Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1049388 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nwokeomajayb: 11:12am On Jan 20, 2017
jackson2dye4:

Yeah, I didn't pay n it's getting me scared "no payment required "
Ehhh another new year discombobulation. B4 na unlimited work hour for work study now this. Hello I've not seen such b4.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Llexnet:

Hmmm, 700k is much oo, I spent like forever on cheap flight and all of I get naa foreign currency. I decide to use wakanow.

If you don't mind Etihad you can check them out. Etihad from wakanow is the cheapest right now, I even compared with travelstart.
Yea surprised ...700k is too much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jackson2dye4: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nwokeomajayb:

Ehhh another new year discombobulation. B4 na unlimited work hour for work study now this. Hello I've not seen such b4.

Was really confusing ooh
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DEINDIK(m): 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello guys, Please i'd like to know. As a student embarking on a two year study, Is one likely to have issues at the Australian airport if you take a One Way flight? In other words, must you book a Return flight? I need answers from all Nairalanders who have experience with this, please.
Llexnet:

Hmmm, 700k is much oo, I spent like forever on cheap flight and all of I get naa foreign currency. I decide to use wakanow.

If you don't mind Etihad you can check them out. Etihad from wakanow is the cheapest right now, I even compared with travelstart.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
DEINDIK:
Hello guys, Please i'd like to know. As a student embarking on a two year study, Is one likely to have issues at the Australian airport if you take a One Way flight? In other words, must you book a Return flight? I need answers from all Nairalanders who have experience with this, please.
no
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DEINDIK(m): 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ok, thanks BADNEAT. Someone told me you would be asked at the airport why you don't have a return ticket so I became curious.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
DEINDIK:
Ok, thanks BADNEAT. Someone told me you would be asked at the airport why you don't have a return ticket so I became curious.
student visa abi tourist?never heard of that here or any other place
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Try booking a ticket with a return date almost two years after your intended outbound date and see if it is possible smiley In fact, I don't think one can book for a one year interval.

In essence, they would never ask a student intending to study for two years for a return ticket.

DEINDIK:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DEINDIK(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Yeah, it's not possible to book a return beyond a year. Thanks alot for the information.
SegunWamiri:
Try booking a ticket with a return date almost two years after your intended outbound date and see if it is possible smiley In fact, I don't think one can book for a one year interval.

In essence, they would never ask a student intending to study for two years for a return ticket.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DEINDIK(m): 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
It's student visa. I am clear on this now. Thanks guys.
BADNEAT:
student visa abi tourist?never heard of that here or any other place
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
Topet124:

Please what school did you apply to

Torrens University
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
DEINDIK:
Wow That's pretty fast. Congratulations. I lodged mine yesterday.Tapping into your miracle.

Were you called by the Case Officer?

Thanks. No i wasn't called. I wish u success
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
BADNEAT:
congratulations Mrs .provide the house with your timeline so others may learn from you as ye have learnt from others

I applied to Torrens University on 28th Nov through their only agent in nig, Options Education.

I got an offer letter on the 17th of Dec after an interview with the sch. Although there were some delays b4 the admission due to some complications needed to be explained in some of my documents, if not the admission process is 1-2weeks.

I made payments, then due to xmas hols I got my CoE on 4th Jan. Front loaded my medicals and submitted visa on 11th Jan, it was granted on 18th Jan.

On normal circumstances, the whole admission and visa application is within a month if u have complete documents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by damien83: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hi @mjlbabajide, just have a quick question regarding the 5years equivalency of Nigerian degrees to Australia's. Can a 4year bachelors degree and 1year PGD equal an Australian bachelors degree? And do you have a source for your claims?
mjlbabajide:

Kindly note that i am a member if that thread. Nobody ever mentioned school ranking there.

Lemme educate you based on my experience. My friend from OAU and i, appliied for assessment with Vetassess.

We both studied 4year geology course, i did in my study at University of Maiduguri.. going by our transcripts i offered more course work than him with more industrial attachments.

He got positive assessment for education while mine was a negative assessment, sighting that mine was not equivalent to an australian degree.

I quickly followed up with them, with my friends case. Then i received a long mail from them telling me that they have a ranking system in place for Nigerian Universities and in order to be positively assessed from University of Maiduguri, i have to come up with a 5years degree. That is they only grant positive assessment for 4years course from just a few select institution.

So OGA i know what am talking about. This might help someone. This was late 2015. If i had gone through school route jeje, i would be rounding up now, even then. Dollar was cheap, you need to know that there is nothing as dangerous as delay.

Mind you i am not a fountain of knowledge i am only sharing experience not hear say.

I payed 800AUD for that assessment. So please let us be objective and educate people well, b4 you go waste months and money to obtain a negative assessment at the end of the day.

I will try login in into vetassess and provide you their response.

That is my 3 cowries
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
MrsCB:

I applied to Torrens University on 28th Nov through their only agent in nig, Options Education.

I got an offer letter on the 17th of Dec after an interview with the sch. Although there were some delays b4 the admission due to some complications needed to be explained in some of my documents, if not the admission process is 1-2weeks.

I made payments, then due to xmas hols I got my CoE on 4th Jan. Front loaded my medicals and submitted visa on 11th Jan, it was granted on 18th Jan.

On normal circumstances, the whole admission and visa application is within a month if u have complete documents.

"I made payments" what was the method you used?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
Solitin40:

"I made payments" what was the method you used?

Someone outside the country helped me, that's the best option. Making payments from Nigeria now is only if u have foreign currency.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by guadete: 12:18am On Jan 21, 2017
I need a source where I can pay for my tuition cos black market rate is too high.......plz anyone who can provide help plz send me a pm

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shotuns: 1:15am On Jan 21, 2017
Hi MrCB, I'm keying into your success. A big Congratulation. However I'd like to ask if you wouldn't mind sharing the content of the interview with the school and possibly things to avoid during compiling our documents as you mentioned that there are complications in your documents.
Please your information will help us intending candidates to be more successful in our future applications.. Thanks MrCB. Your greatness is just beginning. Amen.

MrsCB:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 1:56am On Jan 21, 2017
shotuns:

Hi MrCB, I'm keying into your success. A big Congratulation. However I'd like to ask if you wouldn't mind sharing the content of the interview with the school and possibly things to avoid during compiling our documents as you mentioned that there are complications in your documents.
Please your information will help us intending candidates to be more successful in our future applications.. Thanks MrCB. Your greatness is just beginning. Amen.

Do u want to apply to Torrens University? They don't don't process student's applications directly except u go through their agent. The student counsellor will guide u through.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 2:19am On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=MrsCB post=52991014][/quote]

I cannot share the interview questions unless u are applying to the school which the counsellor will guide u.

For the documents, u just have to find out the requirements of any school u are applying to. The complications were my personal problems which needed my explanations.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seyo99: 3:53am On Jan 21, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks much but I have already gone far in the Canadian scheme.

Plus OZ has its own many challenges in the beginning stages which do not fsvour me but truth be told, the opportunities are better in oz....also see the below contrast a colleague from the Canada thread.

Yeah, they both have their pros and cons. These are what I have been able to gather from the 2 systems.

Australia
Pros
1. POF not required
2. Age does not drop points significantly
3. BSc and Msc. get the same point
4. It takes roughly about 1 month to get PPR after AOR
5. You can get ITA with zero work experience (especially for Engineers)
6. It favours those with high number of years of work experience
7. It favours Engineers as most Engineers have their job code under SOL List and CSOL list and Engineer Australia can be very fast to evaluate qualifications
8. You can decide to write PTE instead of IELTS. People say PTE is easier

Cons
1. Application fee is about 3 times that of Canada
2. You will not only evaluate your certificate, you will have to evaluate your work experience as well if you plan to claim points for work experience
3. No of years of work experience are often reduced after evaluation
4. It can take ages to get work experience evaluated
5. You only get points at all if you have 3 or more years of work experience
6. You need all 7s in IELTS to get 10 points for language and all 8s to get 20 points
7. if your occupation is not under SOL list or CSOL list, it is nearly impossible to get PR
8. It is nearly impossible for Medical doctors, lawyers, etc for to get PR as they will need to pass their professional exams first before applying
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.

Canada
Pros
1. Application fee is reasonable
2. You do not need to evaluate work experience
3. Good for Medical doctors and others in regulated professions
3. You just need to target 8.5,8,7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW
4. There is no SOL/CSOL List. You will qualify once your NOC code is under 0,A or B
5. Work experience does not have to be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.
6. You just need 3 year work experience for you to get maximum score under work experience

Cons
1. POF is required
2. Without MSc or a "professional" qualification, you will have to rely on PNP to get above 450
3. PNP is very difficult to get
4. Age has a huge impact on your score
5. Work experience does not count after 3 years
6. It takes about 6 months after AOR to get PPR.
7. You will need the combination of this 3 to get above 450: good IELTS score, 3 year work experience, MSc/2 or more qualifications/regulated professions

Please be free to add more to allow people to decide on which route to pursue.

Nice write up. I'm tryna learn on procedures for Australian visa. looking from given facts on here I guess these informations are restricted to skilled workers or PR Immigrants. please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm still seeking for informations.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mjlbabajide(m): 9:45am On Jan 21, 2017
damien83:
Hi @mjlbabajide, just have a quick question regarding the 5years equivalency of Nigerian degrees to Australia's. Can a 4year bachelors degree and 1year PGD equal an Australian bachelors degree? And do you have a source for your claims?

Well, if you look through DIBP and assessing body websites, they only mention masters, bsc(uni degree), diploma, or vocational. All these can only be assessed independently and not combined into one.

My source is my experience.

Which is not all Nigerian universities gets positive assessment for 4year course. So you might need to find if your uni is one of such schools or not.

But like some people with different assessment experince have said, this issue differs from one assessing authority to another.

Therefor i conclude by saying you might want to let us know your course of study, university attended and assessing body. It is possible we find someone who scaled through or did not scale through with your exact situation
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2017
Nwokeomajayb:

walahi I don check that work thing like three more times ,hoping it was removed by mistake

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nope! You're on the right thread if it's general information you seek. There's a seperate thread for PR

seyo99:

Nice write up. I'm tryna learn on procedures for Australian visa. looking from given facts on here I guess these informations are restricted to skilled workers or PR Immigrants. please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm still seeking for informations.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please I need a link that explain what you can carry to Australia as a student with regards to food items.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Llexnet: 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2017
@Badneat, I tried to Pm you but its not going thru. need to ask you some questions, please pm me your number so we can talk.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Llexnet:
Please I need a link that explain what you can carry to Australia as a student with regards to food items.
need an answer to this too
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
Llexnet:
@Badneat, I tried to Pm you but its not going thru. need to ask you some questions, please pm me your number so we can talk.
check your mail
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jamesgordon: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hi All,

Its been about 8 yrs since I graduated and have been working for about 4yrs. Its time to go for Masters or Post Graduate and I much prefer Australia or New Zealand, but the issue here is how can one with a 3rd class gain admission or chances for either PR and Admission in the Oceania countries.

Please house help someone with your suggestions. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by damien83: 11:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
I have a 4year bachelor's degree in Business Admin. from University of Benin and my BSc was assessed as equivalent to Australian associate degree. So I'm considering including my one year PGD from Pan-Atlantic University for reassessment and my assessing body is VETASSESS. What do you think?
mjlbabajide:

Well, if you look through DIBP and assessing body websites, they only mention masters, bsc(uni degree), diploma, or vocational. All these can only be assessed independently and not combined into one.

My source is my experience.

Which is not all Nigerian universities gets positive assessment for 4year course. So you might need to find if your uni is one of such schools or not.

But like some people with different assessment experince have said, this issue differs from one assessing authority to another.

Therefor i conclude by saying you might want to let us know your course of study, university attended and assessing body. It is possible we find someone who scaled through or did not scale through with your exact situation
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayoyemi124: 2:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Please anyone coming to perth in February .please
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MrsCB: 8:03am On Jan 22, 2017
Anyone going to Adelaide February or already in Adelaide?

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.