Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,116 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1050331 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 03, 2016
Pls who recently lodged a visa application?what was the cost of Medicals,X-ray,yellow card, biometrics ..

And how much did the visa fee cost u in naira
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 4:27am On Nov 03, 2016
foreverkind1:

Hello .how many weeks did it take UTs to send u an offer letter .patiently waiting for your response

Hi, it took them about 4 weeks which is a month.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2016
Vivienne01:

How's aussie? Hope u re enjoying every bit of it?

Make una try dey come online come assist us abeg. E no easy at all. Na only two or three persons dey always give full assistance and I understand how many mail and messages dey have to treat each moment dey re chanced to be online.
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 03, 2016
BADNEAT:
Pls who recently lodged a visa application?what was the cost of Medicals,X-ray,yellow card, biometrics ..

??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2016
For brothers and sisters coming over to OZ, try to enroll and obtain a certificate in an Aged care or disability. Cleaning work is good as well, that one may not need certification. Once you have enough fund and you can drive, opt for disability work. It is a lot easier than aged care. Look for shared flat, it cuts rent cost. Try and affiliate with a religious group you inclined to, you need support. Don't the law and pray for God guidance .

8 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2016
BADNEAT:

Medicals varies depending on your intending course because those going for health related course pay more than others due to additional test, budget around 45k, X-ray #5,700, yellow card at port health in airport is 1k while it's 3k at fatai williams, biometrics is #7,430, the visa fee is AUD535 you pay online using a dollar master card due to the fluctuating exchange rates budget 180k.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 7:09am On Nov 03, 2016
malmo:
For brothers and sisters coming over to OZ, try to enroll and obtain a certificate in an Aged care or disability. Cleaning work is good as well, that one may not need certification. Once you have enough fund and you can drive, opt for disability work. It is a lot easier than aged care. Look for shared flat, it cuts rent cost. Try and affiliate with a religious group you inclined to, you need support. Don't the law and pray for God guidance .
Thanks. Like how much for the training and what's the duration?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2016
bligs:

Medicals varies depending on your intending course because those going for health related course pay more than others due to additional test, budget around 45k, X-ray #5,700, yellow card at port health in airport is 1k while it's 3k at fatai williams, biometrics is #7,430, the visa fee is AUD535 you pay online using a dollar master card due to the fluctuating exchange rates budget 180k.
thanks ...thought the visa fee was *556AUD...thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ekazulu: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2016
malmo:

Such tips are very helpful. But the certificate is it only for those coming to study nursing?? And what is the duration of the training & how much does it cost to enroll??

Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dmickdx: 9:28am On Nov 03, 2016
bligs:

Some prerequisite courses might be missing in your transcripts, if you ain't satisfy with your offer change the course or better still switch school.

please I want to ask ..what's the prerequisite of doing a masters in Australia in engineering with a 2.2 grade in engineering degree?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2016
dmickdx:

please I want to ask ..what's the prerequisite of doing a masters in Australia in engineering with a 2.2 grade in engineering degree?
You can even secure admission with a 3rd class, all depend on your choice of course, school and other factors, countless ppl have secured admission for masters with 2.2 without stress while a pathway may be needed for 3rd class. Your transcripts will determine whether you had the basic knowledge of your intending post graduate course, in short transcripts is the major determinant factor.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dmickdx: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2016
bligs:

You can even secure admission with a 3rd class, all depend on your choice of course, school and other factors, countless ppl have secured admission for masters with 2.2 without stress while a pathway may be needed for 3rd class. Your transcripts will determine whether you had the basic knowledge of your intending post graduate course, in short transcripts is the major determinant factor.

thanks man... long life..

and I'll be having a visitors visa to Australia.. but I'm looking at a change of status.. be it work permit or admission.. please is it obtainable? if it's obtainable how can I do it?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 11:36am On Nov 03, 2016
dmickdx:

thanks man... long life..

and I'll be having a visitors visa to Australia.. but I'm looking at a change of status.. be it work permit or admission.. please is it obtainable? if it's obtainable how can I do it?
cc: westafrican he will be in better position to answer this.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sweetgal81: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
bligs:

please l am interested in the pathway for 3rd class holders, have checked and checked.... i studied Anatomy but l want to go for either medical laboratory or diagnostic sonography.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bligs: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
sweetgal81:

please l am interested in the pathway for 3rd class holders, have checked and checked.... i studied Anatomy but l want to go for either medical laboratory or diagnostic sonography.
Honestly you have to do this yourself and the other option left is consulting a reliable agent, google will be off help here, search for universities and colleges in Australia offering your choice of course and check their requirements.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by foreverkind1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Vivienne01:

Thanks dear cool
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 2:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Applied for mEngSc (pet Eng) 2yrs n was offered mc-PetEng 1.5yrs with this statement ... m I good to go?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello all,

I need una help oo, Got my offer letter last week but I am trying to look for the best exchange rate for AUD17k. Please let me know if you know anyone here in Naija or outside that can help......... also trying to use Form A.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Mrbigman1:

How's aussie? Hope u re enjoying every bit of it?

Make una try dey come online come assist us abeg. E no easy at all. Na only two or three persons dey always give full assistance and I understand how many mail and messages dey have to treat each moment dey re chanced to be online.
Thanks

I'm not in Australia yet. Still working on the process.
However, if there is any way I can be of assistance i'll do my best to advise to the best of my knowledge. Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
jackson2dye4:
Applied for mEngSc (pet Eng) 2yrs n was offered mc-PetEng 1.5yrs with this statement ... m I good to go?

good to go. score 65% and above GP on the first course so u can continue to get ur M.eng which is additional 6months to make everything 2yrs.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kwenu: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hi every one . I have a brother whose passport has been in the hands travel agent for 2years now . with 2 different agent the both have been unable to secure him both a schenghen visa and Canadian visa. now as his elder brother I m considering if we should try australia for studies . he has agreed for australia but our problem now is the ielts. he's not sure about making it in the IELTS exam .and to be honest he's not good at English language .

I like to know of there's any other exam he can do when he gets to Australia .
I know some schools may grant admoàision without. IELTS . but visa is the major concern
everything else is ready just the IELTS. is there an
ything one can do?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
udz:

good to go. score 65% and above GP on the first course so u can continue to get ur M.eng which is additional 6months to make everything 2yrs.

Thanks alot
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mrbigman1(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
kwenu:
Hi every one . I have a brother whose passport has been in the hands travel agent for 2years now . with 2 different agent the both have been unable to secure him both a schenghen visa and Canadian visa. now as his elder brother I m considering if we should try australia for studies . he has agreed for australia but our problem now is the ielts. he's not sure about making it in the IELTS exam .and to be honest he's not good at English language .

I like to know of there's any other exam he can do when he gets to Australia .
I know some schools may grant admoàision without. IELTS . but visa is the major concern
everything else is ready just the IELTS. is there an
ything one can do?

Try pte.
He should get the app and practice extensively.
Then hopping he makes it. Pte can be taken 5 days from registering and expect score 5 days after exams. I got mine d day after anyway.
I have d software for sale at lower price if u wish den direct u on how to go on registration and other things.
Interested, mail me @ mribehval2012@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cuteannie02: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
BADNEAT:

I would advise you use IOM for ur medicals, it's cheaper, it costs abt 42k for travelers (cost of medicals plus x-ray) and it's on the mainland in Lagos, easily accessible

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
cuteannie02:

I would advise you use IOM for ur medicals, it's cheaper, it costs abt 42k for travelers (cost of medicals plus x-ray) and it's on the mainland in Lagos, easily accessible
thanks very much for the tip ...is Pretoria okay with IOM medicals ??have heard the approved clinic for that is Fatayi
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oluwa234: 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
oluwa234:
Hi guys. Please does anyone here have an idea of the average time to get a feedback for a visitors/conference visa?

Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dmickdx: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
bligs:

cc: westafrican he will be in better position to answer this.

Thanks again
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kwenu: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
as for PTE test, can the Australian embassy grant me visa before I write the test . I have fears that I may not pass any of the standardised. test. is it possible that they grant visa first and later I write the test.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
kwenu:
as for PTE test, can the Australian embassy grant me visa before I write the test . I have fears that I may not pass any of the standardised. test. is it possible that they grant visa first and later I write the test.

Find skul that doesn't require pte or better still get skul that will accept english as second language. ...i panic just like u..the pte exams and ielts no ne by book o....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
Just want to confirm one thing. ...How is visa application fees paid ...is it in dolars or it can be received in naira?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ilias2:
Just want to confirm one thing. ...How is visa application fees paid ...is it in dolars or it can be received in naira?
dollars , that's a major issue now ....anyone with tips on that ,this may be the right time to drop it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.