a tea party to be able to rake in such IGR, LASG worked hard and smartly to be able to achieve the IGR it currently earn. for your information, lagos earns less than a billion naira as IGR before 1999. Ogun state is catching up fast in terms of IGR, advise other state governors to start thinking smartly and stop waiting for the federal allocation to deliver the goods

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by aresa: 3:47pm On May 19, 2015

GOV. FASHOLA HANDS OVER MAIDAN-AINA-AGILITI ROADS

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by Jaypea98: 3:49pm On May 19, 2015
temitam101:

where be this abeg
eko bridge.
Re: Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. by aresa: 3:49pm On May 19, 2015
GOV. FASHOLA HANDS OVER ALABA CEMETERY ROAD, IN AJEGUNLE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.