Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,053 members, 7,845,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years (18483 Views)

N2.2tn Debt In One Year: Buhari’s Government Under Attack / Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office / Buhari's Govt Incurs N57b Petrol Subsidy Debt -PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years by 989900: 1:10pm On May 20, 2015
patrick89:
omo the date is their for you to see, ukraine are in war, while nigeria are in peace right? What about sweden? Didn't you see that too, what about norway? Ooh Rubee had a come back despite the sanctions I agree, russia have what it takes to strengthen their currency. Their economy is already diversified so you shouldn't use their recovery to judge nigeria. Nigeria have no other source of income. I was pointing out how oil price slump has affected the currency in the international market. The rubee recovery was as a result of their vibrant domestic market and nothing more..

1. I can't find the date. Kindly indicate it, 'cause without the date, that graph 'in this context', is 'void ab initio'.

2. Russia's recovery is not that quite simple (even experts are amazed), 'cause the sanctions they face are heavy/crippling ones . . . the rise in oil prices from $43 in Feb thereabout, to the $64-$70 band now, has really been helpful for them, even Norway and Sweden, and Canada are making marginal gains 'cause of this.
BTW, copying good examples should be the ideal way to go, in-lieu of looking for those faltering.

3. Though oil accounts for roughly 90% of the government's 'forex earnings' (NOT TOTAL EARNINGS), oil is accountable for just about 10% of Nigeria's GDP as opposed to say Norway's 25% thereabout.

4. If you went through my first 2 posts, my implication is not that fall in oil prices should/would not affect Nigeria, rather, it is way 'tooo much' (some cheap excuse), and by no way is it directly proportional to oil prices, or else, why didn't the Naira gain directly proportionally against the dollar when we were selling at over $110/barrel?
Especially, when you factor in the fact that, the common man have been getting the same dollar at over N220/$ for most part of the year, a roughly 40-50% fall in value, in a one year time frame!!!

5. Even though we run an importation dependent economy which is criminal;

a. Importation of refined petroleum products -- which is madness.

b. Foreign currencies demand/looting by our 'polithievians'.

c. the faulty monetary policies operated by the FG/CBN, which ensures scarcity of the dollar=huge amount of Naira chasing few dollars -- scarcity=price hike . . . throw in Forex racketeering by the CBN,Banks,BDCs, and others.

Account for a larger part of the skewed-economic situation we are in.
Re: Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years by kwiin: 11:17pm On May 20, 2015
989900:

1. I can't find the date. Kindly indicate it, 'cause without the date, that graph 'in this context', is 'void ab initio'.

2. Russia's recovery is not that quite simple (even experts are amazed), 'cause the sanctions they face are heavy/crippling ones . . . the rise in oil prices from $43 in Feb thereabout, to the $64-$70 band now, has really been helpful for them, even Norway and Sweden, and Canada are making marginal gains 'cause of this.
BTW, copying good examples should be the ideal way to go, in-lieu of looking for those faltering.

3. Though oil accounts for roughly 90% of the government's 'forex earnings' (NOT TOTAL EARNINGS), oil is accountable for just about 10% of Nigeria's GDP as opposed to say Norway's 25% thereabout.

4. If you went through my first 2 posts, my implication is not that fall in oil prices should/would not affect Nigeria, rather, it is way 'tooo much' (some cheap excuse), and by no way is it directly proportional to oil prices, or else, why didn't the Naira gain directly proportionally against the dollar when we were selling at over $110/barrel?
Especially, when you factor in the fact that, the common man have been getting the same dollar at over N220/$ for most part of the year, a roughly 40-50% fall in value, in a one year time frame!!!

5. Even though we run an importation dependent economy which is criminal;

a. Importation of refined petroleum products -- which is madness.

b. Foreign currencies demand/looting by our 'polithievians'.

c. the faulty monetary policies operated by the FG/CBN, which ensures scarcity of the dollar=huge amount of Naira chasing few dollars -- scarcity=price hike . . . throw in Forex racketeering by the CBN,Banks,BDCs, and others.

Account for a larger part of the skewed-economic situation we are in.

in the final analysis as an expert in finance, ur interpretations are not based on the information before you, but on opinion held prior to this report:

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years by kwiin: 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Can we now do a review of this post?
Re: Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years by omonnakoda: 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
omonnakoda:
NEEDS? omonnakoda??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators / Why Do IPOB Members Support PDP? / Cameroon Hands Over 5,000 Nigerian Refugees To Borno Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.