Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Shattered Glass - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered Glass (64041 Views)

Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story. / Shattered Dream (episode 1) / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Biebi was surprised to see Vosa's door ajar as she stepped in, cautiously. She was even more surprised to see the messy state of the house. Vosa, whom she knew as a well known clean freak.
"Richard?" She called out quietly to him. He was sitting at the dining table, holding an ice pack to his head. He looked up immediately and struggled to stand.
"Beeb?" He acknowledged her presence.
"It's Biebi. What happened? Did you and Vosa get into a fight?"
"Oh, I wish." He commented dryly.
"Vosa!" She disappeared into her bedroom, looking for answers. She came outside after a minute and stared at Richard piercingly.

"I've been calling her line all morning but I couldn't get through. Where is she?!"
"Okay, okay. Just calm down, already" He sat down and placed the icepack on his head again. "Some men came and took her away. I tried to stop them but..."
"And you're so easy?! Some men came and took Vosa away and you're here sitting like a log of wood?!" He stood up, again.
"Hey, Missy, don't insult me. I've had a rough day,and you're not about to make it worse"
"Where'd you keep her?"
"You really think I had a hand on this. You're unbelievable. I'm very fond of Vosa..."
"So fond of her you thought of making money of her nudês." She noticed the shock on his face. "Yes, she told me. We're practically sisters, uno"
Richard thrust his hands in his pockets and looked her over. She might have a pretty face and banging body, but her attitude was nothing to write home about.

"It's called art, Ms. And I'll have you know she had no problem with it"
"She just stopped some nasty business; you really think she'd jump for joy selling her nakèd pictures to the fvcking public?!" Richard thought about what she said. Was that why she was in a bad mood all day?
"You really are inept. What do you even know about her, anyway? Have you been to the station?" Richard gritted his teeth, getting irritated.
"48 hours till she's declared missing." He answered without looking at her.
"You said it was a kidnap case, or...wasn't it?" She stared at him, suspiciously.
"I told you, I don't know who has her! If you don't believe me, that's up to you" He picked up his phone that was buzzing silently in his back pocket.

"Mr. Akindele, Sir? Yes..yes, thank you Sir. No, no, I'm excited you like the painting. Wait, what? My Dad? What for? Oh...okay. No problem... I'll speak to him." He hung up.
"Who was that? Any news about Vosa?" Biebi asked him anxiously.
"Yeah... My Dad has her"
"Why am I not surprised?" Biebi smirked.
"Biebi? I have no hand in this. And I'll prove it to you. When I get her back"
"I'll just go and have him reported to the police"
"No, please. Let me handle this my own way, for once in my life."

Re: Shattered Glass by HelenBee(f): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
But why?! Chief please don't harm Vosa o.

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 11:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Vosa sad sad
Re: Shattered Glass by dherbee: 11:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Shattered Glass by bellovers(m): 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
check it out guys. I guarantee you you will enjoy this story https://www.nairaland.com/2695510/love-non-human
Re: Shattered Glass by Ndukings92(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
Papa abeg come continue o o
Re: Shattered Glass by dammyluv911(f): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
dis story is wow more update pls
Re: Shattered Glass by Ndukings92(m): 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
Oga wia u de na
Re: Shattered Glass by Jaytoy(f): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wow nice story... a ghost reader can u pls come update?
Re: Shattered Glass by Ndukings92(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Na dis kind thing make me no de de too interested for interesting stories for Nairaland
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ndukings92:
Na dis kind thing make me no de de too interested for interesting stories for Nairaland

Lol, okay Sir.

I promise I'll write something this night...

Okay? smiley
Re: Shattered Glass by heemah(f): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Welcome mznelly....Following like Twitter.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
"1...2..3..." Vosa mouthed as she held on to her knees, rocking back and forth solemnly on the dingy bed. By her count, it was an hour yet she didn't know who her captor was. The suspense was killing her and the thought that she would never see Richard again was killing her, yet she kept on counting. It was a good way to keep her mind busy and occupied.
"30...31..." She examined the room as she counted. It looked like where whoever kidnapped her kept his victims. It small, with little ventilation and very disorganized. She thought about Richard again. She loved him with all her heart; now she was so sure. Now, when she couldn't hold him, kiss him and tell him just how much he completed her.

She didn't know for sure whether he felt the same but it almost didn't matter. If she could be with him just one last time, she would definitely die a happy woman.
The door creaked, interrupting her thoughts. The keys jingled from the other end and then, he entered. He, whom she forgot existed up until now. She gulped, nervous. All of a sudden, she was scared, terrified and certain she was surely going to die.

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
Correction: Vosa* and not Biebi. smiley

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Without a word, he spread out Richard's canvas on the bed, in front of her. "This is...a nice painting" He smiled dryly as he said this.
"Ch-chief-" She stuttered, speechless. "You...don't understand."
"Explain" Explain? What was there to explain? She saw a chance to help Richard and took it.
Without another word, hit her across her left cheek with his palm.
"Ow!" His slap stung her like a million bees and she massaged her cheek, tears filling her eyes.
She tasted blood on her tongue and was surprised the force of the slap didn't pull out her tongue.

"So that is how bad you want my son-in wealth or poverty?.. Talk to me Vosa!" She shook her head, terrified.
"No, please-"
"Then explain this-" He grabbed her by the neck, while she choked, out of breath. "It will only be rational to kill you now; to kill you now, Vosa!" She kicked about wildly, holding tightly to his big hands to break free. He immediately released his grasp, when he noticed her hold was weakening. He went to get her a bottle of water from the fridge. She clutched at it and gulped down the contents, massaging her throat.

"I can't. I can't kill you, Vosa. Even though I should... I can't. Because I love you, Vosa. I love you more than I've loved anyone, even Eva, my late wife. Why don't you understand that? Why don't you love me? I could make you happy, very happy. I'll give you money... I'll take you places, I'll show you love. Why don't you love me? While I love you with all I have?"
Because I'm in love with your son, she wanted to say. But the sting of his slap still hurt, so she kept mute.

"I'll take you out of here. We'll leave the country together. You'll never see Richard again"
"Chief", she wanted to protest.
"Don't even bother disagreeing. I've made all the arrangements. My chafeur downstairs will take us to the airport and we'll be in Houston in the next 48 hours"
"Chief please-" She didn't want this. She didn't want his money, or the luxury or anything. She thought money was everything at one point, but now she knew better. She wanted to be happy and her happiness laid with one man-Richard.
Unwilling to listen to anything, he grabbed her hand and led her outside.

Re: Shattered Glass by Ndukings92(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, okay Sir.
I promise I'll write something this night...
Okay? smiley
okay bro, am gladdened to be sincere.
Re: Shattered Glass by PricelessCharm(f): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nice one Nelly
Re: Shattered Glass by Jaytoy(f): 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice one but update too short. I Hope u will finish up and not behave unlike other story writers on nairaland
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Jaytoy:
Nice one but update too short. I Hope u will finish up and not behave unlike other story writers on nairaland

I'll try, Mr.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
The next post is not for under 18's. Thanks for staying away in advance cheesy cheesy
Re: Shattered Glass by llaykorn: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
MzNelly:
The next post is not for under 18's. Thanks for staying away in advance cheesy cheesy

*swiftly unfollows thread.
Re: Shattered Glass by labaski(f): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
MzNelly:
#thank God I'm. not under 18. oya I'm in anticipation..
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
llaykorn:

*swiftly unfollows thread.

Lol, better come back here grin grin

Under 18 ke?

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
"I'm not in the mood for useless gossip" Rachel, immediately cut off any further gossip Linda was about to spin. The new, sultry secretary bounced her exposed cleavage tethering on the edge of her half unbuttoned white shirt as she spoke.
"But I'm telling you, lover girl. He's engaged." Rachel stared at her surprised. How she knew things even faster than she did was beyond her. How did she know she liked Doye?
"And if you're wondering whom to, wonder no more-" She gestured with her eyed to Biebi who had just entered. "There she goes. I saw her picture on his wallpaper, he has it everywhere! On his phone, his laptop, and even his car! If you really like him, it's high time you shoo her away, don't you think?"
Rachel went forward, renewed with the words of 'encouragement' from Linda.

"Who are you looking for?" She asked her, feigning ignorance about who she was.
"Doye", Biebi answered simply.
"What for? Do you have an appointment?" Biebi was surprised. Were secretaries always this rude?
"No, but..."
"Then leave"
"Excuse me?"
"This organization does not run on the whims of pesty customers like you; else we would be in a pretty bad shape now, don't you think? Make an appointment or leave now"
"I'm not a customer", Biebi stated firmly. Rachel swallowed and examined her. She compared herself to her and saw how woefully she failed. Was the boobs and butt why he went for her? She was heartbroken .

"I'm his fiancee. And you better watch your tongue with me, else, I'd be the last person you speak to that way here." She left her and headed to Doye's office. She had better things to think about than a rude receptionist or whatever she was.
For example, why she hasn't seen Vosa or Richard in a whole day after he declared he was going to bring her back. She needed Doye's help.. She wasn't sure what had happened but she was worried.

"Baby" Before she knew it, she was wrapped around the comfy arms she loved so much.
"You okay?" He asked her,examining her countenance.
"I'm fine... I'm just worried Vosa isn't. You know, Vosa, my friend I told you about. She was kidnapped"
"What?!"
"Yes... And I'm so worried. It's been 3 days now. Her silly boyfriend or whatever he Is, is supposed to bring her back, but you can guess how well that is going."
"I'm sorry,c'mon,have a seat.."
"I don't want to sit, Doye. I just want to know if you can help me. I love Vosa like she was my sister. I just want her back"
"Okay then. Let me see if I can get in contact with the DPO. I'll fill in a report and dispatch some of his men to people you suspect" He picked up his phone.
"Thank you. Her name is Vosa. And here... I have a picture of her... We could go to the station and submit this..."
"Just send me an electronic copy, I'll send it to him. It'll save a lot of time, you know" She nodded and did as he said, while he put a call through to the police.
"I strongly suspect Chief Benson" She chipped in. He nodded and told the Inspector what she had said.

She sat down, exhausted. She hoped and prayed Vosa was okay wherever she was, because if she wasn't... How would she go on? It would be hard.
Doye squatted in front of her and took her hand in his? It'll be fine, he said. "They're taking care of it, it'll all be fine. Just take your mind off it"
She picked up her bag and got up again."I'm sorry, I have to leave. I have to inform my siblings about the situation. They think of her as their aunt, they deserve to know what's up"
He nodded, understanding.

"Um.. Biebi?"
"Yeah?"
"What happened yesterday?"
"I just wasn't in the mood" She really hoped he wouldn't bring it up
"Are you... You know" Biebi smiled, finding his discomfort amusing.
"No. I'm not. But I'm just not ready... I guess"
"We can wait till marriage then, I don't mind." She nodded. It wasn't the time to discuss their sexual compatibility.
"Thank you." He hugged her again and she nestled her nose in the cradle of his neck. God, he smiled nice. It was an aphrodisiac, if the timing was right.
"Can I... Kiss you?" He whispered.
"No" She answered, without thinking. "Is that all you can think about, right

Re: Shattered Glass by HelenBee(f): 12:54am On Dec 05, 2015
Not for under 18 u said..well thanks for the update

Re: Shattered Glass by tijehi(f): 2:54am On Dec 05, 2015
This is so definitely for under 15.

Well done o
Re: Shattered Glass by Fijumokesayo(f): 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Thanks for the update dear, God bless you.....
Re: Shattered Glass by Fijumokesayo(f): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
[quote author=tijehi post=40699734]This is so definitely for under 15.

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2015

Re: Shattered Glass by heemah(f): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
Wow! Happy for biebi..Atlast, she is overcoming her fears!
Thanks for the update even though it was short
Re: Shattered Glass by saraphina(f): 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
I want more Mznelly...

Re: Shattered Glass by Cutehector(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2015
saraphina:
I want more Mznelly...
dnt pick my calls eh... U hav tried

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54