Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" (32620 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Adebola Irede Daniel Bags Distinction In UK (Photos) / Nigeria Investigating Connection Between Niger Delta Militants And IPOB - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 30, 2015
rexbuton:

See I no get una time.. My mama na from oza-nogogo, I dey speak d language wella any weather. But my argument remains that you can't claim areas instead allow dem have a referendum.. One involving verified people from that ethnic group ..
From una arguments anybody wey share boundary with una na Bleep- igbo.. Assuming say na igbos dey abuja we for dey get bwari-igbos, fulani-igbos, hausa -igbos, kanuri - igbos! Please respect the singularity and self determination of every tribe! Proximity is not relationship
u are telling someone from Anioma dat he or she can't claim areas, is it we igbo's dat are claiming dem or they know d truth and they have chosen to live by it, if u re from Benin ok nobody is begging u... go we won't beg u... but if others are from Igbo they are also welcome. simple.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 1:22pm On May 30, 2015
[s]
lygn19:
u are telling someone from Anioma dat he or she can't claim areas, is it we igbo's dat are claiming dem or they know d truth and they have chosen to live by it, if u re from Benin ok nobody is begging u... go we won't beg u... but if others are from Igbo they are also welcome. simple.
[/s]

Give it up. Your cover has been blown
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 30, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

Give it up. Your cover has been blown
how do u mean.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 1:26pm On May 30, 2015
lygn19:
how do u mean.

I said give it up. Enough with lying kids like you angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 30, 2015
atlwireles:

I said give it up. Enough with lying kids like you angry angry angry angry angry
lieing abt wat...
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Icon4s(m): 1:37pm On May 30, 2015
Geologically speaking: The Niger Delta Basin is underlying the following states: Abia,Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers.Though what we have in Cross River can also be called the Calabar flank which is a sub-basin.
These are states that we have the Akata, Agbada and Benin formation which is the atratigraphy of the Niger Delta.
The Delta might seem to be jst between Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta today but the early delta started developing several kilometres northwards of d present day Delta( talking abt geological Delta nt Delta state o)

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 7:05am On Jun 09, 2015
DelticStephEn:

you are really funny.
i'm from Owa.
but allthis your claims are all wrong. i think you are the one who is lost and don't know about our land.
it's either you are part of the ika people called Ozzara who migrated from bini or that you have read our history and found out the truth that we have 99.9% ancestral root from igboland but you still refused to accept that it is just the truth.
so many of us from Anioma have engaged in hectic argument about this but after so much research,we were able to trace our origin to igboland.Apart from language,cultural & name similarity, i have had enough evidence that our ancestors are from igboland.
the problem with us igbo in south south is that we always fail to differenciate dialete from language and tribe from ethnic group.
that when some one say that we are igbo with reason that we speak igbo and bear igbo name,some set of people will giv excuse that we speak similar language that sound different,and some of us will say that we answer english name does that make us an English?.forgeting that Dialete is not the same thing with language.
i used to be like this fighting anyone that dare to call me igbo,but d argument between me & some of our anioma elders got so tough that i had to go into deep research.
and low and behold they were right.

Do you know people bear abiodun, ikponmwosa, irabor in agbor? go to the palace of the dein of Agbor and make inquiries. for example agbor is short for Agbonifo(meaning lineage), tell me how that name makes sense in igbo. Tell me how ofugbon which means palm oil makes sense in igbo. I also remember watching a traditional ruler of one anioma town(been long cant remember d exact town) recount their history and it wasnt far off from what i am saying.

lastly onye owa.. you know someday, an owa person will claim they were never same as someone from agbor. He may even cite that he has a different crown he answers to, by then people would have forgotten how it all happpened. I once used to call myself delta igbo, but as i grew up i started asking questions and despite the fact i grew up at home, no one seemed to provide good answers till i had that project to write. I sometimes wish we have a nicely documented history like the binis who even have the addresses of the tombs of all their queen mothers(even those who were buried 2 centuries ago). hopefully someday one of us will put these things together. Right now we face an immediate danger of the ika language been lost, this is worse than not having a record of ur ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 09, 2015
einsteino:

Do you know people bear abiodun, ikponmwosa, irabor in agbor? go to the palace of the dein of Agbor and make inquiries. for example agbor is short for Agbonifo(meaning lineage), tell me how that name makes sense in igbo. Tell me how ofugbon which means palm oil makes sense in igbo. I also remember watching a traditional ruler of one anioma town(been long cant remember d exact town) recount their history and it wasnt far off from what i am saying.

lastly onye owa.. you know someday, an owa person will claim they were never same as someone from agbor. He may even cite that he has a different crown he answers to, by then people would have forgotten how it all happpened. I once used to call myself delta igbo, but as i grew up i started asking questions and despite the fact i grew up at home, no one seemed to provide good answers till i had that project to write. I sometimes wish we have a nicely documented history like the binis who even have the addresses of the tombs of all their queen mothers(even those who were buried 2 centuries ago). hopefully someday one of us will put these things together. Right now we face an immediate danger of the ika language been lost, this is worse than not having a record of ur ancestry.
no offense to u or to cause problem o, I know an Agbor boy whose name is Kehinde, I used to confuse him for yoruba until he told me he is from delta, I was also thinking it's Itsekiri until he said Agbor... then I asked him how come the name and he told me he was named after someone who helped der family dats yoruba. so if tomorrow dz one u guys are having identity crisis is ur place someone who come and say Agbor has der history in Yoruba land coz there people bear yoruba names...lol
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by eneidoko(f): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
Who's proud of the arrangement called Nigeria that was done for the Business interests for the Brits without seeking the opinion of my people? We are advocatin for a renegotiation or referendum to secede.

For your information, majority of the countries in the world contain multi-ethnic nationalities working towards a common goal.
Go to Ghana, South Africa, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, China, Russia, Brazil, UK, US, Mexico, India, Pakistan, Canada etc.

In Nigeria, every tribe wants his own country!

Go ahead and dismember Nigeria into 300 tribal countries!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku's Close Friend Kwande Urges Him To 'pick Up The Phone And Call Buhari' / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths / Shettima Visits Scene Of Bomb Blast At University Of Maiduguri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.