Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network (27510 Views)

14 - 20 Year Old Bloggers, Come And Show Us Your Blogs / New Bloggers Enter Here To See How To upload pictures to Blog With Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Neduzze5(m): 4:27pm On May 24, 2015
Wow
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by priscaoge(f): 4:27pm On May 24, 2015
Let me share my Sister's blog here.....tho she's new.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Woged2005(f): 4:27pm On May 24, 2015
Complaints On 'Photo Releases '

I need to bring the attention of NL MODs that there should be a rule for posting a picture on the forum. In the media world only pictures certified as 'public' (pictures of public officials and celebrities taken during public events like function, rally, concerts, etc) can be shared by third parties without permission. Any other type of personal pictures require a 'photo release' (signed permission by the owner) before it can be used on a publication or website.

I see people posting awkward pictures of half-na*ked accident victims, photos of neighbors, photos of babies/ children (without their parents permission and tag them 'ugly baby'), and even photos of innocent people elsewhere, and put a wrong caption on it just to get 'likes' and comments. This is very wrong and a ground for heavy litigation. Nigerians are known to bastardize any trade (blogs being one their recent victims).

Please if you don't have a signed 'photo release' from a personal picture, do not post it on the Forum or website. The owner can file a complaint to the web-hosting company and win huge damages because even if a blog or forum is open to all, the owner is responsible for the contents.

How will you feel if your neighbor posts your half-n*ked picture wearing only a boxer spreading clothes outside without your permission, or a picture of your sister wearing half-slip (Shimmy) only at home and caption it "village girl in the city"?

1 Like

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 24, 2015
Started a political blog to archive my political thoughts in 2009.

Started a career and mentoring blog, JarusHub, in 2013.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 24, 2015
JayTheWebExpert:
Hello!
i'm not much of the noise making type about what i have achieved in the online/blogging world, but i'm sure networking helps to build a strong relationship even with new-comers in the blogging, i have been blogging since 2009 and i must say it has been the best thing, i gave out some of my blogs and still do some other online jobs though, feel free to comment with your blog niche, when you started and url link plus more about yourself! i reside in Lagos by the way.....
I now own a virtual Telco firm.
#zingtelecoms

lailasblog.com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by stlarry001(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2015
i would be nominated for an award soon so i need to retouch my blog. please review
www.academicmerit..com
THANKS
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by UjSizzle(f): 4:42pm On May 24, 2015
Jarus:
Started a political blog to archive my political thoughts in 2009.

Started a career and mentoring blog, JarusHub, in 2013.
Oga Jarus where is your political blog?

Everyone (almost everyone) loves JarusHub already. Methinks it looks good smiley
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by overhypedsteve(m): 4:43pm On May 24, 2015
I am a blogger oh! Check my signature for my blog and pls give me tips and advice. I want my Blog to effectively reach my target audience. Make una help me oh. Cus i pay for hosting and other packages. I really need to get that traffic or i may not have the moral to re-subscribe next year for my hosting package. Oya where are the Movers and The Shakers. Pls give me sound advice.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
Ok here's my blog...i dont have means to start self-hosting hence the long url grin....i just wish all my young people will find it useful.

http://edscienceblog..com

i started off with wordpress, but due to its high limitations for free-users, had to migrate my whole contents to blogger. I started off May last year and its been hectic, changing themes, adding/removing widgets...but its fun also because the niche (Science) has been my childhood passion. smiley

#follow my blog and i'll follow urs too. hope to see good traffic and comments there too..lol grin
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by zizirecords(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
allnaijabeats..com is your premium online platform for music production tips, reviews and videos.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by godyukan: 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
hi....... am Godson. my blog is Bionic2015..com its new probably three weeks now. Its a general blog. covers series of stuffs, news, sports, health u name it but am just starting. pls check it out and advice.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by UjSizzle(f): 4:51pm On May 24, 2015
stlarry001:
i would be nominated for an award soon so i need to retouch my blog.
please review

www.academicmerit..com

THANKS
Your blog's tagline has no relationship with the posts you put up. And shorten it too. You can create an About page with the rest of the stuff you want to write.
Also use "read more" tags, and paragraphs. Everything's so jumbled up I can't even get the hang of the site.
And categories (I think it's called Labels on ?) Categories make it easier for people to head to aspects of your site they're most interested in.

I'll tell you about the layout and design when I'm on a PC.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by olempe(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2015
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by lordprosh(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2015
Twas nice reading the comments so far...
Am starting my blog next week..so I will be needing some help thanks
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Livintainment: 4:52pm On May 24, 2015
@JayTheWebExpert. @misstechy check out this www.habitclinic..com < IT IS A DAILY GUiDE ON HUMAN HEALTH ON FOOD,FRUITS,HABITS! The effects and BEnefits!
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by olyrayy(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
Mine is www.UilLawnotes..com
It is a blog that provides notes for law students and other legal contents. Abeg, help me review.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by chieyine(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
My name is Chieyine Nelson, a medical student of UNN. I blog about health www.africanshealth.com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by idiadostephen(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2015
Nice work you have got going here....here is mine for your review.......www.souldeepwriters.com

1 Like

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2015
UjSizzle:

Your blog's tagline has no relationship with the posts you put up. And shorten it too. You can create an About page with the rest of the stuff you want to write.
Also use "read more" tags, and paragraphs. Everything's so jumbled up I can't even get the hang of the site.
And categories (I think it's called Labels on ?) Categories make it easier for people to head to aspects of your site they're most interested in.

I'll tell you about the layout and design when I'm on a PC.
so true!
i visited it few days back (love visiting peeps blogs to learn few things) and i felt strange...the title was so misleading.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2015
misstechy i see u viewing grin u care to lend an helping hand here? cheesy
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by oginni106: 5:02pm On May 24, 2015
I talk relationship, lifestyle, fashion and fitness on www.tonyhawttalk..com
please help me review @misstechy
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:03pm On May 24, 2015
RobinHez:
misstechy i see u viewing grin
u care to lend an helping hand here? cheesy

Lol busted -
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:05pm On May 24, 2015
idiadostephen:
Nice work you have got going here....here is mine for your review.......www.souldeepwriters.com

Very nice and unique niche you've picked for your self - wht are the things you are doing to promote it ?
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 5:05pm On May 24, 2015
idiadostephen:
nice...but why dont u increase the width a bit?
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Hope22: 5:06pm On May 24, 2015
Industrial machine fabrications.
www.indusfab.blogspots.com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 5:07pm On May 24, 2015
MissTechy:

Lol busted -
haha...u thought u could just hide? no1 female tech blogger in Naija cant be hidden in a place. wink
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:07pm On May 24, 2015
Btw mine is misstechy. com your opinions would be valued
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by jbonito(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2015
Hi everyone. Am interested in starting a web business. Blogging, domain, and so on. @op u think u can put me through what I need ? I'll appreciate

Cc jaythewebexpert
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by BL3zzY(f): 5:08pm On May 24, 2015
juicee1:
pls teach me
goto your setting or your templates to change the option.
check mine. www.blezzyy..com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2015
Livintainment:
@JayTheWebExpert check out this www.habitclinic..com < IT IS A DAILY GUiDE ON HUMAN HEALTH ON FOOD,FRUITS,HABITS! The effects and BEnefits!
loved the article on agbo!
dropped a comment there wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Help Us Build the Best Nigerian Website Directory / Onlyfans Reverses Ban On Sexually Explicit Content / Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.