Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,220 members, 7,853,149 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1058104 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zimunachimdi: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
hello all. pls is it advisable for a federal govt worker who is on a payroll of 150k to forfeit his job for OZ. his plans is to study any medical related courses in sydney,get his PR and bring his wife and kids over.

cc:WestAfrican
wafer247
AlvinKem
kladworth and others pls

thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 2:14am On Nov 06, 2016
Raymondeji:

Hi bro, I'm coming in January, kindly send me a mail, let's talk oladejiray@gmail.com

Mail sent
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 2:22am On Nov 06, 2016
dmickdx:

thanks man..but
1 do I ask for transcript and verify myself? or the school in Australia requests for it?

If you could get it yourself and certify it, that would be faster. You don't necessarily have to certify if it's a coloured copy.
Someone recently told me some Nigerian universities (or all) stopped sending transcripts to students' addres (can't confirm that). If the only choice you've got is for them to send it to the school directly, then you've got to take that.
I reckon it would be cheaper and faster if you could get it sent to you directly though. That way you could control how and when it gets to the university you are applying to get into.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 2:57am On Nov 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:
hello all. pls is it advisable for a federal govt worker who is on a payroll of 150k to forfeit his job for OZ. his plans is to study any medical related courses in sydney,get his PR and bring his wife and kids over.
wafer247
AlvinKem
kladworth and others pls
thanks.

Hi Zimunachimdi,
To start with, you made a good choice by going for a medical related courses. It would be difficult for me to advise if you should quit that job or not but would give some analogy which could help in your decision making.
150k in a federal job in Nigeria should be a relatively good pay but considering the present inflation rate, I doubt if that could go any length now.
An option you might want to consider is applying for a PR directly from Nigeria. That would depend on your occupation if it's on the skilled occupation list. That way, you are not leaving your job yet while waiting for the outcome of the application. You could read about 'SOL' online to check if you qualify. All you need is a minimum of 60points to apply.
Based on my experience and personal opinion, I believe the best time in life to apply for a visa here (student or any other type of visa) is after marriage before kids start coming. A couple can get settled faster that way than for someone coming as a single or with kids.
Taking someone on a student visa as an example, the person could work 20hrs a week and the partner unlimited hours if the person is studying for masters. It's 20hrs a week for the partner too if the study is for bachelors. That way it is easier to 'raise' money for the fees.
In your own case, so many factors has to be considered. For instance I don't know your present financial status per your savings and worth. That is for the fact that you have to pay your fees and still pay your family bills.
The point I'm basically making is that, it would be worth it in the long run but you would need some support before the end of your study. After your study and when you get a permanent stay and job, you would make a lot
That would be worth leaving your job now.
If you are eligible to apply for PR directly and you get granted while still in Nigeria, then it's a 'no brainer' that you quit your present job and come here.
If you also have some savings enough to support what you would be earning while working and studying, then it's also worth leaving your job now.
I still have a few more points to add but don't want this to become an epistle. Lol

9 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dampop1: 8:34am On Nov 06, 2016
Thank you so much, i really appreciate, how can i get course under SOL list and how can i get a cheap school for Agriculture related course, thanks.

ukchy:
Bro, my best advice for you...
Economics and management are not in SOL list.Any course that is not in the list is as good as wasting your money and time unless you just want to dash them money and go back after graduation.

Please do Agriculture related course , with that you are good to go
Australia is a wonderful place to study and a wonderful place to be, Hard work will sustain you as student here with little back up from home.

English language is not really compulsory if you can get exemption letter from your school.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2016
wafer247:

Hi Zimunachimdi,
To start with, you made a good choice by going for a medical related courses. It would be difficult for me to advise if you should quit that job or not but would give some analogy which could help in your decision making.
150k in a federal job in Nigeria should be a relatively good pay but considering the present inflation rate, I doubt if that could go any length now.
An option you might want to consider is applying for a PR directly from Nigeria. That would depend on your occupation if it's on the skilled occupation list. That way, you are not leaving your job yet while waiting for the outcome of the application. You could read about 'SOL' online to check if you qualify. All you need is a minimum of 60points to apply.
Based on my experience and personal opinion, I believe the best time in life to apply for a visa here (student or any other type of visa) is after marriage before kids start coming. A couple can get settled faster that way than for someone coming as a single or with kids.
Taking someone on a student visa as an example, the person could work 20hrs a week and the partner unlimited hours if the person is studying for masters. It's 20hrs a week for the partner too if the study is for bachelors. That way it is easier to 'raise' money for the fees.
In your own case, so many factors has to be considered. For instance I don't know your present financial status per your savings and worth. That is for the fact that you have to pay your fees and still pay your family bills.
The point I'm basically making is that, it would be worth it in the long run but you would need some support before the end of your study. After your study and when you get a permanent stay and job, you would make a lot
If you are eligible to apply for PR directly and you get granted while still in Nigeria, then it's a 'no brainer' that you quit your present job and come here.
If you also have some savings enough to support what you would be earning while working and studying, then it's also worth leaving your job now.
I still have a few more points to add but don't want this to become an epistle. Lol

Thanks for the episode Wafer247......Lol

I guess you know you are not only talking to Zimunachimdi.
Anyway I will like to ask, what are the chances of bringing your wife after you have started ur classes as a master student on Oz, I am concern about the $70k salary requirements by the embassy.....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2016
Please who sells Australia dollars here?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ideamaster(m): 11:39am On Nov 06, 2016
wafer247:

@dmickdx,Apologies for the late reply.

From July 1 this year, you could apply for a student visa while on a tourist visa. I would also advise you do not apply for any other visa now till you get the outcome of the visitor visa application.
Applying for a new visa now would overrule the initial application. Hope this helps

https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/52b-nfc#visasnostay

Visitors on the tourist visa subclass 600 would most like have a no further stay condition imposed on the visa because of GTE issues. The chances of converting your tourist visa to a student visa within 3 - 6 months is very slim. It would probably be possible if he has gotten admission, paid fees and gotten COE before hand. Then he can make the application in Australia and be placed on a bridging visa.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
GodsClan:
?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zimunachimdi: 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
wafer247:

Hi Zimunachimdi,

Thanks so much dear. I am very grateful and i dont mind the epistle and few other points.
I think that PR takes longer time to get,hence the student visa route.

There are no much savings from here,he will have to make first payment from here and other subsequent ones through work. i think the 20hours a week is quite small though

Now,kids are involve,how do he make it?
what are the possible ways out?

what of visiting or tourism visa?can one apply for studies while on it in aussie?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:

Thanks so much dear. I am very grateful and i dont mind the epistle and few other points.

There are no much savings from here,he will have to make first payment from here and other subsequent ones through work. i think the 20hours a week is quite small though

what of visiting or tourism visa?can one apply for studies while on it in aussie?

We Nigerians love "get rich quick schemes ". If your course is on SOL why not exercise patience until your visa is out and then you migrate to Australia in a relaxed state of mind instead of get a quick student visa and give your heart palpitation eh?

Well the choice is all yours. YES you can covert your visitors visa to any other visa provided there is NO FURTHER STAY condition on your visitors visa.

150k is a good pay in Nigeria but that same money can be made with 40hrs or 5days of work in Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:

Apply PR no matter how long it will take because with kids and spouse you will have enough bills to pay and won't be easy with studies and school, truth be told!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:

wafer247
AlvinKem
kladworth and others pls

thanks.

Apply for PR since you have work experience and also check if your qualification is on SOL list. To be honest student visa might sound easy but when you get here you will wish you applied PR in d first place.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zimunachimdi: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
AlvinKem:

Apply for PR since you have work experience and also check if your qualification is on SOL list. To be honest student visa might sound easy but when you get here you will wish you applied PR in d first place.

thanks sir.

he is an admin officer with 5years experience. he has B.sc and masters in public admin.

like how many months or years will the PR visa be granted?

i am so sorry for the much questions pls,pardon me.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zimunachimdi: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
WestAfrican:

We Nigerians love "get rich quick schemes ". If your course is on SOL why not exercise patience until your visa is out and then you migrate to Australia in a relaxed state of mind instead of get a quick student visa and give your heart palpitation eh?

Well the choice is all yours. YES you can covert your visitors visa to any other visa provided there is NO FURTHER STAY condition on your visitors visa.

150k is a good pay in Nigeria but that same money can be made with 40hrs or 5days of work in Australia.

Ok sir, i get you very well. it is just that this country don tire person.

are you saying it is easier to get this PR visa?

thanks alot.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ekazulu: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
zimunachimdi:

thanks sir.

he is an admin officer with 5years experience. he has B.sc and masters in public admin.

like how many months or years will the PR visa be granted?

i am so sorry for the much questions pls,pardon me.

I don't think Public Admin is on the SOL list...if that is the case, student route is the only option.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dampop1: 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good Evening,

Please i need your help, i will be passing out my nysc next year march.

I studied Agric Econs for my first degree...CGPA of 3.0 i will like to apply for agric courses(based on SOL).

Please can i apply for PR or i should go through MSc i plan to stay back at austrailia at the end because nigeria havent been nice to me....

Please i really need your candid advice(s).

Thank you so much.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman2: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dampop1:
Good Evening,

Please i need your help, i will be passing out my nysc next year march.

I studied Agric Econs for my first degree...CGPA of 3.0 i will like to apply for agric courses(based on SOL).

Please can i apply for PR or i should go through MSc i plan to stay back at austrailia at the end because nigeria havent been nice to me....

Please i really need your candid advice(s).

Thank you so much.

Lol, abeg, who have Nigerian been nice to?

Without work experience, still calculate ur points, if u get more dan 60 points without work experience, den u re good to go. But u can start preparing for Msc too. Or wait for gurus to come visit ur case file.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 10:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

Check d link

Dampop1:

Thank you so much, i really appreciate, how can i get course under SOL list and how can i get a cheap school for Agriculture related course, thanks.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by classichsy(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2016
foreverkind1:

Bro .for admission ,it depends ,,are u for MSC or bsc .just have it @ the back of your mind .admission na like 4 to 6weeks .make sure there are schools under ssvp (AL1 )

whats the different with schools under ssvp?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2016
GodsClan:
Me
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2016
classichsy:

Google will do the answer for you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Royat1(m): 10:40am On Nov 07, 2016
classichsy:

Less documents bro and higher chances of visa application , it takes 4weeks for ssvp visa processing.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sweetgal81: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
AlvinKem:

Do u have work experience and enough proof of funds? If yes then PR route will be better and u should CC @Bellong for advise, because I no go lie you won't find it easy with school, work and kids, u will have to enroll them in school I hope you know that too?

Thanks a million, we have enough work experience and well the money is there somehow so please should we apply even though our occupation falls in the CSOL..thanks a million once again.
Cc: bellong
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwa234: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Good advice

Hi Zimunachimdi,
I still have a few more points to add but don't want this to become an epistle. Lol[/quote]
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwa234: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hi. Does anyone know how long it takes to process a visitors visa?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Folorunso09: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hi all,

Pls who has any idea of how long the sub class 476 visa application takes?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mcjendol: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2016

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwa234: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
sweetgal81:

Thanks a million, we have enough work experience and well the money is there somehow so please should we apply even though our occupation falls in the CSOL..thanks a million once again.
Cc: bellong

What is your occupation and what is your husband's occupation?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hi gurus in tha house I have some of friends in Ivory Coast and they all have Ivorian passport that has a very good travel history Usa, Schengen visa, and they intend Visiting Australia what are steps to take and do they need to translate thier documents to English

Cc westafrican

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.