Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,114 members, 7,852,769 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1058044 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
ukchy:
Australia believe that our Bsc is not equivalent to theirs, most people doing MSC will go through that part
Certificate in this
Then Graduate diploma
to MSc in what you apply.

Just accept the offer sharp sharo cos is the sam courses you will do in masters, they just break it down, given it funny names

All the best

Thank you so much for the detailed response☺
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman2: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
WestAfrican:

Yes, you can apply for another visa while in Australia provided you have (NO FURTHER STAY) condition on your visitors visa.

You may choose to start seeking admission before coming here, the apply for a student visa while you are in Australia. If single, you can get married here and appy for a spouse visa
Make sure you don't bring your documents with you otherwise you risk been deported to 9ja.

All supporting documents must be certified, scanned and sent to your email.

(Plz do not send me private messages as i hardly check the email registered for this account.)

West, u mean I should keep my Bsc and other certificates in Nigeria cos I applied for agriculture in a college hopping to use my Bsc for work wen I cross den masters later wen am done. U just advised someone to just do online storage. Please explain.

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ukchy: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
You r most welcome
Vivienne01:

Thank you so much for the detailed response☺
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
lusen:

pls help me check if architecture is on the SOL list. I hope to start my master of architecture program in oz next year. I hold a bachelor degree in architecture. I have plans to stay in oz after my program... get pr and go ahead to become a licensed architect in Australia.
Go for PR straight to save time and cost instead of study route btw your course is on SOL lists meaning you are good to go
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=wafer247 post=50750892]@vivienne,
Why not try another uni? Better to go for want and more importantly something that would give you a chance for a permanent stay after your study if you intend to live here after your study. Shop around for the best price too. [/quote

Engineering Management is on the SOL list. So i'm on track
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
@vivienne01,
I wasn't referring to the course you intend to study when I asked you to check other uni. The point was that you could get a Uni that would let you do your masters directly without having to go through graduate diploma. That would save you heaps.
Not totally true that Nigerian BSc are not recognised. It's all up to you though
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by afolaseg: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
wafer247:
@vivienne01,
I wasn't referring to the course you intend to study when I asked you to check other uni. The point was that you could get a Uni that would let you do your masters directly without having to go through graduate diploma. That would save you heaps.
Not totally true that Nigerian BSc are not recognised. It's all up to you though

I know about that. Thank you all the same
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
BADNEAT:
thanks very much for the tip ...is Pretoria okay with IOM medicals ??have heard the approved clinic for that is Fatayi

IOM is very well approved even ahead of Fatayi Williams, you will be glad you did..... Busy as usual but whenever we come online we try to answer the ones we can, OZ no easy o, for those coming be prepared to work hard here!!!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
AlvinKem:

IOM is very well approved even ahead of Fatayi Williams, you will be glad you did..... Busy as usual but whenever we come online we try to answer the ones we can, OZ no easy o, for those coming be prepared to work hard here!!!
thanks ,you guys are really trying for us ...you can't imagine
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
sweetgal81:

i and my hubby's occupation is found in CSOL, can we apply for PR? please l stand to be corrected but l have read where you have to be nominated by a region or state..plus l have the option of going for a diploma in Med Lab. l also want to travel with my kids(Feb 2017) though Hubby will be going to Canada (by God's Grace)....Please l need your advise

Do u have work experience and enough proof of funds? If yes then PR route will be better and u should CC @Bellong for advise, because I no go lie you won't find it easy with school, work and kids, u will have to enroll them in school I hope you know that too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
BADNEAT:
thanks ,you guys are really trying for us ...you can't imagine

Was once like you too bro, information is key when it comes to OZ.... Follow all and do it right, trust me you will land here all of you IJN!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mrbigman2:

West, u mean I should keep my Bsc and other certificates in Nigeria cos I applied for agriculture in a college hopping to use my Bsc for work wen I cross den masters later wen am done. U just advised someone to just do online storage. Please explain.

Thanks

Are you coming on a visit visa to Aussie? If yes, pls keep all your credentials o, because if you bring it along with you and immigration sight it then be sure you will be deported!!! All they will say is that you hv proved your only coming here to work and not visit and for that reason ur visa has been cancelled. I once recommended the Dstv program titled "Border Security" for those who can watch I can't rmba what channel exactly but try to findout, it's an hr program about Aussie travels at d port of entry, there you get to learn how to answer questions, what food and item to bring in etc. Aussie immigration ain't nice and at d slightest mistake you done for o!!! Lol
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
maximus89:
Please house I need a candid advice, I just got an offer in masters in IT from Deakin university, for february. Pls I was asked to make a tuition deposit of 16000AUD plus 1287AUD for health insurance. Pls do Deakin university accept half deposit for the 1st trimester?gurus in deakin university or those present in melbourne what can U say abt deakin. And can I b allowed to apply for refund of fund if I want to switch school. Pls I need an urgent response. GOD bless U all.

You can't switch schools immediately, you must have spent 6 months at Deakin or which ever sch got you ur grant, hence no transfer of tution bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman2: 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
AlvinKem:

Are you coming on a visit visa to Aussie? If yes, pls keep all your credentials o, because if you bring it along with you and immigration sight it then be sure you will be deported!!! All they will say is that you hv proved your only coming here to work and not visit and for that reason ur visa has been cancelled. I once recommended the Dstv program titled "Border Security" for those who can watch I can't rmba what channel exactly but try to findout, it's an hr program about Aussie travels at d port of entry, there you get to learn how to answer questions, what food and item to bring in etc. Aussie immigration ain't nice and at d slightest mistake you done for o!!! Lol

Odiegwu!

Thanks for the advise.

For those intending to go to fatayi Williams for medicals, I got a tip that you should book an appointment with them ahead of time. Maybe a week, this reduces your pay dan going dia uninvited.
Ur medical can go as low as 30-35k. It's not a confirmed stuff but someone should give it a trail sha. Dia contact is online.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
dmickdx:

I get u bro but my concern is this.. am expecting a visitors visa soon.. and want to change status on arrival... The possibility of gaining an admission in short time or securing a job... Thanks

Like i said start looking for admission before you leave for Aus and you can apply for a student visa while you are in Australia. You have very slim chance of getting a visa under AL3 hence go for AL1.

Forget about getting a job cos no company will employ you on a social or visitors visa since they risk being fine by the govt. Unless you have wealth of experiences under your belt then you may be able to find a company to sponsor you while you are here.

Peanut advice, do not overstay your visa.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mrbigman2:

Thanks

The advice is for those coming in on a visitors visa. If those documents are found in your luggage, you have a lot to explain to immigration and the end result is usually deportation since they believe you to be an UNLAWFUL NON-CITIZEN.

You may wish to type this (border security australia 2014 season 13 episode 19) on YouTube search box to gain more insight on Australian Border Security system
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Vivienne01:

It is o... in my case, I have to make a complete tuition fee payment of the Graduate certification including other fees like OSHC and others.
I sent you a pm dear .kindly reply
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
foreverkind1:

I sent you a pm dear .kindly reply

I've responded
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kladworth: 12:09am On Nov 05, 2016
In addition to this, the best advice is to leave all your credentials and related documents in your home country. You can have someone send them down to you via courier when you arrive or send them yourself before leaving your home country.

WestAfrican:

The advice is for those coming in on a visitors visa. If those documents are found in your luggage, you have a lot to explain to immigration and the end result is usually deportation since they believe you to be an UNLAWFUL NON-CITIZEN.

You may wish to type this (border security australia 2014 season 13 episode 19) on YouTube search box to gain more insight on Australian Border Security system
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 3:20am On Nov 05, 2016
dmickdx:

I get u bro but my concern is this.. am expecting a visitors visa soon.. and want to change status on arrival... The possibility of gaining an admission in short time or securing a job... Thanks
dmickdx:

@dmickdx,Apologies for the late reply.

From July 1 this year, you could apply for a student visa while on a tourist visa. I would also advise you do not apply for any other visa now till you get the outcome of the visitor visa application.
Applying for a new visa now would overrule the initial application. Hope this helps
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 3:28am On Nov 05, 2016
dmickdx:

Not possible and illegal to get a job on a tourist visa. You might want to try working holiday visa instead. Not sure about the exact 'stream ' of your visa.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 3:35am On Nov 05, 2016
dmickdx:

Please how can I secure admission for my masters in Australia..
1). How can I check for the good schools fr a 2.2 mechanical engineering graduate?
2) how can get a part time job to support me?
3) what documents are required?
4) any special info required?

Most schools would accept you for masters with a 2.2. I did masters in mech. Eng. too though not with 2.2.
You could get a part time job that could support you after you start your study (may not be enough to cover all your fees though)
The normal documents like transcripts and others ( can't remember all now but you could check online); all certified.
You could PM me if you need any more advise. Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lusen(m): 8:29am On Nov 05, 2016
Solitin40:

Go for PR straight to save time and cost instead of study route btw your course is on SOL lists meaning you are good to go
I don't have work experience.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuel058: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2016
I hail you my oga...I am interested in coming to perth for study. I lodged my online and biometrics 2 weeks ago. Though, am yet to receive further instruction on what to do. Should i go ahead to do my medicals or wait for CO instruction? Further assistance would be appreciated. my email is adesam2003@yahoo.com.
wafer247:
Hi guys,
If you are coming for study in Australia next year (WA especially), get in here. I could be able to give some advice.
Was doing this a couple of years ago till some were asking funny questions. I met some guys then and helped a few to settle down.
Please note, I Don't do visa nor collecting any money for advise. All the best guys

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman2: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2016
samuel058:
I hail you my oga...I am interested in coming to perth for study. I lodged my online and biometrics 2 weeks ago. Though, am yet to receive further instruction on what to do. Should i go ahead to do my medicals or wait for CO instruction? Further assistance would be appreciated. my email is adesam2003@yahoo.com.

U should have done everything at once na before lodging for visa application. Dis might delay ur grant and may attract extra cost.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by wafer247: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
samuel058:
samuel058:
I hail you my oga...I am interested in coming to perth for study. I lodged my online and biometrics 2 weeks ago. Though, am yet to receive further instruction on what to do. Should i go ahead to do my medicals or wait for CO
instruction? Further assistance would be appreciated. my email is adesam2003@yahoo.com.

Hi, better to do your medicals before the CO ask for it to avoid delay. It's valid for a year from the time you did it.
Not sure what MrBigman meant by extra cost though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Raymondeji(m): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
wafer247:
Hi guys,
If you are coming for study in Australia next year (WA especially), get in here. I could be able to give some advice.
Was doing this a couple of years ago till some were asking funny questions. I met some guys then and helped a few to settle down.
Please note, I Don't do visa nor collecting any money for advise. All the best guys

Hi bro, I'm coming in January, kindly send me a mail, let's talk oladejiray@gmail.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by samuel058: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
thanks boss.
wafer247:

Hi, better to do your medicals before the CO ask for it to avoid delay. It's valid for a year from the time you did it.
Not sure what MrBigman meant by extra cost though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dmickdx: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
wafer247:

Most schools would accept you for masters with a 2.2. I did masters in mech. Eng. too though not with 2.2.
You could get a part time job that could support you after you start your study (may not be enough to cover all your fees though)
The normal documents like transcripts and others ( can't remember all now but you could check online); all certified.
You could PM me if you need any more advise. Cheers

thanks man..but

1 do I ask for transcript and verify myself? or the school in Australia requests for it?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dmickdx: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
wafer247:

@dmickdx,Apologies for the late reply.

From July 1 this year, you could apply for a student visa while on a tourist visa. I would also advise you do not apply for any other visa now till you get the outcome of the visitor visa application.
Applying for a new visa now would overrule the initial application. Hope this helps

u too much

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.