Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Shattered Glass - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered Glass (64129 Views)

Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story. / Shattered Dream (episode 1) / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shattered Glass by PricelessCharm(f): 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
That got me speechless. Why would Doye embarrass her like dat? Well, i agree with kinglekan. I jst pray Biebi is having a very bad dream..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by sod09(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2015
MzNelly:

No way grin grin

Tori still long
wow...wat a turn around
Oya chop kiss...
Sorry for d accusations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2015

Mznelly i just saw ur mention ooo. Guess i was too late. You took it down already. sad

**modified***

After playing it i was like this....

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

Mznelly i just saw ur mention ooo. Guess i was too late. You took it down already. sad

**modified***

After playing it i was like this....

Lol, awww kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, awww kiss kiss

Still tempted to use that button u know. smiley kiss

Nd why did u take down the pix so fast? angry

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

Still tempted to use that button u know. smiley kiss

Nd why did u take down the pix so fast? angry

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by ernie98(f): 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
wow...i'm new here buh i must confess ur too gud nelly.

oh how i wish biebe s jes havin a bad nightmare. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
MzNelly:

FINALLY grin grin grin grin grin

Yummy cheeks and cutie face. wink kiss

Still laughing hard at ur prev post on your diary where u said you were shaking ur excuse of a nyash. I seriously doubt that now tho. grin grin grin

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

FINALLY grin grin grin grin grin

Yummy cheeks and cutie face. wink kiss

Still laughing hard at ur prev post on your diary where u said you were shaking ur excuse of a nyash. I seriously doubt that now tho. grin grin grin

Lol... Its true kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
Miss nelly, u av another follower so pls do me d honour of dropping an update!

Besides, ur storyline is more than intriguing, pls don't stop! I am loving it big time !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
"I said a maternity dress, not an old, dying lady's gown" Vosa whined as Biebi once more strapped the measuring tape around her bulging tummy. Biebi ignored her complaints and focused on how wide her hips had grown since she last sewed her a gown. She was already six months gone and in no time she would be popping out a little Richard or Vosa. She was beyond happy for her dear friend and instinctively, she settled her hand on Vosa's belly, soothingly.

"I can't wait for her to come out" Biebi said, smiling. Vosa chuckled.
"Me neither. But please get started on this gown. I can't be looking like an old, tired fatso around Richard. Make me something sexy and hip, please!" Biebi shook her head and went to sit at her reclining chair. She noticed absentmindedly how beautiful her office looked like now she had painted it. Vosa had suggested the color-green. It made the mannequins and the sample styles on them stand out.
The plain brown leather furniture Vosa eventually crashed on had a rich azure and peach on the background of the green. The stripped curtains, accented with gold echoed the peach as well as the vases and the flowers they held. Each artifact, each ornament was placed with taste, which belied the chaos of Biebi's life. She had apprentices at her beck and call in the one storey building where she successfully managed to make something of herself-Fashion Passion with Biebi.

"If you're done looking around your office with that stupïd grin, we can get started on my dress"
Biebi laughed and stood up, elated.
"Oh Vosa! I feel llke celebrating! I can't believe we achieved all this in the span of one year!" Vosa smiled.
"It's all you, Biebi. All you. I had nothing to do with this. You've worked nonstop to achieve this and hey, you made it"
"Coming from the Executive Manager of Chief Benson and Sons, I'm honored" Vosa chuckled and made a shooing gesture with her hand.
"Shut up. Richard hasn't appointed me yet. And I'm not planning on taking it up"
"Why?"
"Um... Have you seen me, lately? I'm pregnant, honey. Only thing I should be taking is a maternity leave and that's it"
"Nuh uh girl, you need to stay close to your man. Keep tabs on him, b. Weren't you complaining about being fat and what-not?"
"I trust Richard" Biebi shook her head and sat down.

"Men are the same, honey. You remember that, and you'll be good"
"You know, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I married before your ass. I always thought you'd be the first to be wifed up-babies, and all of that shït" Biebi stifled as the memories of her past came haunting her in full force. She gulped and took out a pen from her drawer.
"Okay, let me take your measurement again"
"Biebi?" She held her hand as she spoke softly to her. "I'm not saying this to spite you. I love you, you know that. But you need to find yourself someone. It's been over a year now. Forget Doye and his bïtch ass. Get with Tim,he's such a nice guy and you know it" Biebi withdrew her hand from hers and stood up.
"I am over Doye, Vosa. How many times do I have to drum it into your eardrums thati don't ever wanna hear that man's name no more" Vosa sighed.
"I'm sorry, okay? But all I'm trying to say is move on" She stood up as well. "We'll get those measurements later. I'm hungry as hell. And I need a snack... Or two. Later" She exited the office,leaving Biebi to her thoughts.

Biebi sat down, slowly. A year had passed. 365 days...
But it seemed like it was yesterday when she fell in love with him, when he kissed her, when they made love, when he asked her to marry him.... When he embarrassed her at the altar.
It was time to move on and she knew it, but she was always stalling.
"Enough stalling, Biebi" She whispered to herself,slowly. She picked up the phone and called Tim Reeds.

"So about that date I've been owing you like forever..."

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2015
Wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Feyikemi12(f): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2015
I love this story can't just wait for the next update #God_bless_MzNelly [color=#990000]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Norenal(f): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2015
iAmCharis:
See as I dey look kinglekan
dz cracked me uo aswear grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Norenal(f): 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
Viva!! @MzNelly compliments of the season 2 U dearie
hope we get 2 see d end of dz gr8 story b4 2015 runs out
nd prolly get another dope 1ne by 2016 wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
"Baby" Rachel pressed her lips warmly to his and wrapped her arm around his waist.
"You're back" Doye smiled at her.
"Yes baby", He replied, caressing her hair. "But c'mon, we're standing in the hallway; everyone's watching. Let's go to my office." Rachel shrugged.
"You're my fiance. Or is it because I'm just your P.A?" He pulled her towards his office, opened the door and dropped his bag.

"You're not just my P.A, Rachel. You're the woman I'm going to marry" She smiled, her heart jumping up excitedly as he said those words. For years,she had pined after this man, wanted him in more ways than one, stayed with him through the Monica and Biebi phase, now... Now, he was hers-for the keeping. It had taken her a while to work her way through his heart, but it was worth it. It was worth it all.
Including the night where she came to him, seeking to comfort him. It was the night of his failed wedding to Biebi. She brought alcohol and a sexy lingerie along.
He cried out his heart to her, telling her how much he would've married Biebi in a heartbeat if she had just been honest with him. But she broke their trust, she broke their love. She soothed him with several glasses of wine And in no time, they were both drunk, having raw, hot sex on his Siamese rug. Everything went smoothly except the fact he won't stop calling Biebi's name. It was her first time and the next morning, he couldn't stop apologizing; but she assured him everything was alright. And it was, it really was right now.

"Rachel? Are you even listening to me?"
"Em... Yes, baby. The wedding in two months time. I have it all sorted out. Only thing left is to see your parents" He shifted uneasily. "What's wrong, Doye? You've seen mine." He smiled, trying to reassure her.
"You'll see them, okay? I just need to close this business deal and..." She wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him, pressing her body extremely close to his. She kissed his neck, and her hands shifted to his trousers. He held her hands.
"Em... What you doing?" She unzipped his trousers.
"Some people would call it a fellatió"
"Rachel, not here. C'mon, we're in the office" She stepped back, upset by his refusal.
"But you had sex with her right here" He blinked.
"What are you saying?"
"You're too smart to act stupïd, Doye. You had sex with her on that table, am I right?"
"How...How...?"
"I eavesdropped; Yes I did. It wasn't just one or two times. You guys did it continuously here. But with me, you're talking about what's appropriate and what-not"
"Rachel, please-"
"What does she have that I don't?! Why won't you let me see your parents? Why do you always call her name when we make love? I thought you hated her. She was a slüt! I let you take my virginity, for God's sake!" She paused and sniffled. "Maybe I made a mistake" She made to leave, but he was quick to grab her arm.

"Rachel, how many times do I have to tell you I love you? I really do, okay? And I don't need to have sex with you in my office to prove that. We'll see my parents tomorrow, okay?"
"Really?" She smiled at him.
"Yes, babe. Now give Daddy a kiss"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by heemah(f): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mtcheeew. That Rachael of a girl!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by PricelessCharm(f): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
Animalistic Rachel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
Rachel undecided
Re: Shattered Glass by ernie98(f): 2:12am On Dec 24, 2015
sadits nt her fault sha
Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hmmmm? Is dis d end of d story?
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Doye stepped into the office of the CEO of Chief Benson and Sons confidently, stunned as to the sight that met him. He'd seen this face before... He was undoubtedly sure. He racked his brain and then all of a sudden, remembered. At his wedding...With Biebi... His best man.
He cleared his throat and clutched the documents he was holding tighter. He was here to seal a business deal with the company he was told was the best competitor in the market... But he certainly wasn't prepared for this. Richard stood up, watching Doye distastefully, with no attempt to be friendly. So this was who wanted to partner with him?

"Mr. Richard?"
"You want to partner with me?" Richard asked, arrogance creeping into his voice. Doye noted it and was confused on how to answer. He thought this would be pretty easy-sign the contract and go home to show Rachel to his parents. But no, life just couldn't tire of surprising him.
He glanced away from Richard's piercing stare and his eyes caught the frame on his table. It was the wedding picture of him and of Biebi's friend. Vosa, was it?
"Oh...you're staring at this?" Richard picked up the frame and looked at it fondly. "Come to think of it, you would have one of these, if you weren't such an ass!"
"Richard...can we just...bury the past and move on? I'm here for business, not for..."
"Bury the past, you say? The past that won't stop haunting Biebi till now? It might be easy for you to bury it, being the jerk that you are, but you ruined that poor girl's life in every way possible"
Doye blinked, surprised.

"Excuse you. For as long as we stayed together, she hid the truth of her past from me, now you're talking about who ruined whose life?"
"Oh please, Doye! If you loved her, I mean if you really loved her, you would have stayed with her notwithstanding her past, present or future! But your love was conditional. And that was why you embarrassed that poor girl on what would have been the happiest day of her life..."
"Don't speak nonsense, Richard! You don't know the whole story. You don't know how many lies I overlooked from her, how many times she betrayed my trust. It was the ultimate, and I couldn't take it anymore!"
"Because you're a coward, and that's what cowards like you do! But you know what, it's fine. Because, guess what, Biebi...Biebi has moved on. With someone better than you... With someone that has a lot more class, charisma and I dare say, a lot more courage"
Doye swallowed, his heart pounding heavily against his chest. Biebi had found someone else?

"What's wrong, Doye? Did you think she would wait for you till eternity?" Doye was indeed surprised. He thought she loved him enough to wait a little longer. But, wasn't that being selfish?
After all, he was getting married. But still- Knowing she was going to be someone else's made his skin crawl with...jealousy?
"I'm getting married as well" Doye retorted
"Who's the unlucky girl?"
"Your wife is the unlucky one" Richard crossed his table to where Doye stood and held him by his collar.
"Don't even go there, because I will strangle you to death right here and you won't even hear a whisper, trust me." Doye pushed him aside and adjusted his tie.

"It was pointless coming here, I'm leaving Now"
"One minute, Doye"
"What now?"
"You will tender an official apology to Biebi. You're going to do that." Doye laughed, hoarsely.
"And who the hell do you think you are to tell me what I should or shouldn't do?" Richard thrust his hands in his pockets and grinned wickedly.
"You want someone to partner with, don't you? You can either do that or... You'll leave me no choice to rundown your reputation with all the companies in the economy sector. It'll just take me one letter, really?"
"Are...are you serious? You'll do this just because of Biebi?"
"Because of Biebi, Vosa, that unforgettable punch you gave me, and because I really do not like you"
"I'm not going to dance to your tune. Go fvck yourself!"
"You'll run bankrupt, Mr. Doye. Just swallow your pride and do what you should've done a year ago"
"I don't care who the hell you think you are! I won't go down just because you said so. And if you try anything funny, I'll sue you for defamation of character"
"I dont have to defame anything. All there is to do really is produce recordings and pictures of your wedding drama and your reputation will seriously be questioned" Doye stepped up to him.
"Are you threatening me?"
"I will do it, Doye; no threats. 72 hours and Biebi hasn't heard from you-it really wouldn't be pretty"
"I guess we'll see in court, because I will do no such thing!"
"72 hours" Doye stepped out of his office, furious and picked up his phone.

"Hello? Rachel? I'm sorry, we can't see my parents today"
"Why? What happened?"
"It's a long story, but the business deal went sour"
"Doye, but I've... I went shopping and bought some clothes for myself and you. Please, Doye..."
"I'm in a really bad mood, please Rachel. Some other time..."
"This is just another of your excuses, isn't it?"
"Rachel, no! Really, today sucked."
"Then all you have to do is put yourself in a better mood. Actually I figured something like this would happen. So I... Left something at the office...for you"
"What's that?"
"A whole load of things you would be missing if you didn't marry me" Doye found himself smiling. He was used to Rachel sending him various sensual videos.
"It's in my drawer, top left. I burned it into disc"
"Wow, a disc? How long is it? 24 hours?" Rachel chuckled.
"Just three steamy hours, if you can. And when you're done, I'll be at home waiting; then we can go meet your parents. Deal?"
"Deal" He put down his phone. He needed to stop stalling his marriage to Rachel, it was high time he moved on just as Biebi did.

"No more stalling Doye, no stalling" With that, he left for the office.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by donkross1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas Mznelly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
donkross1:
Merry Christmas Mznellyy

Thanks smiley smiley
Re: Shattered Glass by Joizy(f): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry xmas peepz.@mzNelly tanx 4 dis .mre ink 2 ya pen
Re: Shattered Glass by PricelessCharm(f): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2015
Sweet one. Merry christmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2015
Nice writeup mznelly! Doye go soon see sufferness, e too sure!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2015
MzNelly Pls feed us more!
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2015
Do you want this writer to get a little reward?Nominate this story for Story of the Month award here. https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=2818004
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
"So...how did the date go?" Vosa asked her, the minute Biebi collapsed onto the nearest seat. Biebi rolled her eyes, contemplating how to answer. The date was horrible... All she really kept thinking about was Doye. She felt as though she was betraying him-moving on with her life and what-not.
Eventually, she had to cut it short and go home. She couldn't give Tim Reeds any more false hope. It wasn't fair to him.

"Fine" She said, putting up a fake smile.
"'Fine?' Is that your 'fine' face?" Biebi sat upright and looked around.
"Where's Efe and Oyibo? And why are you here anyways?"
"I didn't come for you, okay? I just came to give a little something to my favorite godson. He's made me exceedingly proud"
"What-?" Oyibo exited the room, holding a sheet of paper excitedly.
"You won't believe this, Aunty! I passed my JAMB exam!" Biebi's heart swelled and she temporarily forgot her bad date. She walked up to him and gave him a giant hug.
"What score? What score?" She grabbed the sheet of paper and squeeled as she saw the boldly written 252
She embraced him again and pecked him on his forehead.
"We're going to celebrate this..." Oyibo chuckled.
"Aunty, it's not a big deal. Let me pass the post JAMB, then we can celebrate." Vosa squeezed his hand and compressed five #1000 note into it.
"Buy pure water with it" Oyibo laughed and curtesied.
"Thank you ma."
"So, Biebi tell us about your date nau" Vosa pressed.

Biebi picked up her bag and headed for her room.
"There's nothing to tell, Vosa. And Oyibo ignore your Aunt, just go in and prepare something for me to eat"
"Okay, Aunty. But please, don't tell me you're taking that white man serious? Doye was the best and he was also very cool. I was still secretly hoping you both would make up" Vosa hissed.
"Oyibo, how can you even talk like that? After everything he did to your sister?!"
"But Aunty..."
"'Doye was the best'" She mimicked Oyibo. "Richard saw Doye recently. He called me and guess what he told me? That idïot is getting married... just like that"
"What?!" Biebi and Oyibo chorused, surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by HENSEXIE(f): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣ks 4 d update MZNELLY,but morrree plsssss aπϑ mek it lomger diz tym grin *winkz
MORE GRACE
Re: Shattered Glass by HENSEXIE(f): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣ks 4 d update MZNELLY,but morrree plsssss aπϑ mek it longer diz tym grin *winkz
MORE GRACE

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.